Best Buy

Best Buy Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to learn
Senior E-Procurement Lead (Former Employee), CHQJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great perks
Cons: no job security
I can still say this is the best learning environment to learn from the leaders in the industry.
Work summary
Product Specialist (digital audio) (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 22, 2014
Pros: discounts on products
Cons: boxing day sales
What i learned in my previous employment positions was communicating with customers, one on one or in groups. Educating ourselves on the products that we sell, as well as educating customers on the products. I found that the people i worked with were great to get along with, everyone was very welcoming.

The hardest part of working as a sales product – more... specalist was learning about all the products that you had to sell on the floor, and making sure you give out the right details about the products to the customers that are interested and wanna know more about that product.

What i enjoyed the most about working as a product sales specialist was gaining more skills with working and dealing with customers, it made me feel more comfortable being able to approach people and not feel shy, i feel like my communication skills grew and I wish to continue to use that skill throughout any of my future employments. – less
Such a great place to work with such a fun environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 15, 2014
Pros: 50% off my phone bill
Cons: not enough hours
Best Buy is a great place to work. A typical day for me would be to help as many customers as can and ensure that they leave with a good experience. I joke around with both the customers as well as the staff which make it any shift go by very quickly. The management is very good and is away willing to give you any help you may need and are very flexible – more... when it comes to any sickness or injury. I have learned so much working there, not only about the products I sold but I learned better ways to interact with the customers and mae sure I was recommending the right products. There are so many benefits and discounts that make this place one of my favourites to work at but it sometimes can be very difficult helping customers understand why a certain service could really benefit them. – less
great place
Sales Associate/Computer Specialist (Former Employee), Markham, ONJuly 13, 2014
Pros: discounts
great, fun, amazing work enviroment. they teach you alot about products keep you up to date. great discounts and they take care of their employees
Fun Place To Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), TorontoJuly 3, 2014
Met a lot of nice people at Best Buy. The managers were really down to earth and guided each employee with respect.
Busy place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 3, 2014
Busy place to work, great staff and opportunity to work with diverse people. Great place to develop customer service skills
Great place to work!
Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2014
Great environment to better to develop and exercise communication and sales.

Lots of internal growth opportunity.
Friendly work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), St. John's, NLJune 20, 2014
Pros: different activities like retro video games night
Typical day of work include talking to various customers to answer any questions they have on the product. Management is great to get along with and always try to help when there is an issue. Co-workers are friendly and dependable
BestBuy
Connected solution specialist (Former Employee), Regina, SKJune 9, 2014
Best Buy is the best place to learn about new electronics. The company allows its employe's to get first hand on products before they are open to public. By doing this we are able to learn in advance.
Overall Good with not so good management
Senior Mobile Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 5, 2014
no career advancement available and the management is not really helpful with helping you advance either. Fellow colleagues are amazing to work with.
na
Product Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 3, 2014
Pros: great discounts
they create a good work enviroment, I'm very happy there. Management is always available for help and assistance. co-workers are friendly and willing to assist in training. If you don't mind retail and are interested in technology its a great place to work.
Great place to work at
SUPERVISOR - Logistics/ Callbacks/ P.R.C (Former Employee), Langley, BCJune 1, 2014
I had a great time at this place. Everyday was different and always presented with new challanges but everyone came together to solve all the issues.
Great place!
Very fun and energeti working enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 29, 2014
Pros: discounts on certain items
Cons: nothing
It was a very fun workplace. I am always on my feet. We got to talk and interact with new and old clients everyday.
Sales representative /Inventory Personal (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 16, 2014
Part-time job
Managing and stocking of weekly received replenishment, in addition to customer service duties.
horrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 12, 2014
The bestbuy treat you like pigs and the managers just want you to work and work they never have fun .
Best Buy Burnaby was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 8, 2014
Management is a mess, but the co-workers were great.

Enjoyed helping customers, but the learning curve is definitely steep.

Couldn't help but feel stranded as they do not provide ample training.
Great People with a common goal of taking care of customer needs
District Manager (Former Employee), VancouverMay 7, 2014
Pros: salary/benefits
Cons: long hours/travelling
It was an awesome growth environment allowing personal growth over the years! In the early part of my career, there was some personal sacrifice that had the be made to achieve the level of success needed to grow. Once you achieve that, the sky is the limit!
I would personally recommend this organization for anyone.
Culture okay...but poort management
Specialist in IT (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 7, 2014
Pros: vending machines for discount stuff
Cons: buy your own usb hdd or upgrades for company assigned laptops...
Not the best. CMMI level 1. Some of the so call managers have no real management skills.

Some of the project managers are not very resourceful and not experienced.
Great job!
MOBILE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 6, 2014
A typical day starts with a morning meeting, outlining sales goals, and department goals for the day. I started in the web order desk, and due to my previous experience in a mobile environment, I migrated to mobile, and am now in the customer service operations dept.
Productive and busy workplace.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 1, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: a numbers based company
I was responsible for the scheduling, payroll, sales in the store, and running the operations of the store without issue.

1 2 3 4 5

About Best Buy

Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE: BBY) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics in the United States, accounting for 19% of the – Read more