Best Buy Employee Reviews

one of the best place i ever worked,
Geek Squad Counter Intelligence Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 December 2017
always fun to work here, never felt tired in the store as the environment is so energetic and enjoyable. moreover, management is very helpful in every situation.
best place to work
Microsoft Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB18 December 2017
Best place to work and good work environment. Mangers are always their to listen your problem and solve them immediately. Good opportunities for good future.
Fun work environment!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansdowne, NB17 December 2017
Working at Best Buy was a fun experience! I worked as a sales associate helping customers find products based on their needs. I specialized in computer sales and customer service. A typical work day would be approaching customers and greeting them and finding their needs and recommending solutions. Also we attached services known as Geek Squad and after sales services.
Excellent company to work for
Product Process Senior (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS14 December 2017
Best Buy Canada has an amazing ideal of Value based leadership which is second to none. The company promotes fairness and equity, and is known to unleash the power of it's people.
Typical Retail Workplace
Audio Department Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 December 2017
Working at Best Buy was a great experience though the hours being not fixed was an issue. As a part time job this sufficed as there were no commissions, the stress of making sales was not overwhelming.
Best Buy employee experience
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2017
Highly concentrated on customer and employee engagement through several store meetings and parties. Fun environment to be comfortable in to perform quality customer service.
Pros
Good employee discount
Cons
Heavy traffic
Fun co-workers, Management was alright
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 December 2017
I worked there for four years, went through a couple general managers and had people come and go alot. Good job if you are attending school or want something on the side. Sometimes they put people in charge that make you wonder how they got the job.
Pros
Good people, free lunches every now and then, flexible hours
Cons
Hard to move up the company depending on where you are, favoritism
Great team and location to work at
Home Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2017
Great meeting new people and providing world class customer service and having fun whole being the best ..helping senior customer and giving the best full solution for there need
Pros
Paid training
Cons
No weekend
Great work atmosphere
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 December 2017
▪When you work at Best Buy you become very close to your colleagues (in every department), it makes you feel like you are part of a family.
▪Management is open with your availability and will try to comply with your schedule.
▪You learn different skills all the time during your shift; dealing with customer issues on your own, learning about different products even if you aren't in that specific department, leadership.
▪Best Buy makes you feel secure and safe, your team has your back when you are in trouble or need help
▪Everyone makes work a fun atmosphere to be in
Pros
So many generous people you get to work with
Cons
Can be some disrespectful people you work with
Working at Best Buy
Mobile Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 December 2017
Working at Best Buy has been quite memorable. My coworkers have all been so kind ever since I started - all so friendly and helpful during my early stages of working at the store. As time has progressed, I am noticing improvements in all of my professional skills. For example, my etiquette, my organizational skills, my sense of responsibility and (most of all) my sales skills have dramatically improved. All of these things put together have helped me to improve my overall confidence throughout my day-to-day expenditures. Therefore - all in all - my experience at Best Buy has been both very pleasurable and very beneficial.
Good place but could use some improving.
Sales Associate (Part-time) / Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 December 2017
for a typical day of work you are given duties based on your department, the sales team are responsible for keeping their area clean, the warehouse maintains the store and displays. i learned a lot about computers and televisions when i was in sales and i learned a lot about shipping, receiving and merchandising when i worked in the warehouse. the hardest part of the job was the speed required of you, you had barely enough time to give the customer all the information at times. and you were always busy in the warehouse with something or another. The people were what made the job amazing though.
Pros
The people were great
Cons
Management needed to be more organized
Enjoyed the busy holiday seasons
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2017
-Had a great work experience working with busy environment and lot of people to meet and enjoy the reality of customer service.

-Boxing days and Christmas was the busy place to learn.
Pros
Busy and learn lot
Cons
not busy can be boring
Good first time management job.
sales floor manager & media and marketing manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 December 2017
This Job taught me how to be a manager and how to get respect and be authoritative. It was a good starter job. I left it to move on to a better and higher up position.
Very nice
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC3 December 2017
Working in retail was a very good experience and would gladly do it again. Boss's we're funny and know a lot about the establishment. Im someone that loves electronics and had a lot of fun selling them.
Fun place to work
Sales and Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 December 2017
Best Buy has a lot to teach depending on which department you work in. It's a really relaxed and cultural organization. You go to work knowing that adequate people are hired for the role, so you don't need to worry about working with just anyone. It is a well diverse workplace with a mix of genders, religions, ethnicity's and age groups.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Low Job Security
Fun people and Environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB1 December 2017
It is alright, it is nothing extraordinary just another job. It has good people and good environment, however I cannot stand the issue surrounding hours.
One of my favorite positions
Mobile Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL22 November 2017
The Good:
This is a great place to get your first job. It will teach you about how companies operate and where you fit into all that. The staff is typically really friendly and you can always get help when it's needed. This is a pretty low-stress job and when you get to know everyone, it's even better!

The Bad:
No commission. The bosses will say "it's a good thing" but at the end of the day, you're still held to sales quotas the same as anyone on commission. If you don't meet your quotas you will be put on a "plan" that is code for "start looking for another job". (This is especially stressful for managers who seem to have high turnover rates)
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Literally NO job security
Fun place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2017
It was a great place to work at, people were friendly made so good friends and management was amazing. We had team nights witch were always fun and they supplied the food and drinks.
Pros
Lunch brakes, benefit
Cons
There were non
Great place to gain knowledge in electronics
Connected Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2017
I got the chance to work with one of the best companies in North America. Big team to help and the management is with you when you need. I learned a lot about the sales and technology moving on crazy like gamers, 4K.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Have to run on floor while on work
Cool, and productive workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 November 2017
Had to scan items, and shelf them. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the new technology come in. The hardest part of the job was working midnights.
Pros
Nice discount
Cons
Midnight shifts during holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

55.4K