Best Buy
6,013 reviews

Best Buy Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place to work, met alot of amazing people for long friendships
merchandising/loss prevention (Former Employee), Best BuyJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: discount on technology
A typical day at work would be starting at 6am sometime 4 or 5 depending on the duties for the day we would come in earlier. We would start by printing off the new price tags for the day that would take about 2-3 hours from printing to put out. After that we would do a missing tag walk to replace the price tags that were taken off from the day before. Then we would schedule shifts for up front which would be for Loss and prevention and greeting customers as they came in.during that time we would get in the truck which is usually about 7-10 pallets of product to be sorted and put out at during or end of the shift.
I got along with everyone at the store. The most enjoyable part of the job was the employees, if you wanted to talk about a issue it was a open door .
Excellent environment, friendly staff, decent wages
Home Theater Specialist (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere, excellent staff, fun environment
Cons: poor scheduling that ultimately lead to my having to find other employment
I loved my time at Best Buy. The staff was excellent and there was always room for advancement and regular salary increases based on performance. I gained a lot of knowledge of the field that I was in when I worked there and I met a lot of great people. The biggest downside was when I had an illness in the family and specifically requested certain hours off to help take care of my family member and they acquiesced but did not follow through. It was as if they hadn't marked anything down and it got to a point where I was getting 25-30 hours per week but could only work a single 5-7 hour shift out of those hours. I would be scheduled during times I had requested off and when I'd say I could come in at 1pm for example instead of 10am, they would just say that it was okay and they didn't need me to come in that day, so I'd lose a lot of shifts.
Amazing work place
Shipper & Receiver (Former Employee), Langley BCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great hours
Everything was explained and well organized and management was amazing, everything was excellent hours were flexible, employees were all very helpful. Management was understanding if you had school, offered over time when over time was available, was enjoyable to work with friends and help everyone out
non productive and negative energy atmosphere.
Mobile Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 20, 2015
Cons: long hours
Some co-workers are very nice and respectable, and others are just there. Management was stuck up, scoffed at ideas, and often didn't encourage coworker communication. And played favorites.
Great people
Product process (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 19, 2015
The work its self wasn't hard or complicated and the learning curve is easy management could get worked up over stupid things and often would be a little oppressive and there was definite favoritism towards some employees. the hardest part of the job was probably that it was expected to be the most important part of your life and that everything else was less important or not important. the most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the people you work with you will meat some interesting characters
exceptional staff, great place to work
Assisting customers (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJanuary 16, 2015
this place is amazing to work for!

During the morning meetings, if time allows, games are played to boost crew moral and bring a more exciting atmosphere

It's sometimes a lil slow, but theres always someones to help
Productive fun workplace with Ps4 and xbox
Material Handler (Forklift Operator) (Former Employee), Airport.rd BramptonJanuary 11, 2015
Productive fun workplace with Ps4 and xbox, Cafeteria with a cook. Great people great cleaned warehouse with great people.
Easy non-commission work
Sales tech (Former Employee), south common edmontonJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: good friendly enviroment, fun work
Cons: very very low wage on the basis of work/knowledge/labour ratio
its a good place to work at for students,as being non-commission; customers have no pressure of getting one particular system. Managers are great, work is easy (at the entry level), its all customer service plus product knowledge but sometimes we have to sell our services along with the product and being honest it is some kind of pressure that our managers give us to sell "His" commission based services out of which we get nothing.
Having Fun While Being the Best
MOBILE MANAGER (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: nice employee discuounts
Cons: na
• Managing a 40 Million Dollar Big Box Store in down town Toronto / Mississauga with 150 + employees
• Achieving a goal of 42.5 Million sales for FY14, and 40 Million for FY 13, One of the highest in Canada.
• Directed and coordinated all aspects of daily store operations with focus on sales, marketing, merchandising, safety, regulatory compliance and leadership
• Administered corporate budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency
• Store P & L Management-( Minimizing write off/bad debt)
• Evaluated financial statements, sales reports, and other performance data to measure goal achievement as well as to determine areas needing cost reduction and area of improvement
• Worked closely with the district/regional/store teams on implementation of new programs/initiatives and ensure standard operating procedures ( SOPs) are executed.
• Adhered strict compliance with corporate policies, procedures, and regulations toward fulfillment of corporate goals and objectives
• Executed company sales and marketing strategy and provided customer insights to future strategy.
• Provide direction, manage team, performance management and development of store staff to ensure SOP execution and achievement of store financial and people development goals.
• Conducts regular store meetings, hire staff, train staff and schedule labor.
• Assist in customer retention goals by mentoring and developing BBY Mobile employee
• Co-ordinates relationships with in the store to create and maintain a team based co-operative work environment.
• Worked with District store Manager to achieve specific goals
• Teach out Leadership Training programs include / bold, boost, Team meeting, badge,
• Analyzed store's performance indicators against goals and developed plans to improve underachieving areas
productive and fun workplace.
high school mentor (Former Employee), winnipeg, MBJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
fun working environment.
great management.
nice co-workers.
the hardest part of job was that i had to stand for long hours and multitask.
most enjoyable part was free lunches and nice co-workers.
i learned to handle cash well and multitask.
PRODUCTIVE
SALES (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCDecember 26, 2014
Identified prospective customers using lead generating methods (CRM). Delivered excellent customer service by greeting and assisting each customer.
Working in a friendly environment with people who want to succeed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New Westminster, British ColumbiaDecember 8, 2014
Working at Best Buy was a lot of fun. Everyday interacting with new people was exciting because you get to learn about what people are into and what products they enjoy having. Working with team members who want to motivate and succeed was always amazing because they pushed you to be your best.
Best Buy was an enjoyable place to work because of task variety and co-worker atmosphere.
Spécialiste de la gestion des produits (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCNovember 24, 2014
A typical day working at best buy involved processing inventory in the warehouse, moving it to the floor and ensuring that inventory levels were secure. I learned many aspects of the inventory and customer service side of companies as well as the cost benefits of certain products.

The most enjoyable part of the job involved the variety in tasks during any given shift that needed to be performed as well as the atmosphere between the co-workers.
fun while being the best
volunteer at Torbram pharmacy for three month (Former Employee), brampton ,ontarioNovember 11, 2014
the most enjoyable part of my job was driving Raymond reach machine and walkie.
Flexible schedule and friendly workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2014
Flexible schedule, kind and friendly work place.
Depending on the season, it's a fast and busy environment to work.
OK
Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABOctober 23, 2014
glad for the opportunity, not very friendly people. have their own groups
Excellent company to gain valuable skills in
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2014
Not only did I have a great time, but what I learned in the process was invaluable. I owe much of my customer service and skills training to this place, as well as product/inventory knowledge and duties relating from warehouse to front display.
Productive, team driven work with great management
Digital Imaging Specialist (Former Employee), Coquitlam, British ColumbiaOctober 2, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere, team environment
Cons: no commission
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. It had great management, a team driven work environment, and a productive atmosphere. I learned a lot about sales and working with a team towards a goal. The hardest part of my job would have been standing for 8 hours at a time, and selling without making any commission. Unfortunatly the store I was working at had a very large amount of hours cut towards the end of my time there, and that is why I left the company.
fun
Supervisor (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 30, 2014
Fun place to work, people are great. good part time work while in school.
Very good company
Geek Squad City IT Technician/Tester (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: seasonal
Got a chance to learn lots of new things. great company to work for. It is really big and expanding company

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances – Read more