Best Buy Employee Reviews

Positive and fun place to work!
Geeksquad (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 October 2016
Perfect place to work, lots of support and very friendly environment. I highly recommend Bestbuy for employment. Professional and very well maintained
Pros
Friendly
Warehouse Workplace
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB15 March 2016
A typical day at work depending on the day is pretty busy, always work to be done, on Wednesdays and Thursdays those are our truck days so there is lots of work to be done.

I learned to always keep an open mind because no work day is repeated there is always something different to do everyday

Management is good at what they do, i have nothing bad to say

the hardest part about my job is trying to get everyone on the same page and do the same amount of work, there is always at least 1 or 2 people in every department who do not want to do the work required and that's frustrating for me

i enjoy almost every aspect of my job, i love doing plan-o-grams and putting up new demos, i like keeping the warehouse as clean as possible.
Pros
we get a 30 minutes lunch
Cons
only 71/2 hour shifts instead of the full 8 hours
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON19 October 2016
Really nice coworkers and management is always willing to assist each other! It's been a great place to learn and grow, but am needing something more
great place to work
Best Buy Mobile Manager (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL7 December 2016
I really enjoyed my time with Best Buy. They really care about their employees and if you exceed in your job duties, the opportunities for advancement are endless.
it was fun and exciting, but difficult for me working for that company.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB9 August 2016
I enjoyed my time at best buy, but i had a hard time being accepted by certain co-workers. I found it difficult to be part of that team.
Pros
Hours we're nice
Cons
One member of Management was condescending
Decent place to work
MCSA (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC7 February 2016
Probably my favorite place to work, due to me actively enjoying the tech industry and working in it. The management was great at first, but during the holiday season it obviously got a little worse, but you can't really complain about that. Overall great company, and if given the chance I'd love to work there again, as I was on a Seasonal Contract.
Pros
Food provided for holidays, benefits, great staff, excellent discounts
Cons
Holiday Season
Best Buy
Cashier/ Customer Service/ Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON8 August 2016
Great company to work for a student. The hours are pretty flexible with school. As well, the staff are great, easy going. Management are great to work with.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
unpredictable hours
Great part time job for students
Sales Represenative (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, IL16 August 2016
This is a great part time job for students who are interested in working with technology.

The pay was slightly above average, and the job culture was fun and upbeat.
Flexible job with a great supportive team
Product Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC8 March 2016
I've loved working at the Best Buy Chilliwack location. The management is sincerely interested in their employees and their long term goals and is flexible with positions, and hours.

The staff there is quite young (between late teens and mid twenties) but aside from a little gossip, the team works well together and are eager to spend time outside of work.

The most frustrating things mostly revolve around corporate communications or outdated fixtures and tools but from my experience the head office staff are very involved and aware of concerns and want to help. It just generally takes a while.

This store is ranked one of the highest in the company not only for sales and customer experience but also for staff satisfaction.
Pros
supportive management, flexible hours, fun staff
Cons
gossip
It was an okay company to work for
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 July 2016
I didn't like the management at the workplace because I found most of the managers to be very lazy. They didn't perform their best on a daily basis. So that demotivated other employees to do better.
Flexible and Honest Work Environment
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 March 2016
I learned more interpersonal and communication skills being a part of the Best Buy community. I enjoyed the benefits and the work/life balance.
Pros
Discounts
Productive Enjoyable workplace
Cashier duties and customer service duties (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON11 June 2016
Management is kind and polite, I have no complaints. The job is enjoyable and there are nice people that work there. The most enjoyable part of the job is the work atmosphere
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Can be slow at times
Bestbuy Warehoure
Bestbuy Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC20 February 2016
-A typical day of work consisted of lifting objects which vary in weight, organizing, and putting them away to their designated area.

-What I learned from the job is that safety is the most important thing along with productivity.

-Management was very understanding and straight forward regarding to having a flexible schedule and with what they expected from you as an employee. Co-workers were also very helpful and enjoyable to be around.

