Bentley Leathers Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive environment with poor management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2016
TYPICAL DAY AT WORK:
-Assisting customers making decisions regarding a product
-Processing payments
-Receiving and organizing stock

WHAT YOU LEARNED:
-Maintaining product knowledge of the range of products available in the store
-Effective sales techniques
-Efficient customer service

MANAGEMENT:
-Really focused on the selling aspect of the store but completely forgot to maintain a healthy relationship with all their employees
-Pressure was often placed on employees who aren't selling which caused many co-workers to leave the job

YOUR COWORKERS:
-Productive environment
-Enjoyed working with everyone, maintained healthy relationships

HARDEST PART OF THE JOB:
-Meeting the store budget on a quiet day

MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB:
-Communicating with a range of customers who have plenty of stories to share with you
Pros
Worked with friends
Cons
Meeting a ridiculously high budget for the day
Fun workplace
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 20, 2016
The people are always easy to get along with
Learnt how to do many things, cashier, visual presentation, great communication with people, etc
Management is overall pretty good
Co-workers are the best, become close with them outside of work as well
Hardest part is having angry customers trying to get something that the store doesn't accept and trying to keep them happy/calm while you try your best to explain
I just love the vibe going into Bentleys, always smiles
Pros
Constantly meeting new people
Cons
Too many people not enough hours
Not a great place to work anymore….
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 9, 2015
Bentley used to be a great company to work for in the past. However after being purchased by a different company a couple years ago, wages were frozen, store and stock hours were cut, budgeted sales and productivity increased to an unrealistic level, advancement in all levels became almost impossible and the expectations of both staff and management increased to an unrealistic level. This created a unhealthy and unhappy workplace atmosphere.
Pros
Good discounts 50% off regular priced items and 25% off clearance items
Cons
Everything else
Safe Environment
Troisième clé, caissière & vendeuse (Current Employee) –  Mirabel, QCApril 22, 2016
A typical day at work will be to help clients with what thy are looking for, give advice on the products, organize and place the store, and do the cash register.

At this job I learned that working hard and persevering will give up results. The management at this job could be improved, but it's it the process of doing that. The co-workers here are great. We all work well together and its a fun team to work with. The hardest part of job is to please all the clients. It is very hard to please all the clients even if you try your best. \The part I enjoy the most about the job is the fact of helping people find what they need and interacting with the public.
great employees...but they become your only company in life
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMay 12, 2016
the job itself is good, there's lots to do to keep you busy, but there is a terrible balance of work and life if you are in any position higher than part-time employee. they demand you to work all the time and it gets to the point where family members get mad because they never see you anymore. you miss big events because you have to work and when you try t book time off, they reject it.
Pros
goo discount
Cons
too much time required at work, terrible district managers
decent place with nice management
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONJanuary 14, 2016
the typical day is busy, sales change a lot, often too much. I learned a lot about what it takes to make sales and the mathematical side of management. Manager does not put foot down and it results in unruly staff. It is often difficult to keep up with the sales always changing, but I love the people I get to meet and hear about their travels.
Pros
consistent schedule
Cons
poor pay
productive environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCJanuary 20, 2016
The work place is really fun because you get to meet a lot of people who wants to travel. You get to discuss with them about travelling. The hardest part my is dealing with a lot of by myself. The hours can get really bad so you really have to do everything on your on from opening the boxes, helping a lot of customers find the best luggage for them and helping them on the cash counter. It was challenging but fun.
Cons
not enough hours
Worst place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  OttawaOctober 24, 2015
I worked here for 2 years and 2 years too long. The worst company to work for by far. The pay was awful. Your so under paid and under appreciated

The district manager was unprofessional and would talk about her s3x life. Disgusting.

Your expected to do boxes and boxes of stock and have it done the day it comes in yet your alone half your day and busy with customers.

