Best Buy

Best Buy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Best Buy
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), belleville, onAugust 25, 2015
I like working at Best buy but the only problem i have is sometimes the management is bad. One day they will treat you one way the next day they will treat you another
Good first job
Sales & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ancaster, ONAugust 19, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
Only good for a first job. Very little room for advancement for entry level employees. nothing else to say about best buy at this point
Fun work environment with lots of opportunity for advancement.
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Fun, Dynamic, Flexible Schedules
Cons: Long hours, Holidays
Great place to work with a lot of opportunity for advancement. Leadership at all levels are invested in their associates with genuine care. A lot of their time is spent on training and supporting associates to deliver a great experience to it's customers.
Fun, Sales driven workplace
Computer Sales Consultant (Current Employee), HamiltonAugust 17, 2015
Typical day at my specific store, come in and do your sales check-in, go onto the floor to contact customers and offer the highest level of customer service that we possibly can.
Awesome company to work for!
Multi Channel Sales Assistant (Former Employee), OntarioAugust 17, 2015
Great company to work for! Regular visits from HR and Head Office officials to hear our input and opinions regarding changes to the company. Management always encouraging employees to give exemplary customer service first and worrying about daily goals second. The management team was also very supportive of all of our life goals and aspirations and helped us become "amazing"!
Great place to advance your customer services skills
Full Time - Computer Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Staff development
Cons: Unpredictable schedule
Great place to develop customer service and customer complaint resolution skills. Friendly envirnment with a proven employee development plan.
Fun and welcoming work environment
Operations/Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 10, 2015
Great place to build your skills and in a fun environment, There are many opportunities for advancement within the company. Management is very helpful when guiding in training, and with career goals.
driver/picker
picker?driver (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 10, 2015
It was a good company to work for and the hours were great.I would recommmend them to other people. good overall experience
Very productive with a game in the morning . Morning meeting to give review.
Samsung Consultant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Lunch room facility with refrigerators and furniture.
It is very satisfied environment to work in. the manager are really helpful in training and providing all necessary information. It is a happy environment and less stress to work. The co-workers are supportive while working. It is a overall excellent team experience to work with.
Salesmen Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 31, 2015
Pros: very easy going people, flexible hours and great benefits
Cons: only one break per shift, I prefer a 15 min twice rather then 1 half hour
A typical day starts within Best buy includes jumping right into work which detail in communicating with customers to find the right and best product for that consumer. I learned many ways to deal with – more... customers and my product knowledge increased to a point way selling $2000 Mac-book's came at ease with increased up selling of different products such as Microsoft word or even protection plans. Co-workers would always work together to get the best experience for the customer because we are on a no commission bases. The hardest part was honestly was not being able to close a sale in the beginning but as my experience grew the easier it got to finalize the sale. – less
Good culture and entertaining
Sales - Computer Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Appreciation on good job
Cons: Less pay
work with fun and great opportunity to develop relationship with customers. Good incentives and motivation.
Sometimes, mostly week ends are very busy.
I enjoyed taking challenge of the sales target and achieved it fast with appreciation of the management.
Best buy
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orleans, ONJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Good Environment
Cons: Not enough hours
Working at Best Buy is a great way to develop and hone your sales associate skills. Due to the fact you need to ask opened ended questions and produce a solution that works best for you customer. Some days are busy, some completely boring. Management is awesome and helpful. Careful, when your store doesn't meet budget, your hours get cut too.
Great expirience
Merchandiser (Former Employee), innes and mer bluJuly 23, 2015
When future shop closed best buy took over and as one of thier seasonal grand opening employees i had a great time working thier, from great managment to co workers everything flowed smoothly and i was sad to go.
Good Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Laval, QCJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Good work environment
Cons: Long Hours
Overall working at best buy gave me some good experience with customers which helped me get some experience. I learned how to handle the cash and help customers. My co-workers were nice and helped me out when i needed help. There was nothing extremely difficult about working at Best Buy, but the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in a team environment.
productive, friendly, good work eviroment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 21, 2015
it's a pretty good place to work if you're a student; a fun environment to work in and the people you work with are generally friendly.
Great place to work with fun people to work with
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIJuly 9, 2015
My manager is one of the best that I have had and he actually cares about his employees which is nice to see. The work I do keeps me busy everyday and there is rarely a dull moment.
Productive and fun workplace
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2015
Pros: meeting new people, making lots of sales. Working in a team or no team environment.
Best buy is one of the greatest company's I worked for, Even though the time was cut sort i would love to work there again. everyone was on the ball. everyone worked together and the management was awesome. – more... Best buy was more like a family if someone messed up everyone was there to lend a helping hand. I learned so much from my time at best buy even though it was a seasonal position Best buy is what made me passionate about electronics grow to what it is. I loved talking to customers and making get a better understanding of the products. It was amazing to see customers come back or bring family in just to talk to see and my other co-workers because they felt comfortable in the information we would give them. For me best buy wasn't work because I loved every minute I had there helping customers and meeting new people and that is the kind of job I love. – less
Friendly and productive sales workplace
sales associate (Former Employee), calgary ABJune 30, 2015
Pros: great work experience
Cons: too many hours in a week while in school
A generic work day included me clocking in for and 8 and a half work day, which started with me organizing my clip board and making sure the floor was presentable in my department. The day consisted of – more... me and fellow employees working with various customers that were mostly looking to buy a new home television since I worked in the Home Theatre department. A large part of the day was being able to reach our percent sales numbers for our service warranties which can sometimes be a struggle. It was good to have these numbers as a goal to reach and it made sure work was getting accomplished efficiently. – less
Encouraging working environment
Merchandising product in show room (Current Employee), St. Albert, AlbertaJune 26, 2015
Pros: Very helpful co-workers
Cons: not enough product knowledge
working at best buy with out a doubt the most interesting job i have ever had so far, everytime I would make a mistake whether it be big or small, my managers and co-workers are always there to encourage me to do better next and are very helpful when I am in need of help, it was very encouraging place to be at.
great
Manager (Former Employee), OakvilleJune 23, 2015
company is good i like tech computers apple microsoft laptops business is profitable, i like selling warrenty, awesome at sales

1 2 3 4 5

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances – Read more