Best Buy Employee Reviews in Canada

Waste of a job low pay
Computer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONFebruary 28, 2016
They want us to work 40 hours during December but, rest of the year you will get 12 hours per week. They push you to sell so much while making $11/h
Pros
Discounts on prodcuts
Cons
everything
Great Learning Experience
Home Theatre Sales specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Learned how to talk to customers. Learned how not to be shy and close a sale. Communication skills grown tremendously with this job. Fun place to work as a student.
Pros
Fun place to work, Good experience
Cons
Pay isn't the greatest
Good store to learn and grow in the computer knowledge
business manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington,OnDecember 11, 2015
A store with a lot of knowledgeable staff. Great training with both in store and out of store. Helpful staff. I learned some very good management training program which helped me in the Best buy store.
Pros
discount for employees
Cons
Store slow down time
Working at Best Buy
Best Buy Mobile Lead (Former Employee) –  Weston and Highway 7October 19, 2015
Could be very demanding at times depending where we stood on the National Score Card. Learn about a lot of new tech coming to stores and also how to deal with customer issues and making sure they are taken care of. Management was fair and expected you to come to them with any concerns or ideas of improvement yo felt was needed. Co-workers were all easy going and fun to work with and made the job the most enjoyable. Hardest part of the job was trying to tackle a customer issue that wasn't going in the path you intended and when that happens I would team up with management to get a resolve.
Pros
Best Buy employee purchases on items and events
Cons
sometime longer than expected hours and unattainable goal expectations
The best Hub ever
Mobile Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Great place to work overall, people are amazing, everyone will speak up if there is any issues.
Looked forward to going to work everyday.
Pros
HUB, people, management
Cons
minimum wage
a fun fast paced work life experience
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 20, 2015
Responsible of insuring our daily, monthly and yearly sales quotas are met or exceeded. Working with individuals and mentoring them on bettering their sales skills to help achieve the overall numbers while providing excellent customer services to our customers.
Pros
working with all departments
Cons
the hours - retail has evening positions
nice place to work
part-time cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 16, 2016
it has not been long since I started working here, but I have been liking it so far. Co-workers have been nice and store management has been helpful.
People person and supar sales man
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  SKFebruary 3, 2016
If you think you can built report with customers and are able to sell products and are will to achieve out standing results this is the place for you.
Great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 24, 2016
I enjoy working for best buy the environment and management is good. Its a positive environment we have while being the best.
Fun Team
Sales/Receiving/Shipping associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 19, 2015
Some days are busy others are slow.Learn to operate a variety of machines and training is provided by the company.Mostly all the Managers are great,helpful and supportive.The co-workers are great people.
stressful
part-time Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 9, 2016
never apply there. your efforts are not respected. you are just another tool that the company uses for business and nothing more than that.
Really Fun work environment
Ex Sell Merketing (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCFebruary 7, 2016
they are Very nice and coopoerative and understanding with great pay and awesome work team meet new people by traveling around
Best Buy is an amazing place to work at because of the amazing and enthusiastic environment.
sales associate (Current Employee) –  south edmonton commonSeptember 28, 2015
Every time I go there i get instructions on what to do and how to do it. We get to pick what we want to do and how we want to do it. My co-workers are amazing and so helpful to each other. The best part of my job is i get to assist different kind of customers everyday and make sure they got exactly what they need.
Pros
good hours
Cons
N/A
Very energetic and fun
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCNovember 11, 2015
I had a great time there, unfortunately I was hired knowing I was working a seasonal position. I enjoyed the customers because they were very knowledgable in electronics which I relate to. I would love to work there again!
Pros
Very high energy
Cons
Seasonal positon
Friendly Environment
Connection Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJanuary 27, 2016
Fun place to work great people , staff, management, Just wish is wasn't seasonal and paid better. Great experience though
managaement
Warehouse person (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 10, 2016
Best Buy is a good place to work. Management is very good. Jobs are easy but the main problem is irregular hours and also no security of job
Pros
good place to work
Cons
no security of job
Good Call, Best Buy Mobile!
Mobile Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, OntarioSeptember 11, 2015
Working with Best Buy Canada has been a great experience. The environment is fun because of the supportive management and outgoing co-workers. I started off with this company less than a year ago and I can proudly say that I have been able to enhance my skills as a worker and as a person in general. The management is approachable and have an open door policy - they are always there to discuss certain issues or concerns as leaders and as friends.
every job has it's pros and cons
Sales (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2016
Pros : its very positive environment.. management are always concerned about your experience and concerns
cons : leadership aren't consistent
Productive learning experience
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONOctober 19, 2015
Taught me lessons in merchandising, inventory management and also customer service. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and managers and working towards the satisfaction of customers.
Pros
Free lunches every staff meeting
Cons
long hours during the holidays
Good for starting in retail
employee - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 12, 2016
I learned a lot about the skills needed in the retail space, as well as learning skills such as working a cash register, and warehouse work.