Benefit Cosmetics

Benefit Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Fun, creative, and positive place to work.
Boutique Proprietor (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CA29 November 2016
Benefit Cosmetics is a fun, creative, and inspiring atmosphere in which to work. I am constantly being motivated to do better and to grow, and the company compensates its employees well. I thoroughly enjoy the interaction I have with my clients and getting to know them personally through product interaction and salon services. The most challenging aspect of my job includes thinking of innovative ways to grow our business, but I have a lot of freedom in the manner in which I can network and gain additional clientele.
Pros
Compensation, benefits, work-life balance
Upbeat environment with a great pay. Working as a cosmetologist be prepared to have no life outside of work. Long work hours.
Lead Sales Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Montclair, CA4 November 2016
The company has a fun and bright feel. The pay and gratis is a huge plus. The hours can be long for full time or lead positions. Management can make the work experience either amazing or a bit stressful. But the company has a great formula for success.
Pros
High pay, gratis, fun company
Cons
Management, long hours, stressful
Fun Atmosphere
Lead Sales Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CA12 December 2016
Benefit Cosmetics is a great place to start your Esthetics career. It is very retail driven so make sure that you are comfortable with sales because that is more important than providing waxing services! Fun place to work but you work a lot and the management isn't very successful..
Pros
Walk in clientele
Cons
In the middle of a department store, no privacy for clients!
Pros and cons
Aesthetician (Former Employee) –  New York, NY27 April 2016
While the general idea of benefit is to promote a "girlfriend" experience it is often a Mean Girls environment with obvious favoritism and often encourages a competitive vs team atmosphere.
Employees in equal positions are not all held accountable the same way, tips are not always paid in a timely manner and advancement is difficult.
However the base pay and product commission is Standard and the gratis program allows you to try the products which do what they say they will and are affordable to most customers.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
No work/life balance, unprofessional employees, favortism
Not the best
Arch Expert (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA29 December 2016
Made a mistake leaving an old job. Was told of full time hours. Hours are constantly being cut. No advancement. I applied for a management position with all my many years of managing and supervising, I wasn't good enough.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Pay and hourly cuts
Free Make-up
Aesthetician (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZ14 November 2016
No work life balance, unprofessional co-workers. Not a very healthy environment, to they ask a lot from you even if your producing. Free make-up is the best part.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No work life balance
Always fun & flexible
Freelance Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL14 November 2016
I love working for the company as a freelance artist, it gives me the flexibility to balance home and work life without taking up to much time from the other. As a freelance you don't get mich benefits but pay is good, and it is fun!
currently
brow expert (Current Employee) –  UK24 November 2016
A typical day at work is usually quite. I've learnt in my current job I have, that traffic stopping doesn't work if nobody visits the store. Unfortunately I have no say in how we market and advertise ourselves and management are happy to continue,
There is a lot of management with strong personal friendship/relationship with colleague's on shop floor which is very off putting and not a great environment to work in I'm afraid.
The best part of the job is making a customers day, something brought or not! I love it
And the hardest is standing around waiting for customers and having an unprofessional manager.. its not great.
Quite, Busy, Stressfull, Harsh, Competative
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester15 January 2017
No time for a life outside of work.
Rude management.
Pressure to sell sell sell and hit targets.
Long Hours.
You basically answer to everyone you work with.
fun and high energy
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham27 June 2016
Very fun girly job, very high energy which can be draining at times. I worked part-time whilst studying and as a part time job it is stressful, as you have targets to work towards and it is a competitive work place. But if you're a confident individual, who loves makeup and challenge this job will be perfect for you.
Pros
Good salary, lots of make-over fun
Cons
stressful enviroment
Horrible place to work
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow6 July 2016
Most people see this counter as a way to get into working in beauty that's why there's such a high staff turnover most don't even last six months to a year.

Job security is not even a thing with benefit and they make out like advancement is a big thing and easy but most end up leaving and getting a new job because it never goes anywhere.

Management are horrible. They focus only on negatives then pretend to encourage you but they put you down in a round about way. They chop and change everyone's days off and shift times and dont let you know its been changed then get mad when you don't check the rota every single day. Staff including management can be very two faced and catty.

All beauty counters are pushy but benefit takes it to a whole new level. You have to traffic stop(try to bring people back to the counter) until you are about to get someone back and I was told not to ask if they want their make up done just to tell them and put my hand on their back to guide them to the counter which in my opinion is ridiculous and most customers don't respond well to this.

Overall it's just a terrible place to work.
I know at least 6 people who have worked for this company and they have all had the same experience. They all say it's horrible and would never go back.
Pros
£150 allocation twice a year
Cons
Management, treatment of staff, overly pushy, negative attitudes, rotas, holidays, no security
Productive & fun
Aesthetician/ Brow Expert (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FL3 January 2017
Fun & Upbeat cosmetics company to work for... would've prefer Full time vs Part time. To qualify for all the perks in health benefits paid vacations & Holidays. As a part timer it isn't as beneficial to work every weekend Friday-Monday and not get full benefits.
Pros
1 hour break & gratis twice a year! Bday gift card
Cons
Part time, daily Paper work
Competitive and fun work environoment
Freelance Make- up Artist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA15 June 2016
Working for Benefit was awesome! If you love the brand and the products you believe in them and work becomes your play ground! Of course there are goals that need to be met and there were times that I would have to really WORK to make those goals, but that is with any brand or company that strives for the best and wants to continue to stay relevant in a very competitive market! Working with other Bebe-babes was always fun, sometimes challenging but none the less worth every minute of the experience. Best part of this job is helping women feel better about themselves and feel prettier. The gratis is pretty awesome too!
Pros
awesome gratis, meeting other bene-babes
Cons
competitive, challenging goals
Benefit Review
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brighton15 June 2016
A typical day at benefit would start with a manager doing set up sheet which you tell us are daily targets and weekly targets. After we would go around the store connecting with customers to get the to sit down and do full makeover on them. we would go through the products and find the perfect products for them. you would in a team of six and i have learned how to be work with a large team successfully and brilliant customer service. the hardest part of my job is i dont feel like im being pushed enough and want to further my career. the most enjoyable part is interacting with customers and doing their makup.
Pros
experince/customer interacting/ applying makeup
Cons
weekends/rota change/late nights
amazing place to work
Supervisor/Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street14 November 2016
loved my year at Benefit met some amazing girls who I know I will be friends with for life! really good company to work for with amazing free bees! However, there was a lot of pressure at times with hitting daily targets etc.
Pros
free makeup allocation
Cons
long hours if full time
Love this company
Arch Expert (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA2 December 2016
I worked for a benefit brow bar in Ulta. I loved it. Pay was great. Management was great. And trainings were amazing. I highly recommend anyone that's into helping people and making money apply
place of work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bristol21 September 2016
• Greeting /assisting customers
•Staying up-to-date with the company/customer promotions and expectations.
•Working as a team as well as on my own.
•Maintaining organised and clear working space.
•Dealing with complaints
•Admin
•Answering/making calls.
• Dealing with delivery and stock at upkeep.
• Cash handling.
.Brow Bar Expert
Brow Bar Expert (Former Employee) –  Clapham Junction, Greater London13 December 2016
Carrying out beauty treatments for customers, providing consultations for makeup and makeup application too.

Upselling products

Time Management

Customer Loyalty
Pros
meeting new customers
Hard work
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Reading9 November 2016
its good to get started with your career but if youre looking to develop and move up you may wish to look else where. its not a half hearted job, and requires a lot of commitment and time.
A fun company to work for!!!
Aesthetician (Current Employee) –  FL18 November 2016
I enjoyed working for Benefit. You get a lot of great perks. Management is understanding and easy to work with. Clients are easy going. Really no complaints.
Pros
makeup
Cons
hours