Berry Plastics

Berry Plastics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun work place
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Richmond, Va.October 21, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: short breaks
making and inspecting plastic bottles on a daily basis
all the co-workers worked together very well.
there was nothing hard about this job.
Awesome
Lead Electro Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Easthampton, MAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: promotions
Cons: time off
Work was great, made lot's of family.
Working as a team.
Management wasn't the best but they tried.
INSPECTOR PACKER (Current Employee), richmond indOctober 12, 2014
Pros: i know my schedule year round
Cons: 12 hours makes a long day
Over all it is a pretty good place to work. I love having my days off through the week.
Fast paced but fun to work
Packer (Former Employee), Monroeville, OHOctober 10, 2014
Factory work can be very boring and routine. At berry plastics the people made it worth while. They were so understanding, and very kind. I loved working there. Making the products was so much fun, since you learned so much about the products itself.
i liked it very good place to work
Packer (Former Employee), Bettendorf, IAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: good pay and benfits good people
Cons: hours
good benfits and good pay and good people to work with i would love to work there again . i made a bad choice to not come in so i dont know if i quit and or got fired but great place to work
A very productive and safe place to work
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee), Battleboro, NCOctober 8, 2014
Pros: every other weekend off
Cons: working in hot climate
A typical day at work for me would be to come in a pack trash bags at fast paste cross training quality checks every 30 minutes and lite cleaning when line is down and picking up scrap off the floor and working 12 hour shifts
Can't imagine working anywhere else
Packer (Current Employee), Monroe, LaOctober 2, 2014
Pros: hr team, benefits and pay
Cons: 12 hours rotating shifts
Berry Plastics has gone through some major changes the last few years. It is no longer a local company but one that is world wide. I feel our HR department listens to us and gives us great advice on multiple topics. All the changes that HR has been making the last few years has benefited the employees. The Management team in the Monroe facility clearly – more... has an open door policy and I have never heard them or either HR Manager curse at anyone. If your not scared to do a little work this is the place for you!! – less
Great Company
Territory Manager (Former Employee), MAOctober 1, 2014
Berry is a great company, perhaps not the strongest commitment to flexible films currently.
nice co workers to work with
Assembly (Former Employee), chicago, IlSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: lunch breaks.
Cons: didn't have work daily
good work atmosphere, the work was fair. Too many off days (temporary employment). Pretty good experience overall.
Productive work place
Packer/ Machine Operator (Former Employee), Battleboro, NCSeptember 18, 2014
Management and co-workers were very well organized a great place to work the company catered to their employers I came in as a temp worker hired on permanently rotated from one department to the next very quickly.
Thoroughly met my needs as a temporary associate
Packer (Former Employee), Alsip, ILSeptember 15, 2014
Met my needs as far as job placement. Very professional establishment. Cooperative management staff. Gave me plenty of experience in my field in order to grow and learn different techniques in different environments.
productive and fun place to work
Molding Operator (Former Employee), Woodstock, ILSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: nights went by really fast
Cons: no cons with this job
learned how to work in the plastic business. my co-workers were a great team to work with always pleasant. I loved learning new skills and machines within the company.
Excellent workplace, but job is being transferred out of state in February
Metrologist/ Lab Technician (Current Employee), Lancaster, PASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: enjoy almost all facets of the job
Cons: job is being transferred out of state
I have worked at Berry Plastics since January of 2008. I just recently found out that our jobs are being transferred out of state in February. Berry is a fast paced work environment that expects flexibility and quick turn around times for project completion. While at Berry, I received the Diamond of the Year award in 2012 (Employee of the Year).
Good Place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), WoodstockSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: good benefits, friendly environment, over time when needed
Cons: hr would round down 3:44 to 3:30 on the time cards
Report at 7 am for daily meeting, after about 20 minutes start the days required tasks and duties. I learned a great deal while I was working there about injection molding machines and accessory equipment vital in the production and decoration of plastic parts. Management was nice and friendly, soometimes people would take advantage of that and not – more... work as hard as possible. I got along with everyone and liked everyone I worked with. The hardest part was when there was a lack of work to be done and I would have to figure out productive usage of my time without supervision. The thing I loved about the job was the ability to use my knowledge and fabrication skills to complete tasks and solve problems – less
good place to work, but shifts are 12 hours everyday
Print Press Operator (Former Employee), Macedon, NYSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: benefits, vacation, quality work
Cons: long hour shifts, extra shifts each week expected to work extra day
very demanding job, hot in summer, long hour days. good benefits,and pay not bad. just don't have much family time.good job for young person looking to make money an not much else.
12 hour Work Days
T2 (Current Employee), Franklin, INAugust 12, 2014
Pros: over time evey other weeks
We work 12 Work days either 3 or 4 days a week. I uninstalled and installed Plastic Injected Blow Molds into presses. After Installed processed machine to properly run good product.
Good pay
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), OklahomaJuly 28, 2014
Pulling stretch film off of the rollers and packaging them, loading them onto skids.

Heavy lifting.
Management seems lost at times.
Tooling (Current Employee), Monroeville, OHJuly 27, 2014
Great people to work with. Management does nothing to create a positive work place.
Sucks
Temporary Operator (Current Employee), Lawrence, KSJuly 18, 2014
Pros: not hard to do the job
Cons: little benefits, lazy staff, poor communication, and lunches are not paid.
I really dislike the job as it seems I have to work all the time just to make ends meet. I feel another job could be more than beneficial to me as I could take time off, work more overtime, take days and have holidays off which I currently don't feel secure enough to do.
Straight forward work by the day.
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Evansville, INJune 22, 2014
Pros: we get reward parties time to time
Cons: healthcare is expensive.. could be better
Packing and checking quality of parts daily. I've learned alot about the outcome of our hard work we do daily. There are different employee's with different mindsets.. You have to adjust to each one. The hardest part may just be trying to understand what is expected cause things change by the day. The most enjoyable part of working is when you have – more... finished a job and you know everything is what you were put out to accomplish. It makes the day or night that much better. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Berry Plastics

When it comes to selling plastic products, Berry Plastics practically buries the competition. The company┬áis a leading maker of – Read more