Best Buy Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Working at computer solutions
SALE ASSOCIATE AND CASHIER (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 16, 2016
Pros: Great environment
Helping customer around with Laptops and Camera's was quite fun, because I enjoy working around technologies. Specially with camera's, I know a lot about camera and working at Best Buy helps me connects more with what I love. It was really great and different experience working with such nice and communicating surroundings. I think if you like what you do, you'll enjoy your job even more and would show more interest, that's why we should always go for what we love to do the most.
friendly and comfortable job environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: free lunch
I am new to Canada and my friend job in Canada is Customer Service Representative in Best Buy .

This job saw to deal with the customers and to handle their problem with the products or questions regarding our Services.This job gave me experience dealing with different customers.

I enjoyed working in situations which are with different customers and with helping co-workers and understandable seniors and managers.
Good Call, Best Buy Mobile!
Mobile Specialist (Current Employee), Vaughan, OntarioSeptember 11, 2015
Working with Best Buy Canada has been a great experience. The environment is fun because of the supportive management and outgoing co-workers. I started off with this company less than a year ago and I can proudly say that I have been able to enhance my skills as a worker and as a person in general. The management is approachable and have an open door policy - they are always there to discuss certain issues or concerns as leaders and as friends.
Best buy review
Sales (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABNovember 4, 2015
The people were nice and the company was well structure but i applied because it wasn't commission so i wasn't pressured to sell things to people who didn't need them. Then the management began to apply pressure that i didn't believe in.
Productive and fun workplace
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2015
Pros: meeting new people, making lots of sales. Working in a team or no team environment.
Best buy is one of the greatest company's I worked for, Even though the time was cut sort i would love to work there again. everyone was on the ball. everyone worked together and the management was awesome. Best buy was more like a family if someone messed up everyone was there to lend a helping hand. I learned so much from my time at best buy even though it was a seasonal position Best buy is what made me passionate about electronics grow to what it is. I loved talking to customers and making get a better understanding of the products. It was amazing to see customers come back or bring family in just to talk to see and my other co-workers because they felt comfortable in the information we would give them. For me best buy wasn't work because I loved every minute I had there helping customers and meeting new people and that is the kind of job I love.
Perfect place to be a more mature individual while having fun at work
QC H4N 3K1 (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 9, 2016
BestBuy is a company that teaches you, not only to sell products and attach warranties or geek squad, they teach you how to behave in any scenario with any customer and to get the job done ethically.
It is a very good place to start off from the bottom and there are possibilities to grow in the company if you are willing to put the effort into it.
A good company to start your career with.
Product Process Supervisor (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 6, 2015
Pros: Good place to learn all the different aspects of retail.
Cons: Expect the unexpected, its like the "sword of damocles" you won't be able to predict anything until it happens.
Best Buy is a really good company for anyone interested in working for retail and various aspects of the retail industry. once you are thorough with it just take the next step by moving on to different organizations. You never know when there is going to be a restructuring and closing of business.
Fun and fast paced
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 9, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: minimal hours
I am currently at Best Buy, and it is a fun job, but the hours a bad and not many shifts. Its very fun but seems one sided. Learned more about inventory management and communication between co workers.
Product and Fun place to work
General Manager (Former Employee), Nanaimo,BCMarch 13, 2015
Pros: epps, rrsp, employee discounts
Cons: long hours
A great group of management leaders with a great vision that has allowed the company to continue to excel in electronic industry while other companies have fallen. They will continue to be around when others wont. I learned how to manage people better while working at Best Buy. A place with great benefits, great discounts and RRSP/STOCK Options.
Not challenging
Product Tester (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 9, 2015
Pros: teamwork is great, we all help each other when we can
Cons: no growth or feel lack of acknowledgement
Don't feel that I have grown or used my potential to further myself or improve with other products and electronics. Always kept in one section -- cellular phones. They expect you to succeed or exceed your productivity, yet almost struggling when they give you other tasks which requires of more importance. The best part of working there is with the team and co workers
Learning curve
Merchandising Senior (Former Employee), Kanata, ONNovember 9, 2015
Pros: free treats in the lunch room every other week
Cons: not enough room for internal growth
I was thrown into this position and did not get much training until after 3months of being there. Once training started it was a lot to learn in such a short time. I took notes and reference online training courses. I was in charge of an all male staff, which at first was daunting as I was criticized for my physical strength. Once the boys saw that i could lift anything they could all was well!
Good work experience
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 16, 2016
I feel as if I learned a lot working at Best Buy. In the beginning the mangers make sure that you have sufficient training in order to do your job efficiently. When you assigned a task its usually after a senior associate has made sure you know exactly what your doing. Overall it was a great place to work with a good atmosphere.
Co-op work here from school
Salesman Co-op student (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: I'm a gamer so the criteria was very easy to understand peoples questions
Cons: free work, days seemed to drag as short as it was.
it was just helping customers, and stock. not much happened here, wasn't aloud to use the cash but was able to do everything as if I was an employee. I was in the gaming section of the store.
Awesome company to work for!
Multi Channel Sales Assistant (Former Employee), OntarioAugust 17, 2015
Great company to work for! Regular visits from HR and Head Office officials to hear our input and opinions regarding changes to the company. Management always encouraging employees to give exemplary customer service first and worrying about daily goals second. The management team was also very supportive of all of our life goals and aspirations and helped us become "amazing"!
fun workplace
MULTIMEDIA SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCNovember 3, 2015
if a person likes electronics and wants to work in retail then this is a perfect place for him. Good and easy going management, friendly co-workers.
Experience
Spécialiste du service à la clientèle (Former Employee), Vaudreuil-Dorion, QCMarch 28, 2016
Pros: nana
My work experience in Canada has been rewarding because I learned different techniques servcio customers has helped me improve my service every day

It is a good company to work.
Lots of great people
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: People
Cons: Poor training
The people I worked with were wonderful and it made it enjoyable to go to work. The hardest part of the job was knowing what I was supposed to do on a daily basis as the training was not very good. I enjoyed my position there and the physical aspects that came with the duties that I had.
Very kind and warm working environment.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Ottawa West, ONJanuary 31, 2016
Pros: Fun engaging with everyone and working as a team to meet goals.
Cons: No commission.
Loved my time at BestBuy, managers and co-workers were all kind and caring people. Really enjoyed coming into work everyday.
Great Workplace
Home Solution Specialist (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Pros: Amazing discount on some things
Cons: Slow season so not much customer interaction on floor
Best Buy is a great workplace with a fun and exciting environment. Being able to educate customers on reliable products is amazing. Managers and other employees all try their best.
Great place to work for motivated sales professionals
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 4, 2015
This is the type of sales job where you are expected to roll up your sleeves and work hard every day. The people who are willing to do that day in and day out are typically successful. There is an open floor plan where management sits on the sales floor with everyone else and are there to support you through out the day.
Links