Berlitz Employee Review

Flexible workplace with guitars in the staff room
English Instructor (Former Employee) –  JPE10 December 2012
A workday at Berlitz usually consisted of arriving, picking up the files of the students to be taught that day, lesson preparation, subsequent lesson delivery while waiting for the next student between classes.

I learned to be flexible and work in an environment where there were teachers from several different countries.

My Instructional Supervisor was very competent and was willing to schedule me around my hours of availability. We aroked well together to solve issues that arose.

My co-workers, coming from all areas of the globe, each brought their own understanding of how everything worked. They were a lot of fun in the staff room as well.

The hardest part of the job was teaching those that did not want to be taught and were only there because their bosses told them to be there.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being with my colleagues. Many of them had interesting personalities.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
few hours in the winter season

Other Berlitz Employee Reviews

Acceptable
Various Freelance/ Consulting (Former Employee) –  Remote4 November 2017
It was acceptable to work here although it lacked opportunity to advance and the salary was low, They are up front about everything and honest.I do not have much else to provide as the job was as a remote instructor.
Great work environment
Spanish Instructor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2017
I enjoyed my time as Instructor at Berlitz. You get to know a lot of people, plus the staff is really friendly.
I was a former student of Berlitz after immigrating to Canada.
Pros
Friendly staff and easy access to the office
Cons
Sometimes you don't get scheduled for enough hours.