Berry Plastics

Berry Plastics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place.
Operator (Current Employee), Danville, KYApril 10, 2015
Great place to work. The pay is excellent but you do work for your money. Its a very busy job but it isn't very hard to do. The co-workers are great and we get along great. The supervisor is a great leader and steps in to help out when needed.
Nice place to work friendly enviroment
Laborer/Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYMarch 31, 2015
Pros: extra break & longer breaks
Cons: Working someone elses machines & yours during their break
A typical day consisted of constantly walking from machine to machine, taping up boxes, keeping track of your progress with your paperwork. Stacking the boxes on pallets using pallet jacks to place them in designated location to be picked up by the tow motor driver. The hardest part was giving breaks to other machine operators who were on the other side of the factory.
full of contradictions
Process Technician (Current Employee), Evansville, INMarch 17, 2015
Pros: benefits, 401k, subway in break room
Cons: hot, busy and slow seasons, barely any weekends off, doesnt offer as much overtime
As a thermoforming technician at Berry Plastics, the moral in the past year has gone down quite a bit. We were on a 21 day schedule and able to get over time any time that we wanted and weekends were based by seniority. This past year we have been placed on a 10 days on and off for 2 days in the attempt to "improve our family time". The only time that seniority matters now is on holidays and when you put in for vacations.
The moral has made an incredible downward spiral and our manager has stated "If you don't like it here then quit". With the new schedule, it is not worth the money. If I were to demote to an operator and work 2 weeks straight, I would make the same amount of money I am making working my 10 days in a row. I believe that even the operators are about to be forced onto a 12 hour rotation.
I enjoy working with other people and have made many friends. It really is a team based job when things go wrong. You rely on one another to complete tasks and get a machine operating again.
The hardest part about the job is probably the sheer boredom on most days. When machines are operating at full potential you are literally standing around and watching conveyors. On bad days its a sweat fest. Cutting sheet and doing technical processing on machines to get it running to the point you can stand around and watch conveyors.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the compensation and going home at the end of the night.
good place to work
Project Engineer (Current Employee), evansville IndianaMarch 11, 2015
Good place to work. Engineers need more pay, management needs to value good employees. I have grown as a person from working at berry plastics but I need to continue to move forward
Sweat shops do exist....
Inspector packer (Former Employee), Tolleson, AZMarch 1, 2015
Cons: short breaks, sweat shop
They claim to have "climate controlled" warehouses but trust me it's not! Job is kinda easy but fast pace and since it's so hot our always sweating. Long hours of standing in the same place
Fun Place to work.
Thermoform Operator (Current Employee), Evansville IndianaFebruary 28, 2015
My job was very physical and I enjoyed the environment. It was fast paced and for the most part my coworkers were easy to get along with.
Certified Machine Operator (Former Employee), Henrietta, NYFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: good location, clean environment
Cons: alot of downtime
working at ucb was a challenge it was a good variety of jobs to be doing very interesting, going to the store and seeing the products on the shelves made me proud it was a clean environment which was nice always something to do.
Very poor human resources at franklin facility
t-2 (Current Employee), franklin,indianaFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: pay is fair
Cons: you are only a number
I have worked her for 9 years, this place started out as Rexam plastics was the #1 place in town to work. Bought by berry plastics last year and has went straight down hill. We have taken pay cuts, benefit cuts and health insurance raises and lower benefit brackets. Work 12 hour days with NO chance for advancement. and the Human resource lady is a BIG joke. She absolutely does not know her job at all. Corporate lets her slip through the cracks. Anytime you need assistance or any type of employee information so just hands you a800 number and says she does not know either. New plant manager just this year, seems to care but is also blindsided by HR department...it will be his down fall.
fun place to work, great co workers
Set up Operator (Former Employee), Battleboro, NCFebruary 20, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. i like to operate machinery and learn the different things they can do. co workers was fun to be around and i also like teaching people how to do things i've learned. only thing i didnt like about this job, was extreme heat.
Awesome place to work wish i never left
PMO Technician (Former Employee), Evansville, INFebruary 17, 2015
Great place to work with great people tons of room for advancement. Good shifts as well.Best company i've had the pleasure of working for.
Great family owned business
Mold Tech Operator (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARFebruary 16, 2015
Love the business and all its employees. The management and where very professional and thorough. The service was quality every time a job had to be done. Every job was finished on time and to the customers liking.
Excellent enviorment for people who dont need money
Printing Specialist (Current Employee), Hot Springs, ArkansasFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: controlled heat and air
Cons: short breaks, long hours and low pay
Management is in disarray and pay is not competetive, there is no accountability. I do enjoy the job i have the management just doesn't give you the support that you need to be successful in your position.
OK
Thermo Forming Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee), Evansville, INFebruary 2, 2015
The company as a whole is good, I enjoy what I do for a living. But I need more of a challenge.
The management needs to defiantly worked on.

My Co-Workers are great
pays good for someone with no college back ground
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Dundalk, MDJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: everything
This is the worst place ever to work. Poorly managed, and only concidered a number or body to them. They dont care for their employees!! In the baltimore plant its all about who your sleep with and who you tell on that gets you places. It's one big middle school drama drama drama. Oh and the union sucks too United steel workers, they don't care about us either they do what HR tells them to.
not a great place
line lead (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJanuary 22, 2015
it was a very high stress long work hours horrrible managment
Decent
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSJanuary 15, 2015
Good place to work if you do not have previous experience on your resume. It is a good gateway job to better things (hopefully)
Great customer base
Shipping Manager (Former Employee), Tolleson, AZJanuary 8, 2015
Very customer oriented company and great customer service.
I advanced my skills and knowledge of how to serve customers better while still benefiting the company.
Good communication between management and work staff.
Nice
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Evansville, INJanuary 4, 2015
Nice place to work. Very nice.Nice environment. Nice coworkers. A lot of work as a Customer Service Rep.
Hard work
Packer (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJanuary 3, 2015
This job was very hard work. The work is constant and always going.
Good work enviroment
Process Molding Technician (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJanuary 1, 2015
Documentation of process, maintaining process, reviewing upcoming changes and performing those in a timely manner. Basic communication with other relevant co workers. Most difficult time in the day is starting up new jobs in a timely manner with maintaining quality levels. Feeling good about area running efficiently.

1 2 3 4 5

About Berry Plastics

When it comes to selling plastic products, Berry Plastics practically buries the competition. The company is a leading maker of – Read more