Best Buy Employee Reviews

A workplace that illustrates having fun while being the best.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 January 2017
Everyday at Bestbuy is different, but its same in the fact that everyday is an exciting and fun day. I learned alot through bestbuy. I learned how to manage a team. How to run a department smoothly. How to hit targets in a fun and productive way so that all employees are really engaged to work. The workplace culture is always friendly and fun. Everyone is always smiling at work and you can go to anyone when you need help! The mornings are started with a game that will get everyone perked up for the exciting day ahead. I enjoyed coming to work and just giving exceptional customer service, allowing the our clients to always come back looking for me!
Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON21 February 2017
Worked at Best Buy as my first job in high school. They were not willing to accommodate with my schooling and I was scheduled to work nearly every day of the week even after explaining that I couldn't. The pay is minimum wage which is fine if it's just a part time job. Management was absolutely awful. Treated people so poorly and were so full of themselves, and so were the employees. No one was willing to help at all.
Cons
Awful management, not many breaks if any, not willing to accommodate
Enjoyable first job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS14 January 2017
During my seasonal position as a cashier at Best Buy I learned many key customer service strategies. It was my first job and I didn't know what was needed to ensure a customer was happy leaving a company or business. Best Buy helped show me ways and techniques to ensure my customer was happy with our services. After my few weeks of training I was able to serve my customer with ease, answer any questions they may have and ensure they left with a positive experience.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Seasonal
Being Amazing while having fun at work
Counter Intelligence Agent - 3 (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 February 2017
Great place to work if you are interested in Retail industry. Great people works here and make this place an amazing experience for shopping almost everything in the store and online.
Geek Sqaud technicians are the best as they help like a True Friend and not just an employee
Pros
Good Pay, Growth opportunities for those who wish to excel
Cons
Have to deal with unnecessary arguments about the Protections Plans
Productive workplace with amazing cafeteria
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 January 2017
Productive days of working.

Learned how to use a scanner
Learned how to drive a walkie machine
Learned how to palletize
Learned how to ship products

Management was very professional when handling warehouse issues.

Co-workers were amazing,

Hardest part of the job was lifting awkward-handling heavy items.

