Best Buy

Best Buy Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very fun place
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 28, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: working in weekend
a typical day is viewing email and files
book meetings for employees and manage projects
I learnt how to organize projects and work with coworkers
most enjoyable part was food parties in end of each week
hardest part was to assign tasks to each worker
Enjoyable
Home Entertainment Specialist (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: fun, fast paced, never dull, good management
Cons: not enough training
Even though it was only a seasonal gig, I enjoyed working for the company. Management was kind, workers were helpful, and customers weren't overly rude. Not exactly a lot of training in terms of product knowledge. If you don't know something, asking seems to bug the higher ups. You've gotta learn it on your own time, which is fine, but you might not learn it the way they want you too. Not everyone can sell, and there's no real teachings on how to communicate better with customers and talk them into the purchase.
its work
product handler (Former Employee), Brampton, OnMarch 16, 2015
General labor stuff. Pick up boxes, put down boxes. Move to another location do the same thing. If no work, hours was cut short and you go home. Not a lot of work.
Product and Fun place to work
General Manager (Former Employee), Nanaimo,BCMarch 13, 2015
Pros: epps, rrsp, employee discounts
Cons: long hours
A great group of management leaders with a great vision that has allowed the company to continue to excel in electronic industry while other companies have fallen. They will continue to be around when others wont. I learned how to manage people better while working at Best Buy. A place with great benefits, great discounts and RRSP/STOCK Options.
Sales and customer service
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMarch 6, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: performance based on sales
Good job to be in, gives you the opportunity to develop as an individual. I enjoy meeting and talking to new people, it allows your days to go by faster.
At Work
Team Lead (Current Employee), Langley, bcMarch 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches
A typical day of work, would be going to the warehouse, ensure Safety. Responsible for maintaining accuracy & Productivity, follow-up regular basis for short shipment & discrepancies and cordination and supervision of staff.

My experience with Best Buy Canada, was amazing, between the fantastic coworkers and the overall atmosphere of the warehouse.

