BENEFIT COSMETICS

BENEFIT COSMETICS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Prettycool
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), las vegasOctober 25, 2014
I liked working for Benefit, but i was more about artistry and they just didnt get that
wonderful company culture
ASSOCIATE PROJECT MANAGER, GLOBAL SERVICES (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 14, 2014
Had the privilege of working with this brand during tremendous growth.
Fun and energic work environment!
Freelance artist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 10, 2014
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: not enough hours.
Hello gorgeous! Let's play.
My co-workers are awesome, the customers are amazing. I enjoyed everything about this job.
Great Work Environment
FREELANCER/SALES (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2014
I love to work with many people. I have a great approach to get clients to sit in the chair. I am always smiling and greeting every client. Notify them of current promotion/event that is currently happening on that day/Month. I love speaking to every client and letting them know what products they can use to benefit them. I ask what products they currently – more... use. I get to know them and build a relationship. So they become a client of Benefit Cosmetics. I always build the sale and clients love the products that I use on them . – less
Great company, great cosmetics.
Beauty Account Specialist (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great company, great cosmetics. fun environment
I have had a great working relationship with my supervisor. I love working for this company. The supervisors treat you like a person.
creative and fun company who loves their employees
Counter Manager-Irvine, CA (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJune 25, 2014
training employees on product and selling techniques
reaching sales goals: individually,daily, weekly and monthly
selling products
cleaning
answering phone
customer service
multitasking
Intense and pressurised work environment, highly target based.
Full-time make-up artist (Current Employee), Cheltenham, ENGJune 17, 2014
Pros: recieved knowledge of new products and learnt how the cosmetic industry works.
Cons: the role itself didnt entail what i originally expected and signed a contract for.
A typical day working for Benefit cosmetics under House of Fraser consisted of a lot of pressure and high expectations from the company in regards to hitting targets and selling.

I learnt that retail is often looked at as one of the simplest or easiest forms of work, however that entirely depends on what company you are under, especially when working – more... for a cosmetic company.
I learned a lot while working for Benefit, such as using my initiative to bring work to me when the store was quiet, always ensuring i kept busy and motivated. I was able to learn how to focus on admin tasks such as conference calls and paperwork, realising how important it was improving figures and exceeding full potential as a team and an individual.

My views on behalf of Benefits management depended on the individual manager. For instance i worked for a few area managers during my time at Benefit, all of which each had pros and cons. However benefits general outlook as a company when it comes to approaching customers and selling was very particular and at times put a lot of strain and stress on their staff members in an unprofessional way during trainings and general store interaction.
I do not look at this entirely as a negative. It helped me to reach my full potential knowing i could handle pressure and worked extremely hard and efficiently when under it.

My co-workers was a team of 2, one manager and one part timer. However the roles that my manager was supposed to complete and ensure was all correct was often handed to me, which was recognised by higher management just unfortunately nothing got sorted. Leaving me to do all the duties such as paperwork, conference calls, training of our new staff, ordering new stock, interacting with people higher up in the business via e-mails and faxing and generally left to run the counter a lot of the time. Again i do not look at this as a negative as i have developed and furthered skills i had already touched upon in previous roles. It also made me realise what career path i'd really like to go down, involving all of the above.

