Bentley Leathers Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Costumer service can be a hassle but most days you meet tremendous people with great stories to tell. There's always something new and fascinating to learn when dealing with different types of people on a daily basics.
productive environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCJanuary 20, 2016
Cons: not enough hours
The work place is really fun because you get to meet a lot of people who wants to travel. You get to discuss with them about travelling. The hardest part my is dealing with a lot of by myself. The hours can get really bad so you really have to do everything on your on from opening the boxes, helping a lot of customers find the best luggage for them and helping them on the cash counter. It was challenging but fun.
decent place with nice management
assistant manager (Current Employee), Guelph, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: consistent schedule
Cons: poor pay
the typical day is busy, sales change a lot, often too much. I learned a lot about what it takes to make sales and the mathematical side of management. Manager does not put foot down and it results in unruly staff. It is often difficult to keep up with the sales always changing, but I love the people I get to meet and hear about their travels.
a job all and all
sales associate (Former Employee), Ottawa East, ONJanuary 7, 2016
they do not train you properly. Their point of sale system is poor.
their management needs improvement. coworkers are ok
Great people
Cashier and sales associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2015
Pros: the people and the store discounts for staff
Cons: low pay
I loved working here, as I made lots of friends and had a good time. It was minimum wage but it was enough for a part time job while I was in school.
Not a great place to work anymore….
Store Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 9, 2015
Pros: Good discounts 50% off regular priced items and 25% off clearance items
Cons: Everything else
Bentley used to be a great company to work for in the past. However after being purchased by a different company a couple years ago, wages were frozen, store and stock hours were cut, budgeted sales and productivity increased to an unrealistic level, advancement in all levels became almost impossible and the expectations of both staff and management increased to an unrealistic level. This created a unhealthy and unhappy workplace atmosphere.
Worst place to work
Sales (Former Employee), OttawaOctober 24, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Pay, shifts, hours, amounts of stock, what's expected of you, upper management, lame discount for staff
I worked here for 2 years and 2 years too long. The worst company to work for by far. The pay was awful. Your so under paid and under appreciated

The district manager was unprofessional and would talk about her s3x life. Disgusting.

Your expected to do boxes and boxes of stock and have it done the day it comes in yet your alone half your day and busy with customers.

Disgrace of a company. Don't work here
very supportive of employees
Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: one hour lunches
Cons: not enough hours for everyone that works there
Bentley is always changing things up in the stores and that makes it very interesting to the day to day challenges. The new products that keep coming out are fantastic
Bentley
Manager (Current Employee), saskatoon, SKAugust 29, 2015
Bentley has new owners, and ever since then the company has not been the same. It is not a company to make a career out of, because they do not pay well.
Bentely Leathers Inc.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), SaskatoonJune 10, 2015
A typical day at work is selling to customers and building relationships with them. From my time at Bentley I have learned how to train people, prepare budget sheets, scheduling, payroll, and a variety of different small tasks. Working at Bentley, I have grown my work relationships with my manager and co-worker, and they are now some very good friends. The hardest part of the job for me is not being able to help everyone out, regardless if it is an employee or a customer, I will do anything before I tell them that I cannot help them. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know new people from my co-workers to customers. I have gained a huge amount of new friendships.
It was very basic.
Full Time Store Manager and Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Albert, ABJune 9, 2015
This job did not require you to have a lot of formal training. It was really straight forward. Once you start selling, you get used to all the products.
Great
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), oNTARIOJune 5, 2015
Great place to work, co-workers are great, bonuses, vacation, contests, customer service environment
Achieve budgets
Organizational Behavior
Managers are great
Love it!
Encouraging
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brantford, ONMay 4, 2015
Pros: Absolutely stress free and fun
Cons: Being indoors
I work closely with the Manager and Assistant Manager as 3rd in command. I am in charge of completing the store visuals sent from Head Office, but mainly focusing on customer service and relationships making sure they leave the store with everything they came in for and leaving them satisfied and happy, willing to return. I enjoy going to work everyday to a stress free, encouraging environment that has taught me a lot to share.
Repetitive,
Part time in charge (Current Employee), HamiltonFebruary 26, 2015
Cons: basically everything.
Perfectly fine for anyone looking for a minimum wage paying part-time job. I would never recommend working here full time or for a long time.
It was like working in a fish bowl , you can see anyone from miles away
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: meeting different people
Cons: no hours
good experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: friendships
Cons: bad wages
No good
I dislike working with this company they give you bad wage and its polices are silly. The only thing I like about the compnay is the friendhips I have made.
Always very busy.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 31, 2014
Pros: lots of hours.
Cons: commute.
I would handle cash, serve customers. Clean the washrooms and dining area.

People were nice in the work place.

It was very fast paced, and sometimes really stressful.

Served a lot of regular customers and built a relationship with them.
Enjoyable
Head cashier/key holder (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 7, 2014
The management there was great! They always made for an amazing day. The pay was decent for being in mall and the hours were very flexible..
Very open and challenging environment to learn from
Manager (Current Employee), CalgaryNovember 4, 2014
the most enjoyable part of my job here is my co-workers and the customers
Fast-paced,Highly charged atmosphere
Store Manager (Current Employee), British ColumbiaOctober 31, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: constantly changing job description...very challenging to keep up
At Bentley I learned to become a better associate/manager.The most difficult part of my job was the constant changes,it was challenging to lead my team with an ever changing job description. The best part of the job was my co-workers-very professional,caring people who want the best for you.