BELL Employee Reviews

Interesting, high-pressure job
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Work from Home3 November 2016
Working at bell was a change from my usual sales job, I quickly adapted to the data mining required for this job. Being proficient on the computer was an asset I had through my everyday life, so learning to do the specific actions I needed to do was a simple task. My boss was patient and thorough in his teaching and a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job would have been wrangling everyone's data together to make the weekly/monthly presentations. The most enjoyable was seeing all those parts coming together.
productive
Sales Consultant/ A.I.T department (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 August 2016
we mostly answer calls and fix problem
we learn how to multitaske
management are always here when we need help
co-worker are wonderfull
hardest part of the job is almost every thing you need to pay attention at every details
what I enjoy about the job is that its works on all your skills
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lack of trainning
Typical Day
Systems Architect (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 December 2016
1.Meet clients and provide pre-sales engineering.
2.Discuss design requirements with client and internal teams.
3.Create project charter.
3.Design a solution to meet the challenge.
4.Prepare written proposal, documentation, drawings and presentations.
5. Obtain customer approval of technical design and proposal.
6. Create a project and implementation plan.
7. Install and validate the design.
8. Ongoing solution design change prime.
had all the fun things gym,play room pool tables ect,, just no time to enjoy them.
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB3 February 2016
Had to be in 10 minutes before to log in to many of our different apps we worked threw and get ready to receive a high volume of calls I was Loyalty Retention so my job was a little more stressful since I was the one they not only called to cancel services if they had problems or better prices else where , bills never the same on a monthly basis so alot of irate customers so in certain cases we could offer a Promotion on theyre services like money off they,re bill that usually helped some what did help was to have good social skills and to understand where they,re coming from also .My job was not only to save my customer but to also up sell, for exemple the telephone if they didn,t have it I,d have to try to convince them it would be at there benefit to have it ,my sales were pretty good I made bonuses that part of the job working with people on the phone and multitasking I loved .
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Not for a person like me
Fun work environment.
Level 2 Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montreal-est, QC27 May 2016
Great team and a great environment. Working for Bell was a great experience where I learned a lot. Great experience and great training.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
micro management
good csr place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 January 2017
My work responsibility:
• Maintains customer records by updating account information.
• Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
Pros
paid break
Cons
rough managment
Productive environment where the customer was number one and employees were treated with respect.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 January 2016
I have learned just about everything there is to know about customer service in this company. The days at work were intense and required attentiveness at all time. This of course was all in the spirit of giving excellent service to he customer.
Management was attentive to employees and always available to better the service.
Co-workers were great people with the same objectives ready and willing to share responsibilities.
The most difficult part of the job, keeping the customers and employees 100% satisfied, was also the most enjoyable and challenging.
Benefits
Cons
Too few hours - 32 1/2 hours work week
Work Balance Place
Solutions Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2016
Work Balance is important to Bell Canada, Overall good place to work. Salary can be on the low side but the challenge and promotion opportunity is available.
Fast paced environment with challenging job expectations
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2015
On a daily basis a representative would speak to various types of customers with a wide range of issues and complaints. Often the client is irate and would require a creative solution with a compassionate approach for the outcome to be successful. Management also expects each call to be a handled under a short time frame with a sales attempt while following a very specific call flow guideline/application. Agents also must use and be familiar with over 15 different tools/applications to handle their daily calls. The quality of a representative's performance is also based on their customers' feedback.

I learned how to:
-multi-task
-deescalate any situation and/or individuals
-quickly create creative solutions

To management, you are just a number

Hardest part:
-meeting all the performance requirements, satisfying customers and remaining positive within a time constraint

Most enjoyable part:
-friendly and supportive teammates/co-workers
Pros
Good pay & incentives with reasonable benefits
Cons
Stressful with lack of recognition, job security and advancements
Challenging and new things to learn each day
Senior Testing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 January 2017
• Defect testing for different builds.
• Performed Functional Testing, Regression Testing and Batch Testing. Also, supported Front-end Applications and Batch processes.
• Strong communication, collaboration & team building skills with proficiency at grasping new technical concepts quickly & utilizing the same in a productive manner.
No benefits, no management supports, treated like a nobody if no sales made
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 May 2016
So you train for 1 week and get treated really nice, new iphone and all the information you can retain. Learning new sales skills and getting loads of information on competitors.

