Best Buy
6,255 reviews

Best Buy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work and even better people to work with
Connected Solutions Sales Specialist (Former Employee), London, ONMay 21, 2015
Pros: Amazing Co-Workers
Cons: Empty days
-Our expertise were always challenged and we as a team loved a good challenge

-I learned how to adapt in the most brutal time of year for large retailers such as best buy

-Management was excellent with motivation, acknowledgment and maintaining a loving atmosphere

-The most difficult part of the job was having to stand for long periods of time

-The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make sales that employees with the highest of seniority could not achieve
Digital Imaging Sales Representative (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 19, 2015
It was an interactive experience. I was working in the holiday season so it was incredibly busy. While we were not motivated by commission on the sale, the environment was very competitive.
Best buy
Sales associate (Former Employee), Langley, BCMay 18, 2015
Pros: discounts are awesome
Cons: none
Awesome staff and productive place to work great management, also very fun at some points also some what rewarding overall great place to work
Fun and Fair
Admin (Former Employee), Burnaby, BC, CanadaMay 17, 2015
Pros: Personalities and humour galore, shuttle bus to work, isolated location, large company building, and cafeteria.
Cons: You need to put on your game face!
Typical day is booking appointments and rooms, ordering catering, reconciling expenses, booking travel arrangements, scheduling meetings and taking meeting minutes, preparing photocopies and other requests. Management are very approachable and require your nurturing attention and are caring and grateful for all your effort. Co-workers are very helpful, bright, quick and all smiles! Some departments are not connected while others are close knit. Hardest part is the multi-tasking between multiple competing priorities while trying to satisfying everyone but sometimes satisfying only a few. Also, lots of hard work and long hours put in for this company. The most enjoyable part was meeting the fun personalities in this company and feeling the people are approachable with a comical and quirky sense of humour.
Easy work and great people
Service Logistic Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 13, 2015
The job is very easy and the people are very friendly to work with. Depending on your department or team lead they would order food for the team at the end of the week.
Fun place to work with lots of advancement opportunity
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Grande PrairieMay 9, 2015
Pros: Lots of advancement opportunity
Cons: Lots of change with the company and management team
Best Buy was my most successful job. I went from part time, to full time, to department leader, then to Sales Supervisor, all within a time period of two years. My only complaint about the job was the frequent management and staff changes. I find it difficult to evolve and create a healthy and successful work environment and culture when your leadership team is constantly changing. Besides that, it was the best job that I've ever had.
Exciting coaching and mentoring
Sales District Trainer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 5, 2015
Pros: Have fun while being the best
Cons: Schedules
I have the opportunity to coach and mentor individuals to achieve their work targets and develop leaders in the workplace. It is very satisfying when one gets promoted because of all the work that we put together and the team overall receives recognition for the work put it. Also, driving and support individuals with their needs and making the workplace a fun environment to be in.
Good morale and good leadership, high pressure
Full Time Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 5, 2015
Pros: morale, fun workplace environment, good leadership
Cons: patronizing corporate culture, high pressure
Great management and good workplace morale. The only downside is the corporate culture sometimes feels patronizing, however if you are willing to 'drink the kool-aid' so to speak, you will do very well and go far. Fair enough opportunities for advancement if you show initiative and engagement. Benefits offered at a full-time level, however pay is not super-competitive. Lot's of pressure on selling the service and geek-squad which can sometimes makes you feel like you are putting too much pressure on the customer, but if you follow the sales guidelines and know your product knowledge you will be very successful. If you do well with sales, and make the company money, they will do what they can to keep you on .
Great place to work for motivated sales professionals
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 4, 2015
This is the type of sales job where you are expected to roll up your sleeves and work hard every day. The people who are willing to do that day in and day out are typically successful. There is an open floor plan where management sits on the sales floor with everyone else and are there to support you through out the day.
it is ok and a step for your temperary
Connected Solution Consultant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 3, 2015
Pros: ok pay
Cons: not that much, but it is not that great
well, if you are currently no job, it is ok place to stay

even thought it is not commision base, but they still push you to sell plans/service hard, so hard..

the management level or other companies representative expetect too much from you, like very much
Merchandiser had an ok job.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONApril 30, 2015
Pros: Employee Discount
Job was ok, thought there was little tolerance for people who did not know what they were doing.

You stocked shelved, changed price tags and organized shelves.
Fast pace environment/ learn new things
Technician (Former Employee), BramptonApril 26, 2015
Pros: good work area
Cons: not enough pay
- Good place to work
- Friendly work environment
- most get a lot of work load done in a day
- always need to catch with new work load
Productive, light-hearted atmosphere
Geek Squad, Tech Support/Sales (Former Employee), Whitby, ONApril 21, 2015
It was an excellent opportunity to showcase my acquired LAN/WAN/PC knowledge. The management team was on par with what was expected of them. Provided an excellent staff room, complete with vending machines, coffee makers, tv. And free lunches were sometimes added as incentives to drive sales up.
Alright Job
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, AlbertaApril 16, 2015
Pros: Working with electronics, helping people
Cons: Getting heavy objects from heights, dealing with overstock
I did this job during the Christmas holiday in my grade 12 year. My job was to put stuff on to the shelves and keep them tidy and filled. My general manager is a good guy, funny and always feels like he listens to us. My direct supervisor is a little more apathetic though. Not terrible person, does her job well, but not someone I feel who does not see a problem.

Most my days are spent in the backroom, and it is a mess in there. Its the holiday though, so I don't know it was like that all the time. Getting the printers off the top shelve was not the safest thing I feel was done. We have one of those giant step ladders/stairs that we use to get the top shelves with so we don't have to balance on those smaller ladders, still not comfortable trying to get a heavy object at that height.
Productive and fun workplace
Technical Officer (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 6, 2015
Reinstalling,testing and troubleshooting laptops,PCs,Macbook,ipods,ipad,CUSTOMER COMPLAIN HANDLING etc.Hardest part was to lift up the laptop boxes.Sometimes it was too heavy.
was a great place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), brampton, ontApril 1, 2015
enjoyed the people
contacted customers on repairs
managers were ok
rate of pays was good
the atmosphere was welcoming
had plenty of social functions at work including bbq, children christmas parties
very fun place
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 28, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: working in weekend
a typical day is viewing email and files
book meetings for employees and manage projects
I learnt how to organize projects and work with coworkers
most enjoyable part was food parties in end of each week
hardest part was to assign tasks to each worker
Enjoyable
Home Entertainment Specialist (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: fun, fast paced, never dull, good management
Cons: not enough training
Even though it was only a seasonal gig, I enjoyed working for the company. Management was kind, workers were helpful, and customers weren't overly rude. Not exactly a lot of training in terms of product knowledge. If you don't know something, asking seems to bug the higher ups. You've gotta learn it on your own time, which is fine, but you might not learn it the way they want you too. Not everyone can sell, and there's no real teachings on how to communicate better with customers and talk them into the purchase.
its work
product handler (Former Employee), Brampton, OnMarch 16, 2015
General labor stuff. Pick up boxes, put down boxes. Move to another location do the same thing. If no work, hours was cut short and you go home. Not a lot of work.
Product and Fun place to work
General Manager (Former Employee), Nanaimo,BCMarch 13, 2015
Pros: epps, rrsp, employee discounts
Cons: long hours
A great group of management leaders with a great vision that has allowed the company to continue to excel in electronic industry while other companies have fallen. They will continue to be around when others wont. I learned how to manage people better while working at Best Buy. A place with great benefits, great discounts and RRSP/STOCK Options.

1 2 3 4 5

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances – Read more