Best Buy Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON7 June 2016
The job is a really good place especially the management, however I have been trying to move to the sales floor for about a month now. I'm not planning on staying much longer as I want to move up and find a better job in my career field.
Pros
Co-workers make work fun, management does not.
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2016
Typical day at work is arrive; receive shipments, send out product with Canada Post, and do LP (stands for loss prevention but that title is basically greeter bc we're not allowed to look at the camera's anymore, which doesn't actually stop most of us from looking) for anywhere between 45mins-5hours (of grueling back pain if you have no one to switch off with regularly). Also responsible to either open or close the store. Part Timers are not guaranteed hours especially if you are not a manager or supervisors favourite. Co-workers are usually quite knowledgeable in their area after a few months of working and you can rely on them to help you unless is busy like christmas time.

Christmas time is a good time to gain hours with night shifts and early morning shifts (5 am for the month of december) and boxing day if you work in PPS can start at 12am, 2am and 4am for morning shifts which can put a damper on your festivities if you celebrate christmas.

Says they're not on commission but we are pushed to sell services and this is tracked daily company wide. Not much training is provided for product knowledge other than what you do in your free time and the lackluster e-learnings they make you do. Much easier to learn by asking for help from your co-workers.

However Part-timers are offered health/dental and life insurance as well as a pension plan.
Pros
Most Co-workers are more than competent at their jobs
Cons
Management has a problem with favouritism, even if you don't see it right away.
great fun place to be
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2016
This was the introduction to Best Buy Canada. So the expectations were very high and the promotion helped launched BB into the national Canadian market.
Pros
lots of fun at all times
Cons
Very high turnover
Not a bad place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK31 May 2016
Duties to follow
Learned about people, communicating, different products
Management is very helpful
co-workers are very informative
The hardest part is moving products from warehouse
The most enjoyable part is selling ofcourse
Fun Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 May 2016
Fun Work Environment, Nice Staff, good discounts, always learning, good resources, and great atmosphere. I've learned a lot about sales and products. The hardest part of the job is just learning, learning, learning.
Best Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON27 May 2016
loved working there and coworkers always stood up for you when customers got to much out of hand. always had fun on the job and team meetings were always things i looked forward too
Exciting work environment
Specialist in smart phones and carrier plans (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 May 2016
Talk to various potential customers on a daily basis. Interacting with team members to maximize productivity. Also regular training exercises to enhance performance.
Fun place to work!
Part-time position as a home-theatre salesperson (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 May 2016
Great vibe, respectful managers.
Geek squad protection (GSP) is forced too much over just being a great salesperson. Sometimes it seems like tht is all that matters.
amazing workplace with options to take additional breaks if employee feels nessary
Sales Representative (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  North York, ON22 May 2016
its an amazing job for experience. they take very good care of you. everyone loves to help each other out. this company also gives you alot of options to climb up the ladder
Fun work enviroment
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 May 2016
Fun place to work. Great place to learn workplace skills and someone starting out in the work force. Teaches you lots of skills that you need in life and need in the workforce.
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 May 2016
Best Buy was a good company to work for, however had a dramatic environment. The management was great at encouragement and I loved my job, however I had a very hard commute there causing me to end my time.
Pros
Good Management and Discount
Fun Workplace
Recruiter/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON17 May 2016
This was my first retail experience as i was in school and it was great to be a part of this company. The management was great and always eager to help the employees reach their goals.
Fun to work at
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 May 2016
Aot to do in a shift cool technology Great staff and a great company! Sad to have only been contracted Seasonal and hope to work with them again!
Supportive and effective team of workers. Try not to spend too much money in the food court.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON9 May 2016
I find it very weird to come into a place and rate my success there off of how much other people want to spend their money. I will likely not have a future in sales. That being said, you are not on commission here so there is a lot less pressure to sell which is nice.
Pros
Good team communication
weekly lunch, weekly games
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scott Road,BC7 May 2016
i like working in the friendly environment company like best buy. My seniors care about me and help me in building up my career.
A very playful and helping environment
Cashier in Operations (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 May 2016
A typical day at worked involved attending to customers at the cash, showing customers that you are available, cleaning the workspace, and organizing cases by putting them in corresponding bins or putting empty ones in the back storage room. By doing this I learned a lot about technology and how to socialize with others. The management was very nice and playful, they would answer any questions and joked around light-heatedly. Co-workers are also very playful and are always there to give a helping hand.
The hardest part of the job is if you do not know much about the products, it can be difficult to answer a customer's question. Most enjoyable is being able to work in such a great environment and being able to meet so many new people.
Fun workplace to be.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON26 April 2016
This place is one of the only second homes I got and I really enjoyed it. I honestly loved working for them and I would have never asked for no other first customer service/retail experience. Great team and great deals.
Pros
Lunches paid by GM's
Cons
Not organized. Should stick to big stores.
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 April 2016
very helping co workers.
good management
good training for new comers
exceptional customer service
good communication skills
Co-op work here from school
Salesman Co-op student (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON25 April 2016
it was just helping customers, and stock. not much happened here, wasn't aloud to use the cash but was able to do everything as if I was an employee. I was in the gaming section of the store.
Pros
I'm a gamer so the criteria was very easy to understand peoples questions
Cons
free work, days seemed to drag as short as it was.
Fun work Enviorment
Connected Solution Specialist (Co-op) (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 April 2016
co-workers are so friendly and helpful . love to work in such kind of enviorment. Pay rate is not upto mark. i have learned a lot about existing and new electronics technologies coming out in market.