Best Buy Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
amazing workplace with options to take additional breaks if employee feels nessary
Sales Representative (Part Time) (Current Employee), North York, ONMay 22, 2016
its an amazing job for experience. they take very good care of you. everyone loves to help each other out. this company also gives you alot of options to climb up the ladder
Fun work enviroment
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 20, 2016
Fun place to work. Great place to learn workplace skills and someone starting out in the work force. Teaches you lots of skills that you need in life and need in the workforce.
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 18, 2016
Pros: Good Management and Discount
Cons: Location
Best Buy was a good company to work for, however had a dramatic environment. The management was great at encouragement and I loved my job, however I had a very hard commute there causing me to end my time.
Fun Workplace
Recruiter/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 17, 2016
This was my first retail experience as i was in school and it was great to be a part of this company. The management was great and always eager to help the employees reach their goals.
Fun to work at
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Brantford, ONMay 12, 2016
Aot to do in a shift cool technology Great staff and a great company! Sad to have only been contracted Seasonal and hope to work with them again!
Supportive and effective team of workers. Try not to spend too much money in the food court.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), London, ONMay 9, 2016
Pros: Good team communication
I find it very weird to come into a place and rate my success there off of how much other people want to spend their money. I will likely not have a future in sales. That being said, you are not on commission here so there is a lot less pressure to sell which is nice.
weekly lunch, weekly games
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Scott Road,BCMay 7, 2016
i like working in the friendly environment company like best buy. My seniors care about me and help me in building up my career.
A very playful and helping environment
Cashier in Operations (Former Employee), London, ONMay 3, 2016
A typical day at worked involved attending to customers at the cash, showing customers that you are available, cleaning the workspace, and organizing cases by putting them in corresponding bins or putting empty ones in the back storage room. By doing this I learned a lot about technology and how to socialize with others. The management was very nice and playful, they would answer any questions and joked around light-heatedly. Co-workers are also very playful and are always there to give a helping hand.
The hardest part of the job is if you do not know much about the products, it can be difficult to answer a customer's question. Most enjoyable is being able to work in such a great environment and being able to meet so many new people.
Fun workplace to be.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONApril 26, 2016
Pros: Lunches paid by GM's
Cons: Not organized. Should stick to big stores.
This place is one of the only second homes I got and I really enjoyed it. I honestly loved working for them and I would have never asked for no other first customer service/retail experience. Great team and great deals.
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 26, 2016
very helping co workers.
good management
good training for new comers
exceptional customer service
good communication skills
Co-op work here from school
Salesman Co-op student (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: I'm a gamer so the criteria was very easy to understand peoples questions
Cons: free work, days seemed to drag as short as it was.
it was just helping customers, and stock. not much happened here, wasn't aloud to use the cash but was able to do everything as if I was an employee. I was in the gaming section of the store.
Fun work Enviorment
Connected Solution Specialist (Co-op) (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABApril 21, 2016
co-workers are so friendly and helpful . love to work in such kind of enviorment. Pay rate is not upto mark. i have learned a lot about existing and new electronics technologies coming out in market.
loved the people
sales (Former Employee), Vaudreuil-Dorion, QCApril 16, 2016
its a great learning experience. the staff are always willing to help you learn and it a great environment. you learn about all of the products and how to sell them.
Fun Place and Great to Learn and Grow At
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 14, 2016
A great place to work with new challenges every day. The people are great and we build a strong family and team culture. Tremendous opportunities to build from, and great coaching and feedback from all levels.
Perfect place to be a more mature individual while having fun at work
QC H4N 3K1 (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 9, 2016
BestBuy is a company that teaches you, not only to sell products and attach warranties or geek squad, they teach you how to behave in any scenario with any customer and to get the job done ethically.
It is a very good place to start off from the bottom and there are possibilities to grow in the company if you are willing to put the effort into it.
Production and Fun Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2016
A typical day of work was customer interaction, making sales. Coworkers were amazing. Most enjoyable part was meeting new people and helping them out
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Whitby, ONApril 6, 2016
Pros: lots of free incentives.. free food/lunches/huge product discounts
you get to use your phone while you work & the managers are chill with talking when there are no customers, as long as the store and sections are tidy
Fun fast paced atmosphere.
General Manager (Former Employee), CanadaMarch 30, 2016
Amazing company to work for, I would recommend it as a life long career company. Reasonable hours despite it being retail with amazing support staff to help you achieve your goals.
Experience
Spécialiste du service à la clientèle (Former Employee), Vaudreuil-Dorion, QCMarch 28, 2016
Pros: nana
My work experience in Canada has been rewarding because I learned different techniques servcio customers has helped me improve my service every day

It is a good company to work.
Flexible and Honest Work Environment
Order Picker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 17, 2016
Pros: Discounts
I learned more interpersonal and communication skills being a part of the Best Buy community. I enjoyed the benefits and the work/life balance.
Links