Bentley Leathers

Bentley Leathers Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Bentely Leathers Inc.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), SaskatoonJune 10, 2015
A typical day at work is selling to customers and building relationships with them. From my time at Bentley I have learned how to train people, prepare budget sheets, scheduling, payroll, and a variety of different small tasks. Working at Bentley, I have grown my work relationships with my manager and co-worker, and they are now some very good friends. The hardest part of the job for me is not being able to help everyone out, regardless if it is an employee or a customer, I will do anything before I tell them that I cannot help them. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know new people from my co-workers to customers. I have gained a huge amount of new friendships.
It was very basic.
Full Time Store Manager and Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Albert, ABJune 9, 2015
This job did not require you to have a lot of formal training. It was really straight forward. Once you start selling, you get used to all the products.
Great
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), oNTARIOJune 5, 2015
Great place to work, co-workers are great, bonuses, vacation, contests, customer service environment
Achieve budgets
Organizational Behavior
Managers are great
Love it!
Encouraging
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brantford, ONMay 4, 2015
Pros: Absolutely stress free and fun
Cons: Being indoors
I work closely with the Manager and Assistant Manager as 3rd in command. I am in charge of completing the store visuals sent from Head Office, but mainly focusing on customer service and relationships making sure they leave the store with everything they came in for and leaving them satisfied and happy, willing to return. I enjoy going to work everyday to a stress free, encouraging environment that has taught me a lot to share.
Repetitive,
Part time in charge (Current Employee), HamiltonFebruary 26, 2015
Cons: basically everything.
Perfectly fine for anyone looking for a minimum wage paying part-time job. I would never recommend working here full time or for a long time.
It was like working in a fish bowl , you can see anyone from miles away
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: meeting different people
Cons: no hours
Costumer service can be a hassle but most days you meet tremendous people with great stories to tell. There's always something new and fascinating to learn when dealing with different types of people on a daily basics.
good experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: friendships
Cons: bad wages
No good
I dislike working with this company they give you bad wage and its polices are silly. The only thing I like about the compnay is the friendhips I have made.
Always very busy.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 31, 2014
Pros: lots of hours.
Cons: commute.
I would handle cash, serve customers. Clean the washrooms and dining area.

People were nice in the work place.

It was very fast paced, and sometimes really stressful.

Served a lot of regular customers and built a relationship with them.
Enjoyable
Head cashier/key holder (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 7, 2014
The management there was great! They always made for an amazing day. The pay was decent for being in mall and the hours were very flexible..
Very open and challenging environment to learn from
Manager (Current Employee), CalgaryNovember 4, 2014
the most enjoyable part of my job here is my co-workers and the customers
Fast-paced,Highly charged atmosphere
Store Manager (Current Employee), British ColumbiaOctober 31, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: constantly changing job description...very challenging to keep up
At Bentley I learned to become a better associate/manager.The most difficult part of my job was the constant changes,it was challenging to lead my team with an ever changing job description. The best part of the job was my co-workers-very professional,caring people who want the best for you.
This company is one of the worst employers
manager (Former Employee), bcSeptember 30, 2014
Cons: everything
This companies Blanton disregard for there employees and there hard work is just disgusting I would not wish this kind of work environment on anyone
Ok place to work part time, not full time
Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 4, 2014
Pros: merchandising, stock, customers
Cons: working every saturday, low pay, benefits were not great, working alone for 4-5 hours, lack of district manager, lack of store hours, lack of training
Typical day was spent mostly alone, at least 4 hours, in that time frame, the store would get busy around lunch, and with that came stock which had to be done and then put out..then the other person would come in and then I would go on break. When I would come back from break, the other associate would then go on break. When that associate came back it was usually time to go home. The co-workers were awesome to work with.
great people, alot of information, sales
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee), New Sudbury CenterMarch 16, 2014
Pros: 50% off regular pricesses and 25% off sale
Cons: not enough hours and negative enviroment
not a lot of staff but we are always at least two people working. I started with receiving, then worked floor for customer service, worked cash and we do sale for sale. we always have new promotions and sales, we must great every customer that walks in in at least 5 seconds of their entry. we have books with all the information's on luggage and other products so that the customers are properly informed.
Productive and fun place to sell luggages
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, BCOctober 29, 2013
Pros: clean store
Cons: not enough hours
- merchandising new products
- customer service
- cash register
- cleaning and closing store at the end of shift
A varied,fast-paced challenging environment
Store Manager - Haney Place Mall (Current Employee), Maple Ridge, B.C.October 11, 2013
Pros: room to advance if your willing to work hard
Cons: i like too much of their merchandise and wish i could buy more purses...lol
There is no "typical" day at Bentley. Each day brings it's own unique challenges-such as visual changes,new sales promos,deadlines and trying to help a customer track down the perfect suitcase-and having to search every store in B.C! I have learned how to think on my feet,assess a situation and make a decision with confidence.I have also learned the value of listening-to my staff as well as to customers. I feel I learn interesting things from many sources.My co-workers are a vital part of my daily schedule,I am fortunate in that I have a good support from all levels.The hardest part of my job would be finding new,interesting ways to keep the staff motivated during peak seasons. I find keeping focus,having an action plan as well as keeping your sense of humor are key.The most enjoyable part of my job is that even though the basics stay the same day-to-day, there is enough variety and challenge to stimulate and encourage me to go "above and beyond" my goals.
felt unappreciated at all times
Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, AB and burnaby bcSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: great customers
Cons: dsm getting mad at me for not going for smoke breaks with her when i don't smoke
in my first store in Calgary I felt appreciated and when I was transferred to Burnaby I started feeling like I was being taken advantage of
Fast workplace environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 9, 2013
Pros: long lunch breaks on anything over 5 & half hours
Cons: working by myself, short shifts, not enough shifts
A typical day at work would include, greeting customers, assisting in any way, helping make decisions for customers about products, recieving stock, putting away stock, markdowns, cashing out customers using POS system.
I've learned a lot about customer service through Bentley & what a difference it makes on people. Having re-peat customers come back just because they thoroughly enjoyed the shopping experience with me or another co-worker.
Management is good.
Co-Workers are great.
The hardest part of the job would be working by myself all the time, I dont feel that there are enough staff scheduled all the time.
The most enjoyable part about my job is my co-workers.
Good retail job.
Cashier and Retail Sales (Former Employee), WinnipegMay 28, 2013
Enjoyable place to work, typical retail responsibilities. Good place to start in sales. Management is fair, and co-workers are nice.
Really great starter job!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 7, 2013
Bentley's is a great place for individuals looking for a first time job. The airport locations have impeccable ease and comfort in the workplace. You learn a lot of customer service skills and a lot of basic skills necessary for the working world.