BELL

BELL Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive company
Corporate Account Management (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 13, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management. Bell Canada is the largest communications company, which provides consumers, businesses and government customers with solutions for all their communications needs.
Exciting
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2015
Pros: the work place
Cons: Traffic
The people that I had to coach on a daily basis were awesome, being able to help them increase there overall sales on a monthly basis was fantastic. Dealing with customers on a regular basis was exciting, each day was different, I would have easy days and there were times when it was challenging to make customers very happy.

The most enjoyable times was reward programs for members inside my team that would help motivate them to increase there sales or even just make themselves better at what they did.
easy job
Service Technician (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 10, 2015
Pros: easy
Cons: work holidays and always outside.
easy job with good benefits just horrible to climb tall polls alone in the rural with no supervision. Not the safest job.
unethical employment practices, horrible leadership, Stay AWAY!!!
Human Resources officer (Former Employee), MontrealOctober 9, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: company culture, Long hours, management, illegal/unethical employment practices
The worst company I have ever worked for. I worked regularly until 9:00 pm every night. They fire people who take parental leave or CSST (disguised layoffs). They do not trust employees to work from home and monitor your every move in the building to make sure you are working. A culture of incompetence and job protection. Many People with long service and no education who are incompetent and over paid and work against improvements or innovations. Leadership is tossed around to fill holes in positions and really do not understand their jobs...scary!!!
Fun place to work especially if you enjoy standing for long hours
Corporate Store Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 8, 2015
Great colleauges! Fun place to work but under very tensed atmosphere. Great system set up by the leaders but more needs to be done in the area of middle management.
fun workplace
Technical support agent over the phone (Former Employee), ottawaOctober 8, 2015
Pros: free pizza during overtime hours
Cons: mandatory overtime
fun workplace
co-workers friendly
the hardest pat of the job is to make customers happy when their services are not working properly
Great place to meet people from diverse culture
Escalation Help Desk/Trainer (Former Employee), TORONTOOctober 5, 2015
Pros: Peers and coleauge
Cons: No work life balance
An ok place to work. Was better now the environment and culture have changed with managment, great employees all around
Very Relaxed and Fun Office Environment
Outside Field Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Bell, ONSeptember 30, 2015
Pros: Monthly allowance for Transportation, Great office environment, Flexible work hours, Base Salary + Commission for Security
Cons: Corporate Politics, Sales Restrictions, Management, Difficult to Earn High Tier Commissions
Working at Bell was probably one of my best experiences as a field sales representative - the people there were very friendly and chill. The pay was ok, for example, minimum wage + monthly car allowance + commission. The way the commission was structured was definitely for the benefit of the company. It was tier based commission. I.E. IF you get this many activation in a week, you get this much commission - you can also stack commission from previous week sales to the following week if you were smart about it. Incentives were ok, too. Incentives happen every month but are very random. They always have incentives for holidays, and it's very lucrative but restrictive, too. Having a proper sales funnel was the most difficult part of the job. Some great things about working here is that you get a working iPhone 4, 4S, or 5c, you get branded clothing, and an ID badge to work in the field. The cafeteria at the head office was nice - pool table, FIBE TV lounges, Jitz (Foozball), Table Hockey, etc. A lot of nice looking ladies, too - another great benefit ^.^

Management, though, is all over the place - for my team, our manager was barely there. During my experience at Bell, I had 4 different managers for our team within 8 months, which is INSANE. There is so much red tape involving what we can or cannot do as a field sales rep - for example, we CANNOT post promotions or deals online about what Bell is providing atm. The politics and legal policies there is INSANE because Bell is a huge company after all (3rd most known company in Canada - 135 years in the making).

My co-workers – more... were awesome, fun to be around and to work with as well. Very intelligent individuals. I would also heed that avoid those co-workers who are negative and don't do their work - it can be infectious so avoid them at all costs. Door-to-Door sales is extremely difficult, and only for those who CHOOSE to be in it and willing to go through all the difficulties and obstacles of it.

