Best Buy Employee Reviews

productive fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 May 2017
very productive fun place to work managers are very caring when it comes to customers needs and especially employees, very close knit community among employees which i enjoyed
Great company culture and job opportunity
Connected Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 May 2017
There is a lot of products knowledge and interactions with people. Each single client is unique and is coming to see us with specific needs and requirements. Our job is to find out what those
needs and requirements are by asking them lifestyle questions in the most professional manner, and then provide them advice the client. Being able to communicate in front of people, ask them questions about their family and lifestyle with creativity and enthusiasm is HUGE for this job. There are other skills associated, which are multi-tasking, communication and time management.
E-voice team organizes events such as gaming nights. It is an opportunity for everyone to gather and socialize. New employees can easily break the ice and get to know their new team as well.
Pros
Many pros
Cons
Lot of pressure
Great culture for those wanting to learn sales, and move else where
Home Theatre Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 May 2017
Best Buy offers good culture, but lacks competitive salary. Its a good safe place to start, but a the BEST place to move towards a better company when you are ready.
Pros
Very flexible schedules - allows for school
Cons
Are you planning to move out your parents place? yes? then pass on Best Buy
Fun workplace, very good training, management is very good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC24 May 2017
Bestbuy has an amazing work enviroment and very good training for new employees. The work culture is very fun and supports individual growing. Management is nice and caring for every employee and address issues seriously. The hardest part of the job was during peak hours when the pressure really does increase many times over.
Pros
Break room usually includes cool gadgets like a ps4 or large led tvs
Cons
during slow times it can be boring
Fun Place to work as a beginner job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 May 2017
I've worked plenty of retail jobs and best buy by far is one of the ones with most flexible schedule, the management is understanding as well most of the time. Its a new challenge everyday, somedays its really dead and thats to be expected from a retail job.

Pros
- Flexible hours
- Staff is really friendly and welcoming
- Decent employee discounts

Cons
- Too much pressure on selling the warranties for a no commission based job.
- Too much pressure on online surveys, personally I'm the type of person that would rather give feedback in person to the employees manager that helped me rather than putting some feedback on an online survey.
- Your hard-work is not really rewarded, in the end you're getting the same pay as the guy selling no warranties.
Very fast-paced, friendly environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 May 2017
Working there was enjoyable, it was hard work most days but the management understood this and compensated well for it. We frequently received free lunch or breakfast and played games during down times. Everyone was nice and helpful and understanding if you had difficulty completing tasks.
Pros
Free lunches, games
Cons
Hard work that had to completed quickly
Fun cowokers, lazy superiors
Connected Solutions Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Weston, ON16 May 2017
I had plenty of great experiences working at Best Buy but when it came to the mangers those experiences fell flat. They pawned off jobs onto those below them and then spent their time just chatting with other managers.
Summary
Electronics Tester (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC16 May 2017
Great first place to work at. More than enough hours to work with some overtime here and there. Helpful coworkers and supervisors. Good introduction for anyone wanting to get into the workforce.
Friendly environment
Connected Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON16 May 2017
Typical day is helping customers with products or services. You have to learn what best buys services provide so that you can educate customers on how it is helpful for them.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Not very many shifts
Horrible Management
Geek Squad Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 May 2017
This location, the staff were rude, the incentives and motivation were lacking to say the least. They cared nothing for work/life balance and falsely offer you promotions.
Cons
lack in motivational skills. no work/life balance, make false promises
Fun and positive atmosphere to work in.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB15 May 2017
Flexible schedule if time off is needed for personal matters. Very one is treated fairly and with great deal of respect.
Pay is alright but for what it lacks it is made up for by employee perks and group benefit plan available to all staff.
a good place for students
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON14 May 2017
Was a fun and informative work place, but had a lot of necessary deadlines. The managers were reliable and assistance was also ready and available whenever needed.
team environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 May 2017
A very diverse culture. Would deal with plenty of different customers everyday looking for anything from making big ticket purchases on tvs and sound systems to someone coming in to find the right cable to connect devices. This job helped me learn a lot about customer service and about the new gadgets and media out in the market today.
Great awesome place to work very flexible!
Mobile Specialist (Keyholder) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 May 2017
I am very happy with Best Buy it is an awesome place to work and it is a great and fun environment that helps you to build many skills in the company and work your way up based on your performance.
customer service
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK12 May 2017
my job with best buy was very hard, but worth it. I started out as a seasonal and than became part time. I learned a lot throughout my employment at best buy including the different jobs of 4 departments, its not hard of a job just have to apply yourself.
Great Place
Camera and Computer Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON10 May 2017
With the exception of a couple of managers, the management team was excellent. The scheduling process was awesome. If you don't like selling extended warranties you'll have a hard time.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Selling Unnecessary Waranties
not bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 May 2017
the job is ok, the plain we sale to the customer have too much fine print information. the management are a bit pushy about sales. job culture are very good strong and positive.
Management is a Joke
Product Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 May 2017
I worked my butt off for this company for months and still got little to no hours, newer people got promoted before I ever did. I remember one time I spent a whole 2 hours cleaning an entire warehouse of tv's BY MYSELF and still was told by my manager "you gotta earn the hours". Management would not lead by example but instead lead by fear. My supervisor in particular would literally tell me to shut up for just saying something nice. I am probably just unlucky to have landed in that part of Best Buy but who knows. The company itself has no growth for part timers, and has more initiative to harass there employees before commending them for a job well done.
Pros
Little to none
Cons
Terrible management, terrible growth, overall just terrible.
correct
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 May 2017
C'est bon comme premier travail . Cela se fait bien durant les etudes aussi.
Pros
rémunération
Cons
pas d'heures
Productive and fan workplace
Senior Accountant, Controllership (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 May 2017
Great company to work for, friendly and helpful employees, fair pay and benefits
Started working independently almost from day one, minimal training was provided. There were some outdated procedure descriptions. However, if you are quick learner and self-starter, minimal training will not be an issue.
Pros
great workplace, friendly employees, shuttle service from Metrotown SkyTrain station to Best Buy CHQ

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.