Berlitz Employee Review

Excellent Work Environment
English/French Instructor, CSR (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 May 2012
Teaching at Berlitz is a rewarding experience. Teachers arrive before their class, review the student file, and prepare for class. This job has helped me develop excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills. The management is very approachable and does whatever they can to help you. My co-workers are very friendly, and I have become close with a number of them. The hardest part of the job is teaching a student that is taking language training because it is required for their job. Most students are excited to learn a language, but some see it as a waste of time. The challenge in this is to find a way to make the lesson interesting for them while still teaching. The most enjoyable part is seeing the progress that students make and how happy they are about it.
Pros
flexible schedules, rewarding experience, excellent work environment.
Cons
unreliable hours.

Other Berlitz Employee Reviews

Acceptable
Various Freelance/ Consulting (Former Employee) –  Remote4 November 2017
It was acceptable to work here although it lacked opportunity to advance and the salary was low, They are up front about everything and honest.I do not have much else to provide as the job was as a remote instructor.
Great work environment
Spanish Instructor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2017
I enjoyed my time as Instructor at Berlitz. You get to know a lot of people, plus the staff is really friendly.
I was a former student of Berlitz after immigrating to Canada.
Pros
Friendly staff and easy access to the office
Cons
Sometimes you don't get scheduled for enough hours.