Best Buy Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun Team
Sales/Receiving/Shipping associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 19, 2015
Some days are busy others are slow.Learn to operate a variety of machines and training is provided by the company.Mostly all the Managers are great,helpful and supportive.The co-workers are great people.
Good store to learn and grow in the computer knowledge
business manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington,OnDecember 11, 2015
A store with a lot of knowledgeable staff. Great training with both in store and out of store. Helpful staff. I learned some very good management training program which helped me in the Best buy store.
Pros
discount for employees
Cons
Store slow down time
Not challenging
Product Tester (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 9, 2015
Don't feel that I have grown or used my potential to further myself or improve with other products and electronics. Always kept in one section -- cellular phones. They expect you to succeed or exceed your productivity, yet almost struggling when they give you other tasks which requires of more importance. The best part of working there is with the team and co workers
Pros
teamwork is great, we all help each other when we can
Cons
no growth or feel lack of acknowledgement
A good company to start your career with.
Product Process Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 6, 2015
Best Buy is a really good company for anyone interested in working for retail and various aspects of the retail industry. once you are thorough with it just take the next step by moving on to different organizations. You never know when there is going to be a restructuring and closing of business.
Pros
Good place to learn all the different aspects of retail.
Cons
Expect the unexpected, its like the "sword of damocles" you won't be able to predict anything until it happens.
Great Sales Experience
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONDecember 3, 2015
The job was fun for employees. But you could also see the structural problems of management and the way the company operated from the ground floor employee level. From the sales floor, you could see redundancies and customer behaviour that made you question how the company was making money sometimes. And this eventually led to the falling of Future Shop (similar model).
Fun and engaging with current technologies
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLNovember 24, 2015
Typical day at work is talking to customers and narrow down the solution that best fits their lifestyle.

Learned how to demonstrate features of products, listen to a customer's needs and recomment the best solution for the customer.

Management is very helpful in teaching staff communication skills and tools required to deliver the best customer service.

The hardest part of the job is working around during the christmas season since the traffic flow is much higher.

The enjoyable part is when it's a fast paced environment, it pushes you to apply everything you learned to be able to help as many customers with top notch service
Pros
Keeping up with current technologies
Cons
Sporadic hours
Very energetic and fun
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCNovember 11, 2015
I had a great time there, unfortunately I was hired knowing I was working a seasonal position. I enjoyed the customers because they were very knowledgable in electronics which I relate to. I would love to work there again!
Pros
Very high energy
Cons
Seasonal positon
Fun and fast paced
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 9, 2015
I am currently at Best Buy, and it is a fun job, but the hours a bad and not many shifts. Its very fun but seems one sided. Learned more about inventory management and communication between co workers.
Pros
fun
Cons
minimal hours
Learning curve
Merchandising Senior (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ONNovember 9, 2015
I was thrown into this position and did not get much training until after 3months of being there. Once training started it was a lot to learn in such a short time. I took notes and reference online training courses. I was in charge of an all male staff, which at first was daunting as I was criticized for my physical strength. Once the boys saw that i could lift anything they could all was well!
Pros
free treats in the lunch room every other week
Cons
not enough room for internal growth
Best buy review
Sales (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABNovember 4, 2015
The people were nice and the company was well structure but i applied because it wasn't commission so i wasn't pressured to sell things to people who didn't need them. Then the management began to apply pressure that i didn't believe in.
Best Buy Mobile was great for a time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCNovember 3, 2015
At Best Buy Mobile the job was really great for the first couple years. The higher that you progress the more sales oriented your job becomes despite being "non-commission". Not a lot of room for growth.
fun workplace
MULTIMEDIA SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCNovember 3, 2015
if a person likes electronics and wants to work in retail then this is a perfect place for him. Good and easy going management, friendly co-workers.
a fun fast paced work life experience
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 20, 2015
Responsible of insuring our daily, monthly and yearly sales quotas are met or exceeded. Working with individuals and mentoring them on bettering their sales skills to help achieve the overall numbers while providing excellent customer services to our customers.
Pros
working with all departments
Cons
the hours - retail has evening positions
Working at Best Buy
Best Buy Mobile Lead (Former Employee) –  Weston and Highway 7October 19, 2015
Could be very demanding at times depending where we stood on the National Score Card. Learn about a lot of new tech coming to stores and also how to deal with customer issues and making sure they are taken care of. Management was fair and expected you to come to them with any concerns or ideas of improvement yo felt was needed. Co-workers were all easy going and fun to work with and made the job the most enjoyable. Hardest part of the job was trying to tackle a customer issue that wasn't going in the path you intended and when that happens I would team up with management to get a resolve.
Pros
Best Buy employee purchases on items and events
Cons
sometime longer than expected hours and unattainable goal expectations
Productive learning experience
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONOctober 19, 2015
Taught me lessons in merchandising, inventory management and also customer service. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and managers and working towards the satisfaction of customers.
Pros
Free lunches every staff meeting
Cons
long hours during the holidays
decent workplace with low job security
Supervisor at Best buy Canada (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 14, 2015
It is a good company, especially if you are in school and are looking for a part time job. the management is decent and it is easy to move up in the company because they are always looking for people
Pros
easy promotion
Cons
bad job security
productive n fun place
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  BramptonSeptember 30, 2015
There was a lot of variety in days work. A lot of politics.Co- workers were helpful. Best part was to deal with different types/ cultures of customers coming in the store.
Best Buy is an amazing place to work at because of the amazing and enthusiastic environment.
sales associate (Current Employee) –  south edmonton commonSeptember 28, 2015
Every time I go there i get instructions on what to do and how to do it. We get to pick what we want to do and how we want to do it. My co-workers are amazing and so helpful to each other. The best part of my job is i get to assist different kind of customers everyday and make sure they got exactly what they need.
Pros
good hours
Cons
N/A
An Overall Great Experience
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCSeptember 28, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Best-Buy - Very worker friendly company . I did many tasks -picking orders , replenishment loading trailers , cleanliness and training new associates, Great people and management
Fun atmosphere, eccentric environment
Representative/Samsung Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, OnSeptember 25, 2015
Typical day at work can be either balanced between busy and very busy you are always on your feet and ready at all times for oncoming situations.

Being at best buy has not only taught me to be organized, independent and a team player, it is strongly revolved around clientele support and satisfaction. working in this environment has made me strongly capable of dealing with others problems and simultaneously managing mine to accommodate for others needs. Being a leader and giving constructive criticism to help improve myself and peers has given great results in the field as being apart of the best buy corporation.

Management is always there if there is issues and concerns. asking questions and opportunities has always been open for qualifications.
scheduling can be tedious at times although there is always ways to comprehend the dilemma.

Peers and coworkers are always active and engaged in being positive towards each other wether the altercation. "Do not let differences come between the professional work space". I choose to deal with those situation either one on one or with a higher position amidst.

The most difficult part of the job can be to stay within a good element at all times despite the fact of busy traffic, angry clients or frustration outside of work, although based off what i have learned it hasn't been a problem for me as an individual to formulate techniques around those obstacles.

Work can always be fun depending on what you make of the situation
to sum up what i enjoy about my job is to build rapport and seeing a smile on someones face knowing
  more... they will remember me as individual who laid a positive track on their journey through life, that to me is satisfactory at its finest.  less
Pros
Credibility for hard work
Cons
Scheduling