BELL Employee Reviews in Canada

No benefits, no management supports, treated like a nobody if no sales made
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 4, 2016
So you train for 1 week and get treated really nice, new iphone and all the information you can retain. Learning new sales skills and getting loads of information on competitors.

You are sent in the field with a list that has already been exhausted. Dont go in the high rise building, you cannot solicit and will be thrown out by the property manager. Most private residents are not interested in what you have to say and you have to really work hard to get a sale. All the while your team lead/ sales manager is calling you every evening to get information on your sales for the day. If you do not do well; you are made to feel like a FAILURE AND GIVEN A WARNING.

No respect for their fellow colleagues and a horrible position to work in. You are better office working a regular 9-5 or getting an office job in Bell or somewhere else. Can you tell I was traumatized by this experience....
Pros
Cons
too many to name
Simple. Limited.
Bell Services Associate, The Source (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 15, 2016
Greet Customers and Tell them about Bell Residential Services such as home phone and internet. Limited growth. Was not allowed to assist customers with store items.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
Limited work. Could not do more even if you wanted to.
positive energy with team leaders to support
Client Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 31, 2016
received customer calls with concerns
demonstrated empathy and resolved with solutions and sales
challenges to meet set targets
daily ,weekly or monthly games in place with incentives toward sales
Pros
kick off events for sales campaigns
Cons
paid parking
Bell Canada
Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 3, 2016
Overall it was not bad place to work. The managers were good and do their best to create work/life balance. However, there was little given in training. my hours were long but flexible. I can work from home.
Pros
flexible hours. option to work from home
Cons
Long hours. no real training
Best place that provide you the pride to be an employee
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 25, 2016
The best company that can show you every single day that you are not just an number but a human being who needs training and improvement to succeed giving you rewards and assessment to be the best
my day to day
Business Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 17, 2016
administrative job regarding customers request.
outbound calls to customer with potential needs
learned a lot from bell / lots of seminars
hardest part of job was the process of placing a order for western region
Pros
job culture
Cons
too big company
Daily Job Requirements
Logistics Attendant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 9, 2016
The day starts with picking and delivery of material needed by Bell Technicians for their vehicles. After then, receive material and restock shelves. When time and availability is present, the vehicles must be taken to repair garage for maintenance and repair.

Also, being in the warehouse, we must be able to service the technicians needs as far as material, tools and general assistance in getting the technicians out to their required appointments.
Pros
Clothing and adjustable hours are supplied
Cons
Workload and lack of employees to do the necessary jobs at hand.

Comment – April 21, 2016

Job is 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, rotating days off. A lot of stress getting all work done. More people would help but company insists on minimum staff.

Great
Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 2, 2016
Great place to work and learn new things. Reporting, analysis, design , conference calls, team work.

Really enjoyed working here it is a great place to find out what you would like to do as there are many facets of the business.
Pros
Interesting
Cons
Technology Always Changing
Incredible learning experience and development of teamwork skills
Network Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day at work involved working with my team and coding SQL to help facilitate the jobs of my peers. I learnt incredible teamwork and computer coding skills. I had a boss that lived in a different city, which allowed me to develop more independence. My management and coworkers were all very intelligent people that I learned a great deal from. The hardest part of the job was teaching myself a new computer language, and the most enjoyable part was being able to be part of a hard-working close-knit team.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Long distance
Daliy Job Requirments
Customer Marketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2016
• Handling existing & new clients for Bell products & services
• Upgrading & downgrading Bell products & services
• Scheduling installation dates for existing & new Bell clients
• Billing inquires for new & existing Bell clients
Pros
Good Pay & Benefits
Cons
Monthly Cross-Training
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 28, 2016
My typical day goes by fast and mostly have me doing super-multi tasking.
Being an end user Tier-2 support, I end up learning new things everyday due to existing and latest technical issues.
Co-workers are always fun to work with because you learn from them everyday, and build a good day-to-day professional relationship.
The hardest part of my job, for me, are the days possessing stagnancy. I love developments.
The most enjoyable part of any job, I must say, is challenges that push you go an extra mile to learn something.
Productive environment where the customer was number one and employees were treated with respect.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 25, 2016
I have learned just about everything there is to know about customer service in this company. The days at work were intense and required attentiveness at all time. This of course was all in the spirit of giving excellent service to he customer.
Management was attentive to employees and always available to better the service.
Co-workers were great people with the same objectives ready and willing to share responsibilities.
The most difficult part of the job, keeping the customers and employees 100% satisfied, was also the most enjoyable and challenging.
Benefits
Cons
Too few hours - 32 1/2 hours work week
Not a good experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 26, 2016
It was good to learn communication skills and interact with people but pay wise it was not good. It was commission based job because of which I was not making enough money. So I had to quit this job.
unethical
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2016
As much as I enjoyed working for Bell, I also hated the fact that some of things done for clients were unethical. Franchise's goal was just to make money and customer's best interest was widely ignored.
Most amazing place to work
Project Manager - Network Operations (Former Employee) –  Montreal, CanadaApril 30, 2016
Bell Canada is the place to learn, create, demonstrate, take the lead and succeed. You get a clear picture on how telecommunications started and enjoyed participating in the evolution.
Cons
Great place to work with minimal job requirements
Billing Analyst/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 16, 2016
If you decided not to pursue post secondary education and have no other passion/opportunity to pursue, then this is a great job. The bonuses can be good enough plus the base pay was $12.5 (circa 2016).

This job will teach you some important sales/persuasion skills which can be used in many other scenarios/settings, additionally, you will have considerably improved communication and small talk skills if you do the job right. Everyone is really friendly and the work environment is great. Management is superb! Doesn't get any better if you ask me.

The hardest part is the repetitiveness. I couldn't stand it after some time. But that was also the best part because some days I was half asleep and I could literally be fantasizing about my upcoming vacation and still complete the job with no trouble.
Pros
Bonuses just do what they teach you
Cons
Random hours you won't always have the weekend off.
Productive and face to face dealing with clients
Sales Consultant and Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 21, 2016
• It`s very productive and dealing with client face to face on daily basis.
• Networking.
• Learning every year new products and keep our self-updated with new plans and the projects.
• Working with team like as family
• Any issues comes we always break the ice and deal with it very smoothly.
• We always have fun at work with clients, laugh, talk and enjoy.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Same pay
fun office to work in
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  HamiltonJune 16, 2016
Great company and products, the mangagement wasn't the greatest or most caring though, the job was to help with customer needs and wants and sell products like cable, internet and home phones
great day
Business Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 10, 2016
going to work early
outbound call because its easier to reach executive (at that time)
take care of followups and administrative task
closing deals is the best part of my job.
benefits
Cons
process is different and very long
Door to Door, Team based sales
Residential Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  North York, ONJanuary 17, 2016
To start the day, I head to my territory, send my GPS co-ordinates, to head office, so that my Manager knows that I'm on field.
I then proceed to follow a lead list showing me which houses in the neighborhood qualify for services upgrades. I then speak to the homeowners and try to present our product and all the benefits that go with it. I work with a great sales team, and the manager is really helpful. The hardest part of the job is getting people to give you their time to talk. I do however like actually speaking to them, there is a good chance I will meet and speak to unique families.