Best Buy

Best Buy Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work!
Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2014
Great environment to better to develop and exercise communication and sales.

Lots of internal growth opportunity.
Friendly work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), St. John's, NLJune 20, 2014
Pros: different activities like retro video games night
Typical day of work include talking to various customers to answer any questions they have on the product. Management is great to get along with and always try to help when there is an issue. Co-workers are friendly and dependable
BestBuy
Connected solution specialist (Former Employee), Regina, SKJune 9, 2014
Best Buy is the best place to learn about new electronics. The company allows its employe's to get first hand on products before they are open to public. By doing this we are able to learn in advance.
Overall Good with not so good management
Senior Mobile Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 5, 2014
no career advancement available and the management is not really helpful with helping you advance either. Fellow colleagues are amazing to work with.
na
Product Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 3, 2014
Pros: great discounts
they create a good work enviroment, I'm very happy there. Management is always available for help and assistance. co-workers are friendly and willing to assist in training. If you don't mind retail and are interested in technology its a great place to work.
Great place to work at
SUPERVISOR - Logistics/ Callbacks/ P.R.C (Former Employee), Langley, BCJune 1, 2014
I had a great time at this place. Everyday was different and always presented with new challanges but everyone came together to solve all the issues.
Great place!
Very fun and energeti working enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 29, 2014
Pros: discounts on certain items
Cons: nothing
It was a very fun workplace. I am always on my feet. We got to talk and interact with new and old clients everyday.
Sales representative /Inventory Personal (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 16, 2014
Part-time job
Managing and stocking of weekly received replenishment, in addition to customer service duties.
horrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 12, 2014
The bestbuy treat you like pigs and the managers just want you to work and work they never have fun .
Best Buy Burnaby was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 8, 2014
Management is a mess, but the co-workers were great.

Enjoyed helping customers, but the learning curve is definitely steep.

Couldn't help but feel stranded as they do not provide ample training.
Great People with a common goal of taking care of customer needs
District Manager (Former Employee), VancouverMay 7, 2014
Pros: salary/benefits
Cons: long hours/travelling
It was an awesome growth environment allowing personal growth over the years! In the early part of my career, there was some personal sacrifice that had the be made to achieve the level of success needed to grow. Once you achieve that, the sky is the limit!
I would personally recommend this organization for anyone.
Culture okay...but poort management
Specialist in IT (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 7, 2014
Pros: vending machines for discount stuff
Cons: buy your own usb hdd or upgrades for company assigned laptops...
Not the best. CMMI level 1. Some of the so call managers have no real management skills.

Some of the project managers are not very resourceful and not experienced.
Great job!
MOBILE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 6, 2014
A typical day starts with a morning meeting, outlining sales goals, and department goals for the day. I started in the web order desk, and due to my previous experience in a mobile environment, I migrated to mobile, and am now in the customer service operations dept.
Productive and busy workplace.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 1, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: a numbers based company
I was responsible for the scheduling, payroll, sales in the store, and running the operations of the store without issue.
12 years experience
Associate- Shipping Department (Current Employee), bramptonApril 29, 2014
Over 12 years of Experience in sales and marketing.
Master of Business Economics (MBE) with dual specialisation in marketing and finance.
REMIC Mortgage Agent Course (RMAC) issued by the Real Estate and Mortgage Institute of Canada Inc.Toronto, Ontario Canada
Proficient in setting-up new teams and experience of new start-up.
Innovative
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: company discount
Cons: hours
Merchandise sales, meeting new customers daily is something I enjoy, it has given me the ability to communicate with all nationalities. Thus creating complete confidence in my sales techniques.
Good Management. Unrealistic budget setting from head office
Supervisor/Senior (Former Employee), SudburyApril 7, 2014
Pros: easy going, friendly upper management
Cons: low paying
Best Buy is a decent place to work while going to school. Due to their recent restructuring it no longer pays as high. Stake holders no longer believe in profit sharing. If you need work and being underpaid to work in an environment which is friendly and clean is ok than I'd recommend them.
Store Design,
Store Design, Corporate (Current Employee), Burnaby ,BCApril 7, 2014
BEST BUY/FUTURE SHOP SPACE MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR –
Store Design, Corporate Headquarters, Burnaby ,BC
Sept 2013 – Present
Best Buy is a company trying to keep up with unrealistic demands.
Installation Team Lead (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 4, 2014
Pros: limited management structure!
Cons: limited management structure...
My work is challenging given the undetermined scope of work for any given day as an installer. It's enjoyable and working with the public is very rewarding.

Best Buy faces a challenge of having to balance providing everything to everyone while maintaining competitive prices. They also have to maintain a non-pressure oriented sales style while motivating employees without benefit. This formula is bound to fail given the paradox that ensues.

I would like to see Best Buy focus more on customer care as they claim to rather than trying to push non-essential services on clients.
Close knit, energetic workplace
Operations Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, AbMarch 31, 2014
Pros: amazing staff room; satelite tv, ps3 games, vending machines, couches
Cons: slow computer systems at times, outdated pos system
Best Buy was a great place to work with a high energy staff, and a close knit "family" atmosphere.
A typical day at work starts off with a high energy staff meeting which goes over store stats and upcoming promotions.
I learned how to assist customers in a way so that they feel respected, listened to and that their was an attempt made at solving their problem even if it was not completely resolved. Being that the price point of much of the merchandise is quite high, the customers needed to feel catered to and appreciated.
The coworkers are very friendly and personable, there are many after hours activities and events that are aimed at employee bonding and socialization.
The hardest part of my job there was sometimes enforcing store policy to unreasonable customers, the most enjoyable part was the feeling of success and fulfillment after helping a customer who was truly appreciative for your help and experience.

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances – Read more