BELL Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Terrible work environment with an absolutely lacking training program.
Sales Representative and Business Service expert (Former Employee), Milton, ONNovember 10, 2015
Pros: None.
Cons: management, coworkers, etc.
Management provides incredibly little attention, sales targets and customer surveys are expected within days of starting, coworkers lounge around in back while you are left to the front of the store all alone, flying blind due to lack of training. Misinformation is not only allowed, but encouraged, lying to customers for a sale is practically in the handbook. Not at all a nice place to work. The people, however, were friendly at the least.
Every friendly environment
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 9, 2015
It's a good place to start, practice your skills and hanging out with co worker. the management is very friendly and have a family feel to it
Productive and positive work environment
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 9, 2015
A typical day at work would be a great meeting at the start of the day, with a lot of energy and enthusiasm. Management and colleagues are always supportive and help in every way possible. Even though the whole experience is enjoyable, but I would consider closing the sale the most amazing feeling.
Client Representative-Revenue and Assets Recovery (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 8, 2015
great environment to work in. The company has many different departments you can experience and learn from. Allows you to move around the company.
The most enjoyable part of the day
Customer Service (Former Employee), Moncton NB CanadaNovember 3, 2015
This company allowed you to work for only 7.5 hours a day. If you went over they suggested that you go home. They wanted workers to feel like they had a balance in their lives. Unfortunately the work demanded longer hours.
Not Good
Distribution Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 3, 2015
Pros: Good Hours
Cons: Bad Staff
This company doesn't take care of the staff well at all. They'll need improvement on staff because no one is taking serious at this company.
Very enjoyable
Control Center Loader (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 2, 2015
Pros: colleagues
Cons: Office closed
Bell Canada offers good jobs; Good hours and plenty of hours available if needed for anybody.

Great work environment with great staff and customers.
Challenging workplace and co-operative teammates
Mobile Service Technician (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 23, 2015
Looking to grow within the company if opportunity strikes matching my experience and performance. Great benefits and advantages to know modern technology in day-to-day life
Great Company
Manager, Retention Outbound Dialer and Strategy (Current Employee), TorontoOctober 20, 2015
Pros: Fun, challenging, busy environment
Cons: Commuting
A typical day at work is never the same at Bell. It is filled with challenges and requires me to consistently adapt and find new ways to deliver on adhoc requests.

Managing people is both fun and challenging and I find that great long term professional relationships are built at Bell.

I enjoy working with coworkers who bring different strengths to the team which enables my team to be one of the strongest achieving groups in the company.
Some room for advancement - very high stress position
Field Operations Manager - Crew of 25 Technicians (Former Employee), Nepean, ONOctober 20, 2015
Pros: Room for advancement
Cons: Little appreciation for the amount of hours you must put in, to accomplish the tasks related to your position.
Although I was with Bell Technical solutions for almost 20 years and worked my way up the proverbial ladder they are more concerned about the "Needs of the Business" rather than the individual and what you can or have done for them. Everyone is a number. I did enjoy working for the company but found in the last few years that the work/life balance had changed dramatically.
I liked the job I was doing. I handled an account with a large customer. Everyday presented something different.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaOctober 20, 2015
Pros: Having people in other areas pulling together to get the job done for the customer.
I enjoyed my time at Bell. The people I worked with in my department & others were customer focused & we always did our best to meet the customers needs.
Productive, challenging, work making people happy.
Bell Technician (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 19, 2015
Interesting work everyday. Always facing new situations and providing out of the box solutions quite frequently.
Working with other great techs who will provide fantastic colleague support.
Productive company
Corporate Account Management (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 13, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management. Bell Canada is the largest communications company, which provides consumers, businesses and government customers with solutions for all their communications needs.
Exciting
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2015
Pros: the work place
Cons: Traffic
The people that I had to coach on a daily basis were awesome, being able to help them increase there overall sales on a monthly basis was fantastic. Dealing with customers on a regular basis was exciting, each day was different, I would have easy days and there were times when it was challenging to make customers very happy.

