Bennett Dunlop Ford Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
PDI Technician/Detailer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK6 July 2017
Typical day included delivering and cleaning vehicles. Polishing, scratch removal, preparing vehicles for the lot. I learned several skills related to detailing, including those mentioned above. Management was fair, and the workplace was fun to be around. Everybody was pretty friendly and lots of help was offered. Hardest part of the job is keeping on task and delivering vehicles on time, the most enjoyable was the sense of community at the dealership.
Pros
Free lunches once a month, lots of social club activities, fully stocked cafe, flexible hours
Cons
communication can be difficult sometimes between departments
14 December 2017

Thanks for the feedback. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your time working at Bennett and that we were able to give you opportunity to learn more about detailing.

We would like to address your concern and would request you email us at hr@dcag.ca to provide us with the best phone number or email address to reach you?

Poor management No future
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK30 April 2017
Promised advancement and kept being told next month or we are too busy to train . So 2 and a half years later still in same position I didn't go to school for. Management does not communicate with each other. They expect a lot out of their employee with no pay reward.
Pros
employee discounts on parts
Cons
No advancement average pay
14 December 2017

Thanks for your feedback. Your comments are well noted and will be passed along to the CEO. Could you please email us at hr@dcag.ca to provide us with the best phone number or email address to contact you?

Great Co-Workers, Ancient management
Sales and Leasing consultant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK6 March 2017
Company has the potential to dominate the region, while being a great place to work. Great community of employees, feels very much like family. Unfortunately a bloated and poorly educated senior management team is holding the business back from properly expanding into the marketplace. The senior management is made up of a group of friends, with few exceptions, no one understands how or why anyone holds the positions they do. Business needs creativity, and a new outlook to keep afloat in such a competitive industry. Luckily the product we sell is excellent, and holds huge amounts of the local market, if we used our methods to sell any other product the business would fail.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
long thankless hours
14 December 2017

We appreciate your feedback. It has been reviewed and passed on to the CEO. Could you please email us at hr@dcag.ca with the best phone number or email address to contact you?

wont let me change - suppose to be 3 star overall . Not the best place
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 June 2016
Days varied on season, come into work 20 minutes prior to start and get ready for the day to come. As customers begin to arrive I help as a liaison between customer and technician the concern and maintenance. While up-selling recommended work to the customer as certain intervals of the vehicles life. Handling anywhere from 10-40 work orders per day, close attention to detail and documentation is key, to ensure the customers concerns and reasons are handle and repaired the first time. Dealing with customer complaints and concerns was also a daily issue as customers are having issues with the vehicle at the most inopportune moments or delivering work the technician found to the customer. Checking parts for customers that are on order or have arrived and calling to inform the customer on a daily basis.

In my time at Ford I was able to learn a many good qualities I will take forward with me such as customer handling from the happy customer to the very irate customer. With a work place of 180 people , to be a good co-worker and help everyone when you can and to work as one unit through the entire dealership, it showed how great a place can be when everyone is working towards the same goals, I learned that teamwork is crucial to succeed and to have everyone reaching and working towards the same goal, amazing things can happen.

The people i worked with were great as we all helped and pushed each other to get to our goals. I truly do care for everyone there, that being said, management for at least in my department (service) it was very much lacking. My direct managers were
  more... junior managers and with that it lacked leadership and work ethic. I felt that below them I was not going to grow as much as i would like and get the guidance I would of liked to better myself and to grow.

Most enjoyable part about my time at Bennett Dunlop Ford was the people by far. My fellow co-workers to the parts department and sales, finance and loyalty were all amazing people. Customer were typically a delight to deal with. Sometime the hardest part was dealing with the technicians in terms of the work, promise time and needs of the customer that would take some time to get the technician to agree to.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Long Hours, poor management.
14 December 2017

We see feedback as a gift and appreciate the time you have taken to provide your comments. Could you provide your best contact detail by emailing us at hr@dcag.ca?

Job was a Meat Grinder
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 May 2016
This Job was just that. A job. Lots of people went in and out and in a small community, the pay was terrible, the management was not always helpful and the people always seemed to fake there smiles. Was not a good environment at that time. hopefully it has improved.
14 December 2017

We take feedback like this very seriously and have passed this along to the CEO. We would appreciate the opportunity to contact you by phone or email. Please contact us at hr@dcag.ca

Everyday flow of my job
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 April 2016
When I arrived at my working place, it is normal to see my deliveries are already came in. one(1) to three(3) cage/s of Ford parts. Everyday just like that but sometimes it was delayed because of weather especially winter season. Receiving of parts, check delivery receipt/invoice or list of parts that came in, then place parts to designated locations. I learned so many things including what parts are look like, the uses of it and the modification. Some co-workers are helping me to put away parts so that it is easy for me to done right away. As for me, my job is so easy. The hardest part of my job is if I am not well, but I need to go to work and do my everyday work.
My most enjoyable part of my job is my time table. I controlled my time. I know when I need to finished my job and before end of my time, I know and make it sure that all well done.
14 December 2017

Thanks for your feedback. We are glad to know you had the opportunity to learn many things during your time here at Bennett. We would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you to discuss further. Please email us at hr@dcag.ca

Great place to learn.
Apprentice Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK2 March 2016
Even though everybody here is on a flat rate system they have set it up in such a way that young apprentices can learn and grow and do well.
14 December 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves in our ability to provide growth and learning opportunities for all our employees. You can contact us at hr@dcag.ca for further comments or questions.

Human Resources

Not too fun of a workplace
Professional Detailer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 February 2015
This job wasnt the best since we were always pushed to do so much in so little time detailing vehicles and we were on a team for team work so if someone didnt do a very good job it would reflect on everyones paycheque.
Cons
Long hours and bad pay
14 December 2017

Thanks for your feedback. We have passed this along to the CEO and we would like to connect with you. Please email us at hr@dcag.ca with your contact details.

Human Resources

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bennett Dunlop Ford. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5