Best Buy Employee Reviews in Canada

Grew Unenjoyable
Connected Solutions Senior/Apple Master (Former Employee) –  Warden and EglingtonSeptember 12, 2015
Started as a Part-Time associate. Worked quite hard to achieve high revenue and customer service. Lead Team of associates. Lead in Sales. Refused to consider raise or promotion without proper reasoning. Immature management staff
Good Call, Best Buy Mobile!
Mobile Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, OntarioSeptember 11, 2015
Working with Best Buy Canada has been a great experience. The environment is fun because of the supportive management and outgoing co-workers. I started off with this company less than a year ago and I can proudly say that I have been able to enhance my skills as a worker and as a person in general. The management is approachable and have an open door policy - they are always there to discuss certain issues or concerns as leaders and as friends.
Product process specialist( media position )
product process specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill high techSeptember 9, 2015
Really o.k when your in co-op than possible chance ,I recently became a part time , but I`m still doing the same positions in co-op ( movies , down stocking , putting prices tags and pricing movies). Really I feel that the manager is really making an excuse for to fire me! but really I manage to do my best coping this part time and looking for new job part time job in future. Surly that the manager would be happy but really good discounts, dental benefits , like insurance. Even as student (full time and taking part time continue education in post secondary school). But maybe there might be possible that I might become a full part time product process position, or I might just find another before the manager take me out of the job.
Pros
really comfortable environment, good discounts, general manager is great and great supervisor
Cons
low days, lack of hours or no days at all and no promotions
Best place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 7, 2015
I loved working at Best Buy, friendly staff, great work environment, never shortage of hours. Amazing workplace experience that I would love to endure at another company.
Interactive and alert place to be
Home solution specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 2, 2015
Great place to work at. I was getting to many hours at the time as I was still in school. Just graduated and im looking for any type of work especially welding or general labourer
Pros
great discounts
Cons
long days standing around
the most enjoyable part of the job
Home theatre salesman (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 31, 2015
the best part of working at best buy was the fact that i was constantly busy and helping customers.
helping people was what i enjoyed the most
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
having random shifts outside of my availability
Very fun, sociable place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NSAugust 30, 2015
I worked for just under a year and it was my very first job. My supervisor was very understanding with any questions or things I may not of understood, she taught me how to get the job done with ease and satisfaction.
Okay place to work, too bad the managent department lacked alot of things
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONAugust 29, 2015
Was not managed well at all, the co-workers made it enjoyable, but too bad their was alot of favouritism and favouring the same employees over and over again, and if you don't play hockey, don't expect to get full-time at this Best Buy, they only want their hockey friends working here.. Put a bad taste in my mouth about Best Buy forsure..
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Favouritism, No Union, Unorganized, Cut-back hours for part-time staff without notice, they don't care about their employees life unless you sell something.
fun to work
Customer Service Representative / Cashier Clerk (Former Employee) –  burlington, onAugust 28, 2015
Maintained clean and orderly checkout areas in order to provide fast and courteous customer service.
Reconciled cash drawers at the beginning and end of each shift to ensure accurate amounts and adequate change currencies were available.
Pros
Fun place to work
Best Buy
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  belleville, onAugust 25, 2015
I like working at Best buy but the only problem i have is sometimes the management is bad. One day they will treat you one way the next day they will treat you another
Good first job
Sales & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ONAugust 19, 2015
Only good for a first job. Very little room for advancement for entry level employees. nothing else to say about best buy at this point
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Fun work environment with lots of opportunity for advancement.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 18, 2015
Great place to work with a lot of opportunity for advancement. Leadership at all levels are invested in their associates with genuine care. A lot of their time is spent on training and supporting associates to deliver a great experience to it's customers.
Pros
Fun, Dynamic, Flexible Schedules
Cons
Long hours, Holidays
Fun, Sales driven workplace
Computer Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  HamiltonAugust 17, 2015
Typical day at my specific store, come in and do your sales check-in, go onto the floor to contact customers and offer the highest level of customer service that we possibly can.
Awesome company to work for!
Multi Channel Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  OntarioAugust 17, 2015
Great company to work for! Regular visits from HR and Head Office officials to hear our input and opinions regarding changes to the company. Management always encouraging employees to give exemplary customer service first and worrying about daily goals second. The management team was also very supportive of all of our life goals and aspirations and helped us become "amazing"!
Great place to advance your customer services skills
Full Time - Computer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 16, 2015
Great place to develop customer service and customer complaint resolution skills. Friendly envirnment with a proven employee development plan.
Pros
Staff development
Cons
Unpredictable schedule
Fun and welcoming work environment
Operations/Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 10, 2015
Great place to build your skills and in a fun environment, There are many opportunities for advancement within the company. Management is very helpful when guiding in training, and with career goals.
Very productive with a game in the morning . Morning meeting to give review.
Samsung Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 7, 2015
It is very satisfied environment to work in. the manager are really helpful in training and providing all necessary information. It is a happy environment and less stress to work. The co-workers are supportive while working. It is a overall excellent team experience to work with.
Pros
Lunch room facility with refrigerators and furniture.
Salesmen Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 31, 2015
A typical day starts within Best buy includes jumping right into work which detail in communicating with customers to find the right and best product for that consumer. I learned many ways to deal with customers and my product knowledge increased to a point way selling $2000 Mac-book's came at ease with increased up selling of different products such as Microsoft word or even protection plans. Co-workers would always work together to get the best experience for the customer because we are on a no commission bases. The hardest part was honestly was not being able to close a sale in the beginning but as my experience grew the easier it got to finalize the sale.
Pros
very easy going people, flexible hours and great benefits
Cons
only one break per shift, I prefer a 15 min twice rather then 1 half hour
Good culture and entertaining
Sales - Computer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 28, 2015
work with fun and great opportunity to develop relationship with customers. Good incentives and motivation.
Sometimes, mostly week ends are very busy.
I enjoyed taking challenge of the sales target and achieved it fast with appreciation of the management.
Pros
Appreciation on good job
Cons
Less pay
Best buy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ONJuly 26, 2015
Working at Best Buy is a great way to develop and hone your sales associate skills. Due to the fact you need to ask opened ended questions and produce a solution that works best for you customer. Some days are busy, some completely boring. Management is awesome and helpful. Careful, when your store doesn't meet budget, your hours get cut too.
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
Not enough hours