Benefit Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Productive and Motivational Company
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MI17 May 2017
This is an amazing company to work for. I'm extremely supported at every location I travel to and my advice is taken into account. Wonderful management team
Fun workplace
Make up consultant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 May 2017
Was fun working with people and meeting new people, seeing the smiles on their faces when they left the shop made my day, having to listen to their stories and advise where I could was also very nice..I like working with people and making them feel better about themselves.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Salary
no discount but fun training
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  london15 May 2017
I really enjoyed my time here at Benefit, the area managers were always so helpful and the training was always fun and exciting! only thing I hated was when the managers came in for the day and you felt so pressured to push for sales!
Fun workplace but challenging goals
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tempest, Omagh14 May 2017
Fun place to work and lovely team members. Although daily money targets were sometimes difficult to reach due to high targets and low footfall in the store. Great brand, great training, great opportunities for advancing with the company, loyal management and very professional. Loved it here!
Pros
Staff discount within the whole store, great co workers
Cons
High targets to meet
Fun and Friendly
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami9 May 2017
Responsible for achieving sales targets while promoting brand image, responsible for the achievement of retail objectives in store, lead and supported team by setting the ultimate example, maximized on all sales opportunities and ensured the team provided the best customer service and shopping experience possible.
cosmetics consultant
Cosmetics Consultant (Current Employee) –  Llandudno9 May 2017
I am a part time cosmetics consultant.
The job is heavily based on targets and selling.
I have a 'MAGIC FORMULA' that is my step by step with every customer to ensure we are consistent and that every customer receives the Benefit Experience.

I have a daily target,
a monthly target,
a monthly review to ensure I am hitting my KPI's
I enjoy sitting down a customer and them leaving happy and knowing I have done my job well, especially if they have bought all the products I have put on them
Pros
discount and working with makeup
Cons
not flexible at all
Friendly Staff
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 May 2017
I have enjoyed working here, it has wonderful benefits. The training is amazing. They really look after their own. Its very creative and its lovely making customers feel great.
Fun, interactive, supportive company!
Arch Expert (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO2 May 2017
I worked with Benefit thru Ulta at the Benefit Brow Bar. I really enjoyed the job on the whole. I'd only been out of school a few years, when I started with the company. I learned a lot about myself and how to interact with all types of people. I loved the products, the training, the support of the RAM. It's fun and upbeat, if you work the business like it's basically laid out to do-you will build a clientele and make money. I was fortunate to have great management, who were very supportive and encouraging, even when I left to expand my career. I enjoyed the activity around the brow bar with other employees and customers that came into ULTA.

The hardest part of the job was probably the ever increasing sales goals, without commission. But overall a great place to start out because you are doing services, retail sales and customer service all at the same time. Plus who doesn't like to play with makeup and help people have amazing brows!
Pros
Walk in traffic, training and management support, gratis, positivity, fun and innovative products
Cons
increasing sales goals without commission
Product
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX28 April 2017
Great company and culture. Work life balance is VERY strong and FUN is incorporated into everything you do. The products are fantastic and the social media presence makes it easy to sell.
Pros
Culture and Brand
Benebabe for LIFE
EDUCATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX16 April 2017
I love this company, because they are fun and you get to express yourself freely. I feel lots of love and support from my management and there are always possibility of advancement.
low pay
Brow Expert (Former Employee) –  London, UK11 April 2017
very hard work with very low low pay and very low management pay can be very hard to traffic stop every customer and this is what they expect even if its standing outside in the rain! overall very hard company to work for
pretty decent
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NY28 March 2017
i work 5 days a week at benefit cosmetics at Macy's Herald Sq 34 st.
I've learned how to build client books and talking to the customers and getting them to know more about our products.
Good
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire22 March 2017
I enjoy my job at Benefit Cosmetics, however in the store I work in it has low customer footfall therefore making it difficult to get sales which is quite stressful.
Pros
Good Money
Great opportunity
Retail Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO20 March 2017
This was the company that got me to learn what I was capable of doing. I was able to learn how manage, train, educate, work with management, travel, and to be a great regional manager. It showed me what I loved to do.
Would not recommend
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Berkshire18 March 2017
The only thing i enjoyed about this job was getting to interact with lots of different types of people and make them feel good about themselves. I genuienly loved doing make up which i studied at college.

Working for Benefit changed my whole perspective on pursuing make up professionally. The management from store all the way up to area manager were bullies and if you didn't have a tan and brown hair your weren't a benefit girl. There was a culture of bulling and intimidation.

While I was at a training event we were told by the head trainer of the company. "Benefit don't employ unattractive people, fundamentally they just can't sell makeup" I believe this says a lot about their ethics as a company.

I would not recommend anyone to work for them. The pay is minimum wage most of the time regardless of experience.
Nice and fun brand
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 March 2017
Everyone on a benefit counter is always super friendly and eager to help. You will always receive a friendly smile from staff. The team is small in each counter, but perfect size for getting to know everyone.
Pros
free products
Cons
pay
Fun customer service, travel and product knowlage
Freelance Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA15 March 2017
This was a fun experience which I had the opprotunity to freelance in various places in the greater Seattle area where Benefit Cosmetics were sold. I had a sales goal at each location which was fun to challange. I met alot of people and got to travel around the city. Some sales goals were difficult to make due to lack of customers. That was the primary reason I was directed to a location was to boost sales persay or take part in a trade show.
Pros
Traveling and meeting people/product knowlage
Cons
The job security was poor
Good
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom13 March 2017
Good company to work for, benefits include allocation for makeup, wage dependant on store you work in. Lots of traffic stopping and high targets. Good training.
Proactive and Creative
Beauty Advisor and Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Blanchardstown, County Dublin8 March 2017
Benefit a proactive and creative workplace. A focus on the creative and monetary side of the beauty industry. A sales role with a customer service appeal.
Brows
Brow Expert/ Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NY7 March 2017
I enjoyed working at benefits. I learned to work with kinds of brows. i was even taught how to wax, tweeze and draw in the perfect brow the client desired.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benefit Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.