The company looked after it's employees and had monthly meetings to discuss any problems or issues with staff or even issues with the new sales and such. They made it a point to have weekly checklists and tried to keep their employees engaged as much as possible. I enjoyed working there, and had a positive experience all around.
high turn over
merch (Former Employee), ontarioFebruary 28, 2015
Low wages no job security minimum wage confluct of intrest between managers an employees. No social life scattered shifts
Productive fun place to work; with a game room
Material Handler (Forklift Operator) (Former Employee), Brampton, ontarioFebruary 26, 2015
Good place to work; Would've liked to be their longer.
Positive Work environment
In house training on Forklift machines
But its difficult to get full-time
Good place to work as a student with friendly staff.
Operations Senior (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 25, 2015
By the end of my time at Best Buy, I had worked there for a little over 2 years. My reason for leaving Best Buy was because I got accepted into school that was 8 hours a day Monday through Friday. Best Buy was a good place to work, I met a lot of great people who have become good friends of mine, it was easy to manage while I was still in high school, and there was a lot of opportunity for advancement. I started as a cashier and worked my way up to becoming Operations Senior towards the end of my time - and had experienced different departments in between then. Overall, I did enjoy working there and made a decent amount of money for what I was doing and would recommend it to any person that is in the position I was in at the time.
good place to work easy to get along with management
Picker Pallet builder/rider (Former Employee), Pickering,ON.February 24, 2015
Pros: great people to work for and with
Cons: the temporary warehouse was not ventilated well enough
Very good management but was just a seasonal job and if the had a permanent warehouse in Pickering,ON. i would have would pursued a career there further.
Get to know new people through giving right service to the customers and have fun at the same time.
MULTI-CHANNEL SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 24, 2015
I answer phone calls about product inquiry, price checks, and deals with in-store reserve and pick-ups. I have learned on how to react with different kind of attitude from people and in how to meet their needs. Managers are supportive and encouraging and always try to find a way for us to enjoy our work place. Same as with my co-workers, everyone supports and shows respect to each other. Never boring just being around them. The hardest part of my job is trying to please every customer, with high expectations from everyone else, and dealing with complicated customer issues. Though, the most enjoyable part of it is getting appreciated by satisfied customers at the end of the day and getting busy everyday and being able to interact with positive attitude towards new people and the rush of the pressure that pushes me to do better in every little mistakes I do every now and then.
Good working environment except for sales pressure
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: good management, fun staff, great discount
Cons: sales pressure, no commission or bonuses
Overall I've enjoyed working for Best Buy. Great management, and fun staff, however one thing I will say that drove me up the wall was the constant pressure to sell not only product but geek squad services and protection plans. Sales associates are asked to be "sharks on the floor" as if we are on commission... This was especially annoying during the Christmas season. I'm a college student and I need money of course, and for the amount of work expected for the same hourly wage as a mall kiosk, I'd say a person is better off working at a small store than at Best Buy. The discounts are pretty wicked though.
Fun place to work
Customer Service and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Would get to work and immediately begin to help customers find the right product that they desire. If I wasn't with a customer I would handle inventory and stocks, also inspected merchandise for quality and quantity.
typical day at work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 11, 2015
i would greet all customers that came in to our store
answer all there questions and help them as much as i could.
the management however could have been better
i was never informed about my schedule
when i would ask they would say we are printing a new one but it never had my name on it
Productiveand fun workplace with xbox in break room
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 9, 2015
the work and co-workers were fun uplifting and encouraging, generally. some management was questionable but other then that the job was lot of fun
Home Theatre/ Connected Solutions Specialist
Home Theatre/Computer Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 8, 2015
Working so far for more than 2 years at Best Buy been an exciting experience. Management and rest of the coworkers were really cooperative with the whole team. A lot of great knowledge with electronics were learned and also with many selling techniques. Satisfying customer service has been at peak level for me, as I have endured many situations and have learned the best way to come out of it and still remain a loyal relationship with a customer.
Great Company
Human Resource Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2015
Amazing company to work for. You learn more than what you were expecting. The skills acquired while working here will help further you in any career path of your choosing.
Challenging and exciting environment - career building
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 27, 2015
I've enjoyed a 13 year career at Future Shop and Best Buy Canada. In progressing roles in an exciting and dynamic environment, I've had the pleasure of working with and developing many great people while we focus on our customers, communities and growth.
great place to work, met alot of amazing people for long friendships
merchandising/loss prevention (Former Employee), Best BuyJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: discount on technology
A typical day at work would be starting at 6am sometime 4 or 5 depending on the duties for the day we would come in earlier. We would start by printing off the new price tags for the day that would take about 2-3 hours from printing to put out. After that we would do a missing tag walk to replace the price tags that were taken off from the day before. Then we would schedule shifts for up front which would be for Loss and prevention and greeting customers as they came in.during that time we would get in the truck which is usually about 7-10 pallets of product to be sorted and put out at during or end of the shift.
I got along with everyone at the store. The most enjoyable part of the job was the employees, if you wanted to talk about a issue it was a open door .
Excellent environment, friendly staff, decent wages
Home Theater Specialist (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere, excellent staff, fun environment
Cons: poor scheduling that ultimately lead to my having to find other employment
I loved my time at Best Buy. The staff was excellent and there was always room for advancement and regular salary increases based on performance. I gained a lot of knowledge of the field that I was in when I worked there and I met a lot of great people. The biggest downside was when I had an illness in the family and specifically requested certain hours off to help take care of my family member and they acquiesced but did not follow through. It was as if they hadn't marked anything down and it got to a point where I was getting 25-30 hours per week but could only work a single 5-7 hour shift out of those hours. I would be scheduled during times I had requested off and when I'd say I could come in at 1pm for example instead of 10am, they would just say that it was okay and they didn't need me to come in that day, so I'd lose a lot of shifts.

1 2 3 4 5

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances – Read more