Bentall Kennedy Employee Reviews

Great Corporate Company Culture but Does not apply at Site Level
Administrative Assistant/PA (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON10 November 2016
I have been here many years without advancement or any raises beyond the yearly standard of living increments. The management is all into playing head games, picking favorites and working you to the bone if you are not one of them. No work life balance although they preach it all the time. It really depends who you get as a manager and if you suck up to them or not. If you know how to play the game you will be fine. I'm here because of my family situation but I would leave in a heartbeat if I could. Beware of the site offices as managers are allowed to basically do whatever they want and all have their favorites. A total good old boys atmosphere. Also they pay well below other companies and will give you a lower tittle so they can pay you less but you have to do the work of a higher tittle with no appreciation or compensation. Benefits are good. Head office doesn't bother to visit site offices so have no clue what goes on. Bottom dollar is all anyone cares about. More work since Sunlife took over -Definite Scare Culture.
Pros
Cake on birthday/Benefits
Cons
Jealousy and back biting among employees/more work since Sunlife bought us out
Bad decision
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC17 October 2016
Offered an opportunity to become an operation manager. Training involved figure it out or deal with anger replies. Fire code violations to save money, micromanagement and toxic environment. Yes and company trips require you pay and no reimbursement of interest on your credit card. Absolutely a bad decision to work here
Pros
resignation
Cons
Code violations
A productive and fun place to work
Security and Life Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 February 2016
Bentall Kennedy is a productive and fun company to work for. With so much involvement in the community, special events, and opportunities for advancement. Bentall Kennedy has a thriving corporate culture.
A great place to work
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2016
Bentall Kennedy is a great place to work. I have enjoyed working there and have learned a lot. It is one of the leading companies in the Property Management Industry.
Too political,
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 March 2016
Whole bunch of idiots in charge of a whole lot of stuff they know nothing about. If you don't meet their social register you are done no matter how good you are.
Pros
nice co-worker
Cons
Mid management dumb as a post
Management with lack of experience
Property Administrator (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC4 March 2016
Worked as a PA and was expected to do most of the General Managers work while the GM was doing god only knows what on her iPad all day. It was a very toxic work environment with the GM.

When trying to get any help or answers to questions from other employees it was almost impossible as everyone seemed to be extremely overworked.
Pros
Work location
Cons
Company unwilling to address problems
Property Accountant
Property Accountant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 May 2014
- Month End Accruals, CAM calculations, reconciliations, consolidations, GST, Bank, Subledger reconciliations, etc.

- Management is very good

- Good company culture, co-workers

- Excellent place to learn when starting out in accounting career.

- Salary is well below average.

- No increase in compensation if you get a designation.
Pros
Good environment, excellent place to learn
Cons
Low salary, few advancement prospects
Productive and fun workplace
Property Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 May 2016
Entering rent deposits into JDE Edwards
Calling tenants to remind them of rent
Collecting payments
Accounts payable and receivable
Just a great place to work
Building Operator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 January 2014
My typical day at work involves making sure all the tenants needs are met.
I have learned the systems which operate the building such as boilers, cooling towers and all the components which work within the system.
The management team within Bentall kennedy is a very positive one. They always listen to suggestions put forth by the building operators.
All the co-workers work together in a team environment to get the job done properly.
I don't feel there is a hard part to my job do to the fact all team members are always willing to help out when a fellow employee might be stuck on a certain function of his job.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a happy tenant once a issue has been resolved.
Pros
Once we have completed our scheduled on call we get the following Friday off.
Cons
I feel there are no cons to my present job
Overworked and underpaid
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2014
It started out fine but after realizing that every Executive assistant didn't last more than a year I started to wonder why.

I was assistant to two people to start off-- Vice President and Director of leasing. Subsequently, I was also the office manager, IT department, 3rd persons assistant (all busy executives with presentations and proposals), operations department, website administrator and brochure creator and the list kept going on and on. To top it off, these were typical executives who changed their minds after every draft you spent the day completing on rush and were very rude and would actually snap at you and others all day long.

I do not suggest working in Edmonton as an EA for this company. Too much drama and not enough money for the headache.

I heard the last EA died in relation to stress.

Happy job hunting!
Pros
Admin assistants were helpful and friendly
Cons
Under appreciated, overworked, abusive atmosphere
Overall good experience
Commercial Property Administrator (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 October 2015
Good working environment, good people, work load was a bit excessive at times but well worth the personal growth. Possibly re-apply to another position in the future.
they listen to rumours
community manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2015
they had someone good for this position on the last go around but they chose to listen to a failed terminated individual ,
Productive work place with helpful people.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kennedy, SK2 July 2015
Very comfortable work place, people are easy going and friendly. I learned new things in regards to technology; this knowledge made me more comfortable with computers. The most challenging part was staying at a desk all day however time goes by fast when getting work done.
Pros
Reasonable lunch time
Cons
driving distance
Hard to get any chance for an job interview
Building operator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 April 2013
Bentall is excellent place for work but you have to be white born Anglo-Saxon in order to get interview or job. For some cities and provinces you have to have 4th class PE paper and for other you don't have to have PE paper?! If you apply for Langley BC for Building operator position PE certificate is not a MUST have. If you apply for Vancouver downtown you have to be white born Anglo-Saxon and hold PE paper. Therefore I cant get this simply because Im not born in Canada and have funny last and first name.
Pros
good salaries and bonuses and steady job.
Cons
no job for immigrants if you are not anglo-saxon
Exciting workplace promising flexibility
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 June 2012
In charge of customer services at Bentall, I had the responsibility of maintianing the highest service standards at the site. I respond to telephone enquiries and direct calls to appropraite departments for cation. I was also involved in health and safety and general security issues.

I worked with a team of 6 on every shift. We had great team spirit.

The hardest part of the job is when an incident occurs that involve customer safety.

I enjoy being of service to people.
Pros
good environment
Cons
night shifts
Good leadership, fun and more interactions
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2014
Day at work usually 9-5 office hours but can extend working hours depending your job. Co-workers are friendly and easy to approach. the hardest part of the job is reconciliation, the most enjoyable part of my job was merging file into one package.
Pros
Team building
Cons
Busy hours during budgets
meh
building operator (Former Employee) –  calgary, alberta27 April 2014
Bentall is your typical corporate company.

Cheap, Cheap, Cheap.

I learned a lot about Public relations.

I learned a lot about corporate companies.

I learned that working at this company was a challenge.
Pros
the end of the shift
Cons
accepting employment.
Great Company
Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 April 2014
BentallKennedy is overall and AMAZING company to work for.
Bon environnement
Administratrice comptes payables et recevables (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 December 2016
Bon employeur, bel environnement de travail
Bon management
agreable
Technicien bathiment (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 April 2014
tres bonne compagnieune journée de travail typique
les opportunités de développement
le management
vos collaborateurs
l'aspect le plus difficile de votre poste
l'aspect le plus agréable de votre poste
Pros
avantages sociales
Cons
rien