Best Buy

7.5K reviews

Best Buy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Structure is needed to Maintain a fair workforce
Customer Service/Entertainment (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: Taking pride in my job
Cons: Everything else
I worked for Best Buy when it was Future Shop. I was there for 8 years. Upon my time there i was moved twice into different positions thus learning how to run most of the store. However, the way the staff was projected to strive for numbers instead of quality was concerning for me. It seemed that money was more important than the customers experience. I was overlooked on several occasions to move into sales as i was told that i'm "Operations material, not sales." I would have appreciated the chance yet it seem that you had to be friends with the manager for that to happen. Hardest part of my job was seeing how things were done with such difficulty when they really didn't need to be. I would find simplistic ways of completing the same task yet it was frowned upon. The only joy I had there was the people....some of them. Not the clicks.
Lots of great people
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: People
Cons: Poor training
The people I worked with were wonderful and it made it enjoyable to go to work. The hardest part of the job was knowing what I was supposed to do on a daily basis as the training was not very good. I enjoyed my position there and the physical aspects that came with the duties that I had.
Overall great work environment
Shipper/Receiver and Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Best Buy was a great experience to me. I learned a lot and developed my teamwork skills. The management helped me through this process by continuous group projects. My co-workers and I got a long very well and together we completed tasks effectively and efficiently.
The best Hub ever
Mobile Specialist (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: HUB, people, management
Cons: minimum wage
Great place to work overall, people are amazing, everyone will speak up if there is any issues.
Looked forward to going to work everyday.
friendly and comfortable job environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: free lunch
I am new to Canada and my friend job in Canada is Customer Service Representative in Best Buy .

This job saw to deal with the customers and to handle their problem with the products or questions regarding our Services.This job gave me experience dealing with different customers.

I enjoyed working in situations which are with different customers and with helping co-workers and understandable seniors and managers.
Friendly Environment
Connection Solution Specialist (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: No
Cons: Yes
Fun place to work great people , staff, management, Just wish is wasn't seasonal and paid better. Great experience though
good start for learning marketing
Manager or senior of connected solution section (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: employ discounts
Cons: salary
Bestbuy is a really good place and i really enjoy working there. Its very fun and very productive. a place that you always learn something new from it. full of challenges which i really like. full of pressure but and stress which might make you mad but at least its not boring most of the times. I've learned so much in bestbuy especially in electronics section. Management part was one of the challenges that I had. at start i made some mistakes but i learned from it and and from now on i know how to face to problems and i think out of 10 i give my self 8.5. Still so many things to learn but I'm doing good.
The hardest part of this job to keep up sale and services in the dead and busy time of the store. the thing is when the store is dead we have good numbers on services but not in sales and in busy time is vice verse. Our job is too balance the numbers.
future shop
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 19, 2016
I worked at the northside future shop and everybody there was related and/or friends. That the management picked favorites and made the rest of the employees feel uncomfortable and made the rest of the work space stressful
Great co-workers , not the best management
Service a la clientele (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: Best co-workers, fun enviroment
Cons: Hours, pay
Its great working there , my co-workers are the best , the salary is 11$ without commission and they still pressure you to sell warranties , if you don't sell a lot , they remove hours from your shift which is horrible. If it wasn't for the people i work with i would have quitted a long time ago.
Best buy- geek squad
Geek squad member (Former Employee), North York, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Pros: management, customer service experience, job was enjoyable
Cons: Was only hired for temporary work
The employees and management was amazing. I did co op for best buy then later got hired and it was a great learning experience in retail. I got hired for a short period of time but I would definitely re-apply.
Working at computer solutions
SALE ASSOCIATE AND CASHIER (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 16, 2016
Pros: Great environment
Helping customer around with Laptops and Camera's was quite fun, because I enjoy working around technologies. Specially with camera's, I know a lot about camera and working at Best Buy helps me connects more with what I love. It was really great and different experience working with such nice and communicating surroundings. I think if you like what you do, you'll enjoy your job even more and would show more interest, that's why we should always go for what we love to do the most.
Good for starting in retail
employee - Seasonal (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 12, 2016
I learned a lot about the skills needed in the retail space, as well as learning skills such as working a cash register, and warehouse work.
A fun to work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 10, 2016
A professional introduction to retail sales.I think this is the best happened to me in Canada till date.A fun to work place.
managaement
Warehouse person (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 10, 2016
Pros: good place to work
Cons: no security of job
Best Buy is a good place to work. Management is very good. Jobs are easy but the main problem is irregular hours and also no security of job
Best buy
Mobile Specialist (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Good place to work.
Great on the job perks and benefits.
Would recommend this job to a friend.
fun and sales driven work environment.
Great Learning Experience
Home Theatre Sales specialist (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Fun place to work, Good experience
Cons: Pay isn't the greatest
Learned how to talk to customers. Learned how not to be shy and close a sale. Communication skills grown tremendously with this job. Fun place to work as a student.
fun workplace
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 3, 2016
The Best Buy staff was full of easy going and enthusiastic co-workers who all want to get the job done.
Learned to become better with my communication skills
Fun Team
Sales/Receiving/Shipping associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 19, 2015
Some days are busy others are slow.Learn to operate a variety of machines and training is provided by the company.Mostly all the Managers are great,helpful and supportive.The co-workers are great people.
Good store to learn and grow in the computer knowledge
business manager (Former Employee), Burlington,OnDecember 11, 2015
Pros: discount for employees
Cons: Store slow down time
A store with a lot of knowledgeable staff. Great training with both in store and out of store. Helpful staff. I learned some very good management training program which helped me in the Best buy store.
Not challenging
Product Tester (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 9, 2015
Pros: teamwork is great, we all help each other when we can
Cons: no growth or feel lack of acknowledgement
Don't feel that I have grown or used my potential to further myself or improve with other products and electronics. Always kept in one section -- cellular phones. They expect you to succeed or exceed your productivity, yet almost struggling when they give you other tasks which requires of more importance. The best part of working there is with the team and co workers
Industry