Best Buy Employee Reviews

na
Sales Manager / Level 2 Installer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 January 2017
great place to work everyday learned lots every day l went to work great part of the day was meeting new people overall fun place to work
Pros
na
Cons
na
Part Time Best Buy
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 January 2017
Dealing with customer inquires about certain products.

Helping customers decide what TV or laptop will work for their need.

Management did a good job keeping the employees focused and pushing the pace to make quality sales.
Fun place to work, great management
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, on16 January 2017
Best Buy provided me work when I was just out of school. I advanced quickly and with a hard work ethic received praise and strong support from management. Happy with my time there.
Pros
Management support
Cons
Short lunches
"OKAY" Job. Poor Management
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE15 January 2017
Work environment wasn't too bad, long shifts of standing & walking. Management was horrible. When i needed appropriate keys to obtain locked up product for customers, all radios were silent for long periods of time, so the customer had to wait for a long time.
Pros
Socializing with customers / Good Pay
Cons
Poor Management
Enjoyable first job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS14 January 2017
During my seasonal position as a cashier at Best Buy I learned many key customer service strategies. It was my first job and I didn't know what was needed to ensure a customer was happy leaving a company or business. Best Buy helped show me ways and techniques to ensure my customer was happy with our services. After my few weeks of training I was able to serve my customer with ease, answer any questions they may have and ensure they left with a positive experience.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Seasonal
Work with great people
Mobile lead (Former Employee) –  Vancouver11 January 2017
Everything is fine and dandy until you make one mistake, then theyll find any excuse to get rid of you.

also if dont keep a smile on every day theyll attack you for being negative
Pros
the people.
Cons
favoritism
good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 January 2017
pretty good job i would love having it back but i was only seasonal so maybe i don't know how it really is worked there for 3 months loved it though..
Group oriented fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK11 January 2017
Each day was fun, filled with energetic happy staff. Sales is a great experience working with your social skills and catering to the needs of each customer.
Harsh, cold and unfair enviroment
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 January 2017
I worked at One touch direct for Best Buy, and after three years of working for them i have found that they are a horrible company that does not care about its employees. They will not help anyone that truly needs it as they simply do not care everyone is just a number that can be replaced.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, no discounts, improper ways to complete tasks
Best Buy Canada warehouse.
reach truck and MHE operator clamps , forks (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 January 2017
Love working at Bestbuy , been there as a permanent part-time associate since 2008 . no issues at all. I have recommended many others to work for best buy as well and they love it too. they give complimentary lunches and the places is clean and vary muti cultural. and the training of equipment and other departments is open to anyone willing to learn . Fantastic company . the pay is Amazing .
productiveve place
Computer Technician (geek squad agent) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 January 2017
Amazing place to work and have fun at the same time with committed work culture, a relaxed atmosphere. provide a good sense of security,training and a mix of culture and diversity. ability to thrive and learn capable skills also the flexibility of working in any department you qualified for,
Pros
relaxed working enviroment
Cons
not a very diplomatic management team
Product Process = 4 hours per week
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 January 2017
I love the people at Best Buy, but for whatever reason, from Christmas 2016 on, the part-timers in Product Process only get 4 hours per week. 8 hours if you are lucky. Best Buy, how the heck am I supposed to pay my mortgage on that ??? I didn't even get any hours on Boxing Day !! How mind-boggling is that ??? On Boxing Day it's supposed to be "all hands on deck" with people working up to 12 hours if they want it. But I never got the chance to even participate ! If you want to work at Best Buy, work as a Cashier or at Ops, they're the ones who get the hours. Stay away from Product Process! In 2015 I was able to work 30 hours per week which kept me up to date on my mortgage, but not anymore! Forget you Best Buy Canada, I am gone and I am never going back !!!
Pros
Nice co-workers, getting good discounts on cables and batteries
Cons
4 hours per week.
Great place to work!
Connected Solutions Associate (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON6 January 2017
I worked for best buy for a little over a year. The staff was friendly and my managers were great! Hours are great and flexible and they give you a lot of opportunities to advance your knowledge in your given department with quick and easy quizzes.
Pros
Great staff, Flexible hours
Cons
Boxing day/Black Friday can be stressful
Fun working environment
MCSA/ Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC5 January 2017
Overall good experience working there with great benefits and great staff. However, can be unorganized at times and stressful.
Productive workplace with amazing cafeteria
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 January 2017
Productive days of working.

Learned how to use a scanner
Learned how to drive a walkie machine
Learned how to palletize
Learned how to ship products

Management was very professional when handling warehouse issues.

Co-workers were amazing,

Hardest part of the job was lifting awkward-handling heavy items.

Best part of the job was the co-workers and the break room (cafeteria)
Pros
Employee appreciation day. enjoyable co-workers.
Cons
Long hours for some who choose. Holidays become increasingly difficult to keep up with
Amazing Staff
Sales (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 January 2017
The employees are simply amazing and nice! Makes me feel like part of a family. Can be busy during holidays but you do so much work and time flies, it was simply the best experience of my life
Pros
During events: free meals
Cons
Sometimes can be empty
Can be fun sometimes horrible
Geeksquad Computer Information Agent (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 December 2016
Depends on the management in the store. I have had great and terrible management. Customers can feel way too entitled and sometimes customers are treated better than the employees.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Little no or advancement, pay raises very small, no job security.
Good environment
Mobile Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 December 2016
Always on the sales floor promoting and speaking with customers.
interpersonal communication skills, self-confidence, ability to close a sale.
Leadership was helpful and efficient.
The work environment was good in terms of coworkers
the most enjoyable was managing customers as the volume increased, and creating an experience for the customers.
Not a great workplace, poor management.
Senior Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Senior Repair Technician19 December 2016
GM of the Vernon location is a certified bully. I was on the spot given the option to quit or be fired, after 3 consecutive years of the best technical service that store ever gave. I have hundreds of clients that can attest to this, however I feel this was some sort of personal decision, one that should always stay out of business.
Best Job Ever
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC12 December 2016
Great. Ahmad Bilal Sayam, Roopsy Sharma and Kareem!! You guys are the best!! I loved it. I used to sell fit bits, computers, additional warranty, I was a very hard worker and all my fellow employees approved of me.
Pros
EVERYTHING
Cons
Sore legs