Best Buy Employee Reviews

Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits. Greet customers entering establishments. Answer customers' questions, and
Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC22 July 2017
Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
Pros
slkacslka
Cons
sam cma
Fun workplace
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 July 2017
this was a great high school job, worked with my schedule well. It taught great skills such as being knowledgable about many different products, facing challenges, and rush hour. Management was great at teaching skills and having a positive environment.
Winter season
Product Process and Loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON19 July 2017
Very fast paced environment when working during the winter season. Boxing day is the day they train and work you up to. Then once the holiday season is over they drop many employees.
Product Process Specialist
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 July 2017
A great environment; however, as a product process specialist. This position was not uplifting when having to stand at the front receptionist the majority of the day. However, merchandising items kept me busy which allowed me to communicate with customers; which taught me how to communicate with customers.
Pros
Joyful, Uplifting employees
Cons
Standing for long hours
Great place to work with job advancement opportunities
Mobile Lead (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON17 July 2017
If you are motivated and want to move up they will coach you and help you get to the place you want to be. The environment is a good place to work and being in a small town store offers a chance to get to know customers.
Pros
Great Discounts
Cons
Weekend shifts
Better Retail position than most
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Downsview, ON14 July 2017
With the exception of a store like Apple, I believe bestbuy gives you close to the best you're gonna get in terms of money and responsibliities compared to most big-chain electronics retail stores (like The Source, WalMart, and most cellphone stores).
Pros
Fun environment, lax responsibilities, good culture
Cons
Horrible wages, contradictory management, very little upward movement (its who you're buds with, not your credentials)
Productive and fun workplace
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 July 2017
at the start of every shift you feel like you're going to a friends house to socialize but at the same time every day is very productive. learnt a lot about sales and how to operate a warehouse and the best customer service experience I've ever had.
Général
Vendeuse (Current Employee) –  Rosemère, QC13 July 2017
Pas de formation très stricte, on apprend sur le tas
Bcp d'expérience acquise
Facile de communiquer avec les gérants
Les employés s'entendent bien
Pros
staff cool, belle ambiance, rabais employé
Cons
courtes pauses, pas de commission
Management, pay,and job duties are terrible. only redeeming factor is from aside the GM the people are friendly.
Sales Associate in the Computer Department (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB13 July 2017
A day of the salesman will start off by grabbing a clipboard and walking around making sure customers are being helped. When its dead (the entire summer) you clean, we have janitors but they'll make you clean instead. Majority of my coworkers are friendly most actually being high school students because no one with any actual experience on how a business should be ran lasts long. The General manager frequently engages in shady business practices such as forcing people to quiet by cutting hours down or just flat out saying i accept your resignation, most are too fed up or afraid to fight it. also if your a student expect to be paid far less than even a newer untrained regular employee, full time or not.
Pros
Friendly people.
Cons
Everything else.
Best buy
SALES/LOSS PREVENTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON13 July 2017
Its been a very long time since i work at Best buy great starter company. To get hands on training and learn management skills and customer service...

Want to know more about Best Buy?

Ask a question
A fast and fun environment.
Geek Squad Agent (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 July 2017
Not a bad place to work, everyone is friendly. I felt at home when was there. The things you deal with is half pc/laptop repair and the other half is helping people at front desk
Easy going bosses, fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 July 2017
Being able to interact with new people each and everyday was a lot of fun and helping them find an electronic product that fit into their lifestyle and budget was always a challenge but i never found a challenge i couldnt accomplish
Amazing place with lifelong friends
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON5 July 2017
I have been working here for almost 7 years and it has been great. The work environment is always fantastic thanks to the great management. Everyone is very supportive and accomdating to everyone else interests and needs. Great place to work
Great leadership
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2017
The leadership at bestbuy is always supportive. Room to grow is plenty in sales, other department not so much. Pay is relatively low, but same goes to most retail, however the intrinsic rewards such as job autonomy and generally a fun place to work helps.
Its ok
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC3 July 2017
Pay is about average for retail without commission, benefits are good. Management is also flexible with student schedules and life.Compensation is low.
good chance to explore new things
Mobile specialist (Current Employee) –  Holborn3 July 2017
There is lot of fun as well as great opportunities to learn new things .Everyday deal with new people and had unique experience.I was helping one customer which as so annoyed with his phone because it as not working bu hen I checked It was few settings need to be fixed and other day it took so long to get hold with channel care of one carrier.I m learning lot from day to day experience about new problems and how to resolve them as well as chance to know different people.It is a good platform to develop the management skills to manage and prioritise the issues while working with different people who belong to different cultures.You learn how to deal with hard customer and satisfy them which is most important and hardest part of our jobs because customer satisfaction is must, which is most enjoyable as well. To deal with customers and sort out their queries is most pleasurable part of the job.
Bestbuy
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB29 June 2017
.. They are restructuring....which means the management is getting rid of staff they Don't like. As for raises the most you"'ll see if you are lucky is 20 cent yearly. You are basicly working with all kids , that think they know everything . Good luck
Pros
Lunch
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON29 June 2017
Best Buy has by far been the best place I have worked at. When I first started working here, the atmosphere was very welcoming and it started feeling like a family. This place has shown me how to grow as a better person and how to be more independent.
Pros
Work Events, Second Home
Cons
Not Enough hours
Fun and stressful
Geek Squad Agent (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON28 June 2017
It has its ups and downs. Upper management swaps out so fast that it is hard to have a consistent message or flow. Though I was full time, my colleagues and I were always worried about our jobs. I survived 5 re-structures and saw many people get let go. Overall a fun place to work if you like tech, but not a life career choice.
Co-op at best buy
Sales associate- Co-op (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 June 2017
i work at Best Buy as my coop placement and had an amazing experience the people were amazing and I became quick friends with and the work and helping customers was very enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.