Benefit Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Fun vibrant place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boots Glasgow fortJuly 19, 2016
Great if you have a passion for make up and like being up to date and on trend with latest looks and products.
Management are lovely and available to talk to when needed, boots management and staff are equally as lovely really nice friendly atmosphere.
Pros
Discount on products
Cons
Some floorwalking sales required
Fun work place
Brow Expert (Former Employee) –  Oxford StreetJuly 12, 2016
- Happy fun motivated day at work
- Learnt many things e.g how customers prefer their makeup.
- Management is excellent
- Co-workers are very fun to work with
-Having three customers all waiting for you to wax or tint and more than happy to wait for my service
- Feedback from customers
Pros
New launchs includes new uniform
Cons
N/A
Great experience, lovely people
4Days Part Time (Former Employee) –  WestfieldJuly 9, 2016
Learnt a lot, was a great experience. Managers were lovely was able to interact with all the customers with great confidence.
Horrible place to work
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  GlasgowJuly 6, 2016
Most people see this counter as a way to get into working in beauty that's why there's such a high staff turnover most don't even last six months to a year.

Job security is not even a thing with benefit and they make out like advancement is a big thing and easy but most end up leaving and getting a new job because it never goes anywhere.

Management are horrible. They focus only on negatives then pretend to encourage you but they put you down in a round about way. They chop and change everyone's days off and shift times and dont let you know its been changed then get mad when you don't check the rota every single day. Staff including management can be very two faced and catty.

All beauty counters are pushy but benefit takes it to a whole new level. You have to traffic stop(try to bring people back to the counter) until you are about to get someone back and I was told not to ask if they want their make up done just to tell them and put my hand on their back to guide them to the counter which in my opinion is ridiculous and most customers don't respond well to this.

Overall it's just a terrible place to work.
I know at least 6 people who have worked for this company and they have all had the same experience. They all say it's horrible and would never go back.
Pros
£150 allocation twice a year
Cons
Management, treatment of staff, overly pushy, negative attitudes, rotas, holidays, no security
fun and high energy
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  NottinghamJune 27, 2016
Very fun girly job, very high energy which can be draining at times. I worked part-time whilst studying and as a part time job it is stressful, as you have targets to work towards and it is a competitive work place. But if you're a confident individual, who loves makeup and challenge this job will be perfect for you.
Pros
Good salary, lots of make-over fun
Cons
stressful enviroment
security
part time Benefit Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oxford StreetJune 27, 2016
if wanting to enter the beauty industry Benefit is the right way forward as it is such a competitive hard selling company other make up companies acknowledge the skills you gain from there
Pros
skills learnt
Cons
need to be able to sell
Fun workplace
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  LondonJune 27, 2016
Fun workplace, average day consists of advising customers on beauty purchases, doing customers makeup, and aiming to meet sales targets.

The job is fun, however it can sometimes feel slightly pushy in order to generate sales
interesting and hard working
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stratford StationJune 23, 2016
you have to be very hardworking, use target based schedules whereby you need to hit your target weekly, monthly compare the year to date. furthermore, it was a competitive environment to work in.
Competitive and fun work environoment
Freelance Make- up Artist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 15, 2016
Working for Benefit was awesome! If you love the brand and the products you believe in them and work becomes your play ground! Of course there are goals that need to be met and there were times that I would have to really WORK to make those goals, but that is with any brand or company that strives for the best and wants to continue to stay relevant in a very competitive market! Working with other Bebe-babes was always fun, sometimes challenging but none the less worth every minute of the experience. Best part of this job is helping women feel better about themselves and feel prettier. The gratis is pretty awesome too!
Pros
awesome gratis, meeting other bene-babes
Cons
competitive, challenging goals
Benefit Review
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  BrightonJune 15, 2016
A typical day at benefit would start with a manager doing set up sheet which you tell us are daily targets and weekly targets. After we would go around the store connecting with customers to get the to sit down and do full makeover on them. we would go through the products and find the perfect products for them. you would in a team of six and i have learned how to be work with a large team successfully and brilliant customer service. the hardest part of my job is i dont feel like im being pushed enough and want to further my career. the most enjoyable part is interacting with customers and doing their makup.
Pros
experince/customer interacting/ applying makeup
Cons
weekends/rota change/late nights
Not the place to be
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 9, 2016
It is a toxic environment, french driven management.
Not too much room to grow if you are in middle level management.

Most people will not stay for more than 2 years.
Exciting
Counter Manager and Brow bar Ambassador (trainer) (Current Employee) –  Waterford city, County WaterfordJune 7, 2016
benefit gives great opportunities to all it's staff to develop and improve their skills and expertise. I have learned numerous things throughout my time here. I have worked my way up through the company and have experienced the company in both Belfast City and Waterford City. I mostly enjoy dealing with new customers and building great rapport with regulars. I love working in a team while being more than capable of working individually. Having responsibilities and meeting targets excite me.
On your feet, get up and go!
Beauty Artist/Advisor (Former Employee) –  SheffieldMay 19, 2016
Rush rush rush company, however fantastic training always eager to progress you further. Lovely help when needed, You have to have a lot of energy to work for this company. they are what have made me so hungry for sales as i am today! so if you want to be sales thirsty this is the company to get you going.
Fun Environment
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  LisburnMay 7, 2016
Interaction with eclectic people, courteous co workers and encouraging management, discounts and access to new releases before customers. commission on products.
Pros and cons
Aesthetician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2016
While the general idea of benefit is to promote a "girlfriend" experience it is often a Mean Girls environment with obvious favoritism and often encourages a competitive vs team atmosphere.
Employees in equal positions are not all held accountable the same way, tips are not always paid in a timely manner and advancement is difficult.
However the base pay and product commission is Standard and the gratis program allows you to try the products which do what they say they will and are affordable to most customers.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
No work/life balance, unprofessional employees, favortism
lovely staff
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  LondonApril 12, 2016
lovely staff on my team - bad management - i was promised more than i received and i was falsely made to think that working in this environment will allow for me to progress quickly.
fun work environment
Benefit Brand expert (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2016
benefit is one of the most amazing and fun brands to work for that is out there! they sincerely believe in laughter being the best cosmetic!
Pros
great hours
Cons
growth and health care
Lively, busy and productive
Beauty Adviser (Current Employee) –  LondonMarch 13, 2016
I enjoy working as part of a team, my day is always busy and I enjoy communicating and mixing with clients. I have learned to apply enhancing cosmetics and making the most of clients individual features.
good company
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bury St. EdmundsMarch 6, 2016
i enjoy my job with benefit costmetics, its hard work, busy and can be fun. made loads of friends, learnt new skills, there's lots of perks working for the company.
Sales sales saless!!
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  LondonMarch 2, 2016
A typical day involves approaching everyone and anyone to buy products. Targets were always set ridiculously high. Management are awful and really dont care about their employees. Extremely high turnover. Only good thing was the pay and commission.
Pros
Pay