Disgrace of a company. Don't work here
Pros
Cons
Pay, shifts, hours, amounts of stock, what's expected of you, upper management, lame discount for staff
Bentley
Retail Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCMay 12, 2016
open or cloesed, bad managment, ive learned alot, good bad, wasnt the best job ever, but i did still get experience. The hardest part was dealing with co-workers, the work it self was great, i love interacting with people, that what ive learnd her is how to become more condfient and how to speak in a better tone
productive and enjoyable work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCApril 9, 2016
I was a sales associate at the company Bentley Leathers for seven months and a typical day at work would include me speaking to clients on the floor as well as working the cash and restocking merchandise. This job really taught me all the aspects of being a great sales associate and what it takes to run a store since i had many days and nights of working alone and closing alone, as well as making deposits. My manager would help all the employees to be the best sales associates they could be, if you weren't doing your best she would notice it and help you with whatever she could. The employees were very close, we were only four employees so we really got to know each other well. The district managers didn't visit much and as I was there, head office started closing many stores without relocating employees which is what happened to my store, (2628) on April 3rd 2016. The hardest part of my job was the constant changing of promotions since we were a liquidation store, i really had to make sure i was up to date to not jeopardize a good sale. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to interact with the clients and help them with what they needed. I enjoy being a sales associate because with the clients you benefit in many social skills, like how to manage people who are rude to you in a positive way for the company.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
no break
It's an okay job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 29, 2016
I like the job that I have but I hardly get any hours and my new manager is always messing up the schedule or changing it and not telling me. Since I'm saving for school this doesn't really work for me so i decided to look for a second job.
a job all and all
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ONJanuary 7, 2016
they do not train you properly. Their point of sale system is poor.
their management needs improvement. coworkers are ok
Great people
Cashier and sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2015
I loved working here, as I made lots of friends and had a good time. It was minimum wage but it was enough for a part time job while I was in school.
Pros
the people and the store discounts for staff
Cons
low pay
Nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Costumer service can be a hassle but most days you meet tremendous people with great stories to tell. There's always something new and fascinating to learn when dealing with different types of people on a daily basics.
Ok place to work part time, not full time
Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 4, 2014
Typical day was spent mostly alone, at least 4 hours, in that time frame, the store would get busy around lunch, and with that came stock which had to be done and then put out..then the other person would come in and then I would go on break. When I would come back from break, the other associate would then go on break. When that associate came back it was usually time to go home. The co-workers were awesome to work with.
Pros
merchandising, stock, customers
Cons
working every saturday, low pay, benefits were not great, working alone for 4-5 hours, lack of district manager, lack of store hours, lack of training
very supportive of employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 24, 2015
Bentley is always changing things up in the stores and that makes it very interesting to the day to day challenges. The new products that keep coming out are fantastic
Pros
one hour lunches
Cons
not enough hours for everyone that works there
Bentley
Manager (Current Employee) –  saskatoon, SKAugust 29, 2015
Bentley has new owners, and ever since then the company has not been the same. It is not a company to make a career out of, because they do not pay well.
Bentely Leathers Inc.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  SaskatoonJune 10, 2015
A typical day at work is selling to customers and building relationships with them. From my time at Bentley I have learned how to train people, prepare budget sheets, scheduling, payroll, and a variety of different small tasks. Working at Bentley, I have grown my work relationships with my manager and co-worker, and they are now some very good friends. The hardest part of the job for me is not being able to help everyone out, regardless if it is an employee or a customer, I will do anything before I tell them that I cannot help them. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know new people from my co-workers to customers. I have gained a huge amount of new friendships.
Encouraging
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONMay 4, 2015
I work closely with the Manager and Assistant Manager as 3rd in command. I am in charge of completing the store visuals sent from Head Office, but mainly focusing on customer service and relationships making sure they leave the store with everything they came in for and leaving them satisfied and happy, willing to return. I enjoy going to work everyday to a stress free, encouraging environment that has taught me a lot to share.
Pros
Absolutely stress free and fun
Cons
Being indoors
It was very basic.
Full Time Store Manager and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, ABJune 9, 2015
This job did not require you to have a lot of formal training. It was really straight forward. Once you start selling, you get used to all the products.