Best Buy Employee Reviews in Canada

Sales (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCJune 22, 2016
Best buy is a great environment to work in, you learn a lot and management is always willing to help coach you into becoming better and also excelling in your job.

Best part of the job is being able to communicate with customers and gain a more personal connection with your client.

The staff is also always friendly, working with each other to help each other.
Pros
great work environment, management is great
Cons
shift work varies
A very playful and helping environment
Cashier in Operations (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 3, 2016
A typical day at worked involved attending to customers at the cash, showing customers that you are available, cleaning the workspace, and organizing cases by putting them in corresponding bins or putting empty ones in the back storage room. By doing this I learned a lot about technology and how to socialize with others. The management was very nice and playful, they would answer any questions and joked around light-heatedly. Co-workers are also very playful and are always there to give a helping hand.
The hardest part of the job is if you do not know much about the products, it can be difficult to answer a customer's question. Most enjoyable is being able to work in such a great environment and being able to meet so many new people.
Perfect place to be a more mature individual while having fun at work
QC H4N 3K1 (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 9, 2016
BestBuy is a company that teaches you, not only to sell products and attach warranties or geek squad, they teach you how to behave in any scenario with any customer and to get the job done ethically.
It is a very good place to start off from the bottom and there are possibilities to grow in the company if you are willing to put the effort into it.
Supportive and effective team of workers. Try not to spend too much money in the food court.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ONMay 9, 2016
I find it very weird to come into a place and rate my success there off of how much other people want to spend their money. I will likely not have a future in sales. That being said, you are not on commission here so there is a lot less pressure to sell which is nice.
Pros
Good team communication
Great Work Environment
Connected Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 11, 2016
Best buy is a great place to work, mainly because of the environment you are working in. The people who work their are great and easy to get along with and the sales floor offers the ability to increase your customer service as well as communication skills as there are constant opportunities to talk with the general public as well as your cooworkers. Management is great as well, they are friendly, and motivational offering up their knowledge and experience on a daily basis to help their staff succeed in monthly goals as well as other goals the individual may have.
Warehouse Workplace
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMarch 15, 2016
A typical day at work depending on the day is pretty busy, always work to be done, on Wednesdays and Thursdays those are our truck days so there is lots of work to be done.

I learned to always keep an open mind because no work day is repeated there is always something different to do everyday

Management is good at what they do, i have nothing bad to say

the hardest part about my job is trying to get everyone on the same page and do the same amount of work, there is always at least 1 or 2 people in every department who do not want to do the work required and that's frustrating for me

i enjoy almost every aspect of my job, i love doing plan-o-grams and putting up new demos, i like keeping the warehouse as clean as possible.
Pros
we get a 30 minutes lunch
Cons
only 71/2 hour shifts instead of the full 8 hours
Co-op work here from school
Salesman Co-op student (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 25, 2016
it was just helping customers, and stock. not much happened here, wasn't aloud to use the cash but was able to do everything as if I was an employee. I was in the gaming section of the store.
Pros
I'm a gamer so the criteria was very easy to understand peoples questions
Cons
free work, days seemed to drag as short as it was.
Flexible job with a great supportive team
Product Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCMarch 8, 2016
I've loved working at the Best Buy Chilliwack location. The management is sincerely interested in their employees and their long term goals and is flexible with positions, and hours.

The staff there is quite young (between late teens and mid twenties) but aside from a little gossip, the team works well together and are eager to spend time outside of work.

The most frustrating things mostly revolve around corporate communications or outdated fixtures and tools but from my experience the head office staff are very involved and aware of concerns and want to help. It just generally takes a while.

This store is ranked one of the highest in the company not only for sales and customer experience but also for staff satisfaction.
Pros
supportive management, flexible hours, fun staff
Cons
gossip
Corrupt!
PPA (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKFebruary 16, 2016
This company is so corrupt it's not even funny! I would assume the other location is the same way, but when I started working at Best Buy, it was fast, easy, and great communication. I started on cash, then I got moved to another location for PPA team, turns out this place was run by foreigners and once I started working at this location, they laid me off for no reason!

