Bentley Employee Reviews in Canada

Growing experience
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ONMarch 16, 2016
Very easy to adapt to the environment. Great for those who are looking for a first-time job or a casual part-time/full-time job. When I used to work for the company years ago, I had great co-workers to help me out and show me the ropes. I was even managing a small location on my own most days after half a year of working within in the company. It was my first retail job and I quite enjoyed my days there.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Sometimes dead days
Great experience, enjoyable work environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2016
This was my first actual job aside from having worked at my parent's retail business for a couple years. Just recently we had a change of management but everyone I worked with now and before had been easy to get along with and was able to work well together to strive to achieve our store budget and further make our workplace an area customers can freely walk into knowing we are there to help if needed.

I've learned many things from joining my team. I've gained a lot more confidence in speaking to others, improved on my customer service skills, learned how to set budgets and achieve them, and always aim for better,

This has no doubt taught me a lot but I am always open to experiencing new things and hoping to achieve better.
Fun place to work at with many pros.
retail sales associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 12, 2016
Responsible for upselling and reaching and IPT goal.
Responsible for keeping customers happy providing good customer service.
Responsible for dropping deposits at the bank.
Responsible for opening/closing store.
Favorite part of the job for me was just interacting with customers in a good environment really helped me gain many skills.
Pros
In a mall, Good employees
Cons
long hours, stressful
No comment
full time assistant manager (Former Employee) –  EdmontonAugust 7, 2015
I do not wish to share any information regarding the low scoring.
I had a bad personal experience with this particular company, and would not recommend it.
Excellet customer service
Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls NBJune 24, 2015
Come in to work everyday ready to serve with a smile and to meet company budget sales.
I've learned great team building skills and an impeccable costumer service.
I was the manager here and my co-workers were amazing workers and great with customers.
The hardest part of the job was having to let an employee go.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to interact with potential customers.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Store closure
Nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NSFebruary 21, 2015
I enjoyed working at Bentley. I worked well with the other employees. There was room to advance in the company and we were able to work independently. I liked helping customers find what they were looking for.
co workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 25, 2014
coworkers were great to work with and helpful if needed. If needed help with anything from main store were willing to help.
Pros
experience
Cons
shortterm
Definitely not worth it
Caissière, Commis de Planche (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QcAugust 21, 2014
I worked there for more then a month and still did not master the program because no one would train me. Manager would sometimes disappear in the back for her whole shift leaving me completely alone and would get angry at me if I would come in the back to ask her a question. The store had a huge lack of teamwork some tried to steal sales off of me (even though we don't get commission).
Interesting company, but make sure you've got something else to fall back on.
Senior Government Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, OntarioJuly 28, 2014
The company seems to be ruled by the legal department. Individual sales , even as small as $3000.00 have to be vetted by the legal department slowing the purchase down by weeks. And business decisions in sales remove entire verticals instead of trying to manage around them.
Pros
good people
Cons
legal instead of business decisions
Quiet yet productive
Cashier/Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, ABJuly 16, 2014
On a day to day basis it is usually pretty quiet. Some days it was steady. Typical day includes the use of P.O.S. system, handling debit/ credit, cash. Knowledge on how to do returns as well. Management is fair with hours and scheduling.
Fun workplace providing luggage and handbags to customers.
Key Holder & Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 6, 2014
I normally sell merchandise such as handbags, luggage, garment bags, wallets, travel accessories, backpacks, and umbrellas. I also have to constantly stuff bags and make sure that displays are neat and filled. In order to feature the newest collection at the time I always follow VP guides.

Aside from selling and providing great customer service, I have responsibilities to keep the store floor clean and the backroom organized.

I learned how to read customers physical and verbal signs of buying more effectively, and I can suggest merchandise accordingly. As a result, I am better at communicating with customers to satisfy their needs.

The management daily tasks are easy to carry out because we have a planner and daily memos to read. The hardest part of the job is to convince the customer to buy extra accessories when they only want to purchase one thing. Sometimes customers become frustrated and feel pressured. This is why there is a fine line between suggesting merchandise within the customers comfort level, and making them feel rushed or confused.

Finally, the most enjoyable part of my job is when I help find customers find exactly what they are looking for, whether it may be the clutch for their prom, or the matching wallet for their summer purse. Regardless, it feels great to make the customer happy and feel confident in what they purchase.
Pros
great working envrionment
Cons
slow hours
Great First Job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  EdmontonMarch 11, 2014
Real simple work, sell product, stock product repeat. you learn the basic skills needed for retail and still have a relaxed work environment. management fluctuates and managers are constantly moving stores, each with a new way of doing things making it hard on existing staff to get used to. Co-workers are a dime a dozen some people are lucky to stay a week while others stay for years. the hardest part f the job is dealing with customer demand at peak points in the year, I reference back to school time mostly, parents frantically trying to get things at the last minute and all you and your co worker can do is un-stuff and scan in items. the enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet customers, co-workers, other people in the mall makes it great for beginners.
Pros
can work around school hours, multiple locations, usually in a mall
Cons
busy, chaotic, lots of product, threat of theft
was a slow easy place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 19, 2013
most enjoyable place of this job would be its not so busy and was a fun job to do
Small town, small mall, small store
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ONNovember 19, 2013
Bentley isn't all that bad. They're fair and run equal to the pack as far as retail stores go.
the camp and people were very good to work with.
bartender, waitress (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 3, 2013
we had a very good core group of people in the camp from the workers to the clients.
Pros
it was a live in job
Cons
away from home to much for me.
Retail
Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ONSeptember 23, 2012
Bentley is a pretty good place to work, my co-workers are fantastic and everyone gets along great. Our District Manager is awesome and does whatever she can to assist all employees to the best of her ability.
agreable
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Dollard-Des Ormeaux, QCJune 22, 2016
la plupart du temps quand il n'y avait pas grand monde dans le magasin certains clients habituelles adorent faire la conversation.
mes collègues étaient des personne très agréable avec qui le travail ne semblait pas vraiment à un travail mais plus à une grande famille, la plupart du temps.
L'aspect le plus agréable de mon poste
Associée à la vente (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 27, 2014
L'esprit d'équipe du groupe avec lequel je travaillais et l'ambiance de travail