Bentley Leathers Employee Reviews

good experience
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Severn, ON22 June 2017
I was only hired as a seasonal customer service rep. it was a great way to gain customer experience and to get to know new people. it was my first job and it was a good one.
Work place
Sales Associate, customer service representation (Former Employee) –  Nelson, BC17 June 2017
Bentley Leathers gave me the opportunity to interact on a personal basis with customers. I have developed long term relationships that continue to this day The management was weak in that we had no control over stock situations
Should have read more reviews before agreeing to work here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alberta13 June 2017
I have never worked for such a company before in my whole career. I was hired as a part-time to a store that had no manager. I had little training. Expected to work every weekend, do management stuff like train new staff and paperwork but make the same as everyone else and sell sell sell. No support from management. Long hours without breaks.
If you want to be overworked, underpaid (minimum wage) AND under appreciated, by all means, get a job here.
Only perks were I met nice coworkers and discount.
Pros
Staff discount, decent coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Great company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS11 June 2017
The company was always friendly and supportive. I loved my manager and my assistant manager. They are great to work for, and I always felt part of the team and that my work and effort was always appreciated.
bien
Assistante aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Rouyn-Noranda, QC11 June 2017
jai ete seulement quel ques semaine s temps partiel et ensuite je suis tomber a temps plein car notre gerante a ete en arret de travail , alors j'ai eu a apprendre plusieurs taches je suis tres fier d'avoir relever ce defi !!!
Pros
Le personne nous avions une très belle complicite et tout ce que j'ai pu apprendre de ce travail
Wonderful workplace with excellent discounts and cooperative employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON7 June 2017
This was one of my favourite places to work. I gained a lot of experience not only working in a new place but also getting to know new people and learning a better way to helping people buy and fulfill their needs. My manager and assistant manager were very helpful and were always willing to teach me new things, in order for me to advance at my workplace.
Pros
good amount of hours even though I worked part time
A Canadian based company with thousands of united employees of all races, creeds, and kinds. Very charitable, and focussed on being the best!!
Manager, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 May 2017
A wonderful fast-paced retail environment, where everyday is a new challenge and opportunity to grow.

A large company that still encourages multi-culturalism, and not only recognizes the consumers needs but also the needs of their employees.
Pros
Flexible hours...and loads of opportunities to grown within the Company.
Cons
Vacation Blackouts for all staff during peak season...Back to School, Black Friday, Christmas
Shaking my head..
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS11 May 2017
I worked for this company for quite a few months. The experience and learning to sell items was a great learning curve. The hours were also bountiful. Coworkers were great to work with. However...

The management and environment was the worst I've ever experienced in any of my careers. I was not comfortable having to provoke people to sell things, and even when I tried, the pressure was still extremely difficult to do so, I felt I wasn't rewarded for my previous actions. This company should not be a "commission-esque" job. You can not force people to buy things they don't want and because of that... Many people hate the store.

Management was rude. I was expected never to push a customer towards management because I was told "they'll come back angry and I don't want to deal with that." If you're management you should allow customers to be angry and deal with them professionally, not tell your associates they have to deal with the harassment. Most people wanted to speak with management and I had no control over that.
Aside from that people came and left within a week constantly. It was ridiculous the amount of people who got hired, worked a shift and left. Though after awhile, I understood.
My final straw (among numerous) was when I was belittled for applying to other jobs. I stayed during a busy time (a whole month) to be polite. When management found out I had been applying to other jobs (assuming neighboring stores were gossiping) I was ignorantly approached by our manager saying "you didn't tell me you were applying for other jobs." In all my life, I've never heard
  more... of having to give any form of notice when applying to other jobs. I felt attacked simply for looking to better my employment (and mental health at that point) and at that time I hadn't even been contacted for another job. It was a day or two later that manangement got "snippy" for simply handing out resumes.

Long story short, I don't think twice of ever working for the company again, let alone my friends/family and I doubt I'll ever shop there again.
Pros
Good coworkers, good hours for a key holder.
Cons
Management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB1 May 2017
For the most part it was a wonderful job with a good atmosphere. There was some room for growth. Different managing could have been applied in store. District manager was very helpful and understanding.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Only part time
great learning experience
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 April 2017
I learned a lot about myself and others in customer service skills and product knowledge while working at Bentley. Management helped me with tips in order to remember each and every product. The people were nice and easy to get along with. I enjoyed helping customers find exactly what they needed.The hardest part was to break up the boxes and take them to the trash.

Want to know more about Bentley Leathers?

Ask a question
Miserable work environment
Executive & Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC24 April 2017
Employees were paid minimum wage and expected to work overtime without compensation. Owner and ceo was not approachable. The Executive Secretary was a basket case.
Pros
Cons
everything
Not too shabby.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 April 2017
I got long hours per day, and got a bunch of work done. It was important to remember which was the top selling brands and the perks and downfalls of some of the item. If we didn't have something in stock, we'd have to call other stores to request a item put on hold.
Pros
50% off everything.
Cons
Management disappointing.
Very good
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON31 March 2017
Excellent team of talented and hard working people. Hours that allow for a home life. Many contests and activities to keep staff and management motivated. Excellent employee discounts.
sales
Key Holder/ Sales Person (Current Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC25 March 2017
Greeting customer; selling mechanize; hardest part is to stay motivated at slow times. I enjoy meeting new people.
what have learnt is to up selling; how to interact with public.
Pros
experience of opening a brand new store
Cons
Not enough hours
Very challenging job. Co-workers are very nice and hardworking too.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador10 March 2017
I love and missed my position as a Manager at Bentley. I love my job as the head of the store, what to decide on what work needs to be done, organizes, select people to accomplish every tasks given , creating and motivating a team through effective communication. I love deciding through suggestions from the employees on how to put new product display and how the products will be creatively and effectively visualized by customers.And most of all I love interacting with my customers answering their questions and helping them to give the benefits and great feature of any products that they want in the store.
Pros
Good discount on all the products
Cons
cannot return and refund final discounted sale products.
Flexible Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 March 2017
Offers little full-time work opportunity but good place for those new to retail. No commission which brings security but also offers little opportunity for growth
high intensity
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC2 March 2017
Very busy work environment. Amazing suppliers. Loved looking at the future products. Learned many things in the accounting department that I have kept in my mind after all these years.
Incredibly bad management
Assistante gérante (Former Employee) –  St.-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC13 February 2017
Worst work experience of my career. Unfair, unclear, unprofessional manager with personal problems. Should not work with clientele and mostly should not be managing employees.
Overall great place to work, gain experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2017
I enjoyed working here, everyone was great. The location I was in was a busy one and everyone is very friendly and welcoming.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Up-selling
Awesome place of work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC2 February 2017
Bentley was a great place to work. Great management and very flexible. I learnt a lot about customer service and other great things to give me experience for further work opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bentley Leathers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6