The management is so evil, when I got moved to that location, there were very few Canadian citizen workers, most of the employees I talked to were specifically from India area, none of them spoke English or any at all.

In addition to the lay off, a supervisor told me he got laid off shortly after I did. I love this company, I hate the people who work there!
Pros
Tech lovers will enjoy working here as much as I did
Cons
Beware who's managing your location...
Decent place to work
MCSA (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCFebruary 7, 2016
Probably my favorite place to work, due to me actively enjoying the tech industry and working in it. The management was great at first, but during the holiday season it obviously got a little worse, but you can't really complain about that. Overall great company, and if given the chance I'd love to work there again, as I was on a Seasonal Contract.
Pros
Food provided for holidays, benefits, great staff, excellent discounts
Cons
Holiday Season
friendly and comfortable job environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 27, 2016
I am new to Canada and my friend job in Canada is Customer Service Representative in Best Buy .

This job saw to deal with the customers and to handle their problem with the products or questions regarding our Services.This job gave me experience dealing with different customers.

I enjoyed working in situations which are with different customers and with helping co-workers and understandable seniors and managers.
Pros
free lunch
Bestbuy Warehoure
Bestbuy Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCFebruary 20, 2016
-A typical day of work consisted of lifting objects which vary in weight, organizing, and putting them away to their designated area.

-What I learned from the job is that safety is the most important thing along with productivity.

-Management was very understanding and straight forward regarding to having a flexible schedule and with what they expected from you as an employee. Co-workers were also very helpful and enjoyable to be around.

-Hardest part of the job would be doing tasks efficiently as there are many products to be separated so it can be difficult to do under a certain amount of time. Meanwhile the most enjoyable part of the job would be working with other people because having someone to work with made it feel like you weren't at work.
Pros
Great cafeteria, accessible parking, Great working atmosphere
Cons
Early shifts
Working at computer solutions
SALE ASSOCIATE AND CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 16, 2016
Helping customer around with Laptops and Camera's was quite fun, because I enjoy working around technologies. Specially with camera's, I know a lot about camera and working at Best Buy helps me connects more with what I love. It was really great and different experience working with such nice and communicating surroundings. I think if you like what you do, you'll enjoy your job even more and would show more interest, that's why we should always go for what we love to do the most.
Pros
Great environment
Good work experience
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 16, 2016
I feel as if I learned a lot working at Best Buy. In the beginning the mangers make sure that you have sufficient training in order to do your job efficiently. When you assigned a task its usually after a senior associate has made sure you know exactly what your doing. Overall it was a great place to work with a good atmosphere.
Fun workplace to be.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONApril 26, 2016
This place is one of the only second homes I got and I really enjoyed it. I honestly loved working for them and I would have never asked for no other first customer service/retail experience. Great team and great deals.
Pros
Lunches paid by GM's
Cons
Not organized. Should stick to big stores.
Productive and fun workplace
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJune 7, 2016
The job is a really good place especially the management, however I have been trying to move to the sales floor for about a month now. I'm not planning on staying much longer as I want to move up and find a better job in my career field.
Monotonous environment
Connected Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONMarch 14, 2016
Everyone is seated doing the qork required of them. Friendly co-workers and efficient environment. Management was great and friendly; listened to employees. Difficulties arose when a lot of samples were delivered and they had to be examined in a timely manner.
amazing workplace with options to take additional breaks if employee feels nessary
Sales Representative (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  North York, ONMay 22, 2016
its an amazing job for experience. they take very good care of you. everyone loves to help each other out. this company also gives you alot of options to climb up the ladder
Productive Enjoyable workplace
Cashier duties and customer service duties (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONJune 11, 2016
Management is kind and polite, I have no complaints. The job is enjoyable and there are nice people that work there. The most enjoyable part of the job is the work atmosphere
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Can be slow at times
Trying but enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 8, 2016
Presented and sold products while striving to add on to the sale such as accessories, product protection plans and in home installations.

This being my first position in sales, management really helped me to grow as an individual and honed my skills with customer interaction.