Best Buy Employee Reviews in Canada

Great for part time students, awesome benefits
Loss Prevention Specialist/Product Process Senior (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 18, 2016
A typical day at work involved a an equal amount of physical labor and customer service. Team work was essential and developing good interpersonal skills was key to success both with customers and fellow employees. Met a lot of interesting people in different phases of their lives and learned much from them. Management was the key difference between a store that ran well and one that struggled. Hardest part of the job was the time demands especially during the holidays. Best part of the job was the benefits that even part timers are eligible for. Better than a lot of places at a similar pay level.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCJune 22, 2016
Best buy is a great environment to work in, you learn a lot and management is always willing to help coach you into becoming better and also excelling in your job.

Best part of the job is being able to communicate with customers and gain a more personal connection with your client.

The staff is also always friendly, working with each other to help each other.
Pros
great work environment, management is great
Cons
shift work varies
A very playful and helping environment
Cashier in Operations (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 3, 2016
A typical day at worked involved attending to customers at the cash, showing customers that you are available, cleaning the workspace, and organizing cases by putting them in corresponding bins or putting empty ones in the back storage room. By doing this I learned a lot about technology and how to socialize with others. The management was very nice and playful, they would answer any questions and joked around light-heatedly. Co-workers are also very playful and are always there to give a helping hand.
The hardest part of the job is if you do not know much about the products, it can be difficult to answer a customer's question. Most enjoyable is being able to work in such a great environment and being able to meet so many new people.
Supportive and effective team of workers. Try not to spend too much money in the food court.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ONMay 9, 2016
I find it very weird to come into a place and rate my success there off of how much other people want to spend their money. I will likely not have a future in sales. That being said, you are not on commission here so there is a lot less pressure to sell which is nice.
Pros
Good team communication
Perfect place to be a more mature individual while having fun at work
QC H4N 3K1 (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 9, 2016
BestBuy is a company that teaches you, not only to sell products and attach warranties or geek squad, they teach you how to behave in any scenario with any customer and to get the job done ethically.
It is a very good place to start off from the bottom and there are possibilities to grow in the company if you are willing to put the effort into it.
Supportive team with great teaching
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ONJuly 11, 2016
The days started out with a meeting and going over our goals. Everyone that worked there was very supportive and had a good team oriented mindset. Managers gave performance enhancing learning regularly to increase knowledge.
Pros
Teamwork and Support
Great Work Environment
Connected Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 11, 2016
Best buy is a great place to work, mainly because of the environment you are working in. The people who work their are great and easy to get along with and the sales floor offers the ability to increase your customer service as well as communication skills as there are constant opportunities to talk with the general public as well as your cooworkers. Management is great as well, they are friendly, and motivational offering up their knowledge and experience on a daily basis to help their staff succeed in monthly goals as well as other goals the individual may have.
Co-op work here from school
Salesman Co-op student (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 25, 2016
it was just helping customers, and stock. not much happened here, wasn't aloud to use the cash but was able to do everything as if I was an employee. I was in the gaming section of the store.
Pros
I'm a gamer so the criteria was very easy to understand peoples questions
Cons
free work, days seemed to drag as short as it was.
it was fun and exciting, but difficult for me working for that company.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBAugust 9, 2016
I enjoyed my time at best buy, but i had a hard time being accepted by certain co-workers. I found it difficult to be part of that team.
Pros
Hours we're nice
Cons
One member of Management was condescending
Warehouse Workplace
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMarch 15, 2016
A typical day at work depending on the day is pretty busy, always work to be done, on Wednesdays and Thursdays those are our truck days so there is lots of work to be done.

I learned to always keep an open mind because no work day is repeated there is always something different to do everyday

Management is good at what they do, i have nothing bad to say

the hardest part about my job is trying to get everyone on the same page and do the same amount of work, there is always at least 1 or 2 people in every department who do not want to do the work required and that's frustrating for me

i enjoy almost every aspect of my job, i love doing plan-o-grams and putting up new demos, i like keeping the warehouse as clean as possible.
Pros
we get a 30 minutes lunch
Cons
only 71/2 hour shifts instead of the full 8 hours
Productive and fun workplace
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJune 7, 2016
The job is a really good place especially the management, however I have been trying to move to the sales floor for about a month now. I'm not planning on staying much longer as I want to move up and find a better job in my career field.
Productive Enjoyable workplace
Cashier duties and customer service duties (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONJune 11, 2016
Management is kind and polite, I have no complaints. The job is enjoyable and there are nice people that work there. The most enjoyable part of the job is the work atmosphere
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Can be slow at times
Flexible job with a great supportive team
Product Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCMarch 8, 2016
I've loved working at the Best Buy Chilliwack location. The management is sincerely interested in their employees and their long term goals and is flexible with positions, and hours.

The staff there is quite young (between late teens and mid twenties) but aside from a little gossip, the team works well together and are eager to spend time outside of work.

The most frustrating things mostly revolve around corporate communications or outdated fixtures and tools but from my experience the head office staff are very involved and aware of concerns and want to help. It just generally takes a while.

This store is ranked one of the highest in the company not only for sales and customer experience but also for staff satisfaction.
Pros
supportive management, flexible hours, fun staff
Cons
gossip
Fun workplace to be.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONApril 26, 2016
This place is one of the only second homes I got and I really enjoyed it. I honestly loved working for them and I would have never asked for no other first customer service/retail experience. Great team and great deals.
Pros
Lunches paid by GM's
Cons
Not organized. Should stick to big stores.
amazing workplace with options to take additional breaks if employee feels nessary
Sales Representative (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  North York, ONMay 22, 2016
its an amazing job for experience. they take very good care of you. everyone loves to help each other out. this company also gives you alot of options to climb up the ladder
Corrupt!
PPA (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKFebruary 16, 2016
This company is so corrupt it's not even funny! I would assume the other location is the same way, but when I started working at Best Buy, it was fast, easy, and great communication. I started on cash, then I got moved to another location for PPA team, turns out this place was run by foreigners and once I started working at this location, they laid me off for no reason!

The management is so evil, when I got moved to that location, there were very few Canadian citizen workers, most of the employees I talked to were specifically from India area, none of them spoke English or any at all.

In addition to the lay off, a supervisor told me he got laid off shortly after I did. I love this company, I hate the people who work there!
Pros
Tech lovers will enjoy working here as much as I did
Cons
Beware who's managing your location...
Good Store environment
Senior Home Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJune 9, 2016
It is a retail job that requires retail hours and lots of hard work but Best buy is a company that gladly recognizes its employees and will give you plenty of opportunities to learn and grow within the company
It was an okay company to work for
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 11, 2016
I didn't like the management at the workplace because I found most of the managers to be very lazy. They didn't perform their best on a daily basis. So that demotivated other employees to do better.
Not a bad place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 31, 2016
Duties to follow
Learned about people, communicating, different products
Management is very helpful
co-workers are very informative
The hardest part is moving products from warehouse
The most enjoyable part is selling ofcourse
Fun but hard work
Microsoft Consultant/ Geek Squad Agent (Former Employee) –  KingstonJune 27, 2016
Best buy was an extremely family oriented job and had a lot of pros and cons. Everyone worked fast paced and efficient to help one another
Pros
Fun and family oriented
Cons
Having to work holiday 14 hour shifts.