Overall it was an experience working for this company and i value what i have learnt and how its pushed me to my full potential. I can happily say i was motivated and loyal to the brand just unfortunately it got recognised a little too late. – less
Great Team Environment
Beauty Artist/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 10, 2014
Working for Benefit Cosmetics has been a great experience. The team dynamic is great. We work like a tight-niche family that encourages each other to grow and succeed everyday. This has lead in a tremendous business increase, which makes me very proud to be a part of this team.
Productive, fun, exciting, rewarding, theres always something new.
Lead Arch Expert (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 5, 2014
Pros: gratis
I absolutely loved my job and the way I felt after helping someone find the correct skincare, brow product or foundation. Knowing my job is to help others makes it not feel so much like a job. The cosmetic line itself is another thing about this company I loved. I know I can trust the product will do what its intended to do and that helps me to be able – more... to sell it. – less
a normal day
Esthetician and Manager (Former Employee), miami flMay 4, 2014
Pros: great boss, one hour lunch, paid vacation, free makeup, great trainings, free dinners and gifts
Cons: no team work, not enough boss visits, having to do everything on my own .
i get to my spot around 10:30 am i clean and organize all my products and station, i make sure everything is ready and prepared for when my client arrives for her service . i service my clients that walk in or have an appointment , then around 2:00 i have lunch till 3:00 i come back and continue to do services and pull clients in . then around 7 i start – more... cleaning and picking up . i start adding my numbers and doing my sales for the day , i leave my booth and products clean and leave by 7:30 . – less
Excellent Culture!
Sales Associate/Freelance Artist (Former Employee), Roseville,CAApril 9, 2014
Pros: fun, challenging, smart
Cons: putting up with associated company
Fun, competetive job. I liked the culture so much, and the pressure to succeed. If I could work directly through Benefit instead of Macy's or some other department store, I would never leave them!
Productive and fun workplace
Beauty Consultant and Brow Bar Xpert (Current Employee), Chelmsford, ENGMarch 20, 2014
I enjoy my job at Benefit Cosmetics, I was involved in day to day brow waxing, facial waxing and eyebrow tinting, re-booking and sales.
Well run planning department with luxury brand expertise.
Assistant Planner (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 17, 2014
Well run planning department with luxury brand expertise.
Learning about the Beauty Industry
Beauty Artist (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 9, 2014
Working at the Benefit Brow Bar was a great way for me to learn about the beauty industry. I learned how to apply makeup, work with customers, and handle the fast paced and challenging retail environment. A perfectly arched eyebrow or a new lip gloss may seem like silly things, but they can make a woman feel pretty and happy and ready to spend.
A great company that takes care of it's employees.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 3, 2014
Benefit is a great company that truly cares about their employees. They make sure they have all of the best knowledge available. Benefit knows that what we do is hard work so they appreciate us in more ways than one. It's always nice to hear "great job" or "thank you for all of your hard work", those little words really go a long way.
Excellent place to work
Freelance Makeup Artist (Current Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: great pay, excellent training, mobility in the company
Cons: no benefits for freelancers
I have worked as a freelance artist in the East coast and now midwest market. Excellent managers and account execs and a great team of artists as well.
Fun, Rewarding and Productive workplace
Beauty Artist (Former Employee), Glasgow, SCTJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: commission, great people, sociable job
Cons: not enough hours, temporary work
I was so pleased that I was asked to work with Benefit Cosmetics, as I love Makeup and changing someone's look. I feel its very rewarding when showing someone how to emphasize and compliment their features. There was a few responsibilites to along with this role during working hours I would have to go traffic stop potential customers to get them to – more... come look at Benefit's new or existing products, get them on the 'Celeb File' which is the name given to our records of new and existing customers, this was a way of building rapport with Benefit customers, in order to give them the best customer service experience, I found this a pretty easy task as I am a confident person and find it easy to go up and talk to people. other tasks involved; Cleaning down shelves and the counter, restocking the shelves, cleaning makeup brushes and phoning the appointments. This role has given me experience of target based sales, makeup training, customer service and working on a cash register. I also recieved health and safety training as I was an employee of boots and I recieved training in the appropriate action to take if there is a fire. I found this job very rewarding and very enjoyable – less
nice role
Counter Consultant (Former Employee), londonJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: city life
Cons: away from home
needed a wider range of customers. As my store was in a business area that was only really alive at lunch times never opened on weekends.
fun and fast paced
Counter Manager (Former Employee), North attleboroDecember 4, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: work weekends
I had to sell to everyone who walked by my counter. If your staff is unreliable then that is the only hard part because you take the accountability. I enjoyed promoting different products, fun projects and meeting my sales goals.
productive and fun workplace and team
Assistant Account Manager - & Pro Make Up Artist (Current Employee), London, ENGNovember 25, 2013
Pros: commission plus high pay
Cons: long hours
My job role consisted of me managing a team of 8 - 10 staff on a leading cosmetic brand counter,
I am currently training to be an account manager. my daily routine include Traffic Stopping, sales, link selling, makeup application as the head makeup artist on this account, hygiene - high level of personal grooming, accounts paperwork that I attend to – more... daily, conference calls, dealing with the area manger and regional manager, hitting high level targets, high level of customer service as i enjoy listening and interacting with customers and catering to their pacific needs and making recommendations to suit them best, i am also specialized in working with all skin types and ages, as the number two account manager I also help train staff and managers for other counters as well as mine.
enjoyable part of my job was doing what i love. – less

1 2 3

About BENEFIT COSMETICS

BeneFit Cosmetics will make you look lovely, and for a good cause. The company, which donates a portion of proceeds to charity, – Read more

BENEFIT COSMETICS Photos