BELL Employee Reviews in Canada

A great atmosphere to work in
Accounting/Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 4, 2016
I received inventory records (eg: telephone systems, telephone sets, and wiring). I would then cost the equipment and time spent of the job against the revenue revenue received and calculate the profit or loss per job.
The hardest part of the job was sometimes getting the inventory records from the managers.
The most enjoyable part was working as a team.
Pros
Learning cost accounting
Cons
Writing your own reviews
productive and fun workplace
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2016
made base for my career...learn to know very productive things and was great place to work with supportive coworkers. learned how to make best incentives too.
Worked very hard, but enjoyed every minute of it
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 3, 2016
This past summer I worked as a sales representative at Bell. My work day began at 8:30am and continued until 6:00pm. Throughout the day I would help many customers with their technological needs as well as handle customer escalations and act as a liaison to resolve customer concerns. I would help customers upgrade their cellphones, or set up new lines while ensuring that they were satisfied throughout the process. This job really helped me learn how important it is to exceed customers' expectations in order to build long-lasting relationships.
The management, as well as my co-workers were all extremely motivated and thrived at providing exceptional retail experiences for the clients. All of the staff were extremely educated when it came to the latest and greatest gadgets, and were always willing to help one another.
For me, the hardest part of the job was making sure that the customer was always satisfied. Cellphone plans can be very expensive and sometimes, it was very hard to find a solution to all of the customers needs/wants.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning all about customer service. I was able to practice my passion for technology while I put forth my excellent communication/customer service skills.
Pros
Learned a lot
Productive, Results driven with Excellent people
Associate Director, Project Delivery (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2015
As a Project lead was fortunate to be doing a job, I love that is driving business forward, adding value by leading enterprise wide projects, brainstorming, coming up with innovative ideas, taking vision/idea and translate it into a tangible product/solution so as to drive productivity, simplify process, launch new products and processes.

Every day was an exciting day, new problems to solve, interacting, coaching, with amazing individuals in a broad spectrum of roles, documenting project Charters, defining scope, data analysis, building business case, getting signoff, formalizing into the project at the EPMO, getting funding approval, running pilots, leading project meetings, negotiating, challenging teams to find creative solutions, and following up, proactively mitigating any risks, trade off on solutions, ensuring project is on time and on budget, driving intensive testing prior to any launch, providing status updates to stakeholders including level C execs and EPMO, designing and implementing change management strategy.

With a reputation as a Problem Solver, was often used as a sounding board by other members, vendors and was able to coach and mentor individuals to grow.
Pros
Learnings, Talented people, Forward looking, Shareholder focused
Cons
Not enough celebration of successes
Fun and Challenging
Senior Technical Support Agent/Blue Prints team (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 25, 2016
Monday is the best because the day goes by quickly.
I start by logging in to my computer checking emails reading some notes.After I start to organize the programs/tools that I use for the day. Then I prepare to log on the phone and the days starts by taking calls and assisting customers whatever their request is.
Challenging workplace and co-operative teammates
Mobile Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 23, 2015
Looking to grow within the company if opportunity strikes matching my experience and performance. Great benefits and advantages to know modern technology in day-to-day life
Productive work environment at Bell
TECHNICAL SUPPORT AGENT (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 27, 2016
Working at Bell allowed me to improve my customer service and technical support skills for all clients. I was able to take a manager role for a few months and enjoyed having the opportunity. Typical day at work would be receiving inbound calls helping customers with their technical support issues.
Director (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 20, 2015
A typical work day consisted of:
- A staff meeting first thing in the morning to plan the day.
- replying/sending emails regarding account/customer issues.
- following up with requests sent the previous day.
- one on one sit downs with team members during the work day.

