Best Buy Employee Reviews

work
Mobile Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB27 June 2017
It was an interesting environment to work in. I enjoyed it and I am happy I gave it a try. it definitely helped me out starting at the mobile shop there in the future.
have fun and be the best
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC27 June 2017
A typical day for me start usually started yesterday as I like to prepare my day ahead and also I always have a plan for the week so I can keep track of my work and get the balance at the end of the week.
In relation to my mangers I always try to learn more,listen more and talk less unless I have a question about the way of doing my job better and that make my day easier and make the deference between having a hard or easy day.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Love everything
Mobile Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 June 2017
Great company with great benefits, challenges and networks.

You get to learn lots about numbers, projections, and analysis by doing hands-on work in exploring back-end stats.
Nothing specail
Associate (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON24 June 2017
Higher pressure job with little care given to its employees. To much meetings and micro managing not enough support on the sale floor to help with customer and support own staff. The company is to focused on reinventing retail and ignores stores needs in smaller markets
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2017
Toronto model search is a start-up company aimed at connecting models with agencies and enhancing their portfolios. As a result at Toronto Model Search you are given the opportunity to meet a wide variety of people and experience a lot of different things daily.
Computer sales.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON22 June 2017
This place is only worth working if you are in highscool or working part time.

There was really not much room to improve at this place and the pay was not worth staying for.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low wages. No commision.
Good Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 June 2017
This company is a pretty good environment. I've been at this company for a year, and it's enjoyable enough. I don't mind the management or the people there. Most people are kind and caring and fairly understanding.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Not enough pay
Nice Expansions Store
Mobile Expert (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 June 2017
Loved working at Best Buy mobile in the mall.

Nice little store, with a small team to go with it. They were very accommodating of my school schedule while I was going through college.
Enjoyed my time
Seasonal Geek Squad Agent (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON21 June 2017
The managers are very friendly, if you're looking for a part time job and are familiar with electronics you'll do well in this position. In geek squad you're going to be working with a small team, usually 3-5 people including a manager.
Pros
Nice co-workers, decent benefits, great discounts
Cons
Not many hours, not much room for advancement
Bien
Employé de gestion des produits (Current Employee) –  Drummondville, QC21 June 2017
Bien environnement de travail agréable personnes agréables a cotoyer.
very friendly environment, great management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 June 2017
i really enjoyed working here, very good experience. the management as well as the rest of the staff were excellent. I would recommend this job to all of my friends.
Great Place!
Connected / Home Solutions Senior (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON17 June 2017
Great place to work, you can definitely work your way to the top and get promotions if you exceed at your job.
If selling is something you enjoy you will like this job.
seul le salaire est a desirer
jean-sebastien rioux (Current Employee) –  Rimouski, QC15 June 2017
je trouve que l'ambiance est la meilleur mais le salaire est vraiment a discuter ( comme vendeur )
Pros
ambince
Cons
salaire
good sales experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 June 2017
best buy is a great place to work in terms of gaining proper sales experience. Management is nice and helpful. You also meet a lot of people which is great for networking
Travail d'équipe important mais beaucoup de pression pour les ventes.
Gérant Mobile et gérant des ventes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 June 2017
Travail surtout de service à la clientèle, ventes de produits électronique et de services. Vente plan de protection.

J'ai appris à y contrôler mon stress et beaucoup de formations sur la ventes au détails.

La gestion de l'entreprise laisse à désiré, manque de vision du futur.

L'aspect le plus agréable ce cette emplois étais le travail d'équipe, une culture favorisant l'esprit de famille.

L'aspect le plus négatif étais l'intense pression afin d'atteindre les ventes de plan de protection.
Pros
Grand esprit d'équipe.
Cons
Pression sur les employés et les clients.
Productivity and good work environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 June 2017
The Best Buy Canada where I work is distribution center.

It is more walking, lifting and bending activities include in job function.

It is nice place to work. All the employees are helpful, and work as team whenever needed as well.
The sitcoms doesn't do enough justice
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON12 June 2017
From opening the doors to locking up, it's always a full day at Best Buy. Employees always get their own handful of customers, especially during back to school season and Christmas. Anyone who claims to be courageous should take a shift during Boxing Day. However, there is always plenty of support from the store management and the fellow employees, as long as they are also not swamped.
Pros
Employee discount, stock options, flexible working hours
Cons
Job insecurity
eh
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 June 2017
good place to work for if you are looking for good discounts on their products but pay is horrible expect too much in return of the small pay they have. no advancement in the company unless you are a teachers pet for the management a lot of favoritism in the office
Learned more than I thought I would
Multi-Channel Sales Associate- Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 June 2017
Day to day work was never routine.
I learned to think on my feet, multi-task and stay organized.
Management for the most part, listened to concerns and stood behind their employees.
The team dynamic was great although it was a sales environment, it wasn't pushy or cut throat. Most of the team was under the "one team one dream" mind set and we had a lot of team functions, like yearly baseball tournament between all stores.
The hardest part of the job, was saying no to customers. When there were policy's in place that prevented us from giving a customer a truly great experience, it was hard to say no when a yes would have turned them into a customer for life.
The best part of the job were the people. Both the employees and the customers. They are unique and enjoyable.
great place to start working for experience
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MA9 June 2017
best buy is an easy place to work at, the management can be good depending on which location you work at but its not too bad. hours are mostly flexible and negotiable and there are a lot of good people that work there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval