Benjamin Moore Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Pleasant and engaging shifts working with both retail customers and contractors
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 15, 2016
A typical day includes stocking the paint and paint products, tinting paint and filling tinting machines, cleaning and engaging with customers to fulfill their needs through matching colours to their homes and finding the right product for them.

I have learned how to manage my time by working the closing shifts as i am the only worker available to help customers, clean and close the store. During the day, i have learned how to work efficiently with my coworkers to give customers the best paint experience possible.
Fun and relaxed environment yet professional and very knowledgeable people.
Sales Associate and Colour Consultant (Current Employee), Ingersoll, ONMarch 31, 2016
Pros: They worked around me and my schedule-they are very flexible
Cons: worked every weekend
-learned an incredible amount about stain, wallpaper, paint and decorating.
-co workers are amazing who help you when needed
-amazing owner who taught me so much and was very appreciative and worked around me and my school schedule
-I really enjoyed colour consults and working with the people I got to work with
Envy Paint and Design - poor management
Retail Sales/Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 12, 2016
Pros: Vacation time, great customers
Cons: Owners, no benefits
Management and higher ups care very little about their staff. Poor communication to the staff, and didn't receive any benefits during my time there. Low pay, but great customers.
Was alright
Stock Clerk/Paint Maker (Former Employee), 4144 Midland AvenueDecember 1, 2015
As a stock clerk I stocked items in a neat and orderly fashion and took orders to make paint. It was overall an "okay" job but not a job I would like to do for more than a couple months.
Productive and fun workplace.
Sale Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2015
A typical day at work, I would come in and fill up the paint base into the machine. What I've learned is customer service, organizational skills and time management. Because you need to have time management to know what paint you have to mix and help customer at the same time and during that time. You need to have organizational skills so that you don't get confused with orders. The management team was nice and laid back. They were understandable with everyone's situation. The hardest part of the job was that make your you did get right product for right colour so you don't mix wrong colours to the paint base so that doesn't cost our time and the company's time. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching machine shooting the base colour for the colour mix. It was some how relaxing me.
Stay Clear
Territory Representative (Former Employee), Northern AlbertaNovember 10, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: lack of leadership in western canada
Company sends mixed messages, one day your doing great, next day they stab you in the back. No leadership in western Canada, serious lack of communication, NO support for the territory Rep's.
Interior Decorator Residential & Commercial
Interior Decorator (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 15, 2014
 Confident individual with good interpersonal skills
 Positive attitude, reliable and can be counted upon for excellent attendance and punctuality
 Self-motivated and independent
 Willing to work as often as necessary to accommodate the needs of your business
 Experienced in fast pace environments and office settings
 Works well as a part of a team
 Leadership and management experience
 Educated in task planning and problem solving
 Colour Consultations, commercial and residential applications
 Window Treatments, commercial and residential applications
 Provided expert advice and exceptional customer service, promoted and advertised
Amazing Place to work!
Sales / Office Associate (Current Employee), Saint John, NBJune 4, 2014
Everything about this job is incredible from the staff to the hours! To the environment your surrounded by ! Its a work place that actually cares about its customers and staff!
Inviting and friendly environment
Interior Decorator & Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 9, 2014
Pros: benefits for full-time employees, schedule flexibility, nice people to work with
Cons: working weekends and nights, dealing with difficult customers, cannot advance in the company
A typical day consists of reviewing daily cash reports, emails and phone calls,placing inventory orders, answering customer inquiries and offering decorating advice. My co-workers and the contractors that come in are all very friendly and make the work environment enjoyable. The hardest part of my job is dealing the public. Most people are friendly but there are times where an impatient customer can make your day more difficult. But for the most part I end the day feeling good.
Administrative
Sales Associate (Former Employee), ScarboroughApril 30, 2014
Pros: flexible environment
Cons: long hours
- Taking orders over the phone
- Making sure the paint are properly mixed.
- In charge of monthly statements.
- Tracking transfer items.
- Placing paint and accessory orders for the store.
- Other managerial roles.
great work invironment,fun people.a place where you feel you belong
Paint Recovery Specialist (Former Employee), burlington on.February 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches awesome christmass party with lots of prizes to give away
Cons: cleaning paint spills
i cure and hand fill the paint to spec.then sort all old paint to be refurbished.I learned how to mix and mill paint.My co-workers were all very close like a big familly .The hardest part of the job would be cleaning spilled paint.The most enjoyable part of my job is talking with my co-workers we always had interesting stories
Positive family owned business, consistently growing.
Key Holder & Paint Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 1, 2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for Benjamin Moore in the past three years.

A typical day at work for me includes opening the store, preparing the tint machine and computers, and helping customers and contractors. My main duties are to ensure the store is tidy and presentable, stock product and assist customers with color, products, paint, stain and any general inquires they may have.

Management at Benjamin Moore is excellent. I've always received appropriate feedback based on my performance, and always feel appreciated as an employee. They also listen to my concerns and continue to encourage me to further my education.

The hardest part of the job is moving all the paint product around when we decide to remodel the store.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with customers on their big and small projects. I love giving people advice and assurance that they will be happy with the final product.
a
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 28, 2013
retail store
busy environment
lots of time spent with customers
Very inviting worklace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Mount Albert, ONMarch 7, 2013
Management was great
Co-workers were great
I learned a lot about paint
A fun and yet professional environment to work. A company with great culture and values that promotes a work/life balance.
Financial Analyst and Co-ownership Accountant (Current Employee), Vaughan, OntarioFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: subsidized lunches, flexible hours with the possibility to work from home if needed
Cons: the potential to learn new stuff has lately been reduced.
It is a friendly and yet professional environment to work in.Throughout the years of experience at Benjamin Moore, I have learned a lot and developed skills through hands on experience in different finance and accounting areas. I worked with very kind and helpful staff who wouldn't miss a chance to share their knowledge and expertise. During business trips away from home, we developed strong friendship and partnerships. The management was offering direction and help while leaving room for each one's individual and personal input.
Review
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCAugust 9, 2012
Pros: flexible vacation time
Cons: negative atmosphere
First thing in the a.m. pallets of paint may arrive,if it is not busy with customers we start to verify,unload and put away the product. The phone is usually ringing and someone will rush to answer it. The call is either for the Decorator , a phone order or a problem. The call is either transferred, resolved or the order prepared. If it's an order, the paint is pulled from the shelf, tinted, shaken and boxed ready for pick up. The door alarm will ding signifying a customer entering the store. Since we are a high end store we require a great deal of knowledge re products and application. A typical customer wants help choosing colours, picking the best product for the job and a lower price than we offer!The best part of the job is picking colours that make the client's home a showplace or a zen place, whichever look they are after. The hardest part is continual heavy lifting and standing on cement floors all day.
bonne avis c etait une tres bonne entreprise ou travailler
Ligne de remplissage (Former Employee), Montreal-nord, QCFebruary 19, 2016
Pros: bonne condtions, tres respectueux de leurs employé(e)s
Cons: La manufacture a fermé
C'était très bien j'ai appris beaucoup, ils m'ont fait suivre la formation pour conduire les chariots-élévateur. La manufacture etait tres bien géré avec un tres grand respect pour les empoyés, nous étions pas syndiqué mais c'était tout comme sans les frais du syndicat. Nous avions beaucoup de formations sur la santé et sécurité. Les patrons était très positif, nous avions une belle ambiance de travail.
Ambiance de travail compétitif
Commis peinture - décoratrice (Former Employee), Ste-JulieJuly 5, 2012
Pros: amélioration de ma créativité
Cons: hypocrésie et jalousie
Journée typique : Préparation du matériel
Opportunités de développement : j'ai pu développer énormément ma création mon imagination.
Le management : Difficile mais possible.