Bentall Kennedy

Bentall Kennedy Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overworked and underpaid
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 13, 2014
Pros: admin assistants were helpful and friendly
Cons: under appreciated, overworked, abusive atmosphere
It started out fine but after realizing that every Executive assistant didn't last more than a year I started to wonder why.

I was assistant to two people to start off-- Vice President and Director of leasing. Subsequently, I was also the office manager, IT department, 3rd persons assistant (all busy executives with presentations and proposals), operations – more... department, website administrator and brochure creator and the list kept going on and on. To top it off, these were typical executives who changed their minds after every draft you spent the day completing on rush and were very rude and would actually snap at you and others all day long.

I do not suggest working in Edmonton as an EA for this company. Too much drama and not enough money for the headache.

I heard the last EA died in relation to stress.

Happy job hunting! – less
Good leadership, fun and more interactions
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: team building
Cons: busy hours during budgets
Day at work usually 9-5 office hours but can extend working hours depending your job. Co-workers are friendly and easy to approach. the hardest part of the job is reconciliation, the most enjoyable part of my job was merging file into one package.
Property Accountant
Property Accountant (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 17, 2014
Pros: good environment, excellent place to learn
Cons: low salary, few advancement prospects
- Month End Accruals, CAM calculations, reconciliations, consolidations, GST, Bank, Subledger reconciliations, etc.

- Management is very good

- Good company culture, co-workers

- Excellent place to learn when starting out in accounting career.

- Salary is well below average.

- No increase in compensation if you get a designation.
meh
building operator (Former Employee), calgary, albertaApril 27, 2014
Pros: the end of the shift
Cons: accepting employment.
Bentall is your typical corporate company.

Cheap, Cheap, Cheap.

I learned a lot about Public relations.

I learned a lot about corporate companies.

I learned that working at this company was a challenge.
Just a great place to work
Building Operator (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: once we have completed our scheduled on call we get the following friday off.
Cons: i feel there are no cons to my present job
My typical day at work involves making sure all the tenants needs are met.
I have learned the systems which operate the building such as boilers, cooling towers and all the components which work within the system.
The management team within Bentall kennedy is a very positive one. They always listen to suggestions put forth by the building operators.
All – more... the co-workers work together in a team environment to get the job done properly.
I don't feel there is a hard part to my job do to the fact all team members are always willing to help out when a fellow employee might be stuck on a certain function of his job.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a happy tenant once a issue has been resolved. – less
Hard to get any chance for an job interview
Building operator (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCApril 8, 2013
Pros: good salaries and bonuses and steady job.
Cons: no job for immigrants if you are not anglo-saxon
Bentall is excellent place for work but you have to be white born Anglo-Saxon in order to get interview or job. For some cities and provinces you have to have 4th class PE paper and for other you don't have to have PE paper?! If you apply for Langley BC for Building operator position PE certificate is not a MUST have. If you apply for Vancouver downtown – more... you have to be white born Anglo-Saxon and hold PE paper. Therefore I cant get this simply because Im not born in Canada and have funny last and first name. – less
Exciting workplace promising flexibility
Security Officer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 24, 2012
Pros: good environment
Cons: night shifts
In charge of customer services at Bentall, I had the responsibility of maintianing the highest service standards at the site. I respond to telephone enquiries and direct calls to appropraite departments for cation. I was also involved in health and safety and general security issues.

I worked with a team of 6 on every shift. We had great team spirit.

The – more... hardest part of the job is when an incident occurs that involve customer safety.

I enjoy being of service to people. – less
agreable
Technicien bathiment (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 7, 2014
Pros: avantages sociales
Cons: rien
tres bonne compagnieune journée de travail typique
les opportunités de développement
le management
vos collaborateurs
l'aspect le plus difficile de votre poste
l'aspect le plus agréable de votre poste