Benefit Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Literally the most amazing company anyone could be a part of.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO +200 miles radius10 August 2017
It's a family not colleagues. Great management and great corp leaders. It really is family. They always give recognition and give you all the tools you need to be successful
Pros
Cons
Must be able to adapt to quick changes
The most fun!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR9 August 2017
Passionate about their products and amazing training! It's upbeat, fun and the customers are the icing on the cake! And not to mention the cutest packaging
Pros
Fun, fast environment, makeup and customer connections
Cons
Need more boutiques!
Not the best
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 August 2017
Too hard driven.
Its all about how much you sell not what the customer wants.
Manager was pushy and unsupportive of outside of work life.
Worked every weekend with no weekend off unless holiday.
Pros
commission
Cons
unsociable hours, too pushy
Makeup Artist
Beauty Advisor/Makeup ArtistBeauty advisor (Current Employee) –  SoHo, NY3 August 2017
• Makeup Consultations.
• Keep track of all inventory while ordering any inventory needed in the store.
• Verify and separate all damaged and returned merchandise from customers and properly document damaged and returned items for loss prevention purposes.
• Build and keep very close relationship with customers by providing full individual customer service experience
• Promote store events, Greet and educate customers of the Benefit products and any special offers such as limited items and pre-sale upcoming merchandise.
Pros
Amazing Company
Cons
Wish we had more color to play with
productive and fun work place
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bristol1 August 2017
A fun and fast paced place to work. Lots of great perks including gratis when new products are launched. Great discounts of products and a friendly environment to work in.
Retail Life
Freelance Makeup Artist/ Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CA31 July 2017
As a Freelance artist, I go into stores to bring more light to the Benefit Cosmetics products, I am there to bring more business to the brand.It helps to know the products and which ones compliment each other to help up-sell. Benefit is a fun cosmetic brand that likes to bring the party and that keeps the energy of selling more enjoyable for you and the customers. One thing that may make the job difficult, is having a slow day and not having customers to show the products. Other than that, the atmosphere and the people are pleasant to work with.
Pros
working with makeup
Cons
sell, sell, sell
Awesome
Senior Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA26 July 2017
Good team, good culture, good company to work for.
Good perks, good work/life balance.
Fast-paced, fast growing company. Fun environment, office location is good.
Beauty advisor
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CA17 July 2017
Really fun job if you're into makeup and a great seller! It's a fast paced working environment and also occasionally slow so you really have to know how to sell even on a slow day.
I loved working with makeup at Benefit cosmetics. It was a massive family and I felt so welcomed.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire14 July 2017
I loved working there as I was working as part of a huge family. The first time I met my manager she loved my natural makeup so much that she offered me the job about an hour later. I have never felt so confident in myself in a working environment. Just being able to be myself and show people my skills in makeup and how I have a pure passion to please people and help them reach their goal. Doing makeovers was definitely the highlight of my job- seeing people's expressions after doing their eyebrows or after doing a full face of makeup and them underestimating how beautiful they are just added a new spark into my life. This helped my normal life as well - with people complimenting my new makeup tricks inside and outside of work.
Pros
Uniform and ability to speak to other departments such as Clarins for face tips
Cons
No cons
Well paid but repetative
Brow Expert (Current Employee) –  St David's13 July 2017
For the job you're doing i would say it is well paid, however it can become very draining and you're expected to do alot in a short space of time. Very different to working in a salon although both are appointment and service based.
Pros
salary
Cons
retail hours, working every weekend, repetitive, limited opportunity for progression

Want to know more about Benefit Cosmetics?

Ask a question
Horrible!
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow2 July 2017
The only thing keeping everyone going, is the people you work with. They are the most amazing people who never get enough credit for all of their hard work but rather they have to face unnecessary drama. Management is horrible, and use bullying tactics to 'help' employees reach their targets- which are ridiculous themselves. Great stepping stone to intorduce yourself into the industry however as a job it is just the worst.
Pros
Amazing colleagues
Cons
Management, Traffic Stopping, Targets.
Productive/enjoyable environment
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 June 2017
Brought me out of my comfort zone
Risk taking
Ensured I met my daily targets
I became very comfortable communicating with strangers
Very enjoyable experience
Allowed me to show my potential and work extremely well as part of a team
Very friendly colleagues
Pros
Commission
Cons
Very far to travel
Fun work place but can be stressful when targets are not reached and always being pushed
Brow and beauty expert (Current Employee) –  Debenhams19 June 2017
It's fun but I find it tricky balancing sales (products) and services (waxing) together, its harder to progress in smaller stores too and your always pushed to do better.
Pros
Freebies
Cons
Constantly being pushed for money
Fun and creative company to work for.
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Concord, CA 9452013 June 2017
Extensive training and product knowledge. Room to grow within the company. High volume of clients to wax. Very reputable company. Brand stays true to their principles.
Greedy Company
Arch Expert (Former Employee) –  St. Augustine, FL10 June 2017
There was zero opportunity to grow I was over worked. Not enough training. Pay wasn't enough. I enjoyed management and the free cosmetics, but that's about it.
Pros
Free makeup
Productive and Motivational Company
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MI17 May 2017
This is an amazing company to work for. I'm extremely supported at every location I travel to and my advice is taken into account. Wonderful management team
Fun workplace
Make up consultant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 May 2017
Was fun working with people and meeting new people, seeing the smiles on their faces when they left the shop made my day, having to listen to their stories and advise where I could was also very nice..I like working with people and making them feel better about themselves.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Salary
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff City, Cardiff16 May 2017
Typical day involved housekeeping, checking stock levels. team meeting to discuss targets, figures and new product launches followed by traffic stopping potential customers.

Hardest part was traffic stopping.

Most enjoyable part was product training, one on one consultations with customers helping them to get the most out of their makeup/skincare.
Pros
Intensive product training. Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Traffic stopping
no discount but fun training
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  london15 May 2017
I really enjoyed my time here at Benefit, the area managers were always so helpful and the training was always fun and exciting! only thing I hated was when the managers came in for the day and you felt so pressured to push for sales!
Fun workplace but challenging goals
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tempest, Omagh14 May 2017
Fun place to work and lovely team members. Although daily money targets were sometimes difficult to reach due to high targets and low footfall in the store. Great brand, great training, great opportunities for advancing with the company, loyal management and very professional. Loved it here!
Pros
Staff discount within the whole store, great co workers
Cons
High targets to meet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Benefit Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.