Best Buy Employee Reviews in Canada

Always sometime new
Mobile Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ONAugust 29, 2016
Best Buy was fun because I was able to work with all types of electronics, from morning till night I could always find something to do and really helped me pass the time while working.
Excellent training and opportunity for advancement
Sales Associate (Home Solutions) (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 23, 2016
Best Buy is a great place to work, with fantastic training programs and lots of opportunity for advancement.

The sales position is made much less stressful with a no commission strategy, and employees are given a range of techniques to close sales in a more constructive way for the customer. Associates are encouraged to sell the right products rather than the most expensive ones, allowing you to build better trust and a better long term relationship with the customer. Between e-learnings and seminars, associates are given many tools to properly assess the customer's needs, and get them the best solution.

The company encourages promotions and hiring from within for their Geek Squad and corporate positions. I personally want to get into the Geek Squad, and I've been put on the track to get there. I'm very happy with this company, and can see a long career with them.
Pros
Good break room, friendly co-workers, team building exercises
Cons
Difficult to get hours when first starting
Great for part time students, awesome benefits
Loss Prevention Specialist/Product Process Senior (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 18, 2016
A typical day at work involved a an equal amount of physical labor and customer service. Team work was essential and developing good interpersonal skills was key to success both with customers and fellow employees. Met a lot of interesting people in different phases of their lives and learned much from them. Management was the key difference between a store that ran well and one that struggled. Hardest part of the job was the time demands especially during the holidays. Best part of the job was the benefits that even part timers are eligible for. Better than a lot of places at a similar pay level.
Working with tech and people
Counter Intelligence Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONAugust 18, 2016
helping people with their computer related issues. many different challenges with multiple solutions. you get what you pay for and best buy will deliver.
Great part time job for students
Sales Represenative (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILAugust 16, 2016
This is a great part time job for students who are interested in working with technology.

The pay was slightly above average, and the job culture was fun and upbeat.
Boring
Seasonal Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCAugust 15, 2016
There are better places to work at, if you don't want to sign a contract each year. The environment is boring and monotonous. However, it is well organized.
Worked here during the christmas break
Cashier/Computer Accessories sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2016
Worked here during the christmas break, learned a lot about customer service and a great place for your first job. Would definitely work again
it was fun and exciting, but difficult for me working for that company.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBAugust 9, 2016
I enjoyed my time at best buy, but i had a hard time being accepted by certain co-workers. I found it difficult to be part of that team.
Pros
Hours we're nice
Cons
One member of Management was condescending
Best Buy
Cashier/ Customer Service/ Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONAugust 8, 2016
Great company to work for a student. The hours are pretty flexible with school. As well, the staff are great, easy going. Management are great to work with.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
unpredictable hours
AWESOME place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 8, 2016
amazing work environment
supportive team
cool perks
very customer oriented
must be up to date with all new technologies and softwares
Fast pace environment
very cliquey
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABAugust 2, 2016
i was with the company for 3 years was great at first but could not take vacation time when needed due to big box politics and management. very much like high school when it comes to the cultre there
Good work environment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJuly 27, 2016
Good and productive so much things to learn in best buy staff are good polite and helpful and is a good environment to learn, adapt to the situations and learn customer service.
Awesome
Connected Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2016
It is a really nice atmosphere, everyone is really friendly and always willing to help. There is continuous learning, and a lot of electronics to learn about. Never boring!
Supportive team with great teaching
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ONJuly 11, 2016
The days started out with a meeting and going over our goals. Everyone that worked there was very supportive and had a good team oriented mindset. Managers gave performance enhancing learning regularly to increase knowledge.
Pros
Teamwork and Support
Cons
It was an okay company to work for
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 11, 2016
I didn't like the management at the workplace because I found most of the managers to be very lazy. They didn't perform their best on a daily basis. So that demotivated other employees to do better.
great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 27, 2016
It was a great experience and opportunity to work at Best Buy. The staff was great, I would definitely work there again if given the opportunity.
Fun workplace with a nice employee room in back.
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 27, 2016
Very good company to work for, there is a lot of information that you need to learn however, which can be somewhat stressful.
Pros
Discounted electronics
Cons
Varied Hours.
Fun but hard work
Microsoft Consultant/ Geek Squad Agent (Former Employee) –  KingstonJune 27, 2016
Best buy was an extremely family oriented job and had a lot of pros and cons. Everyone worked fast paced and efficient to help one another
Pros
Fun and family oriented
Cons
Having to work holiday 14 hour shifts.
Very fun and challenging
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 25, 2016
Typical day at work can be either balanced between busy and very busy you are always on your feet and ready at all times for oncoming situations.

Being at best buy has not only taught me to be organized, independent and a team player, it is strongly revolved around clientele support and satisfaction. working in this environment has made me strongly capable of dealing with others problems and simultaneously managing mine to accommodate for others needs. Being a leader and giving constructive criticism to help improve myself and peers has given great results in the field as being apart of the best buy corporation.

Management is always there if there is issues and concerns. asking questions and opportunities has always been open for qualifications.
scheduling can be tedious at times although there is always ways to comprehend the dilemma.

Peers and coworkers are always active and engaged in being positive towards each other wether the altercation. "Do not let differences come between the professional work space". I choose to deal with those situation either one on one or with a higher position amidst.

The most difficult part of the job can be to stay within a good element at all times despite the fact of busy traffic, angry clients or frustration outside of work, although based off what i have learned it hasn't been a problem for me as an individual to formulate techniques around those obstacles.

Work can always be fun depending on what you make of the situation
to sum up what i enjoy about my job is to build rapport and seeing a smile on someones face knowing
  more... they will remember me as individual who laid a positive track on their journey through life, that to me is satisfactory at its finest.  less
Na
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJune 23, 2016
Job - I like

I learned lot of technical and management skill

My co- workers are really helping

No Hard part, looking for new challenges