Best part of the job was the co-workers and the break room (cafeteria)
Pros
Employee appreciation day. enjoyable co-workers.
Cons
Long hours for some who choose. Holidays become increasingly difficult to keep up with
Best Buy
Best Buy auditor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 January 2017
Best Buy is one of Canada’s largest and most successful retailers, operating the Best Buy (www.bestbuy.ca), Best Buy Mobile, and Geek Squad (www.geeksquad.ca) brands. The Company offers consumers a unique shopping experience with the latest technology and entertainment products, plus an expanded assortment of lifestyle products offered through www.bestbuy.ca, at the right price, with a no-pressure (non-commissioned) sales environment.
Best Buy Canada warehouse.
reach truck and MHE operator clamps , forks (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 January 2017
Love working at Bestbuy , been there as a permanent part-time associate since 2008 . no issues at all. I have recommended many others to work for best buy as well and they love it too. they give complimentary lunches and the places is clean and vary muti cultural. and the training of equipment and other departments is open to anyone willing to learn . Fantastic company . the pay is Amazing .
Cruel and Disorganized nightmare
Operations (Former Employee) –  Ontario10 December 2016
Not a good place to work if you are a new employee coming in as a part of a leadership team. The senior employees do not take well to a newbie despite the new addition being a friendly and hard worker. Place is full of untrue rumors and the staff own the management. Sometimes a lot of jealousy and childish rumors if staff feel they were wronged. Management plays you for a fool and uses you until you have completed a job for them and then ditches you, for their benefit.
Pros
Staff discounts.
Cons
False rumors and a place for students to work while in school. Not for adults.
productiveve place
Computer Technician (geek squad agent) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 January 2017
Amazing place to work and have fun at the same time with committed work culture, a relaxed atmosphere. provide a good sense of security,training and a mix of culture and diversity. ability to thrive and learn capable skills also the flexibility of working in any department you qualified for,
Pros
relaxed working enviroment
Cons
not a very diplomatic management team
Fun and friendly work environment
Mobile Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON30 January 2017
Working at Best Buy has helped me gain sale experience, Managers provided us with proper training in order to enhance job performance.
At Best Buy we had this small group called evoice, where a small group of the workers would plan work events to bring all the staff closer.
Pros
Good learning opportunities, great leadership and work events
Cons
Not enough hours
productive, and great environment to work in
Connected Solutions Specialist (Employee Position) (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON19 February 2017
I've learned great customer service skills and sales skills, improving my skills progressively as I work there. A typical day will be restocking shelfs with units, putting some devices on demo displays, consulting customers with products and recommending services that will benefit them. As well as cleaning the tills and display areas when the store is closing. The management is fantastic, as they listen to my recommendations and concerns I might have. The hardest part of the job is when there isn't much customer traffic through the store and meeting the sales goals we want to reach. The most enjoyable part of working at Best Buy is everything, the staff is amazing, there is great customer experience and much to learn on and off the job.
Product Process = 4 hours per week
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 January 2017
I love the people at Best Buy, but for whatever reason, from Christmas 2016 on, the part-timers in Product Process only get 4 hours per week. 8 hours if you are lucky. Best Buy, how the heck am I supposed to pay my mortgage on that ??? I didn't even get any hours on Boxing Day !! How mind-boggling is that ??? On Boxing Day it's supposed to be "all hands on deck" with people working up to 12 hours if they want it. But I never got the chance to even participate ! If you want to work at Best Buy, work as a Cashier or at Ops, they're the ones who get the hours. Stay away from Product Process! In 2015 I was able to work 30 hours per week which kept me up to date on my mortgage, but not anymore! Forget you Best Buy Canada, I am gone and I am never going back !!!
Pros
Nice co-workers, getting good discounts on cables and batteries
Cons
4 hours per week.
Harsh, cold and unfair enviroment
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 January 2017
I worked at One touch direct for Best Buy, and after three years of working for them i have found that they are a horrible company that does not care about its employees. They will not help anyone that truly needs it as they simply do not care everyone is just a number that can be replaced.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, no discounts, improper ways to complete tasks
Not a great workplace, poor management.
Senior Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Senior Repair Technician19 December 2016
GM of the Vernon location is a certified bully. I was on the spot given the option to quit or be fired, after 3 consecutive years of the best technical service that store ever gave. I have hundreds of clients that can attest to this, however I feel this was some sort of personal decision, one that should always stay out of business.
Good environment
Mobile Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 December 2016
Always on the sales floor promoting and speaking with customers.
interpersonal communication skills, self-confidence, ability to close a sale.
Leadership was helpful and efficient.
The work environment was good in terms of coworkers
the most enjoyable was managing customers as the volume increased, and creating an experience for the customers.
Fun coworkers, mediocre job
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 November 2016
The atmosphere with the coworkers is very fun, there are constant outings put on by the management so there are plenty of opportunities to get together and make coworkers friends. My issue is the rapid turnover of employees, the lack of competent electronics with which to perform your job, and the lack of help from managers when dealing with difficult customers.
If you work in sales you can count on learning a ton about the products.
Pros
Good team, fun atmosphere
Cons
management isn't always helpful, frequent rude customers
"OKAY" Job. Poor Management
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE15 January 2017
Work environment wasn't too bad, long shifts of standing & walking. Management was horrible. When i needed appropriate keys to obtain locked up product for customers, all radios were silent for long periods of time, so the customer had to wait for a long time.
Pros
Socializing with customers / Good Pay
Cons
Poor Management
Fun and energetic workplace
Mobile Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC9 December 2016
Best Buy is a dynamic place, with customers coming in and out of the store all day. The management works hard to make sure all employees give their best, not only to the company, but to customers as well.
The hardest part is the eventual impolite customer. The best part is the team and the energy.
Pros
Great discounts for staff
Cons
Impolite customers
Great place to work!
Connected Solutions Associate (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON6 January 2017
I worked for best buy for a little over a year. The staff was friendly and my managers were great! Hours are great and flexible and they give you a lot of opportunities to advance your knowledge in your given department with quick and easy quizzes.
Pros
Great staff, Flexible hours
Cons
Boxing day/Black Friday can be stressful
Great team to work with and it was a great environment at my store!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2016
I was happy with my time at Best Buy. Our workdays as managers usually consisted of answering emails, making sure the computers and systems to sell phones were up and running, helping customers find their perfect mobile solution, and making sure the staff is performing their job duties in addition to coaching them to ensure they're constantly improving. I would say the hardest and most fulfilling part of the job, at my location at least, was dealing with the clientele. It was a great feeling once someone was able to get a phone, but getting them approved was a challenge.
Pros
Being in control of your store, being able to build a great team
Cons
The clientele at the mall I was at was not the most desirable