Best Buy Employee Reviews

Really good place to work
Customer Services Representative (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  North York, ON2 March 2017
Amazing place to work and they help you out with everything. They also really understanding of any situations you have in your life. They also have a job security.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
lots of standing
bad
Mobile Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2017
i worked for best buy for 3 years and they dropped me like a rock with no warning or anything and the reason they gave me was absolute bull. they said my attitude was not fit for the NPS they were going for but every time i got a survey with my name on it, it was always a promoter
Fun Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 February 2017
At best buy, I learnt alot of new technical things, which helped me build a strong relationship with technology. Nice place to work
Decent Job for on in school
Digital Audio Specialist - Sales (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON28 February 2017
In college or university? This is a great flexible job with lost of perks being an employee.

If you want to be a retailer for life you may see advancement but it's a decent paying employer with great employee discounts.
Overall fun place to work
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 February 2017
Best buy wasgreat to for, Pay could have been more but the people and friends you meet working there make it worth it. Some of the Mangment are not experienced enough to be in the positions they are in.
Decent as a part time job
Loss Prevention and General Labour (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON23 February 2017
Can't imagine working full time there but as a part time job not bad, there isn't much to advance to, job can bring some challenges but not too difficult, people there are easy to get along with, overall it was an alright experience.
Pros
Nice working enviroment
Cons
Not much to advance to
Environnement de travail motivant et propice à l'amélioration.
Chef d'équipe (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC22 February 2017
Emploi très stimulant.
Possibilité d'évolution de carrière.
Bons avantages sociaux.
Apprentissage des techniques de gestion et formation des employés.
Être entouré de gestionnaires compétents et à l'écoute de nos demandes, toujours prêts à nous en apprendre davantage.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON22 February 2017
I enjoy interacting with customers and learning all about new products that Best Buy carries. Management do a good job preparing new employees for the position and everyone helps each other.
Great workplace, very good Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2017
Workplace was amazing, the management team is very professional and are always there to help you out. Co-Workers are great too, to be honest not really anything negative to say about the company or the store, they genuinely try to help out customers and their warranties are very useful when it comes to protecting your products.
Pros
Great Management, Great Work Atmosphere
Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON21 February 2017
Worked at Best Buy as my first job in high school. They were not willing to accommodate with my schooling and I was scheduled to work nearly every day of the week even after explaining that I couldn't. The pay is minimum wage which is fine if it's just a part time job. Management was absolutely awful. Treated people so poorly and were so full of themselves, and so were the employees. No one was willing to help at all.
Cons
Awful management, not many breaks if any, not willing to accommodate
Ambiance positive
Gérant (Former Employee) –  Rosemère, QC20 February 2017
La culture au travail fait en sorte que l'ambiance entre collègue est très positive.
Fun workplace, management.....needs work
Multi-Channel Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON20 February 2017
Depending on your location, the management can be great, a good team-leader, always listening to you and helping you out. Or they can be controlling, or even worse, extremely passive about everything.

I found that the people I worked with, not including management, were the life of the work environment. They support each other whenever they can and made BestBuy a place I wanted to go into everyday and work at.

If you like technology, you'll always be learning something new here and be surrounded by like-minded people. Even if you think you don't know enough.

Again, this could change depending on which 'box' you're applying to.
productive, and great environment to work in
Connected Solutions Specialist (Employee Position) (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON19 February 2017
I've learned great customer service skills and sales skills, improving my skills progressively as I work there. A typical day will be restocking shelfs with units, putting some devices on demo displays, consulting customers with products and recommending services that will benefit them. As well as cleaning the tills and display areas when the store is closing. The management is fantastic, as they listen to my recommendations and concerns I might have. The hardest part of the job is when there isn't much customer traffic through the store and meeting the sales goals we want to reach. The most enjoyable part of working at Best Buy is everything, the staff is amazing, there is great customer experience and much to learn on and off the job.
good place to gain experience
Chef d'equipe departement mobile (Current Employee) –  Greenfield Park, QC18 February 2017
It's a good training ground for youngsters who want to develop they're skills in the sales work, good working environment I was blessed to be part of one of the best team in Canada.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 February 2017
I really enjoyed working for Best Buy. Management was very good at keeping everyone on the ball to what is happen. Management worked hard which makes me work harder. Excellent training.
Pros
product seminars
Cons
hours - shifts
Easy and relatively lax work experience
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 February 2017
Not too challenging or stimulating, good for experience. Not too sales oriented, just have to be there and talk to customers.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Boring
Being Amazing while having fun at work
Counter Intelligence Agent - 3 (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 February 2017
Great place to work if you are interested in Retail industry. Great people works here and make this place an amazing experience for shopping almost everything in the store and online.
Geek Sqaud technicians are the best as they help like a True Friend and not just an employee
Pros
Good Pay, Growth opportunities for those who wish to excel
Cons
Have to deal with unnecessary arguments about the Protections Plans
good place with great team
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Lasalle, QC15 February 2017
Good place to work, fun people to work with and the benefits are great (part-time and full time benefits). You get to really learn how to work as a team in both sales and non sales environments.
Good workplace
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 February 2017
Good environment with good people. Clean warehouse and good break timings.My supervisor is a very respectful person and supervisor.
Pros
Clean area and good people
Cons
nothing
Nice co-workers, fun environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2017
This was a fun job, it was challenging because it was right around
Christmas so I was most of the time rushed to find, and help a new customer. The fact that I was rushed most of the time helped me learn how to deal with stressful situations with a bit more enthusiasm, and confidence.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.