Human Resources Advisor
Established in 1976, Benson Industries Ltd. is a leading manufacturer in Kitchen cabinetry. Focused primarily on the multi-family industry, we pride ourselves on delivering a consistent product of high quality. Working directly with Developers, General Contractors, and Architects we are able to meet all needs of the client with our modern facility and lean manufacturing processes.
Working directly with upper management the Human Resources Advisor will be responsible for some or all of the following areas: Recruitment, Selection and On-Boarding, Performance Management, Health and Wellness, Employee Relations, Organizational Development, Training and Development, Compensation and Benefits.
Human Resources Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support for HR processes such as recruitment, compensation, performance management, benefits, reporting changes by completing forms and other respective documentation.
- Posting and advertising open positions
- Scheduling interviews and following up with candidates
- Management of Benson Industries social media presence
- Supporting Benson Industries recruitment strategy
- Project work such as improving interview guides, improving job descriptions, improving employee communication etc.
- Overseeing the Health and Safety Committee
- Coordinating onboarding activities such as new employee orientation
- Communicating with managers, employees and vendors including answering questions and directing them to the appropriate resource
- Filing Human Resources documentation
- Development of continuous improvement project activities or others assigned by senior management
- Backfill the Office Administrator position - responsible for reception, shipping packages, managing mail, closing the office, booking meetings, and other office admin activities
- Other job related duties as required (e.g. helping other departments in busy times etc.)
- Learning kitchen cabinetry process, both design and manufacturing processes
This position requires a demonstrated level of initiative and judgment in order to organize, prioritize tasks, and projects. Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are required in dealing with colleagues in every day working relationships.
Knowledge & Skills
- Understanding of general office administration/human resource processes and procedures
- Fantastic customer service ethic including initiative and high expectations for quality
- Strong analytical skills, detail oriented and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with employees at all levels and confidential information
- Ability to identify errors and analyze root causes
- Ability to work in an environment with lots of interruptions and interacting with people all day
- Ability to think like an owner and understand implication of costs of actions
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision
- Familiarity with HR legislation and practices
- Communicates with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations, or over the telephone
- Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents
- Interested in continuously improving, open to giving and receiving feedback
- A flexible team player with the ability to problem-solve. Approaches work with a positive attitude, has great people skills and a sense of humour!
- Post-secondary education, ideally a CHRP Candidate or CHRP certification
- Advanced level of computer skills in a wide range of software including strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- HR experience (e.g. co-op term, volunteering etc.)
- Experience or knowledge of cabinetry or manufacturing
- Previous experience working in an office environment
Schedule: Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with a 1 hour unpaid lunch
Wage: $20.00 / hour (40 hours per week)
Location: Victoria, BC
Indeed - 5 months ago