Bentley Leathers Employee Reviews

Great people.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKSeptember 17, 2016
I enjoyed working with the customers. Helping them find what they are looking for. Retail is a postive environment to work in. You build bonds with new and existing customers. Learn alot about products from the store and the customers. Enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Good scedule
Cons
Part time hours
ok to work there
Gérante adjointe (Former Employee) –  Saint-basile, QCAugust 6, 2016
I was only there until I could find something better. There was no way for advancement, and not many challenges, so at some point it was a very boring job.
Pros
working with customers
Cons
no advancement
only care about bottom line
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 4, 2016
this company does not care about their store employees. I DM did not like me and did all she could to make it so I did not work for this company. As for working within the store I feel I did well and stepped up whenever it was needed. I wanted to do well in my job.
Pros
other people on the store team
Cons
individual person not valued
Isn't too bad.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJuly 25, 2016
Decent place. Kind of quiet, I prefer fast paced and busy.
Pay is really bad, no commission.
Company management could use some work.
Pros
Flexbile schedules
Cons
No room for advancement, bad wages, no raises.
Easy going management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJuly 20, 2016
Everyday I was able to be myself working with the ladies there.
There was never any drama and always something to do. I got close to all the workers at Bentley and they were amazing teachers.
productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 13, 2016
I loved working with the customers and my coworkers.
My manager was really friendly; showed us how to do the job right.
Got along with everyone.
Fast pace
Retail/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 27, 2016
I like working at Bentley Leather it's fast pace environment and my co workers plus the customers. Great experience

The cons about this company better hours especially for part time work and it needs to pay more for the amount of things you do. better break time so you can regroup and not feel exhausted or overwhelmed dealing with customers.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
more hours and pay
3 managers within my first 2 months there
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJune 20, 2016
It was horrible, no hours, roughly 4 hours a week. honestly the discount isnt even worth the time. i dont think i have ever hated going to work as much as i hated going to bentley
Pros
discount
Cons
rude workers
Learned a lot about dealing with customers, management lacked professionalism
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 10, 2016
How busy you were all depended on how busy it was. Having great co-workers always made it fun. Did not like the way management ran things, feel like several situations couldve been dealt with more professionalism. Excluding the management, i mostly did enjoy my time there. I feel i learned a lot about actually making a sale and how to find the right product for the customer.
Demanding and Competitive, but with Great People
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 31, 2016
We have sales goals that we have to reach, so this type of work naturally draws in more competitive people. They're great people inside and outside of work. While we may embellish, employees are honest and frank with customers. Managers have top down pressure, but it's not personal. The DMs are breathing down their necks and it gets passed on to sales staff. It's all stress at times. Sales goals are sometimes out of reach given the traffic in the store, so managers will normally keep us busy cleaning and organizing in order to help pass the time and to keep the store in good order. Overall, it's a retail job that has demands. If you can keep up, fantastic! If you're just looking for easy work for the summer, it's not a place to consider.
Pros
great coworkers, lots to learn
Cons
sales goals, pressure to sell, few advancement opportunities
Bentley
Retail Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCMay 12, 2016
open or cloesed, bad managment, ive learned alot, good bad, wasnt the best job ever, but i did still get experience. The hardest part was dealing with co-workers, the work it self was great, i love interacting with people, that what ive learnd her is how to become more condfient and how to speak in a better tone
great employees...but they become your only company in life
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMay 12, 2016
the job itself is good, there's lots to do to keep you busy, but there is a terrible balance of work and life if you are in any position higher than part-time employee. they demand you to work all the time and it gets to the point where family members get mad because they never see you anymore. you miss big events because you have to work and when you try t book time off, they reject it.
Pros
goo discount
Cons
too much time required at work, terrible district managers
Safe Environment
Troisième clé, caissière & vendeuse (Current Employee) –  Mirabel, QCApril 22, 2016
A typical day at work will be to help clients with what thy are looking for, give advice on the products, organize and place the store, and do the cash register.

At this job I learned that working hard and persevering will give up results. The management at this job could be improved, but it's it the process of doing that. The co-workers here are great. We all work well together and its a fun team to work with. The hardest part of job is to please all the clients. It is very hard to please all the clients even if you try your best. \The part I enjoy the most about the job is the fact of helping people find what they need and interacting with the public.
productive and enjoyable work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCApril 9, 2016
I was a sales associate at the company Bentley Leathers for seven months and a typical day at work would include me speaking to clients on the floor as well as working the cash and restocking merchandise. This job really taught me all the aspects of being a great sales associate and what it takes to run a store since i had many days and nights of working alone and closing alone, as well as making deposits. My manager would help all the employees to be the best sales associates they could be, if you weren't doing your best she would notice it and help you with whatever she could. The employees were very close, we were only four employees so we really got to know each other well. The district managers didn't visit much and as I was there, head office started closing many stores without relocating employees which is what happened to my store, (2628) on April 3rd 2016. The hardest part of my job was the constant changing of promotions since we were a liquidation store, i really had to make sure i was up to date to not jeopardize a good sale. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to interact with the clients and help them with what they needed. I enjoy being a sales associate because with the clients you benefit in many social skills, like how to manage people who are rude to you in a positive way for the company.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
no break
Fun workplace
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 20, 2016
The people are always easy to get along with
Learnt how to do many things, cashier, visual presentation, great communication with people, etc
Management is overall pretty good
Co-workers are the best, become close with them outside of work as well
Hardest part is having angry customers trying to get something that the store doesn't accept and trying to keep them happy/calm while you try your best to explain
I just love the vibe going into Bentleys, always smiles
Pros
Constantly meeting new people
Cons
Too many people not enough hours
It's an okay job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 29, 2016
I like the job that I have but I hardly get any hours and my new manager is always messing up the schedule or changing it and not telling me. Since I'm saving for school this doesn't really work for me so i decided to look for a second job.
Productive environment with poor management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2016
TYPICAL DAY AT WORK:
-Assisting customers making decisions regarding a product
-Processing payments
-Receiving and organizing stock

WHAT YOU LEARNED:
-Maintaining product knowledge of the range of products available in the store
-Effective sales techniques
-Efficient customer service

MANAGEMENT:
-Really focused on the selling aspect of the store but completely forgot to maintain a healthy relationship with all their employees
-Pressure was often placed on employees who aren't selling which caused many co-workers to leave the job

YOUR COWORKERS:
-Productive environment
-Enjoyed working with everyone, maintained healthy relationships

HARDEST PART OF THE JOB:
-Meeting the store budget on a quiet day

MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB:
-Communicating with a range of customers who have plenty of stories to share with you
Pros
Worked with friends
Cons
Meeting a ridiculously high budget for the day
Nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Costumer service can be a hassle but most days you meet tremendous people with great stories to tell. There's always something new and fascinating to learn when dealing with different types of people on a daily basics.
productive environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCJanuary 20, 2016
The work place is really fun because you get to meet a lot of people who wants to travel. You get to discuss with them about travelling. The hardest part my is dealing with a lot of by myself. The hours can get really bad so you really have to do everything on your on from opening the boxes, helping a lot of customers find the best luggage for them and helping them on the cash counter. It was challenging but fun.
Cons
not enough hours
decent place with nice management
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONJanuary 14, 2016
the typical day is busy, sales change a lot, often too much. I learned a lot about what it takes to make sales and the mathematical side of management. Manager does not put foot down and it results in unruly staff. It is often difficult to keep up with the sales always changing, but I love the people I get to meet and hear about their travels.
Pros
consistent schedule
Cons
poor pay

2.3