BELL

BELL Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good for resume
Marketing support member (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMarch 11, 2014
Pros: friendly envoirnment
Cons: too far
It wad a nice job ,bit challenging sales oriented .
Seniors and managers were very supportive .
Worst managemen team that created the most toxic work environment I've ever experienced
Pre-Sales Engineer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 11, 2014
Pros: peers
Cons: management, moral, no annual raise
Bell has the potential to be a great company, but it's core management heirarchy is completely incompetent and have absolutely no vision or insight.

I was laid off and given an excuse that the organization needed to restructure to "cut costs". Our team had a $495M target to which we acheived 99.3%. Cost cutting is a pathetic excuse to ruin someones – more... life with those kinds of profits.

My peers were absolutely fantastic and I still maintain close contact with several of my previous co-workers. – less
day to day
Portfolio Manager, Lead (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2014
a typically consists of answering emails in the morning, meetings, then meeting property managers. having team conference to improve sales and go to buildings to certify them with bell fibe or dominations.
It was a good place to work, lots of learning, but no job security
Business Technician1 (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2014
It was fun, talking to subscribers on the phone. Although, some were very angry, but totally it was not nerve breaking. I could have learnt a lot in that company. Although, I worked for this company at a very busy time, but we were guaranteed for 4 hours per week, which you cannot base your life on such thing at all.
Fun environment. Very social atmosphere.
Sales Agent in Direct Marketing Campaign (Current Employee), ScarboroughFebruary 27, 2014
I work in the outbound department for Bell Canada. I cold call past or existing customers to give them amazing savings on homephone, fiber optic internet, and Fibe TV.
I have learned a great deal about sales. The first month of emplyment with Bell was about sales technique and product knowledge alone. Statistically a customer will decide whether they – more... like you in about four seconds, so this job is not without it's challenges.
The management at Bell is constantly trying to motivate their teams. Whether it's with daily hypes or hands on coaching.
The hardest part of my job is to perservere even when the calling lists might not be very lucrative. Or if you are dealing with a customer who has left Bell Canada due to the fact that they had a bad experience. You just have to treat every call as if it's already a sale.
The most enjoyable part of my job is definately dealing with customers and my employees. When I'm on the phone being myself is a real asset for sales. So I get to talk to a lot of very interesting people that I normally wouldn't be able to. I have also become good friends with a lot of my co-workers.
I am a very personable, driven, and enthusiastic person looking for a great opportunity – less
Amazing job
Residential Accounts Receivable Management (Former Employee), ottawaFebruary 24, 2014
Amazing job
I learned job
a great job
a typical at work
perfect job
Manager - Sales Enablement - Marketing (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 23, 2014
Not easy to get promoted, work life balance is not there. Salary is better then outside market.
Busy
FSR (Current Employee), Bell, ONFebruary 23, 2014
You get what you put in. Very hard to become full time. Mostly contract work.
great place!
Associate Design & Draw (Current Employee), Hamilton, ON.February 23, 2014
A great place to learn and get started in a corporate career.
great job
Service Technician (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 12, 2014
long hours great team work and when we needed to get things done we work as a team to get the job complete.
Customer Service Agent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Montreal, CanadaFebruary 11, 2014
Incoming calls, billing problems, promoting and selling products, work under pressure and targets
unsecure
Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 10, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Great company to work for.
Application Design Specialist/Technical Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2014
Great company to work for. Personnel is fantastic! Employment stability is low.
Great productive place
Business Development (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2014
Great Learning
Great Management
Great Work place
Great Culture
Challenging company to work for
AREA MANAGER (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: continuous challenges, teaches one to excel and offers priceless work experience
Cons: advancement limited, salary non competitive and continuous learning/training program budjet cuts
Bell taught me how to manage complex scenarios. The company ranking in the industry is directly impacted by the customers perception and it makes it a very challenging work environment.

The company offers multiple services and it requires every employee to have an in depth knowledge of every promotion and service offered. The preparation that is required – more... before a shift begins is an essential part of the daily routine.

The hardest part of this job was to change the clients view of the company. My focus was to offer excellent service and ensure client satisfaction every time I offered them service. – less
If you have childs and want to give part of your work time to your home, it's a good place
Analyst (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 5, 2014
You can't trust anybody. Nobody answer your questions and everybody try to hide information from you. You pass 8 hours per day with people in ambience poisoned with heavy stupid competition, but with a ridiculous smile on their faces. Even your boss doesn't give you the information you need for your work to make you look inferior. Lots of show off. – more... I'm working in Information department. But work is easy and I can say every 2 person is doing a job that can be done with only one. Many work many days at "home". Kind of vacation. – less
Review summary
Web Developer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2014
IT professional with knowledge in a broad range of technologies related to desktop application, web application, embedded system and networking seeking a software developer position to utilize my creative and technical skills in an established organization.
productive, experimental, fun, educational, and friendly
Bell Canada Customer Service (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 3, 2014
Working for Bell has been great, everyday I learn something new. The job at hand can be stressful but very rewarding. I retain customers, by offering promotions that best suits their needs and educate them on bell services. I learned the ropes of Bell and other companies as well. My co-workers and management were very pleasant and useful, fun to work – more... with and very entertaining. The hardest part of the job would be the new tools that we would have to learn in less than an hour, other than that the job is pretty straight forward and fun. The most enjoyable part of the job is retaining a customer who is very irate. It is the best feeling in the world, to make a customer happy, that is my main goal. – less
Lovely place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2014
A typical day at work consist of interacting with costumers, making sure they were happy with their service and selling promotions. I learned a few things in the period of time that I was there. I received the experience of working at a call centre, experience with sales and how to deal with over the edge costumers. The management was amazing they were – more... willing to train and help you at anytime you may stumble. Co workers were really friendly and warming and were willing to help out when help was needed. The hardest part about working with Bell would have to be dealing with the angry costumers and trying your best to calm them down and work out the problem. What i loved about working at Bell was working with costumers/people. Working and interacting with new people from all over the world made my days at work wonderful. – less
WONDERFUL PEOPLE AND PLACE TO WORK
Access Implementation Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: long hours
BELL CANADA OFFERS A GREAT ENJOYABLE PLACE TO WORK. MY CO-WORKERS ARE GREAT. THE HARDEST PART OF WORKING HERE IS KEEPING UP WITH ALL THE NEW PRODUCTS BELL COMES OUT WITH

About BELL

Bell Canada, commonly shortened to "Bell", is a major Canadian telecommunications company. Including its subsidiaries – Read more