Bennett Jones LLP is a top tier, full service international law firm with offices in Calgary, Toronto, Edmonton, Ottawa, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Doha, Beijing and Washington. We are proud that Bennett Jones was ranked as the 3rd best place to work in Canada in the 2013 “Best Employers in Canada” as well as a "Best Employer in the GTA" in a survey conducted by AON Hewitt. The firm has also been recognized for 2013 as one of "Canada's Top 100 Employers" and as one of "Alberta's Top 60 Employers" in a study conducted by Mediacorp. The firm has been ranked as one of the top places to work in Canada for 11 consecutive years.
We are currently recruiting for the following role in our Edmonton office:
Legal Assistant, Litigation
- Prepare legal documents, dictation, drafting letters, client correspondence
- Document management duties, including filing
- Enter information into Prolaw database
- Provide administrative assistance and general office duties as assigned
- Post secondary education from an accredited Legal Assistant program and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years experience in a legal support position
- Experience with Occupational Health and Safety, an asset
- Proficient with computers, particularly Microsoft Office
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion
- Highly organized and able to prioritize workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- Responds to everyday tasks with little supervision
- A strong team player; demonstration of a positive work ethic
- Ability to multi-task and handle a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants are to apply to:
Bennett Jones Services Limited Partnership
3200 TELUS House, South Tower
10020 – 100th Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 0N3
By no later than April 26, 2013.
Please note that relatives of current employees are not eligible for consideration.
All offers of employment are conditional upon the satisfactory verification of a Canadian criminal record check. Determination of the factors that constitute satisfactory verification is within the sole discretion of Bennett Jones.