Best Buy Employee Reviews

Fun environment, Nice management
Counter Intelligence Agent (GeekSquad) (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON1 February 2017
I only worked here for around 3 months in the Geek Squad department but in my time there I learned a lot. Not only did I further my knowledge into building, troubleshooting and repairing computers but I learned how to work at a quick pace while having fun.
Amazing!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB26 October 2016
Very fun place to work, and every one is always working hard and making sure the customers are treated amazing well! The management are all very fair and make sure we are never without help, and always able to help with customers! The hardest part can be if a customer had an assumption or was misinformed and takes it out on an associate, so we quickly apologize and rectify any issues or concerts in a way that ensures everyone leaves happy and satisfied!
Pros
Fun and friendly!
Tough business for a woman manager
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 December 2016
Still a boys club and very difficult for a woman with little respect or management opportunities. Focus is not really on customer service as I see it. More about the end sale and not necessarily what the customer really wants or needs!
Pros
Some great staff
Cons
women paid less than men in same role
Great team to work with and it was a great environment at my store!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2016
I was happy with my time at Best Buy. Our workdays as managers usually consisted of answering emails, making sure the computers and systems to sell phones were up and running, helping customers find their perfect mobile solution, and making sure the staff is performing their job duties in addition to coaching them to ensure they're constantly improving. I would say the hardest and most fulfilling part of the job, at my location at least, was dealing with the clientele. It was a great feeling once someone was able to get a phone, but getting them approved was a challenge.
Pros
Being in control of your store, being able to build a great team
Cons
The clientele at the mall I was at was not the most desirable
The culture of the store is incredible.
Product Process Senior (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2017
The store I worked in was fun, the people were friendly and the benefits were great. There were good leadership and lackluster. For the most part the store was a good experience, minus the favoritism.
Pros
wonderful people to work with
Cons
no shift variations
Fun to work at and they have good discounts
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 December 2016
Great place to work at as a starting job. Management is one of the best i have seen. they give you hours when you ask for extra hours and understand your situation when you can't make it to work.
Pros
Free food orders every once in a while
Cons
Being a Greeter in Cold canadian winter
One of us
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 October 2016
This job was fun, but the culture creeped me out. I was a guy searching for shoplifters, thefts and discrepancies in the store. Not a great way to make friends. It's a typically loss prevention job. Notes, long periods of boring, and few times you feel like your actually stopping crime. Not for everyone, but an entry level job for those who like to keep people honest.

So.. culture made me think of those drink the punch cults. Not for me.
Pros
Good deals on electronics, work in stable job, full time is full time
Cons
No real friends (loss provention problem), No notebooks provided, low wages
Can be fun sometimes horrible
Geeksquad Computer Information Agent (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 December 2016
Depends on the management in the store. I have had great and terrible management. Customers can feel way too entitled and sometimes customers are treated better than the employees.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Little no or advancement, pay raises very small, no job security.
fun and productive work place
Multi channel sales associate and customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2017
great company to work for. I learned a lot of skills that are really useful to me. i worked with great staff and actually enjoyed going to work because the people there were amazing. Great benefits and opportunity for advancement.
it was fun at Best Buy
Salesperson/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2017
I had so much fun with all of the Best Buy employ and the management of the Best Buy is really good and all of the manger are very nice and I learn from them.
Pros
sometimes i didnt get chance to take my break.
Cons
They always brings food for all employ on holyday which was so sweet of them.
Fast paced while still maintaining a friendly environmment
Customer Experience Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 October 2016
Working at Best Buy is always a fun and enjoyable experience. The employees are very friendly and welcoming, and are always willing to help when needed.

A typical day at work entails walking in and just starting your work day. There is no unnecessary tasks that need to be done prior to your shift, and everyone else who is working is always there to warmly greet you.

In my six months working, my co-workers make me feel as if I have been working there over a year and have always been there for me when I need their help. It is very easy to be myself while working and maintaining proper work ethics.
Pros
relaxing environment, friendly co-workers
Cons
long hours, can be exhausting
Fun and fast paced environment
Multi-Channel Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 January 2017
Best Buy is an excellent company to work for. You get to experience all aspects of jobs, customer service, sales, multi channel, logistics and more. Very fair when it comes to employees and their availability when it comes to school and other priorities.
Its a fun enviroment but not reliable for hours
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 March 2017
It was very fun considering that I am 18 and love electronics, but for someone looking for consistent work or full time work it is not the best. Overall its fun for part time but not very reliable.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Management was poor
A challenging and social workplace.
Multi-Media and Home Theatre Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 March 2017
This is a place with new challenges to be met by every single customer. Never a dull moment with such amazing staff and customers. It also is a very entertaining position because you get to see the newest technologies.
Chill but pressuring environment
Technology Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 February 2017
I like the people and the values of the company. However they focus way too much on selling services to help meet budget and i feel that since we don't work on commission they shouldn't be forcing us to work more harder to fulfill our tasks
bad
Mobile Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2017
i worked for best buy for 3 years and they dropped me like a rock with no warning or anything and the reason they gave me was absolute bull. they said my attitude was not fit for the NPS they were going for but every time i got a survey with my name on it, it was always a promoter
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative/Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 March 2017
I was hired seasonal but had great time working there. Management is very friendly and the environment is fun to work in. If I were to reapply I would do it but currently I'm looking for a career job in my field.
Fun experience
Seasonal Gaming Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 March 2017
I was given the chance to try my hand at video game retail sales when I landed a seasonal job at Best Buy as a Gaming Specialist. It was such a fun job, great people to work with, great managers, wish I could've gotten a part time or full time position.
Great people, lousy store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 October 2016
Met some really great people that provided more information about how things were run than the actual management. Learned interesting things about computers and other electronics I didn't know beforehand. Problem is, again, the management. You don't work on commission, but they pressure you to sell a lot of Geek Squad Protection services to a point where that gets placed before customer service. But when you're placed in a department where the difficulty of selling GSP drastically increases, it's obviously impossible to manage your given quotas. Was constantly pressured into selling GSP, but never given the proper resources in how to properly do so.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Putting selling Geek Squad services over customer service
Decent Job for on in school
Digital Audio Specialist - Sales (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON28 February 2017
In college or university? This is a great flexible job with lost of perks being an employee.

If you want to be a retailer for life you may see advancement but it's a decent paying employer with great employee discounts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.