Best Buy Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Connected Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL8 February 2017
Good place to work at. Management is really good and helpful. Interview process was a bit lengthy but overall quality place to work at.
Pros
easy work, sales floor is fun to work at, quality benefits
Cons
pay could be better
Amazing workplace culture and team building organization. Strives Sales Experts to step outside their boundaries and improve interpersonal skills.
Sales Expert (Home Solutions) (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON20 September 2016
BestBuy gives employees a vast amount of opportunities to understand the linguistics and skills needed in order to be a successful salesman, while at the same time promoting quality service to consumers. Managing staff are often competent and helpful with sales and product knowledge and can offer some great advice to improve productivity. The cultural atmosphere is welcoming but can seem challenging at first due to a results oriented nature of the departments, but once a employee gets used to the products and process, sales becomes less challenging.
Pros
Great working atmosphere, product discounts, technology knowledge to help products used at home.
Cons
Retail Hours, Weekend Shifts, Overflow of Consumers on holidays or events
Amazing Staff
Sales (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 January 2017
The employees are simply amazing and nice! Makes me feel like part of a family. Can be busy during holidays but you do so much work and time flies, it was simply the best experience of my life
Pros
During events: free meals
Cons
Sometimes can be empty
a great enviornment to work and learn in
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC7 August 2016
- there's always something to do and learn, never a dull moment
- I've learned about a lot of electronics and gained a lot of new customer service based skills
- the management is very approachable and makes you feel like family
- I always have fun with my co workers, we definitely know how to have fun while being the best
- when holiday season comes around... retail can get pretty crazy
- the best thing about my job is that I'm working along side my friends
Pros
fun atmosphere, friends, good hours
Productive and fun work environment
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 November 2016
Fantastic place to be and build a career.. Lots of great accessories and electronics to check. fantastic work environment lots of positive energy and great employeees
Pros
free lunches
Cons
competitive and challenging work
Easy going workplace
Call Centre Escalations + Transactions Agent (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 December 2016
Great place to work at as a starting job. Management is one of the best i have seen. they give you hours when you ask for extra hours and understand your situation when you can't make it to work.
Fine as a first experience job
Sales Department - Mobile sales representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 February 2017
Prepare yourself to learn alone, not much time is given to understand the task to do correctly. The responsables aren't very professional and they seem not to care.
good place to gain experience
Chef d'equipe departement mobile (Current Employee) –  Greenfield Park, QC18 February 2017
It's a good training ground for youngsters who want to develop they're skills in the sales work, good working environment I was blessed to be part of one of the best team in Canada.
productive and fun work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 February 2017
I liked it at best buy distribution center. I had the chance to meet alot of new and cool people and people that i can honestly call my friend even for the short amount of time that i worked there.
good
Forklift Operator / Case picker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 December 2016
operated stand up reach truck forklift loading and unloading product off truck trailers.

I operated cherry picker and pallet jack, documented and maintained assigned equipment condition on a daily basis.
Fast paced, competitive, rewarding
Sales Associate / Gaming Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2016
A great place to work, honed my skills of sales and pushed me to reach new points. When you work hard they recognize it and reward you accordingly. Customer service was great as well
Pros
Good discount
Alright place to work but management kills it
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON6 October 2016
Starbucks was a decent place to pick up some extra income while I was in school but the management brought down the quality of the workplace culture. Hours were very hard to get and expectations were extremely high. Pay was mediocre.
Work with great people
Mobile lead (Former Employee) –  Vancouver11 January 2017
Everything is fine and dandy until you make one mistake, then theyll find any excuse to get rid of you.

also if dont keep a smile on every day theyll attack you for being negative
Pros
the people.
Cons
favoritism
Was a decent job, was there seasonal
Connected Solutions Specialist (PT/ Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Downsview, ON9 February 2017
Overall the work environment was great, the team was always helpful. The hourly wage was decent, however they do not Incorporate your school with work.
good place with great team
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Lasalle, QC15 February 2017
Good place to work, fun people to work with and the benefits are great (part-time and full time benefits). You get to really learn how to work as a team in both sales and non sales environments.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON22 February 2017
I enjoy interacting with customers and learning all about new products that Best Buy carries. Management do a good job preparing new employees for the position and everyone helps each other.
productive and fun workplace
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 January 2017
shifting hours
good management
fun at work
sometimes short or low man-hours
good discount for employees
busy/peak hours usually during afternoon to early evening
Good Part-Time Job to have during School
Mobile Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2016
Best Buy was a good part-time job for me while finishing up University, pay is min wage or slightly above. Management were accommodating with school hours and personal life.
Pros
Relaxed mangemernt
Cons
wage
Good place to work.
Computer Technician Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 December 2016
Good times. Good friends. Great place to work. Would definitely go back if asked to. Hard to commute from Airdrie in winter conditions.
Pros
Flexible shifts when required.
Cons
Boxing Day Nightmare
not bad
MOBILE LEAD (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2016
Good experience, I learned how to manage direct reporters and drive sales through targets and coaching. Working in the Oakville location was much better than Downsview.
Pros
experience, discount
Cons
support, management