Best Buy
5,706 reviews

Best Buy Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to work as a student with friendly staff.
Operations Senior (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 25, 2015
By the end of my time at Best Buy, I had worked there for a little over 2 years. My reason for leaving Best Buy was because I got accepted into school that was 8 hours a day Monday through Friday. Best Buy was a good place to work, I met a lot of great people who have become good friends of mine, it was easy to manage while I was still in high school, and there was a lot of opportunity for advancement. I started as a cashier and worked my way up to becoming Operations Senior towards the end of my time - and had experienced different departments in between then. Overall, I did enjoy working there and made a decent amount of money for what I was doing and would recommend it to any person that is in the position I was in at the time.
good place to work easy to get along with management
Picker Pallet builder/rider (Former Employee), Pickering,ON.February 24, 2015
Pros: great people to work for and with
Cons: the temporary warehouse was not ventilated well enough
Very good management but was just a seasonal job and if the had a permanent warehouse in Pickering,ON. i would have would pursued a career there further.
Get to know new people through giving right service to the customers and have fun at the same time.
MULTI-CHANNEL SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 24, 2015
I answer phone calls about product inquiry, price checks, and deals with in-store reserve and pick-ups. I have learned on how to react with different kind of attitude from people and in how to meet their needs. Managers are supportive and encouraging and always try to find a way for us to enjoy our work place. Same as with my co-workers, everyone supports and shows respect to each other. Never boring just being around them. The hardest part of my job is trying to please every customer, with high expectations from everyone else, and dealing with complicated customer issues. Though, the most enjoyable part of it is getting appreciated by satisfied customers at the end of the day and getting busy everyday and being able to interact with positive attitude towards new people and the rush of the pressure that pushes me to do better in every little mistakes I do every now and then.
Good working environment except for sales pressure
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: good management, fun staff, great discount
Cons: sales pressure, no commission or bonuses
Overall I've enjoyed working for Best Buy. Great management, and fun staff, however one thing I will say that drove me up the wall was the constant pressure to sell not only product but geek squad services and protection plans. Sales associates are asked to be "sharks on the floor" as if we are on commission... This was especially annoying during the Christmas season. I'm a college student and I need money of course, and for the amount of work expected for the same hourly wage as a mall kiosk, I'd say a person is better off working at a small store than at Best Buy. The discounts are pretty wicked though.
Fun place to work
Customer Service and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Would get to work and immediately begin to help customers find the right product that they desire. If I wasn't with a customer I would handle inventory and stocks, also inspected merchandise for quality and quantity.
typical day at work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 11, 2015
i would greet all customers that came in to our store
answer all there questions and help them as much as i could.
the management however could have been better
i was never informed about my schedule
when i would ask they would say we are printing a new one but it never had my name on it
Productiveand fun workplace with xbox in break room
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 9, 2015
the work and co-workers were fun uplifting and encouraging, generally. some management was questionable but other then that the job was lot of fun
Home Theatre/ Connected Solutions Specialist
Home Theatre/Computer Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 8, 2015
Working so far for more than 2 years at Best Buy been an exciting experience. Management and rest of the coworkers were really cooperative with the whole team. A lot of great knowledge with electronics were learned and also with many selling techniques. Satisfying customer service has been at peak level for me, as I have endured many situations and have learned the best way to come out of it and still remain a loyal relationship with a customer.
Great Company
Human Resource Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2015
Amazing company to work for. You learn more than what you were expecting. The skills acquired while working here will help further you in any career path of your choosing.
Challenging and exciting environment - career building
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 27, 2015
I've enjoyed a 13 year career at Future Shop and Best Buy Canada. In progressing roles in an exciting and dynamic environment, I've had the pleasure of working with and developing many great people while we focus on our customers, communities and growth.
great place to work, met alot of amazing people for long friendships
merchandising/loss prevention (Former Employee), Best BuyJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: discount on technology
A typical day at work would be starting at 6am sometime 4 or 5 depending on the duties for the day we would come in earlier. We would start by printing off the new price tags for the day that would take about 2-3 hours from printing to put out. After that we would do a missing tag walk to replace the price tags that were taken off from the day before. Then we would schedule shifts for up front which would be for Loss and prevention and greeting customers as they came in.during that time we would get in the truck which is usually about 7-10 pallets of product to be sorted and put out at during or end of the shift.
I got along with everyone at the store. The most enjoyable part of the job was the employees, if you wanted to talk about a issue it was a open door .
Excellent environment, friendly staff, decent wages
Home Theater Specialist (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere, excellent staff, fun environment
Cons: poor scheduling that ultimately lead to my having to find other employment
I loved my time at Best Buy. The staff was excellent and there was always room for advancement and regular salary increases based on performance. I gained a lot of knowledge of the field that I was in when I worked there and I met a lot of great people. The biggest downside was when I had an illness in the family and specifically requested certain hours off to help take care of my family member and they acquiesced but did not follow through. It was as if they hadn't marked anything down and it got to a point where I was getting 25-30 hours per week but could only work a single 5-7 hour shift out of those hours. I would be scheduled during times I had requested off and when I'd say I could come in at 1pm for example instead of 10am, they would just say that it was okay and they didn't need me to come in that day, so I'd lose a lot of shifts.
Amazing work place
Shipper & Receiver (Former Employee), Langley BCJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great hours
Everything was explained and well organized and management was amazing, everything was excellent hours were flexible, employees were all very helpful. Management was understanding if you had school, offered over time when over time was available, was enjoyable to work with friends and help everyone out
non productive and negative energy atmosphere.
Mobile Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 20, 2015
Cons: long hours
Some co-workers are very nice and respectable, and others are just there. Management was stuck up, scoffed at ideas, and often didn't encourage coworker communication. And played favorites.
Great people
Product process (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 19, 2015
The work its self wasn't hard or complicated and the learning curve is easy management could get worked up over stupid things and often would be a little oppressive and there was definite favoritism towards some employees. the hardest part of the job was probably that it was expected to be the most important part of your life and that everything else was less important or not important. the most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the people you work with you will meat some interesting characters
exceptional staff, great place to work
Assisting customers (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJanuary 16, 2015
this place is amazing to work for!

