Best Buy Employee Reviews

Its a fun enviroment but not reliable for hours
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 March 2017
It was very fun considering that I am 18 and love electronics, but for someone looking for consistent work or full time work it is not the best. Overall its fun for part time but not very reliable.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Management was poor
Fun experience
Seasonal Gaming Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 March 2017
I was given the chance to try my hand at video game retail sales when I landed a seasonal job at Best Buy as a Gaming Specialist. It was such a fun job, great people to work with, great managers, wish I could've gotten a part time or full time position.
you got to work with great eqipment
Sales and Lead Home Theater Installer (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB20 March 2017
i installed tvs sound systems and set up home theaters and taught the customer how to run their new system and set up the computers and phones to their new system as well as setting up the internet.
Pros
got to work with the newest flat screens
Cons
got let go because of store cuts
High turnover
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC17 March 2017
Company does not care about tenure or the level of experience on brings to the table, but rather how little can they pay you and keep you under their thumb so you will not outshine higher levels of management.
A challenging and social workplace.
Multi-Media and Home Theatre Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON16 March 2017
This is a place with new challenges to be met by every single customer. Never a dull moment with such amazing staff and customers. It also is a very entertaining position because you get to see the newest technologies.
loved working at best buy
SENIOR DEPT. LEAD (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 March 2017
best buy employee discounts. team trips to Toronto for sales training , newest gadgets and best management. loved the brand and good luck from a happy employee
Pros
discounts
Cons
early morning meetings
fun place to work.
Home Solutions Senior (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 March 2017
Good place to work. However, you will need an extensive knowledge of products and services. Team is great and usually are the ones who make up for a bad day.
The culture of the store is incredible.
Product Process Senior (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2017
The store I worked in was fun, the people were friendly and the benefits were great. There were good leadership and lackluster. For the most part the store was a good experience, minus the favoritism.
Pros
wonderful people to work with
Cons
no shift variations
Not bad for a large corporate organisation
Merchandise Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 March 2017
Can't complain too much about this company.

For a large corporation, they are reasonably focused on their employees.

The employee benefits package is good.

But they would benefit from providing more training for their staff
Pros
Good benefits plan
Cons
No staff training and development offered
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lasalle, QC7 March 2017
Very fun place to work even better people. Its even better when you love techy stuff and all the new stuff to come out and discojnt was amazing ........
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
fun retail
Music Teacher / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 March 2017
really enjoyed my time at Best Buy Canada. I was lucky enough to take part in the grand opening of the barrie store which debuted a music department/ school. It was the best thing i could have done at the time, great benefits, good/ secure pay and i got to play guitar for a lot of it (which is not the case for the rest of the store)

management was a little stuck in high school (mentality wise)

people are great to work with because for the most part its a bunch of college students who don't know what there doing in life haha
Pros
benefits/ security
Cons
advancement
Fun team environment.
Product Process Specialist (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC6 March 2017
Amazing team. Everyone was super helpful to new and old employees both. Great learning experience. Very friendly environment. I learned a lot there and really enjoyed the experience, and found that I quite enjoy working in a warehouse environment.
Pros
Medical and dental benefits
Cons
Sometimes unpredictable schedules
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative/Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 March 2017
I was hired seasonal but had great time working there. Management is very friendly and the environment is fun to work in. If I were to reapply I would do it but currently I'm looking for a career job in my field.
Great Environment
Mobile Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 March 2017
great place to work amazing people. managment is pretty lazy. they promote from within. good benifits and vacation. Developed great sales skills and customer service skills
I just didn't enjoy it
Home Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 March 2017
Personally, the job wasn't for me. It was boring work, making me clean everything literally ten times per shift if it wasn't busy. I didn't have ideal hours and they were not flexible with them at all. I also was aware after 3 months of working there, they were over staffed and to be honest, I never felt like my job was secure.

One day I wanted to go see my grand father and they refused to give me the time off. The sad par was that would have been the last time I saw him. He died a week later and I am a high school student so it's not like I could leave.

The worst part about the whole experience is I worked there for 8 months an they never TRAINED me. They even trained those who were hired after me so when the economy crashed I was the most logical lay-off.

I believe this is the second worst job I ever had,
very busy sometimes and not so busy other times
mobile lead speciealist (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK2 March 2017
Usually the day begins with auditing of all the cell phone pricing. then we have a store meeting at the end of it we play a game of ball or what ever the manager see fit.
the doors open and we begin serving customers. if there are no customers we do e learning or organize the mobile area. when I have associates working with me I train or quiz them on new plans and promotions.
Pros
lots of deal making freedom
Cons
no commissions
Really good place to work
Customer Services Representative (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  North York, ON2 March 2017
Amazing place to work and they help you out with everything. They also really understanding of any situations you have in your life. They also have a job security.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
lots of standing
bad
Mobile Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2017
i worked for best buy for 3 years and they dropped me like a rock with no warning or anything and the reason they gave me was absolute bull. they said my attitude was not fit for the NPS they were going for but every time i got a survey with my name on it, it was always a promoter
Fun Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 February 2017
At best buy, I learnt alot of new technical things, which helped me build a strong relationship with technology. Nice place to work
Decent Job for on in school
Digital Audio Specialist - Sales (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON28 February 2017
In college or university? This is a great flexible job with lost of perks being an employee.

If you want to be a retailer for life you may see advancement but it's a decent paying employer with great employee discounts.