Best Buy Employee Reviews

Cool people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB7 December 2016
I met lots of cool people there.
It is a younger work force, and I started out with an older crew, so it was a big change. Sometimes it does feel like you are babysitting and they can make pretty big mistakes that are hard to fix.
Management was my biggest issue, they did not make great decisions for the long term of the buisness, and we're not good leaders. They would push blame to their employees, as well as not helping with creating solutions, just pushing it off to others.
I did meet some cool people though and I did enjoy what I did day to day as a home theatre installer.
Pros
Fast paced sales floor
Cons
Long holiday season, management
okay starter job
CUSTOMER SERVICE/SALES (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB4 December 2016
Not a bad place to work. Not a lot of opportunity unless you want to relocate. Lots of employees come and go here it seemed.
Pros
customer interaction
Cons
benefits, hours
What I learned
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 November 2016
I learned to handle customers sensitive information with care. I had to handle there social insurance numbers and credit information.
Productive and fun work environment
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON22 November 2016
Even though my work experience was short at best buy, I enjoyed working in the department I was in. The co-workers were all very easy going and I had a great time working there.
Productive and fun work environment
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 November 2016
Fantastic place to be and build a career.. Lots of great accessories and electronics to check. fantastic work environment lots of positive energy and great employeees
Pros
free lunches
Cons
competitive and challenging work
Good way to learn about sales skill for beginners but not enought to grow
Connected Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 November 2016
Recommended for short term goal and work experienc BUT not recommend for long term goals. Communicate of management is bad to employees and management can sometimes give you a verbal abuse on the head sets and written.
Pros
Good employee discount and health benefits
Cons
Poor communication from leaders and management
Mobile Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2016
Amazing place. Great managers and co workers. Lifestyle is pretty free flowing and easy going. Nice to have someone walk in with a problem and send them on their way happy and satisfied.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Gets dead at times
Fast paced, competitive, rewarding
Sales Associate / Gaming Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2016
A great place to work, honed my skills of sales and pushed me to reach new points. When you work hard they recognize it and reward you accordingly. Customer service was great as well
Pros
Good discount
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK11 November 2016
the environment is welcoming,people are laid back but result oriented. scheduling is flexible great place to work if you're a student
Productive and fun place to work at
Home Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON9 November 2016
Excellent part time job, works well for students. Best Buy is willing to work around school schedule. Management is very supportive and staff is very cooperative.
Fun place to work
Sr. Business Administrator - eCommerce Operations (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 November 2016
Best Buy is a great and fun place to work.

Employees work in a fun, dynamic environment, enjoy generous discounts on the hottest gadgets and gear, and receive a great pension plan. Whatever your expertise, whatever your interest, it is a good place to launch your career.
It was a good time and I learned a lot of important life skills
Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB6 November 2016
I had a very good time at Best Buy it was a very educational job. I met some very nice people and added upon my growing ability to work in a work place and it had really helped in teaching me how to adapt to stressful situations.
Pros
Free food, fun workplace
Cons
Long hours, occasionally slow
fun workplace, inadequate management team
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB4 November 2016
Working in this department, you often feel undervalued, more is expected of you than of other departments, and yet less is given back.
The environment can get somewhat childish, like being in high school, though it can be a lot of fun with great co-workers.
With a management team that causes more problems than it solves.
The Christmas rush can get overwhelming, with constant cutbacks on labor budgets.
Pros
good health benefits and staff discounts
Cons
poor management team
Relaxed work atmosphere
Home Solutions Sales Senior (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2016
No pressure to meet sales targets, management team is supportive. Hardest part of the job has to be the busy seasons such as back to school and Christmas in dealing with a higher traffic of customers.
Fun coworkers, mediocre job
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 November 2016
The atmosphere with the coworkers is very fun, there are constant outings put on by the management so there are plenty of opportunities to get together and make coworkers friends. My issue is the rapid turnover of employees, the lack of competent electronics with which to perform your job, and the lack of help from managers when dealing with difficult customers.
If you work in sales you can count on learning a ton about the products.
Pros
Good team, fun atmosphere
Cons
management isn't always helpful, frequent rude customers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK3 November 2016
typical day at work, never take your stress out on customer's
if you are having a bad day i suggest you ask for a day off.
i had learned that not every job place they treat employee's equally.
not all co-worker's get a long, i try my best to get a long with everyone i am an outgoing person.
the hardest part of my job was when i was left alone at the front on a busy day. but still manged to help everyone alone. :)
a job is never done, you would always have something to do.
Pros
sunday game nights
Cons
6 hours
Amazing Workplace
ASSISTANT MANAGER IN TRAINING (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2016
Amazing company to work for, with many opportunities of development and growth. Great culture, staff, and consumers to deal with daily. Company' motto is BE AMAZING!
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ontario30 October 2016
Not many companies are as accommodating as Best Buy. When it comes to family obligations as well as things like school, other jobs, etc. they are always very accommodating. It is hard to deal with tough customers as well as the drama that goes a long with having over 60 employees at one time. You do make a lot of friends but sometimes that is a double edged sword so to speak. Management can sometimes be tough depending on who, but for the most part, they just want whats best for you as an employee and the company as well, because it is a business. You are often motivated to sell a lot as expected in most retail jobs but do not make commission.
Pros
Understanding and work environment
Cons
DRAMA and no commission
Positive and fun place to work!
Geeksquad (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 October 2016
Perfect place to work, lots of support and very friendly environment. I highly recommend Bestbuy for employment. Professional and very well maintained
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Good if you are a student but as a fulltime job stay away
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2016
No room for growth.
Poor DM really does not know how to empower employees or have a conversation with staff.
I would not work under this DM again.