BELTERRA CASINO RESORT & SPA

BELTERRA CASINO RESORT & SPA Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
busy casino atmosphere directed toward guests, never employees
Lead Mychoice representative (Former Employee), Florence, INJanuary 16, 2014
Cons: short breaks, never allowed to sit down, poor health care plan
out of at least 1,000 employees, only five or six parking spots were designated for handicapped employees. Clique atmosphere - if you were not part of the group, there was no getting in. Work schedule included nights, weekends and holidays - NO overtime pay for working on holidays. The only time I was allowed to sit down was on my two 15 minute breaks – more... and my half hour lunch break - after I had walked about 1/4 mile to the lunch room. – less
Guest Experience Specialist
Guest Experience Specialist (Former Employee), Human ResourcesDecember 15, 2013
Pros: great exposure
Cons: work/life balance
Great opportunity to work with the customer and be a vital asset to the entire company
Productive and Fun environment
Finance Supervisor (Former Employee), Vevay, IndianaSeptember 19, 2013
As I am a people person, I enjoyed working and meeting all different types of people from all walks of life.
Great!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Florence, INSeptember 11, 2013
My favorite job to date! I loved the fast paced environment that this company provided. On a given day, I was answering 500+ inbound calls per day. I loved staying busy and helping customers!
Fun place to work
Slot Tech Shift Manager (Former Employee), Vevay, INSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: good pay and fast promotions
Cons: its a casino
Fun place to work and learn. Good pay as long as your are in the right job. Hard work pays off here.
Great place to work, great enviroment, ability to move up in the company
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), Florence, INMay 30, 2013
Pros: excellent benifits, decent pay, great enviroment, ability to move up within the company
Cons: they do not recognize holidays, so you may have to work christmas and such
Probably the most enjoyable job I have had to date. There are so many benifits to working at Belterra Casino. There free membership at the local YMCA, Chef made meals on your lunch break for 3 dollars a meal, the health, vision, and dental insurance are outstanding and they run their own insurance company because they are such a large company with so – more... many employees. The work enviroment can be fast paced but it makes the day go by faster and where I worked you also received tips. If i hadnt moved out of state im sure I would gladly still be working for this company. – less
get to meet all kinds of people
slot attendant (Former Employee), Florence, INApril 11, 2013
was an okay place to work didnt get holidays off management kinda stunk
was enjoyable meeting so many people.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Florence, INMarch 6, 2013
Pros: 3 months into my job got to pick my hours.
Cons: having to wear ugly uniforms.
Enjoyed meeting people from all over the world. Typical day for me was checking guest out of their rooms. My hours were from 6am to 2pm. Learned that the customer is almost always right. Learned to listen more. I enjoyed meeting guests and knowing what they wanted and fulfilling their wants.
nice place to work
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), Florence, INJanuary 26, 2013
Very nice place to work, fast pace you never have a none productive moment
nice place to work
Deckhand (Former Employee), Florence, INJanuary 7, 2013
i cleaned in the main areas of the casino my favorite part of the job was working with the public and meeting new people
Employees are discouraged from being individuals.
Lead Representative (Former Employee), Florence, INOctober 1, 2012
Pros: free dinner at thanksgiving and christmas and sometimes on new year's eve.
Cons: work every weekend and every holiday, you do not receive holiday pay, you get to read a generic thank you letter for having worked.
Eight hours could consist of any or all of the following: guest (customer) service - creation of players' accounts/cards; dealing with and resolving customer complaints to mutual agreement; scheduling/greeting bus groups; Ticketmaster sales - before and at showtime; scheduling reps work assignments and break times; ensuring all employees received their – more... breaks in a timely manner; assisting with casino promotions from handouts of scheduled promotional items to assisting with Marketing promotions; entering time data into Kronos.

While employed at Belterra I learned the hospitality side of business operations. I learned how to make hotel reservations; PBX operations; Casino business operations; how to record employees' time on the Kronos system; ticket sales through Ticketmaster.

Management is not the best. There is a lot of unfair treatment of employees (it depends on who you are and whether management likes you). Reviews extend beyond the standard form. You (as an employee) can perform at or above accepted standards, yet not receive a good review. I believe that management has been ordered to perform reviews in this manner in order to keep payroll costs down.

The most difficult part of my job there was dealing with complaints from guests. Many times I would resolve issues according to policies in place only to have a Supervisor override my decision in order to keep certain clientele returning to our Casino, while I was told by Supervisors NOT to resolve issues to their satisfaction if it was someone who did not regularly frequent the casino. (They would look at a guest's playing record to make their decisions.)

The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting people from all walks of life - even from abroad and hearing some of their stories. – less
Somewhat productive, although not the best work environment.
Lead Mychoice Representative (Former Employee), Florence, INAugust 22, 2012
Pros: free meals on holidays such as thanksgiving, christmas and new years.
Cons: breaks too short, insurance plan not the best, disgruntled guests who could not be satisfied.
Almost always busy assisting guests (interior and exterior), sold tickets to events via Ticketmaster, worked closely with reps including creating and overseeing break schedules and daily work assignment sheets, assisted with Promotions.

Management was very reluctant to assist when needed. They seemed to have their "favorite" employees with whom they – more... would be lax with policies, seemed to be overly critical/strict with those they did not favor.

Co-workers: in general were easy to work with. When I was promoted from rep to Lead rep they continued to work with me with very few problems.

Hardest part of job: Coming to mutually agreeable solutions to guests' problems, assisting guests with promotions with little or no help from other reps/Managers (working alone).

Most enjoyable part of job: meeting guests from many different areas (including other countries), talking to them and feeling like you were getting to know them, sharing stories/jokes. – less
Every day was different
Hotel Services Manager (Former Employee), Florence, INAugust 19, 2012
A typical work day consisted of typical hotelier tasks, but the great thing about this job is that is was never boring.
productive and fun cashier work
cage cashier (Former Employee), Florence, INJune 8, 2012
Pros: insurance, bonuses, advancement, fun, fair employers
Cons: i have no con to say about belterra
Being a cashier at Belterra was more than work, it was fun. I always looked forward to going to work because every day was different, even though the work was the same, the people were different, they were fun and always did funny and different things every time they came visited Belterra. If they won we got the praise, if they lost, well, we got the – more... blame. Cashiers are kind of like quarterbacks in a football game, no credit when things go well, all the blame when the things go wrong. Belterra had celebrities come in which was fun to see, and they treated the workers very well when I was there, Christmas parties, great food, bonuses and promotions if we worked hard enough. They were fair in hiring people too, not focusing on just young people they hired people over 40 which is rare in the business world. All in all Belterra was a great place to work for and I would work there again if possible. – less
Allows you to move up into management positions
Retail Procurement Processor (Current Employee), Vevay, INJune 6, 2012
Belterra is a good place to work. So many different jobs. It allows you to transfer with in the company to find something that fits you.
very fun place to work. guests were fun to work for and listen to
housekeeping (Former Employee), florence, inFebruary 17, 2012
Pros: cheap lunches
Cons: people trashing rooms really bad
Loved working here got to meet fun and new people every day loved the envirment. overall fun place

About BELTERRA CASINO RESORT & SPA

Pinnacle Entertainment realizes most gamblers don't know when they've reached their peak.┬áThe The Las Vegas-based gaming company – Read more