Bento Sushi is Canada’s largest sushi company. Established in 1996, we have over 360 locations across Canada as well as restaurants in the heart of Manhattan, New York. Our sushi bars can be found in all leading grocery chains, office towers, shopping malls, colleges and universities. We bring together a dynamic team of people with diverse backgrounds, experience and talent. Together we create exceptional guest experience serving handcrafted sushi each and every day. For more information, please visit our website at www.bentosushi.com
The Production Manager is responsible for overseeing all operations of production to ensure all duties are carried out safety and efficiently.
- Purchase material inventory for the operation.
- Create labour, production and distribution schedules.
- Hire, train and manage the performance of the team.
- Provide hands on experience in day to day operations
- Manage special projects and ad-hoc reports as requested.
- Ensure safety and overall compliance with Workplace Safety and Health Act.
- Ensure all materials used in the facility are according to the company’s standards.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a supervisory role in the Food Service Industry.
- The ability to optimize and use initiative on a daily and ongoing basis to execute production schedules through the use of planning, organizing and the controlling of resources.
- Have strong communication skills in both oral and written English with an understanding of Mandarin an asset.
- Knowledge of food safety standards, HACCP plant experience an asset.
- Be proficient with MS Office programs.
- The ability to manage temperature controlled products.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Leadership skills to manage a small food processing facility.
- Experience in managing, motivating and directing a team.
Indeed - 20 months ago