BERENDSEN FLUID POWER Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Circus Act
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKOctober 9, 2014
Pros: lunches were nice, as you could leave for an hour. fridays, we'd have a barbecue.
Cons: every other conceivable factor you can think of. the place was a circus, i only wish they had a monkey show.
The only things missing from this job were the three rings and the elephants. Everyday was like a dog & pony show. There were three people (myself included) when I started the job. I had no experience with selling hydraulics, but a week into the job, the inside salesman quit and I was thrust into the position without any idea of what I was doing. They provided little to no training and expected big results from me. A couple of months later, they had finally replaced the inside sales guy, but instead of allowing me to resume my S/R duties, they had me continue inside sales. This was because the fellow they hired to replace the other dude, chose to gossip on the phone all day, rather than assume the duties he was hired for.

The management was a joke. Inside sales had a manager (in Calgary) who would come to town every couple of months for a day or so. He'd hum and haw and mope around talking about soccer and his motorcycle. The manager for outside sales, was an angry fella from Winnipeg, who flew in every couple of weeks, and when he was in the office, it was like living with an alcoholic. You had to walk on egg shells, for fear if he heard you, he'd go off on you. I've never been in a situation, professionally or personally, where a person of significant authority would verbally chastise you on a regular basis.

Overall, this job is a joke and they do have a high volume of turnover, employment-wise. I was "guaranteed" a pay raise after 6 months, which was pushed the the New Year, then pushed to my one year anniversary, and when that failed to come to fruition, I walked.
Exceptionnel
Représentant technique (Former Employee), Saint-Laurent, QCMarch 11, 2013
Pros: dépenses de voyagement, allocation pour véhicule
Représentation, soumission, travail bureau/domicile. Bonne condition de travail.
Aspect difficile, sollicitation