Best Buy Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work as a beginner job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 May 2017
I've worked plenty of retail jobs and best buy by far is one of the ones with most flexible schedule, the management is understanding as well most of the time. Its a new challenge everyday, somedays its really dead and thats to be expected from a retail job.

Pros
- Flexible hours
- Staff is really friendly and welcoming
- Decent employee discounts

Cons
- Too much pressure on selling the warranties for a no commission based job.
- Too much pressure on online surveys, personally I'm the type of person that would rather give feedback in person to the employees manager that helped me rather than putting some feedback on an online survey.
- Your hard-work is not really rewarded, in the end you're getting the same pay as the guy selling no warranties.
Very fast-paced, friendly environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 May 2017
Working there was enjoyable, it was hard work most days but the management understood this and compensated well for it. We frequently received free lunch or breakfast and played games during down times. Everyone was nice and helpful and understanding if you had difficulty completing tasks.
Pros
Free lunches, games
Cons
Hard work that had to completed quickly
Fun cowokers, lazy superiors
Connected Solutions Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Weston, ON16 May 2017
I had plenty of great experiences working at Best Buy but when it came to the mangers those experiences fell flat. They pawned off jobs onto those below them and then spent their time just chatting with other managers.
Summary
Electronics Tester (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC16 May 2017
Great first place to work at. More than enough hours to work with some overtime here and there. Helpful coworkers and supervisors. Good introduction for anyone wanting to get into the workforce.
Friendly environment
Connected Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON16 May 2017
Typical day is helping customers with products or services. You have to learn what best buys services provide so that you can educate customers on how it is helpful for them.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Not very many shifts
Horrible Management
Geek Squad Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 May 2017
This location, the staff were rude, the incentives and motivation were lacking to say the least. They cared nothing for work/life balance and falsely offer you promotions.
Cons
lack in motivational skills. no work/life balance, make false promises
Fun and positive atmosphere to work in.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB15 May 2017
Flexible schedule if time off is needed for personal matters. Very one is treated fairly and with great deal of respect.
Pay is alright but for what it lacks it is made up for by employee perks and group benefit plan available to all staff.
a good place for students
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON14 May 2017
Was a fun and informative work place, but had a lot of necessary deadlines. The managers were reliable and assistance was also ready and available whenever needed.
team environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 May 2017
A very diverse culture. Would deal with plenty of different customers everyday looking for anything from making big ticket purchases on tvs and sound systems to someone coming in to find the right cable to connect devices. This job helped me learn a lot about customer service and about the new gadgets and media out in the market today.
Great awesome place to work very flexible!
Mobile Specialist (Keyholder) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 May 2017
I am very happy with Best Buy it is an awesome place to work and it is a great and fun environment that helps you to build many skills in the company and work your way up based on your performance.

Want to know more about Best Buy?

Ask a question
customer service
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK12 May 2017
my job with best buy was very hard, but worth it. I started out as a seasonal and than became part time. I learned a lot throughout my employment at best buy including the different jobs of 4 departments, its not hard of a job just have to apply yourself.
Great Place
Camera and Computer Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON10 May 2017
With the exception of a couple of managers, the management team was excellent. The scheduling process was awesome. If you don't like selling extended warranties you'll have a hard time.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Selling Unnecessary Waranties
not bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 May 2017
the job is ok, the plain we sale to the customer have too much fine print information. the management are a bit pushy about sales. job culture are very good strong and positive.
Management is a Joke
Product Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 May 2017
I worked my butt off for this company for months and still got little to no hours, newer people got promoted before I ever did. I remember one time I spent a whole 2 hours cleaning an entire warehouse of tv's BY MYSELF and still was told by my manager "you gotta earn the hours". Management would not lead by example but instead lead by fear. My supervisor in particular would literally tell me to shut up for just saying something nice. I am probably just unlucky to have landed in that part of Best Buy but who knows. The company itself has no growth for part timers, and has more initiative to harass there employees before commending them for a job well done.
Pros
Little to none
Cons
Terrible management, terrible growth, overall just terrible.
Productive and fan workplace
Senior Accountant, Controllership (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 May 2017
Great company to work for, friendly and helpful employees, fair pay and benefits
Started working independently almost from day one, minimal training was provided. There were some outdated procedure descriptions. However, if you are quick learner and self-starter, minimal training will not be an issue.
Pros
great workplace, friendly employees, shuttle service from Metrotown SkyTrain station to Best Buy CHQ
Nice place to work. Friendly staff.
Geek Squad Technician (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC4 May 2017
Typical day at work consists of greeting and helping customers, cleaning and organizing the store.
Learned how to work well with others and provide great customer service.
Lower management were great very helpful and hardworking, upper management sit in the office and bark orders. Not to say they don't work hard, but you should lead by example.
Good culture, very friendly staff.
The hardest part is somewhat the same as the most enjoyable part. Helping customers.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Wage
Good managers and upper staff, management (corporate) tied managers hands
Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC3 May 2017
Upper staff at the store want to help the employees with wage and living but corporate won't allow the managers to raise the pay and are basically setting a cap for what a certain sales position would make. An employee working in tvs would have a max income of about 15$ an hour for full time but if the employees life or current situation requires a higher pay and the manager would want to raise the pay, but corporate would not allow it due to a cap they had set for what each position is allowed to make at a maximum.
Pros
Good store management, good benefits, good team environment
Cons
Corporate regulations with zero flexibility.
It was a good seasonal job
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON3 May 2017
The job was overall good, but a lot of products kept on going missing. The store wasn't that much organized. In the mornings, there was this one manager who would always come late and then the employees on the shift including me would have to punch in late aswell.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
The pay decreased as soon as the winter season was over.
great place to work
Mobile Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 May 2017
it is always fun to work at bestbuy, you will constantly play games and have parties. there is always cake as well. great benefits and discounts.the management is fun to work with and very helpful
Pros
discount
Cons
high turnover
Great first full time job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2017
Good place to learn the methods and standards for retail sales, great environment and a good corporate community. I had a lot of fun working with best buy, but the pay was low in comparison to commissioned retail sales

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval