Best Buy Employee Reviews

Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON21 February 2017
Worked at Best Buy as my first job in high school. They were not willing to accommodate with my schooling and I was scheduled to work nearly every day of the week even after explaining that I couldn't. The pay is minimum wage which is fine if it's just a part time job. Management was absolutely awful. Treated people so poorly and were so full of themselves, and so were the employees. No one was willing to help at all.
Cons
Awful management, not many breaks if any, not willing to accommodate
productive, and great environment to work in
Connected Solutions Specialist (Employee Position) (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON19 February 2017
I've learned great customer service skills and sales skills, improving my skills progressively as I work there. A typical day will be restocking shelfs with units, putting some devices on demo displays, consulting customers with products and recommending services that will benefit them. As well as cleaning the tills and display areas when the store is closing. The management is fantastic, as they listen to my recommendations and concerns I might have. The hardest part of the job is when there isn't much customer traffic through the store and meeting the sales goals we want to reach. The most enjoyable part of working at Best Buy is everything, the staff is amazing, there is great customer experience and much to learn on and off the job.
good place to gain experience
Chef d'equipe departement mobile (Current Employee) –  Greenfield Park, QC18 February 2017
It's a good training ground for youngsters who want to develop they're skills in the sales work, good working environment I was blessed to be part of one of the best team in Canada.
Being Amazing while having fun at work
Counter Intelligence Agent - 3 (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 February 2017
Great place to work if you are interested in Retail industry. Great people works here and make this place an amazing experience for shopping almost everything in the store and online.
Geek Sqaud technicians are the best as they help like a True Friend and not just an employee
Pros
Good Pay, Growth opportunities for those who wish to excel
Cons
Have to deal with unnecessary arguments about the Protections Plans
good place with great team
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Lasalle, QC15 February 2017
Good place to work, fun people to work with and the benefits are great (part-time and full time benefits). You get to really learn how to work as a team in both sales and non sales environments.
Nice co-workers, fun environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2017
This was a fun job, it was challenging because it was right around
Christmas so I was most of the time rushed to find, and help a new customer. The fact that I was rushed most of the time helped me learn how to deal with stressful situations with a bit more enthusiasm, and confidence.
Fine as a first experience job
Sales Department - Mobile sales representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 February 2017
Prepare yourself to learn alone, not much time is given to understand the task to do correctly. The responsables aren't very professional and they seem not to care.
Fun and Healthy Work Enviroment
Product Process/Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON12 February 2017
This was my first real job and it was perfect. They taught me the fundamentals to being a good hardworking employee. Hours were very flexible and reasonable and my fellow employees were a joy to work with.
fun place to work
Connected Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL8 February 2017
Good place to work at. Management is really good and helpful. Interview process was a bit lengthy but overall quality place to work at.
Pros
easy work, sales floor is fun to work at, quality benefits
Cons
pay could be better
discounted
Geek Squat (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 February 2017
Was great working at Geek Squad.
Friendly managers and co-workers.
Very helpful co-workers
you get amazing discounted as an employee, best part of working at Best-buy
Pros
free lunches
Cons
n/a
productive and fun work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 February 2017
I liked it at best buy distribution center. I had the chance to meet alot of new and cool people and people that i can honestly call my friend even for the short amount of time that i worked there.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 February 2017
Management was great at coaching people with bad sales, and if you could not improve they would move you instead of firing you.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Sales criteria
fun work place
Customer service in the tech department (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON2 February 2017
I had fun at best buy loved talking to customers but the management would never work whit the associate when it came to my hours
Fun environment, Nice management
Counter Intelligence Agent (GeekSquad) (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON1 February 2017
I only worked here for around 3 months in the Geek Squad department but in my time there I learned a lot. Not only did I further my knowledge into building, troubleshooting and repairing computers but I learned how to work at a quick pace while having fun.
great
Sales associate(CS/HS) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2017
Fantastic workplace, great management, fun workplace. good hours, lots of fun co workers, great customers, and a good place for learning and gaining experience.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
N/A
Fun and friendly work environment
Mobile Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON30 January 2017
Working at Best Buy has helped me gain sale experience, Managers provided us with proper training in order to enhance job performance.
At Best Buy we had this small group called evoice, where a small group of the workers would plan work events to bring all the staff closer.
Pros
Good learning opportunities, great leadership and work events
Cons
Not enough hours
Best Buy
Best Buy auditor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 January 2017
Best Buy is one of Canada’s largest and most successful retailers, operating the Best Buy (www.bestbuy.ca), Best Buy Mobile, and Geek Squad (www.geeksquad.ca) brands. The Company offers consumers a unique shopping experience with the latest technology and entertainment products, plus an expanded assortment of lifestyle products offered through www.bestbuy.ca, at the right price, with a no-pressure (non-commissioned) sales environment.
they have a ps4
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 January 2017
it was nice air conditioned and also friendly people you will enjoy losts of people were saying they can see themseleves there for a very long time i recommand you to go there
A workplace that illustrates having fun while being the best.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 January 2017
Everyday at Bestbuy is different, but its same in the fact that everyday is an exciting and fun day. I learned alot through bestbuy. I learned how to manage a team. How to run a department smoothly. How to hit targets in a fun and productive way so that all employees are really engaged to work. The workplace culture is always friendly and fun. Everyone is always smiling at work and you can go to anyone when you need help! The mornings are started with a game that will get everyone perked up for the exciting day ahead. I enjoyed coming to work and just giving exceptional customer service, allowing the our clients to always come back looking for me!
N/a
Computers Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2017
Fast paced environment - a typical day at work. Learned how to interact with customers and satisfy consumer needs and wants while managing assigned tasks.