Berry Plastics

Berry Plastics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Certified Machine Operator (Former Employee), Henrietta, NYFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: good location, clean environment
Cons: alot of downtime
working at ucb was a challenge it was a good variety of jobs to be doing very interesting, going to the store and seeing the products on the shelves made me proud it was a clean environment which was nice always something to do.
Very poor human resources at franklin facility
t-2 (Current Employee), franklin,indianaFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: pay is fair
Cons: you are only a number
I have worked her for 9 years, this place started out as Rexam plastics was the #1 place in town to work. Bought by berry plastics last year and has went straight down hill. We have taken pay cuts, benefit cuts and health insurance raises and lower benefit brackets. Work 12 hour days with NO chance for advancement. and the Human resource lady is a BIG joke. She absolutely does not know her job at all. Corporate lets her slip through the cracks. Anytime you need assistance or any type of employee information so just hands you a800 number and says she does not know either. New plant manager just this year, seems to care but is also blindsided by HR department...it will be his down fall.
fun place to work, great co workers
Set up Operator (Former Employee), Battleboro, NCFebruary 20, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. i like to operate machinery and learn the different things they can do. co workers was fun to be around and i also like teaching people how to do things i've learned. only thing i didnt like about this job, was extreme heat.
Awesome place to work wish i never left
PMO Technician (Former Employee), Evansville, INFebruary 17, 2015
Great place to work with great people tons of room for advancement. Good shifts as well.Best company i've had the pleasure of working for.
Great family owned business
Mold Tech Operator (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARFebruary 16, 2015
Love the business and all its employees. The management and where very professional and thorough. The service was quality every time a job had to be done. Every job was finished on time and to the customers liking.
Excellent enviorment for people who dont need money
Printing Specialist (Current Employee), Hot Springs, ArkansasFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: controlled heat and air
Cons: short breaks, long hours and low pay
Management is in disarray and pay is not competetive, there is no accountability. I do enjoy the job i have the management just doesn't give you the support that you need to be successful in your position.
OK
Thermo Forming Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee), Evansville, INFebruary 2, 2015
The company as a whole is good, I enjoy what I do for a living. But I need more of a challenge.
The management needs to defiantly worked on.

My Co-Workers are great
pays good for someone with no college back ground
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Dundalk, MDJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: everything
This is the worst place ever to work. Poorly managed, and only concidered a number or body to them. They dont care for their employees!! In the baltimore plant its all about who your sleep with and who you tell on that gets you places. It's one big middle school drama drama drama. Oh and the union sucks too United steel workers, they don't care about us either they do what HR tells them to.
not a great place
line lead (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJanuary 22, 2015
it was a very high stress long work hours horrrible managment
Decent
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSJanuary 15, 2015
Good place to work if you do not have previous experience on your resume. It is a good gateway job to better things (hopefully)
Great customer base
Shipping Manager (Former Employee), Tolleson, AZJanuary 8, 2015
Very customer oriented company and great customer service.
I advanced my skills and knowledge of how to serve customers better while still benefiting the company.
Good communication between management and work staff.
Nice
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Evansville, INJanuary 4, 2015
Nice place to work. Very nice.Nice environment. Nice coworkers. A lot of work as a Customer Service Rep.
Hard work
Packer (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJanuary 3, 2015
This job was very hard work. The work is constant and always going.
Good work enviroment
Process Molding Technician (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJanuary 1, 2015
Documentation of process, maintaining process, reviewing upcoming changes and performing those in a timely manner. Basic communication with other relevant co workers. Most difficult time in the day is starting up new jobs in a timely manner with maintaining quality levels. Feeling good about area running efficiently.
Was a nice place to work
storeroom purchasing (Former Employee), Erie paDecember 30, 2014
Pros: pay was good
Cons: down sizing
Berry was a nice place to work I worked for the company for 42 years I had a moved up the ladder and now they did away with purchasing and storeroom
I loved my job
Administrative Assistant, Express (Former Employee), McAlester, OklahomaDecember 21, 2014
Pros: co-workers and good pay
I made a lot of friends, very enjoyable place to work. Had the usual few unpleasant people to work with but, for the most part I loved working at Berry Plastics.
I was an inspector/packer
Printing Machine Operator (Former Employee), syracuse, new yorkDecember 8, 2014
worst experience of my life. sweat shops do exist and now i know never to work for that company ever again.
A depressing place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee), Evansville, INDecember 4, 2014
Pros: good pay, double time and time and a half are available
Cons: poor management, rude co-workers, work environment is excessively hostile, 1-2 days off a month, you never know when you will work weekends
Berry Plastics is a place I would recommend against working for. The pay is fairly high, but I would work three weeks straight very often. You never know if you will have weekends off until late on Friday, making it impossible to accurately plan for anything. Most of the management displays poor characteristics for those in a leadership role. They are often rude, they will put you down, they use a disgusting amount of profanity, and most of them will not aid you in any way. Unfortunately, many of the co-workers can be the same, although not to the extent as management. I was even forced to skip lunch breaks most days of the week; this continued for nearly 2 years. A typical day involved a 10 hour shift of working around machines. I cleaned them, I changed color for our parts, I recorded orders, and I was tasked with decision making in nearly every aspect of the job. However, despite all of the negatives, I did learn some incredibly useful skills. Due to the high stress and heavy workload, I can multitask a numerous amount of projects at once. These projects are typically very fast paced- the moment one begins, it should be done no later than within 10 minutes from the starting point, in most cases. I dealt with customer complaints. I had to deal subordinates complaining, and learn how to properly resolve arguments and disagreements. Finally, due to only receiving one or two days off every month, I was able to save money. Overall, I would not recommend Berry. It taught me a few important aspects about hard work environments, but the crudeness of the people around me, the long hours, and the poor management truly ruined this job for me.
My experience of this job
Department Group Lead (Former Employee), Battleboro,ncNovember 30, 2014
Pros: enviorment
Maintaining production requirements including scrap rates,production rates, lines speed , and weight tolerance.
taco tuesday
Packer Inspector (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLNovember 24, 2014
Pros: free taco tuesday
Cons: short breaks and beard nets
they are a clean company
i learned how to successfully run a injection molding machine and how to work as a team to accomplish one goal.
I found the job to be quite easy where others struggled with late hrs and continuous lifting.

1 2 3 4 5

About Berry Plastics

When it comes to selling plastic products, Berry Plastics practically buries the competition. The company is a leading maker of – Read more