Benefit Cosmetics Employee Reviews

Competitive and fun work environoment
Freelance Make- up Artist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 15, 2016
Working for Benefit was awesome! If you love the brand and the products you believe in them and work becomes your play ground! Of course there are goals that need to be met and there were times that I would have to really WORK to make those goals, but that is with any brand or company that strives for the best and wants to continue to stay relevant in a very competitive market! Working with other Bebe-babes was always fun, sometimes challenging but none the less worth every minute of the experience. Best part of this job is helping women feel better about themselves and feel prettier. The gratis is pretty awesome too!
Pros
awesome gratis, meeting other bene-babes
Cons
competitive, challenging goals
Benefit Review
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  BrightonJune 15, 2016
A typical day at benefit would start with a manager doing set up sheet which you tell us are daily targets and weekly targets. After we would go around the store connecting with customers to get the to sit down and do full makeover on them. we would go through the products and find the perfect products for them. you would in a team of six and i have learned how to be work with a large team successfully and brilliant customer service. the hardest part of my job is i dont feel like im being pushed enough and want to further my career. the most enjoyable part is interacting with customers and doing their makup.
Pros
experince/customer interacting/ applying makeup
Cons
weekends/rota change/late nights
Not the place to be
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 9, 2016
It is a toxic environment, french driven management.
Not too much room to grow if you are in middle level management.

Most people will not stay for more than 2 years.
Exciting
Counter Manager and Brow bar Ambassador (trainer) (Current Employee) –  Waterford city, County WaterfordJune 7, 2016
benefit gives great opportunities to all it's staff to develop and improve their skills and expertise. I have learned numerous things throughout my time here. I have worked my way up through the company and have experienced the company in both Belfast City and Waterford City. I mostly enjoy dealing with new customers and building great rapport with regulars. I love working in a team while being more than capable of working individually. Having responsibilities and meeting targets excite me.
On your feet, get up and go!
Beauty Artist/Advisor (Former Employee) –  SheffieldMay 19, 2016
Rush rush rush company, however fantastic training always eager to progress you further. Lovely help when needed, You have to have a lot of energy to work for this company. they are what have made me so hungry for sales as i am today! so if you want to be sales thirsty this is the company to get you going.
Fun Environment
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  LisburnMay 7, 2016
Interaction with eclectic people, courteous co workers and encouraging management, discounts and access to new releases before customers. commission on products.
Pros and cons
Aesthetician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2016
While the general idea of benefit is to promote a "girlfriend" experience it is often a Mean Girls environment with obvious favoritism and often encourages a competitive vs team atmosphere.
Employees in equal positions are not all held accountable the same way, tips are not always paid in a timely manner and advancement is difficult.
However the base pay and product commission is Standard and the gratis program allows you to try the products which do what they say they will and are affordable to most customers.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
No work/life balance, unprofessional employees, favortism
lovely staff
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  LondonApril 12, 2016
lovely staff on my team - bad management - i was promised more than i received and i was falsely made to think that working in this environment will allow for me to progress quickly.
fun work environment
Benefit Brand expert (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2016
benefit is one of the most amazing and fun brands to work for that is out there! they sincerely believe in laughter being the best cosmetic!
Pros
great hours
Cons
growth and health care
Lively, busy and productive
Beauty Adviser (Current Employee) –  LondonMarch 13, 2016
I enjoy working as part of a team, my day is always busy and I enjoy communicating and mixing with clients. I have learned to apply enhancing cosmetics and making the most of clients individual features.
good company
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bury St. EdmundsMarch 6, 2016
i enjoy my job with benefit costmetics, its hard work, busy and can be fun. made loads of friends, learnt new skills, there's lots of perks working for the company.
Sales sales saless!!
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  LondonMarch 2, 2016
A typical day involves approaching everyone and anyone to buy products. Targets were always set ridiculously high. Management are awful and really dont care about their employees. Extremely high turnover. Only good thing was the pay and commission.
Pros
Pay
Amazing but...
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-TeesFebruary 27, 2016
I worked for Benefit for a few months. Loved it so much. Cannot honestly tell you anything other than the job is so fun, productive and worth while. I have not worked in a job where I loved every second working. I am not kidding you. My area manager at the time was super supportive and adorable, she had know traffic stopping was something I was afraid of and helped me tackle that down.
However, I had some random tiffs with my colleague (account manager & a consultant) and I ended up losing my job and suffered few weeks being depressed.
I had received information from a colleague who has moved to another store that the account manager had treated her exactly how I was treated and that a lot of the benegirls dont seem to get a long with her. Nevertheless, I had re applied to every benefit job that had been going around in my area and not even one look. It's as if the new area manager is not even considering my application. I was fine with the other girl i was working with at the job, i had always been working on my own never with other people unless weekend and i find it pretty unfair that a harsh judgement was made.
I was good at the job and made many customers come back and buy more and been honest throughout my job, but it really seems none of that matters.
I have tried to find a contact email for the area manager but i cannot, simply to get feedback why my application is constantly being unsuccessful as i really wanted to work with benefit again. I really loved my job.