I learned how to use my problem solving skills when resolving complex issues with corporate accounts and how to work well within a team, It was easy to be a team player there because the culture at BELL is exactly that, help each other and be professional. This position was a perfect fit for me and I enjoyed utilizing my strengths and learning to improve on my weaknesses, The hardest part of the job would have to the pressure of hitting you targets every quarter.
Pros
BELL employee achievement contests
Cons
Corporate support with the staff
fun and flexible work place.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, NLMay 22, 2016
I loved the job, working with Cell Phones was a big dream of mine even before I owned my own.. Further you go with the career the more it seems you get to choose your own hours and salary, it's kinda like creating a clientele, if they like you and how you handle their device and billing they will come back to you.
Fun place to Work!
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 10, 2015
I enjoy my career. Flexible hours and great team environment, however, management is lacking in a big way and there are no benefits.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Bad Management
Challenging and stimulating
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 27, 2015
I work for Bell corporate store department and everyday is a good challenge in order to motivate your team to attain all the different sales targets and helping them find a way to be consistant in their sales pitch by having one on one coaching.
Also, I need to manage different requests from inventory transfer requests from the planners team, reading and analyzing different reports, make sure to have a proper schedule which we will be efficient to serve customers in the peak hours, hiring new talents and creating a good work environment for my employee.
Pros
Tuition fee reimbursement, life benefits, advantage programs and flexible schedule
family like fast paced environment constant changes
BRS (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2015
Started of at 50 eglinton at the dmc were the compensation and environment was great. Moved to 100 borough drive to BRS , from there everything went down hill. . Management is wonderful and is willing to help you out with work or none work related issues. A normal day is arrive 20 mins early because the computer takes about 10 to load. Sales targets are unrealistic certain months because the calls get routed incorrect and there is nothing you can do for a customer unless he wants brand new services. Company rather pays less and gets garbage customer experience with 3rd parties then keep ur internal employees with at least 3 years of experience in bell who provide quality customer experience.

The sales director don't care about his workers they all just numbers.
If Bell was the same like 5 years ago when I first started I'd probably still stay. I'm sad to leave because from management to front line agents everyone was like a family.
Pros
great management, fast paced environment, learning new skills
Cons
schedule keeps changing, no work life balance, finish work at 9 pm and have to be at work 8 am next day
A good place to work
Logistics /Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONDecember 10, 2015
Bell is a good place to work just hard to be able to move up in the company .Can be long hours .365 days a year . People are good to work with .
Pros
good people
Cons
Not much change to move up in company
Working on orders and enjoying it
Customer Services/Back Office Agent (Former Employee) –  MontrealAugust 12, 2015
on a typical day...i just come in and do my task quietly..

i learned that team work is the best and working together makes the task fun to do.

the management was great when you complain about something as an employee they listen to you and assist you as soon and much as possible.

my co-workers are the best... we just enjoy what we do

the hardest part of the job is that when you have to be on the phone with clients that refuse or wont understand even when you explain or suggest something to them though the other line is ringing..

The most enjoyable part of the job is when we all busy but not so busy
Pros
enjoying what i do
Cons
sitting down for a long time
Very productive and fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 23, 2016
A very good team work environment. Offered lots of incentives to encourage and motivate employees for continuous and better production. Education assistance and other super benefits for employees
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Inconsistent shift work
great place to work
Directory assistance, sub clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONMay 21, 2016
Working at Bell Canada was very rewarding in that I was able to take on many new jobs including scheduling hours and payroll.
Was in charge of Operator Appreciation projects and rewards.
Pros
great job, great environment
Cons
Company closed Woodstock office in 2000.
Large scale company with leading technology
Application Event Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 17, 2016
Shift work monitoring server alarms and proactive resolution oftem times with assistance of application specialists or more senior system administrators, DBAs, Web specialists, network administrator, deployed technician, and programmers.
positive energy with team leaders to support
Client Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 31, 2016
received customer calls with concerns
demonstrated empathy and resolved with solutions and sales
challenges to meet set targets
daily ,weekly or monthly games in place with incentives toward sales
Pros
kick off events for sales campaigns
Cons
paid parking
Fantastic place to work!
Retail Sales Personnel (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMay 18, 2016
There are a million reasons to enjoy working for Bell. Not only are we encouraged to achieve the best customer service available, but we are given many opportunities to grow and evolve with the company. I love working here, and anybody else should too.
Bell Canada
Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 3, 2016
Overall it was not bad place to work. The managers were good and do their best to create work/life balance. However, there was little given in training. my hours were long but flexible. I can work from home.
Pros
flexible hours. option to work from home
Cons
Long hours. no real training