Best Buy

Best Buy Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive but Fun
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 5, 2013
Wasn't there for long but co-Workers were great, shared jokes but got the job done efficiently. Great environment and great people overall, depends on location though.
Awesome job
Product Process, Full-time (Former Employee), 987 Langford, Victoria, BCAugust 2, 2013
Pros: great environment to work in
Cons: got laid off.
I loved going to work every day, I loved the people, culture, management, just overall one of the best companies I have worked for.
Company Review
Computer Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 29, 2013
- Flexible hours.
- Good for those who like to socialize with others.
Fun and great environment
HOME THEATRE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 9, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: stale management
Got some great experience working with electronics. Met some wonderful people.

Ongoing training is always accessible.
Great discounts!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 29, 2013
Harsh environment, no commission or bonuses leaves employees feeling unnoticed and unworthy.
Great team to work with
Mobile Manager (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJune 24, 2013
Pros: staff discount
Cons: retail hours
Always lots of fun when you walk through the doors. Its a retail environment and you need to be extremely flexible with your availability. Over the years I've learned that retail is changing and you need to be able to adapt to survive. I have created relationships with fellow associates as well as customers that I will last a lifetime.
Fun, friendly environment to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa ONJune 18, 2013
As a cash supervisor expect to work hard to meet quota deadlines while managing the front department of the store.
A fun and peaceful environment
Cashier - Customer service and cash handling (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJune 16, 2013
Pros: co workers and management were very much like a family.
Cons: management doesn't pay enough attention to employees and their improvements or issues.
Working a Best Buy taught me a lot about problem solving, being patient, and my customer service skills greatly improved. My co-workers were very respectful, happy, hard working, and are always willing to help out with what ever necessary. Working at Best Buy was a great experience.
Great Workplace. Made you feel like part of a family.
Inventory Control Attendant (Former Employee), Windsor, OntarioJune 5, 2013
Everyone who worked there was friendly and did their best to make you feel comfortable and train you. Managers were friendly and every morning before opening they had a meeting to highlight the hardest working employees, set goals for the week/month and to do a team cheer.
Interesting, Good opportunity, Character builder
Cashier (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMay 23, 2013
Pros: good discounts and deals
Cons: standing for long hours.
A typical day includes punching in and getting straight to work. Start with my till of about $150 and get to my station to handle the heavy load of customers during the beginning of the Christmas holiday season. Balancing the cash as well as fulfilling my duties to the operations management was sometimes difficult, especially on boxing day. Management – more... were engaged and helped me to adjust during my time there and the co-workers were friendly but mainly serious. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about the certain intricacies of the business and how certain things work on the inside. I am always up for a life lesson. – less
Have Fun While Being the Best
Operations Representative (Current Employee), Halifax, NSMay 18, 2013
Pros: flexibility in scheduling, open communication among co-workers, chances to raise your pay
A typical day at Best Buy includes interacting one on one with customers and identifing their shopping needs and helping to fulfill them as best as we can.

Very fun enviroment to work in. There is always opportunities to learn.

Overall just a fantastic place to work.
Great place to work. Fun work atmosphere
Product Processor (Current Employee), Kanata ONMay 7, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: not enough shifts or hours during the summer
I work in Product Process, so a typical day would be receiving items, sorting through truck products, pricing movies, down stocking items from the warehouse to the shelves. Some times im also Loss Prevention, where i stand at the front, greet customers, and watch the cameras. The most enjoyable part of the job would be my co-workers, they are all fun – more... to talk to, and work with. Its a great work atmosphere. – less
Good place with plenty of flaws
Vendeur jeux vidéo (Former Employee), Laval, QCMay 2, 2013
Pros: great team, cost price
Cons: not enough hours sometimes, low pay, pressuring managers
I had a good days there but sometimes the managers can be on your case even if you are doing what you have to do. If you did a lot of work they wouldn't leave you alone nor praise your work, you had more things to do but in a discouraging way they even wanted us to do some of their work because you were productive but wasn't worth it with the pay we – more... had.
One of the reasons that kept me motivated was the team.
Without it, the place would fall apart – less
Engaging work environment/ always busy
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 2, 2013
Spent most of my time tracking shoplifters.
Management almost invisible at times, played favorites.
Dealing with management issues/drama.
Making the friends that I did.
its gone down hill
Digital Audio Senior (Former Employee), Kanata, ONApril 30, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: changing schedules, short lunch, bad managment
I started working at Best buy in 2008. For the first year it was a great place to work. However after that things went down hill. The company didn't do a good job at dealing with the changing market. They fire higher payed employees just so they can bring someone in that will work for less. The management as well doesn't seem to want to follow the companies – more... own guidlines on many different issus. As well many managers and the employees they like would get away with murder. If you'd try to bring it up your the bad guy. I found each year less and less good people would work at the store. However if your lazy and want to get payed for doing almost no work its a great place. However if you take pride in working hard and want to work in a place that others do too, don't work for best buy! – less
Productive and Fun place
Head Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONApril 23, 2013
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: low pay
I love working at Best Buy which is why I have been working there since 2006.
Terrible management, rude, uncaring, attitude of children
Home Entertainment Specialist (Former Employee), Halifax, NSApril 22, 2013
Cons: careless management
When i worked at best buy bayres lake, they chased a former employee out of the store screaming calling names at her, she was in tears... because she told them she could not work boxing day becasue it was a day of haunakkah, a part of her religion! They fired her based on that. They have some of the worst sales numbers in canada, Also previous manager – more... was racist, told an employee to turn off that "n word music"... The managment doesnt care about you... i was hired seasonal, and told i'd be trained and if i learned quick enough.. i'd be hired for full or part time employement, i was basically thrown out onto the floor with no experience and expected to sell tv's, sound systems, things i know little about, i basically was instructed to lie to people to sell products. You can ask any employee former or current about how well best buy bayres lake is run, and what the managment is like... you wont hear good things. – less
Productive, serious, professional work environment
Seasonal Computer Salesperson (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 14, 2013
Would respond to tasks given to me by the on duty manager.
Learned extensive knowledge on all electronic technology, new and old as well as gaining skills in patience and time management as well as enhance my communication skills, verbal and written.
Management was very professional and accomodating.
My co-workers took their job very seriously but also – more... knew when they could have fun. It was a great work environment,
Hardest part of the job was the amount of customers coming in and out daily and dealing with several tasks at a time.
Most enjoyable was being able to work with electronics and feeling confident in what I was telling the customers. – less
positive atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 12, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: no commission
i did enjoy this job, however, there was no commission involved in my pay, and i felt like i was working harder than the rest of my teammates, but not seeing any extra benefit. co workers are great people, i just can see myself doing something better for myself than this, i feel i am a hard worker and deserve a lot more.
A good company
Operations/ Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 28, 2013
Pros: good training, good focus on customers
Cons: not the best systems implementation
The company went through a lot of changes and the results wasn't always the best. They lost a lot of upper management people because they couldn't appreciate the.
Electronic business is tuff and the margin of errors is minimal.

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE: BBY) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics in the United States, accounting for 19% of the – Read more