BELL Employee Reviews

Overall a good experience
UC Specialist (Former Employee) –  All over the place6 January 2017
I had a lot of fun during my time at Bell. I traveled frequently, worked on large projects and had access to training funds. Unfortunately, business objectives change and the unit I was in ended up being eliminated. I had a fantastic manager and director. I believe that George Cope's vision for the company is solid. However, the internal day to day workings of Bell is chaotic. I liken it to being with a group of Alzheimer's patients - every day is new. Nothing you did yesterday applies. Some coworkers are great, most of them are less than mediocre. It's somewhat of a dog eat dog mentality. Everyone wants to save themselves (from being redundant). That is part of the chaos. Everyone's experience will be different depending on what part of the company you are in. Some have a terrible experience. Others, like myself, will have or have had a good manager that made showing up worth it.
Pros
Work from home, travel, training, good projects
Cons
Long hours traveling, frequent layoffs
Fuan and productive
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 October 2016
It was really fun working at Bell as I learned the closing techniques at this job. I am always thankful to have been able to master my sales abilities with customers while providing them the telephone services. It was a great challenge and i loved it. But it didn't last long.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Good people, great place to work.
Sales Representative - Enterprise SWAT Team (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2016
Penetrate enterprise accounts that were previously assigned and could not be penetrated (80% success rate). I learned there is opportunity in every account, if you dig deep enough. Always up for a challenge. Good employees creating a high close ratio team environment.
Pros
winning
Cons
driving in traffic
Great benefits but no carrer advancement opportunities
Customer service Representative/Technical support (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 November 2016
No career dvancement opportunities. The shifts are pretty bad, it doesn't get better with seniority.
Pretty multicultural workplace, good pay, great benefits program
Pros
Great location
Cons
Bad shifts
productive and fun place to grow your experience and future
Sr. ETL/Business Intelligence Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 February 2017
i learned a lot while working at bell, got lots of chances to learn on different technologies. the environment was great and got chance to meet new people from different culture
Fun workplace with great management
Retention Loyalty Agent (Former Employee) –  Young and eglinton17 November 2016
Long hours passes easily when the work place is enjoyed, and Bell is the place to enjoy and work at the same time. I had fun participating in team work whether it is to meet the numbers or organizing Halloween or Christmas competitions.
Okay
Technician (Current Employee) –  downtown toronto16 January 2017
Work/ life balance is horrible, policies and procedures are always changing. The union is there to help but often complaints or issues go unresolved, co-workers are amazing (probably the best part of the job) there are a lot of stipulations around benefits.
Too many different departments. each one is different. ours was in its closing stages.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 January 2017
Usual Call center type of environment. Very well organized. Customer service and punctuality were priority. Shift work, any hours are possible depending on the department.
Extremely satisfying work...
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2016
- Customer services
- How to manage stress and keep customers happy
- Management was extremely helpful and highly professional
- Co-workers were friendly and understanding
- No part I found hard enough to deviate me off my job
- Talking with customers, especially difficult ones:-)
A good sales job.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 January 2017
Bell does a fairly good job or treating their employees well. After commission, most consultants make around the $40,000 range, however you can make a bit more depending on how much you sell. At the end of the day, it is a sales focused job.
Great work place
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC12 February 2017
Great Work place
I have been with the company for over 10 years.
I have learned so much and was able to work in different teams.
You are able to work independently, but also have great team work.
Pros
Managers, teams, work environment
Cons
salary
Review
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2016
Typical day at work include;
updating products and services that have been promoted and coming on to the market for knowledge and customer introduction.

managing customer questions, concerns and problem solving each situation to best service and retain customer satisfaction.

Sale products and services by recognizing each customer need or want as well as increasing sales revenue for business.

cooperating and participating as team player with all staff by providing knowledge support and guidance.

End of day balancing and reconciling invoices.
Pros
continuous staff support
Cons
sunday hours
Communication skill enhancing - technical and verbal
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 September 2016
Working for Bell was probably the best start to a career I could have asked for. I quite enjoyed my experience and having the ability to work with all types of the population and make every attempt to ensure a positive result for the customer and myself.
Pros
Commission
Cons
slow growth potential
It's Okay
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON10 February 2017
For the store I manage there is a lot of favoritism by the owner. As a manager I am required to work every Saturday due to favoritism.
There is 0 chance for movement within the company itself when working for a dealer store.

Rate of pay is sub-par
Pretty good place to work
Manager Retention & Loyalty/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 February 2017
This was a great place to start my career. I learned a lot along the way. Moving up from customer service to management. Everything I learned developed me for all of the challenges in my career.
A Bit Cut Throat
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB10 August 2016
As a commission sales driven culture working here tends to be cut throat and a bit underhanded at times. Management is extremely top heavy. When sales targets aren't being met the CEO will berate the marketing team who in tern will berate the national managers who will turn around and etc, The problem being that the anger flows down but the explanations never made it back up as was the case in Alberta when the oil field crashed and no one was spending money.

On the plus side they do offer a decent training program, benefits package, and competative commissions structure.
Pros
commissions, training
Cons
top heavy management
Best working environment and intelligent people to work
Database Administrator (DBA) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2017
Bell is good employer and has good team work approach in co-operate culture. Nice and Intelligent people makes the day to day engagement give you good working experience.
Productive and fun place to work
Direct Marketing Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 February 2017
Great place to work overall. Can't complain - great mentors, good pay and overall you are treated well.

Very corporate environment, people come to work to work. No social aspect to it/
door to door
Door to door Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 January 2017
door to door is what it is regardless of who you work for. people will still be rude and wary because they don't know you and don't want to be sold anything. Especially not Bell's services.
Pros
independance
Cons
door to door
Working direct with Bell as their field sales guy!
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON4 October 2016
Bell was amazing, the managers I had were so helpful, I learned a lot much from them. There are no benefits, but pay was very high.
I left to work on my own ventures and finish school.
Pros
High salary, awesome team, base pay for the slow days
Cons
No benefits