Best Buy

Best Buy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Salesmen Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 31, 2015
Pros: very easy going people, flexible hours and great benefits
Cons: only one break per shift, I prefer a 15 min twice rather then 1 half hour
A typical day starts within Best buy includes jumping right into work which detail in communicating with customers to find the right and best product for that consumer. I learned many ways to deal with customers and my product knowledge increased to a point way selling $2000 Mac-book's came at ease with increased up selling of different products such as Microsoft word or even protection plans. Co-workers would always work together to get the best experience for the customer because we are on a no commission bases. The hardest part was honestly was not being able to close a sale in the beginning but as my experience grew the easier it got to finalize the sale.
Good culture and entertaining
Sales - Computer Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Appreciation on good job
Cons: Less pay
work with fun and great opportunity to develop relationship with customers. Good incentives and motivation.
Sometimes, mostly week ends are very busy.
I enjoyed taking challenge of the sales target and achieved it fast with appreciation of the management.
Best buy
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orleans, ONJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Good Environment
Cons: Not enough hours
Working at Best Buy is a great way to develop and hone your sales associate skills. Due to the fact you need to ask opened ended questions and produce a solution that works best for you customer. Some days are busy, some completely boring. Management is awesome and helpful. Careful, when your store doesn't meet budget, your hours get cut too.
Great expirience
Merchandiser (Former Employee), innes and mer bluJuly 23, 2015
When future shop closed best buy took over and as one of thier seasonal grand opening employees i had a great time working thier, from great managment to co workers everything flowed smoothly and i was sad to go.
Good Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Laval, QCJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Good work environment
Cons: Long Hours
Overall working at best buy gave me some good experience with customers which helped me get some experience. I learned how to handle the cash and help customers. My co-workers were nice and helped me out when i needed help. There was nothing extremely difficult about working at Best Buy, but the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in a team environment.
productive, friendly, good work eviroment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 21, 2015
it's a pretty good place to work if you're a student; a fun environment to work in and the people you work with are generally friendly.
Great place to work with fun people to work with
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIJuly 9, 2015
My manager is one of the best that I have had and he actually cares about his employees which is nice to see. The work I do keeps me busy everyday and there is rarely a dull moment.
Productive and fun workplace
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2015
Pros: meeting new people, making lots of sales. Working in a team or no team environment.
Best buy is one of the greatest company's I worked for, Even though the time was cut sort i would love to work there again. everyone was on the ball. everyone worked together and the management was awesome. Best buy was more like a family if someone messed up everyone was there to lend a helping hand. I learned so much from my time at best buy even though it was a seasonal position Best buy is what made me passionate about electronics grow to what it is. I loved talking to customers and making get a better understanding of the products. It was amazing to see customers come back or bring family in just to talk to see and my other co-workers because they felt comfortable in the information we would give them. For me best buy wasn't work because I loved every minute I had there helping customers and meeting new people and that is the kind of job I love.
Friendly and productive sales workplace
sales associate (Former Employee), calgary ABJune 30, 2015
Pros: great work experience
Cons: too many hours in a week while in school
A generic work day included me clocking in for and 8 and a half work day, which started with me organizing my clip board and making sure the floor was presentable in my department. The day consisted of me and fellow employees working with various customers that were mostly looking to buy a new home television since I worked in the Home Theatre department. A large part of the day was being able to reach our percent sales numbers for our service warranties which can sometimes be a struggle. It was good to have these numbers as a goal to reach and it made sure work was getting accomplished efficiently.
Encouraging working environment
Merchandising product in show room (Current Employee), St. Albert, AlbertaJune 26, 2015
Pros: Very helpful co-workers
Cons: not enough product knowledge
working at best buy with out a doubt the most interesting job i have ever had so far, everytime I would make a mistake whether it be big or small, my managers and co-workers are always there to encourage me to do better next and are very helpful when I am in need of help, it was very encouraging place to be at.
great
Manager (Former Employee), OakvilleJune 23, 2015
company is good i like tech computers apple microsoft laptops business is profitable, i like selling warrenty, awesome at sales
best buy review
Sales Consultant (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, AbJune 18, 2015
Pros: the environment, helping customers with everyday things. the discounts
Cons: slow days, stay slow days. 8hr shifts
great work space! would love to work there again! Theres not job id rather have. Mangers were a little rude at the time, but overall a great job to have.
Friendly people to work with
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 16, 2015
Best Buy was a friendly place to work and enjoyed working with my co workers.. I really loved going to work everyday, I enjoyed going to work and meeting new clients everyday...
Fun workplace with entertaining staff
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee), Ajax, ONJune 15, 2015
I would assist customers with any help needed. I would re stock shelves or work at cashier. The co-workers and managers were really fun to work with.
About what you'd expect
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Langley, BCJune 11, 2015
Pros: Good environment
Cons: Not enough training
Decent wages and benefits. Nice co workers although management can be difficult to get a hold of sometimes. Also not very good training available.
Creative, Fun place to work
Sales (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJune 9, 2015
Great job. Management was easy to get along with, great team. Enjoyed being on the sales floor helping customers. A typical day consisted of talking to several people and products. Co-workers were great team, most enjoyable part was selling the best products.
Energetic Team Environment
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCJune 6, 2015
Pros: Staff activities, Sales training
Cons: High Turnover
Every day starts with a unity meeting with games and quizzes. The staff is very friendly and helps each other wherever possible.
Its a great job to get training and experience with sales and customer service. The company has great values that encourage discovery, integrity and growth.
Because it is so progressive, the business changes a lot. There is a lot of training needed and a high turnover rate.
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 1, 2015
I have gained a lot of skills from this work place which will lead me to my future success in any work place. I have also made some very good connections at this work place as well.
Very Disappointed
Geek Squad Manager (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 29, 2015
I don't think Best Buy as a company can overlook how many employees are disappointed with the lack of accountability with management. They use their employees as guinea pigs to do their dirty work and shows no respect.
Great place to work and even better people to work with
Connected Solutions Sales Specialist (Former Employee), London, ONMay 21, 2015
Pros: Amazing Co-Workers
Cons: Empty days
-Our expertise were always challenged and we as a team loved a good challenge

-I learned how to adapt in the most brutal time of year for large retailers such as best buy

-Management was excellent with motivation, acknowledgment and maintaining a loving atmosphere

-The most difficult part of the job was having to stand for long periods of time

-The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make sales that employees with the highest of seniority could not achieve

1 2 3 4 5

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances – Read more