Bennett Jones LLP Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
A good working environment
Field Placement (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 17, 2015
Pros: Good field experience
Cons: The length of time could be longer
Working in different department gives you a better understanding of how the work flows. Adjusting to the workplace was relatively easy, this is due to the willingness of co-workers to help.
By the books office
accounting assistent (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: fast paste work
Cons: narrow minded work place, everyone is better then you
I worked in accounting and it was a very stressful job. Lots of money coming in and going out. Making sure everything was balances. Staff was very hard headed. Everything was by the book. If they didn't want you there any more they would find a way to push you out. Its a law firm that is run like a prison. There are some good people that work there but if your there long enough, it changes you or you leave.
Great Job with Great People
Corporate Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 2, 2013
Pros: benifits, great boss
Cons: salary
My direct Supervisor/Lawyer was fantastic. I really enjoyed working for him, among the other staff in the Real Estate Department. As a employee in good standings, my dealings with Upper Management were very limited.

Typically, a day at work would start off by checking my emails and voicemails and responding accordingly. Checking My lawyers emails and doing any ground work in preparation for his arrival. While he was out of the office I would do any administrative tasks that could be done without supervision, and when he was in the office I would focus my time at the tasks given.
Great learning opportunity
Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 18, 2012
I initially started working here during Christmas season, while I was a student and they also prepicked me for my practicum. I enjoyed having the opprotunity to work in various areas of law as it helped me familiarize myself with the area I enjoyed the most.

Everyone was friendly
Law Firm
Corporate Commercial Conveyancing Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 15, 2012
Pros: great committees, and many free lunches
Cons: no constructive critisim to impove job performance
Fast paced workplace with extremely high expectations placed upon all employees with very little room for error.