Best Buy Employee Reviews in Canada

productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONApril 6, 2016
you get to use your phone while you work & the managers are chill with talking when there are no customers, as long as the store and sections are tidy
Pros
lots of free incentives.. free food/lunches/huge product discounts
Fun fast paced atmosphere.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  CanadaMarch 30, 2016
Amazing company to work for, I would recommend it as a life long career company. Reasonable hours despite it being retail with amazing support staff to help you achieve your goals.
Experience
Spécialiste du service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QCMarch 28, 2016
My work experience in Canada has been rewarding because I learned different techniques servcio customers has helped me improve my service every day

It is a good company to work.
Pros
nana
Flexible and Honest Work Environment
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 17, 2016
I learned more interpersonal and communication skills being a part of the Best Buy community. I enjoyed the benefits and the work/life balance.
Pros
Discounts
Warehouse Workplace
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMarch 15, 2016
A typical day at work depending on the day is pretty busy, always work to be done, on Wednesdays and Thursdays those are our truck days so there is lots of work to be done.

I learned to always keep an open mind because no work day is repeated there is always something different to do everyday

Management is good at what they do, i have nothing bad to say

the hardest part about my job is trying to get everyone on the same page and do the same amount of work, there is always at least 1 or 2 people in every department who do not want to do the work required and that's frustrating for me

i enjoy almost every aspect of my job, i love doing plan-o-grams and putting up new demos, i like keeping the warehouse as clean as possible.
Pros
we get a 30 minutes lunch
Cons
only 71/2 hour shifts instead of the full 8 hours
Monotonous environment
Connected Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONMarch 14, 2016
Everyone is seated doing the qork required of them. Friendly co-workers and efficient environment. Management was great and friendly; listened to employees. Difficulties arose when a lot of samples were delivered and they had to be examined in a timely manner.
Customer Service Specialist
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEMarch 14, 2016
They were always good to work around school. They treated me well and I really enjoy working with them, however, I'd like to spread my wings and take on a new adventure.
Great Work Environment
Connected Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 11, 2016
Best buy is a great place to work, mainly because of the environment you are working in. The people who work their are great and easy to get along with and the sales floor offers the ability to increase your customer service as well as communication skills as there are constant opportunities to talk with the general public as well as your cooworkers. Management is great as well, they are friendly, and motivational offering up their knowledge and experience on a daily basis to help their staff succeed in monthly goals as well as other goals the individual may have.
Flexible job with a great supportive team
Product Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCMarch 8, 2016
I've loved working at the Best Buy Chilliwack location. The management is sincerely interested in their employees and their long term goals and is flexible with positions, and hours.

The staff there is quite young (between late teens and mid twenties) but aside from a little gossip, the team works well together and are eager to spend time outside of work.

The most frustrating things mostly revolve around corporate communications or outdated fixtures and tools but from my experience the head office staff are very involved and aware of concerns and want to help. It just generally takes a while.

This store is ranked one of the highest in the company not only for sales and customer experience but also for staff satisfaction.
Pros
supportive management, flexible hours, fun staff
Cons
gossip
Trying but enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 8, 2016
Presented and sold products while striving to add on to the sale such as accessories, product protection plans and in home installations.

This being my first position in sales, management really helped me to grow as an individual and honed my skills with customer interaction.
Very good company to work for. Friendly environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONMarch 4, 2016
Very good company to work for. Friendly environment. Felt very welcome and organized. Management was very good to us and make us want to work harder
Waste of a job low pay
Computer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONFebruary 28, 2016
They want us to work 40 hours during December but, rest of the year you will get 12 hours per week. They push you to sell so much while making $11/h
Pros
Discounts on prodcuts
Cons
everything
Great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 24, 2016
I enjoy working for best buy the environment and management is good. Its a positive environment we have while being the best.
Bestbuy Warehoure
Bestbuy Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCFebruary 20, 2016
-A typical day of work consisted of lifting objects which vary in weight, organizing, and putting them away to their designated area.

-What I learned from the job is that safety is the most important thing along with productivity.

-Management was very understanding and straight forward regarding to having a flexible schedule and with what they expected from you as an employee. Co-workers were also very helpful and enjoyable to be around.

-Hardest part of the job would be doing tasks efficiently as there are many products to be separated so it can be difficult to do under a certain amount of time. Meanwhile the most enjoyable part of the job would be working with other people because having someone to work with made it feel like you weren't at work.
Pros
Great cafeteria, accessible parking, Great working atmosphere
Cons
Early shifts
nice place to work
part-time cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 16, 2016
it has not been long since I started working here, but I have been liking it so far. Co-workers have been nice and store management has been helpful.
Good work experience
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 16, 2016
I feel as if I learned a lot working at Best Buy. In the beginning the mangers make sure that you have sufficient training in order to do your job efficiently. When you assigned a task its usually after a senior associate has made sure you know exactly what your doing. Overall it was a great place to work with a good atmosphere.
Corrupt!
PPA (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKFebruary 16, 2016
This company is so corrupt it's not even funny! I would assume the other location is the same way, but when I started working at Best Buy, it was fast, easy, and great communication. I started on cash, then I got moved to another location for PPA team, turns out this place was run by foreigners and once I started working at this location, they laid me off for no reason!

The management is so evil, when I got moved to that location, there were very few Canadian citizen workers, most of the employees I talked to were specifically from India area, none of them spoke English or any at all.

In addition to the lay off, a supervisor told me he got laid off shortly after I did. I love this company, I hate the people who work there!
Pros
Tech lovers will enjoy working here as much as I did
Cons
Beware who's managing your location...
Great Workplace
Home Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Best Buy is a great workplace with a fun and exciting environment. Being able to educate customers on reliable products is amazing. Managers and other employees all try their best.
Pros
Amazing discount on some things
Cons
Slow season so not much customer interaction on floor
stressful
part-time Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 9, 2016
never apply there. your efforts are not respected. you are just another tool that the company uses for business and nothing more than that.
Decent place to work
MCSA (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCFebruary 7, 2016
Probably my favorite place to work, due to me actively enjoying the tech industry and working in it. The management was great at first, but during the holiday season it obviously got a little worse, but you can't really complain about that. Overall great company, and if given the chance I'd love to work there again, as I was on a Seasonal Contract.
Pros
Food provided for holidays, benefits, great staff, excellent discounts
Cons
Holiday Season