BENEFIT COSMETICS

BENEFIT COSMETICS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and productive.
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), LakesideJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free make up allocation, working close to home.
Cons: long hours at unsociable times.
My job role with Benefit Cosmetics was very similar to my role within Giorgio Armani.

I was 16 when I first started working for Benefit so everything was very new to me. It opened up a lot of doors for me as Benefit is a very hard working and customer driven company.

I had the same duties at benefit as I do with Armani just a lot less responsibility. I enjoyed coming in to work every day as it was always different. I was extremely lucky to have co-workers that were a bundle of joy to work with and very hard working like myself, my counter was always smoothly run with a lot of team work.

The hardest part of Benefit I would say would only be hitting a target on a very quiet evening, but then that's when my initiative would come in to things where I would traffic stop to bring more customers on to counter.

My most enjoyable part of the job was manning the switchboard for counter, dealing with different requests. Having a new challenge every day and hitting those high targets.

I left Benefit so that I could gain more experience within this industry and have a lot more responsibility within my next role as I love being busy and having new challenges.
fun place and nice people to work with
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Oxford Street, ENGJanuary 11, 2015
work is work but work is fun if one takes interest and is a good listener. often get returning customers and they would greet me and remember me andthat would be lovely. Hardest part in working is trying to my the colleques work with the same pace when they see there arent any managers on the floor. a lovely enviroment in Debenhams Oxford Street. the store manager and counter managers are all understand and nice people to discuss any issues or matter. lunch is best as the staff area is nice and its so peaceful . its a good company to work for and a nice place where nice and friendly work enviroment prevails.
terrible
Full time Sales assistant/Makeup Artist (Former Employee), loughtonDecember 18, 2014
Pros: no pros
My job would be used against me if I wasn't able to attend an unplanned event or work late or instead of another colleague.
My far travel was never considered in their last minute plans to ask me to stay late.
rule changes every single week.
minimum 12 products of makeup have to be on your face
they say skirt has to be knee high but was shamefully told off in front of a shop full of customers that it wasn't the correct length and had to be under my knees but if I had one on that basically showed by bum it would be okay if I had tights on.
They would tell you how to wear your hair. one day your allowed acrylic nails the next day you aren't and rule changes over 24hrs if you was still wearing then you had to immediately have them removed.
Pay was terrible
Manager was awful
Hated my life while at benefit
Outgoing and fun work atmosphere!
Esthetician (Current Employee), Mooresville, NCDecember 11, 2014
Pros: continued support and on-going training for employees
Cons: not enough money to live off of
My typical day at work involves greeting customers and trying to convert them into getting a service done as well as making sales within the cosmetic line I represent, Benefit. I've learned how to gain clientele and to keep my clients coming back. The management is great, my GM and all other managers are wonderful. As for my co-workers, they're incredibly supportive and always willing to help. The hardest part of my job as an arch expert is making sure I traffic stop and rebook my clients. What I do enjoy most about my job is catering to my clients and making sure they feel confident and beautiful after they've had a service.
Its a retail position that requires a lot of customer interaction
Marketing Coordinator/Makeup Artist (Former Employee), Skokie, ILDecember 2, 2014
Have to build clientele and attract clients by showcasing and demonstrating products and communicating with clients.
Fun and modern company to work for
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Cambridge, ENGNovember 20, 2014
Working for benefit cosmetics is fun and young! I have learned loads of new makeup skills and more importantly selling skills. I have learned very good customer service skills as I am always one on one with the customers!
Hardest thing about the job is traffic stopping. I feel that I am intruding on someones shopping experience when I ask a lady if they would like to have the 'benefit experience' when they are shopping in menswear or childrenswear. But I don't mind doing it around cosmetics at all.
Avoid the Southpark Location
Aesthetician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 4, 2014
Pros: free products
Cons: hours, no opportunity, poor communication, lackadaisical managers, catty women
I worked for Benefit for one year and it was a horrifying experience. As a USAF veteran I didn't know what PTSD was until after I quit. With no formal training as an Aesthetician at the counter I was responsible for making service, product sales, rebooking and conversion goals. I was able to make some goals but not all as some were very ambitious. Each service was supposed to be about 20 minutes -intake, sale, consult, sale, wax/tweeze, sale, rebook and pass them to BAs to make more sales.

