Best Buy Employee Reviews in Canada

Working at computer solutions
SALE ASSOCIATE AND CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 16, 2016
Helping customer around with Laptops and Camera's was quite fun, because I enjoy working around technologies. Specially with camera's, I know a lot about camera and working at Best Buy helps me connects more with what I love. It was really great and different experience working with such nice and communicating surroundings. I think if you like what you do, you'll enjoy your job even more and would show more interest, that's why we should always go for what we love to do the most.
Pros
Great environment
friendly and comfortable job environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 27, 2016
I am new to Canada and my friend job in Canada is Customer Service Representative in Best Buy .

This job saw to deal with the customers and to handle their problem with the products or questions regarding our Services.This job gave me experience dealing with different customers.

I enjoyed working in situations which are with different customers and with helping co-workers and understandable seniors and managers.
Pros
free lunch
Co-op work here from school
Salesman Co-op student (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 25, 2016
it was just helping customers, and stock. not much happened here, wasn't aloud to use the cash but was able to do everything as if I was an employee. I was in the gaming section of the store.
Pros
I'm a gamer so the criteria was very easy to understand peoples questions
Cons
free work, days seemed to drag as short as it was.
Fun and welcoming work environment
Operations/Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 10, 2015
Great place to build your skills and in a fun environment, There are many opportunities for advancement within the company. Management is very helpful when guiding in training, and with career goals.
Fun workplace to be.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONApril 26, 2016
This place is one of the only second homes I got and I really enjoyed it. I honestly loved working for them and I would have never asked for no other first customer service/retail experience. Great team and great deals.
Pros
Lunches paid by GM's
Cons
Not organized. Should stick to big stores.
Productive and fun workplace
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJune 7, 2016
The job is a really good place especially the management, however I have been trying to move to the sales floor for about a month now. I'm not planning on staying much longer as I want to move up and find a better job in my career field.
Salesmen Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 31, 2015
A typical day starts within Best buy includes jumping right into work which detail in communicating with customers to find the right and best product for that consumer. I learned many ways to deal with customers and my product knowledge increased to a point way selling $2000 Mac-book's came at ease with increased up selling of different products such as Microsoft word or even protection plans. Co-workers would always work together to get the best experience for the customer because we are on a no commission bases. The hardest part was honestly was not being able to close a sale in the beginning but as my experience grew the easier it got to finalize the sale.
Pros
very easy going people, flexible hours and great benefits
Cons
only one break per shift, I prefer a 15 min twice rather then 1 half hour
Please beware!
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILSeptember 18, 2015
I have worked for the Best Buy Warehouse in Woodridge, IL for 10 years.
The first 5 years was wonderful.

Best Buy was great at showing their employees appreciation:
We would receive raises twice a year.
They would throw Holiday parties, with food and raffled gifts(TV’s/gift cards..)
Management would go out on the warehouse floor, greet and interact with the staff.
It was really a great place to be proud to work for.

Once, the Warehouse went under new management everything changed.
The company stopped raises completely over 3 years ago..

I was told that we would be getting a raise this year.
The family and I were pretty excited about it until we received my check.
The company that I have put my blood, sweat and time into, thought I was only worth 5 cents…

This company does not promote employees internally.
For years, Best Buy would promise employees promotions but then hire externally. (Leads, Supervisors and Managers)
I have been promised personally about 7 times over the 10 years..

Management treats their employees like they are replaceable objects.
You approach them with an issue or concern, it is brushed under the rug.

Recently, HR had a meeting with all the staff and congratulated the new employees on their $0.75 raise.
A few employees who have been at Best Buy as long as I have, approached HR about their $0.05 raise.
The HR Rep. just shrugged his shoulders and walked away..

Another example..
I have a “go getter” personality and I love helping people.
So, when my Manager asked if I could go to Best Buy’s other warehouse and help out,
  more... I was delighted.
The Supervisor at that location appreciated the help and noticed my potential and knowledge of company.
A few days later, I was talking with that Supervisor and my Manager about a few things.
The Supervisor asked me if front of my Manager, if I would be interested in being his lead at the new warehouse.
Of course, I was like YES PLEASE!
Well, my Manager shot that down quick..
He said that ”I was his best picker and he couldn’t afford to lose me on the floor.”
I was speechless, what company would hold their own employees back from success?

Of course, there is much much more I could talk about..
I just pray that, those of you interested in this company, please take my review into consideration.
amazing workplace with options to take additional breaks if employee feels nessary
Sales Representative (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  North York, ONMay 22, 2016
its an amazing job for experience. they take very good care of you. everyone loves to help each other out. this company also gives you alot of options to climb up the ladder
Productive Enjoyable workplace
Cashier duties and customer service duties (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONJune 11, 2016
Management is kind and polite, I have no complaints. The job is enjoyable and there are nice people that work there. The most enjoyable part of the job is the work atmosphere
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Can be slow at times
Good first job
Sales & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ONAugust 19, 2015
Only good for a first job. Very little room for advancement for entry level employees. nothing else to say about best buy at this point
Pros
free lunches
Experience
Spécialiste du service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QCMarch 28, 2016
My work experience in Canada has been rewarding because I learned different techniques servcio customers has helped me improve my service every day

It is a good company to work.
Pros
nana
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 18, 2016
Best Buy was a good company to work for, however had a dramatic environment. The management was great at encouragement and I loved my job, however I had a very hard commute there causing me to end my time.
Pros
Good Management and Discount
Good Store environment
Senior Home Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJune 9, 2016
It is a retail job that requires retail hours and lots of hard work but Best buy is a company that gladly recognizes its employees and will give you plenty of opportunities to learn and grow within the company
Not a bad place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 31, 2016
Duties to follow
Learned about people, communicating, different products
Management is very helpful
co-workers are very informative
The hardest part is moving products from warehouse
The most enjoyable part is selling ofcourse
positive work environment
Electronics Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 11, 2016
Is a positive work environment where you get to interact with many different customers on a daily basis. You learn good customer service and retail knowledge as well as learning to meet sales goals.
Fun but hard work
Microsoft Consultant/ Geek Squad Agent (Former Employee) –  KingstonJune 27, 2016
Best buy was an extremely family oriented job and had a lot of pros and cons. Everyone worked fast paced and efficient to help one another
Pros
Fun and family oriented
Cons
Having to work holiday 14 hour shifts.
Good work experience
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 16, 2016
I feel as if I learned a lot working at Best Buy. In the beginning the mangers make sure that you have sufficient training in order to do your job efficiently. When you assigned a task its usually after a senior associate has made sure you know exactly what your doing. Overall it was a great place to work with a good atmosphere.
Fun Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 27, 2016
Fun Work Environment, Nice Staff, good discounts, always learning, good resources, and great atmosphere. I've learned a lot about sales and products. The hardest part of the job is just learning, learning, learning.
Exciting work environment
Specialist in smart phones and carrier plans (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 27, 2016
Talk to various potential customers on a daily basis. Interacting with team members to maximize productivity. Also regular training exercises to enhance performance.