Berlitz

Berlitz Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Flexible workplace with guitars in the staff room
English Instructor (Former Employee), JPEDecember 10, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: few hours in the winter season
A workday at Berlitz usually consisted of arriving, picking up the files of the students to be taught that day, lesson preparation, subsequent lesson delivery while waiting for the next student between classes.

I learned to be flexible and work in an environment where there were teachers from several different countries.

My Instructional Supervisor – more... was very competent and was willing to schedule me around my hours of availability. We aroked well together to solve issues that arose.

My co-workers, coming from all areas of the globe, each brought their own understanding of how everything worked. They were a lot of fun in the staff room as well.

The hardest part of the job was teaching those that did not want to be taught and were only there because their bosses told them to be there.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being with my colleagues. Many of them had interesting personalities. – less
Hope managment has changed
ESL Instructor (Former Employee), JPDMay 25, 2012
Pros: varied working conditions
Cons: western managers-supervisors
This is for Berlitz Japan. The job itself was good, however; the Western managers we had were terrible. They would do things that would be illegal in our home countries but because we were in Japan, they felt exempt from the law. The Japanese staff were great and honest and were a pleasure to work with.
Excellent Work Environment
English/French Instructor, CSR (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 9, 2012
Pros: flexible schedules, rewarding experience, excellent work environment.
Cons: unreliable hours.
Teaching at Berlitz is a rewarding experience. Teachers arrive before their class, review the student file, and prepare for class. This job has helped me develop excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills. The management is very approachable and does whatever they can to help you. My co-workers are very friendly, and I have become close with – more... a number of them. The hardest part of the job is teaching a student that is taking language training because it is required for their job. Most students are excited to learn a language, but some see it as a waste of time. The challenge in this is to find a way to make the lesson interesting for them while still teaching. The most enjoyable part is seeing the progress that students make and how happy they are about it. – less
Fun Work place
French Instructor (Current Employee), bellevue, WaMarch 11, 2014
I enjoy teaching French to my students. I like to work at berlitz
A very flexible and culturally diverse environment.
English Language Instructor (Current Employee), KanayamaMarch 6, 2014
Berlitz allows its employees to choose their work hours. The company also allows to leave for family events and emergencies.
Working at Berlitz has allowed me to improve on a myriad of skills such as presentation, management and Japanese language skills.
Good, fun job
ESL Teacher and Academic Director (Former Employee), Madrid, SpainFebruary 16, 2014
This was a good, fun place to work. However, at times it was a lot of work for little compensation.
Teacher of Conversational English and Spanish Languages
Language Instructor (Current Employee), Guaynabo, P.R.February 3, 2014
Teach adult professionals English and Spanish languages as a second language.

Intrapersonal and social skills.

No management other than keeping order in class.

All intelligent and highly educated.

Teaching.

Teaching.
It was interesting experience
Berlitz and private Part time Russian teacher (Former Employee), Brighton, ENGFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: everything was okb
The project was short but interesting. I met lovely people because of it.
Interesting and fun place to work!
Spanish Instructor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: meeting people from all walks of life.
Cons: part time, not enough work and no health care.
I absolutely love to work and to have been working at this worldwide language school. I have had the opportunity to meet people from around the globe mainly at the company and people from all walks of life as students. Getting to know these students has been as pleasantly challenging and most interesting to work with each one!
Free-lance, but little mixing with co-workers
Part-time, free (Former Employee), WASHINGTON, DCJanuary 13, 2014
Free-lance work didn't provide me a job culture of being with other employees to share ideas and experiences.
Enjoyable workplace
Language Center Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 3, 2014
Multicultural company, great place to work at, however, they did not offer very good benefits program.
Instructor of English (Former Employee), Brasília, DFDecember 3, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: few work hours
I found while working for Berlitz that marketing and networking are integral parts of keeping any company in Business. Unfortunately the Brasília chapter of Berlitz closed down due to being unprofitable.
It's fun working with good Students
Teacher (Former Employee), ThailandNovember 7, 2013
Pros: vacations are very flexible
Cons: you don't get paid for vacations
It's mostly about meeting new people and teaching them
what they expect learning. It's fun and it's educating
Creative and fun workplace
Japanese Teacher (Current Employee), Luxembourg, L0LOctober 28, 2013
Good management
Friendly your co-workers
I learned how to communicate with others who have different background.
Culturally diverse, great teaching and learning environment.
ESL Instructor (Current Employee), Addison, TXOctober 25, 2013
Pros: part-time position, flexible schedule.
Great company! Offers the opportunity to teach non-English speaking individuals English as a second language and sometimes French. Courses are available in any language. The cultural diversity within the workplace is absolutely wonderful.
A typical day at work
Spanish/English Instructor (Current Employee), Beverly Hills, CAAugust 10, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: low pay for skilled and committed workers
Teach two or three classes a day.

The hard part of the job is that it is part-time and seasonal.
Productive and fun working place
English Instructor (Former Employee), DamascusMay 17, 2013
Productive and fun working place.
Highly equipped classes
Part Time and Unstable. Employees are Expendable. No work culture.
English Language Instructor (Former Employee), Chicago, USA and Paris, FranceApril 26, 2013
No Job Stability
Not a career opportunity - no advancement opportunities
Total lack of work culture / Employees are expendable
Poor compensation
Good Healthy Social, Cultural, and Learning Environment
Sales/ Branch Manager (Current Employee), Karachi, PakistanApril 25, 2013
Its 10:00 a.m in the morning my work at Berlitz Starts right away when I enter my office and there is a Student who is in some kind issue related to course and seeking my help want to discuss with me or there is a customer who was appointed and waiting for me so i came into my Office and greet them and take them along with me into my room.
That's how – more... my day usually starts.
Then i Have more customers line up and appointed for career counseling and that where i have to not just Sell my Courses but also have to understand my customer needs, affordability and availability and then suggest the best options for them.
and yes that's from where i Achieve my targets and generate revenue for my Company.
I m on customer Service every time anybody can st an appointment to meet me or come in to my room directly when i am free other wise leave a message which i have to follow up the Same day.In the mean while i will have to have a small meeting with my Sales Staff and get there review and suggestions or answer there problems.
I have to some time address the Instructors Issues whenever the are forwarded to me and then resolve it or forward it to the Higher management.
Then i have to check my emails and reply to them and also check and update the Sales collection reports and Sales forecast and send it to my Management before ending my day.
Its 09:00 p.m in the evening i am leaving my Office and going to the my Home via my Gym.

I have Learned a lot from Berlitz, What I am today there is a lot of contribution of Berlitz in my Professional Skill Developments.
The Management is understanding in most of the times with having a Great vision for the Organization.
Co-workers are Awesome and there is a strong Bond between us.
Hardest Part of the Job is most Enjoyable as well, where we have to Achieve our Sales Targets and Giving out our best to get closer or achieving our Personal or Branch targets. Its a wonderful feeling to get recognition and Appreciation on you Achievements. – less
great job if it's not your only one
English Language Instructor (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 18, 2013
Pros: great people, flexible work hours
Cons: terrible pay, no guaranteed work schedule, no benefits
If this place is your primary source of income, then you're going to not be able to support yourself at all! I used this place solely for teaching experience. There are no pay incentives, you have no set schedule, and sometimes weeks can pass before you have a class. The people who work there are nice, but I wouldn't recommend working there!

1 2 3

About Berlitz

Benesse Corporation wants to help you live well, from infancy to old age. The diversified company provides products and services – Read more

Berlitz Photos