Benefit Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Fun, creative, and positive place to work.
Boutique Proprietor (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CA29 November 2016
Benefit Cosmetics is a fun, creative, and inspiring atmosphere in which to work. I am constantly being motivated to do better and to grow, and the company compensates its employees well. I thoroughly enjoy the interaction I have with my clients and getting to know them personally through product interaction and salon services. The most challenging aspect of my job includes thinking of innovative ways to grow our business, but I have a lot of freedom in the manner in which I can network and gain additional clientele.
Pros
Compensation, benefits, work-life balance
currently
brow expert (Current Employee) –  UK24 November 2016
A typical day at work is usually quite. I've learnt in my current job I have, that traffic stopping doesn't work if nobody visits the store. Unfortunately I have no say in how we market and advertise ourselves and management are happy to continue,
There is a lot of management with strong personal friendship/relationship with colleague's on shop floor which is very off putting and not a great environment to work in I'm afraid.
The best part of the job is making a customers day, something brought or not! I love it
And the hardest is standing around waiting for customers and having an unprofessional manager.. its not great.
A fun company to work for!!!
Aesthetician (Current Employee) –  FL18 November 2016
I enjoyed working for Benefit. You get a lot of great perks. Management is understanding and easy to work with. Clients are easy going. Really no complaints.
Pros
makeup
Cons
hours
Vibrant work environment with a fun twist
Boutique Proprietor (Former Employee) –  New Canaan, CT15 November 2016
Benefit cosmetics takes your typical cosmetic brand it turns it on its side. A sales focused make-up and skin care brand with the addition of esthetic services, Benefit boutiques bring estheticians and make up artists together in an up beat and creative atmosphere.
Always fun & flexible
Freelance Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL14 November 2016
I love working for the company as a freelance artist, it gives me the flexibility to balance home and work life without taking up to much time from the other. As a freelance you don't get mich benefits but pay is good, and it is fun!
amazing place to work
Supervisor/Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street14 November 2016
loved my year at Benefit met some amazing girls who I know I will be friends with for life! really good company to work for with amazing free bees! However, there was a lot of pressure at times with hitting daily targets etc.
Pros
free makeup allocation
Cons
long hours if full time
Free Make-up
Aesthetician (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZ14 November 2016
No work life balance, unprofessional co-workers. Not a very healthy environment, to they ask a lot from you even if your producing. Free make-up is the best part.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No work life balance
Hard work
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Reading9 November 2016
its good to get started with your career but if youre looking to develop and move up you may wish to look else where. its not a half hearted job, and requires a lot of commitment and time.
Upbeat environment with a great pay. Working as a cosmetologist be prepared to have no life outside of work. Long work hours.
Lead Sales Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Montclair, CA4 November 2016
The company has a fun and bright feel. The pay and gratis is a huge plus. The hours can be long for full time or lead positions. Management can make the work experience either amazing or a bit stressful. But the company has a great formula for success.
Pros
High pay, gratis, fun company
Cons
Management, long hours, stressful
Good progression and approchable managers
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh16 October 2016
Benefit is a good company for progression and is a very enjoyable work place. Everyone is one big team and all support each other.
Pros
Free products, good working hours
A great place to learn
Retail Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA13 October 2016
During my time at Benefit, I learned a lot about how to launch new products, sustaining product awareness & launching brow services in new retail environments.
really fun
Benefit Arch Expert (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TX12 October 2016
I love this job and interacting with guest on the daily basis my co-worker and manager were so supporting
Benefit is a fun company to work for and there are always opportunities to move up.
work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds7 October 2016
i loved my time at black pearl the team was friendlty and they take care of their staff i loved been on the phone as i love talking to customers
Pros
lunch
Cons
hyours
Extremely fun relaxed vibe
beauty consultant (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal5 October 2016
The brand is fabulous. Recruiting new customers constantly is a challenge everyday. Dressing up funky, chilled and relaxed is a bonus.
Pros
Incentives
n/a
Lead Sales Aesthetician & Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CA28 September 2016
Its a fun energetic company to work for. I loved the full body waxing and the constant movement you could make within the company.
place of work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bristol21 September 2016
• Greeting /assisting customers
•Staying up-to-date with the company/customer promotions and expectations.
•Working as a team as well as on my own.
•Maintaining organised and clear working space.
•Dealing with complaints
•Admin
•Answering/making calls.
• Dealing with delivery and stock at upkeep.
• Cash handling.
Average workplace
Make-up Artist (Current Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City3 August 2016
The first few months at benefit was enjoyable, but after finding out my probation was 6 months and not being able to be offered full time it was time i felt like i wen ton my own way.
informative
airport, Beauty advisor and brow expert (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland21 July 2016
it was a greatly challenging and informative roll helping me determine how i would like to move in my career in the future. it made me take initiative when working and to not rely on people too much.
Fun vibrant place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boots Glasgow fort19 July 2016
Great if you have a passion for make up and like being up to date and on trend with latest looks and products.
Management are lovely and available to talk to when needed, boots management and staff are equally as lovely really nice friendly atmosphere.
Pros
Discount on products
Cons
Some floorwalking sales required
Fun work place
Brow Expert (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street12 July 2016
- Happy fun motivated day at work
- Learnt many things e.g how customers prefer their makeup.
- Management is excellent
- Co-workers are very fun to work with
-Having three customers all waiting for you to wax or tint and more than happy to wait for my service
- Feedback from customers
Pros
New launchs includes new uniform
Cons
N/A