I learned a lot about myself while I was working for Bell as a Field Sales Representative, for example, I noticed myself being too dependent on other people just to get work done. I literally had to force myself to separate from the group and work on my own for a month. But that was my own issue I had to deal with and I did. Emotionally, the job was difficult, but you get better and better as LONG as you're willing to learn and grow through the job. My biggest learning experience was that if you focus on the results you won't produce any, but if you are driven by results and focus on the process (enjoy selling, talking to people, building relationships) there is no limit to your potential in sales. – less
good place
Collection Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 30, 2015
this place was a place i loved to work at and would advise others to give it a whirl if theyre interested in this line of work
good people.. good shifts and good opportunities
I had fantastic work experience with my co-workers and develop more sales and negotiation skills
System Administrator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 28, 2015
The testing role was very challenging with a great opportunity to learn new technology. The working environment was great with all the tools required to complete the job.
Fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaSeptember 24, 2015
It was a good experience. There were a lot of training opportunities. I found that there was a lot of stress and pressure with the job however.
great company great staff
Sales representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: short hours
Cons: bad pay
this was an amazing place to work everyone was happy and knew what they were doing, the managment was great and kept their staff happy.
Bell's place where employees are encouraged to be creative...
Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 20, 2015
Bell's place where employees are encouraged to be creative...within the frame of building the company's brand in a positive way...a place where work life balance is part of the work culture...
Interesting experience
Sales representative for Bell solutions (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 18, 2015
Pros: Commission
Cons: Locations
It was a new experience, as the job was a trial run/research opportunity. Working for a well known company gave a sense of accomplisment.
Coop Work Term
Co-op Student/ Junior Tax Analyst (Former Employee), Saint John, NBSeptember 16, 2015
Pros: supportive management
Cons: not alot of flexibilty in projects
Very tight deadlines on projects working as a junior tax analyst. Management was there when I needed assistance on the projects.
Staff were helpful to train.
Clerical Technician (Former Employee), Scarborough,ontario.September 15, 2015
I worked in the bell on co-op student basis for a short time period and was very interesting.I learned how to calculate long distance call . I also learn how to take print out customer bill from fiche Reader program. The manager as well other staff helped me to learn. Co-workers are very helpful.
Challenging
Certification and Testing Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2015
Fast pace environment
Direct Marketing Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 5, 2015
Pros: Monthly hypes
Cons: No work/life balance
Good place to work at in terms of working in a team. Ongoing training on the job and plenty of new things to learn everyday. Best of the job is helping and resolving all clients’ requests and escalations and making sure clients were satisfied with resolution.
Not the best company to work for.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 3, 2015
Cons: Bad management, false incentives.
The location I was employed at did not have very much traffic. There would be only a handful of customers that would come to that location.

Within the few months of working with Bell, I was able to create new accounts independently & service present accounts.

The management was not very thorough with my training, I have only been employed with the company for a month and a half and I was left alone to "manage" the store.

My co-workers were very easy to get along with and they were very helpful when I had any questions or concerns.

The hardest part of my job was trying to complete tasks when I wasn't completely sure of how to do it, because of the lack of training.

The most enjoyable part of working for Bell ( WorldLynx ), would have to be the co-workers.
Productive but very stresstful
Project Manager (Former Employee), St.John's, NLSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits, good colleagues
Cons: Expectations
My typical day at Bell involved managing IT projects. I would have to develop project plans (with the assistance of my team members), and then ensure that the tasks are assigned to team members with the right skills and follow through with getting them completed on budget and on time. On a weekly basis develop status reports and make presentation to upper management on its overall progress.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my colleagues who were very supportive in getting the project completed. There was a lot of red tape but again with a company of this size, it was to be expected.

Overall, I enjoyed working at Bell but have to say that it is a very stressful workplace especially with the restructuring that would happen from day to day.
Employees