BELL

BELL Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very Busy envoirnment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: busy envoirnment
Typical day at work was extremely busy. I really learned to multi- task here which benefited me and l learned how to be quick on my toes with customers
free things, lunches, good team work, nice building, good friends.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: treat employees very well
Cons: job could be very stressful.
a typical day at work:Taking calls, dealing with billing issues.
what you learned: How to be professional and to deal with irate customers.
management: Management treated us very well, if we gave our best they gave it back.
your co-workers: We were in teams and those teams became like family.
the hardest part of the job When we couldn't find a solution – more... for the customer very frustrating.
the most enjoyable part of the job: Working as a team. – less
Fun, Exciting and Challenging
Retail/Sales (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 6, 2014
Typical work days were in the retail location, the days would consist of building relationships with potential and existing clients and finding what they are looking for and making sure they are happy.

I learned about countless cell phone and home phone products and services, also many different methods of sales and aspects of creating relationships – more... with customers.

The management at Bell was great. Each manager was professional, educated, and well presented. Along with outstanding abilities to communicate and manage their teams.

My co-workers were fun and professional as well! We always helped eachother out in tough situations, and always made sure that when they accomplished something or made a sale they were always congratulated for it!

The hardest part of the job was not being able to work as much as I would have liked to. It was only a part time position sadly.

The most enjoyable part of the job was every sale you made, and to be honest every time you spoke with a customer it was always a fun challenge to turn every encounter into a sale. – less
Account Managment
Client Care Advisor (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 5, 2014
I had to solicit for customers as well as welcome customers through the door providing them banking products and a great customer experience .
Great people to work with
Specialist-RF Network Design and Performance (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJanuary 2, 2014
Competitive environment
Decent salary
Travelling
Great company to work for
Job security is questionable
Fast paced, fun and games in meeting deadlines
Business Systems / Talent Acquisition (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2013
Pros: traveling expenses were fully covered.
Cons: extremely hectic when hats had to be held from above
Ones excellent organizational skills, superb multi-tasking abilities, and outstanding coordination capabilities in meeting deadlines in a fast paced and changing environment was a must in order to swim.

It was always a lovely challenge to be able to juggle many tasks at once across the province and be able to talk and laugh about it afterwards.
Overall Excellent
System Security Management (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 19, 2013
Pros: job work balance
Cons: salary
I am happy with my current employment with Bell, Bell Canada is a great organization to work for and I had nothing but good experience
Bell was a great place to start a career. Excellent opportunities for learning and advancement.
Vice President Systems Operations and Delivery (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaDecember 18, 2013
At Bell, I learned about the telecommunications industry, about IT and about leadership. Bell gave me the opportunity to perform many different roles and learn numerous disciplines. It was a great place to work.
The longer you stay...
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 17, 2013
Pros: great benefits and some decent perks
Cons: no work/life balance. you are expected to say "how high" when they ask you to jump.
In the beginning, Bell was good. It seemed like there were lots of paths for advancement. The benefits seemed great and the pay was pretty decent for a CSR.

Oddly enough, the cracks started to appear in 2012 when Bell posted their most profitable year ever. It was a direct result of layoffs and firing middle management (read: cutting the fat). In addition, – more... promises that were made for education reimbursements were denied despite the fact that it was still posted on the internal HR site.

In regards to advancement, as a call centre agent the best you can hope for is to become a Team Specialist, followed by Team Leader. You are encouraged not to apply for all the jobs that interest you (as it makes you seem directionless).

Probably the best way to get into ma-Bell would be to have a target job in mind and hope for an external job posting. Entering at the ground level is fruitless because you are not allowed to progress within the ranks of Bell for a full year until the union contract has been met.

