Bentley Leathers Employee Reviews

sales
Key Holder/ Sales Person (Current Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC25 March 2017
Greeting customer; selling mechanize; hardest part is to stay motivated at slow times. I enjoy meeting new people.
what have learnt is to up selling; how to interact with public.
Pros
experience of opening a brand new store
Cons
Not enough hours
Very challenging job. Co-workers are very nice and hardworking too.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador10 March 2017
I love and missed my position as a Manager at Bentley. I love my job as the head of the store, what to decide on what work needs to be done, organizes, select people to accomplish every tasks given , creating and motivating a team through effective communication. I love deciding through suggestions from the employees on how to put new product display and how the products will be creatively and effectively visualized by customers.And most of all I love interacting with my customers answering their questions and helping them to give the benefits and great feature of any products that they want in the store.
Pros
Good discount on all the products
Cons
cannot return and refund final discounted sale products.
high intensity
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC2 March 2017
Very busy work environment. Amazing suppliers. Loved looking at the future products. Learned many things in the accounting department that I have kept in my mind after all these years.
Incredibly bad management
Assistante gérante (Former Employee) –  St.-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC13 February 2017
Worst work experience of my career. Unfair, unclear, unprofessional manager with personal problems. Should not work with clientele and mostly should not be managing employees.
Overall great place to work, gain experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2017
I enjoyed working here, everyone was great. The location I was in was a busy one and everyone is very friendly and welcoming.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Up-selling
Management was terrible
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 January 2017
Did not enjoy or felt comfortable working at Bentley Leathers. Working with various ages, I found there to be a lot of gossip and immaturity among my colleagues and the management team.
chill, nice coworkers
Sales Associate (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2017
we sell luggage's, customer services, selling handbags and backpack, management is good too, the workplace is nice can be busy during summer- getting back to school, Christmas. I guess for the hardest part of the job would be dealing with customers who are not understanding of what you're trying to tell them.
benefits
Cons
giving less hours
Strong Team at Bentley Leathers
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 December 2016
A typical day starts with opening and organizing the store then checking our daily emails online for any current changes from HQ, such as new featured displays, price changes and and any other new protocols.
during the work day I serve and assist customers, answer the phone, and maintain inventory.
Closing duties include cleaning the store, storing merchandise, sending daily reports of sales and budget to HQ electronically and completing deposit slips.

I enjoy working with everyone at my location and my manager is wonderful, very motivating and friendly.
Pros
I can take my lunch break whenever keeping in mind of my coworkers and busy peek times.
Lacking trained management and professionalism to handle serious matters.
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 October 2016
Management ignores your concerns, and doesn't solve serious matters appropriately.
If you're bullied or talked down to unprofessionally by a manager they get away with it. It is NOT taken seriously when brought to human resources attention.
You're told to deal with it yourself...
Want a raise? Sure, once minimum wage goes up.
This is not a team player based environment, you're expected to compete against your Co workers for best sales.
As keyholders and managers, you don't get paid nearly enough for the responsibilities you have. And if you even consider getting a second job to make ends meet, kiss your title good bye.
Unless your a manager or assistant then you won't get hours.
Nothing but drama drama drama.

Overall , this was the worst job I've had and for anyone considering working here, don't waste your time and effort.
Pros
Great job to use as a stepping stone. But not somewhere to work the rest of your life.
Cons
Unless your a manager or assistant expect to not have many hours.
customer orientated
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK12 October 2016
A typical day is either hit or miss with high volume of traffic coming into the store. I learned that airlines do not treat luggage very great. My co-workers are amazing women. The hardest part of the job is finding something to do when its extremely slow for traffic. The most enjoyable part of the job are the stories customers tell you about their travels.
Pros
its in the mall so you can do some shopping while on break
Cons
its an old people mall not very many youngsters come in to shop.
Lots of work - Great team spirit
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2016
Bentley was an enjoyable place to work. Head office has been restructured and long time staff have been replaced. My time there was enjoyed - I made great friends in the time I was with the company.
Pros
Trips to Montreal
Cons
Not enough pay for the work
worst place to work
sales associate and cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 October 2016
management was horrible with unreal expectations of employees. I would never work there again. my co-workers were lazy and would leave most of the work for the weekend, which is when I worked. I would often have to work my whole shift alone and wasn't able to do some of the tasks given to me because I would have to get on a high latter and someone would have to spot me.
Cons
little to no hours
Great people.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK17 September 2016
I enjoyed working with the customers. Helping them find what they are looking for. Retail is a postive environment to work in. You build bonds with new and existing customers. Learn alot about products from the store and the customers. Enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Good scedule
Cons
Part time hours
Decent for retail, bad HO, difficult schedule
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 September 2016
Working at Bentley can have its good and bad days. HO doesn't communicate well with stores. Coworkers can be great and the days aren't that difficult, just sometimes too long if mangers make a habit of leaving early. You don't usually know your schedule till the week of and it's difficult to get management to listen sometimes to problems with signage, etc.
Pros
experience, coworkers are great
Cons
no job progress, not enough responsibility
ok to work there
Gérante adjointe (Former Employee) –  Saint-basile, QC6 August 2016
I was only there until I could find something better. There was no way for advancement, and not many challenges, so at some point it was a very boring job.
Pros
working with customers
Cons
no advancement
only care about bottom line
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 August 2016
this company does not care about their store employees. I DM did not like me and did all she could to make it so I did not work for this company. As for working within the store I feel I did well and stepped up whenever it was needed. I wanted to do well in my job.
Pros
other people on the store team
Cons
individual person not valued
Isn't too bad.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB25 July 2016
Decent place. Kind of quiet, I prefer fast paced and busy.
Pay is really bad, no commission.
Company management could use some work.
Pros
Flexbile schedules
Cons
No room for advancement, bad wages, no raises.
Easy going management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON20 July 2016
Everyday I was able to be myself working with the ladies there.
There was never any drama and always something to do. I got close to all the workers at Bentley and they were amazing teachers.
productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2016
I loved working with the customers and my coworkers.
My manager was really friendly; showed us how to do the job right.
Got along with everyone.
Fast pace
Retail/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 June 2016
I like working at Bentley Leather it's fast pace environment and my co workers plus the customers. Great experience

The cons about this company better hours especially for part time work and it needs to pay more for the amount of things you do. better break time so you can regroup and not feel exhausted or overwhelmed dealing with customers.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
more hours and pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bentley Leathers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3