Best Buy Employee Reviews

Good place to start
many positions including management (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 February 2018
As your average consumer you may want to work at places that you have shopped at. Overall the place here is good to start and it may become a good place to do your career. Think it over ... it is retail equals no Christmas since you will spending at stores.
Pros
good culture
Cons
time input to get anywhere
Having fun while being the best!
Infrastructure Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC31 January 2018
Best workplace! the whole company is one big family.

Career advancements are possible, although you need to have the drive and keep sticking your hand up for roles.

I only left due to my visa expiring, new baby due and my wife wanted to be closer to family.
Pros
Lunch cafeteria, discounts, family feeling
Cons
Christmas and new years are not an option as they are the peak sales periods.
Amazing staff to work with
Mobile specialist & Hiring Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 January 2018
Fun place to work at. Best Buy has given me many opportunities and allowed me to become comfortable in talking to everyone.
Management are easy to worth with and are there to give a helping hand.

Enjoyable place to work at.
Pros
Outgoing staff
Cons
Hours have been cut due to slow season
Great workplace with many staff amenities and support
Mobile Full-time (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 January 2018
Standard retail position, worked within mobile department supporting lead. Tasks varied on a day to day basis, with a big emphasis on increasing growth and maximizing sales.
Best Buy is a great place to work at, with good management
Customer Service Representative & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB29 January 2018
There is great sales training-when competing with the largest online retailers, you must be able to have top-notch sales training, and Best Buy does a great job; awesome managers who help you succeed at your job; and great benefits. Also, I like the independence you get- the managers are not micromanagers ( constantly breathing down your neck).
Pros
Great atmosphere, Flexible schedule
Cons
Standing up for a long period of time, Not commission based
An amazing and friendly work environment made for all types of people.
Connected Solutions Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON29 January 2018
Through my time currently working at Best Buy, I have had nothing but great things to say about my employer. All of my co-workers are very well rounded and accepting to new-comers as well as veterans to the store. When I first started I was given adequate time to learn the store as well as their processes in the workplace, I never felt rushed in any scenario in which i had to learn a new skill. Management is extremely understanding towards personal life as well as in the workplace. Overall my current employer has been one of the greatest experiences in a workplace.
Pros
Understanding Workplace, Great Co-workers, Flexible Hours
Cons
Short Lunches, Occasional Lack of Shifts
best business ever!
Diapatcher/ Delivery/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON27 January 2018
we sign a confidentiality clause.

in order for me to write an adequate review I would be in breach of confidentiality. this needs to be addressed. in order to job hunt we need to post reviews of our previous employers?
It was ok
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 January 2018
I would go into work and get my clients that I had for the day and go to house to house servicing or installing their equipment they had purchased for the store. Management staff was hard to work with buy giving jobs that couldn't be done or would go into overtime and they didn't want to pay overtime.
I did enjoy the new computer and installation skills that I learned while I was their and also the friendships I have made their.
Pros
good team work
Cons
management
fun place to work, better for people without a family. very poor work life balance
Sales Manager (Appliances) (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 January 2018
very poor work/life balance. better suited for people that do not have a family. long hours expected daily for management as well as coming in on days off
It Was Okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON26 January 2018
Pretty much what you expect from a minimum wage job. Hours are all over the place, pay is slightly higher than minimum wage. Email collection is very irritating.
Pros
employee events sometimes
Cons
very real glass ceiling for pay
Fun workplace
Sales Expert (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 January 2018
Great for a part time job while attending school. Good exposure to technology. No commissions enable the customer to be trusting of the salesman. Sales training is also good.
Pros
exposure to technology
Cons
growth
Great!
Product Process Specialist Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 January 2018
Loved working there had a great experience although it was only seasonal. I would love to go back if given the opportunity. Initial I was nervous working for a big box store but it was fun.
fun work environment
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON25 January 2018
everyone was great and worked as a team !
team work is a big thing for me when it comes to looking for a job or even walking into the work place. you feel happy right away!.
Pros
amazing staff
Cons
non
Great coworkers; seasonal position
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON24 January 2018
I was hired as a seasonal sales associate in the Home Solutions department. My main role in the team was to sell televisions, but I also connected with customers, listened and tried to troubleshoot their problems, and in general bring them up to date with the rapidly-changing tech industry.

Highlights of my time working for Best Buy Canada were my coworkers, the work environment, employee discount and flexible hours.

Lowlights were the seasonal nature, the high-stress customers, and the pay.

Overall a great work experience. Awesome coworkers, cool products and a great sense of satisfaction helping solve problems.
Pros
Awesome coworkers, cool products, employee discount, great work environment
Cons
Seasonal employment, high-stress moments especially around holidays, mediocre pay
A fun place to work.
Senior/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON24 January 2018
Best Buy is a great place with a friendly work environment, as well as great perks/benefits. It has great training as well as potential to move up in the retail world.
Fun place to work
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 January 2018
Great staff, management, organizational structure. There are plenty of opportunities to advance yourself within the company. Great benefits, hours are standard,
Pros
work environment, hours, management, co-workers
Cons
base pay
Productive Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON23 January 2018
Working at the Best Buy Ancaster, was a pretty good place to work at. I was there only for seasonal so it was definitely always busy and made time pass by quickly. I did enjoy working there and the management team and employees were very great and fun to work with.
Great job post high school
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 January 2018
I liked working here I got a lot from working in a sales environment with a lot of great like minded people. I loved the discounts. Working Black Friday was insane but still a lot of fun.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Late closes
Fun productive workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 January 2018
A typical day of work would be helping any customers coming in with either finding a product or assisting with a product. It's a fun learning environment with a lot opportunities and chances to learn new things.
Pros
Certain discounts on certain items.
Its ok
Apple Master Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 January 2018
Its good place to start your sale career.
Use as a good stepping stone into sale world and you can have chance to get promoted or bumped to corporate.
Pros
Discount, growth
Cons
hour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

55.4K