You are sent in the field with a list that has already been exhausted. Dont go in the high rise building, you cannot solicit and will be thrown out by the property manager. Most private residents are not interested in what you have to say and you have to really work hard to get a sale. All the while your team lead/ sales manager is calling you every evening to get information on your sales for the day. If you do not do well; you are made to feel like a FAILURE AND GIVEN A WARNING.

No respect for their fellow colleagues and a horrible position to work in. You are better office working a regular 9-5 or getting an office job in Bell or somewhere else. Can you tell I was traumatized by this experience....
Pros
Cons
too many to name
Productive, fun workplace great amenities, and great employees
Project Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2016
- Great work environment for 8 hour work days
- I've learned a lot about the company
- toughest part in the job may be producing numbers but no issue so far
- most enjoyable part of the job, coming in to great people, with a fantastic work environment and great work
great day
Business Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2016
going to work early
outbound call because its easier to reach executive (at that time)
take care of followups and administrative task
closing deals is the best part of my job.
benefits
Cons
process is different and very long
unethical employment practices, horrible leadership, Stay AWAY!!!
Human Resources officer (Former Employee) –  Montreal9 October 2015
The worst company I have ever worked for. I worked regularly until 9:00 pm every night. They fire people who take parental leave or CSST (disguised layoffs). They do not trust employees to work from home and monitor your every move in the building to make sure you are working. A culture of incompetence and job protection. Many People with long service and no education who are incompetent and over paid and work against improvements or innovations. Leadership is tossed around to fill holes in positions and really do not understand their jobs...scary!!!
Pros
Cons
company culture, Long hours, management, illegal/unethical employment practices
A sweatshop
GIS Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 August 2016
3 month contract as a GIS technician with marketing analytics.
- They paid $100/day for 12+ hours, and I was expected to attend unpaid training on weekends
- A f***ing sweatshop, I'd rather go homeless than work there again
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Everything else
door to door
Door to door Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 January 2017
door to door is what it is regardless of who you work for. people will still be rude and wary because they don't know you and don't want to be sold anything. Especially not Bell's services.
Pros
independance
Cons
door to door
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 April 2016
Constant changes in pricing and poor customer service from the call centre makes things difficult at times to help customers. Need to assist all customers with issues/complaints as well as tech support. co-workers are great and management Is always trying to help you succeed within the business through coaching sessions and positive words of encouragement. The hardest part of the job is the high targets. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to tackle new situations and finding creative solutions while building strong rapport with your customers.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
High targets, irate customers and part time hours
Not a friendly place to work
Wireless Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 March 2016
Poor benefits and lack of teamwork. Management attendance was poor and sales staff was always angry at each other. Worked there for almost 4 years and no one was promoted from within. Instead new management was hired from outside all the time. When new staff replacement arrives, they have no clue of what's going on and most of them end up quitting within 4 months.
Bell Canada Third Party
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  victoria park and esna park20 September 2016
Bell Canada was a third party office offering sales of products through a call center environment. I learned how to be organized with customers, meeting there satisfaction to the most, 100 calls a day. The hardest part about the job was it being far for travel with high school. The most enjoyable part was it being an office environment, and very comfortable, and excellent staff.
Cons
company relocated further, and was to long to travel with highschool
Review
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2016
Typical day at work include;
updating products and services that have been promoted and coming on to the market for knowledge and customer introduction.

managing customer questions, concerns and problem solving each situation to best service and retain customer satisfaction.

Sale products and services by recognizing each customer need or want as well as increasing sales revenue for business.

cooperating and participating as team player with all staff by providing knowledge support and guidance.

End of day balancing and reconciling invoices.
Pros
continuous staff support
Cons
sunday hours