During the morning meetings, if time allows, games are played to boost crew moral and bring a more exciting atmosphere

It's sometimes a lil slow, but theres always someones to help
Productive fun workplace with Ps4 and xbox
Material Handler (Forklift Operator) (Former Employee), Airport.rd BramptonJanuary 11, 2015
Productive fun workplace with Ps4 and xbox, Cafeteria with a cook. Great people great cleaned warehouse with great people.
Easy non-commission work
Sales tech (Former Employee), south common edmontonJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: good friendly enviroment, fun work
Cons: very very low wage on the basis of work/knowledge/labour ratio
its a good place to work at for students,as being non-commission; customers have no pressure of getting one particular system. Managers are great, work is easy (at the entry level), its all customer service plus product knowledge but sometimes we have to sell our services along with the product and being honest it is some kind of pressure that our managers give us to sell "His" commission based services out of which we get nothing.
Having Fun While Being the Best
MOBILE MANAGER (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: nice employee discuounts
Cons: na
• Managing a 40 Million Dollar Big Box Store in down town Toronto / Mississauga with 150 + employees
• Achieving a goal of 42.5 Million sales for FY14, and 40 Million for FY 13, One of the highest in Canada.
• Directed and coordinated all aspects of daily store operations with focus on sales, marketing, merchandising, safety, regulatory compliance and leadership
• Administered corporate budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency
• Store P & L Management-( Minimizing write off/bad debt)
• Evaluated financial statements, sales reports, and other performance data to measure goal achievement as well as to determine areas needing cost reduction and area of improvement
• Worked closely with the district/regional/store teams on implementation of new programs/initiatives and ensure standard operating procedures ( SOPs) are executed.
• Adhered strict compliance with corporate policies, procedures, and regulations toward fulfillment of corporate goals and objectives
• Executed company sales and marketing strategy and provided customer insights to future strategy.
• Provide direction, manage team, performance management and development of store staff to ensure SOP execution and achievement of store financial and people development goals.
• Conducts regular store meetings, hire staff, train staff and schedule labor.
• Assist in customer retention goals by mentoring and developing BBY Mobile employee
• Co-ordinates relationships with in the store to create and maintain a team based co-operative work environment.
• Worked with District store Manager to achieve specific goals
• Teach out Leadership Training programs include / bold, boost, Team meeting, badge,
• Analyzed store's performance indicators against goals and developed plans to improve underachieving areas
productive and fun workplace.
high school mentor (Former Employee), winnipeg, MBJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
fun working environment.
great management.
nice co-workers.
the hardest part of job was that i had to stand for long hours and multitask.
most enjoyable part was free lunches and nice co-workers.
i learned to handle cash well and multitask.

1 2 3 4 5

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances – Read more