Best Buy Employee Reviews

Found 1,011 reviews matching the search
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
For a student Best Buy is better than most
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 October 2017
Best buy offers benefits even to part time employees that many companies do not. I have found it to be a fairly positive environment during my time working here
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
An amazing environment with a really cool tech
Multi-Channel Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 October 2017
Bestbuy is a great place to be, the culture is one of the best ive ever seen. I have had the privilege of creating new and amazing friendship while working at bestbuy. Everyday is always new and exciting, I Get To meet new people who come in the store who either know everything about technology or nothing at all. Its always fun talking about the new tech that comes out.
Pros
seeing the new tech before it comes out
Cons
Pay and few managers care more about number then anything else
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Lieu de travail
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC11 October 2017
Ambiance chaleureuse, travail d'équipe, formation adéquate!
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Soyez disponibles.
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC9 October 2017
Travailler chez Best Buy peut être exigeant. Pour ma part, j'ai été engagée à temps partiel à cet endroit et j'avais un horaire de temps plein.
Je suis aux études présentement et mon horaire est du lundi au vendredi, de 8h le matin à 4h en après-midi et ils ont mit fin à mon emploi à cet endroit parce que, selon eux, je n'étais pas assez disponible dû à l'école.
J'avais un horaire de 25-30 heures semaine, il est normal que je voulais faire baisser mes heures pour pouvoir aussi me concentrer sur mes études. Aucunement compréhensifs avec les horaires des étudiants, du moins, ce l'était pour ma part.
Aucun respect envers la loi 6-9-15 établie pour les étudiants, la loi étant pas plus de 6 heures par jour, pas plus tard que 9 heures le soir et pas plus de 15 heures par semaine.
Si vous souhaitez travailler au Best Buy, allez-y, mais ne vous attendez pas à ce que votre horaire de disponibilité et vos heures demandées par semaine soient respectées.
Pros
Avantages sociaux.
Cons
Tout le reste.
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Nice entry level place to work
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 October 2017
Best Buy is a nice place to work for your first time, especially if you have experience with technology. However, in my experience, you're not really going to get anywhere working there. Not a lot of people get promoted, and often, it was the people least deserving of a promotion, though that may just have been poor management.
Pros
Usually great people and job culture
Cons
Not much in terms of advancement
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Very positive work environment
Mobile Specialist (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 October 2017
VERY POSITIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT-
Day passes by very quickly when its busy
Love the non commission, no pressure sales structure
Management focuses more on team bonding rather than sales
Learned leadership qualities and exceptional customer service experience
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Friendly team atmosphere
PRODUCT PROCESS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB4 October 2017
Working here was alright, not the best place to be employed in my opinion. The staff are all very kind and friendly but some of them really lack the ability to teach. Overall I did not feel valued or needed at the time I worked at Best Buy.
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
I like Best Buy
Walkie Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 October 2017
A typical day there isn't as hard or bad. They give a lot of raymond machine opportunities no matter who it is. Staff is pretty cool too. I was in Recieving, that section is better than Shipping in my opinion.
Pros
Staff, hours and pay
Cons
Seasonal
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
s'amuser tout en étant les meilleurs
Spécialiste des ventes (Current Employee) –  Granby, QC4 October 2017
une Valeur chez cette entreprise. Ceux-ci applique bien ce principe.

l'atmosphère est agréable, les employés sont souriants et c'est plaisant d'aller travailler. Une excellente entreprise comme introduction dans le domaine de la vente. C'est un bel accompagnement aux notions théoriques du Cégep. Le salaire est le facteur auquel je me recherche un emploi. Le salaire est de base et les augmentations de sont pas représentatives du travail donné en retour, Une méthode d'évaluation qui devrait être à réviser.
Pros
formation, atmosphère
Cons
salaire
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Hectic and stressful
Multi-Channel Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 October 2017
I learned more about the world and about humans as a whole at this job than I ever would have wanted to. I gained invaluable time-management skills, stress management coping mechanisms, and became intimately familiar with client services.
Pros
Educational
Cons
Extremely stressful
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Very fun place to work with and friendly environment. Always helping customer no matter the issue.
Warehouse Worker / sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB3 October 2017
Hardest part of this job was the busy Christmas season. Trucks every 2 days. I learned a lot of social skills when it comes to talking with people i don't know and to help customers with a larger issue then others.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Christmas holidays
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
decent
Operations associate (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC1 October 2017
Best buy was a fun place to work only because you stay fairly busy and the management is good. they are fun and like their employees and treat them well.
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
productive workplace
Full-time General warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 October 2017
fun friendly environment, occasional free lunches, Swiss chalet, pop eyes and potlucks. good overtime hours. good place to work and video games in the lunch room.
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
great place to work and good people to work with
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 October 2017
the most enjoyable part of this job is the people i had worked with
organized the merchandise
great environment
management was great,flexible
hardest part of the job was dealing with stolen merchandise
Pros
company partys
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Workplace culture
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 September 2017
I worked there when the first moved to Canada and it was a fun place to work just wish then the pay was better. From top to bottom it was a great company.
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Hi sir, I am Harkirat singh I am searching the job. I am capable to do any thing because of my truly dedication to do some thing great .
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC22 September 2017
these application is very helpful because help the new people to find in new city this application is great I WOULD LIKE to THANKs to all creator of this application
Pros
there is only benifit of it
Cons
no cons is there
Was this review helpful?YesNo 3Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Just a Job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Greenfield Park, QC22 September 2017
Best Buy was the job I had before finding jobs in the field I wanted. I was working here because I needed to. The is when I learnt that I wasn't meant for sales.

However, the people I worked with were awesome, the outfit was horrible, though. And, I'm not much of a sales person, but regardless, I always gave my best. Sometimes, you win, sometimes you lose. I was 50/50 most of the time.

I enjoyed stacking and organizing everything. I loved doing that. If I could do that and not worry about sales, then I would have loved it here more but unfortunately that was not the case.

This job is great, it just wasn't something I saw myself grow in, that's all. I would still recommend working here because there is room to grow.
Pros
Cost price
Cons
Outfit
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
First job
Multi channel sales associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON21 September 2017
Spent most of my time talking with customers, stocking shelves, selling warranties and interacting with other employees. A great first job for someone looking to get into sales.
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
only if youre in need of a job
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 September 2017
not a place id want to move up. its too much like... high school. a lot of BS and it just gets really annoying. otherwise the pay is not great but the work is usually minimal
Was this review helpful?YesNo 1Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Nice workplace with great people and decent break room.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 September 2017
I worked from 2pm to usually 11pm monday-friday and it was a decent place to work at. The employees were nice, and my manager was a nice guy. Work was usually just grabbing items and putting it on a pallet, wrapping the pallet and then loading the pallet onto the trucks. A little monotonous but the breaks were nice as it had multiple tv's and a ps3 connected to one for people to relax.
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Claimed Profile

Want to know more about working here?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ask a Question

Overall rating

3.9
Based on 14,875 reviews
5 stars
4 stars
3 stars
2 stars
1 star

Ratings by category

Work/Life Balance
3.7
Salary/Benefits
3.5
Job Security/Advancement
3.3
Management
3.5
Culture
3.8