Bentley Leathers Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A varied,fast-paced challenging environment
Store Manager - Haney Place Mall (Current Employee), Maple Ridge, B.C.October 11, 2013
Pros: room to advance if your willing to work hard
Cons: i like too much of their merchandise and wish i could buy more purses...lol
There is no "typical" day at Bentley. Each day brings it's own unique challenges-such as visual changes,new sales promos,deadlines and trying to help a customer track down the perfect suitcase-and having to search every store in B.C! I have learned how to think on my feet,assess a situation and make a decision with confidence.I have also learned the value of listening-to my staff as well as to customers. I feel I learn interesting things from many sources.My co-workers are a vital part of my daily schedule,I am fortunate in that I have a good support from all levels.The hardest part of my job would be finding new,interesting ways to keep the staff motivated during peak seasons. I find keeping focus,having an action plan as well as keeping your sense of humor are key.The most enjoyable part of my job is that even though the basics stay the same day-to-day, there is enough variety and challenge to stimulate and encourage me to go "above and beyond" my goals.
Fast workplace environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 9, 2013
Pros: long lunch breaks on anything over 5 & half hours
Cons: working by myself, short shifts, not enough shifts
A typical day at work would include, greeting customers, assisting in any way, helping make decisions for customers about products, recieving stock, putting away stock, markdowns, cashing out customers using POS system.
I've learned a lot about customer service through Bentley & what a difference it makes on people. Having re-peat customers come back just because they thoroughly enjoyed the shopping experience with me or another co-worker.
Management is good.
Co-Workers are great.
The hardest part of the job would be working by myself all the time, I dont feel that there are enough staff scheduled all the time.
The most enjoyable part about my job is my co-workers.
Productive environment with poor management
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: Worked with friends
Cons: Meeting a ridiculously high budget for the day
TYPICAL DAY AT WORK:
-Assisting customers making decisions regarding a product
-Processing payments
-Receiving and organizing stock

WHAT YOU LEARNED:
-Maintaining product knowledge of the range of products available in the store
-Effective sales techniques
-Efficient customer service

MANAGEMENT:
-Really focused on the selling aspect of the store but completely forgot to maintain a healthy relationship with all their employees
-Pressure was often placed on employees who aren't selling which caused many co-workers to leave the job

YOUR COWORKERS:
-Productive environment
-Enjoyed working with everyone, maintained healthy relationships

HARDEST PART OF THE JOB:
-Meeting the store budget on a quiet day

MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB:
-Communicating with a range of customers who have plenty of stories to share with you
Bentely Leathers Inc.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), SaskatoonJune 10, 2015
A typical day at work is selling to customers and building relationships with them. From my time at Bentley I have learned how to train people, prepare budget sheets, scheduling, payroll, and a variety of different small tasks. Working at Bentley, I have grown my work relationships with my manager and co-worker, and they are now some very good friends. The hardest part of the job for me is not being able to help everyone out, regardless if it is an employee or a customer, I will do anything before I tell them that I cannot help them. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know new people from my co-workers to customers. I have gained a huge amount of new friendships.
Ok place to work part time, not full time
Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 4, 2014
Pros: merchandising, stock, customers
Cons: working every saturday, low pay, benefits were not great, working alone for 4-5 hours, lack of district manager, lack of store hours, lack of training
Typical day was spent mostly alone, at least 4 hours, in that time frame, the store would get busy around lunch, and with that came stock which had to be done and then put out..then the other person would come in and then I would go on break. When I would come back from break, the other associate would then go on break. When that associate came back it was usually time to go home. The co-workers were awesome to work with.
Pasitive work place
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: able to do what i feel needs to be done.
Cons: working alone most of the time.
I like working with the pablic. I get along with people well. I sell merchendice, explain worantiys, do refunds, use the cash and make daily deposits. I em very reliable and will em willing to come in anyday, if not already at work. I work at all the Bentley stores in Sudbury and em willing to take on more work. My coworkers feel like family and like learning new things from them. Thank you for your time.
Great work environment
Retail/Cashier (Former Employee), St. CatharinesJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: enjoybale work place
Cons: sometimes slow days
I learnt the steps involved in working in sales and dealing with customers as well as the company policies. I learnt extensively about how to treat customers and what the standards of a sale were; approaching customers, talking with customers, determining their needs, satisfying their needs and finishing the sale and thanking them for their purchases. I also learnt how to operate a cash register. The work place was enjoyable, all of my fellow coworkers were great to work with and easy to get along with. My manager was very nice, personable and taught me a lot about retail positions.
Workplace was fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 1, 2012
Pros: good management. hour long breaks
Cons: stressful at times
I enjoyed working at Bentley. I was a key holder which gave me more responsabilities. I was a sales associate and when management was not there I was in charge. My manager was great, she always did nice things for her enployees and she always payed attention to our needs and made sure we could balance work and our personal life. Being a third key holder was stressful at times but if I had any questions or needed help with anything my manager was always there and helped me.
Not a great place to work anymore….
Store Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 9, 2015
Pros: Good discounts 50% off regular priced items and 25% off clearance items
Cons: Everything else
Bentley used to be a great company to work for in the past. However after being purchased by a different company a couple years ago, wages were frozen, store and stock hours were cut, budgeted sales and productivity increased to an unrealistic level, advancement in all levels became almost impossible and the expectations of both staff and management increased to an unrealistic level. This created a unhealthy and unhappy workplace atmosphere.
Worst place to work
Sales (Former Employee), OttawaOctober 24, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Pay, shifts, hours, amounts of stock, what's expected of you, upper management, lame discount for staff
I worked here for 2 years and 2 years too long. The worst company to work for by far. The pay was awful. Your so under paid and under appreciated

