Best Buy Employee Reviews

Awful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC14 January 2018
Working in management was terrible long hours with no overtime and constantly trying to please the district management. The company was always restructuring and cutting positions.
Nice co-workers and nice hours but....
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 January 2018
The environment to work there is great. Everyone is nice and you learn a lot of things while working there but the management is made of people with ice cold hearts. When they hired me, they hired me as a full-time employee and on 90 day probation.Everything was fine, there were no customer complaints against me. But after the boxing day passed, they started laying off employees. On Jan 29, it was my 90th day of probation and they fired me that day for no reason. Since, I was still on probation, I could not do anything about it. I walked into new year jobless. They fired 90% of the new hires for no reason. If they needed us just for 90 days, they could have just told us that. I would never recommend any of my friends or any living human being to work there.
Productive team with a hint of a family atmosphere.
Product Process Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 January 2018
- The work very easy to pick up, people are easy going.
Needs a step-by-step guide on what the department job for new employees/reference for older employees.
Pros
Discount on products in-store and online. Benefits for part-time workers.
Cons
Minimum wage, little to no shifts on down time months. Needs proper training in every department.
another job
OPERATIONS SENIOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 January 2018
best buy was a great introduction to customer service. the people were nice and the customers were hard to deal with. the benefits were the best i have ever had
Good
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON11 January 2018
Excellent work experience came with the job u learned about electronics and how to sell and maintain them I learned about connecting things to make other things work using stuff you wouldn't think to use
!!!!!!!!best buy is a garbage company to work for!!!!!!!
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC11 January 2018
find anything else if you can! poor hours, only supervisors and management work full time, I was never offered full time hours, and when you exit best buy, or quit, or just leave like I did because I found out I could never get a reference to find employment in any other field, but I found better employment opportunities, and I'm happier for leaving best buy, making $600 a month? How would anyone survive.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2018
Great atmosphere , great people, challenging environment easily one of the best retail environments out there, I would recommend if you are interested in a job in the field.
good place
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2018
it's great place to work , the only cons is that everything is about your numbers and how many sells you do. great mangers, staffs and coworkers . overall is great place to work
Pros
free food for the holidays
Cons
salary
Sales Associate-Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Sunridge9 January 2018
Training when first hired was far above par! Really great learning environment
Was not there more than 2 months but still really learned a lot about technology, computers and accessories. Wish that I could have stayed on past the seasonal months which I was hired for.
But if another position opens up in the near future I would really like to go back and work for Best Buy again !
Overall it was fun atmosphere to work.
Technical Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 January 2018
It gave a good learning experience in sales and custom dealing. However in the location I worked the management was too focused at micromanagement which I find at times is demotivating. Salary wasn't that great but the benefits were decent.
Pros
Good Team to work with and good sales experience.
Cons
Micromanagement
Fun With Friends
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2018
Best BUY CANADA Calgary, AB
September 2010 – January 2013
Customer Service Representative
● Responsible for handling customer issues and complaints in an efficient and courteous manner
● Responsible for large sums of cash at the beginning and end of each shift, and to ensure that the store balanced financially at the end of each night
● Given a leadership role with responsibility over any employee in the Customer Service department
Pros
I look good in blue
Cons
I don't much like technology
Challanging but interesting
Geek Squad Counter Intelligence Agent (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 January 2018
Normal day to day operation at a retail location such as this one are not easy as you are bombarded with customers looking for support for their technology or get express their disbelief when not given that support.
Great people, Bad management
Product Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2018
I worked for Best Buy for 2 years, in this time I had never been written up or talked about my work performance being poor.

After working hard for 2 years, with no conversation about improvement, the general manager decided on his own without talking to my direct leadership to terminate me from the company.

The benefits are amazing for students since they give health benefits after 6 months of work, and the hours are fairly flexible. But it would see if the manager does not like you, they can just throw you away no matter how value of an employee you were.

The rating is 1 star because I think the company overall is in the wrong for allowing this situation to happen with no recourse towards the general managers (they can do whatever they want and run the store into the ground).

Co-workers are great since the people are nice and do amazing things everyday, they become like a second family.

Too bad the every general manager in the company does not go by their core values, and they let go good people for no reason.
Pros
Health benefits, Free food on days like Boxing day
Cons
Underappreciated for hard work, will terminate you without warning
Fun place to work for students!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC5 January 2018
I learned a lot about computers and was able to build my confidence with speaking to people. There would always be a meeting before the store opened to plan what the target goal were for the day. We would play games and had competition to see who would get the most sales. I really loved the people I worked with. Management was very understanding and caring.
fun place to work with nice co-workers
Product Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2018
very laid back and structured very well. lots of support when new.very welcoming. hardest part about working at bestbuy was always doing extended hour while going to school.
Cons
overtime was always needed
Most enjoyable job of my life! Great people and friends.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2018
Meeting new customers everyday, and acknowledging those that have become loyal to your store and the company.
Helping to develop new employees and providing mentoring and coaching to those that have retail experience.
Receptive management team and established values.
Friendly and hardworking workplace atmosphere.
Pros
New products, people and adapting to change
Cons
Heavy lifting of products.
Culture de l'entreprise
Coordonnateur des ventes (Current Employee) –  Anjou, QC2 January 2018
Best Buy incarne une culture de travail exemplaire ou l'employer exerce ces taches et ces mission toute en s'amusant et étant les meilleurs.
une culture basé sur la performance, résultat sans aucun esprit négatif
une expérience dans la vente au détail exceptionnelle
One big family
Product Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB1 January 2018
The people are wonderful, the job has its days. The best part about working at Best Buy is the relationships you build with your coworkers, they become your second family.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours
Fun time with Best Buy
Operations/Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 December 2017
Friendly people and overall fun atmosphere. Became a little less fun once getting into management, and you can start to see the values fall apart. Overall was a pleasant time while I was there and definitely would recommend them for someone looking for a fun workplace either full or part time.
Was a nice job
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK30 December 2017
Best was good but they layed me off with zero notice which kind of screwed me over if I had known that was going to happen I would've never taken the job
Pros
Decent discount
Cons
Managers were not the best

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best Buy. Our community is ready to answer.