Berlitz

Berlitz Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place to work
French language teacher (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 22, 2014
the co-workers are very cool, smart, pleasant
berlitz is a good environment to work
i love love that job i meet a lot of people
Great place to work if you are independent
English/French Language Teacher (Current Employee), MarkhamJuly 21, 2014
I love this job. My only complaint would be I don't work enough! The hours are all over the place.
no comments
French Teacher (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 22, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: terrible managment, not enough work hours, environment disaster
i didn't like it, it was a pleasure working with students, but the management was terrible, didn't know how to handle properly their staff, nothing for French teacher,
Excellent working environment
English instructor (Former Employee), CairoApril 1, 2013
Pros: working environment
Cons: salary
A place where I received professional training,developed my skills and acquired excellent experience in human communication.
Flexible workplace with guitars in the staff room
English Instructor (Former Employee), JPEDecember 10, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: few hours in the winter season
A workday at Berlitz usually consisted of arriving, picking up the files of the students to be taught that day, lesson preparation, subsequent lesson delivery while waiting for the next student between classes.

I learned to be flexible and work in an environment where there were teachers from several different countries.

My Instructional Supervisor was very competent and was willing to schedule me around my hours of availability. We aroked well together to solve issues that arose.

My co-workers, coming from all areas of the globe, each brought their own understanding of how everything worked. They were a lot of fun in the staff room as well.

The hardest part of the job was teaching those that did not want to be taught and were only there because their bosses told them to be there.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being with my colleagues. Many of them had interesting personalities.
Hope managment has changed
ESL Instructor (Former Employee), JPDMay 25, 2012
Pros: varied working conditions
Cons: western managers-supervisors
This is for Berlitz Japan. The job itself was good, however; the Western managers we had were terrible. They would do things that would be illegal in our home countries but because we were in Japan, they felt exempt from the law. The Japanese staff were great and honest and were a pleasure to work with.
Excellent Work Environment
English/French Instructor, CSR (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 9, 2012
Pros: flexible schedules, rewarding experience, excellent work environment.
Cons: unreliable hours.
Teaching at Berlitz is a rewarding experience. Teachers arrive before their class, review the student file, and prepare for class. This job has helped me develop excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills. The management is very approachable and does whatever they can to help you. My co-workers are very friendly, and I have become close with a number of them. The hardest part of the job is teaching a student that is taking language training because it is required for their job. Most students are excited to learn a language, but some see it as a waste of time. The challenge in this is to find a way to make the lesson interesting for them while still teaching. The most enjoyable part is seeing the progress that students make and how happy they are about it.

About Berlitz

Benesse Corporation wants to help you live well, from infancy to old age. The diversified company provides products and services – Read more