Best Buy Employee Reviews

Productive and great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston Churchill23 October 2016
Working here was fun and I had great co-workers that made me excited to be there. Most of the time it was pretty easy going but sometimes would get a little stressful due to meeting target sales when things were slow.
Na
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 June 2016
Job - I like

I learned lot of technical and management skill

My co- workers are really helping

No Hard part, looking for new challenges
Very good company to work for. Friendly environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON4 March 2016
Very good company to work for. Friendly environment. Felt very welcome and organized. Management was very good to us and make us want to work harder
a great experience
Connected Solutions Specialist (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON14 June 2016
Best buy is a great working environment. I love working there. great people. you need to your stuff. Need to know geek squad inside and out.
Pros
discounts
Cons
long hours.
Productive and fun work environment
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON22 November 2016
Even though my work experience was short at best buy, I enjoyed working in the department I was in. The co-workers were all very easy going and I had a great time working there.
Group oriented fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK11 January 2017
Each day was fun, filled with energetic happy staff. Sales is a great experience working with your social skills and catering to the needs of each customer.
High Energy workplace with friendly co workers who support each other
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 October 2016
Working at Best Buy was something of a learning curve but it was a challenge to "be the best!" and really help the customer find every thing they want.
Great environment, great culture
Mobile Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 October 2016
Great company with a great presence in every local community that ive been in. Worked at muliple locations and each had a unique touch but still lived the values of the company
great fun place to be
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2016
This was the introduction to Best Buy Canada. So the expectations were very high and the promotion helped launched BB into the national Canadian market.
Pros
lots of fun at all times
Cons
Very high turnover
The Best Buy Co-op experience
Best Buy co op assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2016
- Fast, Productive and good

- Good at repetitive work

- respectful and reasonable

- very informative

- product memorization

- electronics everywhere
Pros
Touching the products
Cons
It was Co-op
Great place to learn Sales
Home Solutions Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 October 2016
Starting work is fast paced. you have to get used to making sales within the first few days on the job. The job did not offer much support to new employees, and did not show much regard to the customers.
ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB11 December 2016
Its an ok place to work,
Help customers with what they need, either finding random products or finding Tv's or Appliances that they would use for years
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 May 2016
Best Buy was a good company to work for, however had a dramatic environment. The management was great at encouragement and I loved my job, however I had a very hard commute there causing me to end my time.
Pros
Good Management and Discount
Cons
good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 January 2017
pretty good job i would love having it back but i was only seasonal so maybe i don't know how it really is worked there for 3 months loved it though..
What I learned
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 November 2016
I learned to handle customers sensitive information with care. I had to handle there social insurance numbers and credit information.
Fun Workplace
Recruiter/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON17 May 2016
This was my first retail experience as i was in school and it was great to be a part of this company. The management was great and always eager to help the employees reach their goals.
Product Process Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 October 2016
good place to work, great people, great environment, flexible hours, great place to learn about electronics, great benefit and salgary
Product process specialist( media position )
product process specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill high tech9 September 2015
Really o.k when your in co-op than possible chance ,I recently became a part time , but I`m still doing the same positions in co-op ( movies , down stocking , putting prices tags and pricing movies). Really I feel that the manager is really making an excuse for to fire me! but really I manage to do my best coping this part time and looking for new job part time job in future. Surly that the manager would be happy but really good discounts, dental benefits , like insurance. Even as student (full time and taking part time continue education in post secondary school). But maybe there might be possible that I might become a full part time product process position, or I might just find another before the manager take me out of the job.
Pros
really comfortable environment, good discounts, general manager is great and great supervisor
Cons
low days, lack of hours or no days at all and no promotions
Co-workers make work fun, management does not.
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2016
Typical day at work is arrive; receive shipments, send out product with Canada Post, and do LP (stands for loss prevention but that title is basically greeter bc we're not allowed to look at the camera's anymore, which doesn't actually stop most of us from looking) for anywhere between 45mins-5hours (of grueling back pain if you have no one to switch off with regularly). Also responsible to either open or close the store. Part Timers are not guaranteed hours especially if you are not a manager or supervisors favourite. Co-workers are usually quite knowledgeable in their area after a few months of working and you can rely on them to help you unless is busy like christmas time.

Christmas time is a good time to gain hours with night shifts and early morning shifts (5 am for the month of december) and boxing day if you work in PPS can start at 12am, 2am and 4am for morning shifts which can put a damper on your festivities if you celebrate christmas.

Says they're not on commission but we are pushed to sell services and this is tracked daily company wide. Not much training is provided for product knowledge other than what you do in your free time and the lackluster e-learnings they make you do. Much easier to learn by asking for help from your co-workers.

However Part-timers are offered health/dental and life insurance as well as a pension plan.
Pros
Most Co-workers are more than competent at their jobs
Cons
Management has a problem with favouritism, even if you don't see it right away.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK11 November 2016
the environment is welcoming,people are laid back but result oriented. scheduling is flexible great place to work if you're a student