Bentley Leathers Employee Reviews

Emploie agreable
Gerante (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC9 February 2018
Emploie assez agreable. Employer aimable. Et qui aime travailler
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Salaire trop bas. Pour toutes les taches a faire et responsabilites
District Manager
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario6 February 2018
Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork starts your day.

When sales are down company is quick to point fingers at employees. Company fails to take into account less traffic and more online sales. Many factors beyond stores control.

On the positive side
There is a new CEO who is willing to think outside of the box. Realizing not all stores have the same demographics and allowing changes in order to accommodate clientele.

Head office management needs to take responsibility for poor choices from the buying department. No more dollar store items or mystery boxes.
Order what customers want: luggage that will accommodate airline restrictions.

The hardest part of the job is the Archaic computer system that has so many steps to complete work. So much time could be freed up for training, selling and day to day tasks if system was updated. Constant corrections of information sent out to stores.

The most enjoyable parts of the job is the learning product knowledge to pass onto our customers. Our customers are great they make your day.

Every company has good and bad points but Bentley I would suggest is a fun place to work.
Pros
Excellent Customer Service, Generous Return Policy, New Products
Cons
Too much paperwork, Ridiculous waste of money on Signage (many not used), Sale Items Advertised usually not available at the start of sale, Head office constantly sending out corrections from wrong information already received
An amazing experience
Retail Sales Associate - Key Holder (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 February 2018
I worked at Bentley Leathers for about two years and loved every minute of it, there was never a day that I dreaded going to work. My manager in Stratford was the absolute best and never made the job feel like work. Always made accommodations for me especially when I relocated to London, ON- they were able to find me a position in a London location that felt just as much like family as my base store.
Pros
flexible schedules, opportunity for advancement, close-knit "family" type of environment, extremely friendly staff
Bon emploie
Gerante (Former Employee) –  Granby, QC19 January 2018
Votre travail sera apprecier et reconnu! Manque un peu d'organisation au sein de la compagnie mais j'ai aimer mon experience de travail. Un emploie stimulant!
Sales Associte
Sales Associated (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2018
i enjoyed working here, all the employees were a pleasure to work with.. i didn't really like selling things but, the made me feel real comfortable. the most enjoyable part of the job was trying to have the most sales for the month.
LOVED Working Here!
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON29 December 2017
Bentley Leathers was one of the best places I have EVER worked, and I would recommend anyone working in retail to at least apply here. Such a great job, with even better people and incredible incentives. For a job without commission, I found myself making extra money almost every single day and barely had to think about it. Management was EXTREMELY well trained and equipped to handle any situation, and all associates were knowledgeable about the store, products, warranties, policies, and customer service. 10/10 would recommend working at a Bentley's anywhere in Canada.
Pros
AMAZING management
Cons
Very little heavy lifting
Not to bad
Corporate Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ville St Laurent, QC5 December 2017
Bentley was an up and coming company making many changes in their departments.
While I worked there the company had been sold and new management was coming in.
Good team at Bentley Dufferin Mall
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2017
Working for Bentley as a manager was a great challenge for me and I love challenges, however I decided to leave my job as I was not satisfied with the way the management team conducted their employees.
Pros
Close to my house, 10 minutes
Cons
Poor training and management relationship
Friendly environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE16 November 2017
Friendly management, short hours, great teamwork. Offer flexible hours. The mall is only open 12 hours a day, leaving short 7 hour shifts per person. Must be independent.
great work environment
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 November 2017
I worked here for 2 years and it was a great place to work. the manager Laurie was an amazing individual. They worked with my busy schedule even well i was pregnant with my son they allowed me to come back after taking almost a year off to be with my son.
fun place to work
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 October 2017
Fast pace environment. Learned how to manage, visually merchandise, schedule hours and balance store budget. The enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the customera.
The store team was excellent to work with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 October 2017
The store team was excellent to work with however the regional manager was a bully.

Constructive criticism is good however when regional manager admits that demographics won't allow the store to succeed but continues to heavily criticise, then that is bulling.
frustrating management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON6 October 2017
the management was difficult to deal with they do not listen tothe staff complaints they were unwilling to change anything even if the staff was right .
Pros
Cons
boss was not good at her job
Not a good place to grow
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 October 2017
I was happy to start working here, I felt very positive and outgoing. I worked hard and even took on extra responsibilities such as those of a manager/assistant manager. I eventually asked for a raise that would never be given to me in almost eight years. You are demanded to be pushy with customers and insist a lot. You are constantly talked down to, and they push into your personal life. Benifits and sick days dont exist, family deaths are not a concern to them.
Pros
Meet nice co workers. Good for a first job.
Cons
You never get a raise, always change your schedule, give you your schedule last minute when it should be done 2 weeks in advance, you give your all for no reason, No where to grow in the company, They speak to you disrespectfully at times and make you feel useless
High expectation for little-to-no compensation
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 August 2017
You are expected to sell and up-sell to a ridiculous point. Hours are cut based on sales alone. Upper management has no idea as to what our customers actually want. Poor-quality product with climbing prices do not make it easy to sell. Heaven help you if you happen to meet the Owner or CO of the company: they are unapproachable and deluded about the kind of business they are running. This job may be OK if you're doing part-time, seasonally. However, company policy is that management are not allowed to give references. Store-level managers are the only thing that keep people there longer than a month.
Pros
Generous Staff Discount
Cons
Upper Management, Commission-like sales expectations without compensation, Unorganized
Good sales staff, Terrible management.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 July 2017
Currently a PT employee. Hours are acceptable though never secured as management constantly wants to hire more employees to reduce hours.

There is a looming feeling that no matter how much you push sales or even how good a job you do, one slip-up or a bad week could result in termination. Meanwhile, there is very little incentive or reward for going above and beyond.

Compensation is minimum wage no questions asked, but employees are forced to sell as if they are on commission. Most customers don't appreciate it.

At the store level culture is great, co-workers (and I've seen many come and go) are always super friendly.

The product quality isn't great unless it's the highest priced in the store. Selling even a moderately priced handbag is tricky when customers know the product is sub-par.

All-in-all an okay place to make a little extra money... definitely not a solid career choice.
Pros
Great employee discount
Cons
It was a fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 July 2017
It was a great place to work and to learn from. It was really easy going there and mistakes were made but you learned from them. It felt like a family more than a work place.
Pros
Percentage off merchandise
Cons
No lunch breaks
Interesting experience
Stock Boy (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 July 2017
I didn't do much during my time at Bentley Leathers. I stayed in the back in the stock room and sorted everything and made sure there was enough ready to display bags so that they could refill at the end of the night
good experience
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Severn, ON22 June 2017
I was only hired as a seasonal customer service rep. it was a great way to gain customer experience and to get to know new people. it was my first job and it was a good one.
Work place
Sales Associate, customer service representation (Former Employee) –  Nelson, BC17 June 2017
Bentley Leathers gave me the opportunity to interact on a personal basis with customers. I have developed long term relationships that continue to this day The management was weak in that we had no control over stock situations