Best Buy Employee Reviews in Canada

Sales (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCJune 22, 2016
Best buy is a great environment to work in, you learn a lot and management is always willing to help coach you into becoming better and also excelling in your job.

Best part of the job is being able to communicate with customers and gain a more personal connection with your client.

The staff is also always friendly, working with each other to help each other.
Pros
great work environment, management is great
Cons
shift work varies
Ok most of the time
Lachenaie Technicien (Current Employee) –  Lachenaie, QCJune 18, 2016
Most of the time , the work is fun and the people you work with are nice but the management team can't do most of their job properly and there's place to injustice
productive, fast paced environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJune 16, 2016
overall good place to work, really nice people, helpful and taught me a lot but little to no hours. working with Best Buy was a good experience.
Pros
10 percent off store merch
Cons
little to no hours
a great experience
Connected Solutions Specialist (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ONJune 14, 2016
Best buy is a great working environment. I love working there. great people. you need to your stuff. Need to know geek squad inside and out.
Pros
discounts
Cons
long hours.
Productive Enjoyable workplace
Cashier duties and customer service duties (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONJune 11, 2016
Management is kind and polite, I have no complaints. The job is enjoyable and there are nice people that work there. The most enjoyable part of the job is the work atmosphere
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Can be slow at times
positive work environment
Electronics Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 11, 2016
Is a positive work environment where you get to interact with many different customers on a daily basis. You learn good customer service and retail knowledge as well as learning to meet sales goals.
q
Store Floor/Gaming (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 9, 2016
the cat jumped over the building and turned into a kite, it was cool to watch it all happen, then I got me some ice cream for my cat, which is also my cat
Pros
a
Cons
a
Good Store environment
Senior Home Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJune 9, 2016
It is a retail job that requires retail hours and lots of hard work but Best buy is a company that gladly recognizes its employees and will give you plenty of opportunities to learn and grow within the company
could have been worse
Product Processing Specialist/loss prevention (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJune 8, 2016
I worked at bestbuy a while ago, it was an alright job, I made lots of friends at work and got along well with most of the management. I worked in the warehouse, which was enjoyable for me because I mostly worked nights, usually quite independently since most of the warehouse work was done in the morning. I spent a lot of time alphabetizing dvds, stocking product, and sometimes working the door, doing security. I found the work itself to be easy but not so mindless that I got really bored. One of the things I really didn't like was the way the management was set up, I found there to be way too many levels of management, supervisors, team leads, managers, assistant managers, its like they were trying really hard to make people feel important but it ended up being confusing and often kind of patronizing, I was lucky to work nights, when I did have a dayshift I often felt like I was being micromanaged, half the time by more than one person telling me to do different things and never really communicating with each other. The job culture was a little too aggressive for my liking as well, I remember being sick with a sore throat one saturday morning and getting yelled at in front of everybody because I didn't participate in the morning cheer (which I thought was kind of stupid anyway, to be honest). Lastly, I had a friend who worked in the future shop warehouse at around the same time, at future shop, the warehouse people wore plain black polo shirts so customers would know they weren't salespeople, but at bestbuy the only thing separating us from the salespeople was that we were  more... allowed to wear black pants. Obviously customers barely even noticed that and assumed we were salespeople, I was never trained in sales, I didn't want to do sales, and when they hired me I was open about the fact that I don't know very much about technology, but often when it was busy I was expected to do the job of a salesperson when asked for help by people, and I found that to be really stressful and unfair, especially considering they knew I was unable to give informed answers to majority of people's questions and they never bothered to give me any training in that regard.  less
Pros
Good co-workers, decent hours, easy work
Cons
Too much management, aggressive job culture, ruins christmas
Productive and fun workplace
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJune 7, 2016
The job is a really good place especially the management, however I have been trying to move to the sales floor for about a month now. I'm not planning on staying much longer as I want to move up and find a better job in my career field.
Pros
Co-workers make work fun, management does not.
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 7, 2016
Typical day at work is arrive; receive shipments, send out product with Canada Post, and do LP (stands for loss prevention but that title is basically greeter bc we're not allowed to look at the camera's anymore, which doesn't actually stop most of us from looking) for anywhere between 45mins-5hours (of grueling back pain if you have no one to switch off with regularly). Also responsible to either open or close the store. Part Timers are not guaranteed hours especially if you are not a manager or supervisors favourite. Co-workers are usually quite knowledgeable in their area after a few months of working and you can rely on them to help you unless is busy like christmas time.

Christmas time is a good time to gain hours with night shifts and early morning shifts (5 am for the month of december) and boxing day if you work in PPS can start at 12am, 2am and 4am for morning shifts which can put a damper on your festivities if you celebrate christmas.

Says they're not on commission but we are pushed to sell services and this is tracked daily company wide. Not much training is provided for product knowledge other than what you do in your free time and the lackluster e-learnings they make you do. Much easier to learn by asking for help from your co-workers.

However Part-timers are offered health/dental and life insurance as well as a pension plan.
Pros
Most Co-workers are more than competent at their jobs
Cons
Management has a problem with favouritism, even if you don't see it right away.
great fun place to be
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 3, 2016
This was the introduction to Best Buy Canada. So the expectations were very high and the promotion helped launched BB into the national Canadian market.
Pros
lots of fun at all times
Cons
Very high turnover
Not a bad place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 31, 2016
Duties to follow
Learned about people, communicating, different products
Management is very helpful
co-workers are very informative
The hardest part is moving products from warehouse
The most enjoyable part is selling ofcourse
Fun Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 27, 2016
Fun Work Environment, Nice Staff, good discounts, always learning, good resources, and great atmosphere. I've learned a lot about sales and products. The hardest part of the job is just learning, learning, learning.
Best Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 27, 2016
loved working there and coworkers always stood up for you when customers got to much out of hand. always had fun on the job and team meetings were always things i looked forward too
Exciting work environment
Specialist in smart phones and carrier plans (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 27, 2016
Talk to various potential customers on a daily basis. Interacting with team members to maximize productivity. Also regular training exercises to enhance performance.
Fun place to work!
Part-time position as a home-theatre salesperson (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 24, 2016
Great vibe, respectful managers.
Geek squad protection (GSP) is forced too much over just being a great salesperson. Sometimes it seems like tht is all that matters.
amazing workplace with options to take additional breaks if employee feels nessary
Sales Representative (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  North York, ONMay 22, 2016
its an amazing job for experience. they take very good care of you. everyone loves to help each other out. this company also gives you alot of options to climb up the ladder
Fun work enviroment
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 20, 2016
Fun place to work. Great place to learn workplace skills and someone starting out in the work force. Teaches you lots of skills that you need in life and need in the workforce.
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 18, 2016
Best Buy was a good company to work for, however had a dramatic environment. The management was great at encouragement and I loved my job, however I had a very hard commute there causing me to end my time.
Pros
Good Management and Discount