There is an immediate opportunity available as a MAINTENANCE FEE CLERK to work out of our Toronto office. This position will be working alongside three clerks responsible for worldwide maintenance/renewal duties for all Bereskin & Parr offices. This position also requires bilingualism in French and English.
- Monitoring due dates and sending reminders to clients as required.
- Ensuring all maintenance fees are paid on time.
- Reading mail/email, prioritizing tasks and taking the appropriate actions.
- Handling the opening and closing of client files, client transfers and new matters.
- Correcting discrepancies of content and completeness of IP record information
- Reviewing pre-bills and supervising the issuance and delivery of bills.
- Updating the database with changes in client contact and address information.
- Filing maintenance fee correspondence and managing patent renewal files.
- Faxing, photocopying and scanning documents and correspondence as needed.
- Where applicable, communicate with French clients as well as translate correspondence.
- Other duties as assigned by Maintenance Fee Supervisor.
- Bilingual: English and French (written and verbal) - REQUIRED
- One to two years of office experience is an asset.
- Computer literate with strong working knowledge of legal software and standard software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) in both English and French including the ability to deal with clients and staff.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to HR@bereskinparr with the subject line "Maintenance Fee Clerk - Bilingual" by Thursday August 29, 2013 at 4:30 p.m.
Indeed - 11 months ago
Bereskin & Parr LLP is a leading Canadian intellectual property (IP) law firm serving clients of all sizes, in a variety of industries,...