Best Buy Employee Reviews

What I learned
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 November 2016
I learned to handle customers sensitive information with care. I had to handle there social insurance numbers and credit information.
Productive and fun work environment
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON22 November 2016
Even though my work experience was short at best buy, I enjoyed working in the department I was in. The co-workers were all very easy going and I had a great time working there.
Productive and fun work environment
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 November 2016
Fantastic place to be and build a career.. Lots of great accessories and electronics to check. fantastic work environment lots of positive energy and great employeees
Pros
free lunches
Cons
competitive and challenging work
Fast paced, competitive, rewarding
Sales Associate / Gaming Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2016
A great place to work, honed my skills of sales and pushed me to reach new points. When you work hard they recognize it and reward you accordingly. Customer service was great as well
Pros
Good discount
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK11 November 2016
the environment is welcoming,people are laid back but result oriented. scheduling is flexible great place to work if you're a student
Relaxed work atmosphere
Home Solutions Sales Senior (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2016
No pressure to meet sales targets, management team is supportive. Hardest part of the job has to be the busy seasons such as back to school and Christmas in dealing with a higher traffic of customers.
Fun coworkers, mediocre job
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 November 2016
The atmosphere with the coworkers is very fun, there are constant outings put on by the management so there are plenty of opportunities to get together and make coworkers friends. My issue is the rapid turnover of employees, the lack of competent electronics with which to perform your job, and the lack of help from managers when dealing with difficult customers.
If you work in sales you can count on learning a ton about the products.
Pros
Good team, fun atmosphere
Cons
management isn't always helpful, frequent rude customers
Positive and fun place to work!
Geeksquad (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 October 2016
Perfect place to work, lots of support and very friendly environment. I highly recommend Bestbuy for employment. Professional and very well maintained
Pros
Friendly
The Best Buy Co-op experience
Best Buy co op assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2016
- Fast, Productive and good

- Good at repetitive work

- respectful and reasonable

- very informative

- product memorization

- electronics everywhere
Pros
Touching the products
Cons
It was Co-op
Great team to work with and it was a great environment at my store!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2016
I was happy with my time at Best Buy. Our workdays as managers usually consisted of answering emails, making sure the computers and systems to sell phones were up and running, helping customers find their perfect mobile solution, and making sure the staff is performing their job duties in addition to coaching them to ensure they're constantly improving. I would say the hardest and most fulfilling part of the job, at my location at least, was dealing with the clientele. It was a great feeling once someone was able to get a phone, but getting them approved was a challenge.
Pros
Being in control of your store, being able to build a great team
Cons
The clientele at the mall I was at was not the most desirable
Great environment, great culture
Mobile Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 October 2016
Great company with a great presence in every local community that ive been in. Worked at muliple locations and each had a unique touch but still lived the values of the company
Productive and great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston Churchill23 October 2016
Working here was fun and I had great co-workers that made me excited to be there. Most of the time it was pretty easy going but sometimes would get a little stressful due to meeting target sales when things were slow.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON19 October 2016
Really nice coworkers and management is always willing to assist each other! It's been a great place to learn and grow, but am needing something more
High Energy workplace with friendly co workers who support each other
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 October 2016
Working at Best Buy was something of a learning curve but it was a challenge to "be the best!" and really help the customer find every thing they want.
One of us
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 October 2016
This job was fun, but the culture creeped me out. I was a guy searching for shoplifters, thefts and discrepancies in the store. Not a great way to make friends. It's a typically loss prevention job. Notes, long periods of boring, and few times you feel like your actually stopping crime. Not for everyone, but an entry level job for those who like to keep people honest.

So.. culture made me think of those drink the punch cults. Not for me.
Pros
Good deals on electronics, work in stable job, full time is full time
Cons
No real friends (loss provention problem), No notebooks provided, low wages
Friendly co-workers
Designated as Associate Product Tester (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 October 2016
Worked for 6 months. The co-workers were really friendly. Job duties were bit stressing but overall pretty good working environment.
Great placeTo work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Heartland14 October 2016
Good culture
Good training
Management culture is good as well
It's good place to gain experience into sales and learning the skills needed to be a good sales person.
Fun place to work. Great Management
Customer Service Representative-Full Time (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON13 October 2016
Great place to work. Fun upbeat environment. Management and staff were great! Great customer interactions. Was able to provide exceptional customer service.
Fast paced while still maintaining a friendly environmment
Customer Experience Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 October 2016
Working at Best Buy is always a fun and enjoyable experience. The employees are very friendly and welcoming, and are always willing to help when needed.

A typical day at work entails walking in and just starting your work day. There is no unnecessary tasks that need to be done prior to your shift, and everyone else who is working is always there to warmly greet you.

In my six months working, my co-workers make me feel as if I have been working there over a year and have always been there for me when I need their help. It is very easy to be myself while working and maintaining proper work ethics.
Pros
relaxing environment, friendly co-workers
Cons
long hours, can be exhausting
Product Process Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 October 2016
good place to work, great people, great environment, flexible hours, great place to learn about electronics, great benefit and salgary