Position Type: Contact – Full Time Job Region: ON – Metro Toronto Area
Application Deadline: Mid-August (Interviews will begin immediately)
Best Buddies is a national charitable organization that helps foster one-to-one friendships between people with intellectual disabilities and students. Through the program, chapters are formed at High Schools, Colleges, and Universities by pairing students and individuals with intellectual disabilities who have similar interests. Best Buddies is grounded in the belief that friendship is important to the development of all individuals and that for all individuals with intellectual disabilities friendship is a medium through which they can become a part of their communities.
Best Buddies Head office is seeking an individual with an entrepreneurial drive and leadership skills who is passionate about helping others. The person must be able to work independently and be a self-starter. As a Program Coordinator, they will be required have a strong skill set to:
- Manage existing and new Best Buddies chapters;
- Present the Best Buddies program to new schools and community organizations;
- Problem solve and provide support and guidance to students, teachers and host sites;
- Conduct site visits to schools in their region on a regular basis;
- Recruit strong candidates to serve as volunteers;
- Liaise with schools, colleges, and universities.
They would be also expected to assist with:
- Local fundraising projects;
- Special events;
- Other projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate should:
- Hold a university degree or college diploma and 3-5 years related experience;
- Be committed to supporting people with intellectual disabilities;
- Have an entrepreneurial drive;
- Be interested in working with elementary/high-school and/or university/college-aged students;
- Be a team player;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Have excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Hold strong computer skills;
- Be able to work weekends and extra hours where necessary;
- The ideal candidate will have a valid driver’s license.
Contact by: Email
Job Contact Information
HR Department: Best Buddies - Canada
Resumes should be emailed to Gia Bennett
For more information, visit our website http://www.bestbuddies.ca.