Bench Employee Reviews

Review
Employee (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 April 2017
It's a company that offers good quality products, however working here has become stressful and almost unpleasant. With the N01, the company has made a lot of cutbacks, increasing employees workload without compensation.
Great
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 April 2017
Bench has a very positive and fun environment. You will learn how to deal with traffic and other sorts of challenges through out your employment. Management will do everything in their power to help you in and outside the store as well.
Pros
fun environment and professional
Great Job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON24 March 2017
The store was getting slow when I started working there, but an average day was good, with polite customers an a safe work environment. Really great people are hired there, so it makes the long work days where near no one comes in more manageable. The hardest part I would say, is during the off season, selling expensive merchandise, without discounts. But it's all a part of the job!
Selling clothes you'll learn great customer service skills.
Key holder/Top sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 March 2017
Quick environment, great employees, dealing with a variety of customers and getting to know them, paper work, stock, shipping and receiving all are tasks of a key holder and enjoybable and it gives you more to fill your day, as well as keeping track of sales goals, SPH, and helping your team to meet their goals and helping them understand why they didn't.
Pros
Customers!
Cons
Managment at the time.
Productive place to be
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2017
was fun and loved the staff but willing for a change, too much turn over but was an awesome fun little place to work. Always something to do and was a very fast paced place to be.
Pros
discount, allowance, benefits
Cons
hours, schedule.
a typical day at work
Assistant Manager (MIT) (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON22 January 2017
A typical day at work would be to perform opening duties receive daily reviews and set store goals. Manage Staff, Merchandise, and Returns. Perform Shipping And Receiving Duties
Pros
Clothing allowance
Cons
Hoildays
Decent place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 January 2017
The people are really nice and the perks are pretty good. The style and amount of tasks can be overwhelming though and certain policies can have customers getting really cranky.
I was sad to leave, and hope to return.
Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 December 2016
Bench was a fantastic place to work. The only thing that pushed me to leave was ultimately a low salary.

I loved the culture, the corporate enablement and mental health awareness, there are so many perks about Bench. You have flexibility to work from anywhere in the world, and the medical package is great.

I was hoping to move into one of the other departments but had to take on another job to make finances. It become too many hours and was a struggle to keep both. I chose the more profitable option, which I am sad to have done. If an opening in the department I was gunning for opens up, I will apply.
Pros
Communal Food, Open work space, forward thinking, LGBTQ friendly, dog friendly, great nerdy office culture...
Cons
low salaries, not a lot of advancement due to the structure of the company.
Excitating yet challenging job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2016
The job challenges you as not ever customer is the same. Each individual customer prefer a certain way to be approached and assisted. The most enjoyable time was having breaks with everyone walking by to grab an item as they would walk by they would be smelling the delicious aromas of the different food that everyone made.
Pros
Get to meet a lot of people
Cons
small store for the amount of merchandise we presented
Great environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada15 November 2016
Great environment to work in. Staff were fun and competitive, without needing to worry about aggressive sales-people. Advancing was difficult, as HO was strict about promotions or raises
Pros
allowance for management, contest to win free clothes
Cons
pay
Garbage
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2016
managment well really only one person in management is HORRIBLE. Making up excuses and blaming others and thinks they are better than everyone else, not understanding of personal matters that NEED to be attended to. Biggest problem getting shift covered or switched, hangers are horrible everything just falls off and then associates get blamed for it. Just very messy environment and also a lot of gossip talk. Don't work here its not worth it they say their understanding their not, they promise you things... they won't deliver
Pros
Nothing didnt even get my free outfit
Cons
Fun, great clothes, and good customers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 October 2016
I really enjoy the people I work with at Bench. My coworkers and customers are amazing people, and I really like to save them money. Which was great because in Windsor I could help them to save. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Hours
Over worked
Key holder (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 October 2016
Expected way too much of employees, very little room for advancement, promises of promotions to keep you from leaving company.
Pros
Meeting awesome customers
Cons
Too much stress for a retail job.
Fun and dynamic environment
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 October 2016
I learned a lot about working as part of a team, delegating, prioritizing and managing tasks. I enjoyed the work environment, and meeting new people every time I was on the floor.
Hip fashion sense with a touch of sophistication.
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 September 2016
Bench. What a place to work!
The environment is a wonderful place to feel involved and apart of the team right off the bat. The fashion is ahead of its time, creating new trends and hip styles for every season still with a touch of sophistication. Every customer should feel warm and welcomed when entering Bench with the positive staff members and all around product knowledge, no one should ever leave disappointed. The management was outstanding, while district was a blast to have around. New stock, new product knowledge, new contest, management always had a way to motivate us to be our very best and constantly shoot for the stars.
Pros
Positive coworkers
Cons
Low traffic
Great place to work and learn to grow from
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2016
Able to gain a lot of experience in the customer service field, will learn to juggle several tasks at once. Was able to meet others who shared the same drive and want to help others. If you want to gain sales and customer experience then this is the job.
Good place to work.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2016
The management at Bench southgate is amazing, they care about their staff and their customers.

They listen to everything they have to say, they are very genuine.

Hardest part of the job would be cleaning after messy customers.

Most enjoyable part of the job the free food.
Pros
Free food
Cons
cleaning up after messy customers
nice place
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 May 2016
get workers, pay not so great but overall get people to work with. Get's really boring and nothing to do and yeah that is it
not a good place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2016
All I can say is get things in writing. You will be promised things and they will never come thru. This may be a good place for a couple months but good luck trying to stick it thru with this company.
Productive Workplace
Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON28 February 2016
During a shift I am always kept busy and doing something. The management staff and other staff are all very pleasant people to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bench. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval