Best Buy Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Bestbuy Warehoure
Bestbuy Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Langley, BCFebruary 20, 2016
Pros: Great cafeteria, accessible parking, Great working atmosphere
Cons: Early shifts
-A typical day of work consisted of lifting objects which vary in weight, organizing, and putting them away to their designated area.

-What I learned from the job is that safety is the most important thing along with productivity.

-Management was very understanding and straight forward regarding to having a flexible schedule and with what they expected from you as an employee. Co-workers were also very helpful and enjoyable to be around.

-Hardest part of the job would be doing tasks efficiently as there are many products to be separated so it can be difficult to do under a certain amount of time. Meanwhile the most enjoyable part of the job would be working with other people because having someone to work with made it feel like you weren't at work.
nice place to work
part-time cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 16, 2016
it has not been long since I started working here, but I have been liking it so far. Co-workers have been nice and store management has been helpful.
Good work experience
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 16, 2016
I feel as if I learned a lot working at Best Buy. In the beginning the mangers make sure that you have sufficient training in order to do your job efficiently. When you assigned a task its usually after a senior associate has made sure you know exactly what your doing. Overall it was a great place to work with a good atmosphere.
Corrupt!
PPA (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 16, 2016
Pros: Tech lovers will enjoy working here as much as I did
Cons: Beware who's managing your location...
This company is so corrupt it's not even funny! I would assume the other location is the same way, but when I started working at Best Buy, it was fast, easy, and great communication. I started on cash, then I got moved to another location for PPA team, turns out this place was run by foreigners and once I started working at this location, they laid me off for no reason!

The management is so evil, when I got moved to that location, there were very few Canadian citizen workers, most of the employees I talked to were specifically from India area, none of them spoke English or any at all.

In addition to the lay off, a supervisor told me he got laid off shortly after I did. I love this company, I hate the people who work there!
Great Workplace
Home Solution Specialist (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Pros: Amazing discount on some things
Cons: Slow season so not much customer interaction on floor
Best Buy is a great workplace with a fun and exciting environment. Being able to educate customers on reliable products is amazing. Managers and other employees all try their best.
stressful
part-time Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 9, 2016
never apply there. your efforts are not respected. you are just another tool that the company uses for business and nothing more than that.
Decent place to work
MCSA (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: Food provided for holidays, benefits, great staff, excellent discounts
Cons: Holiday Season
Probably my favorite place to work, due to me actively enjoying the tech industry and working in it. The management was great at first, but during the holiday season it obviously got a little worse, but you can't really complain about that. Overall great company, and if given the chance I'd love to work there again, as I was on a Seasonal Contract.
Really Fun work environment
Ex Sell Merketing (Current Employee), Surrey, BCFebruary 7, 2016
they are Very nice and coopoerative and understanding with great pay and awesome work team meet new people by traveling around
Structure is needed to Maintain a fair workforce
Customer Service/Entertainment (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: Taking pride in my job
Cons: Everything else
I worked for Best Buy when it was Future Shop. I was there for 8 years. Upon my time there i was moved twice into different positions thus learning how to run most of the store. However, the way the staff was projected to strive for numbers instead of quality was concerning for me. It seemed that money was more important than the customers experience. I was overlooked on several occasions to move into sales as i was told that i'm "Operations material, not sales." I would have appreciated the chance yet it seem that you had to be friends with the manager for that to happen. Hardest part of my job was seeing how things were done with such difficulty when they really didn't need to be. I would find simplistic ways of completing the same task yet it was frowned upon. The only joy I had there was the people....some of them. Not the clicks.
People person and supar sales man
Sales Manager (Former Employee), SKFebruary 3, 2016
If you think you can built report with customers and are able to sell products and are will to achieve out standing results this is the place for you.
Lots of great people
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: People
Cons: Poor training
The people I worked with were wonderful and it made it enjoyable to go to work. The hardest part of the job was knowing what I was supposed to do on a daily basis as the training was not very good. I enjoyed my position there and the physical aspects that came with the duties that I had.
Overall great work environment
Shipper/Receiver and Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Best Buy was a great experience to me. I learned a lot and developed my teamwork skills. The management helped me through this process by continuous group projects. My co-workers and I got a long very well and together we completed tasks effectively and efficiently.
Very kind and warm working environment.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Ottawa West, ONJanuary 31, 2016
Pros: Fun engaging with everyone and working as a team to meet goals.
Cons: No commission.
Loved my time at BestBuy, managers and co-workers were all kind and caring people. Really enjoyed coming into work everyday.
The best Hub ever
Mobile Specialist (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: HUB, people, management
Cons: minimum wage
Great place to work overall, people are amazing, everyone will speak up if there is any issues.
Looked forward to going to work everyday.
friendly and comfortable job environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: free lunch
I am new to Canada and my friend job in Canada is Customer Service Representative in Best Buy .

This job saw to deal with the customers and to handle their problem with the products or questions regarding our Services.This job gave me experience dealing with different customers.

I enjoyed working in situations which are with different customers and with helping co-workers and understandable seniors and managers.
Friendly Environment
Connection Solution Specialist (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: No
Cons: Yes
Fun place to work great people , staff, management, Just wish is wasn't seasonal and paid better. Great experience though
good start for learning marketing
Manager or senior of connected solution section (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: employ discounts
Cons: salary
Bestbuy is a really good place and i really enjoy working there. Its very fun and very productive. a place that you always learn something new from it. full of challenges which i really like. full of pressure but and stress which might make you mad but at least its not boring most of the times. I've learned so much in bestbuy especially in electronics section. Management part was one of the challenges that I had. at start i made some mistakes but i learned from it and and from now on i know how to face to problems and i think out of 10 i give my self 8.5. Still so many things to learn but I'm doing good.
The hardest part of this job to keep up sale and services in the dead and busy time of the store. the thing is when the store is dead we have good numbers on services but not in sales and in busy time is vice verse. Our job is too balance the numbers.
every job has it's pros and cons
Sales (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2016
Pros : its very positive environment.. management are always concerned about your experience and concerns
cons : leadership aren't consistent
future shop
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 19, 2016
I worked at the northside future shop and everybody there was related and/or friends. That the management picked favorites and made the rest of the employees feel uncomfortable and made the rest of the work space stressful
Great co-workers , not the best management
Service a la clientele (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: Best co-workers, fun enviroment
Cons: Hours, pay
Its great working there , my co-workers are the best , the salary is 11$ without commission and they still pressure you to sell warranties , if you don't sell a lot , they remove hours from your shift which is horrible. If it wasn't for the people i work with i would have quitted a long time ago.
Links