BELL

BELL Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very productive and fun Environment.
Manager-Test Automation Development (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 26, 2014
Lots of learning everyday. Great co-workers, Great office location.
Challenging yet rewarding job experience.
sales of mobile and home phones (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJune 25, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work would include checking our work e-mail for price changes, new devices, and quizzes to test out knowledge on our products.
I learned how to multitask, and use my free time wisely to keep myself updated on our latest promos.
I got along very well with my boss, and my co-workers. I really enjoyed working there.
The job was only complicated – more... in the aspect that there is so much information to memorize, and learn. Every day was a learning experience. I was told by many co-workers that you need to work there for more than a year to learn how to deal with every problem that a customer may face.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was meeting new people. – less
Fast paced sales team
Mid Market Business Development - Cloud Solutions (Current Employee), Mississauga ONJune 24, 2014
Pros: large company
Cons: the new campus is too far away for quite a few workers
There are a lot of products that Bell has to offer to business customers and residential customers.
An employee needs to keep up with everything in order to perform well in the Sales department.
At the end of the day, I would say that bell doesn't care about there employees that much.
Cable Repair Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJune 17, 2014
Pros: stock options
Cons: bad management
A day working at bell was more like being a slave to a slave master. I did learn a wealth of knowledge on wiring houses and the fundamentals about how phone service reaches its customers.
Management really needs a lot of improvements for such a big company.
On the most part, my co-workers were great, but there are many of them that only care about themselves – more... and would throw anyone under the bus if it meant they would advance
The hardest part of the job was dealing with bad managers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my hands and solving problems.. – less
Energetic High Paced Work Environment
Team Leader (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 12, 2014
Throughout my time at Bell I have learned how to be an effective Team Leader, in an ever changing face paced environment. I have had amazing leaders, and co-workers.
Productive fun work place with some times mini Golf games
Représentant au service à la clientèle (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJune 11, 2014
Pros: flexibles hours
Cons: working period changing regularly
I am actually working in a productive and fun work place with friendly co-workers.
The management staff sometimes rude with us, but they have to do so for us to be permanently productive and responsible.
The hardest part of the job is solving clients problems, retaining those who want to quit the company to a competitor. In fact it's quit difficult – more... to satisfy every single person on a daily basis.
I mostly enjoy my job when i reach the expectations of management in terms of results; clients satisfactions and problems solves. – less
Great place to work!
Reporting & Data Analyst (Current Employee), 100 Wynford Drive, TorontoJune 6, 2014
Pros: great team environment, proven company leadership
Cons: lack of employee recognition; commute to work
Typical day is:

- Responding to questions for PM or Project lead.
- Closing tickets/queries from internal and external customers via verbal, written and personal communication methods
- Partnering and leading programming teams to deliver essential sales reports to Management.
- Digging through data to understand impacts to the business and communicating – more... methods to improve results and efficiency.

I work on a great team and have a manger that fully supports my PM career path.

Hardest part of my job is trying to please everyone, but I do my best to prioritize to always ensure I meet important deadlines and produce accurate and timely results.

Best part of my job is that everyday is different. I get to use my best skills which is in communications to build great working relationships which helps to solve problems quickly and to work more productively. – less
Great company to work for.. with some nice perks to the job.
Mobile Sales Consultant (Current Employee), North Bay, ONJune 3, 2014
Pros: discount on bell services
Cons: over reacting customer when they break there phones.
-A typical day at work would consist of helping customers with there cell phones such as account issues/ broken phones, activate new cell phone accounts, and sell accesories.

-I learned a different side of sales with my exprience there. more of a service after the sale.

-the management is fair. They worked to give everyone employee the tools to succeed.

- – more... the hardest part of my job would be the down time between customers. It is a very empty store so nothing to clean or shelves to fill.. my other jobs i have always found something to work on.

-overall the whole job was enjoyable. – less
Canada's #1 telecommunications company
Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJune 1, 2014
Pros: no real pro's anymore
Cons: way too much stress, no job security and a huge amount of hypocrisy from upper management
Technology wise, hard to beat
For the past 7 years it has been restructure after restructure after restructure and budget cuts like there is no tomorrow. You are just a number and when your number gets pulled from the hat, you are instantly walked out the door.
Hardest part of the job
Associate Director - SMB Planning and Strategy (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 30, 2014
Long hours with no recognition or appreciation.

In the division I was in there was no upward mobility, not a lot of cultural diversity... very disappointing for a premier Ontario organization.
Great Work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 30, 2014
The job is sales driven. It's a nice place to work.
People works as a team help each other with their sales. Management always helps when there is any issue. It's a very enjoyable work experience.
Enthusiastic and fun work environment!
Customer Service Representative / Management (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 27, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: 12 hour days
I have worked with Bell Canada for 2+ years. I went from a regular agent taking calls 9 hours a day, to a top sales agent making the most monthly sales. Now I am part of a management team who meets with Bell directly weekly, does payroll for my agents. I run a team of 20 agents and constantly coach them to make sure they are succeeding the expectations – more... of Bell. – less
Good
Technician (Current Employee), HamiltonMay 23, 2014
The people i work with were great the only problem i have is the hours. you would be working every saturday sunday monday for a very long time.
Bell
Sales Associate (Former Employee), calgary AlbertaMay 20, 2014
Great work experience. Learn a lot from all the employees that worked there.
Bell
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee), hullMay 13, 2014
Cons: all
It was like working for Hitler. If you where late from your break, your screen would flash red. Management was young and inexperience.
Good camaraderie!
Project Control Officer and Project Coordination (Former Employee), Bell, ONMay 12, 2014
Pros: working in teams
Cons: not too much flexibility!
This experience was a good one but this was a contract position so I didn't have the same entitlement as a full time employee but was treated well during my stay there.
friendly environment
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 9, 2014
Bell Canada is good workplace you can learn from and contribute to.
Good working environment
agent de recouvrement (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 9, 2014
The call center at bell was a good learning environment to learn proper corporate culture. To also learn a more hands on approach in customer satisfaction
N/A
Telephone Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2014
it was a long time ago. Alot of things have changed since i was last there and to my knowledge this job is now done by machine.
Not For Pool Employees
CST-1 Pool (Current Employee), Moncton, NBMay 5, 2014
Pros: you have a job.
Cons: absolute unequal treatment including union support
as a (CST-1 Pool) employee you get nothing That offered to all other employees, such as benefits, Hours, pay scale, opportunities to advance, Consideration or respect for your experience or skills.

you are required to pay monies for Union Dues, Insurance, Special assessment fees... but you are not entitled to receive any of the services you pay for...example: – more... health Insurance (assurance) CST-1 (pool) pay a fee 13.80 monthly to ensure employees get network pricing... but are not eligible at any time to enroll at employee price.

With ALL you are NOT entitled to you are required to do work performance levels equal to or better than those who are "Regular Fulltime" Employees. And at the same time you are always being told you are lesser an employee even by your own management team. – less

About BELL

Bell Canada, commonly shortened to "Bell", is a major Canadian telecommunications company. Including its subsidiaries – Read more