Best Buy Employee Reviews

Decent as a part time job
Loss Prevention and General Labour (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON23 February 2017
Can't imagine working full time there but as a part time job not bad, there isn't much to advance to, job can bring some challenges but not too difficult, people there are easy to get along with, overall it was an alright experience.
Pros
Nice working enviroment
Cons
Not much to advance to
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON22 February 2017
I enjoy interacting with customers and learning all about new products that Best Buy carries. Management do a good job preparing new employees for the position and everyone helps each other.
Great workplace, very good Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2017
Workplace was amazing, the management team is very professional and are always there to help you out. Co-Workers are great too, to be honest not really anything negative to say about the company or the store, they genuinely try to help out customers and their warranties are very useful when it comes to protecting your products.
Pros
Great Management, Great Work Atmosphere
Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON21 February 2017
Worked at Best Buy as my first job in high school. They were not willing to accommodate with my schooling and I was scheduled to work nearly every day of the week even after explaining that I couldn't. The pay is minimum wage which is fine if it's just a part time job. Management was absolutely awful. Treated people so poorly and were so full of themselves, and so were the employees. No one was willing to help at all.
Cons
Awful management, not many breaks if any, not willing to accommodate
Fun workplace, management.....needs work
Multi-Channel Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON20 February 2017
Depending on your location, the management can be great, a good team-leader, always listening to you and helping you out. Or they can be controlling, or even worse, extremely passive about everything.

I found that the people I worked with, not including management, were the life of the work environment. They support each other whenever they can and made BestBuy a place I wanted to go into everyday and work at.

If you like technology, you'll always be learning something new here and be surrounded by like-minded people. Even if you think you don't know enough.

Again, this could change depending on which 'box' you're applying to.
productive, and great environment to work in
Connected Solutions Specialist (Employee Position) (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON19 February 2017
I've learned great customer service skills and sales skills, improving my skills progressively as I work there. A typical day will be restocking shelfs with units, putting some devices on demo displays, consulting customers with products and recommending services that will benefit them. As well as cleaning the tills and display areas when the store is closing. The management is fantastic, as they listen to my recommendations and concerns I might have. The hardest part of the job is when there isn't much customer traffic through the store and meeting the sales goals we want to reach. The most enjoyable part of working at Best Buy is everything, the staff is amazing, there is great customer experience and much to learn on and off the job.
good place to gain experience
Chef d'equipe departement mobile (Current Employee) –  Greenfield Park, QC18 February 2017
It's a good training ground for youngsters who want to develop they're skills in the sales work, good working environment I was blessed to be part of one of the best team in Canada.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 February 2017
I really enjoyed working for Best Buy. Management was very good at keeping everyone on the ball to what is happen. Management worked hard which makes me work harder. Excellent training.
Pros
product seminars
Cons
hours - shifts
Easy and relatively lax work experience
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 February 2017
Not too challenging or stimulating, good for experience. Not too sales oriented, just have to be there and talk to customers.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Boring
Being Amazing while having fun at work
Counter Intelligence Agent - 3 (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 February 2017
Great place to work if you are interested in Retail industry. Great people works here and make this place an amazing experience for shopping almost everything in the store and online.
Geek Sqaud technicians are the best as they help like a True Friend and not just an employee
Pros
Good Pay, Growth opportunities for those who wish to excel
Cons
Have to deal with unnecessary arguments about the Protections Plans
good place with great team
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Lasalle, QC15 February 2017
Good place to work, fun people to work with and the benefits are great (part-time and full time benefits). You get to really learn how to work as a team in both sales and non sales environments.
Good workplace
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 February 2017
Good environment with good people. Clean warehouse and good break timings.My supervisor is a very respectful person and supervisor.
Pros
Clean area and good people
Cons
nothing
Nice co-workers, fun environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2017
This was a fun job, it was challenging because it was right around
Christmas so I was most of the time rushed to find, and help a new customer. The fact that I was rushed most of the time helped me learn how to deal with stressful situations with a bit more enthusiasm, and confidence.
Fine as a first experience job
Sales Department - Mobile sales representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 February 2017
Prepare yourself to learn alone, not much time is given to understand the task to do correctly. The responsables aren't very professional and they seem not to care.
Chill but pressuring environment
Technology Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 February 2017
I like the people and the values of the company. However they focus way too much on selling services to help meet budget and i feel that since we don't work on commission they shouldn't be forcing us to work more harder to fulfill our tasks
Fun and Healthy Work Enviroment
Product Process/Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON12 February 2017
This was my first real job and it was perfect. They taught me the fundamentals to being a good hardworking employee. Hours were very flexible and reasonable and my fellow employees were a joy to work with.
Amazing environment, great culture with lots of opportunities to grow
Distribution Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 February 2017
Amazing environment, great culture with lots of opportunities to grow personally and professionally. Leadership is open and engaged to make organization and team succeed
Pros
Fun Environment, challenging
Cons
weekend schedule
Was a decent job, was there seasonal
Connected Solutions Specialist (PT/ Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Downsview, ON9 February 2017
Overall the work environment was great, the team was always helpful. The hourly wage was decent, however they do not Incorporate your school with work.
fun place to work
Connected Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL8 February 2017
Good place to work at. Management is really good and helpful. Interview process was a bit lengthy but overall quality place to work at.
Pros
easy work, sales floor is fun to work at, quality benefits
Cons
pay could be better
A good learning environment
Connected Solutions Senior (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 February 2017
I started my career as a seasonal part-timer for the connected solutions department and slowly worked my way into a full time position which eventually helped me advance into a leadership position as a connected solutions senior. This company gave me a lot to learn and was my greatest hurdle as well, during my time with this company I had to fight a lot of get where I was I achieved awards, build excellent relationships with not only the management that I was working with but also the district team and the territory manager as well. I learned how to go past my comfort zone with the help of one of my supervisors and work my way into gaining the respect of my team to be able to lead them as an example. Furthermore, I learned the importance of multi-tasking, efficiency, being a good listener and being able to take what I heard to help the customer in front of me to walk out with something that will fit their life style appropriately whether that involved up selling and in some situations down selling and adding attachments. I learned to show value of the culture of best buy that would make the customer want to return again. I learned how to change prices, merchandize, constantly learn and even as a senior to continue to do things that I would do as a full timer to set an example that no task is to little or big. I learned to do be support for my staff and be there when they needed help with sales, returns or other tasks. I worked by giving positive reinforcement and consistent motivation to provide a positive environment to work in. The hardest part of my job was adapting into  more... my new roles and gaining the respect of my team to show them that I was deserving for the roles I had achieved. The most enjoyable part was the fantastic team I worked with that made every opening or closing shift memorable.  less
Pros
team, work hours, flexibility
Cons
stability