BELTERRA CASINO RESORT & SPA Employee Reviews

Meeting new people everyday was great,
Cook (Former Employee) –  Florence, INApril 11, 2016
I was always told if I can't say nice thing don't talk about them, but if an employer or the corporation needs to know anything about that site I be happy to explain. I will say just don't put in your two weeks there. You might as well just walk out, even if its unprofessional. Professional is a two way street.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Safety hazards!!!
Great Place To Work
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Florence, INJune 7, 2016
Really Great Place To Work. Two Dollar Lunches Free Drinks Good Insurance. Clean Place To Work. Great Work Schedule. Great Place To Work.
Pros
2 Dollar Lunches, Really laid back
co-works are great and work as team. Not alot of room to move up the ladder.
Casino Sales Host (Former Employee) –  Florence, INDecember 1, 2015
A lot of good and friendly employees. Salaries are low compared to similar businesses in the same area. Little room for advancement. Great place to learn good customer service.
Pros
decent health benifits and 401k
Cons
low salaries compared to other similar businesses.
Belterra
cage cashier (Former Employee) –  florence indianaJuly 26, 2015
I loved my job there. The co-workers were very friendly. My typical day at work was clocking in for 8 hours a day. I never had a bad day at work. i enjoyed everything that I did. The hardest part of the day would be counting out very large amounts of money. I did it fast and hardly ever made any mistakes.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
health care
Great Place To Work
SURVIELLANCE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Florence, INOctober 25, 2015
Great Place to Work, great benefits. wonderful environment if you like fast paced work. Numerous opportunities for advancement.
good place to work with exciting atmosphere.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Vevay, In.June 16, 2015
good place to work with exciting atmosphere. Good people to work with and to work for. Gained immense knowledge of the gaming industry that included guest interactions.
Pros
Discount meals.
Cons
work hours
busy casino atmosphere directed toward guests, never employees
Lead Mychoice representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, INJanuary 16, 2014
out of at least 1,000 employees, only five or six parking spots were designated for handicapped employees. Clique atmosphere - if you were not part of the group, there was no getting in. Work schedule included nights, weekends and holidays - NO overtime pay for working on holidays. The only time I was allowed to sit down was on my two 15 minute breaks and my half hour lunch break - after I had walked about 1/4 mile to the lunch room.
Cons
short breaks, never allowed to sit down, poor health care plan
Great place to work, great enviroment, ability to move up in the company
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Florence, INMay 30, 2013
Probably the most enjoyable job I have had to date. There are so many benifits to working at Belterra Casino. There free membership at the local YMCA, Chef made meals on your lunch break for 3 dollars a meal, the health, vision, and dental insurance are outstanding and they run their own insurance company because they are such a large company with so many employees. The work enviroment can be fast paced but it makes the day go by faster and where I worked you also received tips. If i hadnt moved out of state im sure I would gladly still be working for this company.
Pros
excellent benifits, decent pay, great enviroment, ability to move up within the company
Cons
they do not recognize holidays, so you may have to work christmas and such
was enjoyable meeting so many people.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Florence, INMarch 6, 2013
Enjoyed meeting people from all over the world. Typical day for me was checking guest out of their rooms. My hours were from 6am to 2pm. Learned that the customer is almost always right. Learned to listen more. I enjoyed meeting guests and knowing what they wanted and fulfilling their wants.
Pros
3 months into my job got to pick my hours.
Cons
having to wear ugly uniforms.
productive and fun cashier work
cage cashier (Former Employee) –  Florence, INJune 8, 2012
Being a cashier at Belterra was more than work, it was fun. I always looked forward to going to work because every day was different, even though the work was the same, the people were different, they were fun and always did funny and different things every time they came visited Belterra. If they won we got the praise, if they lost, well, we got the blame. Cashiers are kind of like quarterbacks in a football game, no credit when things go well, all the blame when the things go wrong. Belterra had celebrities come in which was fun to see, and they treated the workers very well when I was there, Christmas parties, great food, bonuses and promotions if we worked hard enough. They were fair in hiring people too, not focusing on just young people they hired people over 40 which is rare in the business world. All in all Belterra was a great place to work for and I would work there again if possible.
Pros
insurance, bonuses, advancement, fun, fair employers
Cons
i have no con to say about belterra
Great!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, INSeptember 11, 2013
My favorite job to date! I loved the fast paced environment that this company provided. On a given day, I was answering 500+ inbound calls per day. I loved staying busy and helping customers!
very fun place to work. guests were fun to work for and listen to
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  florence, inFebruary 17, 2012
Loved working here got to meet fun and new people every day loved the envirment. overall fun place
Pros
cheap lunches
Cons
people trashing rooms really bad
Allows you to move up into management positions
Retail Procurement Processor (Current Employee) –  Vevay, INJune 6, 2012
Belterra is a good place to work. So many different jobs. It allows you to transfer with in the company to find something that fits you.
Guest Experience Specialist
Guest Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Human ResourcesDecember 15, 2013
Great opportunity to work with the customer and be a vital asset to the entire company
Pros
great exposure
Cons
work/life balance
Fun place to work
Slot Tech Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Vevay, INSeptember 9, 2013
Fun place to work and learn. Good pay as long as your are in the right job. Hard work pays off here.
Pros
good pay and fast promotions
Cons
its a casino
Every day was different
Hotel Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, INAugust 19, 2012
A typical work day consisted of typical hotelier tasks, but the great thing about this job is that is was never boring.
Productive and Fun environment
Finance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vevay, IndianaSeptember 19, 2013
As I am a people person, I enjoyed working and meeting all different types of people from all walks of life.
nice place to work
Deckhand (Former Employee) –  Florence, INJanuary 7, 2013
i cleaned in the main areas of the casino my favorite part of the job was working with the public and meeting new people
Somewhat productive, although not the best work environment.
Lead Mychoice Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, INAugust 22, 2012
Almost always busy assisting guests (interior and exterior), sold tickets to events via Ticketmaster, worked closely with reps including creating and overseeing break schedules and daily work assignment sheets, assisted with Promotions.

Management was very reluctant to assist when needed. They seemed to have their "favorite" employees with whom they would be lax with policies, seemed to be overly critical/strict with those they did not favor.

Co-workers: in general were easy to work with. When I was promoted from rep to Lead rep they continued to work with me with very few problems.

Hardest part of job: Coming to mutually agreeable solutions to guests' problems, assisting guests with promotions with little or no help from other reps/Managers (working alone).

Most enjoyable part of job: meeting guests from many different areas (including other countries), talking to them and feeling like you were getting to know them, sharing stories/jokes.
Pros
free meals on holidays such as thanksgiving, christmas and new years.
Cons
breaks too short, insurance plan not the best, disgruntled guests who could not be satisfied.
get to meet all kinds of people
slot attendant (Former Employee) –  Florence, INApril 11, 2013
was an okay place to work didnt get holidays off management kinda stunk