Best Buy Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Whitby, ONApril 6, 2016
Pros: lots of free incentives.. free food/lunches/huge product discounts
you get to use your phone while you work & the managers are chill with talking when there are no customers, as long as the store and sections are tidy
An Overall Great Experience
Warehouseman (Former Employee), Langley, BCSeptember 28, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Best-Buy - Very worker friendly company . I did many tasks -picking orders , replenishment loading trailers , cleanliness and training new associates, Great people and management
Fun Place and Great to Learn and Grow At
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 14, 2016
A great place to work with new challenges every day. The people are great and we build a strong family and team culture. Tremendous opportunities to build from, and great coaching and feedback from all levels.
Excellent
TIBCO Developer (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 12, 2015
Great benefits, hands on training, very competitive pay rates and the people are just great! The corporate culture is relaxed while there is a major feeling of being a part of a team. The company mission statement is clear and it seems that all employees really are there to help people find jobs in their own way. Expectations and goals are high but the support is present to help all employees achieve set goals. Management wants to help their teams succeed
Fun work Enviorment
Connected Solution Specialist (Co-op) (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABApril 21, 2016
co-workers are so friendly and helpful . love to work in such kind of enviorment. Pay rate is not upto mark. i have learned a lot about existing and new electronics technologies coming out in market.
Really Fun work environment
Ex Sell Merketing (Current Employee), Surrey, BCFebruary 7, 2016
they are Very nice and coopoerative and understanding with great pay and awesome work team meet new people by traveling around
productive n fun place
Product Specialist (Former Employee), BramptonSeptember 30, 2015
There was a lot of variety in days work. A lot of politics.Co- workers were helpful. Best part was to deal with different types/ cultures of customers coming in the store.
About what you'd expect
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Langley, BCJune 11, 2015
Pros: Good environment
Cons: Not enough training
Decent wages and benefits. Nice co workers although management can be difficult to get a hold of sometimes. Also not very good training available.
Good
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCSeptember 21, 2015
Best Buy was a great experience. It was clean friendly and everyone worked hard together to get to the days goal. felt like family in a sense management was good.
Customer Service Specialist
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Charlottetown, PEMarch 14, 2016
They were always good to work around school. They treated me well and I really enjoy working with them, however, I'd like to spread my wings and take on a new adventure.
Good culture and entertaining
Sales - Computer Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Appreciation on good job
Cons: Less pay
work with fun and great opportunity to develop relationship with customers. Good incentives and motivation.
Sometimes, mostly week ends are very busy.
I enjoyed taking challenge of the sales target and achieved it fast with appreciation of the management.
Okay place to work, too bad the managent department lacked alot of things
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: Favouritism, No Union, Unorganized, Cut-back hours for part-time staff without notice, they don't care about their employees life unless you sell something.
Was not managed well at all, the co-workers made it enjoyable, but too bad their was alot of favouritism and favouring the same employees over and over again, and if you don't play hockey, don't expect to get full-time at this Best Buy, they only want their hockey friends working here.. Put a bad taste in my mouth about Best Buy forsure..
Waste of a job low pay
Computer Specialist (Former Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 28, 2016
Pros: Discounts on prodcuts
Cons: everything
They want us to work 40 hours during December but, rest of the year you will get 12 hours per week. They push you to sell so much while making $11/h
Good Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Laval, QCJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Good work environment
Cons: Long Hours
Overall working at best buy gave me some good experience with customers which helped me get some experience. I learned how to handle the cash and help customers. My co-workers were nice and helped me out when i needed help. There was nothing extremely difficult about working at Best Buy, but the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in a team environment.
Excellent environment, friendly staff, decent wages
Home Theater Specialist (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere, excellent staff, fun environment
Cons: poor scheduling that ultimately lead to my having to find other employment
I loved my time at Best Buy. The staff was excellent and there was always room for advancement and regular salary increases based on performance. I gained a lot of knowledge of the field that I was in when I worked there and I met a lot of great people. The biggest downside was when I had an illness in the family and specifically requested certain hours off to help take care of my family member and they acquiesced but did not follow through. It was as if they hadn't marked anything down and it got to a point where I was getting 25-30 hours per week but could only work a single 5-7 hour shift out of those hours. I would be scheduled during times I had requested off and when I'd say I could come in at 1pm for example instead of 10am, they would just say that it was okay and they didn't need me to come in that day, so I'd lose a lot of shifts.
stressful
part-time Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 9, 2016
never apply there. your efforts are not respected. you are just another tool that the company uses for business and nothing more than that.
Best buy
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orleans, ONJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Good Environment
Cons: Not enough hours
Working at Best Buy is a great way to develop and hone your sales associate skills. Due to the fact you need to ask opened ended questions and produce a solution that works best for you customer. Some days are busy, some completely boring. Management is awesome and helpful. Careful, when your store doesn't meet budget, your hours get cut too.
Production and Fun Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2016
A typical day of work was customer interaction, making sales. Coworkers were amazing. Most enjoyable part was meeting new people and helping them out
Great Learning Experience
Home Theatre Sales specialist (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Fun place to work, Good experience
Cons: Pay isn't the greatest
Learned how to talk to customers. Learned how not to be shy and close a sale. Communication skills grown tremendously with this job. Fun place to work as a student.
loved the people
sales (Former Employee), Vaudreuil-Dorion, QCApril 16, 2016
its a great learning experience. the staff are always willing to help you learn and it a great environment. you learn about all of the products and how to sell them.
Links