Best Buy Employee Reviews

Where else are you gonna go?
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL24 January 2017
Title says it all. You are expendable and management does not care about you. The "values" are simply lip service. If you go to management with a legitimate issue, they twist your words and somehow the issue ends up being framed as only your own. Perfect example of gas lighting. Management knows that you won't get paid as well for an entry level job anywhere else. That's how they trap you. No set schedule so youre eassentially a part-timer who works 37.5 hours per week. Your opinion is not valued and those who speak up end up being shot down or reprimanded. Absolutely no support from management and advancement is extremely difficult unless you "get in" with a manager and live the CULTure. The only way you can survive for life is to value the business more than the employees.

Co-workers were fantastic. It is unfortunate to see so many good people stuck in such a place because it is their only option.
Pros
Great co-workers, discount
Cons
Management, schedule, pressure to sell with no incentive
they have a ps4
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 January 2017
it was nice air conditioned and also friendly people you will enjoy losts of people were saying they can see themseleves there for a very long time i recommand you to go there
A workplace that illustrates having fun while being the best.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 January 2017
Everyday at Bestbuy is different, but its same in the fact that everyday is an exciting and fun day. I learned alot through bestbuy. I learned how to manage a team. How to run a department smoothly. How to hit targets in a fun and productive way so that all employees are really engaged to work. The workplace culture is always friendly and fun. Everyone is always smiling at work and you can go to anyone when you need help! The mornings are started with a game that will get everyone perked up for the exciting day ahead. I enjoyed coming to work and just giving exceptional customer service, allowing the our clients to always come back looking for me!
N/a
Computers Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2017
Fast paced environment - a typical day at work. Learned how to interact with customers and satisfy consumer needs and wants while managing assigned tasks.
fun and productive work place
Multi channel sales associate and customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2017
great company to work for. I learned a lot of skills that are really useful to me. i worked with great staff and actually enjoyed going to work because the people there were amazing. Great benefits and opportunity for advancement.
productive and fun workplace
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 January 2017
shifting hours
good management
fun at work
sometimes short or low man-hours
good discount for employees
busy/peak hours usually during afternoon to early evening
Productive and fun working place
Sales Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2017
Working for Best buy allows one to learn all of the sales techniques, such as providing the opportunity to build your own client base
na
Sales Manager / Level 2 Installer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 January 2017
great place to work everyday learned lots every day l went to work great part of the day was meeting new people overall fun place to work
Pros
na
Cons
na
Great experience working for Best Buy!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 January 2017
Great place to work retail. Great environment and the management was fair and honest. Enjoyed going to work each day as it was always a pleasant shift.
Great Environment and Culture
Geek Squad Agent (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 January 2017
A good company that takes the effort in training their employees to ensure their customers get the best experience possible.

As an employee, you learn to become self-sufficient and take responsibility for your work. If you are looking to turn this into a career, then the store management do take the time to help you climb the corporate ladder.

Store meetings are a great resource and keep everyone in touch with how the company is doing even making seasonal and part time hires feel welcome.
Productive fast paced workplace.
GSC Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 January 2017
a typical day at work would require fast paced work ethic to be able to meet orders on time and load trucks full of skids for outgoing products.
it was fun at Best Buy
Salesperson/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2017
I had so much fun with all of the Best Buy employ and the management of the Best Buy is really good and all of the manger are very nice and I learn from them.
Pros
sometimes i didnt get chance to take my break.
Cons
They always brings food for all employ on holyday which was so sweet of them.
Part Time Best Buy
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 January 2017
Dealing with customer inquires about certain products.

Helping customers decide what TV or laptop will work for their need.

Management did a good job keeping the employees focused and pushing the pace to make quality sales.
Fun place to work, great management
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, on16 January 2017
Best Buy provided me work when I was just out of school. I advanced quickly and with a hard work ethic received praise and strong support from management. Happy with my time there.
Pros
Management support
Cons
Short lunches
"OKAY" Job. Poor Management
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE15 January 2017
Work environment wasn't too bad, long shifts of standing & walking. Management was horrible. When i needed appropriate keys to obtain locked up product for customers, all radios were silent for long periods of time, so the customer had to wait for a long time.
Pros
Socializing with customers / Good Pay
Cons
Poor Management
Enjoyable first job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS14 January 2017
During my seasonal position as a cashier at Best Buy I learned many key customer service strategies. It was my first job and I didn't know what was needed to ensure a customer was happy leaving a company or business. Best Buy helped show me ways and techniques to ensure my customer was happy with our services. After my few weeks of training I was able to serve my customer with ease, answer any questions they may have and ensure they left with a positive experience.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Seasonal
Work with great people
Mobile lead (Former Employee) –  Vancouver11 January 2017
Everything is fine and dandy until you make one mistake, then theyll find any excuse to get rid of you.

also if dont keep a smile on every day theyll attack you for being negative
Pros
the people.
Cons
favoritism
good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 January 2017
pretty good job i would love having it back but i was only seasonal so maybe i don't know how it really is worked there for 3 months loved it though..
Group oriented fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK11 January 2017
Each day was fun, filled with energetic happy staff. Sales is a great experience working with your social skills and catering to the needs of each customer.
Harsh, cold and unfair enviroment
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 January 2017
I worked at One touch direct for Best Buy, and after three years of working for them i have found that they are a horrible company that does not care about its employees. They will not help anyone that truly needs it as they simply do not care everyone is just a number that can be replaced.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, no discounts, improper ways to complete tasks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.