Best Buy Employee Reviews

Fun coworkers, mediocre job
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 November 2016
The atmosphere with the coworkers is very fun, there are constant outings put on by the management so there are plenty of opportunities to get together and make coworkers friends. My issue is the rapid turnover of employees, the lack of competent electronics with which to perform your job, and the lack of help from managers when dealing with difficult customers.
If you work in sales you can count on learning a ton about the products.
Pros
Good team, fun atmosphere
Cons
management isn't always helpful, frequent rude customers
One of us
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 October 2016
This job was fun, but the culture creeped me out. I was a guy searching for shoplifters, thefts and discrepancies in the store. Not a great way to make friends. It's a typically loss prevention job. Notes, long periods of boring, and few times you feel like your actually stopping crime. Not for everyone, but an entry level job for those who like to keep people honest.

So.. culture made me think of those drink the punch cults. Not for me.
Pros
Good deals on electronics, work in stable job, full time is full time
Cons
No real friends (loss provention problem), No notebooks provided, low wages
Great team to work with and it was a great environment at my store!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2016
I was happy with my time at Best Buy. Our workdays as managers usually consisted of answering emails, making sure the computers and systems to sell phones were up and running, helping customers find their perfect mobile solution, and making sure the staff is performing their job duties in addition to coaching them to ensure they're constantly improving. I would say the hardest and most fulfilling part of the job, at my location at least, was dealing with the clientele. It was a great feeling once someone was able to get a phone, but getting them approved was a challenge.
Pros
Being in control of your store, being able to build a great team
Cons
The clientele at the mall I was at was not the most desirable
Fast paced while still maintaining a friendly environmment
Customer Experience Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 October 2016
Working at Best Buy is always a fun and enjoyable experience. The employees are very friendly and welcoming, and are always willing to help when needed.

A typical day at work entails walking in and just starting your work day. There is no unnecessary tasks that need to be done prior to your shift, and everyone else who is working is always there to warmly greet you.

In my six months working, my co-workers make me feel as if I have been working there over a year and have always been there for me when I need their help. It is very easy to be myself while working and maintaining proper work ethics.
Pros
relaxing environment, friendly co-workers
Cons
long hours, can be exhausting
Fun place to work
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 September 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning new things. Hardest part of the job was the beginning because the training was not as clear as I expected it to be. Management really cares about your growth with the company and helps you.
Pros
Good benefits such as discounts on certain items, and having fun with coworkers outside of work
Cons
Sometimes we have short staff and its hard surviving through busy hours
Great for part time students, awesome benefits
Loss Prevention Specialist/Product Process Senior (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 August 2016
A typical day at work involved a an equal amount of physical labor and customer service. Team work was essential and developing good interpersonal skills was key to success both with customers and fellow employees. Met a lot of interesting people in different phases of their lives and learned much from them. Management was the key difference between a store that ran well and one that struggled. Hardest part of the job was the time demands especially during the holidays. Best part of the job was the benefits that even part timers are eligible for. Better than a lot of places at a similar pay level.
Customer Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 September 2016
The people are the best part about this job. This job completely relies on teamwork and communication. Hardest part of this job are the rushes and some management issues. Management issues completely depend on location. The major thing I learned while working there is to overcome your fears and develop excellent customer service skills.
Pros
The people
Cons
Amazing workplace culture and team building organization. Strives Sales Experts to step outside their boundaries and improve interpersonal skills.
Sales Expert (Home Solutions) (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON20 September 2016
BestBuy gives employees a vast amount of opportunities to understand the linguistics and skills needed in order to be a successful salesman, while at the same time promoting quality service to consumers. Managing staff are often competent and helpful with sales and product knowledge and can offer some great advice to improve productivity. The cultural atmosphere is welcoming but can seem challenging at first due to a results oriented nature of the departments, but once a employee gets used to the products and process, sales becomes less challenging.
Pros
Great working atmosphere, product discounts, technology knowledge to help products used at home.
Cons
Retail Hours, Weekend Shifts, Overflow of Consumers on holidays or events
Sales (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC22 June 2016
Best buy is a great environment to work in, you learn a lot and management is always willing to help coach you into becoming better and also excelling in your job.

Best part of the job is being able to communicate with customers and gain a more personal connection with your client.

The staff is also always friendly, working with each other to help each other.
Pros
great work environment, management is great
Cons
shift work varies
Alright place to work but management kills it
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON6 October 2016
Starbucks was a decent place to pick up some extra income while I was in school but the management brought down the quality of the workplace culture. Hours were very hard to get and expectations were extremely high. Pay was mediocre.
Productive and fun work environment
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 November 2016
Fantastic place to be and build a career.. Lots of great accessories and electronics to check. fantastic work environment lots of positive energy and great employeees
Pros
free lunches
Cons
competitive and challenging work
Fast paced, competitive, rewarding
Sales Associate / Gaming Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2016
A great place to work, honed my skills of sales and pushed me to reach new points. When you work hard they recognize it and reward you accordingly. Customer service was great as well
Pros
Good discount
Productive and great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston Churchill23 October 2016
Working here was fun and I had great co-workers that made me excited to be there. Most of the time it was pretty easy going but sometimes would get a little stressful due to meeting target sales when things were slow.
Relaxed work atmosphere
Home Solutions Sales Senior (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2016
No pressure to meet sales targets, management team is supportive. Hardest part of the job has to be the busy seasons such as back to school and Christmas in dealing with a higher traffic of customers.
Great place to learn Sales
Home Solutions Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 October 2016
Starting work is fast paced. you have to get used to making sales within the first few days on the job. The job did not offer much support to new employees, and did not show much regard to the customers.
it was fun and exciting, but difficult for me working for that company.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB9 August 2016
I enjoyed my time at best buy, but i had a hard time being accepted by certain co-workers. I found it difficult to be part of that team.
Pros
Hours we're nice
Cons
One member of Management was condescending
Supportive team with great teaching
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON11 July 2016
The days started out with a meeting and going over our goals. Everyone that worked there was very supportive and had a good team oriented mindset. Managers gave performance enhancing learning regularly to increase knowledge.
Pros
Teamwork and Support
Productive and fun work environment
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON22 November 2016
Even though my work experience was short at best buy, I enjoyed working in the department I was in. The co-workers were all very easy going and I had a great time working there.
Fun place to work. Great Management
Customer Service Representative-Full Time (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON13 October 2016
Great place to work. Fun upbeat environment. Management and staff were great! Great customer interactions. Was able to provide exceptional customer service.
High Energy workplace with friendly co workers who support each other
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 October 2016
Working at Best Buy was something of a learning curve but it was a challenge to "be the best!" and really help the customer find every thing they want.