Best Buy Employee Reviews

na
Sales Manager / Level 2 Installer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 January 2017
great place to work everyday learned lots every day l went to work great part of the day was meeting new people overall fun place to work
Pros
na
Cons
na
Great experience working for Best Buy!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 January 2017
Great place to work retail. Great environment and the management was fair and honest. Enjoyed going to work each day as it was always a pleasant shift.
Great Environment and Culture
Geek Squad Agent (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 January 2017
A good company that takes the effort in training their employees to ensure their customers get the best experience possible.

As an employee, you learn to become self-sufficient and take responsibility for your work. If you are looking to turn this into a career, then the store management do take the time to help you climb the corporate ladder.

Store meetings are a great resource and keep everyone in touch with how the company is doing even making seasonal and part time hires feel welcome.
Productive fast paced workplace.
GSC Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 January 2017
a typical day at work would require fast paced work ethic to be able to meet orders on time and load trucks full of skids for outgoing products.
it was fun at Best Buy
Salesperson/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2017
I had so much fun with all of the Best Buy employ and the management of the Best Buy is really good and all of the manger are very nice and I learn from them.
Pros
sometimes i didnt get chance to take my break.
Cons
They always brings food for all employ on holyday which was so sweet of them.
Part Time Best Buy
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 January 2017
Dealing with customer inquires about certain products.

Helping customers decide what TV or laptop will work for their need.

Management did a good job keeping the employees focused and pushing the pace to make quality sales.
Fun place to work, great management
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, on16 January 2017
Best Buy provided me work when I was just out of school. I advanced quickly and with a hard work ethic received praise and strong support from management. Happy with my time there.
Pros
Management support
Cons
Short lunches
"OKAY" Job. Poor Management
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE15 January 2017
Work environment wasn't too bad, long shifts of standing & walking. Management was horrible. When i needed appropriate keys to obtain locked up product for customers, all radios were silent for long periods of time, so the customer had to wait for a long time.
Pros
Socializing with customers / Good Pay
Cons
Poor Management
Enjoyable first job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS14 January 2017
During my seasonal position as a cashier at Best Buy I learned many key customer service strategies. It was my first job and I didn't know what was needed to ensure a customer was happy leaving a company or business. Best Buy helped show me ways and techniques to ensure my customer was happy with our services. After my few weeks of training I was able to serve my customer with ease, answer any questions they may have and ensure they left with a positive experience.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Seasonal
Work with great people
Mobile lead (Former Employee) –  Vancouver11 January 2017
Everything is fine and dandy until you make one mistake, then theyll find any excuse to get rid of you.

also if dont keep a smile on every day theyll attack you for being negative
Pros
the people.
Cons
favoritism
good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 January 2017
pretty good job i would love having it back but i was only seasonal so maybe i don't know how it really is worked there for 3 months loved it though..
Group oriented fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK11 January 2017
Each day was fun, filled with energetic happy staff. Sales is a great experience working with your social skills and catering to the needs of each customer.
Harsh, cold and unfair enviroment
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 January 2017
I worked at One touch direct for Best Buy, and after three years of working for them i have found that they are a horrible company that does not care about its employees. They will not help anyone that truly needs it as they simply do not care everyone is just a number that can be replaced.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, no discounts, improper ways to complete tasks
Sales driven environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON9 January 2017
- Meet different types of people,
- helps with communication and sales skills
- Very team based job
- very busy traffic during the holiday season
- Would recommend
Fun and fast paced environment
Multi-Channel Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 January 2017
Best Buy is an excellent company to work for. You get to experience all aspects of jobs, customer service, sales, multi channel, logistics and more. Very fair when it comes to employees and their availability when it comes to school and other priorities.
Best Buy Canada warehouse.
reach truck and MHE operator clamps , forks (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 January 2017
Love working at Bestbuy , been there as a permanent part-time associate since 2008 . no issues at all. I have recommended many others to work for best buy as well and they love it too. they give complimentary lunches and the places is clean and vary muti cultural. and the training of equipment and other departments is open to anyone willing to learn . Fantastic company . the pay is Amazing .
Very productive workplace and you learn something new everyday.
Connected Solutions Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON8 January 2017
The most enjoyable part of the work is that hitting the target and talking to customers about products. You will not ever find this type of co-workers in any other retail workplace, they're like a family at work.
Pros
Free lunches on busy days
Cons
Long hours if you're willing to stay
productiveve place
Computer Technician (geek squad agent) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 January 2017
Amazing place to work and have fun at the same time with committed work culture, a relaxed atmosphere. provide a good sense of security,training and a mix of culture and diversity. ability to thrive and learn capable skills also the flexibility of working in any department you qualified for,
Pros
relaxed working enviroment
Cons
not a very diplomatic management team
Product Process = 4 hours per week
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 January 2017
I love the people at Best Buy, but for whatever reason, from Christmas 2016 on, the part-timers in Product Process only get 4 hours per week. 8 hours if you are lucky. Best Buy, how the heck am I supposed to pay my mortgage on that ??? I didn't even get any hours on Boxing Day !! How mind-boggling is that ??? On Boxing Day it's supposed to be "all hands on deck" with people working up to 12 hours if they want it. But I never got the chance to even participate ! If you want to work at Best Buy, work as a Cashier or at Ops, they're the ones who get the hours. Stay away from Product Process! In 2015 I was able to work 30 hours per week which kept me up to date on my mortgage, but not anymore! Forget you Best Buy Canada, I am gone and I am never going back !!!
Pros
Nice co-workers, getting good discounts on cables and batteries
Cons
4 hours per week.
Great place to work!
Connected Solutions Associate (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON6 January 2017
I worked for best buy for a little over a year. The staff was friendly and my managers were great! Hours are great and flexible and they give you a lot of opportunities to advance your knowledge in your given department with quick and easy quizzes.
Pros
Great staff, Flexible hours
Cons
Boxing day/Black Friday can be stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.