Best Buy Employee Reviews in Canada

Okay place to work, too bad the managent department lacked alot of things
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONAugust 29, 2015
Was not managed well at all, the co-workers made it enjoyable, but too bad their was alot of favouritism and favouring the same employees over and over again, and if you don't play hockey, don't expect to get full-time at this Best Buy, they only want their hockey friends working here.. Put a bad taste in my mouth about Best Buy forsure..
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Favouritism, No Union, Unorganized, Cut-back hours for part-time staff without notice, they don't care about their employees life unless you sell something.
every job has it's pros and cons
Sales (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2016
Pros : its very positive environment.. management are always concerned about your experience and concerns
cons : leadership aren't consistent
Good for starting in retail
employee - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 12, 2016
I learned a lot about the skills needed in the retail space, as well as learning skills such as working a cash register, and warehouse work.
fun workplace
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 3, 2016
The Best Buy staff was full of easy going and enthusiastic co-workers who all want to get the job done.
Learned to become better with my communication skills
decent workplace with low job security
Supervisor at Best buy Canada (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 14, 2015
It is a good company, especially if you are in school and are looking for a part time job. the management is decent and it is easy to move up in the company because they are always looking for people
Pros
easy promotion
Cons
bad job security
Awesome company to work for!
Multi Channel Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  OntarioAugust 17, 2015
Great company to work for! Regular visits from HR and Head Office officials to hear our input and opinions regarding changes to the company. Management always encouraging employees to give exemplary customer service first and worrying about daily goals second. The management team was also very supportive of all of our life goals and aspirations and helped us become "amazing"!
Fun and fast paced
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 9, 2015
I am currently at Best Buy, and it is a fun job, but the hours a bad and not many shifts. Its very fun but seems one sided. Learned more about inventory management and communication between co workers.
Pros
fun
Cons
minimal hours
Best buy review
Sales (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABNovember 4, 2015
The people were nice and the company was well structure but i applied because it wasn't commission so i wasn't pressured to sell things to people who didn't need them. Then the management began to apply pressure that i didn't believe in.
Best Buy Mobile was great for a time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCNovember 3, 2015
At Best Buy Mobile the job was really great for the first couple years. The higher that you progress the more sales oriented your job becomes despite being "non-commission". Not a lot of room for growth.
A fun to work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJanuary 10, 2016
A professional introduction to retail sales.I think this is the best happened to me in Canada till date.A fun to work place.
Best buy
Mobile Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Good place to work.
Great on the job perks and benefits.
Would recommend this job to a friend.
fun and sales driven work environment.
Very productive with a game in the morning . Morning meeting to give review.
Samsung Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 7, 2015
It is very satisfied environment to work in. the manager are really helpful in training and providing all necessary information. It is a happy environment and less stress to work. The co-workers are supportive while working. It is a overall excellent team experience to work with.
Pros
Lunch room facility with refrigerators and furniture.
Product process specialist( media position )
product process specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill high techSeptember 9, 2015
Really o.k when your in co-op than possible chance ,I recently became a part time , but I`m still doing the same positions in co-op ( movies , down stocking , putting prices tags and pricing movies). Really I feel that the manager is really making an excuse for to fire me! but really I manage to do my best coping this part time and looking for new job part time job in future. Surly that the manager would be happy but really good discounts, dental benefits , like insurance. Even as student (full time and taking part time continue education in post secondary school). But maybe there might be possible that I might become a full part time product process position, or I might just find another before the manager take me out of the job.
Pros
really comfortable environment, good discounts, general manager is great and great supervisor
Cons
low days, lack of hours or no days at all and no promotions
Fun work environment with lots of opportunity for advancement.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 18, 2015
Great place to work with a lot of opportunity for advancement. Leadership at all levels are invested in their associates with genuine care. A lot of their time is spent on training and supporting associates to deliver a great experience to it's customers.
Pros
Fun, Dynamic, Flexible Schedules
Cons
Long hours, Holidays
Salesmen Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 31, 2015
A typical day starts within Best buy includes jumping right into work which detail in communicating with customers to find the right and best product for that consumer. I learned many ways to deal with customers and my product knowledge increased to a point way selling $2000 Mac-book's came at ease with increased up selling of different products such as Microsoft word or even protection plans. Co-workers would always work together to get the best experience for the customer because we are on a no commission bases. The hardest part was honestly was not being able to close a sale in the beginning but as my experience grew the easier it got to finalize the sale.
Pros
very easy going people, flexible hours and great benefits
Cons
only one break per shift, I prefer a 15 min twice rather then 1 half hour
Good Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCJuly 23, 2015
Overall working at best buy gave me some good experience with customers which helped me get some experience. I learned how to handle the cash and help customers. My co-workers were nice and helped me out when i needed help. There was nothing extremely difficult about working at Best Buy, but the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in a team environment.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Long Hours
fun to work
Customer Service Representative / Cashier Clerk (Former Employee) –  burlington, onAugust 28, 2015
Maintained clean and orderly checkout areas in order to provide fast and courteous customer service.
Reconciled cash drawers at the beginning and end of each shift to ensure accurate amounts and adequate change currencies were available.
Pros
Fun place to work
Grew Unenjoyable
Connected Solutions Senior/Apple Master (Former Employee) –  Warden and EglingtonSeptember 12, 2015
Started as a Part-Time associate. Worked quite hard to achieve high revenue and customer service. Lead Team of associates. Lead in Sales. Refused to consider raise or promotion without proper reasoning. Immature management staff
Best buy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ONJuly 26, 2015
Working at Best Buy is a great way to develop and hone your sales associate skills. Due to the fact you need to ask opened ended questions and produce a solution that works best for you customer. Some days are busy, some completely boring. Management is awesome and helpful. Careful, when your store doesn't meet budget, your hours get cut too.
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Relaxed and interactive environment
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  torontoSeptember 21, 2015
It was easy to get along with fellow staff members. I was productive and adaptable with all work tasks. The most rewarding part of my Best Buy experience was becoming knowledgeable about electronics and sales.