Be part of a team that offers a work environment centered on integrity, trust and respect.
Position : SENIOR BUYER, DIRECT PRODUCTS
Status : Regular, full time
Service : Supply Chain (VANFAX MD)
Reports to : Director, Purchasing
Location : National Support Center, 8288, Pie IX blv, Montreal, Quebec
The Senior Buyer cooperates on projects that require him to identify his clients’ needs and negotiate advantageous agreements with suppliers, so as to maximize savings without however neglecting BelronMD Canada’s standards of quality and service. This person is responsible for direct product procurement from multiple suppliers (over thirty). Direct products include automotive glass, urethane, moldings, and other accessories such as wipers sold to the end customer for an overall spend of approximately $40M CAD.
- Initiate calls for tenders, and evaluate the tenders received for direct product supply. Execute a purchasing strategy.
- Provide support for collection and analysis of the necessary data to produce calls for tenders.
- Analyze expenditures, establish trends in product categories, generate monthly reports and publish performance indicators.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Set up mechanisms for evaluating product quality with internal clients and for periodically evaluating the suppliers with them as well.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or engineering.
- Three years’ experience in contract administration and negotiation.
- Three to five years’ experience in a manufacturing setting, either with experience in a high volume low tech automotive environment or in a low volume and highly engineered environment.
- Have managed accounts with a high monetary value.
- Perfectly bilingual (French and English), both verbal and written.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Comfortable working in a multitasking environment and understands the need for urgency.
- Able to work in project mode.
- Commitment to excellence in customer service, preference for working independently, and very organized.
- Familiar with modern approaches to management, and with MS Office tools.
- CPIM or PMAC Certification
- Relevant experience in the retail trade - with an understanding of a hub and spoke distribution network and the business acumen to understand how purchasing decisions on the cost side impact the company’s gross margins.
- Complete employee benefits plan, including medical, dental, paramedical services (physiotherapists, etc.) and vision care coverage.
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Bonus program
- Excellent training & development programs
- Stimulating work environment
- Employee assistance program
This job is not for you? Tell your network about this opportunity!
Indeed - 19 months ago