I'm glad I worked for Bell. I had some fun and it was a great experience. I would only go back though if I had some skills other than a call centre. – less
Very good company
Level 2 Helpdesk support. (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 16, 2013
Pros: friends i make at work
Cons: working every weekend
I really enjoy Bell they have been really good to me. They have assisted me when I needed time off and find work around's when something comes up.
Great place to learn and grow
Project Manager (Former Employee), MississaugaDecember 14, 2013
Cons: salaries are generally behind curve
Many chances to learn different aspects of the business, opportunities for advancement.
productive work
Network Architect / Business Technician (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 12, 2013
As a Bell Technician :
I was working in a Bell Laboratory named Test Centre xDSL/Voice / VoIP /Escalation /Residential /Business as a technician and coach.
- Diagnosed technical and business related problems encountered by clients and proposed solutions with detailed actions
- Solving DSL internet troubles
- Gathered informations to understand customer’s – more... issues
- Investigated and analyzed escalated problems to determine their cause
- Creating Processes with Visio Software
- Developed solutions to resolve escaladed problems encountered by irate customers
- Explained and educated customers on steps to follow to rectify problems
- Support the Field service Technicians on the road to troubleshoot any problem or outage.
- Supporting other technician when they have questions and provide training (Coaching)
- Creating Process to follow
- Testing the Quality of the DSL Services per area
- Find Anomalies on new projects
- Doing Trial Tests on new projects
- Detected various workloads tickets not capture by the system
- Informing all the department related of any outages
- In charge of any High Level Escalation
- Follow up with all stakeholders to resolve any troubles
- Delivering Training to student or any level technician of the department (175 employees)

As a Bell Network Architect:
I was working in the laboratory of Bell for the IPTV Television Department.

- Lab and Production automatisation (Macros Implementation)
- Set-Top-box Customization Environment with Microsoft Mediaroom
- Interactive Television (iTv)
- Prepared time lines and ensured quality control
- Identified areas of continuous Improvement by using different Quality Control Techniques
- Developed problem solving guidelines and engaged in technical support (For teams of 100+ employees)
- Creating Performance Reports
- Creating Guide for marketing and operational departments
- Quality testing of future set-top-box before they are sold in the market
- Participate to daily conference the environment of the laboratory
- Analyzing the elements in the laboratory with SQL
- Monitoring all the systems and creating manuals (guide)

President & Manager 2009-2010
Institut JMC Inc. (Private school)
Trained people in nursing assistance, Secretariat Program, Hiring, Events and dance lessons.
I – less
Decent management
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCDecember 11, 2013
Bell Canada had great management and training, though over 60 of us were laid off for a week with no notice when the company decided to change the type of department.
Collaborative and productive work enviroment
Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 9, 2013
Typical day at work entails all project team members present and working collaboratively accomplishing project tasks.
Every employee requires different method of motivation to increase productivity. I gained more insight on emotional intelligent and customizing different motivating factor tailored to each and every employee's capability.
I was able – more... to relate and influence all my co- workers and left them with positive and to do attitude.
Difficult part of my job will be occasions when I have to resolve conflict between employees in disagreement.
The companies social events always foster relationship building and shared more insight into employees faculty of thinking. – less
Not a bad place to work through school
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 7, 2013
Pros: flexible hours.
Cons: continually cutting commissions.
Worked at a Bell Store in Ottawa for 3 years. Was pretty good times and made decent money but they were always cutting commissions. This isn't a career job at all. They have no interest in retaining good employees.
informative and easy going workplace
Telecommunication Technician (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 2, 2013
Everyday you come in to work at a dispatching "shop" where you pick up your vehicle and dispatch on one of your many install/repair jobs.
Management are nice and friendly until your numbers are not meeting the criteria. You get paid hourly and you start low benefits are lucrative and substantial. Worst part of the job is climbing poles in the winter – more... time which only often in pole designated cities places and neighbourhoods. Best part is the independency of your load and your appointed vehicle. – less
great place to work
Client Representative/Administrative (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 2, 2013
Pros: good pay hours
Cons: contract only
only contract work, was promise fulltime in the future but no call back, had great performance record but when new management come in the contractors were forgotten
Exciting and fun place to work
Team Manager for three different areas of Bell (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 30, 2013
Pros: interraction with senior management
Cons: not enough hours in the day
Everyday is a new experience. Great interraction with employees, customers and affiliates.
Great Place to work
Team Manager (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 27, 2013
Pros: bonus
Bell Canada is a great place to work. There is so much training offerred to help assist with giving our customers the best customer service. I loved coaching my agents only to watch them be successful. This was indeed a great accomplishment. I also had a lot of fun with them.

If successful, you can earn alot of bonus money which was typical.
daytime work hours
Client Representative/Administrative (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 26, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: contract work
I enjoyed the fast pace, hours of work and helping customers with their telephone services

About BELL

Bell Canada, commonly shortened to "Bell", is a major Canadian telecommunications company. Including its subsidiaries – Read more