Bentley

Bentley Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Definitely not worth it
Caissière, Commis de Planche (Former Employee), Montreal, QcAugust 21, 2014
I worked there for more then a month and still did not master the program because no one would train me. Manager would sometimes disappear in the back for her whole shift leaving me completely alone and would get angry at me if I would come in the back to ask her a question. The store had a huge lack of teamwork some tried to steal sales off of me (even – more... though we don't get commission). – less
Interesting company, but make sure you've got something else to fall back on.
Senior Government Account Executive (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioJuly 28, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: legal instead of business decisions
The company seems to be ruled by the legal department. Individual sales , even as small as $3000.00 have to be vetted by the legal department slowing the purchase down by weeks. And business decisions in sales remove entire verticals instead of trying to manage around them.
Quiet yet productive
Cashier/Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), St. Albert, ABJuly 16, 2014
On a day to day basis it is usually pretty quiet. Some days it was steady. Typical day includes the use of P.O.S. system, handling debit/ credit, cash. Knowledge on how to do returns as well. Management is fair with hours and scheduling.
Fun workplace providing luggage and handbags to customers.
Key Holder & Sales Associate (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 6, 2014
Pros: great working envrionment
Cons: slow hours
I normally sell merchandise such as handbags, luggage, garment bags, wallets, travel accessories, backpacks, and umbrellas. I also have to constantly stuff bags and make sure that displays are neat and filled. In order to feature the newest collection at the time I always follow VP guides.

Aside from selling and providing great customer service, I – more... have responsibilities to keep the store floor clean and the backroom organized.

I learned how to read customers physical and verbal signs of buying more effectively, and I can suggest merchandise accordingly. As a result, I am better at communicating with customers to satisfy their needs.

The management daily tasks are easy to carry out because we have a planner and daily memos to read. The hardest part of the job is to convince the customer to buy extra accessories when they only want to purchase one thing. Sometimes customers become frustrated and feel pressured. This is why there is a fine line between suggesting merchandise within the customers comfort level, and making them feel rushed or confused.

Finally, the most enjoyable part of my job is when I help find customers find exactly what they are looking for, whether it may be the clutch for their prom, or the matching wallet for their summer purse. Regardless, it feels great to make the customer happy and feel confident in what they purchase. – less
Great First Job
Sales associate (Former Employee), EdmontonMarch 11, 2014
Pros: can work around school hours, multiple locations, usually in a mall
Cons: busy, chaotic, lots of product, threat of theft
Real simple work, sell product, stock product repeat. you learn the basic skills needed for retail and still have a relaxed work environment. management fluctuates and managers are constantly moving stores, each with a new way of doing things making it hard on existing staff to get used to. Co-workers are a dime a dozen some people are lucky to stay – more... a week while others stay for years. the hardest part f the job is dealing with customer demand at peak points in the year, I reference back to school time mostly, parents frantically trying to get things at the last minute and all you and your co worker can do is un-stuff and scan in items. the enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet customers, co-workers, other people in the mall makes it great for beginners. – less
was a slow easy place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 19, 2013
most enjoyable place of this job would be its not so busy and was a fun job to do
Small town, small mall, small store
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pembroke, ONNovember 19, 2013
Bentley isn't all that bad. They're fair and run equal to the pack as far as retail stores go.
the camp and people were very good to work with.
bartender, waitress (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 3, 2013
Pros: it was a live in job
Cons: away from home to much for me.
we had a very good core group of people in the camp from the workers to the clients.
Retail
Manager (Current Employee), Huntsville, ONSeptember 23, 2012
Bentley is a pretty good place to work, my co-workers are fantastic and everyone gets along great. Our District Manager is awesome and does whatever she can to assist all employees to the best of her ability.
L'aspect le plus agréable de mon poste
Associée à la vente (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 27, 2014
L'esprit d'équipe du groupe avec lequel je travaillais et l'ambiance de travail