Best Buy Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
A very playful and helping environment
Cashier in Operations (Former Employee), London, ONMay 3, 2016
A typical day at worked involved attending to customers at the cash, showing customers that you are available, cleaning the workspace, and organizing cases by putting them in corresponding bins or putting empty ones in the back storage room. By doing this I learned a lot about technology and how to socialize with others. The management was very nice and playful, they would answer any questions and joked around light-heatedly. Co-workers are also very playful and are always there to give a helping hand.
The hardest part of the job is if you do not know much about the products, it can be difficult to answer a customer's question. Most enjoyable is being able to work in such a great environment and being able to meet so many new people.
Fun workplace to be.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONApril 26, 2016
Pros: Lunches paid by GM's
Cons: Not organized. Should stick to big stores.
This place is one of the only second homes I got and I really enjoyed it. I honestly loved working for them and I would have never asked for no other first customer service/retail experience. Great team and great deals.
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 26, 2016
very helping co workers.
good management
good training for new comers
exceptional customer service
good communication skills
Co-op work here from school
Salesman Co-op student (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: I'm a gamer so the criteria was very easy to understand peoples questions
Cons: free work, days seemed to drag as short as it was.
it was just helping customers, and stock. not much happened here, wasn't aloud to use the cash but was able to do everything as if I was an employee. I was in the gaming section of the store.
Fun work Enviorment
Connected Solution Specialist (Co-op) (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABApril 21, 2016
co-workers are so friendly and helpful . love to work in such kind of enviorment. Pay rate is not upto mark. i have learned a lot about existing and new electronics technologies coming out in market.
loved the people
sales (Former Employee), Vaudreuil-Dorion, QCApril 16, 2016
its a great learning experience. the staff are always willing to help you learn and it a great environment. you learn about all of the products and how to sell them.
Fun Place and Great to Learn and Grow At
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 14, 2016
A great place to work with new challenges every day. The people are great and we build a strong family and team culture. Tremendous opportunities to build from, and great coaching and feedback from all levels.
Perfect place to be a more mature individual while having fun at work
QC H4N 3K1 (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 9, 2016
BestBuy is a company that teaches you, not only to sell products and attach warranties or geek squad, they teach you how to behave in any scenario with any customer and to get the job done ethically.
It is a very good place to start off from the bottom and there are possibilities to grow in the company if you are willing to put the effort into it.
Production and Fun Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2016
A typical day of work was customer interaction, making sales. Coworkers were amazing. Most enjoyable part was meeting new people and helping them out
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Whitby, ONApril 6, 2016
Pros: lots of free incentives.. free food/lunches/huge product discounts
you get to use your phone while you work & the managers are chill with talking when there are no customers, as long as the store and sections are tidy
Fun fast paced atmosphere.
General Manager (Former Employee), CanadaMarch 30, 2016
Amazing company to work for, I would recommend it as a life long career company. Reasonable hours despite it being retail with amazing support staff to help you achieve your goals.
Experience
Spécialiste du service à la clientèle (Former Employee), Vaudreuil-Dorion, QCMarch 28, 2016
Pros: nana
My work experience in Canada has been rewarding because I learned different techniques servcio customers has helped me improve my service every day

It is a good company to work.
Flexible and Honest Work Environment
Order Picker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 17, 2016
Pros: Discounts
I learned more interpersonal and communication skills being a part of the Best Buy community. I enjoyed the benefits and the work/life balance.
Warehouse Workplace
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMarch 15, 2016
Pros: we get a 30 minutes lunch
Cons: only 71/2 hour shifts instead of the full 8 hours
A typical day at work depending on the day is pretty busy, always work to be done, on Wednesdays and Thursdays those are our truck days so there is lots of work to be done.

I learned to always keep an open mind because no work day is repeated there is always something different to do everyday

Management is good at what they do, i have nothing bad to say

the hardest part about my job is trying to get everyone on the same page and do the same amount of work, there is always at least 1 or 2 people in every department who do not want to do the work required and that's frustrating for me

i enjoy almost every aspect of my job, i love doing plan-o-grams and putting up new demos, i like keeping the warehouse as clean as possible.
Monotonous environment
Connected Solutions Specialist (Current Employee), Oakville, ONMarch 14, 2016
Everyone is seated doing the qork required of them. Friendly co-workers and efficient environment. Management was great and friendly; listened to employees. Difficulties arose when a lot of samples were delivered and they had to be examined in a timely manner.
Customer Service Specialist
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Charlottetown, PEMarch 14, 2016
They were always good to work around school. They treated me well and I really enjoy working with them, however, I'd like to spread my wings and take on a new adventure.
Great Work Environment
Connected Solutions Specialist (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 11, 2016
Best buy is a great place to work, mainly because of the environment you are working in. The people who work their are great and easy to get along with and the sales floor offers the ability to increase your customer service as well as communication skills as there are constant opportunities to talk with the general public as well as your cooworkers. Management is great as well, they are friendly, and motivational offering up their knowledge and experience on a daily basis to help their staff succeed in monthly goals as well as other goals the individual may have.
Flexible job with a great supportive team
Product Processing Associate (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCMarch 8, 2016
Pros: supportive management, flexible hours, fun staff
Cons: gossip
I've loved working at the Best Buy Chilliwack location. The management is sincerely interested in their employees and their long term goals and is flexible with positions, and hours.

The staff there is quite young (between late teens and mid twenties) but aside from a little gossip, the team works well together and are eager to spend time outside of work.

The most frustrating things mostly revolve around corporate communications or outdated fixtures and tools but from my experience the head office staff are very involved and aware of concerns and want to help. It just generally takes a while.

This store is ranked one of the highest in the company not only for sales and customer experience but also for staff satisfaction.
Trying but enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 8, 2016
Presented and sold products while striving to add on to the sale such as accessories, product protection plans and in home installations.

This being my first position in sales, management really helped me to grow as an individual and honed my skills with customer interaction.
Very good company to work for. Friendly environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMarch 4, 2016
Very good company to work for. Friendly environment. Felt very welcome and organized. Management was very good to us and make us want to work harder
Links