Best Buy
6,486 reviews

Best Buy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Merchandiser had an ok job.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONApril 30, 2015
Pros: Employee Discount
Job was ok, thought there was little tolerance for people who did not know what they were doing.

You stocked shelved, changed price tags and organized shelves.
Fast pace environment/ learn new things
Technician (Former Employee), BramptonApril 26, 2015
Pros: good work area
Cons: not enough pay
- Good place to work
- Friendly work environment
- most get a lot of work load done in a day
- always need to catch with new work load
Productive, light-hearted atmosphere
Geek Squad, Tech Support/Sales (Former Employee), Whitby, ONApril 21, 2015
It was an excellent opportunity to showcase my acquired LAN/WAN/PC knowledge. The management team was on par with what was expected of them. Provided an excellent staff room, complete with vending machines, coffee makers, tv. And free lunches were sometimes added as incentives to drive sales up.
Alright Job
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, AlbertaApril 16, 2015
Pros: Working with electronics, helping people
Cons: Getting heavy objects from heights, dealing with overstock
I did this job during the Christmas holiday in my grade 12 year. My job was to put stuff on to the shelves and keep them tidy and filled. My general manager is a good guy, funny and always feels like he – more... listens to us. My direct supervisor is a little more apathetic though. Not terrible person, does her job well, but not someone I feel who does not see a problem.

Most my days are spent in the backroom, and it is a mess in there. Its the holiday though, so I don't know it was like that all the time. Getting the printers off the top shelve was not the safest thing I feel was done. We have one of those giant step ladders/stairs that we use to get the top shelves with so we don't have to balance on those smaller ladders, still not comfortable trying to get a heavy object at that height. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Technical Officer (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 6, 2015
Reinstalling,testing and troubleshooting laptops,PCs,Macbook,ipods,ipad,CUSTOMER COMPLAIN HANDLING etc.Hardest part was to lift up the laptop boxes.Sometimes it was too heavy.
was a great place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), brampton, ontApril 1, 2015
enjoyed the people
contacted customers on repairs
managers were ok
rate of pays was good
the atmosphere was welcoming
had plenty of social functions at work including bbq, children christmas parties
very fun place
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 28, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: working in weekend
a typical day is viewing email and files
book meetings for employees and manage projects
I learnt how to organize projects and work with coworkers
most enjoyable part was food parties in end of each week
hardest part was to assign tasks to each worker
Enjoyable
Home Entertainment Specialist (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: fun, fast paced, never dull, good management
Cons: not enough training
Even though it was only a seasonal gig, I enjoyed working for the company. Management was kind, workers were helpful, and customers weren't overly rude. Not exactly a lot of training in terms of product – more... knowledge. If you don't know something, asking seems to bug the higher ups. You've gotta learn it on your own time, which is fine, but you might not learn it the way they want you too. Not everyone can sell, and there's no real teachings on how to communicate better with customers and talk them into the purchase. – less
its work
product handler (Former Employee), Brampton, OnMarch 16, 2015
General labor stuff. Pick up boxes, put down boxes. Move to another location do the same thing. If no work, hours was cut short and you go home. Not a lot of work.
Product and Fun place to work
General Manager (Former Employee), Nanaimo,BCMarch 13, 2015
Pros: epps, rrsp, employee discounts
Cons: long hours
A great group of management leaders with a great vision that has allowed the company to continue to excel in electronic industry while other companies have fallen. They will continue to be around when others wont. I learned how to manage people better while working at Best Buy. A place with great benefits, great discounts and RRSP/STOCK Options.
Sales and customer service
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMarch 6, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: performance based on sales
Good job to be in, gives you the opportunity to develop as an individual. I enjoy meeting and talking to new people, it allows your days to go by faster.
At Work
Team Lead (Current Employee), Langley, bcMarch 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches
A typical day of work, would be going to the warehouse, ensure Safety. Responsible for maintaining accuracy & Productivity, follow-up regular basis for short shipment & discrepancies and cordination and – more... supervision of staff.

My experience with Best Buy Canada, was amazing, between the fantastic coworkers and the overall atmosphere of the warehouse.

The company looked after it's employees and had monthly meetings to discuss any problems or issues with staff or even issues with the new sales and such. They made it a point to have weekly checklists and tried to keep their employees engaged as much as possible. I enjoyed working there, and had a positive experience all around. – less
high turn over
merch (Former Employee), ontarioFebruary 28, 2015
Low wages no job security minimum wage confluct of intrest between managers an employees. No social life scattered shifts
Productive fun place to work; with a game room
Material Handler (Forklift Operator) (Former Employee), Brampton, ontarioFebruary 26, 2015
Good place to work; Would've liked to be their longer.
Positive Work environment
In house training on Forklift machines
But its difficult to get full-time
Good place to work as a student with friendly staff.
Operations Senior (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 25, 2015
By the end of my time at Best Buy, I had worked there for a little over 2 years. My reason for leaving Best Buy was because I got accepted into school that was 8 hours a day Monday through Friday. Best – more... Buy was a good place to work, I met a lot of great people who have become good friends of mine, it was easy to manage while I was still in high school, and there was a lot of opportunity for advancement. I started as a cashier and worked my way up to becoming Operations Senior towards the end of my time - and had experienced different departments in between then. Overall, I did enjoy working there and made a decent amount of money for what I was doing and would recommend it to any person that is in the position I was in at the time. – less
good place to work easy to get along with management
Picker Pallet builder/rider (Former Employee), Pickering,ON.February 24, 2015
Pros: great people to work for and with
Cons: the temporary warehouse was not ventilated well enough
Very good management but was just a seasonal job and if the had a permanent warehouse in Pickering,ON. i would have would pursued a career there further.
Get to know new people through giving right service to the customers and have fun at the same time.
MULTI-CHANNEL SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 24, 2015
I answer phone calls about product inquiry, price checks, and deals with in-store reserve and pick-ups. I have learned on how to react with different kind of attitude from people and in how to meet their – more... needs. Managers are supportive and encouraging and always try to find a way for us to enjoy our work place. Same as with my co-workers, everyone supports and shows respect to each other. Never boring just being around them. The hardest part of my job is trying to please every customer, with high expectations from everyone else, and dealing with complicated customer issues. Though, the most enjoyable part of it is getting appreciated by satisfied customers at the end of the day and getting busy everyday and being able to interact with positive attitude towards new people and the rush of the pressure that pushes me to do better in every little mistakes I do every now and then. – less
Good working environment except for sales pressure
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: good management, fun staff, great discount
Cons: sales pressure, no commission or bonuses
Overall I've enjoyed working for Best Buy. Great management, and fun staff, however one thing I will say that drove me up the wall was the constant pressure to sell not only product but geek squad services – more... and protection plans. Sales associates are asked to be "sharks on the floor" as if we are on commission... This was especially annoying during the Christmas season. I'm a college student and I need money of course, and for the amount of work expected for the same hourly wage as a mall kiosk, I'd say a person is better off working at a small store than at Best Buy. The discounts are pretty wicked though. – less
Fun place to work
Customer Service and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Would get to work and immediately begin to help customers find the right product that they desire. If I wasn't with a customer I would handle inventory and stocks, also inspected merchandise for quality and quantity.
typical day at work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 11, 2015
i would greet all customers that came in to our store
answer all there questions and help them as much as i could.
the management however could have been better
i was never informed about my schedule
when i would ask they would say we are printing a new one but it never had my name on it

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances – Read more