Bentley Leathers Employee Reviews

Very challenging job. Co-workers are very nice and hardworking too.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador10 March 2017
I love and missed my position as a Manager at Bentley. I love my job as the head of the store, what to decide on what work needs to be done, organizes, select people to accomplish every tasks given , creating and motivating a team through effective communication. I love deciding through suggestions from the employees on how to put new product display and how the products will be creatively and effectively visualized by customers.And most of all I love interacting with my customers answering their questions and helping them to give the benefits and great feature of any products that they want in the store.
Pros
Good discount on all the products
Cons
cannot return and refund final discounted sale products.
Lacking trained management and professionalism to handle serious matters.
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 October 2016
Management ignores your concerns, and doesn't solve serious matters appropriately.
If you're bullied or talked down to unprofessionally by a manager they get away with it. It is NOT taken seriously when brought to human resources attention.
You're told to deal with it yourself...
Want a raise? Sure, once minimum wage goes up.
This is not a team player based environment, you're expected to compete against your Co workers for best sales.
As keyholders and managers, you don't get paid nearly enough for the responsibilities you have. And if you even consider getting a second job to make ends meet, kiss your title good bye.
Unless your a manager or assistant then you won't get hours.
Nothing but drama drama drama.

Overall , this was the worst job I've had and for anyone considering working here, don't waste your time and effort.
Pros
Great job to use as a stepping stone. But not somewhere to work the rest of your life.
Cons
Unless your a manager or assistant expect to not have many hours.
chill, nice coworkers
Sales Associate (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2017
we sell luggage's, customer services, selling handbags and backpack, management is good too, the workplace is nice can be busy during summer- getting back to school, Christmas. I guess for the hardest part of the job would be dealing with customers who are not understanding of what you're trying to tell them.
benefits
Cons
giving less hours
Isn't too bad.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB25 July 2016
Decent place. Kind of quiet, I prefer fast paced and busy.
Pay is really bad, no commission.
Company management could use some work.
Pros
Flexbile schedules
Cons
No room for advancement, bad wages, no raises.
Strong Team at Bentley Leathers
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 December 2016
A typical day starts with opening and organizing the store then checking our daily emails online for any current changes from HQ, such as new featured displays, price changes and and any other new protocols.
during the work day I serve and assist customers, answer the phone, and maintain inventory.
Closing duties include cleaning the store, storing merchandise, sending daily reports of sales and budget to HQ electronically and completing deposit slips.

I enjoy working with everyone at my location and my manager is wonderful, very motivating and friendly.
Pros
I can take my lunch break whenever keeping in mind of my coworkers and busy peek times.
Incredibly bad management
Assistante gérante (Former Employee) –  St.-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC13 February 2017
Worst work experience of my career. Unfair, unclear, unprofessional manager with personal problems. Should not work with clientele and mostly should not be managing employees.
Decent for retail, bad HO, difficult schedule
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 September 2016
Working at Bentley can have its good and bad days. HO doesn't communicate well with stores. Coworkers can be great and the days aren't that difficult, just sometimes too long if mangers make a habit of leaving early. You don't usually know your schedule till the week of and it's difficult to get management to listen sometimes to problems with signage, etc.
Pros
experience, coworkers are great
Cons
no job progress, not enough responsibility
Demanding and Competitive, but with Great People
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2016
We have sales goals that we have to reach, so this type of work naturally draws in more competitive people. They're great people inside and outside of work. While we may embellish, employees are honest and frank with customers. Managers have top down pressure, but it's not personal. The DMs are breathing down their necks and it gets passed on to sales staff. It's all stress at times. Sales goals are sometimes out of reach given the traffic in the store, so managers will normally keep us busy cleaning and organizing in order to help pass the time and to keep the store in good order. Overall, it's a retail job that has demands. If you can keep up, fantastic! If you're just looking for easy work for the summer, it's not a place to consider.
Pros
great coworkers, lots to learn
Cons
sales goals, pressure to sell, few advancement opportunities
Management was terrible
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 January 2017
Did not enjoy or felt comfortable working at Bentley Leathers. Working with various ages, I found there to be a lot of gossip and immaturity among my colleagues and the management team.
worst place to work
sales associate and cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 October 2016
management was horrible with unreal expectations of employees. I would never work there again. my co-workers were lazy and would leave most of the work for the weekend, which is when I worked. I would often have to work my whole shift alone and wasn't able to do some of the tasks given to me because I would have to get on a high latter and someone would have to spot me.
Cons
little to no hours
customer orientated
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK12 October 2016
A typical day is either hit or miss with high volume of traffic coming into the store. I learned that airlines do not treat luggage very great. My co-workers are amazing women. The hardest part of the job is finding something to do when its extremely slow for traffic. The most enjoyable part of the job are the stories customers tell you about their travels.
Pros
its in the mall so you can do some shopping while on break
Cons
its an old people mall not very many youngsters come in to shop.
Overall great place to work, gain experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2017
I enjoyed working here, everyone was great. The location I was in was a busy one and everyone is very friendly and welcoming.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Up-selling
high intensity
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC2 March 2017
Very busy work environment. Amazing suppliers. Loved looking at the future products. Learned many things in the accounting department that I have kept in my mind after all these years.
ok to work there
Gérante adjointe (Former Employee) –  Saint-basile, QC6 August 2016
I was only there until I could find something better. There was no way for advancement, and not many challenges, so at some point it was a very boring job.
Pros
working with customers
Cons
no advancement
Lots of work - Great team spirit
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2016
Bentley was an enjoyable place to work. Head office has been restructured and long time staff have been replaced. My time there was enjoyed - I made great friends in the time I was with the company.
Pros
Trips to Montreal
Cons
Not enough pay for the work
Great people.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK17 September 2016
I enjoyed working with the customers. Helping them find what they are looking for. Retail is a postive environment to work in. You build bonds with new and existing customers. Learn alot about products from the store and the customers. Enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Good scedule
Cons
Part time hours
Safe Environment
Troisième clé, caissière & vendeuse (Current Employee) –  Mirabel, QC22 April 2016
A typical day at work will be to help clients with what thy are looking for, give advice on the products, organize and place the store, and do the cash register.

At this job I learned that working hard and persevering will give up results. The management at this job could be improved, but it's it the process of doing that. The co-workers here are great. We all work well together and its a fun team to work with. The hardest part of job is to please all the clients. It is very hard to please all the clients even if you try your best. \The part I enjoy the most about the job is the fact of helping people find what they need and interacting with the public.
Learned a lot about dealing with customers, management lacked professionalism
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2016
How busy you were all depended on how busy it was. Having great co-workers always made it fun. Did not like the way management ran things, feel like several situations couldve been dealt with more professionalism. Excluding the management, i mostly did enjoy my time there. I feel i learned a lot about actually making a sale and how to find the right product for the customer.
only care about bottom line
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 August 2016
this company does not care about their store employees. I DM did not like me and did all she could to make it so I did not work for this company. As for working within the store I feel I did well and stepped up whenever it was needed. I wanted to do well in my job.
Pros
other people on the store team
Cons
individual person not valued
Ok place to work part time, not full time
Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 April 2014
Typical day was spent mostly alone, at least 4 hours, in that time frame, the store would get busy around lunch, and with that came stock which had to be done and then put out..then the other person would come in and then I would go on break. When I would come back from break, the other associate would then go on break. When that associate came back it was usually time to go home. The co-workers were awesome to work with.
Pros
Merchandising, stock, customers
Cons
Working every saturday, low pay, benefits were not great, working alone for 4-5 hours, lack of district manager, lack of store hours, lack of training

2.3