BENEFIT COSMETICS

BENEFIT COSMETICS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Beauty Consultant and Brow Bar Xpert (Current Employee), Chelmsford, ENGMarch 20, 2014
I enjoy my job at Benefit Cosmetics, I was involved in day to day brow waxing, facial waxing and eyebrow tinting, re-booking and sales.
Well run planning department with luxury brand expertise.
Assistant Planner (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 17, 2014
Well run planning department with luxury brand expertise.
Learning about the Beauty Industry
Beauty Artist (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 9, 2014
Working at the Benefit Brow Bar was a great way for me to learn about the beauty industry. I learned how to apply makeup, work with customers, and handle the fast paced and challenging retail environment. A perfectly arched eyebrow or a new lip gloss may seem like silly things, but they can make a woman feel pretty and happy and ready to spend.
A great company that takes care of it's employees.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 3, 2014
Benefit is a great company that truly cares about their employees. They make sure they have all of the best knowledge available. Benefit knows that what we do is hard work so they appreciate us in more ways than one. It's always nice to hear "great job" or "thank you for all of your hard work", those little words really go a long way.
Excellent place to work
Freelance Makeup Artist (Current Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: great pay, excellent training, mobility in the company
Cons: no benefits for freelancers
I have worked as a freelance artist in the East coast and now midwest market. Excellent managers and account execs and a great team of artists as well.
Fun, Rewarding and Productive workplace
Beauty Artist (Former Employee), Glasgow, SCTJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: commission, great people, sociable job
Cons: not enough hours, temporary work
I was so pleased that I was asked to work with Benefit Cosmetics, as I love Makeup and changing someone's look. I feel its very rewarding when showing someone how to emphasize and compliment their features. There was a few responsibilites to along with this role during working hours I would have to go traffic stop potential customers to get them to – more... come look at Benefit's new or existing products, get them on the 'Celeb File' which is the name given to our records of new and existing customers, this was a way of building rapport with Benefit customers, in order to give them the best customer service experience, I found this a pretty easy task as I am a confident person and find it easy to go up and talk to people. other tasks involved; Cleaning down shelves and the counter, restocking the shelves, cleaning makeup brushes and phoning the appointments. This role has given me experience of target based sales, makeup training, customer service and working on a cash register. I also recieved health and safety training as I was an employee of boots and I recieved training in the appropriate action to take if there is a fire. I found this job very rewarding and very enjoyable – less
nice role
Counter Consultant (Former Employee), londonJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: city life
Cons: away from home
needed a wider range of customers. As my store was in a business area that was only really alive at lunch times never opened on weekends.
fun and fast paced
Counter Manager (Former Employee), North attleboroDecember 4, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: work weekends
I had to sell to everyone who walked by my counter. If your staff is unreliable then that is the only hard part because you take the accountability. I enjoyed promoting different products, fun projects and meeting my sales goals.
productive and fun workplace and team
Assistant Account Manager - & Pro Make Up Artist (Current Employee), London, ENGNovember 25, 2013
Pros: commission plus high pay
Cons: long hours
My job role consisted of me managing a team of 8 - 10 staff on a leading cosmetic brand counter,
I am currently training to be an account manager. my daily routine include Traffic Stopping, sales, link selling, makeup application as the head makeup artist on this account, hygiene - high level of personal grooming, accounts paperwork that I attend to – more... daily, conference calls, dealing with the area manger and regional manager, hitting high level targets, high level of customer service as i enjoy listening and interacting with customers and catering to their pacific needs and making recommendations to suit them best, i am also specialized in working with all skin types and ages, as the number two account manager I also help train staff and managers for other counters as well as mine.
enjoyable part of my job was doing what i love. – less
Very Flexible Work
Freelance Make-up Artist (Current Employee), MichiganNovember 19, 2013
Its nice to be able to always do something different as a freelancer for Benefit. Traveling to different stores and performing the skills I have acquired as a make-up artist. Management is very close like family, and very flexible with your personal schedule. The pay is decent. I only wish they would pay for gas or drive time, only because some of the – more... stores visited are exceptionally spread out. – less
Fun people to work with.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Bournemouth, ENGNovember 5, 2013
I liked working there because everything was explained to me and my co-workers we amazing.
Productive, supportive and fun
Freelance Makeup Artist/Esthetician (Former Employee), Temecula, CAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: fun, upbeat, informative
Cons: no pros
I loved working for Benefit. The atmosphere was always lively and upbeat.
Challenging but extremely rewarding
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), South WestOctober 7, 2013
Working within Benefit Cosmetics has enabled me to learn a great deal, from project management, to coaching and feedback, leadership and people management. I have gained skills such as communication and organisation skills, customer service skills, problem solving skills and how to be analytical.
No day within this company are the same, visiting different – more... stores keeps you on your toes, but meeting and training new people is one of the most exciting parts of the job,
The products are absolutely fantastic, and making peoples day makes our jobs. – less
Arch Expert (Current Employee), North Haven, CTJuly 24, 2013
Pros: friendly environment, nice people
Cons: short breaks, not very good health benefits
The day was filled with clients I had to wax, makeup appointments and consultations about the makeup. It was always enjoyable to work in a fun environment.
Great Company
Freelance Make-up Artist (Former Employee), New YorkJuly 21, 2013
Great company, with very good values and lots of awesome people to be around.
My PR/Marketing Internship Experience at Benefit Cosmetics
Pubilc Relations and Marketing Intern (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 20, 2013
Pros: free makeup
Cons: unpaid
This being my first internship was a perfect fit for me! The work culture (and the decor) at Benefit Cosmetics is creative and fun all while being productive.
Good products ,fun events
Counter Manager (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 20, 2013
Pros: free make up
Cons: traffic stopping in the rain
You daily routine is to Traffic stopping members of the public to demonstrate products.

Had lots of fun meeting lots of new people I called them my five minute friends.

Benefit has lots of great products , having repeat customers asking for you by name is very rewarding.

The day was challenging when traffic stopping in the rain
Fun and great counter to work at!
BEAUTY ADVISOR (Current Employee), Lake Grove, NY (Macy's Smithaven)March 14, 2013
Benefit was probably one of the best experiences I've had, job-wise, in a while. I have experience in retail but cosmetics retail is so much different and I've learned so much about the business through this job. The products are amazing and I've used them for years and I was thrilled when I got the chance to sell them and share their greatness with – more... others. The girls I work with are amazing and we all have so much fun doing what we love together whether it's in the everyday work setting or during special events. I'd say the only downside and the hardest part about this job is working within Macy's. The company stresses numbers and getting credits more than anything and it's a lot of pressure but otherwise the job is fantastic. – less
entrylevel type job not a paces for a career
Make-up Artist (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2013
working there was oknothing special.with they promoted from within but they dont sad but true. happy that i left when i did i hear it got worse. i did however love my coworker and i still keep in touch with them . the company doesnt care about you they only see you as a number they just wanna suck the life out of you.
benefit cosmetics is not for women of color or for any woman who is sophisticated and worldly
arch expert (Former Employee), columbus, ohioMarch 3, 2013
Pros: met lots of wonderful people. built a heck of a following. i got tips.
Cons: worked my butt off and in return i got work harder make us more money. i hated working for benefit!
I would get embarrassed when women of color would come to the counter to have their makeup done because I did not have foundation or eye shadow colors that were appropriate for darker skin. But I did have blue lip gloss!

1 2 3

About BENEFIT COSMETICS

BeneFit Cosmetics will make you look lovely, and for a good cause. The company, which donates a portion of proceeds to charity, – Read more