Other than that the job itself is super fun and easy. I loved every second of it and surely you will
  more... too. Just be wary that beauty has catty moment, even the people who you think have your back done actually have you back. Be yourself and rely only yourself, you will love your job loads just as i did.  less
Pros
you get the products that come to release
Cons
catty workers. Area manager left at my time and organisation in my work place fell through.
High pressured
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  CanterburyFebruary 26, 2016
Although there are many perks of working for Benefit, such as free products and good commission, it can be a very stressful company to work for. The brand can sometimes have very unrealistic expectations of their employees. The staff turnover is very high, however, because of this it means you can progress very quickly!
Pros
Free makeup, good commission
Cons
stressful
Lots of perks! Fun environment, fast paced, and you never know what to expect
Arch Expert/ Esthetician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 26, 2016
A typical day at work consists of me setting up my work station to standard, checking the appointment book so that I am aware of my appointments and break period. During down time I call to confirm appointments for the following day, restock waxing supplies, restock products on the sales fixture, cut muslin, and traffic stop potential clients. When business picks up my objectives are to deliver a 20 minute brow service, which includes the consult, brow mapping, laying the wax, selling product, styling the brow /retouch the clients makeup and rebooking. About mid day I take my break for 1 hour and return to the fore mentioned. By the end of the night I begin gathering all my paperwork together, record my daily sales and services and clean/sanitize my area for the next day. I Spend 6 to 8 hours on feet daily, Work weekends, work until 7pm or 8pm sometimes later if busy. Like most customer service related jobs you run into a customer that is hard to please. Otherwise not a bad job, meet new people ever day, you talk a lot when educating your clients on products. Very girlie, youthful environment, retro packaging and irreverent names for products make it a fun line to work for.
Pros
Sick Pay, 1 hour breaks, Good Tips, Gratis twice a year, Surprise from the company on your birthday!
Cons
Work weekends, stand on feet all day, must be a pro at multitasking.
fun to make someone feel pretty
Santa Rosa- Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAFebruary 23, 2016
Its like a roller coaster, I love that I got a chance to explore a whole new workforce experience.I wouldn't of thought that i would like to make cosmetology as a life career.
Makeup Heaven
Role - Beauty Consultant/Make-Up Artist (Current Employee) –  LiverpoolFebruary 10, 2016
Working in the makeup/beauty industry is such a lovely job, meeting and seeing new faces each and every day. It is amazing to make someone up and to see there reaction to when you do all there makeup it is priceless and such heartwarming to see and hear peoples reactions, it makes my job the best ever! Making peoples day makes my own day 1000 times better, it is such a blessing.
Productive workplace
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  GlasgowJanuary 28, 2016
I was a Christmas temp and it was pointless as they were over staffed. Got to carry out some make up appointments. I met targets when needed.Didn't get treated as part of team. Wouldn't work for this complaint again.
Amazing company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  NE, ENGDecember 23, 2015
Look after there staff and excellent working ethic, excellent benefits and great products.Highly recommend especially to people wanting to get into the cosmetics industry.
Fun work place
Brow Bar expert (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENGDecember 4, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Opportunities to move up within the company and develop new skills. High targets but this is expected in the cosmetic and sales industry.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Targets