Best Buy

Best Buy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2015
Pros: meeting new people, making lots of sales. Working in a team or no team environment.
Best buy is one of the greatest company's I worked for, Even though the time was cut sort i would love to work there again. everyone was on the ball. everyone worked together and the management was awesome. Best buy was more like a family if someone messed up everyone was there to lend a helping hand. I learned so much from my time at best buy even though it was a seasonal position Best buy is what made me passionate about electronics grow to what it is. I loved talking to customers and making get a better understanding of the products. It was amazing to see customers come back or bring family in just to talk to see and my other co-workers because they felt comfortable in the information we would give them. For me best buy wasn't work because I loved every minute I had there helping customers and meeting new people and that is the kind of job I love.
Friendly and productive sales workplace
sales associate (Former Employee), calgary ABJune 30, 2015
Pros: great work experience
Cons: too many hours in a week while in school
A generic work day included me clocking in for and 8 and a half work day, which started with me organizing my clip board and making sure the floor was presentable in my department. The day consisted of me and fellow employees working with various customers that were mostly looking to buy a new home television since I worked in the Home Theatre department. A large part of the day was being able to reach our percent sales numbers for our service warranties which can sometimes be a struggle. It was good to have these numbers as a goal to reach and it made sure work was getting accomplished efficiently.
Encouraging working environment
Merchandising product in show room (Current Employee), St. Albert, AlbertaJune 26, 2015
Pros: Very helpful co-workers
Cons: not enough product knowledge
working at best buy with out a doubt the most interesting job i have ever had so far, everytime I would make a mistake whether it be big or small, my managers and co-workers are always there to encourage me to do better next and are very helpful when I am in need of help, it was very encouraging place to be at.
great
Manager (Former Employee), OakvilleJune 23, 2015
company is good i like tech computers apple microsoft laptops business is profitable, i like selling warrenty, awesome at sales
best buy review
Sales Consultant (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, AbJune 18, 2015
Pros: the environment, helping customers with everyday things. the discounts
Cons: slow days, stay slow days. 8hr shifts
great work space! would love to work there again! Theres not job id rather have. Mangers were a little rude at the time, but overall a great job to have.
Friendly people to work with
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 16, 2015
Best Buy was a friendly place to work and enjoyed working with my co workers.. I really loved going to work everyday, I enjoyed going to work and meeting new clients everyday...
Fun workplace with entertaining staff
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee), Ajax, ONJune 15, 2015
I would assist customers with any help needed. I would re stock shelves or work at cashier. The co-workers and managers were really fun to work with.
About what you'd expect
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Langley, BCJune 11, 2015
Pros: Good environment
Cons: Not enough training
Decent wages and benefits. Nice co workers although management can be difficult to get a hold of sometimes. Also not very good training available.
Creative, Fun place to work
Sales (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJune 9, 2015
Great job. Management was easy to get along with, great team. Enjoyed being on the sales floor helping customers. A typical day consisted of talking to several people and products. Co-workers were great team, most enjoyable part was selling the best products.
Energetic Team Environment
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCJune 6, 2015
Pros: Staff activities, Sales training
Cons: High Turnover
Every day starts with a unity meeting with games and quizzes. The staff is very friendly and helps each other wherever possible.
Its a great job to get training and experience with sales and customer service. The company has great values that encourage discovery, integrity and growth.
Because it is so progressive, the business changes a lot. There is a lot of training needed and a high turnover rate.
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 1, 2015
I have gained a lot of skills from this work place which will lead me to my future success in any work place. I have also made some very good connections at this work place as well.
Very Disappointed
Geek Squad Manager (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 29, 2015
I don't think Best Buy as a company can overlook how many employees are disappointed with the lack of accountability with management. They use their employees as guinea pigs to do their dirty work and shows no respect.
Great place to work and even better people to work with
Connected Solutions Sales Specialist (Former Employee), London, ONMay 21, 2015
Pros: Amazing Co-Workers
Cons: Empty days
-Our expertise were always challenged and we as a team loved a good challenge

-I learned how to adapt in the most brutal time of year for large retailers such as best buy

-Management was excellent with motivation, acknowledgment and maintaining a loving atmosphere

-The most difficult part of the job was having to stand for long periods of time

-The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make sales that employees with the highest of seniority could not achieve
Digital Imaging Sales Representative (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 19, 2015
It was an interactive experience. I was working in the holiday season so it was incredibly busy. While we were not motivated by commission on the sale, the environment was very competitive.
Best buy
Sales associate (Former Employee), Langley, BCMay 18, 2015
Pros: discounts are awesome
Cons: none
Awesome staff and productive place to work great management, also very fun at some points also some what rewarding overall great place to work
Fun and Fair
Admin (Former Employee), Burnaby, BC, CanadaMay 17, 2015
Pros: Personalities and humour galore, shuttle bus to work, isolated location, large company building, and cafeteria.
Cons: You need to put on your game face!
Typical day is booking appointments and rooms, ordering catering, reconciling expenses, booking travel arrangements, scheduling meetings and taking meeting minutes, preparing photocopies and other requests. Management are very approachable and require your nurturing attention and are caring and grateful for all your effort. Co-workers are very helpful, bright, quick and all smiles! Some departments are not connected while others are close knit. Hardest part is the multi-tasking between multiple competing priorities while trying to satisfying everyone but sometimes satisfying only a few. Also, lots of hard work and long hours put in for this company. The most enjoyable part was meeting the fun personalities in this company and feeling the people are approachable with a comical and quirky sense of humour.
Easy work and great people
Service Logistic Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 13, 2015
The job is very easy and the people are very friendly to work with. Depending on your department or team lead they would order food for the team at the end of the week.
Fun place to work with lots of advancement opportunity
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Grande PrairieMay 9, 2015
Pros: Lots of advancement opportunity
Cons: Lots of change with the company and management team
Best Buy was my most successful job. I went from part time, to full time, to department leader, then to Sales Supervisor, all within a time period of two years. My only complaint about the job was the frequent management and staff changes. I find it difficult to evolve and create a healthy and successful work environment and culture when your leadership team is constantly changing. Besides that, it was the best job that I've ever had.
Exciting coaching and mentoring
Sales District Trainer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 5, 2015
Pros: Have fun while being the best
Cons: Schedules
I have the opportunity to coach and mentor individuals to achieve their work targets and develop leaders in the workplace. It is very satisfying when one gets promoted because of all the work that we put together and the team overall receives recognition for the work put it. Also, driving and support individuals with their needs and making the workplace a fun environment to be in.
Good morale and good leadership, high pressure
Full Time Connected Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 5, 2015
Pros: morale, fun workplace environment, good leadership
Cons: patronizing corporate culture, high pressure
Great management and good workplace morale. The only downside is the corporate culture sometimes feels patronizing, however if you are willing to 'drink the kool-aid' so to speak, you will do very well and go far. Fair enough opportunities for advancement if you show initiative and engagement. Benefits offered at a full-time level, however pay is not super-competitive. Lot's of pressure on selling the service and geek-squad which can sometimes makes you feel like you are putting too much pressure on the customer, but if you follow the sales guidelines and know your product knowledge you will be very successful. If you do well with sales, and make the company money, they will do what they can to keep you on .

1 2 3 4 5

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances – Read more