BELL Employee Reviews

Productive, fun workplace great amenities, and great employees
Project Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2016
- Great work environment for 8 hour work days
- I've learned a lot about the company
- toughest part in the job may be producing numbers but no issue so far
- most enjoyable part of the job, coming in to great people, with a fantastic work environment and great work
Good Job Security, not fun culture
Employer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 August 2016
Bell is a a good place for job security, but the culture is not good. They don't provide a lot of training which means that they don't invest in people
Good employer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 January 2016
Great employer, good work/life balance, great benefits. Good management, great co-workers. I learned how to be a great sales associate.
An alright place to work sometimes
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2016
To many unrealistic rules with kpi standards and metric's to follow without really focusing on the fact that you can really do the job to please the customer and made the customer satisfied. From 2012 that's when it started to go downhill and you really started to notice change that was not for the better but for the worse.
Pros
Own work station's
Cons
KPI's
Life at Bell
Technical Solutions Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 March 2016
Working at Bell taught me a great deal about cellular technology, how to communicate, and deal with difficult customers.
Good career opportunities, and programs like education services to promote career growth.
Most of my managers provided excellent support. Helping to build confidence, providing critical feedback, and coaching.
The hardest part about the job, was dealing with extremely high call volumes, maintaining difficult average handle time, with minimal external support.
The most enjoyable aspect, helping customers, working with a great team, and developing an excellent rapport with management and peers.
Review of Bell
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 June 2016
I had the honour and privilege of working there for 16 years. I thoroughly enjoyed the people and the tasks that I was given.

In my years I was given the chance to hone my people skills. I learned the importance of saying "Thank you". Something as simple as saying thank you goes a long way in instilling a culture of respect and trust amongst ones employees. I would like to think that we had this in the group that I created, lead and supported.

In all, Bell was a very positive experience on my own development and for that I am thankful
Fun Place
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 November 2016
Bell is a very fun place to work at since I get to communicate with other employers and become friends with them. I get to help agents reset or give them access to 90 aps that Bell provides. The work load can be fast paced but sometimes it can be slow as well.
Pros
Interacting with my colleages.
Cons
Too much idling in the afternoon.
Na
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 July 2016
Further to my resume, I had many wonderful co-workers and we worked together so well as one team. The hardest part that we dealt with on a daily basis was the so called "red tape" , it was frustrating at times, all you wanted to do was move forward with your project however there were many steps of approval. I believe these steps could have been less painful at time and fewer steps.
The most enjoyable part of the job is watching a project move from idea to launch and knowing that you had part in the project cycle.
The internal and external customer was always my main focus, always asking the question "how will this impact the customer?"
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Overall a good company
Associate Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wynford Dr, Don Mills, ON24 June 2015
I have held several different positions within the company from an operator to ISIT support to business admin, to process improvement to data analyst. I have emassed a large skill set to handle any new task that I take on. The company although, does not offer job security, certain non sales departments continually downsize and although it may be a necessity, it does not consider the employees that it affects. Long term employment may be a long shot. I have worked for this company for 26 years, and have been downsized out of my position a total of 3 official times. (a 4th time I was just told I was being transferred). I had kept it in my mind that if they downsized me officially for a 3rd time that I would take the package and leave, and this is now what I am doing
Pros
offers great vacation options & group benefits
Cons
downsizing, no challenge
Average
Senior System Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2015
Average place to work but benefits are good.
Desks are "modern", meaning, open space. Office air quality is good, temperature control is not as good.
Job culture is nothing special, everything is up to your direct manager, you never know, where you are, could be good - could be not as good.
Benefits
Cons
open space, no walls.
Fun workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 November 2015
Excellent company benefits and culture. Advancement is promised but it is difficult to receive feedback. Typical workday included inventory management, payroll management, conflict resolution, training, coaching, customer service.
Ever Changing and good problem solving abilities
Field Technician/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2017
This is an environment to help build and test your communication skills as well problem solving skills. Independent working with a great support team of managers and support call centre to make the customer experience better.
Good people, great place to work.
Sales Representative - Enterprise SWAT Team (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2016
Penetrate enterprise accounts that were previously assigned and could not be penetrated (80% success rate). I learned there is opportunity in every account, if you dig deep enough. Always up for a challenge. Good employees creating a high close ratio team environment.
Pros
winning
Cons
driving in traffic
A sweatshop
GIS Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 August 2016
3 month contract as a GIS technician with marketing analytics.
- They paid $100/day for 12+ hours, and I was expected to attend unpaid training on weekends
- A f***ing sweatshop, I'd rather go homeless than work there again
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Everything else
Challenging and stimulating
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 August 2015
I work for Bell corporate store department and everyday is a good challenge in order to motivate your team to attain all the different sales targets and helping them find a way to be consistant in their sales pitch by having one on one coaching.
Also, I need to manage different requests from inventory transfer requests from the planners team, reading and analyzing different reports, make sure to have a proper schedule which we will be efficient to serve customers in the peak hours, hiring new talents and creating a good work environment for my employee.
Pros
Tuition fee reimbursement, life benefits, advantage programs and flexible schedule
love it
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB19 January 2016
Working in a call center is not easy , but working in a call center with people who cares makes things easier . I made a lot of friends there and compensation are good.
Pros
Lunch, games, bonus
Cons
Short breaks
Salary/Benefits good but to much stress.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 November 2015
I did enjoy the first 15 years working there, you felt you could talk to management work life was possible. With out sourcing more stress on worker who are left.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Need work life balance.
A good sales job.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 January 2017
Bell does a fairly good job or treating their employees well. After commission, most consultants make around the $40,000 range, however you can make a bit more depending on how much you sell. At the end of the day, it is a sales focused job.
fun place to work great people
Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 July 2016
I enjoy working at Bell , but my department got relocated. You have a great potential to grow and full benefit the managers are there to support you and head office will give you programs you can access remotely to further your career.
Pros
bonus monthly
Cons
37.5 hours weekly
Productive and excellent place to work
Sr. Network Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 December 2016
Bell is an excellent place to work to improve skills and environment is also very good. People are nice including Manager and colleague.
Overall Bell is excellent.