Best Buy Employee Reviews

great and fun place to work at
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 April 2017
best buy have been great to me ever since I've work here hours is very flexible which i needed because of school. everyone in my workplace is very approachable and communication is key within our store.
Great place. Good teams and work life balance
Reverse Logistics (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 April 2017
Good place to work. Great diversity in people and fun. Good management with leadership. Safe clean environment to work. Cafeteria inside with hot meals. Great for tecky people who like seeing latest products.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Warehouse
Great coworkers
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 April 2017
The best part of working for Best Buy is definitely the people you work with. Coworkers are great, usually college students, all fun and around the same age. Best Buy is a little too corporate for my taste (they would rather you lie in order to sell door crasher deals than tell the truth and recommend other products). They were also incredibly pushy in meeting sales goals and did not take into consideration what department you were put in (eg., they would put the only two female sales associates in the Wearables department and say "Sell $850 worth of FitBits today" in the middle of November, and put all the male associates in Laptops and give them a goal of $850 - easily one laptop's price). There are three different departments, with a manager and supervisor for each, and a General Manager. None of these managers seem to communicate with each other, as they are all on different pages. My biggest complaint would be that after the Christmas season, I was told by my sales supervisor that my seasonal contract was over and then I was offered a permanent position as a full-time sales associate. BUT a few hours later, I was told that my contract was over and my last shift would be the next day by a DIFFERENT manager. This is incredibly unprofessional, there is ZERO communication among the three different departments and the management tiers. This is NOT how you run a business. Overall, if it weren't for the great friends I made at this job, I would give this experience a lower rating. If you have no problem lying to people over expensive products that they have to save money for,  more... then this is the job for you. If you have morals and don't enjoy selling people things that aren't what they are looking for in order to meet a goal, move on to something else.  less
Pros
Great coworkers and decent discounts on ACCESSORIES (earbuds, wires, phone cases), 50% off your phone bill if you sign up under Best Buy plans
Cons
Unorganized management, ridiculous sales goals, horrible discount on consoles, laptops etc
Working at Best Buy.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 March 2017
one of my first Jobs, working at Best Buy was very fun. if you are good at Sales and are good with people than this is the place for you. very friendly people and a good work environment.
Fun workplace
Cashier, MCSA, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 March 2017
All employees are well taken care of along with the customers within the store. The managers are easy going and provide everyone with the equal amount of respect. Everyone is loved and taken care of and also an amazing workplace to work and gain various types of experience both with people and departments within the store but also the customers.
Safe and comfortable work environment.
Customer Service Representative and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON30 March 2017
I enjoyed working for this company due to the friendly and safe working environment. Good, approachable management made this job a great learning experience and I made many friends with co-workers. I would defiantly work for this company again.
Pros
friendly and comfortable work enviornment
Cons
not enough hours
Great work experience
member of the Product Process team (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON30 March 2017
With friendly staff and co workers I can easily recommend Best Buy to anyone looking for a job associated with electronics. work is easy and manageable and provides constant learning opportunities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2017
-Very Busy
-Talking/helping customers
-Organized
-Stress Free
-Friendly environment
-Hardest part is making sure customer gets exactly what they need and looking for
productive workplace
Media Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 March 2017
I help build the red deer best buy and it was a great place to work i was in charge of the media part and loved working there and seeing all the new games and moives.
Pros
people lunch
Cons
long ours
All about the employee discount
Digital Audio Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 March 2017
Depending on who your Store Manager is, you can have the best time of your life, or the worst.

Either way, once you get in, the employee discount will be the reason why you're staying
Pros
employee discount
Cons
management
productive fun place with nice management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 March 2017
excellent place to work in the city. i enjoyed working there under best management/supervisors and i i learnt alot from them. thank for giving me such opportunity which is life learning experience.
Fun Positive Atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 March 2017
Great place to work! Friendly atmosphere, great co workers! Team oriented! Learned valuable skills, hardest part about the position was the hours for seasonal!
Pros
Great management and teams
Cons
Seasonal Position Cut Off Notice
Good work environment
Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 March 2017
Always surrounded by great people as your coworkers but the job can be stressful. Also can be tough to get the schedule you request for. A lot of overtime hours needed.
Cons
very productive workplace but very fun
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC23 March 2017
A typical work day was pretty uniform actually, you get your order and you go through the warehouse creating the order organizing the merchandise on the skids. Then you drop your orders off at the designated bay/port, we also had to some product which would need to be organized since it was picked up in bulk and then moved to the correct bays. A big thing I learned at Best Buy was whether you do your job correctly and efficiently effects everyone in the warehouse so you going slow or making mistakes had an impact everyone in the warehouse and even the stores themselves, so working in a team was a big deal. the workplace was a great environment everyone was friendly you worked with many different people in the warehouse, there was always work but there were days where there was tons of work so you did need to be very fast pace at times. What I liked most about the job was that everyone worked together and communicated.
Pros
good pay, cafeteria, Foosball, video-games
Cons
seasonal work
Fun environment to work in
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2017
Great company to work for, mainly because of the team as well as management.

Only downside was some employees felt they were not getting compensated for the work they would put in. An example would be a few of my old coworkers reaching the number one sales position in CANADA but would get a 20 cents raise.

Another problem would be the way scheduling was handled. We would only get our next weeks schedule a few days in advance... planning a social life around this was very difficult especially since they wanted you to book days off at least 2 weeks prior...
Pros
Very fun environment
Cons
Bad scheduling
Its a fun enviroment but not reliable for hours
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 March 2017
It was very fun considering that I am 18 and love electronics, but for someone looking for consistent work or full time work it is not the best. Overall its fun for part time but not very reliable.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Management was poor
Fun experience
Seasonal Gaming Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 March 2017
I was given the chance to try my hand at video game retail sales when I landed a seasonal job at Best Buy as a Gaming Specialist. It was such a fun job, great people to work with, great managers, wish I could've gotten a part time or full time position.
you got to work with great eqipment
Sales and Lead Home Theater Installer (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB20 March 2017
i installed tvs sound systems and set up home theaters and taught the customer how to run their new system and set up the computers and phones to their new system as well as setting up the internet.
Pros
got to work with the newest flat screens
Cons
got let go because of store cuts
High turnover
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC17 March 2017
Company does not care about tenure or the level of experience on brings to the table, but rather how little can they pay you and keep you under their thumb so you will not outshine higher levels of management.
A challenging and social workplace.
Multi-Media and Home Theatre Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 March 2017
This is a place with new challenges to be met by every single customer. Never a dull moment with such amazing staff and customers. It also is a very entertaining position because you get to see the newest technologies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval