Best Buy Employee Reviews in Canada

Really Fun work environment
Ex Sell Merketing (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCFebruary 7, 2016
they are Very nice and coopoerative and understanding with great pay and awesome work team meet new people by traveling around
Very energetic and fun
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCNovember 11, 2015
I had a great time there, unfortunately I was hired knowing I was working a seasonal position. I enjoyed the customers because they were very knowledgable in electronics which I relate to. I would love to work there again!
Pros
Very high energy
Cons
Seasonal positon
managaement
Warehouse person (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 10, 2016
Best Buy is a good place to work. Management is very good. Jobs are easy but the main problem is irregular hours and also no security of job
Pros
good place to work
Cons
no security of job
Good Call, Best Buy Mobile!
Mobile Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, OntarioSeptember 11, 2015
Working with Best Buy Canada has been a great experience. The environment is fun because of the supportive management and outgoing co-workers. I started off with this company less than a year ago and I can proudly say that I have been able to enhance my skills as a worker and as a person in general. The management is approachable and have an open door policy - they are always there to discuss certain issues or concerns as leaders and as friends.
Friendly Environment
Connection Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJanuary 27, 2016
Fun place to work great people , staff, management, Just wish is wasn't seasonal and paid better. Great experience though
Cons
every job has it's pros and cons
Sales (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2016
Pros : its very positive environment.. management are always concerned about your experience and concerns
cons : leadership aren't consistent
Productive learning experience
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONOctober 19, 2015
Taught me lessons in merchandising, inventory management and also customer service. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and managers and working towards the satisfaction of customers.
Pros
Free lunches every staff meeting
Cons
long hours during the holidays
Good for starting in retail
employee - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 12, 2016
I learned a lot about the skills needed in the retail space, as well as learning skills such as working a cash register, and warehouse work.
Okay place to work, too bad the managent department lacked alot of things
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONAugust 29, 2015
Was not managed well at all, the co-workers made it enjoyable, but too bad their was alot of favouritism and favouring the same employees over and over again, and if you don't play hockey, don't expect to get full-time at this Best Buy, they only want their hockey friends working here.. Put a bad taste in my mouth about Best Buy forsure..
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Favouritism, No Union, Unorganized, Cut-back hours for part-time staff without notice, they don't care about their employees life unless you sell something.
fun workplace
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 3, 2016
The Best Buy staff was full of easy going and enthusiastic co-workers who all want to get the job done.
Learned to become better with my communication skills
decent workplace with low job security
Supervisor at Best buy Canada (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 14, 2015
It is a good company, especially if you are in school and are looking for a part time job. the management is decent and it is easy to move up in the company because they are always looking for people
Pros
easy promotion
Cons
bad job security
Fun and fast paced
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 9, 2015
I am currently at Best Buy, and it is a fun job, but the hours a bad and not many shifts. Its very fun but seems one sided. Learned more about inventory management and communication between co workers.
Pros
fun
Cons
minimal hours
Awesome company to work for!
Multi Channel Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  OntarioAugust 17, 2015
Great company to work for! Regular visits from HR and Head Office officials to hear our input and opinions regarding changes to the company. Management always encouraging employees to give exemplary customer service first and worrying about daily goals second. The management team was also very supportive of all of our life goals and aspirations and helped us become "amazing"!
Best buy review
Sales (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABNovember 4, 2015
The people were nice and the company was well structure but i applied because it wasn't commission so i wasn't pressured to sell things to people who didn't need them. Then the management began to apply pressure that i didn't believe in.
Best Buy Mobile was great for a time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCNovember 3, 2015
At Best Buy Mobile the job was really great for the first couple years. The higher that you progress the more sales oriented your job becomes despite being "non-commission". Not a lot of room for growth.
A fun to work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJanuary 10, 2016
A professional introduction to retail sales.I think this is the best happened to me in Canada till date.A fun to work place.
Best buy
Mobile Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Good place to work.
Great on the job perks and benefits.
Would recommend this job to a friend.
fun and sales driven work environment.
Very productive with a game in the morning . Morning meeting to give review.
Samsung Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 7, 2015
It is very satisfied environment to work in. the manager are really helpful in training and providing all necessary information. It is a happy environment and less stress to work. The co-workers are supportive while working. It is a overall excellent team experience to work with.
Pros
Lunch room facility with refrigerators and furniture.
Product process specialist( media position )
product process specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill high techSeptember 9, 2015
Really o.k when your in co-op than possible chance ,I recently became a part time , but I`m still doing the same positions in co-op ( movies , down stocking , putting prices tags and pricing movies). Really I feel that the manager is really making an excuse for to fire me! but really I manage to do my best coping this part time and looking for new job part time job in future. Surly that the manager would be happy but really good discounts, dental benefits , like insurance. Even as student (full time and taking part time continue education in post secondary school). But maybe there might be possible that I might become a full part time product process position, or I might just find another before the manager take me out of the job.
Pros
really comfortable environment, good discounts, general manager is great and great supervisor
Cons
low days, lack of hours or no days at all and no promotions
Fun work environment with lots of opportunity for advancement.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 18, 2015
Great place to work with a lot of opportunity for advancement. Leadership at all levels are invested in their associates with genuine care. A lot of their time is spent on training and supporting associates to deliver a great experience to it's customers.
Pros
Fun, Dynamic, Flexible Schedules
Cons
Long hours, Holidays