Berry Plastics

Berry Plastics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Decent
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSJanuary 15, 2015
Good place to work if you do not have previous experience on your resume. It is a good gateway job to better things (hopefully)
Great customer base
Shipping Manager (Former Employee), Tolleson, AZJanuary 8, 2015
Very customer oriented company and great customer service.
I advanced my skills and knowledge of how to serve customers better while still benefiting the company.
Good communication between management and work staff.
Nice
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Evansville, INJanuary 4, 2015
Nice place to work. Very nice.Nice environment. Nice coworkers. A lot of work as a Customer Service Rep.
Hard work
Packer (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJanuary 3, 2015
This job was very hard work. The work is constant and always going.
Good work enviroment
Process Molding Technician (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJanuary 1, 2015
Documentation of process, maintaining process, reviewing upcoming changes and performing those in a timely manner. Basic communication with other relevant co workers. Most difficult time in the day is starting up new jobs in a timely manner with maintaining quality levels. Feeling good about area running efficiently.
Was a nice place to work
storeroom purchasing (Former Employee), Erie paDecember 30, 2014
Pros: pay was good
Cons: down sizing
Berry was a nice place to work I worked for the company for 42 years I had a moved up the ladder and now they did away with purchasing and storeroom
I loved my job
Administrative Assistant, Express (Former Employee), McAlester, OklahomaDecember 21, 2014
Pros: co-workers and good pay
I made a lot of friends, very enjoyable place to work. Had the usual few unpleasant people to work with but, for the most part I loved working at Berry Plastics.
I was an inspector/packer
Printing Machine Operator (Former Employee), syracuse, new yorkDecember 8, 2014
worst experience of my life. sweat shops do exist and now i know never to work for that company ever again.
A depressing place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee), Evansville, INDecember 4, 2014
Pros: good pay, double time and time and a half are available
Cons: poor management, rude co-workers, work environment is excessively hostile, 1-2 days off a month, you never know when you will work weekends
Berry Plastics is a place I would recommend against working for. The pay is fairly high, but I would work three weeks straight very often. You never know if you will have weekends off until late on Friday, making it impossible to accurately plan for anything. Most of the management displays poor characteristics for those in a leadership role. They are often rude, they will put you down, they use a disgusting amount of profanity, and most of them will not aid you in any way. Unfortunately, many of the co-workers can be the same, although not to the extent as management. I was even forced to skip lunch breaks most days of the week; this continued for nearly 2 years. A typical day involved a 10 hour shift of working around machines. I cleaned them, I changed color for our parts, I recorded orders, and I was tasked with decision making in nearly every aspect of the job. However, despite all of the negatives, I did learn some incredibly useful skills. Due to the high stress and heavy workload, I can multitask a numerous amount of projects at once. These projects are typically very fast paced- the moment one begins, it should be done no later than within 10 minutes from the starting point, in most cases. I dealt with customer complaints. I had to deal subordinates complaining, and learn how to properly resolve arguments and disagreements. Finally, due to only receiving one or two days off every month, I was able to save money. Overall, I would not recommend Berry. It taught me a few important aspects about hard work environments, but the crudeness of the people around me, the long hours, and the poor management truly ruined this job for me.
My experience of this job
Department Group Lead (Former Employee), Battleboro,ncNovember 30, 2014
Pros: enviorment
Maintaining production requirements including scrap rates,production rates, lines speed , and weight tolerance.
taco tuesday
Packer Inspector (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLNovember 24, 2014
Pros: free taco tuesday
Cons: short breaks and beard nets
they are a clean company
i learned how to successfully run a injection molding machine and how to work as a team to accomplish one goal.
I found the job to be quite easy where others struggled with late hrs and continuous lifting.
typically a great place to work
Inspector Packer for Sunbeam Plastics (Former Employee), Evansville, INNovember 22, 2014
Pros: pay.
Cons: short lunches or no lunches.
Berry was a great place to work except that our boss wanted the amount of 3 peoples work out of 1 person. That was very difficult.
Excellent Place to work
ToolMaker (Current Employee), Monroe, NCNovember 18, 2014
Berry Plastics is an excellent place to work,great pay excellent bennifits,great people to work with and for. Bonuses twice a year and excellent service awards and dinners all the time. challenging work.they have excellent vacation and holiday off. very serious about producing good parts and customer service.
not an enjoyable place to work
Machine Operator /Supervisor (Former Employee), Battleboro, NCNovember 14, 2014
working 7 days a week 8 hour shifts no family time extreme heat and cold terrible management
Berry Plastics
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee), Monroeville, OHNovember 11, 2014
Management was not friendly, over worked hardly no time spent outside of work.
good pay and benefits.. thats it
Process Technician (Former Employee), evansville in INNovember 5, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: min. training, no respect, or loyalty
the pay is great if you make it above being an operator.
The company is all about the bottom dollar. It used to be
a great place to work for but now its an awful place to work.
The past year all they do is take away from the front lines the
people that keep them going. They took away almost all over time
they took away double time on sundays. There is no loyalty from the upper management. They expect you to work like dogs but when its their turn to do something for their employees they stab you in the back. If you dont mind working like a dog just going in and getting your check and thats it then you might like it, but if you take pride in what you do their and like to be respected by the actual company then this is not the place for you.
Very active team members
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSNovember 3, 2014
I loved the job but it didn't pay the bills. We did not get enough OT.
Pretty good company
Production Operator (Current Employee), Madisonville, KYOctober 23, 2014
Very productive company. The shift hours are very nice, and its a climate controlled factory which is a plus.
Could be better
Forklift Operator in a warehouse (Current Employee), Morrow, GAOctober 21, 2014
Its an ok place to be. Everyday is kind of the same work work work
fun work place
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Richmond, Va.October 21, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: short breaks
making and inspecting plastic bottles on a daily basis
all the co-workers worked together very well.
there was nothing hard about this job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Berry Plastics

When it comes to selling plastic products, Berry Plastics practically buries the competition. The company┬áis a leading maker of – Read more