Best Buy Employee Reviews

great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 June 2016
It was a great experience and opportunity to work at Best Buy. The staff was great, I would definitely work there again if given the opportunity.
Na
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 June 2016
Job - I like

I learned lot of technical and management skill

My co- workers are really helping

No Hard part, looking for new challenges
Working at computer solutions
SALE ASSOCIATE AND CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 January 2016
Helping customer around with Laptops and Camera's was quite fun, because I enjoy working around technologies. Specially with camera's, I know a lot about camera and working at Best Buy helps me connects more with what I love. It was really great and different experience working with such nice and communicating surroundings. I think if you like what you do, you'll enjoy your job even more and would show more interest, that's why we should always go for what we love to do the most.
Pros
Great environment
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON6 April 2016
you get to use your phone while you work & the managers are chill with talking when there are no customers, as long as the store and sections are tidy
Pros
lots of free incentives.. free food/lunches/huge product discounts
q
Store Floor/Gaming (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 June 2016
the cat jumped over the building and turned into a kite, it was cool to watch it all happen, then I got me some ice cream for my cat, which is also my cat
Pros
a
Cons
a
Great co-workers , not the best management
Service a la clientele (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 January 2016
Its great working there , my co-workers are the best , the salary is 11$ without commission and they still pressure you to sell warranties , if you don't sell a lot , they remove hours from your shift which is horrible. If it wasn't for the people i work with i would have quitted a long time ago.
Pros
Best co-workers, fun enviroment
Cons
Hours, pay
weekly lunch, weekly games
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scott Road,BC7 May 2016
i like working in the friendly environment company like best buy. My seniors care about me and help me in building up my career.
Structure is needed to Maintain a fair workforce
Customer Service/Entertainment (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON4 February 2016
I worked for Best Buy when it was Future Shop. I was there for 8 years. Upon my time there i was moved twice into different positions thus learning how to run most of the store. However, the way the staff was projected to strive for numbers instead of quality was concerning for me. It seemed that money was more important than the customers experience. I was overlooked on several occasions to move into sales as i was told that i'm "Operations material, not sales." I would have appreciated the chance yet it seem that you had to be friends with the manager for that to happen. Hardest part of my job was seeing how things were done with such difficulty when they really didn't need to be. I would find simplistic ways of completing the same task yet it was frowned upon. The only joy I had there was the people....some of them. Not the clicks.
Pros
Taking pride in my job
Cons
Everything else
Overall great work environment
Shipper/Receiver and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 February 2016
Best Buy was a great experience to me. I learned a lot and developed my teamwork skills. The management helped me through this process by continuous group projects. My co-workers and I got a long very well and together we completed tasks effectively and efficiently.
Lots of great people
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB1 February 2016
The people I worked with were wonderful and it made it enjoyable to go to work. The hardest part of the job was knowing what I was supposed to do on a daily basis as the training was not very good. I enjoyed my position there and the physical aspects that came with the duties that I had.
Pros
People
Cons
Poor training
Great Workplace
Home Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 February 2016
Best Buy is a great workplace with a fun and exciting environment. Being able to educate customers on reliable products is amazing. Managers and other employees all try their best.
Pros
Amazing discount on some things
Cons
Slow season so not much customer interaction on floor
Experience
Spécialiste du service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC28 March 2016
My work experience in Canada has been rewarding because I learned different techniques servcio customers has helped me improve my service every day

It is a good company to work.
Pros
nana
Fun to work at
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 May 2016
Aot to do in a shift cool technology Great staff and a great company! Sad to have only been contracted Seasonal and hope to work with them again!
good start for learning marketing
Manager or senior of connected solution section (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 January 2016
Bestbuy is a really good place and i really enjoy working there. Its very fun and very productive. a place that you always learn something new from it. full of challenges which i really like. full of pressure but and stress which might make you mad but at least its not boring most of the times. I've learned so much in bestbuy especially in electronics section. Management part was one of the challenges that I had. at start i made some mistakes but i learned from it and and from now on i know how to face to problems and i think out of 10 i give my self 8.5. Still so many things to learn but I'm doing good.
The hardest part of this job to keep up sale and services in the dead and busy time of the store. the thing is when the store is dead we have good numbers on services but not in sales and in busy time is vice verse. Our job is too balance the numbers.
Pros
employ discounts
Cons
salary
Fun fast paced atmosphere.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada30 March 2016
Amazing company to work for, I would recommend it as a life long career company. Reasonable hours despite it being retail with amazing support staff to help you achieve your goals.
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 April 2016
very helping co workers.
good management
good training for new comers
exceptional customer service
good communication skills
Best buy- geek squad
Geek squad member (Former Employee) –  North York, ON17 January 2016
The employees and management was amazing. I did co op for best buy then later got hired and it was a great learning experience in retail. I got hired for a short period of time but I would definitely re-apply.
Pros
management, customer service experience, job was enjoyable
Cons
Was only hired for temporary work
Not challenging
Product Tester (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 December 2015
Don't feel that I have grown or used my potential to further myself or improve with other products and electronics. Always kept in one section -- cellular phones. They expect you to succeed or exceed your productivity, yet almost struggling when they give you other tasks which requires of more importance. The best part of working there is with the team and co workers
Pros
teamwork is great, we all help each other when we can
Cons
no growth or feel lack of acknowledgement
A good company to start your career with.
Product Process Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 December 2015
Best Buy is a really good company for anyone interested in working for retail and various aspects of the retail industry. once you are thorough with it just take the next step by moving on to different organizations. You never know when there is going to be a restructuring and closing of business.
Pros
Good place to learn all the different aspects of retail.
Cons
Expect the unexpected, its like the "sword of damocles" you won't be able to predict anything until it happens.
loved the people
sales (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC16 April 2016
its a great learning experience. the staff are always willing to help you learn and it a great environment. you learn about all of the products and how to sell them.