BELTERRA CASINO RESORT & SPA Employee Reviews

Good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vevay, IN12 July 2017
They are a good company to work for. They let you have pro, health insurance if you work more than 40 hours, and some of the managers are amazing.I would work there again.
Fun job with great pay
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Florence, IN26 June 2017
Playing card games with customers. There is a lot that goes on behind the scene in a casino. Always learning new card games and procedures. Going to the party every night made the job always fun.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Lead Laundry Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Florence, IN30 April 2017
would be the Team members that i work with . They are very nice and friendly . They go out beyond their way to make sure things are done correctly and enjoy doing it
Pros
good insurance
Cons
low staffing levels
Fun to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Florence, IN USA28 April 2017
Its a lot of fun working in this company your workmate is there for you to help and assist. team work is here and cool chefs. the salary is quite good too.
Front desk clerk
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Florence, KY28 April 2017
Love my regular guests and the people I work with. The job can be stressful at times but overall an enjoyable place to work. The only downfall is that there are minimal opportunities available within the department.
fun, no life other than work
Blackjack Dealer (Former Employee) –  belterra, in18 April 2017
Worked there for years as a blackjack dealer loved it except for the occasional rude guest and the occasional rude floor supervisors . Some floors did not care about you or if you got in trouble . They would throw you under the bus
Great company to work for, so many different opportunities from the beginning level positions to the highest rungs on the ladder.
Revenue Auditor (Current Employee) –  Florence, IN6 April 2017
Belterra is a first rate company with many different job opportunities. Training is available in most positions. They offer Very good medical and dental benefits as well as vision benefits. Optional life insurance and disability insurances to those who qualify. As an employee many discounts are available around property The best part of the job is the people I work with. Belterra has a very diverse group of employees. who always seem to have a smile on. Working with the Belterra team I have had the opportunity to learn many different aspects of my current position. Every new task given, was also given a training period for quality assurance.
Pros
employee parking company team member dining room
Cons
The Casino is a fast pased entertainment industry and sometimes require long hours.
Livly environment
VIP REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Florence, IN5 April 2017
A good place to work with many possible positions. You have the opportunity to move from position to position inside the casino and meet many people. You learn a lot of all the departments no matter what department you work in. It is a big team oriented establishment meaning everyone from all departments helps in some aspect to the guest whether or not that is your specific department.
Pros
Great advancement oppurtonities
Cons
Low pay
Not that great
Table Games Dealer/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Florence, IN5 April 2017
It's a job.. There is EXTREME favoritism up on there.. Upper management is aware of it and just looks the other way.. Could be a great place to work if the cliques were broken up. For example, they HAVE to take breaks together.. Like youll be in 1 hr 40 months and they'll b coming back from their 3rd cigarette break.
Cons
working EVERY holiday.. They don't even give anything extra or recognize Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc
I'ts a Job!!And pays the bills..
cook (Former Employee) –  Florence, IN17 March 2017
Pros:THE money is there if you are willing to work:Cons:Favortism,Some poor management,but not all,but those that are will make it hard for you to want to go back the next day or even stay.You have no life cause all holidays are mandatory and weekends are always required.There business is all about the customers and making that money for entertainment purposes,but think they should consider there employees at some point,like shutting down on a major holiday or two,and all the money they save on running the place and paying the employees for that particular day should be giving away on a special day for customers as a huge cash drawing.Not the best place to work and a huge turnaround.But it's all there really is for the locals that don't want to commute far for work.
not to bad
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Florence, IN25 February 2017
slow and long really depends on where you start. it could be good money or no money really just depends. you may get good shifts but prolly noy poeple have been there for years and you wont be so
Pros
health care
Cons
dumb managers
Janitorial
Utility Porter (Current Employee) –  Florence, IN3 January 2017
Fun work environment and friendly people , really nice place to have a family meal. Nice little bars. The games are fun and have high payouts. Our hotel is a great place to stay. We have a fun service salon.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
No respect from supervisors
Gaming Casino... A place to go for entertainment.
Marketing Coordinator-Promotions (Former Employee) –  Florence, IN15 October 2016
I set up promotions. Guests swiped their player cards to enter a special promotional give away. I also had special promotional games for prizes. I learned people skills. I can interact with all walks of life. My co-workers were hard workers and put a lot of time into customer service. The hardest part of the job was standing long periods of time in 5 inch heels. Especially on New Years Eve and keeping a smile on my face. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the guests. I enjoyed seeing them smile and their excitement when winning.
Fun place to work because of guests.
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Florence, IN30 June 2016
A lot of people have poor attitudes at the job. Hardly any chance of advancement unless you're a very attractive person, I don't mean to be petty but that's the way it is. The guests are great to work with, most days are pretty busy but there are days that are really slow.
Pros
8 hour days include a paid lunch. Health care is okay.
Great Place To Work
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Florence, IN7 June 2016
Really Great Place To Work. Two Dollar Lunches Free Drinks Good Insurance. Clean Place To Work. Great Work Schedule. Great Place To Work.
Pros
2 Dollar Lunches, Really laid back
Meeting new people everyday was great,
Cook (Former Employee) –  Florence, IN11 April 2016
I was always told if I can't say nice thing don't talk about them, but if an employer or the corporation needs to know anything about that site I be happy to explain. I will say just don't put in your two weeks there. You might as well just walk out, even if its unprofessional. Professional is a two way street.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Safety hazards!!!
co-works are great and work as team. Not alot of room to move up the ladder.
Casino Sales Host (Former Employee) –  Florence, IN1 December 2015
A lot of good and friendly employees. Salaries are low compared to similar businesses in the same area. Little room for advancement. Great place to learn good customer service.
Pros
decent health benifits and 401k
Cons
low salaries compared to other similar businesses.
Great Place To Work
SURVIELLANCE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Florence, IN25 October 2015
Great Place to Work, great benefits. wonderful environment if you like fast paced work. Numerous opportunities for advancement.
Belterra
cage cashier (Former Employee) –  florence indiana26 July 2015
I loved my job there. The co-workers were very friendly. My typical day at work was clocking in for 8 hours a day. I never had a bad day at work. i enjoyed everything that I did. The hardest part of the day would be counting out very large amounts of money. I did it fast and hardly ever made any mistakes.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
health care
good place to work with exciting atmosphere.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Vevay, In.16 June 2015
good place to work with exciting atmosphere. Good people to work with and to work for. Gained immense knowledge of the gaming industry that included guest interactions.
Pros
Discount meals.
Cons
work hours