Best Buy Employee Reviews

Best Job Ever
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON28 April 2017
Best Buy played a fundamental role in developing my essential job market skills. It provided an environment focused on success with the help and engagement of friendly, knowledgeable, and caring management team. I learned to become more assertive and explain the key benefits of products to fit the consumers lifestyle.
Pros
Great Team to work with
Cons
Overly structured/bureaucratic environment
Productive and Welcoming work place.
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2017
Job was fairly straight forward.
Tasks were as is
- Weekly update of upcoming sales
- Processing daily arriving and leaving the store
- Assisted in loss prevention through greeting customers at store entrance and watching security cameras of any suspicious activities
Working at BestBuy was a blast
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Gwillimbury, ON26 April 2017
Working at BestBuy was a great experience from the people I worked with to the workload. Very positive environment where everyone was willing to help, the training was beneficial and the website was packed full of products and easy to set up an order for customers.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Customers often upset at low in store stock of wanted items
Exciting and satisfaction in work place everyday
Customer Service & Camera sales (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 April 2017
Wonderful management and staff. Training process was information packed and fast. New opportunities were given to staff often, new or old. Very enjoyable experience, surrounded by smiles everyday.
Pros
Free lunches, Kind staff, lively workplace
Love their core values! Especially "Have fun while being the best!"
LEAD MOBILE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON22 April 2017
Honestly, working at Best Buy was a blast! I had fun while working! I gained a lot of customer service experience as I grew in this company. Aside from the work we do, we set aside hours for our team to get together and do activities. We raise money for some campaigns. Best Buy always worked as a team. Loved to see new faces and talk to people every day!
Pros
Treated the employees like family. Was amazing! Loved working in that environment.
Cons
Sometimes long hours with less employees were a disaster, No breaks that depended on the amount of sick calls we get each day.
worst experience
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 April 2017
everyone in management is before their promotions, they do not care about the employees of their company, they give tons of hassle to employees without any reason every day, this is just for a south common store, Edmonton. the management is worst and I do not know what word I can use beyond worst.
a productive and busy work environment
Customer service specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 April 2017
a typical day at work consisted of helping customers make a transaction and sometimes even helping them make right decisions when purchasing products. this taught me a great deal about customer service.
employee discounts applied to all products
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2017
it's a fast-paced industry when the sales forces are being asked to satisfy all the customer needs. I learned how to do tasks as quick as possible with a high rate of accuracy. customer's satisfaction is the primary goal as well as upselling products. The hardest part of the job is to handle more than three customers at the same time when there is only one worker on the floor and there are more than seven customers are in need of help. The most enjoyable part was talking to customers who share the same passion as you do.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
need more people during peak hour
Great team to work with, fun and always learning!
Mobile Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 April 2017
Love working for Best Buy, it is fun and there is always something new to learn. My position is in mobile and I am so lucky to be in a department that is always changing and there is something new coming out. My team is amazing and very supportive of one another.
Pros
Team outtings and compensation (i.e. WorkPerks and staff dicsount)
Cons
Not enough hours sometimes.
fun work place
Geek squad agent and technical support specialist (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON17 April 2017
i loved working here byt got laid off due to budgjet changes other wise the staff and management where friendly and fun to be with and the work atmosphere was fast paced but non stressful
Enjoyable workplace with nice crew and great break room
Front End Rep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 April 2017
Simple work day with varied tasks and plenty of customers to keep you on you're feet day by day and great staff to be able to communicate with, with the added exception of the break room having a home console for workers to let lose and lay back during breaks
Pros
Great team staff
Cons
Not enough management feedback
Productive and fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 April 2017
• Sold products, services and solutions to customers and helped solve their unique needs
• Offered relevant services and accessories so customer can make informed purchase decisions
• Conducted many successful sales totaling over 40,000 dollars in revenue.
Pros
good staff
Cashier / Customer Service REP
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  yonge and dundas13 April 2017
Very friendly and welcoming work environment, managers are very open. I love working at customer service and cashier but more importantly love making amazing happen!
Foot in the door for marketing skills, social strength development
Customer Service and Stock (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 April 2017
I felt truly privileged in having the opportunity to work for a company that`s widely known for it`s reputation in terms of customer service and a wide array of desired electronic gadgets. Employees are always prepared to answer any question with professional advice, recommendations and suggestions with professional knowledge of products in every department.
Pros
Relationship building
Cons
Would of liked to work longer.
Nice place to work
Picking Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 April 2017
It is not a bad place to work. Employees could be treated better but they do their best for workers' safety. I do believe they could do more in terms of benefit.
Fun upbeat workplace
Sales (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC7 April 2017
Greet customers and assist customers Check on demo models both laptops and tvs. Management was amazing helpful and understanding. Possitive work environment friendly co-workers
Great Place to work
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2017
Best Buy is an amazing place to work with great people. I worked for best buy for two and half years and really enjoyed the work that i had to do day to day.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Corprate
Great environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON6 April 2017
Best Buy offers many great opportunities and benefits, such as staff purchases, benefits, yearly evaluations, etc. Best Buy has a great environment to work at. Everyday is a different day.
Fun place to work for a beginner job!
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2017
Walk up to customers on the floor and try to sell them warranties.

Work-place Culture was amazing made lots of friends.

Meeting the sales quota was difficult and no commission was offered.

Sometimes you get free gadgets though and if you like electronics the job can be very fun!
Pros
Free gadgets sometimes
Cons
Sales quota without commission
Fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB4 April 2017
I love working at Best Buy it is a fun environment and friendly staff who make you feel welcome especially when you are new to the company I don't like management
Pros
Fun environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.