Best Buy Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun place to work!
Part-time position as a home-theatre salesperson (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 24, 2016
Great vibe, respectful managers.
Geek squad protection (GSP) is forced too much over just being a great salesperson. Sometimes it seems like tht is all that matters.
Boring
Seasonal Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCAugust 15, 2016
There are better places to work at, if you don't want to sign a contract each year. The environment is boring and monotonous. However, it is well organized.
Ok most of the time
Lachenaie Technicien (Current Employee) –  Lachenaie, QCJune 18, 2016
Most of the time , the work is fun and the people you work with are nice but the management team can't do most of their job properly and there's place to injustice
friendly and comfortable job environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 27, 2016
I am new to Canada and my friend job in Canada is Customer Service Representative in Best Buy .

This job saw to deal with the customers and to handle their problem with the products or questions regarding our Services.This job gave me experience dealing with different customers.

I enjoyed working in situations which are with different customers and with helping co-workers and understandable seniors and managers.
Pros
free lunch
Fun work enviroment
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 20, 2016
Fun place to work. Great place to learn workplace skills and someone starting out in the work force. Teaches you lots of skills that you need in life and need in the workforce.
future shop
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 19, 2016
I worked at the northside future shop and everybody there was related and/or friends. That the management picked favorites and made the rest of the employees feel uncomfortable and made the rest of the work space stressful
Working at Best Buy
Best Buy Mobile Lead (Former Employee) –  Weston and Highway 7October 19, 2015
Could be very demanding at times depending where we stood on the National Score Card. Learn about a lot of new tech coming to stores and also how to deal with customer issues and making sure they are taken care of. Management was fair and expected you to come to them with any concerns or ideas of improvement yo felt was needed. Co-workers were all easy going and fun to work with and made the job the most enjoyable. Hardest part of the job was trying to tackle a customer issue that wasn't going in the path you intended and when that happens I would team up with management to get a resolve.
Pros
Best Buy employee purchases on items and events
Cons
sometime longer than expected hours and unattainable goal expectations
Best Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 27, 2016
loved working there and coworkers always stood up for you when customers got to much out of hand. always had fun on the job and team meetings were always things i looked forward too
great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 27, 2016
It was a great experience and opportunity to work at Best Buy. The staff was great, I would definitely work there again if given the opportunity.
Na
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJune 23, 2016
Job - I like

I learned lot of technical and management skill

My co- workers are really helping

No Hard part, looking for new challenges
Fun work Enviorment
Connected Solution Specialist (Co-op) (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABApril 21, 2016
co-workers are so friendly and helpful . love to work in such kind of enviorment. Pay rate is not upto mark. i have learned a lot about existing and new electronics technologies coming out in market.
Such a great place to work with such a fun environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 15, 2014
Best Buy is a great place to work. A typical day for me would be to help as many customers as can and ensure that they leave with a good experience. I joke around with both the customers as well as the staff which make it any shift go by very quickly. The management is very good and is away willing to give you any help you may need and are very flexible when it comes to any sickness or injury. I have learned so much working there, not only about the products I sold but I learned better ways to interact with the customers and mae sure I was recommending the right products. There are so many benefits and discounts that make this place one of my favourites to work at but it sometimes can be very difficult helping customers understand why a certain service could really benefit them.
Pros
50% off my phone bill
Cons
not enough hours
Fun Place and Great to Learn and Grow At
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 14, 2016
A great place to work with new challenges every day. The people are great and we build a strong family and team culture. Tremendous opportunities to build from, and great coaching and feedback from all levels.
Co-workers make work fun, management does not.
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 7, 2016
Typical day at work is arrive; receive shipments, send out product with Canada Post, and do LP (stands for loss prevention but that title is basically greeter bc we're not allowed to look at the camera's anymore, which doesn't actually stop most of us from looking) for anywhere between 45mins-5hours (of grueling back pain if you have no one to switch off with regularly). Also responsible to either open or close the store. Part Timers are not guaranteed hours especially if you are not a manager or supervisors favourite. Co-workers are usually quite knowledgeable in their area after a few months of working and you can rely on them to help you unless is busy like christmas time.

Christmas time is a good time to gain hours with night shifts and early morning shifts (5 am for the month of december) and boxing day if you work in PPS can start at 12am, 2am and 4am for morning shifts which can put a damper on your festivities if you celebrate christmas.

Says they're not on commission but we are pushed to sell services and this is tracked daily company wide. Not much training is provided for product knowledge other than what you do in your free time and the lackluster e-learnings they make you do. Much easier to learn by asking for help from your co-workers.

However Part-timers are offered health/dental and life insurance as well as a pension plan.
Pros
Most Co-workers are more than competent at their jobs
Cons
Management has a problem with favouritism, even if you don't see it right away.
q
Store Floor/Gaming (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 9, 2016
the cat jumped over the building and turned into a kite, it was cool to watch it all happen, then I got me some ice cream for my cat, which is also my cat
Pros
a
Cons
a
About what you'd expect
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCJune 11, 2015
Decent wages and benefits. Nice co workers although management can be difficult to get a hold of sometimes. Also not very good training available.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Not enough training
Experience
Spécialiste du service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QCMarch 28, 2016
My work experience in Canada has been rewarding because I learned different techniques servcio customers has helped me improve my service every day

It is a good company to work.
Pros
nana
weekly lunch, weekly games
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scott Road,BCMay 7, 2016
i like working in the friendly environment company like best buy. My seniors care about me and help me in building up my career.
Excellent
TIBCO Developer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJanuary 12, 2015
Great benefits, hands on training, very competitive pay rates and the people are just great! The corporate culture is relaxed while there is a major feeling of being a part of a team. The company mission statement is clear and it seems that all employees really are there to help people find jobs in their own way. Expectations and goals are high but the support is present to help all employees achieve set goals. Management wants to help their teams succeed
Fun to work at
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONMay 12, 2016
Aot to do in a shift cool technology Great staff and a great company! Sad to have only been contracted Seasonal and hope to work with them again!