Best Buy

Best Buy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Culture okay...but poort management
Specialist in IT (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 7, 2014
Pros: vending machines for discount stuff
Cons: buy your own usb hdd or upgrades for company assigned laptops...
Not the best. CMMI level 1. Some of the so call managers have no real management skills.

Some of the project managers are not very resourceful and not experienced.
Great job!
MOBILE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 6, 2014
A typical day starts with a morning meeting, outlining sales goals, and department goals for the day. I started in the web order desk, and due to my previous experience in a mobile environment, I migrated to mobile, and am now in the customer service operations dept.
Productive and busy workplace.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 1, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: a numbers based company
I was responsible for the scheduling, payroll, sales in the store, and running the operations of the store without issue.
12 years experience
Associate- Shipping Department (Current Employee), bramptonApril 29, 2014
Over 12 years of Experience in sales and marketing.
Master of Business Economics (MBE) with dual specialisation in marketing and finance.
REMIC Mortgage Agent Course (RMAC) issued by the Real Estate and Mortgage Institute of Canada Inc.Toronto, Ontario Canada
Proficient in setting-up new teams and experience of new start-up.
Innovative
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: company discount
Cons: hours
Merchandise sales, meeting new customers daily is something I enjoy, it has given me the ability to communicate with all nationalities. Thus creating complete confidence in my sales techniques.
Good Management. Unrealistic budget setting from head office
Supervisor/Senior (Former Employee), SudburyApril 7, 2014
Pros: easy going, friendly upper management
Cons: low paying
Best Buy is a decent place to work while going to school. Due to their recent restructuring it no longer pays as high. Stake holders no longer believe in profit sharing. If you need work and being underpaid to work in an environment which is friendly and clean is ok than I'd recommend them.
Store Design,
Store Design, Corporate (Current Employee), Burnaby ,BCApril 7, 2014
BEST BUY/FUTURE SHOP SPACE MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR –
Store Design, Corporate Headquarters, Burnaby ,BC
Sept 2013 – Present
Best Buy is a company trying to keep up with unrealistic demands.
Installation Team Lead (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 4, 2014
Pros: limited management structure!
Cons: limited management structure...
My work is challenging given the undetermined scope of work for any given day as an installer. It's enjoyable and working with the public is very rewarding.

Best Buy faces a challenge of having to balance providing everything to everyone while maintaining competitive prices. They also have to maintain a non-pressure oriented sales style while motivating – more... employees without benefit. This formula is bound to fail given the paradox that ensues.

I would like to see Best Buy focus more on customer care as they claim to rather than trying to push non-essential services on clients. – less
Close knit, energetic workplace
Operations Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, AbMarch 31, 2014
Pros: amazing staff room; satelite tv, ps3 games, vending machines, couches
Cons: slow computer systems at times, outdated pos system
Best Buy was a great place to work with a high energy staff, and a close knit "family" atmosphere.
A typical day at work starts off with a high energy staff meeting which goes over store stats and upcoming promotions.
I learned how to assist customers in a way so that they feel respected, listened to and that their was an attempt made at solving their – more... problem even if it was not completely resolved. Being that the price point of much of the merchandise is quite high, the customers needed to feel catered to and appreciated.
The coworkers are very friendly and personable, there are many after hours activities and events that are aimed at employee bonding and socialization.
The hardest part of my job there was sometimes enforcing store policy to unreasonable customers, the most enjoyable part was the feeling of success and fulfillment after helping a customer who was truly appreciative for your help and experience. – less
Experience
Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee), MontrealMarch 27, 2014
As a Connected Solution Coordinator at a Best Buy Store, I provide a climate for motivation and set goals and objectives by creating a supportive working relationship. I provide high quality service and have the capability of engaging customer satisfaction by providing an exceptional service and delivering the necessary information. Also, I deal and – more... resolve customer issues to guarantee a good customer service. As a coordinator of a department, I orient and train employees by giving employees the information, technology and reference materials necessary to perform their job. I assign and delegate certain duties to the employee, explaining how those duties are to be done (i.e. what level of performance will meet the supervisor’s expectations) and communicate how the successful performance of those duties will be measured. Also, an employee’s evaluation performance is part of my duties. – less
Great Big box store to start working at
Home Theatre Specialist (Former Employee), BarrieMarch 24, 2014
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: after christmas hours get scarce
Best buy is a great place to work. Everybody is friendly, management does well. The non commission aspect gives a good learning ground.
a good work place because of the people in it but not because of the job
product process (Former Employee), edmonton abMarch 18, 2014
Pros: managers were good to work for, job was easy
Cons: early mornings, deal with costomers
stocking and unloading trucks into the warehouse, stocking shelves, adjusting prices on shelves, maintaining a clean warehouse. helping with sales in departments that were short handed
Doing Maintenance work in a warehouse environment
General Maintenance Associate (Current Employee), Langley, BCMarch 18, 2014
Pros: i enjoy the people i work with
Cons: work is not really in line with what i'm going to school for
A typical day would be taking care of recycling, sweeping, dusting. Also, taking care of machinery and equipment. With this job, I was taught WHIMIS due to the fact that we handle machine batteries and such.
Job fazed out
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 15, 2014
Wanted all employees to live at work and didn't care much about their life outside of the building. The money wasn't so bad for retail but still not good. Alot of people started getting laid off. Realized it was time to move on before the lay off's. Management needed to learn how to be proper managers. Job culture for the most part was good with employees – more... The management was the issue with that company. – less
enjoyable workplace
Seasonal Support Staff - Merchandiser (Former Employee), mississaugaMarch 3, 2014
never had a negative experience while working here.
i was always treated with respect which made for a very easy going friendly workplace.
productive and fun work place
Gaming & Home Theatre Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: amazing co workers, events, fun work place
Cons: some customers come in angry, stressful at times
best buy was an amazing experience for me because it was fun, and everyone from part time workers to managers were all so nice.i learned valuable customer service skills while working there. the most enjoyable part of the job that i liked was the fact that i made alot of new friends while working there and i got to be around something i love which is – more... technology. – less
Fun Workplace
Head Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: salary
Through out my almost 8 years at Best Buy, I have learned to have fun while being the best along with being patient. I have also improved in staying organized and being a multitasker!
A good Experience over all
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: great discount
Cons: unfair treatment
-Help Customers and clean and stock shelves
-Basic Protocol when it comes to handling difficult customers
-Management was ok
- Most of the co workers were awesome
-Dealing with difficult customers
- The good co workers made it worth staying as long as i did
productive and fun workplace
Windows rep (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 5, 2014
-help customers choose products and help with any questions
- learned a lot about computers and computer software
-management and Co-worker where great
-hardest part was keeping the store clean in the winter
-the most enjoyable part was keeping up to date with the latest technology.
Fun workplace but the company is undergoing dramatic changes
General Manager (Former Employee), montreal qcFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: good salary and benefits
Cons: work life balance is not their and bonus structure makes no sense
Fun workplace but the company is undergoing dramatic changes

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances – Read more