Best Buy Employee Reviews

Working at Best Buy
Mobile Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 December 2017
Working at Best Buy has been quite memorable. My coworkers have all been so kind ever since I started - all so friendly and helpful during my early stages of working at the store. As time has progressed, I am noticing improvements in all of my professional skills. For example, my etiquette, my organizational skills, my sense of responsibility and (most of all) my sales skills have dramatically improved. All of these things put together have helped me to improve my overall confidence throughout my day-to-day expenditures. Therefore - all in all - my experience at Best Buy has been both very pleasurable and very beneficial.
Good place but could use some improving.
Sales Associate (Part-time) / Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 December 2017
for a typical day of work you are given duties based on your department, the sales team are responsible for keeping their area clean, the warehouse maintains the store and displays. i learned a lot about computers and televisions when i was in sales and i learned a lot about shipping, receiving and merchandising when i worked in the warehouse. the hardest part of the job was the speed required of you, you had barely enough time to give the customer all the information at times. and you were always busy in the warehouse with something or another. The people were what made the job amazing though.
Pros
The people were great
Cons
Management needed to be more organized
Enjoyed the busy holiday seasons
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2017
-Had a great work experience working with busy environment and lot of people to meet and enjoy the reality of customer service.

-Boxing days and Christmas was the busy place to learn.
Pros
Busy and learn lot
Cons
not busy can be boring
Good first time management job.
sales floor manager & media and marketing manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 December 2017
This Job taught me how to be a manager and how to get respect and be authoritative. It was a good starter job. I left it to move on to a better and higher up position.
Very nice
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC3 December 2017
Working in retail was a very good experience and would gladly do it again. Boss's we're funny and know a lot about the establishment. Im someone that loves electronics and had a lot of fun selling them.
Fun place to work
Sales and Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 December 2017
Best Buy has a lot to teach depending on which department you work in. It's a really relaxed and cultural organization. You go to work knowing that adequate people are hired for the role, so you don't need to worry about working with just anyone. It is a well diverse workplace with a mix of genders, religions, ethnicity's and age groups.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Low Job Security
Fun people and Environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB1 December 2017
It is alright, it is nothing extraordinary just another job. It has good people and good environment, however I cannot stand the issue surrounding hours.
One of my favorite positions
Mobile Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL22 November 2017
The Good:
This is a great place to get your first job. It will teach you about how companies operate and where you fit into all that. The staff is typically really friendly and you can always get help when it's needed. This is a pretty low-stress job and when you get to know everyone, it's even better!

The Bad:
No commission. The bosses will say "it's a good thing" but at the end of the day, you're still held to sales quotas the same as anyone on commission. If you don't meet your quotas you will be put on a "plan" that is code for "start looking for another job". (This is especially stressful for managers who seem to have high turnover rates)
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Literally NO job security
Fun place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2017
It was a great place to work at, people were friendly made so good friends and management was amazing. We had team nights witch were always fun and they supplied the food and drinks.
Pros
Lunch brakes, benefit
Cons
There were non
Great place to gain knowledge in electronics
Connected Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2017
I got the chance to work with one of the best companies in North America. Big team to help and the management is with you when you need. I learned a lot about the sales and technology moving on crazy like gamers, 4K.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Have to run on floor while on work
Cool, and productive workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 November 2017
Had to scan items, and shelf them. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the new technology come in. The hardest part of the job was working midnights.
Pros
Nice discount
Cons
Midnight shifts during holidays
Good company to work for. Low pay.
Connected Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 November 2017
Good company to work for, the managers are nice and the culture of the company is great also. They always encourage you to be part of the team and stuff. It is nice, but when they are paying you $12/hour and no commission you don't really feel like you are worth something. But that's just the nature of the business. Retail is dying and they will be only a few players left in the coming years.
Cons
Low pay
Multi-Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC21 November 2017
On a typical day at work you have to have good shoes on because you will be standing for your entire shift, breaks were not long enough. I did not like the store manager..
Pros
you get to be around electronics all day
Fun, lonely, crowded ?
Vente aux détails (Former Employee) –  Saint-Jérôme, QC18 November 2017
Working for this company can be fun and annoying. Having to see a bunch of cool technology is pretty cool. You learn how to sell more and sell better. You talk and intereact with people which can be both very fun and the other way around. You have to keep the place in good shape for better customer experience. Although, the company saves everything you do in statistics and if you do not meet certain requirements, they're going to pressure you to be better or else...
Pros
Social
Cons
Pressure
Nice place to work
Customer Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON17 November 2017
I have only been here a few weeks but everyone at the store is very welcoming and my position is very clearly outlined to me and my managers have ensured I have the proper training and confidence to start on my own.
Fun Environment
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 November 2017
Fun and fast paced work environment. Great place to learn, grow and develop customer service skill. Appropriate recognition- Monetary and Non-monetary with incentives like employee discounts and health benefits.
one learns to be the best with best buy
Multi channel sales associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC13 November 2017
The management is very supportive towards your needs and understand both your professional and personal issues .

The staff was very friendly

our senior was very understanding and made sure every employee was comfortable in the work place and made not only the long term employee feel important but also new employees .

Even with the challenging tasks one gets to learn a lot with best buy.

I not only enjoyed my work but also learned a lot from best buy .
Pros
good staff
Cons
salary
Great Environment
Connected Solutions Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 November 2017
Amazing management, leadership, and sales training. The location I worked at had a well organized system, was open to suggestions, and spent time with each salesperson to develop their skills.
Product Tester (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 November 2017
Good place to work but, good employee discounts, the only thing most employees don't like is there are no benefits, contracts sometimes never get renewed and it takes years to be a full-time employee at best buy.
friendly team oriented workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB9 November 2017
working at best buy was an excellent job, with fun and friendly supervisors and employess. The breaks were good with lots of time for lunch as well. I enjoyed working in a team oriented workplace with lots of possibilities for advancement and bonuses
Pros
free lunch, good management, and excellant break time
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.