Benefit Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Fun Environment
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  LisburnMay 7, 2016
Interaction with eclectic people, courteous co workers and encouraging management, discounts and access to new releases before customers. commission on products.
Pros and cons
Aesthetician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2016
While the general idea of benefit is to promote a "girlfriend" experience it is often a Mean Girls environment with obvious favoritism and often encourages a competitive vs team atmosphere.
Employees in equal positions are not all held accountable the same way, tips are not always paid in a timely manner and advancement is difficult.
However the base pay and product commission is Standard and the gratis program allows you to try the products which do what they say they will and are affordable to most customers.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
No work/life balance, unprofessional employees, favortism
lovely staff
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  LondonApril 12, 2016
lovely staff on my team - bad management - i was promised more than i received and i was falsely made to think that working in this environment will allow for me to progress quickly.
fun work environment
Benefit Brand expert (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2016
benefit is one of the most amazing and fun brands to work for that is out there! they sincerely believe in laughter being the best cosmetic!
Pros
great hours
Cons
growth and health care
Lively, busy and productive
Beauty Adviser (Current Employee) –  LondonMarch 13, 2016
I enjoy working as part of a team, my day is always busy and I enjoy communicating and mixing with clients. I have learned to apply enhancing cosmetics and making the most of clients individual features.
good company
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bury St. EdmundsMarch 6, 2016
i enjoy my job with benefit costmetics, its hard work, busy and can be fun. made loads of friends, learnt new skills, there's lots of perks working for the company.
Sales sales saless!!
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  LondonMarch 2, 2016
A typical day involves approaching everyone and anyone to buy products. Targets were always set ridiculously high. Management are awful and really dont care about their employees. Extremely high turnover. Only good thing was the pay and commission.
Pros
Pay
Amazing but...
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-TeesFebruary 27, 2016
I worked for Benefit for a few months. Loved it so much. Cannot honestly tell you anything other than the job is so fun, productive and worth while. I have not worked in a job where I loved every second working. I am not kidding you. My area manager at the time was super supportive and adorable, she had know traffic stopping was something I was afraid of and helped me tackle that down.
However, I had some random tiffs with my colleague (account manager & a consultant) and I ended up losing my job and suffered few weeks being depressed.
I had received information from a colleague who has moved to another store that the account manager had treated her exactly how I was treated and that a lot of the benegirls dont seem to get a long with her. Nevertheless, I had re applied to every benefit job that had been going around in my area and not even one look. It's as if the new area manager is not even considering my application. I was fine with the other girl i was working with at the job, i had always been working on my own never with other people unless weekend and i find it pretty unfair that a harsh judgement was made.
I was good at the job and made many customers come back and buy more and been honest throughout my job, but it really seems none of that matters.
I have tried to find a contact email for the area manager but i cannot, simply to get feedback why my application is constantly being unsuccessful as i really wanted to work with benefit again. I really loved my job.

Other than that the job itself is super fun and easy. I loved every second of it and surely you will
  more... too. Just be wary that beauty has catty moment, even the people who you think have your back done actually have you back. Be yourself and rely only yourself, you will love your job loads just as i did.  less
Pros
you get the products that come to release
Cons
catty workers. Area manager left at my time and organisation in my work place fell through.
High pressured
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  CanterburyFebruary 26, 2016
Although there are many perks of working for Benefit, such as free products and good commission, it can be a very stressful company to work for. The brand can sometimes have very unrealistic expectations of their employees. The staff turnover is very high, however, because of this it means you can progress very quickly!
Pros
Free makeup, good commission
Cons
stressful
Lots of perks! Fun environment, fast paced, and you never know what to expect
Arch Expert/ Esthetician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 26, 2016
A typical day at work consists of me setting up my work station to standard, checking the appointment book so that I am aware of my appointments and break period. During down time I call to confirm appointments for the following day, restock waxing supplies, restock products on the sales fixture, cut muslin, and traffic stop potential clients. When business picks up my objectives are to deliver a 20 minute brow service, which includes the consult, brow mapping, laying the wax, selling product, styling the brow /retouch the clients makeup and rebooking. About mid day I take my break for 1 hour and return to the fore mentioned. By the end of the night I begin gathering all my paperwork together, record my daily sales and services and clean/sanitize my area for the next day. I Spend 6 to 8 hours on feet daily, Work weekends, work until 7pm or 8pm sometimes later if busy. Like most customer service related jobs you run into a customer that is hard to please. Otherwise not a bad job, meet new people ever day, you talk a lot when educating your clients on products. Very girlie, youthful environment, retro packaging and irreverent names for products make it a fun line to work for.
Pros
Sick Pay, 1 hour breaks, Good Tips, Gratis twice a year, Surprise from the company on your birthday!
Cons
Work weekends, stand on feet all day, must be a pro at multitasking.
fun to make someone feel pretty
Santa Rosa- Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAFebruary 23, 2016
Its like a roller coaster, I love that I got a chance to explore a whole new workforce experience.I wouldn't of thought that i would like to make cosmetology as a life career.
Makeup Heaven
Role - Beauty Consultant/Make-Up Artist (Current Employee) –  LiverpoolFebruary 10, 2016
Working in the makeup/beauty industry is such a lovely job, meeting and seeing new faces each and every day. It is amazing to make someone up and to see there reaction to when you do all there makeup it is priceless and such heartwarming to see and hear peoples reactions, it makes my job the best ever! Making peoples day makes my own day 1000 times better, it is such a blessing.
Productive workplace
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  GlasgowJanuary 28, 2016
I was a Christmas temp and it was pointless as they were over staffed. Got to carry out some make up appointments. I met targets when needed.Didn't get treated as part of team. Wouldn't work for this complaint again.
Amazing company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  NE, ENGDecember 23, 2015
Look after there staff and excellent working ethic, excellent benefits and great products.Highly recommend especially to people wanting to get into the cosmetics industry.
Fun work place
Brow Bar expert (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENGDecember 4, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Opportunities to move up within the company and develop new skills. High targets but this is expected in the cosmetic and sales industry.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Targets
Fun
Sales Assistant/make up artist (Former Employee) –  CroydonNovember 30, 2015
Thoroughly enjoyable company to work for, although you are pushed to complete sales it works out better for you as you get commission! Over all very fun and enjoyable.
beauty Adviser and beauty consultant.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CANovember 24, 2015
Which women doesn't love makeup not me. I loved making women more beautiful then what they're. I used to sell beauty products and beauty consolations (makeovers). We had sell goals which wasn't hard to accomplish due to my amazing sales skills. when I worked here it didn't feel like working at all. Unfortunately some people don't work well with other and want to make sales to get there bonus.
Pros
bonus
Cons
not enough hours
Mobile Artist (Former Employee) –  London, ENGNovember 9, 2015
Being a mobile artist, it is a lot of own management. The company will book you to one location, then on the day, changes your location.
Otherwise, it is flexible and easy working as mobile artist.
Pros
samples
Cons
changes, and earning retail wages
Productive and fun work place with a lot of make up
Beauty Advisor, March (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 14, 2015
This job was so much fun and allowed me to work on my passion, which is make up. Getting to interact with customers and help them feel better about themselves was amazing. Loved this job
great place to work but not for long-term.
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAOctober 14, 2015
I enjoyed my co workers and the pay was great. They expect a lot out of their employees. The hardest part of the job was being on your feet all day and being able to get time off.
Pros
co-workers, culture, fun, room for growth
Cons
hard to get time off, no work/life balance, long days, management