The most enjoyable times was reward programs for members inside my team that would help motivate them to increase there sales or even just make themselves better at what they did.
easy job
Service Technician (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 10, 2015
Pros: easy
Cons: work holidays and always outside.
easy job with good benefits just horrible to climb tall polls alone in the rural with no supervision. Not the safest job.
unethical employment practices, horrible leadership, Stay AWAY!!!
Human Resources officer (Former Employee), MontrealOctober 9, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: company culture, Long hours, management, illegal/unethical employment practices
The worst company I have ever worked for. I worked regularly until 9:00 pm every night. They fire people who take parental leave or CSST (disguised layoffs). They do not trust employees to work from home and monitor your every move in the building to make sure you are working. A culture of incompetence and job protection. Many People with long service and no education who are incompetent and over paid and work against improvements or innovations. Leadership is tossed around to fill holes in positions and really do not understand their jobs...scary!!!
Fun place to work especially if you enjoy standing for long hours
Corporate Store Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 8, 2015
Great colleauges! Fun place to work but under very tensed atmosphere. Great system set up by the leaders but more needs to be done in the area of middle management.
fun workplace
Technical support agent over the phone (Former Employee), ottawaOctober 8, 2015
Pros: free pizza during overtime hours
Cons: mandatory overtime
fun workplace
co-workers friendly
the hardest pat of the job is to make customers happy when their services are not working properly
Great place to meet people from diverse culture
Escalation Help Desk/Trainer (Former Employee), TORONTOOctober 5, 2015
Pros: Peers and coleauge
Cons: No work life balance
An ok place to work. Was better now the environment and culture have changed with managment, great employees all around
Very Relaxed and Fun Office Environment
Outside Field Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Bell, ONSeptember 30, 2015
Pros: Monthly allowance for Transportation, Great office environment, Flexible work hours, Base Salary + Commission for Security
Cons: Corporate Politics, Sales Restrictions, Management, Difficult to Earn High Tier Commissions
Working at Bell was probably one of my best experiences as a field sales representative - the people there were very friendly and chill. The pay was ok, for example, minimum wage + monthly car allowance + commission. The way the commission was structured was definitely for the benefit of the company. It was tier based commission. I.E. IF you get this many activation in a week, you get this much commission - you can also stack commission from previous week sales to the following week if you were smart about it. Incentives were ok, too. Incentives happen every month but are very random. They always have incentives for holidays, and it's very lucrative but restrictive, too. Having a proper sales funnel was the most difficult part of the job. Some great things about working here is that you get a working iPhone 4, 4S, or 5c, you get branded clothing, and an ID badge to work in the field. The cafeteria at the head office was nice - pool table, FIBE TV lounges, Jitz (Foozball), Table Hockey, etc. A lot of nice looking ladies, too - another great benefit ^.^

Management, though, is all over the place - for my team, our manager was barely there. During my experience at Bell, I had 4 different managers for our team within 8 months, which is INSANE. There is so much red tape involving what we can or cannot do as a field sales rep - for example, we CANNOT post promotions or deals online about what Bell is providing atm. The politics and legal policies there is INSANE because Bell is a huge company after all (3rd most known company in Canada - 135 years in the making).

My co-workers – more... were awesome, fun to be around and to work with as well. Very intelligent individuals. I would also heed that avoid those co-workers who are negative and don't do their work - it can be infectious so avoid them at all costs. Door-to-Door sales is extremely difficult, and only for those who CHOOSE to be in it and willing to go through all the difficulties and obstacles of it.

I learned a lot about myself while I was working for Bell as a Field Sales Representative, for example, I noticed myself being too dependent on other people just to get work done. I literally had to force myself to separate from the group and work on my own for a month. But that was my own issue I had to deal with and I did. Emotionally, the job was difficult, but you get better and better as LONG as you're willing to learn and grow through the job. My biggest learning experience was that if you focus on the results you won't produce any, but if you are driven by results and focus on the process (enjoy selling, talking to people, building relationships) there is no limit to your potential in sales. – less
Employees