Best Buy Employee Reviews

productive workplace
Media Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 March 2017
I help build the red deer best buy and it was a great place to work i was in charge of the media part and loved working there and seeing all the new games and moives.
Pros
people lunch
Cons
long ours
All about the employee discount
Digital Audio Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 March 2017
Depending on who your Store Manager is, you can have the best time of your life, or the worst.

Either way, once you get in, the employee discount will be the reason why you're staying
Pros
employee discount
Cons
management
productive fun place with nice management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 March 2017
excellent place to work in the city. i enjoyed working there under best management/supervisors and i i learnt alot from them. thank for giving me such opportunity which is life learning experience.
Fun Positive Atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 March 2017
Great place to work! Friendly atmosphere, great co workers! Team oriented! Learned valuable skills, hardest part about the position was the hours for seasonal!
Pros
Great management and teams
Cons
Seasonal Position Cut Off Notice
Good work environment
Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 March 2017
Always surrounded by great people as your coworkers but the job can be stressful. Also can be tough to get the schedule you request for. A lot of overtime hours needed.
Cons
very productive workplace but very fun
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC23 March 2017
A typical work day was pretty uniform actually, you get your order and you go through the warehouse creating the order organizing the merchandise on the skids. Then you drop your orders off at the designated bay/port, we also had to some product which would need to be organized since it was picked up in bulk and then moved to the correct bays. A big thing I learned at Best Buy was whether you do your job correctly and efficiently effects everyone in the warehouse so you going slow or making mistakes had an impact everyone in the warehouse and even the stores themselves, so working in a team was a big deal. the workplace was a great environment everyone was friendly you worked with many different people in the warehouse, there was always work but there were days where there was tons of work so you did need to be very fast pace at times. What I liked most about the job was that everyone worked together and communicated.
Pros
good pay, cafeteria, Foosball, video-games
Cons
seasonal work
Fun environment to work in
Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2017
Great company to work for, mainly because of the team as well as management.

Only downside was some employees felt they were not getting compensated for the work they would put in. An example would be a few of my old coworkers reaching the number one sales position in CANADA but would get a 20 cents raise.

Another problem would be the way scheduling was handled. We would only get our next weeks schedule a few days in advance... planning a social life around this was very difficult especially since they wanted you to book days off at least 2 weeks prior...
Pros
Very fun environment
Cons
Bad scheduling
Its a fun enviroment but not reliable for hours
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 March 2017
It was very fun considering that I am 18 and love electronics, but for someone looking for consistent work or full time work it is not the best. Overall its fun for part time but not very reliable.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Management was poor
Fun experience
Seasonal Gaming Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 March 2017
I was given the chance to try my hand at video game retail sales when I landed a seasonal job at Best Buy as a Gaming Specialist. It was such a fun job, great people to work with, great managers, wish I could've gotten a part time or full time position.
you got to work with great eqipment
Sales and Lead Home Theater Installer (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB20 March 2017
i installed tvs sound systems and set up home theaters and taught the customer how to run their new system and set up the computers and phones to their new system as well as setting up the internet.
Pros
got to work with the newest flat screens
Cons
got let go because of store cuts
High turnover
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC17 March 2017
Company does not care about tenure or the level of experience on brings to the table, but rather how little can they pay you and keep you under their thumb so you will not outshine higher levels of management.
A challenging and social workplace.
Multi-Media and Home Theatre Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 March 2017
This is a place with new challenges to be met by every single customer. Never a dull moment with such amazing staff and customers. It also is a very entertaining position because you get to see the newest technologies.
loved working at best buy
SENIOR DEPT. LEAD (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 March 2017
best buy employee discounts. team trips to Toronto for sales training , newest gadgets and best management. loved the brand and good luck from a happy employee
Pros
discounts
Cons
early morning meetings
fun place to work.
Home Solutions Senior (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 March 2017
Good place to work. However, you will need an extensive knowledge of products and services. Team is great and usually are the ones who make up for a bad day.
The culture of the store is incredible.
Product Process Senior (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2017
The store I worked in was fun, the people were friendly and the benefits were great. There were good leadership and lackluster. For the most part the store was a good experience, minus the favoritism.
Pros
wonderful people to work with
Cons
no shift variations
Not bad for a large corporate organisation
Merchandise Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 March 2017
Can't complain too much about this company.

For a large corporation, they are reasonably focused on their employees.

The employee benefits package is good.

But they would benefit from providing more training for their staff
Pros
Good benefits plan
Cons
No staff training and development offered
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lasalle, QC7 March 2017
Very fun place to work even better people. Its even better when you love techy stuff and all the new stuff to come out and discojnt was amazing ........
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
fun retail
Music Teacher / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 March 2017
really enjoyed my time at Best Buy Canada. I was lucky enough to take part in the grand opening of the barrie store which debuted a music department/ school. It was the best thing i could have done at the time, great benefits, good/ secure pay and i got to play guitar for a lot of it (which is not the case for the rest of the store)

management was a little stuck in high school (mentality wise)

people are great to work with because for the most part its a bunch of college students who don't know what there doing in life haha
Pros
benefits/ security
Cons
advancement
Fun team environment.
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC6 March 2017
Amazing team. Everyone was super helpful to new and old employees both. Great learning experience. Very friendly environment. I learned a lot there and really enjoyed the experience, and found that I quite enjoy working in a warehouse environment.
Pros
Medical and dental benefits
Cons
Sometimes unpredictable schedules
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative/Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 March 2017
I was hired seasonal but had great time working there. Management is very friendly and the environment is fun to work in. If I were to reapply I would do it but currently I'm looking for a career job in my field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.

83%