Bento Sushi Employee Reviews

Good work.
Preparation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON4 May 2017
Learned to make sushi and prepare ingredients. The process was hard but ingenious. The skills learned were making sushi, preparation, and display of goods.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Not a great place to work.
Sushi maker (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC15 April 2017
Wasn't great.
Definite language barrier with no desire from management to take the time to attempt to communicate. Quit due to the obvious racial tension from management.
It was a good experience
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON26 March 2017
workplace culture was very good .Finance department was great ...most of them were very friendly and helpful but the worse thing was that they prefer to use free co-op students instead on investing on permanent employee.
Pros
very good environment
Cons
not stable at all
Sometimes visited in the luch room
Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 March 2017
Bento Sushi was just a way to get some money coming in. The culture was non existent, but the other employees were nice toward me. My manager was sometimes easily aggravated, but other than that I did well there and met the given trajectory.
Pros
Short houre
Cons
Too much time on my hands.
Amazing people
Sushi Chef (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 January 2017
I love working for Bento Sushi. It's essentially part time, so it comes with no benefits BUT the pay is good. The hours revolve around how long it takes you to do your work, so you can make the day as short or as long as you need to. Great locations, amazing supervisor, fun people to work with.

I find it cool that I can tell people that I roll and package sushi for a living, even though it gets a little repetitive, it's still fun!

I love my supervisor, she is super open, listens to me and is very understanding.

Could use a few more hours, but again it's a part time job. Hours are split between all the employees, so it's not something you can live off of alone. Hours are super easy to have a flexible second job with though!
Pros
New skills, flexible hours, above minimum wage
Cons
some days are too short, cheques as opposed to direct deposit
Horrible Management
Sushi Chef Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 December 2016
Manager doesn't train you but passes you to her employees (who uses shortcuts to cook). She's very rude and has poor leadership skills. Not recommended for students that aren't trying to become a chef.
Pros
Good coworkers, reasonable mininum wage salary, not too busy
Cons
overall bad management
beside sushi we also make what customer require to make for them in our store
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB / TD square food course23 December 2016
the best part working at Bento Sushi when you got to meet new customer everyday and chatting with them how we make sushi. most of my co-worker are form different country so it fun to work with them and learn about new culture.
Pros
free lunch
fast-paced work environment
Sushi Chef (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 June 2016
As a sushi chef, normally I worked alone in the counter. It is a muti-task job which is really can testify you. At the meantime, you need to finish the daily production task and complete the paperwork. The most important thing is to sell the sushi out. From this job, if you follow every procedure, you would be able to be a good chef and sales.
Pros
flexible work time due to business
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  markham10 August 2014
poor management
good benefit
lack or support for worker
talk big work small
Productive fast past work environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmong BC25 March 2013
Fast paste working environment, I had to be able to work indepantly at time, the people I worked with all had a good sense of work ethic and humour. The hardest part of the job was the work load, at times we had to do the work of three people alone. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping others sorting out problems and investigating errors.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay