BENEFIT COSMETICS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Company if you are new to Cosmetics
Account Manager (Former Employee), London, ENGAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Fun atmosphere
Cons: To much Pressure to make Daily Targerts
Benefit are a great company to work for if you are new to cosmetics. They adopt a light hearted approach to new products, training sessions and atmosphere on counter.
During peak sessions eg; Christmas, you feel very pressured to make your daily/weekly targets.
I enjoyed my time whilst working fir this company.
i would never work for them again
Business Manager (Former Employee), Brighton and Hove, ENGAugust 11, 2015
Did not enjoy this role at all. It was very much if your face fits. The store I worked in was not very friendly at all. I would not recommend it to anyone
Lovely place to work
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), EnglandAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Rate of pay, lots of shifts/hours, happy positive work place.
Cons: Standing for long hours.
I worked for benefit when I was 17 over the Christmas period I can say it was the best first job I ever had!

Typical day on the job would consist of restocking the counter, reporting low stock levels to counter manager, cleaning and keeping the counter hygienic and presentable, applying testers to customers, traffic stopping, talking and recommending products to suit customers needs. I learnt how to provide exceptional levels of customer service and excellent sales techniques. Management are brilliant always happy to help no matter what. My work colleagues were lovely so easy to get along with. – more... Hardest part of the job is probably standing on my feet all day ( you're not allowed to sit down )
two weeks in my ankles were swollen and sore, so getting comfortable shoes with ankle support is vital. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting lots of people and solving their beauty mishaps a lot of kind customers who are very trust worthy of putting their looks into your hands. I was also very pleasantly surprised at the rate of pay which was nearly 9 pound an hour. Another bonus was that they required no beauty qualifications from me as this was a sales role. I can say that overall I thoroughly enjoyed working for Benefit! If you love dolling yourself up every day and doing customer s makeup this is definitely for you! – less
Fun workplace but not very organised.
Sales Advisor/ Makeup Artist (Former Employee), South TynesideJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Commission
Cons: Organisation
I was offered a place at benefit cosmetics, however it was a few month i heard anything about being placed in a store when i told i would hear something within a few weeks. Fun place to work with however no training was given and i was expected to be the only person on my counter after my manager left after my first shift.
fun, friendly workplace
beauty consultant (Former Employee), debenhams leedsJune 21, 2015
Pros: progression, good commission
Cons: long working days
I found benefit cosmetics a very friendly and reliable company to work for. There was plenty of opportunity for progression and the targets were realistic and beneficial, my boss manager was very nice and supportive.
nice place
Beauty Adviser (Current Employee), Milton Keynes, ENGJune 16, 2015
Pros: commission free make up
Cons: long hours
nice place to work very sales driven and customer orientated.
Lots of traffic stopping, free make up and nice people to work with
Fast paced, and a very productive work environment.
Esthetician (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 4, 2015
Working at Benefit Cosmetics was a great experience. Everybody had the same mindset - all team players and willing to work and help each other out. We definitely did help each other to advance our performance at work.

Benefit Cosmetics was a very fast paced environment, but it helped me to be very quick and efficient at my job with ease. Being at work was fun everyday - I felt like I didn't even have to try at customer service, because my job was so enjoyable and I was genuinely happy to be there with my coworkers, and also to assist every and all kinds of clients.

The most enjoyable part of my job was that I was able to connect with clients, and help them find exactly what they were looking for. Introducing them to new products that would also further benefit their make-up routine was also enjoyable, especially after seeing how happy they were with their new look!
Enjoyable company to work for with great morals.
Business Manager (Current Employee), London, ENGJune 1, 2015
Pros: Allocation of prodcts
Cons: Working most weekends and late nights.
I am responsible for the Benefit business within our Flagship store on Oxford Street. As the Benefit Business Manager I have overall responsibility for the achievement of all Benefit’s objectives, with the key objective to always maximise on all sales opportunities by providing the best customer service and shopping experience possible.

I have worked for Benefit for over 2 and a half years. I have been placed in several different retailers including House of Fraser, Morleys and currently I am in Boots. My contract is with Boots and I follow the guidelines from Benefit. This can prove difficult sometimes when I flag up issues about my team i.e lateness', absences and this is not always actioned. I want to be as productive as possible and feel I get held back on some things because of this.

I enjoy creating a fun and enjoyable atmosphere for my team to work in. I like to coach and develop everyone in a productive way so they can get the most out of their trainings.
beauty artist/key holder
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee), Naperville, ILMay 12, 2015
i suggestive sell product.
apply makeup to clients.
work with a team.
open and close the store.
knowing the full product line.
knowing conversion with in my store.
Good company
beauty artist (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 10, 2015
Pros: Good to employers, fair pay
Cons: overemphasis on brow waxing not enough on beauty
Management was great, they cared about their employees, pay was decent, the products were ok. their color needed help but had a few great products, they really pushed the brow services so that took over their focus.
Fun & girly place to work
Allocation/Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Free cosmetics
Cons: Lack of leader ship
Fun place to work, high energy! But can be stressful. Fast growing company that has growing pains. Fun & funky packaging for our cosmetics. And of course our saying "Laughter is the BEST COSMETICS"
Driven Daily
Brow Expert (Current Employee), Leicester, ENGApril 24, 2015
Pros: Clients and Colleagues
Cons: Limited appointments
Benefit provide daily targets so it is always exciting to come to work and get busy straight away giving clients the treatments and service they are here for. We also traffic stop to pull more clients in so confidence is a must have.
Fun workplace in a creative role!
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Bury, ENGApril 21, 2015
Pros: Benefit really look after you, ie training, allocation, constant communication.
Sold and applied make up to a range of customers while constantly promoting the fun ethos of the brand. Creatively developed make up skills for different events and needs whilst gaining knowledge in how to cash up and work in a large store competing against other counters. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the customer enjoy the service I was providing and enjoying her time on counter! My typical day usually includes prepping the counter making sure the area and my tools are clean before checking the figures and targets so Im then prepared to traffic stop to sell and convert customers!
Fun work environment with free make-up
Beauty Specialist and Freelance Make-Up Aristist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 20, 2015
Pros: free makeup, fun environment
Cons: not enough steady hours
I go to different Sephora's and Macy's in the Philadelphia, Jersey and Delaware county area to help promote and sell Benefit Cosmetics products. I usually work 5-6 hours on the weekends anywhere from once to 8 times a month, depending on new products and event schedules.

I have learned a great deal about sales, make-up application, and what is in a certain product and how that chemical makeup effects the consumer. In learning about Benefit products, I have also learned a great deal about other competitive products and how Benefit may or may not differ.

The hardest part of my job has been learning how to sell to different regions and working with the different management teams outside of Benefit, i.e. Sephora and Macy's management teams. Every store has a different vibe and also sells different Benefit products.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work for a company that has wonderful products with fun and flirty packaging and gimmicks, and also uses honest pricing. Benefit is all about making women beautiful and having fun while doing so. My management and coworkers all have similar mentalities, which makes the work experience very positive.
Cosmetics is fun
Employee (Former Employee), TexasApril 5, 2015
Pros: Cosmetics was fun to sell and apply. Brand was fun and there was a lot of training.
Cons: Way too idle for me. Benefit was great but Macy's struggled and it showed.
Cosmetics is always fun and the coworkers are great. It was way too idle for me at this mall. Very slow and the store I worked in was not a destination store at all. The store really struggled to get customers and the management was frustrated from the top down, in Macy's. Benefit is a great company with great pay and benefits.
Very Sales Based
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), londonMarch 25, 2015
Pros: lovely customers
Cons: traffic stopping
Good company, fun , quirky but very sales based be ready to TRAFFIC STOP! approaching customers and convincing them to buy your products everyday. You have a daily, weekly and monthly sales sheet.
Fun and Empowering Workplace
Boutique Proprietor (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 18, 2015
Never a dull moment in this fast paced, fun-filled boutique ! An ever-expanding company with a small business feel, Benefit allows their leaders to take risks and think outside the box to deliver results !
fun job poor compensation
Aesthetician (Current Employee), walnut creek caMarch 18, 2015
I love my job and what I do but I am not compensated accordingly.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Nice people
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Solihull, ENGMarch 16, 2015
Being a therapist is satisfying as you are always making clients feel better about themselves and helping them out. However it is very long hours and working every weekend. It is also very tiring as you are usually just massaging for 12 hours a day.
Benefit Cosmetics
Assistant Account Manager (Former Employee), Cork, IrelandMarch 6, 2015
• Persuade others through influence and teamwork as opposed to command and control. Lead by example.
• Track DBR, meet monthly targets. Communicate to staff what are the expectations of them and of Counter target.
• Appropriately staff and manage for product sales and services. Keep staff morale high at all times. Deal with any situations which may occur effectively and efficiently.
• Promote cross selling between services and products, make sure every customer receives the ‘Benefit Experience’.
• Maintain excellent cash control.
• Protect customers’ personal data.
• In partnership with Brow Experts, maintain correct procedures with board regulations.
• Strong time management.
• Maintain the safety and security of all employees.
• Maintain the appearance and cleanliness of the Beauty Bar and Brow Service Pods.
• Always be approachable and give corrective criticism.

Always must keep busy. Targets are everything.

-Make Up Artist