-Hardest part of the job would be doing tasks efficiently as there are many products to be separated so it can be difficult to do under a certain amount of time. Meanwhile the most enjoyable part of the job would be working with other people because having someone to work with made it feel like you weren't at work.
Pros
Great cafeteria, accessible parking, Great working atmosphere
Cons
Early shifts
Great Work Environment
Connected Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 March 2016
Best buy is a great place to work, mainly because of the environment you are working in. The people who work their are great and easy to get along with and the sales floor offers the ability to increase your customer service as well as communication skills as there are constant opportunities to talk with the general public as well as your cooworkers. Management is great as well, they are friendly, and motivational offering up their knowledge and experience on a daily basis to help their staff succeed in monthly goals as well as other goals the individual may have.
Ok most of the time
Lachenaie Technicien (Current Employee) –  Lachenaie, QC18 June 2016
Most of the time , the work is fun and the people you work with are nice but the management team can't do most of their job properly and there's place to injustice
Corrupt!
PPA (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 February 2016
This company is so corrupt it's not even funny! I would assume the other location is the same way, but when I started working at Best Buy, it was fast, easy, and great communication. I started on cash, then I got moved to another location for PPA team, turns out this place was run by foreigners and once I started working at this location, they laid me off for no reason!

The management is so evil, when I got moved to that location, there were very few Canadian citizen workers, most of the employees I talked to were specifically from India area, none of them spoke English or any at all.

In addition to the lay off, a supervisor told me he got laid off shortly after I did. I love this company, I hate the people who work there!
Pros
Tech lovers will enjoy working here as much as I did
Cons
Beware who's managing your location...
Not a bad place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK31 May 2016
Duties to follow
Learned about people, communicating, different products
Management is very helpful
co-workers are very informative
The hardest part is moving products from warehouse
The most enjoyable part is selling ofcourse
could have been worse
Product Processing Specialist/loss prevention (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 June 2016
I worked at bestbuy a while ago, it was an alright job, I made lots of friends at work and got along well with most of the management. I worked in the warehouse, which was enjoyable for me because I mostly worked nights, usually quite independently since most of the warehouse work was done in the morning. I spent a lot of time alphabetizing dvds, stocking product, and sometimes working the door, doing security. I found the work itself to be easy but not so mindless that I got really bored. One of the things I really didn't like was the way the management was set up, I found there to be way too many levels of management, supervisors, team leads, managers, assistant managers, its like they were trying really hard to make people feel important but it ended up being confusing and often kind of patronizing, I was lucky to work nights, when I did have a dayshift I often felt like I was being micromanaged, half the time by more than one person telling me to do different things and never really communicating with each other. The job culture was a little too aggressive for my liking as well, I remember being sick with a sore throat one saturday morning and getting yelled at in front of everybody because I didn't participate in the morning cheer (which I thought was kind of stupid anyway, to be honest). Lastly, I had a friend who worked in the future shop warehouse at around the same time, at future shop, the warehouse people wore plain black polo shirts so customers would know they weren't salespeople, but at bestbuy the only thing separating us from the salespeople was that we were  more... allowed to wear black pants. Obviously customers barely even noticed that and assumed we were salespeople, I was never trained in sales, I didn't want to do sales, and when they hired me I was open about the fact that I don't know very much about technology, but often when it was busy I was expected to do the job of a salesperson when asked for help by people, and I found that to be really stressful and unfair, especially considering they knew I was unable to give informed answers to majority of people's questions and they never bothered to give me any training in that regard.  less
Pros
Good co-workers, decent hours, easy work
Cons
Too much management, aggressive job culture, ruins christmas
Very good company to work for. Friendly environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON4 March 2016
Very good company to work for. Friendly environment. Felt very welcome and organized. Management was very good to us and make us want to work harder
Na
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 June 2016
Job - I like

I learned lot of technical and management skill

My co- workers are really helping

No Hard part, looking for new challenges