The retail manager was money hungry and never paid positive feedback unless her boss (regional manager) made her. After being prescribed anxiety medication from the scandal of Benefit I got a final warning from corporate when I threatened to hire an employment attorney. Needless to say that the turnover is alarmingly high. Six employees in a year and a half... and what company hides the human resources department contact information? Seriously, don't work for Benefit unless you are a robot or hard up for a job.
Prettycool
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), las vegasOctober 25, 2014
I liked working for Benefit, but i was more about artistry and they just didnt get that
wonderful company culture
ASSOCIATE PROJECT MANAGER, GLOBAL SERVICES (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 14, 2014
Had the privilege of working with this brand during tremendous growth.
Fun and energic work environment!
Freelance artist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 10, 2014
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: not enough hours.
Hello gorgeous! Let's play.
My co-workers are awesome, the customers are amazing. I enjoyed everything about this job.
Great Work Environment
FREELANCER/SALES (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2014
I love to work with many people. I have a great approach to get clients to sit in the chair. I am always smiling and greeting every client. Notify them of current promotion/event that is currently happening on that day/Month. I love speaking to every client and letting them know what products they can use to benefit them. I ask what products they currently use. I get to know them and build a relationship. So they become a client of Benefit Cosmetics. I always build the sale and clients love the products that I use on them .
Great company, great cosmetics.
Beauty Account Specialist (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great company, great cosmetics. fun environment
I have had a great working relationship with my supervisor. I love working for this company. The supervisors treat you like a person.
creative and fun company who loves their employees
Counter Manager-Irvine, CA (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJune 25, 2014
training employees on product and selling techniques
reaching sales goals: individually,daily, weekly and monthly
selling products
cleaning
answering phone
customer service
multitasking
Intense and pressurised work environment, highly target based.
Full-time make-up artist (Current Employee), Cheltenham, ENGJune 17, 2014
Pros: recieved knowledge of new products and learnt how the cosmetic industry works.
Cons: the role itself didnt entail what i originally expected and signed a contract for.
A typical day working for Benefit cosmetics under House of Fraser consisted of a lot of pressure and high expectations from the company in regards to hitting targets and selling.

I learnt that retail is often looked at as one of the simplest or easiest forms of work, however that entirely depends on what company you are under, especially when working for a cosmetic company.
I learned a lot while working for Benefit, such as using my initiative to bring work to me when the store was quiet, always ensuring i kept busy and motivated. I was able to learn how to focus on admin tasks such as conference calls and paperwork, realising how important it was improving figures and exceeding full potential as a team and an individual.

My views on behalf of Benefits management depended on the individual manager. For instance i worked for a few area managers during my time at Benefit, all of which each had pros and cons. However benefits general outlook as a company when it comes to approaching customers and selling was very particular and at times put a lot of strain and stress on their staff members in an unprofessional way during trainings and general store interaction.
I do not look at this entirely as a negative. It helped me to reach my full potential knowing i could handle pressure and worked extremely hard and efficiently when under it.

My co-workers was a team of 2, one manager and one part timer. However the roles that my manager was supposed to complete and ensure was all correct was often handed to me, which was recognised by higher management just unfortunately nothing got – more... sorted. Leaving me to do all the duties such as paperwork, conference calls, training of our new staff, ordering new stock, interacting with people higher up in the business via e-mails and faxing and generally left to run the counter a lot of the time. Again i do not look at this as a negative as i have developed and furthered skills i had already touched upon in previous roles. It also made me realise what career path i'd really like to go down, involving all of the above.

Overall it was an experience working for this company and i value what i have learnt and how its pushed me to my full potential. I can happily say i was motivated and loyal to the brand just unfortunately it got recognised a little too late. – less
Great Team Environment
Beauty Artist/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 10, 2014
Working for Benefit Cosmetics has been a great experience. The team dynamic is great. We work like a tight-niche family that encourages each other to grow and succeed everyday. This has lead in a tremendous business increase, which makes me very proud to be a part of this team.
Productive, fun, exciting, rewarding, theres always something new.
Lead Arch Expert (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 5, 2014
Pros: gratis
I absolutely loved my job and the way I felt after helping someone find the correct skincare, brow product or foundation. Knowing my job is to help others makes it not feel so much like a job. The cosmetic line itself is another thing about this company I loved. I know I can trust the product will do what its intended to do and that helps me to be able to sell it.
a normal day
Esthetician and Manager (Former Employee), miami flMay 4, 2014
Pros: great boss, one hour lunch, paid vacation, free makeup, great trainings, free dinners and gifts
Cons: no team work, not enough boss visits, having to do everything on my own .
i get to my spot around 10:30 am i clean and organize all my products and station, i make sure everything is ready and prepared for when my client arrives for her service . i service my clients that walk in or have an appointment , then around 2:00 i have lunch till 3:00 i come back and continue to do services and pull clients in . then around 7 i start cleaning and picking up . i start adding my numbers and doing my sales for the day , i leave my booth and products clean and leave by 7:30 .
Excellent Culture!
Sales Associate/Freelance Artist (Former Employee), Roseville,CAApril 9, 2014
Pros: fun, challenging, smart
Cons: putting up with associated company
Fun, competetive job. I liked the culture so much, and the pressure to succeed. If I could work directly through Benefit instead of Macy's or some other department store, I would never leave them!
Productive and fun workplace
Beauty Consultant and Brow Bar Xpert (Current Employee), Chelmsford, ENGMarch 20, 2014
I enjoy my job at Benefit Cosmetics, I was involved in day to day brow waxing, facial waxing and eyebrow tinting, re-booking and sales.
Well run planning department with luxury brand expertise.
Assistant Planner (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 17, 2014
Well run planning department with luxury brand expertise.

1 2 3 4

About BENEFIT COSMETICS

BeneFit Cosmetics will make you look lovely, and for a good cause. The company, which donates a portion of proceeds to charity, – Read more

BENEFIT COSMETICS Photos