Best Buy Employee Reviews

Easy and relatively lax work experience
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 February 2017
Not too challenging or stimulating, good for experience. Not too sales oriented, just have to be there and talk to customers.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Boring
Being Amazing while having fun at work
Counter Intelligence Agent - 3 (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 February 2017
Great place to work if you are interested in Retail industry. Great people works here and make this place an amazing experience for shopping almost everything in the store and online.
Geek Sqaud technicians are the best as they help like a True Friend and not just an employee
Pros
Good Pay, Growth opportunities for those who wish to excel
Cons
Have to deal with unnecessary arguments about the Protections Plans
good place with great team
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Lasalle, QC15 February 2017
Good place to work, fun people to work with and the benefits are great (part-time and full time benefits). You get to really learn how to work as a team in both sales and non sales environments.
Good workplace
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 February 2017
Good environment with good people. Clean warehouse and good break timings.My supervisor is a very respectful person and supervisor.
Pros
Clean area and good people
Cons
nothing
Nice co-workers, fun environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2017
This was a fun job, it was challenging because it was right around
Christmas so I was most of the time rushed to find, and help a new customer. The fact that I was rushed most of the time helped me learn how to deal with stressful situations with a bit more enthusiasm, and confidence.
Fine as a first experience job
Sales Department - Mobile sales representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 February 2017
Prepare yourself to learn alone, not much time is given to understand the task to do correctly. The responsables aren't very professional and they seem not to care.
Chill but pressuring environment
Technology Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 February 2017
I like the people and the values of the company. However they focus way too much on selling services to help meet budget and i feel that since we don't work on commission they shouldn't be forcing us to work more harder to fulfill our tasks
Fun and Healthy Work Enviroment
Product Process/Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON12 February 2017
This was my first real job and it was perfect. They taught me the fundamentals to being a good hardworking employee. Hours were very flexible and reasonable and my fellow employees were a joy to work with.
Amazing environment, great culture with lots of opportunities to grow
Distribution Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 February 2017
Amazing environment, great culture with lots of opportunities to grow personally and professionally. Leadership is open and engaged to make organization and team succeed
Pros
Fun Environment, challenging
Cons
weekend schedule
Was a decent job, was there seasonal
Connected Solutions Specialist (PT/ Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Downsview, ON9 February 2017
Overall the work environment was great, the team was always helpful. The hourly wage was decent, however they do not Incorporate your school with work.
fun place to work
Connected Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL8 February 2017
Good place to work at. Management is really good and helpful. Interview process was a bit lengthy but overall quality place to work at.
Pros
easy work, sales floor is fun to work at, quality benefits
Cons
pay could be better
A good learning environment
Connected Solutions Senior (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 February 2017
I started my career as a seasonal part-timer for the connected solutions department and slowly worked my way into a full time position which eventually helped me advance into a leadership position as a connected solutions senior. This company gave me a lot to learn and was my greatest hurdle as well, during my time with this company I had to fight a lot of get where I was I achieved awards, build excellent relationships with not only the management that I was working with but also the district team and the territory manager as well. I learned how to go past my comfort zone with the help of one of my supervisors and work my way into gaining the respect of my team to be able to lead them as an example. Furthermore, I learned the importance of multi-tasking, efficiency, being a good listener and being able to take what I heard to help the customer in front of me to walk out with something that will fit their life style appropriately whether that involved up selling and in some situations down selling and adding attachments. I learned to show value of the culture of best buy that would make the customer want to return again. I learned how to change prices, merchandize, constantly learn and even as a senior to continue to do things that I would do as a full timer to set an example that no task is to little or big. I learned to do be support for my staff and be there when they needed help with sales, returns or other tasks. I worked by giving positive reinforcement and consistent motivation to provide a positive environment to work in. The hardest part of my job was adapting into  more... my new roles and gaining the respect of my team to show them that I was deserving for the roles I had achieved. The most enjoyable part was the fantastic team I worked with that made every opening or closing shift memorable.  less
Pros
team, work hours, flexibility
Cons
stability
discounted
Geek Squat (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 February 2017
Was great working at Geek Squad.
Friendly managers and co-workers.
Very helpful co-workers
you get amazing discounted as an employee, best part of working at Best-buy
Pros
free lunches
Cons
n/a
productive and fun work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 February 2017
I liked it at best buy distribution center. I had the chance to meet alot of new and cool people and people that i can honestly call my friend even for the short amount of time that i worked there.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 February 2017
Management was great at coaching people with bad sales, and if you could not improve they would move you instead of firing you.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Sales criteria
fun work place
Customer service in the tech department (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON2 February 2017
I had fun at best buy loved talking to customers but the management would never work whit the associate when it came to my hours
Fun environment, Nice management
Counter Intelligence Agent (GeekSquad) (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON1 February 2017
I only worked here for around 3 months in the Geek Squad department but in my time there I learned a lot. Not only did I further my knowledge into building, troubleshooting and repairing computers but I learned how to work at a quick pace while having fun.
great
Sales associate(CS/HS) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2017
Fantastic workplace, great management, fun workplace. good hours, lots of fun co workers, great customers, and a good place for learning and gaining experience.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
N/A
Fun and friendly work environment
Mobile Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON30 January 2017
Working at Best Buy has helped me gain sale experience, Managers provided us with proper training in order to enhance job performance.
At Best Buy we had this small group called evoice, where a small group of the workers would plan work events to bring all the staff closer.
Pros
Good learning opportunities, great leadership and work events
Cons
Not enough hours
Best Buy
Best Buy auditor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 January 2017
Best Buy is one of Canada’s largest and most successful retailers, operating the Best Buy (www.bestbuy.ca), Best Buy Mobile, and Geek Squad (www.geeksquad.ca) brands. The Company offers consumers a unique shopping experience with the latest technology and entertainment products, plus an expanded assortment of lifestyle products offered through www.bestbuy.ca, at the right price, with a no-pressure (non-commissioned) sales environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval