Best Buy Employee Reviews in Canada

Supportive and effective team of workers. Try not to spend too much money in the food court.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ONMay 9, 2016
I find it very weird to come into a place and rate my success there off of how much other people want to spend their money. I will likely not have a future in sales. That being said, you are not on commission here so there is a lot less pressure to sell which is nice.
Pros
Good team communication
Supportive team with great teaching
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ONJuly 11, 2016
The days started out with a meeting and going over our goals. Everyone that worked there was very supportive and had a good team oriented mindset. Managers gave performance enhancing learning regularly to increase knowledge.
Pros
Teamwork and Support
Monotonous environment
Connected Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONMarch 14, 2016
Everyone is seated doing the qork required of them. Friendly co-workers and efficient environment. Management was great and friendly; listened to employees. Difficulties arose when a lot of samples were delivered and they had to be examined in a timely manner.
it was fun and exciting, but difficult for me working for that company.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBAugust 9, 2016
I enjoyed my time at best buy, but i had a hard time being accepted by certain co-workers. I found it difficult to be part of that team.
Pros
Hours we're nice
Cons
One member of Management was condescending
Fun and engaging with current technologies
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLNovember 24, 2015
Typical day at work is talking to customers and narrow down the solution that best fits their lifestyle.

Learned how to demonstrate features of products, listen to a customer's needs and recomment the best solution for the customer.

Management is very helpful in teaching staff communication skills and tools required to deliver the best customer service.

The hardest part of the job is working around during the christmas season since the traffic flow is much higher.

The enjoyable part is when it's a fast paced environment, it pushes you to apply everything you learned to be able to help as many customers with top notch service
Pros
Keeping up with current technologies
Cons
Sporadic hours
Perfect place to be a more mature individual while having fun at work
QC H4N 3K1 (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 9, 2016
BestBuy is a company that teaches you, not only to sell products and attach warranties or geek squad, they teach you how to behave in any scenario with any customer and to get the job done ethically.
It is a very good place to start off from the bottom and there are possibilities to grow in the company if you are willing to put the effort into it.
Fun fast paced atmosphere.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  CanadaMarch 30, 2016
Amazing company to work for, I would recommend it as a life long career company. Reasonable hours despite it being retail with amazing support staff to help you achieve your goals.
Trying but enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 8, 2016
Presented and sold products while striving to add on to the sale such as accessories, product protection plans and in home installations.

This being my first position in sales, management really helped me to grow as an individual and honed my skills with customer interaction.
Productive and fun workplace
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJune 7, 2016
The job is a really good place especially the management, however I have been trying to move to the sales floor for about a month now. I'm not planning on staying much longer as I want to move up and find a better job in my career field.
Pros
Excellent environment, friendly staff, decent wages
Home Theater Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCJanuary 23, 2015
I loved my time at Best Buy. The staff was excellent and there was always room for advancement and regular salary increases based on performance. I gained a lot of knowledge of the field that I was in when I worked there and I met a lot of great people. The biggest downside was when I had an illness in the family and specifically requested certain hours off to help take care of my family member and they acquiesced but did not follow through. It was as if they hadn't marked anything down and it got to a point where I was getting 25-30 hours per week but could only work a single 5-7 hour shift out of those hours. I would be scheduled during times I had requested off and when I'd say I could come in at 1pm for example instead of 10am, they would just say that it was okay and they didn't need me to come in that day, so I'd lose a lot of shifts.
Pros
great atmosphere, excellent staff, fun environment
Cons
poor scheduling that ultimately lead to my having to find other employment
Productive Enjoyable workplace
Cashier duties and customer service duties (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONJune 11, 2016
Management is kind and polite, I have no complaints. The job is enjoyable and there are nice people that work there. The most enjoyable part of the job is the work atmosphere
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Can be slow at times
It was an okay company to work for
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 11, 2016
I didn't like the management at the workplace because I found most of the managers to be very lazy. They didn't perform their best on a daily basis. So that demotivated other employees to do better.
Co-op work here from school
Salesman Co-op student (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 25, 2016
it was just helping customers, and stock. not much happened here, wasn't aloud to use the cash but was able to do everything as if I was an employee. I was in the gaming section of the store.
Pros
I'm a gamer so the criteria was very easy to understand peoples questions
Cons
free work, days seemed to drag as short as it was.
Fun but hard work
Microsoft Consultant/ Geek Squad Agent (Former Employee) –  KingstonJune 27, 2016
Best buy was an extremely family oriented job and had a lot of pros and cons. Everyone worked fast paced and efficient to help one another
Pros
Fun and family oriented
Cons
Having to work holiday 14 hour shifts.
Best Buy
Cashier/ Customer Service/ Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONAugust 8, 2016
Great company to work for a student. The hours are pretty flexible with school. As well, the staff are great, easy going. Management are great to work with.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
unpredictable hours
Good Store environment
Senior Home Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJune 9, 2016
It is a retail job that requires retail hours and lots of hard work but Best buy is a company that gladly recognizes its employees and will give you plenty of opportunities to learn and grow within the company
Worked here during the christmas break
Cashier/Computer Accessories sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2016
Worked here during the christmas break, learned a lot about customer service and a great place for your first job. Would definitely work again
amazing workplace with options to take additional breaks if employee feels nessary
Sales Representative (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  North York, ONMay 22, 2016
its an amazing job for experience. they take very good care of you. everyone loves to help each other out. this company also gives you alot of options to climb up the ladder
very cliquey
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABAugust 2, 2016
i was with the company for 3 years was great at first but could not take vacation time when needed due to big box politics and management. very much like high school when it comes to the cultre there
Fun workplace with a nice employee room in back.
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 27, 2016
Very good company to work for, there is a lot of information that you need to learn however, which can be somewhat stressful.
Pros
Discounted electronics
Cons
Varied Hours.