Benefit Cosmetics Employee Reviews

poor management
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom17 February 2017
traffic stopping constantly
no way to progress
only care about average sale , unit sales not about their staff
if your higher up in the company its great get treated fab if your not you get treated not as great
Pros
allocation
Cons
management
productive and fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire6 February 2017
Working for Benefit Cosmetics was a fun way of working, everyone who you work with are so bubbly and friendly. Good team work is there, everyone is so passionate about the job and thats what then motivates you in everyday life and makes you feel good about yourself. All the Benefit team are so welcoming and polite, never will you ever feel left out you will be apart of the team no matter what and also if i was a customer i love the fact that Benefit sales assistants have time for the customers and let them take a seat and try different products on. I would 100% someone to work for Benefit Cosmetics.
Great
Brow expert (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW chatswood5 February 2017
We can wear flowers to wigs. We can mix around the products to create more products. I learnt how to be with each and every client, non everyone is the same.
Pros
Freebies and play with make up
Cons
standing for long hours
Got out of there quick
Brow Arch Expert (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA25 January 2017
Was really unhappy with uppermanagement. Their stress trickled down to everyone and it was very obvious.

The fact that they don't allow credit card tips affects possible income quite a bit.
Pros
Free make up
Cons
Sales goals are hard to meet in macys stores which are failing.
No support
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 January 2017
Management doesn't have your back. Major disappointment as I was really excited when I got the job. Pay isn't so bad but management ruins it all
Pros
n/a
Cons
look afte
fun but hard management
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset19 January 2017
The makeup side of the job and interacting with the customers is the best part of the job, however the management and the way the company treat you in general is bad. They are ungrateful if you go above and beyond, the targets set are sometimes very unreasonable considering I am an extremely hard worker and love to achieve my targets
Pros
Sometimes free makeup not very often though
Cons
Management are awful
Sales & promotions
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire17 January 2017
A great starting point to gain experience in sales & dealing with the general public
The hardest part was that you are managed by both benefit & boots ... also a very pushy sales
Pros
Discount on make up £ 2% commision
Cons
Long hours - late nights & weekends Bank Holidays
Quite, Busy, Stressfull, Harsh, Competative
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester15 January 2017
No time for a life outside of work.
Rude management.
Pressure to sell sell sell and hit targets.
Long Hours.
You basically answer to everyone you work with.
Productive & fun
Aesthetician/ Brow Expert (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FL3 January 2017
Fun & Upbeat cosmetics company to work for... would've prefer Full time vs Part time. To qualify for all the perks in health benefits paid vacations & Holidays. As a part timer it isn't as beneficial to work every weekend Friday-Monday and not get full benefits.
Pros
1 hour break & gratis twice a year! Bday gift card
Cons
Part time, daily Paper work
Learnt a lot, fun and creative work place
Second in charge/retail assistant/counter manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Australia30 December 2016
I adored working for Benefit. I learnt a lot about working in a large company and with a lot of different people from all over the world. Benefit also taught me a lot about understand my customers. I managed a Benefit counter for 2 months which taught me a lot about business processes such as rostering and business figures. Working there was always fun and exciting and Benefit loved being cheeky and different.
Pros
Free goods, great staff
Not the best
Arch Expert (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA29 December 2016
Made a mistake leaving an old job. Was told of full time hours. Hours are constantly being cut. No advancement. I applied for a management position with all my many years of managing and supervising, I wasn't good enough.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Pay and hourly cuts
Awesome Company to work for
Retail Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA21 December 2016
I loved working for Benefit Cosmetics.Benefit offers great training and supports their employees . I was able to develop a great skill set,that helped me to grow my own business and help others grow.
.Brow Bar Expert
Brow Bar Expert (Former Employee) –  Clapham Junction, Greater London13 December 2016
Carrying out beauty treatments for customers, providing consultations for makeup and makeup application too.

Upselling products

Time Management

Customer Loyalty
Pros
meeting new customers
Fun Atmosphere
Lead Sales Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CA12 December 2016
Benefit Cosmetics is a great place to start your Esthetics career. It is very retail driven so make sure that you are comfortable with sales because that is more important than providing waxing services! Fun place to work but you work a lot and the management isn't very successful..
Pros
Walk in clientele
Cons
In the middle of a department store, no privacy for clients!
Love this company
Arch Expert (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA2 December 2016
I worked for a benefit brow bar in Ulta. I loved it. Pay was great. Management was great. And trainings were amazing. I highly recommend anyone that's into helping people and making money apply
Fun, creative, and positive place to work.
Boutique Proprietor (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CA29 November 2016
Benefit Cosmetics is a fun, creative, and inspiring atmosphere in which to work. I am constantly being motivated to do better and to grow, and the company compensates its employees well. I thoroughly enjoy the interaction I have with my clients and getting to know them personally through product interaction and salon services. The most challenging aspect of my job includes thinking of innovative ways to grow our business, but I have a lot of freedom in the manner in which I can network and gain additional clientele.
Pros
Compensation, benefits, work-life balance
currently
brow expert (Current Employee) –  UK24 November 2016
A typical day at work is usually quite. I've learnt in my current job I have, that traffic stopping doesn't work if nobody visits the store. Unfortunately I have no say in how we market and advertise ourselves and management are happy to continue,
There is a lot of management with strong personal friendship/relationship with colleague's on shop floor which is very off putting and not a great environment to work in I'm afraid.
The best part of the job is making a customers day, something brought or not! I love it
And the hardest is standing around waiting for customers and having an unprofessional manager.. its not great.
A fun company to work for!!!
Aesthetician (Current Employee) –  FL18 November 2016
I enjoyed working for Benefit. You get a lot of great perks. Management is understanding and easy to work with. Clients are easy going. Really no complaints.
Pros
makeup
Cons
hours
Vibrant work environment with a fun twist
Boutique Proprietor (Former Employee) –  New Canaan, CT15 November 2016
Benefit cosmetics takes your typical cosmetic brand it turns it on its side. A sales focused make-up and skin care brand with the addition of esthetic services, Benefit boutiques bring estheticians and make up artists together in an up beat and creative atmosphere.
Always fun & flexible
Freelance Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL14 November 2016
I love working for the company as a freelance artist, it gives me the flexibility to balance home and work life without taking up to much time from the other. As a freelance you don't get mich benefits but pay is good, and it is fun!