Best Buy Employee Reviews

Product Process = 4 hours per week
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 January 2017
I love the people at Best Buy, but for whatever reason, from Christmas 2016 on, the part-timers in Product Process only get 4 hours per week. 8 hours if you are lucky. Best Buy, how the heck am I supposed to pay my mortgage on that ??? I didn't even get any hours on Boxing Day !! How mind-boggling is that ??? On Boxing Day it's supposed to be "all hands on deck" with people working up to 12 hours if they want it. But I never got the chance to even participate ! If you want to work at Best Buy, work as a Cashier or at Ops, they're the ones who get the hours. Stay away from Product Process! In 2015 I was able to work 30 hours per week which kept me up to date on my mortgage, but not anymore! Forget you Best Buy Canada, I am gone and I am never going back !!!
Pros
Nice co-workers, getting good discounts on cables and batteries
Cons
4 hours per week.
very cliquey
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB2 August 2016
i was with the company for 3 years was great at first but could not take vacation time when needed due to big box politics and management. very much like high school when it comes to the cultre there
Part Time Best Buy
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 January 2017
Dealing with customer inquires about certain products.

Helping customers decide what TV or laptop will work for their need.

Management did a good job keeping the employees focused and pushing the pace to make quality sales.
Relaxed work atmosphere
Home Solutions Sales Senior (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2016
No pressure to meet sales targets, management team is supportive. Hardest part of the job has to be the busy seasons such as back to school and Christmas in dealing with a higher traffic of customers.
good place with great team
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Lasalle, QC15 February 2017
Good place to work, fun people to work with and the benefits are great (part-time and full time benefits). You get to really learn how to work as a team in both sales and non sales environments.
great
Sales associate(CS/HS) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2017
Fantastic workplace, great management, fun workplace. good hours, lots of fun co workers, great customers, and a good place for learning and gaining experience.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
N/A
Great team to work with and it was a great environment at my store!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2016
I was happy with my time at Best Buy. Our workdays as managers usually consisted of answering emails, making sure the computers and systems to sell phones were up and running, helping customers find their perfect mobile solution, and making sure the staff is performing their job duties in addition to coaching them to ensure they're constantly improving. I would say the hardest and most fulfilling part of the job, at my location at least, was dealing with the clientele. It was a great feeling once someone was able to get a phone, but getting them approved was a challenge.
Pros
Being in control of your store, being able to build a great team
Cons
The clientele at the mall I was at was not the most desirable
fun work place
Customer service in the tech department (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON2 February 2017
I had fun at best buy loved talking to customers but the management would never work whit the associate when it came to my hours
Customer Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 September 2016
The people are the best part about this job. This job completely relies on teamwork and communication. Hardest part of this job are the rushes and some management issues. Management issues completely depend on location. The major thing I learned while working there is to overcome your fears and develop excellent customer service skills.
Pros
The people
Fast paced, competitive, rewarding
Sales Associate / Gaming Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2016
A great place to work, honed my skills of sales and pushed me to reach new points. When you work hard they recognize it and reward you accordingly. Customer service was great as well
Pros
Good discount
Fun place to work. Great Management
Customer Service Representative-Full Time (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON13 October 2016
Great place to work. Fun upbeat environment. Management and staff were great! Great customer interactions. Was able to provide exceptional customer service.
Positive and fun place to work!
Geeksquad (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 October 2016
Perfect place to work, lots of support and very friendly environment. I highly recommend Bestbuy for employment. Professional and very well maintained
Pros
Friendly
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 February 2017
Management was great at coaching people with bad sales, and if you could not improve they would move you instead of firing you.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Sales criteria
great place to work
Best Buy Mobile Manager (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL7 December 2016
I really enjoyed my time with Best Buy. They really care about their employees and if you exceed in your job duties, the opportunities for advancement are endless.
Fun working environment
MCSA/ Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC5 January 2017
Overall good experience working there with great benefits and great staff. However, can be unorganized at times and stressful.
Enjoyable first job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS14 January 2017
During my seasonal position as a cashier at Best Buy I learned many key customer service strategies. It was my first job and I didn't know what was needed to ensure a customer was happy leaving a company or business. Best Buy helped show me ways and techniques to ensure my customer was happy with our services. After my few weeks of training I was able to serve my customer with ease, answer any questions they may have and ensure they left with a positive experience.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Seasonal
Amazing workplace culture and team building organization. Strives Sales Experts to step outside their boundaries and improve interpersonal skills.
Sales Expert (Home Solutions) (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON20 September 2016
BestBuy gives employees a vast amount of opportunities to understand the linguistics and skills needed in order to be a successful salesman, while at the same time promoting quality service to consumers. Managing staff are often competent and helpful with sales and product knowledge and can offer some great advice to improve productivity. The cultural atmosphere is welcoming but can seem challenging at first due to a results oriented nature of the departments, but once a employee gets used to the products and process, sales becomes less challenging.
Pros
Great working atmosphere, product discounts, technology knowledge to help products used at home.
Cons
Retail Hours, Weekend Shifts, Overflow of Consumers on holidays or events
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON19 October 2016
Really nice coworkers and management is always willing to assist each other! It's been a great place to learn and grow, but am needing something more
good start for learning marketing
Manager or senior of connected solution section (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 January 2016
Bestbuy is a really good place and i really enjoy working there. Its very fun and very productive. a place that you always learn something new from it. full of challenges which i really like. full of pressure but and stress which might make you mad but at least its not boring most of the times. I've learned so much in bestbuy especially in electronics section. Management part was one of the challenges that I had. at start i made some mistakes but i learned from it and and from now on i know how to face to problems and i think out of 10 i give my self 8.5. Still so many things to learn but I'm doing good.
The hardest part of this job to keep up sale and services in the dead and busy time of the store. the thing is when the store is dead we have good numbers on services but not in sales and in busy time is vice verse. Our job is too balance the numbers.
Pros
employ discounts
Cons
salary
Best Buy Canada warehouse.
reach truck and MHE operator clamps , forks (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 January 2017
Love working at Bestbuy , been there as a permanent part-time associate since 2008 . no issues at all. I have recommended many others to work for best buy as well and they love it too. they give complimentary lunches and the places is clean and vary muti cultural. and the training of equipment and other departments is open to anyone willing to learn . Fantastic company . the pay is Amazing .