Best Buy Employee Reviews

Fun fast paced atmosphere.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  CanadaMarch 30, 2016
Amazing company to work for, I would recommend it as a life long career company. Reasonable hours despite it being retail with amazing support staff to help you achieve your goals.
Grew Unenjoyable
Connected Solutions Senior/Apple Master (Former Employee) –  Warden and EglingtonSeptember 12, 2015
Started as a Part-Time associate. Worked quite hard to achieve high revenue and customer service. Lead Team of associates. Lead in Sales. Refused to consider raise or promotion without proper reasoning. Immature management staff
Best buy- geek squad
Geek squad member (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJanuary 17, 2016
The employees and management was amazing. I did co op for best buy then later got hired and it was a great learning experience in retail. I got hired for a short period of time but I would definitely re-apply.
Pros
management, customer service experience, job was enjoyable
Cons
Was only hired for temporary work
Fun place to work with lots of advancement opportunity
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande PrairieMay 9, 2015
Best Buy was my most successful job. I went from part time, to full time, to department leader, then to Sales Supervisor, all within a time period of two years. My only complaint about the job was the frequent management and staff changes. I find it difficult to evolve and create a healthy and successful work environment and culture when your leadership team is constantly changing. Besides that, it was the best job that I've ever had.
Pros
Lots of advancement opportunity
Cons
Lots of change with the company and management team
Great co-workers , not the best management
Service a la clientele (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 19, 2016
Its great working there , my co-workers are the best , the salary is 11$ without commission and they still pressure you to sell warranties , if you don't sell a lot , they remove hours from your shift which is horrible. If it wasn't for the people i work with i would have quitted a long time ago.
Pros
Best co-workers, fun enviroment
Cons
Hours, pay
Structure is needed to Maintain a fair workforce
Customer Service/Entertainment (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ONFebruary 4, 2016
I worked for Best Buy when it was Future Shop. I was there for 8 years. Upon my time there i was moved twice into different positions thus learning how to run most of the store. However, the way the staff was projected to strive for numbers instead of quality was concerning for me. It seemed that money was more important than the customers experience. I was overlooked on several occasions to move into sales as i was told that i'm "Operations material, not sales." I would have appreciated the chance yet it seem that you had to be friends with the manager for that to happen. Hardest part of my job was seeing how things were done with such difficulty when they really didn't need to be. I would find simplistic ways of completing the same task yet it was frowned upon. The only joy I had there was the people....some of them. Not the clicks.
Pros
Taking pride in my job
Cons
Everything else
Overall great work environment
Shipper/Receiver and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Best Buy was a great experience to me. I learned a lot and developed my teamwork skills. The management helped me through this process by continuous group projects. My co-workers and I got a long very well and together we completed tasks effectively and efficiently.
Supportive team with great teaching
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ONJuly 11, 2016
The days started out with a meeting and going over our goals. Everyone that worked there was very supportive and had a good team oriented mindset. Managers gave performance enhancing learning regularly to increase knowledge.
Pros
Teamwork and Support
Cons
it was fun and exciting, but difficult for me working for that company.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBAugust 9, 2016
I enjoyed my time at best buy, but i had a hard time being accepted by certain co-workers. I found it difficult to be part of that team.
Pros
Hours we're nice
Cons
One member of Management was condescending
future shop
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 19, 2016
I worked at the northside future shop and everybody there was related and/or friends. That the management picked favorites and made the rest of the employees feel uncomfortable and made the rest of the work space stressful
Supportive and effective team of workers. Try not to spend too much money in the food court.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ONMay 9, 2016
I find it very weird to come into a place and rate my success there off of how much other people want to spend their money. I will likely not have a future in sales. That being said, you are not on commission here so there is a lot less pressure to sell which is nice.
Pros
Good team communication
Productive learning experience
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONOctober 19, 2015
Taught me lessons in merchandising, inventory management and also customer service. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and managers and working towards the satisfaction of customers.
Pros
Free lunches every staff meeting
Cons
long hours during the holidays
decent workplace with low job security
Supervisor at Best buy Canada (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 14, 2015
It is a good company, especially if you are in school and are looking for a part time job. the management is decent and it is easy to move up in the company because they are always looking for people
Pros
easy promotion
Cons
bad job security
Working at Best Buy
Best Buy Mobile Lead (Former Employee) –  Weston and Highway 7October 19, 2015
Could be very demanding at times depending where we stood on the National Score Card. Learn about a lot of new tech coming to stores and also how to deal with customer issues and making sure they are taken care of. Management was fair and expected you to come to them with any concerns or ideas of improvement yo felt was needed. Co-workers were all easy going and fun to work with and made the job the most enjoyable. Hardest part of the job was trying to tackle a customer issue that wasn't going in the path you intended and when that happens I would team up with management to get a resolve.
Pros
Best Buy employee purchases on items and events
Cons
sometime longer than expected hours and unattainable goal expectations
Best Buy
Cashier/ Customer Service/ Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONAugust 8, 2016
Great company to work for a student. The hours are pretty flexible with school. As well, the staff are great, easy going. Management are great to work with.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
unpredictable hours
Worked here during the christmas break
Cashier/Computer Accessories sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2016
Worked here during the christmas break, learned a lot about customer service and a great place for your first job. Would definitely work again
It was an okay company to work for
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 11, 2016
I didn't like the management at the workplace because I found most of the managers to be very lazy. They didn't perform their best on a daily basis. So that demotivated other employees to do better.
Productive and fun workplace
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJune 7, 2016
The job is a really good place especially the management, however I have been trying to move to the sales floor for about a month now. I'm not planning on staying much longer as I want to move up and find a better job in my career field.
very cliquey
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABAugust 2, 2016
i was with the company for 3 years was great at first but could not take vacation time when needed due to big box politics and management. very much like high school when it comes to the cultre there
Always sometime new
Mobile Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ONAugust 29, 2016
Best Buy was fun because I was able to work with all types of electronics, from morning till night I could always find something to do and really helped me pass the time while working.