Best Buy Employee Reviews

Nice workplace with great people and decent break room.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 September 2017
I worked from 2pm to usually 11pm monday-friday and it was a decent place to work at. The employees were nice, and my manager was a nice guy. Work was usually just grabbing items and putting it on a pallet, wrapping the pallet and then loading the pallet onto the trucks. A little monotonous but the breaks were nice as it had multiple tv's and a ps3 connected to one for people to relax.
decent part time job
Salesman associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 September 2017
It feels like your regular box store, if you worked retail before this is no different. Meet sales quota but no reward as other companies have. Coworkers are great people though
Best Buy was a good learning place for sales and customer support.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2017
I enjoyed Best Buy and learned a lot about sales and customer support. I enjoyed the opportunity to sell electronics and to learn about many products. Unfortunately they closed the store in Victoria soon after i started there.
Good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC14 September 2017
Consisted of talking to customers on the floor trying to help them fond the right product, and occasionally cleaning when there is no one. If you have closing hours you clean the aisles. Overall great job to get.
Pros
Pretty laid back, friendly, choose your schedule
Cons
Gets boring when there is no customers
It be the best buy
Retail Salesman (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON14 September 2017
Loved the place until customers ruined it for me. Other than that, work environment is great depending on who you work with. Day to day work can get tedious.
fun place with fun people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2017
Best Buy is the place to be. You learn so many things and interact and meet some amazing people along the way. They help you grow as an employee and person.
Pros
discounts, staff events, management
Cons
holidays, long hours, customers
fast paced and gets work done
Microsoft Surface Expert (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 September 2017
A great place to work. The people are friendly, it is a retail job with customer service. The hours are both nights week ends and days. the staff is friendly and hard working.
Pros
Fast paced atmosphere
Fun place to be
Mobile Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 September 2017
Although best but unlike futureshop did not have commissions. We were under no pressure to real sales quotas . But we had constant sales meetings and did push service plans. It was fun in college part time but advancement was nearly impossible so I left
A great place to work.
Mobile Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 September 2017
Great place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canada10 September 2017
This was one of my first jobs and the management really made me love sales through their interactive training and application. I made lots of great friends while working there and we became like a family very quickly.
Amazing Job
Customer Service Representative (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 September 2017
I love my job. I kid you not, I do. I love it! The work environment is incredible, the employee benefits are crazy amazing, and the wages are so competitive! It's such a fun place to work!
A great place to learn the basics of being a salesman
Vendeur (Former Employee) –  Saint-Jérôme, QC8 September 2017
This job was one of the most fulfilling I have ever had because of a lot of things. First of all, the environment was incredible, the conditions that I worked in were also great and the methods that I learned from my coworkers brought me to obtain tons of knowledge about being a salesman. It's a great working place for students to grow or even for anyone who wants to build a career.
Pros
Very comprehensive bosses
Cons
Not a full time job.
boring
Mobile Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 September 2017
Great time
very hard
pay was low
manager is friendly
good triaining
good benifits
great team members i worked with
positive culture
i learned how to deal with people
stressful at times, but good work environment
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON7 September 2017
I worked as a seasonal cashier, which meant it was very busy and could be stressful. However, the work family was very supportive, and made for a positive environment.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
difficult customers sometimes
I didn't appreciate the demeaning attitude directed by management.
Connected Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 September 2017
I didn't appreciate the demeaning attitude directed by management. Salary was unfair as it wasn't based on effort applied. I disagree with their employee recognition model as well.
Productive and growth chances
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 September 2017
Great people at all levels of the company - everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together in accomplishing the mission.
The Management team are highly Motivated which brings much positive energy in the whole team. This is the definition of what a team should be.
Working in Tech
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 September 2017
Educating customers in tech. Presenting them with different options to fill their needs and wants. Then aiding them into which is the best option to fill their needs and wants.
Advancement nonexistent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB1 September 2017
Benefits almost balance out the below average wages for similar work(and lack of commission) but that many people spend six or seven years in an entry level position is offset painfully by the tendency to try and get rid of people who can be easily replaced by cheaper New hires in their same role
Not a good company to work for
Merchandising/Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC31 August 2017
I worked with this company for 6 years, and should've quit earlier, because they are terrible to work for. They do not care about their employees at all, and prefer sucking up to management, over hard work. They do not reward hard work, but instead will reward you if you pretend that you love the place and it is like your family, regardless if you are even good at your job. There is so much favoritism there and the pay is horrible. I will say that the benefits are good though. That is one main reason I stayed there as long as I did.
Fun work
Sales Senior (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2017
Good training and coaching techniques. Opportunities to grow Great for a summer job If you make good relationship with management, your life can be easy. Highly focused on sales and targets. High quality merchandising needs and very customer focused business

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.