BENEFIT COSMETICS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
lovely staff
Account Manager (Former Employee), LondonApril 12, 2016
lovely staff on my team - bad management - i was promised more than i received and i was falsely made to think that working in this environment will allow for me to progress quickly.
fun work environment
Benefit Brand expert (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2016
Pros: great hours
Cons: growth and health care
benefit is one of the most amazing and fun brands to work for that is out there! they sincerely believe in laughter being the best cosmetic!
Lively, busy and productive
Beauty Adviser (Current Employee), LondonMarch 13, 2016
I enjoy working as part of a team, my day is always busy and I enjoy communicating and mixing with clients. I have learned to apply enhancing cosmetics and making the most of clients individual features.
good company
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Bury St. EdmundsMarch 6, 2016
i enjoy my job with benefit costmetics, its hard work, busy and can be fun. made loads of friends, learnt new skills, there's lots of perks working for the company.
Sales sales saless!!
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), LondonMarch 2, 2016
Pros: Pay
Cons: Management
A typical day involves approaching everyone and anyone to buy products. Targets were always set ridiculously high. Management are awful and really dont care about their employees. Extremely high turnover. Only good thing was the pay and commission.
Amazing but...
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Stockton-on-TeesFebruary 27, 2016
Pros: you get the products that come to release
Cons: catty workers. Area manager left at my time and organisation in my work place fell through.
I worked for Benefit for a few months. Loved it so much. Cannot honestly tell you anything other than the job is so fun, productive and worth while. I have not worked in a job where I loved every second working. I am not kidding you. My area manager at the time was super supportive and adorable, she had know traffic stopping was something I was afraid of and helped me tackle that down.
However, I had some random tiffs with my colleague (account manager & a consultant) and I ended up losing my job and suffered few weeks being depressed.
I had received information from a colleague who has moved to another store that the account manager had treated her exactly how I was treated and that a lot of the benegirls dont seem to get a long with her. Nevertheless, I had re applied to every benefit job that had been going around in my area and not even one look. It's as if the new area manager is not even considering my application. I was fine with the other girl i was working with at the job, i had always been working on my own never with other people unless weekend and i find it pretty unfair that a harsh judgement was made.
I was good at the job and made many customers come back and buy more and been honest throughout my job, but it really seems none of that matters.
I have tried to find a contact email for the area manager but i cannot, simply to get feedback why my application is constantly being unsuccessful as i really wanted to work with benefit again. I really loved my job.

Other than that the job itself is super fun and easy. I loved every second of it and surely you will – more... too. Just be wary that beauty has catty moment, even the people who you think have your back done actually have you back. Be yourself and rely only yourself, you will love your job loads just as i did. – less
High pressured
Account Manager (Current Employee), CanterburyFebruary 26, 2016
Pros: Free makeup, good commission
Cons: stressful
Although there are many perks of working for Benefit, such as free products and good commission, it can be a very stressful company to work for. The brand can sometimes have very unrealistic expectations of their employees. The staff turnover is very high, however, because of this it means you can progress very quickly!
Lots of perks! Fun environment, fast paced, and you never know what to expect
Arch Expert/ Esthetician (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 26, 2016
Pros: Sick Pay, 1 hour breaks, Good Tips, Gratis twice a year, Surprise from the company on your birthday!
Cons: Work weekends, stand on feet all day, must be a pro at multitasking.
A typical day at work consists of me setting up my work station to standard, checking the appointment book so that I am aware of my appointments and break period. During down time I call to confirm appointments for the following day, restock waxing supplies, restock products on the sales fixture, cut muslin, and traffic stop potential clients. When business picks up my objectives are to deliver a 20 minute brow service, which includes the consult, brow mapping, laying the wax, selling product, styling the brow /retouch the clients makeup and rebooking. About mid day I take my break for 1 hour and return to the fore mentioned. By the end of the night I begin gathering all my paperwork together, record my daily sales and services and clean/sanitize my area for the next day. I Spend 6 to 8 hours on feet daily, Work weekends, work until 7pm or 8pm sometimes later if busy. Like most customer service related jobs you run into a customer that is hard to please. Otherwise not a bad job, meet new people ever day, you talk a lot when educating your clients on products. Very girlie, youthful environment, retro packaging and irreverent names for products make it a fun line to work for.
fun to make someone feel pretty
Santa Rosa- Receptionist (Current Employee), Santa Rosa, CAFebruary 23, 2016
Its like a roller coaster, I love that I got a chance to explore a whole new workforce experience.I wouldn't of thought that i would like to make cosmetology as a life career.
