Bench Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2017
A typical day at work would be constant transactions and folding clothes when there is no customers. The management in my workplace was incredible; absolutely loved the environment, very friendly, interactive with one another and loves joking around.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 May 2017
Fun to work, easily part of the team, nice people. Enjoyed the company of work mates, learned to communicate better with customers, learned new skills to better myself in the future
insensitive
Sales Ambassador (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON9 May 2017
management not very understanding towards students. Only care about hours and what you can do for them. A lot of pressure to meet sales goals, however it is impossible to make a bonus.
KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 April 2017
The discount is great, 40% off which is nice. Also our manager was amazing! It was a very relaxed environment which made working there very comfortable.
Review
Employee (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 April 2017
It's a company that offers good quality products, however working here has become stressful and almost unpleasant. With the N01, the company has made a lot of cutbacks, increasing employees workload without compensation.
overall good workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2017
a typical day at work should be full of pleasant people that are able to work and communicate with each other. i learned about time management , better customer service, and sales in general, in which how to approach customers without disturbing them .
Pros
comission on top of hourly wage
Cons
long hours very low traffic
Great
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 April 2017
Bench has a very positive and fun environment. You will learn how to deal with traffic and other sorts of challenges through out your employment. Management will do everything in their power to help you in and outside the store as well.
Pros
fun environment and professional
Great Job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON24 March 2017
The store was getting slow when I started working there, but an average day was good, with polite customers an a safe work environment. Really great people are hired there, so it makes the long work days where near no one comes in more manageable. The hardest part I would say, is during the off season, selling expensive merchandise, without discounts. But it's all a part of the job!
Selling clothes you'll learn great customer service skills.
Key holder/Top sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 March 2017
Quick environment, great employees, dealing with a variety of customers and getting to know them, paper work, stock, shipping and receiving all are tasks of a key holder and enjoybable and it gives you more to fill your day, as well as keeping track of sales goals, SPH, and helping your team to meet their goals and helping them understand why they didn't.
Pros
Customers!
Cons
Managment at the time.
Productive place to be
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2017
was fun and loved the staff but willing for a change, too much turn over but was an awesome fun little place to work. Always something to do and was a very fast paced place to be.
Pros
discount, allowance, benefits
Cons
hours, schedule.

Want to know more about Bench?

Ask a question
a typical day at work
Assistant Manager (MIT) (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON22 January 2017
A typical day at work would be to perform opening duties receive daily reviews and set store goals. Manage Staff, Merchandise, and Returns. Perform Shipping And Receiving Duties
Pros
Clothing allowance
Cons
Hoildays
Decent place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 January 2017
The people are really nice and the perks are pretty good. The style and amount of tasks can be overwhelming though and certain policies can have customers getting really cranky.
I was sad to leave, and hope to return.
Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 December 2016
Bench was a fantastic place to work. The only thing that pushed me to leave was ultimately a low salary.

I loved the culture, the corporate enablement and mental health awareness, there are so many perks about Bench. You have flexibility to work from anywhere in the world, and the medical package is great.

I was hoping to move into one of the other departments but had to take on another job to make finances. It become too many hours and was a struggle to keep both. I chose the more profitable option, which I am sad to have done. If an opening in the department I was gunning for opens up, I will apply.
Pros
Communal Food, Open work space, forward thinking, LGBTQ friendly, dog friendly, great nerdy office culture...
Cons
low salaries, not a lot of advancement due to the structure of the company.
Excitating yet challenging job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2016
The job challenges you as not ever customer is the same. Each individual customer prefer a certain way to be approached and assisted. The most enjoyable time was having breaks with everyone walking by to grab an item as they would walk by they would be smelling the delicious aromas of the different food that everyone made.
Pros
Get to meet a lot of people
Cons
small store for the amount of merchandise we presented
Great environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada15 November 2016
Great environment to work in. Staff were fun and competitive, without needing to worry about aggressive sales-people. Advancing was difficult, as HO was strict about promotions or raises
Pros
allowance for management, contest to win free clothes
Cons
pay
Garbage
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2016
managment well really only one person in management is HORRIBLE. Making up excuses and blaming others and thinks they are better than everyone else, not understanding of personal matters that NEED to be attended to. Biggest problem getting shift covered or switched, hangers are horrible everything just falls off and then associates get blamed for it. Just very messy environment and also a lot of gossip talk. Don't work here its not worth it they say their understanding their not, they promise you things... they won't deliver
Pros
Nothing didnt even get my free outfit
Cons
Fun, great clothes, and good customers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 October 2016
I really enjoy the people I work with at Bench. My coworkers and customers are amazing people, and I really like to save them money. Which was great because in Windsor I could help them to save. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Hours
Over worked
Key holder (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 October 2016
Expected way too much of employees, very little room for advancement, promises of promotions to keep you from leaving company.
Pros
Meeting awesome customers
Cons
Too much stress for a retail job.
Fun and dynamic environment
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 October 2016
I learned a lot about working as part of a team, delegating, prioritizing and managing tasks. I enjoyed the work environment, and meeting new people every time I was on the floor.
Hip fashion sense with a touch of sophistication.
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 September 2016
Bench. What a place to work!
The environment is a wonderful place to feel involved and apart of the team right off the bat. The fashion is ahead of its time, creating new trends and hip styles for every season still with a touch of sophistication. Every customer should feel warm and welcomed when entering Bench with the positive staff members and all around product knowledge, no one should ever leave disappointed. The management was outstanding, while district was a blast to have around. New stock, new product knowledge, new contest, management always had a way to motivate us to be our very best and constantly shoot for the stars.
Pros
Positive coworkers
Cons
Low traffic