BELL Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace and always up to date with the next new phone
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB12 July 2016
Working for Bell has been rewarding in terms of building experience and relationships with other individuals. There are daily routines that one must follow in order to have a successful day. A lot of cold calls to make and a lot of interactions with customers which itself can be rewarding because you meet very interesting individuals. Management is good and the co-workers were fun and great to work with.
Pros
Free demo line
Well done
Promotions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2017
No Complaints with working at ball media. Great culture, and great people. Learned many things about executing promotions and experiential events.
Pros
Concert Tickets
Cons
Weekend work
Door to Door, Team based sales
Residential Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  North York, ON17 January 2016
To start the day, I head to my territory, send my GPS co-ordinates, to head office, so that my Manager knows that I'm on field.
I then proceed to follow a lead list showing me which houses in the neighborhood qualify for services upgrades. I then speak to the homeowners and try to present our product and all the benefits that go with it. I work with a great sales team, and the manager is really helpful. The hardest part of the job is getting people to give you their time to talk. I do however like actually speaking to them, there is a good chance I will meet and speak to unique families.
Excellent Employer
MANAGER / NETWORK INSTALLATION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON25 April 2016
Was provided the opportunity to work with leading edge technologies. Fantastic support provided from all departments. Great benefits and education support.
Good beginner job with room to grow
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 November 2016
It is a good place to work and a good step in the door for students and people just entering the work force. From this position one would definitely want to move up for their career advancement which is lots of room to do.
Good working experience
IP Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 October 2016
Management and co workers are very helpful and they do understand the need of employees. I would recommend this company as this is one of the best because its still saved from outsourcing IT jobs out of Canada. All credit good to management because they do care about quality and Canadian job market.

Join me: Stop buying from the companies who outsource jobs out of Canada and appreciate the one who care about Canadian.
Fuan and productive
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 October 2016
It was really fun working at Bell as I learned the closing techniques at this job. I am always thankful to have been able to master my sales abilities with customers while providing them the telephone services. It was a great challenge and i loved it. But it didn't last long.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Great place to build a career
Senior Project Manager/Managing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 January 2017
Great company to build an interesting and lasting career. Great opportunities to work in various business units for broader understanding of the industry
Pros
Flexible wok schedule
Cons
Long hour, high intensity, pressure anc challenge
Fun workplace with great management
Retention Loyalty Agent (Former Employee) –  Young and eglinton17 November 2016
Long hours passes easily when the work place is enjoyed, and Bell is the place to enjoy and work at the same time. I had fun participating in team work whether it is to meet the numbers or organizing Halloween or Christmas competitions.
Fast paced environment with challenging job expectations
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2015
On a daily basis a representative would speak to various types of customers with a wide range of issues and complaints. Often the client is irate and would require a creative solution with a compassionate approach for the outcome to be successful. Management also expects each call to be a handled under a short time frame with a sales attempt while following a very specific call flow guideline/application. Agents also must use and be familiar with over 15 different tools/applications to handle their daily calls. The quality of a representative's performance is also based on their customers' feedback.

I learned how to:
-multi-task
-deescalate any situation and/or individuals
-quickly create creative solutions

To management, you are just a number

Hardest part:
-meeting all the performance requirements, satisfying customers and remaining positive within a time constraint

Most enjoyable part:
-friendly and supportive teammates/co-workers
Pros
Good pay & incentives with reasonable benefits
Cons
Stressful with lack of recognition, job security and advancements
Hard working employees
Various Manager and Staff Manager Positions (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 January 2017
It was an enjoyable place to work but ultimately after doing many lateral moves at various functions there were no decent opportunities for advancement.
Interesting, high-pressure job
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Work from Home3 November 2016
Working at bell was a change from my usual sales job, I quickly adapted to the data mining required for this job. Being proficient on the computer was an asset I had through my everyday life, so learning to do the specific actions I needed to do was a simple task. My boss was patient and thorough in his teaching and a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job would have been wrangling everyone's data together to make the weekly/monthly presentations. The most enjoyable was seeing all those parts coming together.
great workplace environment
Express-vu Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Don Mills, ON9 February 2017
it was a pleasure working with bell it is a very friendly and comfortable atmosphere management is also very helpful
bell tried us good so doing the job was pretty easy i didn't have any problems understanding my duties and performing them
great company, values your contributions
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 February 2017
Have worked for them for quite a few years and always had support and felt valued as a member of the team even from the executive level. Awesome opportunity for commissions.
Pros
great commission structure
Cons
have to work holidays and weekends
Daliy Job Requirments
Customer Marketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2016
• Handling existing & new clients for Bell products & services
• Upgrading & downgrading Bell products & services
• Scheduling installation dates for existing & new Bell clients
• Billing inquires for new & existing Bell clients
Pros
Good Pay & Benefits
Cons
Monthly Cross-Training
Bell
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carbonear, NL22 November 2016
My typical day at Bell would consist of a lot of competition with fellow co workers for commission. Customers were great to see coming into the store. Always learned something new with working at bell, taking on new training with new products. couldn't ask for better management when I was there.
great workplace
Business Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL21 January 2017
I worked with Bell Aliant for 29 years and retired in December 2016. I enjoyed my work there, the people were great. The company offered a retirement package and I applied and didn't expect to get it but i did, therefore I had no choice but retire. It was a high demanding position with dispatching technicians for offshore, troubles with major companies across Newfoundland & Labrador.
Treated Like a Number
Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON24 November 2016
This is a great company to work for if you want job security, but be prepared to spend years in the trenches like a grunt working your way up the ladder.
Pros
Individual work
Cons
Weekends
Typical Day
Systems Architect (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 December 2016
1.Meet clients and provide pre-sales engineering.
2.Discuss design requirements with client and internal teams.
3.Create project charter.
3.Design a solution to meet the challenge.
4.Prepare written proposal, documentation, drawings and presentations.
5. Obtain customer approval of technical design and proposal.
6. Create a project and implementation plan.
7. Install and validate the design.
8. Ongoing solution design change prime.
Productive and interesting job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 September 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was the party at the end of the year with all employees. I learned the best way to sell services, my co-workers were so friendly. the hardest part of the job was when the system was down, we used to take notes of each call and do the report once the system was restored. There used to be a lot of change in management.
Pros
Free Pizza most of Fridays
Cons
stay long time on the last call at the end of the shift