Makeup Heaven
Role - Beauty Consultant/Make-Up Artist (Current Employee), LiverpoolFebruary 10, 2016
Working in the makeup/beauty industry is such a lovely job, meeting and seeing new faces each and every day. It is amazing to make someone up and to see there reaction to when you do all there makeup it is priceless and such heartwarming to see and hear peoples reactions, it makes my job the best ever! Making peoples day makes my own day 1000 times better, it is such a blessing.
Productive workplace
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), GlasgowJanuary 28, 2016
I was a Christmas temp and it was pointless as they were over staffed. Got to carry out some make up appointments. I met targets when needed.Didn't get treated as part of team. Wouldn't work for this complaint again.
Amazing company
Account Manager (Former Employee), NE, ENGDecember 23, 2015
Look after there staff and excellent working ethic, excellent benefits and great products.Highly recommend especially to people wanting to get into the cosmetics industry.
Fun work place
Brow Bar expert (Current Employee), Leeds, ENGDecember 4, 2015
Pros: Staff discount
Cons: Targets
Fun work place with supportive management. Opportunities to move up within the company and develop new skills. High targets but this is expected in the cosmetic and sales industry.
Fun
Sales Assistant/make up artist (Former Employee), CroydonNovember 30, 2015
Thoroughly enjoyable company to work for, although you are pushed to complete sales it works out better for you as you get commission! Over all very fun and enjoyable.
beauty Adviser and beauty consultant.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Escondido, CANovember 24, 2015
Pros: bonus
Cons: not enough hours
Which women doesn't love makeup not me. I loved making women more beautiful then what they're. I used to sell beauty products and beauty consolations (makeovers). We had sell goals which wasn't hard to accomplish due to my amazing sales skills. when I worked here it didn't feel like working at all. Unfortunately some people don't work well with other and want to make sales to get there bonus.
Mobile Artist (Former Employee), London, ENGNovember 9, 2015
Pros: samples
Cons: changes, and earning retail wages
Being a mobile artist, it is a lot of own management. The company will book you to one location, then on the day, changes your location.
Otherwise, it is flexible and easy working as mobile artist.
Productive and fun work place with a lot of make up
Beauty Advisor, March (Current Employee), Fresno, CAOctober 14, 2015
This job was so much fun and allowed me to work on my passion, which is make up. Getting to interact with customers and help them feel better about themselves was amazing. Loved this job
great place to work but not for long-term.
Esthetician (Former Employee), Los Gatos, CAOctober 14, 2015
Pros: co-workers, culture, fun, room for growth
Cons: hard to get time off, no work/life balance, long days, management
I enjoyed my co workers and the pay was great. They expect a lot out of their employees. The hardest part of the job was being on your feet all day and being able to get time off.
Great, fun place to work
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Merry Hill, ENGSeptember 27, 2015
Pros: Commission on everything you sell, in depth training, free makeup
Cons: High individual targets which are sometimes unattainable
Enjoyable place to work, everyone at counter is lovely and work great as a team. Targets you have to work to but are sometimes too high to get for the day and can sometimes feel under pressure.

They do need more shades of makeup so they can broaden their audience especially ethnicities
fun
Benefit Assisant (Current Employee), KingstonSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: Paid Lunches.
Fun, exciting place to work where you never know what the next customer is going to ask you.
The most enjoyable part of working for Benefit is definitely seeing the smile on somebody's face after a make-over and knowing you have hit daily,weekly etc targets.
Employees