BENEFIT COSMETICS

BENEFIT COSMETICS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very Sales Based
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), londonMarch 25, 2015
Pros: lovely customers
Cons: traffic stopping
Good company, fun , quirky but very sales based be ready to TRAFFIC STOP! approaching customers and convincing them to buy your products everyday. You have a daily, weekly and monthly sales sheet.
Fun and Empowering Workplace
Boutique Proprietor (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 18, 2015
Never a dull moment in this fast paced, fun-filled boutique ! An ever-expanding company with a small business feel, Benefit allows their leaders to take risks and think outside the box to deliver results !
fun job poor compensation
Aesthetician (Current Employee), walnut creek caMarch 18, 2015
I love my job and what I do but I am not compensated accordingly.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Nice people
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Solihull, ENGMarch 16, 2015
Being a therapist is satisfying as you are always making clients feel better about themselves and helping them out. However it is very long hours and working every weekend. It is also very tiring as you are usually just massaging for 12 hours a day.
Benefit Cosmetics
Assistant Account Manager (Former Employee), Cork, IrelandMarch 6, 2015
• Persuade others through influence and teamwork as opposed to command and control. Lead by example.
• Track DBR, meet monthly targets. Communicate to staff what are the expectations of them and of Counter target.
• Appropriately staff and manage for product sales and services. Keep staff morale high at all times. Deal with any situations which may occur effectively and efficiently.
• Promote cross selling between services and products, make sure every customer receives the ‘Benefit Experience’.
• Maintain excellent cash control.
• Protect customers’ personal data.
• In partnership with Brow Experts, maintain correct procedures with board regulations.
• Strong time management.
• Maintain the safety and security of all employees.
• Maintain the appearance and cleanliness of the Beauty Bar and Brow Service Pods.
• Always be approachable and give corrective criticism.

Always must keep busy. Targets are everything.

-Make Up Artist
-Brow Expert
Productive and high volume environment.
Sales (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 4, 2015
Pros: discounts, fun environment, lovely co-workers.
Cons: low hours.
A typical day at work consist of customer service, cosmetic sales, stocking products. I have learned how to interact with different types for people and satisfy their needs. Management is very flexible, organized, and understanding. The most challenging part of my position would be making my sales goal when traffic is slow. I love my co-workers because everyone is a team player... the most enjoyable part of my job would be satisfying the needs of every customer I encounter.
Exciting day
Freelancer (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 3, 2015
Making clients happy, making sure they leave happy with their new products and assuring they had a great time beginning there.
Exciting Brow Bar with fun cosmetics
Lead Arch Expert (Current Employee), PinoleMarch 1, 2015
The Job itself is fun. It's an easy enviroment and I love being able to get to know my guests.The most enjoyable thing is showing the guests their finished brows and seeing their reaction.
Fun and exciting place to work
Counter Manager/Make-up Artist (Former Employee), Springfield, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great products
Cons: not to many people knew about the product when i first stared.
The best part of working for a makeup company is one the makeup. Benefit has some very good fix it products for woman who don't like to wear to much makeup.
Fun and productive.
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), LakesideJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free make up allocation, working close to home.
Cons: long hours at unsociable times.
My job role with Benefit Cosmetics was very similar to my role within Giorgio Armani.

I was 16 when I first started working for Benefit so everything was very new to me. It opened up a lot of doors for me as Benefit is a very hard working and customer driven company.

I had the same duties at benefit as I do with Armani just a lot less responsibility. I enjoyed coming in to work every day as it was always different. I was extremely lucky to have co-workers that were a bundle of joy to work with and very hard working like myself, my counter was always smoothly run with a lot of team work.

The hardest part of Benefit I would say would only be hitting a target on a very quiet evening, but then that's when my initiative would come in to things where I would traffic stop to bring more customers on to counter.

My most enjoyable part of the job was manning the switchboard for counter, dealing with different requests. Having a new challenge every day and hitting those high targets.

I left Benefit so that I could gain more experience within this industry and have a lot more responsibility within my next role as I love being busy and having new challenges.
fun place and nice people to work with
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Oxford Street, ENGJanuary 11, 2015
work is work but work is fun if one takes interest and is a good listener. often get returning customers and they would greet me and remember me andthat would be lovely. Hardest part in working is trying to my the colleques work with the same pace when they see there arent any managers on the floor. a lovely enviroment in Debenhams Oxford Street. the store manager and counter managers are all understand and nice people to discuss any issues or matter. lunch is best as the staff area is nice and its so peaceful . its a good company to work for and a nice place where nice and friendly work enviroment prevails.
terrible
Full time Sales assistant/Makeup Artist (Former Employee), loughtonDecember 18, 2014
Pros: no pros
My job would be used against me if I wasn't able to attend an unplanned event or work late or instead of another colleague.
My far travel was never considered in their last minute plans to ask me to stay late.
rule changes every single week.
minimum 12 products of makeup have to be on your face
they say skirt has to be knee high but was shamefully told off in front of a shop full of customers that it wasn't the correct length and had to be under my knees but if I had one on that basically showed by bum it would be okay if I had tights on.
They would tell you how to wear your hair. one day your allowed acrylic nails the next day you aren't and rule changes over 24hrs if you was still wearing then you had to immediately have them removed.
Pay was terrible
Manager was awful
Hated my life while at benefit
Outgoing and fun work atmosphere!
Esthetician (Current Employee), Mooresville, NCDecember 11, 2014
Pros: continued support and on-going training for employees
Cons: not enough money to live off of
My typical day at work involves greeting customers and trying to convert them into getting a service done as well as making sales within the cosmetic line I represent, Benefit. I've learned how to gain clientele and to keep my clients coming back. The management is great, my GM and all other managers are wonderful. As for my co-workers, they're incredibly supportive and always willing to help. The hardest part of my job as an arch expert is making sure I traffic stop and rebook my clients. What I do enjoy most about my job is catering to my clients and making sure they feel confident and beautiful after they've had a service.
Its a retail position that requires a lot of customer interaction
Marketing Coordinator/Makeup Artist (Former Employee), Skokie, ILDecember 2, 2014
Have to build clientele and attract clients by showcasing and demonstrating products and communicating with clients.
Fun and modern company to work for
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Cambridge, ENGNovember 20, 2014
Working for benefit cosmetics is fun and young! I have learned loads of new makeup skills and more importantly selling skills. I have learned very good customer service skills as I am always one on one with the customers!
Hardest thing about the job is traffic stopping. I feel that I am intruding on someones shopping experience when I ask a lady if they would like to have the 'benefit experience' when they are shopping in menswear or childrenswear. But I don't mind doing it around cosmetics at all.
Avoid the Southpark Location
Aesthetician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 4, 2014
Pros: free products
Cons: hours, no opportunity, poor communication, lackadaisical managers, catty women
I worked for Benefit for one year and it was a horrifying experience. As a USAF veteran I didn't know what PTSD was until after I quit. With no formal training as an Aesthetician at the counter I was responsible for making service, product sales, rebooking and conversion goals. I was able to make some goals but not all as some were very ambitious. Each service was supposed to be about 20 minutes -intake, sale, consult, sale, wax/tweeze, sale, rebook and pass them to BAs to make more sales.

The retail manager was money hungry and never paid positive feedback unless her boss (regional manager) made her. After being prescribed anxiety medication from the scandal of Benefit I got a final warning from corporate when I threatened to hire an employment attorney. Needless to say that the turnover is alarmingly high. Six employees in a year and a half... and what company hides the human resources department contact information? Seriously, don't work for Benefit unless you are a robot or hard up for a job.
Prettycool
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), las vegasOctober 25, 2014
I liked working for Benefit, but i was more about artistry and they just didnt get that
wonderful company culture
ASSOCIATE PROJECT MANAGER, GLOBAL SERVICES (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 14, 2014
Had the privilege of working with this brand during tremendous growth.
Fun and energic work environment!
Freelance artist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 10, 2014
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: not enough hours.
Hello gorgeous! Let's play.
My co-workers are awesome, the customers are amazing. I enjoyed everything about this job.
Great Work Environment
FREELANCER/SALES (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2014
I love to work with many people. I have a great approach to get clients to sit in the chair. I am always smiling and greeting every client. Notify them of current promotion/event that is currently happening on that day/Month. I love speaking to every client and letting them know what products they can use to benefit them. I ask what products they currently use. I get to know them and build a relationship. So they become a client of Benefit Cosmetics. I always build the sale and clients love the products that I use on them .

1 2 3 4

About BENEFIT COSMETICS

BeneFit Cosmetics will make you look lovely, and for a good cause. The company, which donates a portion of proceeds to charity, – Read more

BENEFIT COSMETICS Photos