The district manager was unprofessional and would talk about her s3x life. Disgusting.

Your expected to do boxes and boxes of stock and have it done the day it comes in yet your alone half your day and busy with customers.

Disgrace of a company. Don't work here
Encouraging
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brantford, ONMay 4, 2015
Pros: Absolutely stress free and fun
Cons: Being indoors
I work closely with the Manager and Assistant Manager as 3rd in command. I am in charge of completing the store visuals sent from Head Office, but mainly focusing on customer service and relationships making sure they leave the store with everything they came in for and leaving them satisfied and happy, willing to return. I enjoy going to work everyday to a stress free, encouraging environment that has taught me a lot to share.
great people, alot of information, sales
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee), New Sudbury CenterMarch 16, 2014
Pros: 50% off regular pricesses and 25% off sale
Cons: not enough hours and negative enviroment
not a lot of staff but we are always at least two people working. I started with receiving, then worked floor for customer service, worked cash and we do sale for sale. we always have new promotions and sales, we must great every customer that walks in in at least 5 seconds of their entry. we have books with all the information's on luggage and other products so that the customers are properly informed.
productive environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCJanuary 20, 2016
Cons: not enough hours
The work place is really fun because you get to meet a lot of people who wants to travel. You get to discuss with them about travelling. The hardest part my is dealing with a lot of by myself. The hours can get really bad so you really have to do everything on your on from opening the boxes, helping a lot of customers find the best luggage for them and helping them on the cash counter. It was challenging but fun.
decent place with nice management
assistant manager (Current Employee), Guelph, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: consistent schedule
Cons: poor pay
the typical day is busy, sales change a lot, often too much. I learned a lot about what it takes to make sales and the mathematical side of management. Manager does not put foot down and it results in unruly staff. It is often difficult to keep up with the sales always changing, but I love the people I get to meet and hear about their travels.
its a easy job and good for students who is looking for part-time
Associée à la vente (Current Employee), Dorval,QuebecSeptember 23, 2012
Pros: its at the airport
Cons: traffic
the job description is very easy to follow.
you learn how to approach clients and sale
the management sucks
the co-workers are very friendly
the hardest part of this job is trying to keep up with the managers requirement
the most enjoyable part of this job is that i get to work with awesome co-workers
Bentley
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 18, 2012
I worked at Bentley as an after school job.
My manager, didn't really like me. She was old friends with my dad, so she said she was only doing him a favour.
My co-workers were all so nice, i always had a great day when i worked.
I didnt find the work load to be hard at all, i rather enjoyed everything i did at the store.
Fast-paced,Highly charged atmosphere
Store Manager (Current Employee), British ColumbiaOctober 31, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: constantly changing job description...very challenging to keep up
At Bentley I learned to become a better associate/manager.The most difficult part of my job was the constant changes,it was challenging to lead my team with an ever changing job description. The best part of the job was my co-workers-very professional,caring people who want the best for you.
It was like working in a fish bowl , you can see anyone from miles away
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: meeting different people
Cons: no hours
Costumer service can be a hassle but most days you meet tremendous people with great stories to tell. There's always something new and fascinating to learn when dealing with different types of people on a daily basics.
Always very busy.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 31, 2014
Pros: lots of hours.
Cons: commute.
I would handle cash, serve customers. Clean the washrooms and dining area.

People were nice in the work place.

It was very fast paced, and sometimes really stressful.

Served a lot of regular customers and built a relationship with them.
felt unappreciated at all times
Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, AB and burnaby bcSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: great customers
Cons: dsm getting mad at me for not going for smoke breaks with her when i don't smoke
in my first store in Calgary I felt appreciated and when I was transferred to Burnaby I started feeling like I was being taken advantage of