BELL

BELL Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good
Network Technician (Former Employee), TorontoApril 17, 2014
Pros: lots of learning exposures
Cons: unionized
It was a great experience working with cutting edge equipment and doing network administration
Good environment for troubleshooting problems, nice people
Consumer Service Technician (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSApril 16, 2014
Work Starts at 8 am and ends at 5 pm on most days. You learn about the back end operation of communication systems plus more if you have experience. Management is fair as long as your work gets done at the end of your day and meet expectations. You will work with co workers on occasion with solving problems on job sites. The hardest part about the job – more... is learning how adapt to situations. No job is ever the same. The most enjoyable part of the job is not being stuck in an office building all day. You get to see different job sites and meet many people – less
productive workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 16, 2014
good company and co workers. the hardest job is to sell a customer a product
Dynamic organization to work for.
Manager - Infra Plng - Program Management Office (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioApril 13, 2014
Pros: pros of position was working independently, either on site or from home location.
Cons: not being co-located
As part of a close knitt program management team dispearsed between 3 cities it was imperative to be able to work independently.

A typical day would involve working with Network Security clients, coaching through issues and identifying financial gaps.

The team that I worked with were extremely supportive with each of member bringing unique skills – more... to the table, which were readily shared within our team and beyond to our virtual teams.

The hardest part of the job would be juggling 1 director, approximately 10 associate directors and 15 project managers all at different levels of confidence depending on length of time on the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be coaching and seeing people evolve into fully competent managers. – less
Very Enjoyable!
Sr. Contact Centre Consultant (Former Employee), Ottawa basedApril 12, 2014
Overall I found my years at Bell to be very enjoyable. Presented many interesting and challenging opportunities for growth and development. Had the pleasure of working with an exceptional group of colleagues, in a very supportive environment. Also had the opportunity to travel across Canada many times, including a job posting in the Yukon!
What I enjoyed – more... the most about my work were the interesting people I had the pleasure of meeting along the way, and the constant challenges presented. – less
Cold calling
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 10, 2014
Strong closing skills is the most important skill required for this job.
Customer Service Inbound (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 9, 2014
The company Bell is great to work for as long as you aren't in a non-corporate call center that's where you get issues like incorrect pay, inconsistent hours, loooooong shifts etc.
flexible, decent pay
MANAGER - WORKFORCE MANAGEMENT (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2014
management cares about life-work balance; competitve salary
A great place to start your career
Senior Associate Director - Channel Development (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 4, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, good benefits, room to grow and learn
Cons: job security not what it used to be, constant mgmt changes keep affecting pace of work, morel fluctuates dramatically
I have been a former Bell employee for over 14 years. I've worked primarily in Operations and Product Marketing.

Work at bell is good as there are flexible hours and the opportunity to grow as an individual. i've worked my way up from a technician to a senior manager and enjoyed most of my roles at bell.

generally, the co-workers are a great bunch – more... of folks to work with. there is always someone with an answer and most folks are willing to help.

hardest part of the job is to understand the company and the culture. it was hard for me to learn the industry lingo, as i grew up speaking bell and acting bell.

overall, good place to work. – less
Bell Canada
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, OnApril 1, 2014
Pros: salary plus comission, full benefits.
Cons: job security, advancement
Good company to work for, very hard to advance out of retail environment to corporate head office. Not an easy place to start a career. Full benefits and scheduling is a bonus.
All projects go to India. It is a shame for Canada
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga OntarioMarch 31, 2014
All projects gone to India. Low pay. Management changes all the time.
friendly staff and safe work environment
Direct Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 31, 2014
Pros: rewarded on achiving goals
Cons: intensively drilled when targets are not met, to the extent of being sent home
goal driven environment. supervisors always willing to help and to coach on areas of weakness and encourage you to always do your best. its always fun when goals are met. team members always support each other to make ends meet.
Fun and diverse work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2014
Interaction with diverse clientele, building rapport and ensuring outstanding customer satisfaction
Very hard to maintain work and life balance
Helpdesk Technical Support (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 28, 2014
co workers are the best part of the Job
the hours are late and weekends are a must
very hard to move up
Bell is a great company and one of the best companies i have ever worked with
Senior Consultant- Pre-Sales Engineering (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 27, 2014
Designing solutions and Presales is the most interesting part
Productive and fun work place.
Sales representative (Current Employee), Québec, QCMarch 25, 2014
Pros: sales campagnes, prizes, bonuses.
Cons: weekend shifts.
A typical day at the office is always entertaining no clients are a like they each bring different challenges to over come. What I have learned as a sales representative at Bell is to be very patient to seize opportunities to create demand for your product so that you can close a deal. The hardest part of my job is to constantly fix errors made by other – more... employees who have no clue on how to be professional. The most enjoyable part of my job is the atmosphere and the people I work with all hard and devoted sales individual. – less
The old Bell was the best Bell!
Product Marketing Manager, Bell ExpressVu (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2014
Great people, fun job, support to grow and be promoted. I had a great run here with wonderful bosses and co-workers. It has changed a lot since that time so my review would not be relevant now.
There are better jobs in the market
Sales Rep-residential services (Former Employee), Toronto, OnMarch 14, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I worked with Bell in the residential services team, all employees were on contract. No job security and no benefits.

The department was run very gung ho, no leadership, lack of management support, everyday something would get changed!
Great workplace with Great co-workers
Consumer Service Technician (Current Employee), Grand Falls-WindsorMarch 13, 2014
Great learning experience to further my career in the communications field, with customer service experience. Learning to climb poles is a fun asset to the job field with good exercise to keep in shape.
Professional
Administrative Assistant, Advertising (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits
Worked with some creative people. Focussed on development of products and sales. Great environment to work.

About BELL

Bell Canada, commonly shortened to "Bell", is a major Canadian telecommunications company. Including its subsidiaries – Read more