Best Buy Employee Review

Place was cool, management was not
Computer Specialist/supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Palo Alto17 December 2013
This job was good and the company treated us fairly to begin with and told about advancements within the company. The problem they had is that they lied about almost everything they told us about moving up in the company. An example was that when a new spot like a supervisor or full time opened up they would either bring someone in from another store or hire someone brand new for the spot. They pretty much lied to their associates and still are from what I hear.
Pros
new product
Cons
Untrustworthy company

Other Best Buy Employee Reviews

One of my favorite positions
Mobile Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL22 November 2017
The Good:
This is a great place to get your first job. It will teach you about how companies operate and where you fit into all that. The staff is typically really friendly and you can always get help when it's needed. This is a pretty low-stress job and when you get to know everyone, it's even better!

The Bad:
No commission. The bosses will say "it's a good thing" but at the end of the day, you're still held to sales quotas the same as anyone on commission. If you don't meet your quotas you will be put on a "plan" that is code for "start looking for another job". (This is especially stressful for managers who seem to have high turnover rates)
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Literally NO job security
Fun place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2017
It was a great place to work at, people were friendly made so good friends and management was amazing. We had team nights witch were always fun and they supplied the food and drinks.
Pros
Lunch brakes, benefit
Cons
There were non

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.