BELL Employee Reviews

fun team environment
Team Lead ­ Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2017
Helped prioritize work schedules and delegated assignments and developed solutions as part of quality management team.
Easily establish rapport with people of all ages, cultures, and beliefs.
Analyzed economic conditions, business trends and potential markets. Excellent motivational, planning and communication skills, with proven results building winning teams that exceed objectives.
Technically oriented - resourceful in problem solving and strategic planning to alleviate problems and took initiative in evaluating opportunities for team members.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no team working
A good sales job.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 January 2017
Bell does a fairly good job or treating their employees well. After commission, most consultants make around the $40,000 range, however you can make a bit more depending on how much you sell. At the end of the day, it is a sales focused job.
Great work environment
Bell Field Sales (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 January 2017
This job was great! There was many benefits to working outside with your team. Pursuing and track clients was always rewarding. Door to door sales, 100% commission is can be a great opportunity. I have done commission only door to door sales for four summers. It has treated me really well. 100% commission especially in a door to door environment allows you to get paid what you are worth.

You control how many doors you knock on in a day. You control the attitude and presentation you deliver at the door. Quite honestly, it becomes a numbers game. The more doors you knock with a positive attitude the more money you will make. A company isn't going to let you go for one bad day of sales, but they also don't want slackers dragging down their other sales representatives.
Pros
Good schedule
Cons
Work during bad weather
Overall a good experience
UC Specialist (Former Employee) –  All over the place6 January 2017
I had a lot of fun during my time at Bell. I traveled frequently, worked on large projects and had access to training funds. Unfortunately, business objectives change and the unit I was in ended up being eliminated. I had a fantastic manager and director. I believe that George Cope's vision for the company is solid. However, the internal day to day workings of Bell is chaotic. I liken it to being with a group of Alzheimer's patients - every day is new. Nothing you did yesterday applies. Some coworkers are great, most of them are less than mediocre. It's somewhat of a dog eat dog mentality. Everyone wants to save themselves (from being redundant). That is part of the chaos. Everyone's experience will be different depending on what part of the company you are in. Some have a terrible experience. Others, like myself, will have or have had a good manager that made showing up worth it.
Pros
Work from home, travel, training, good projects
Cons
Long hours traveling, frequent layoffs
experience sales people beware....
Salesman (Former Employee) –  various5 January 2017
Having worked at Bell over three separate times this is the worse. Bell 'sub-contracts' the function to PCS who is the employer and the culture is cutthroat for numbers , not listening to feedback on locations, and just simple bad management in this organizational matrix situation.
Bell employees have priority to your sales and lost commissions and reported but nothing done.

Good entry position to see if you are a 'sale-person' but anyone with experience would not put up with the situation
Pros
Pay is in bank on time all the time
Cons
management, sales locations, people and strategy
Productive and great workplace
B2B Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 January 2017
Daily interactions with great people. Awesome work environment, lots of positive energy and great culture to work in. Did B2B sales daily interacting with business owners. I love customer service so this was a great job. Very independent work
Pros
Great people
Cons
all commission
No work life balance
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
Be prepared to work 6/7 days week. Banked hours are guaranteed honoured 30 days in advance. Contract has a lot of loopholes that Bell exploits. Days are unrealistically packed with work.

Managers and co workers are awesome and helpful.
Pros
mangers and coworkers
Cons
no work life balance, hard to take days off, no rest, other dept not helpful
17 years of working at Bell
Business technicien 1 (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC4 January 2017
Worked with a great team and I love a good technical challenge. Learned to work as a team and fix trouble by myself.
Management was able to fit work and family time .
Great atmosphere
Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2017
Prestigious company to always further your career path within. Great Job security. Help is always there if needed. Great coworkers and managment.
Pros
Benefits, annual wage increases, premiums, free work apparel.
Ever changing environment
Helpdesk Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB2 January 2017
Bell is a good company for salary/benefits.
Things change very quickly and you can go from a regular Mon-Fri work week, to all of a sudden working 12 hours (4 on 4 off) shifts.
Typical Day
Systems Architect (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 December 2016
1.Meet clients and provide pre-sales engineering.
2.Discuss design requirements with client and internal teams.
3.Create project charter.
3.Design a solution to meet the challenge.
4.Prepare written proposal, documentation, drawings and presentations.
5. Obtain customer approval of technical design and proposal.
6. Create a project and implementation plan.
7. Install and validate the design.
8. Ongoing solution design change prime.
Productive and excellent place to work
Sr. Network Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 December 2016
Bell is an excellent place to work to improve skills and environment is also very good. People are nice including Manager and colleague.
Overall Bell is excellent.
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2016
Bell Canada is a great place to grow professionally as an employee. I worked there for many years and met great people that became life long friends.
Pros
Great work environment
Very positive and challenging work environment.
Residential Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 December 2016
Working at Bell Canada was one of the most exciting and fun jobs I've had. The staff was always pleasant to work with. We were treated very well in terms of benefits and commissions. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of our job was touring the province in order to promote our residential services at big events such as the "Jazz Fest", the "Festival d'été" in Quebec City, and other large scale events across the province as well as small pop-up kiosks in malls which we would call "mall tours". When we would travel, all our expenses were paid including hotels, food, and $0.45/km traveled.
Benefits
Cons
Productive, fun workplace great amenities, and great employees
Project Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2016
- Great work environment for 8 hour work days
- I've learned a lot about the company
- toughest part in the job may be producing numbers but no issue so far
- most enjoyable part of the job, coming in to great people, with a fantastic work environment and great work
No balance of life and work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON2 December 2016
Good pay, advancement based on local branch sometimes will not happen for many years. Management not very interactive, just look at numbers. Inconsistent hours, on call for up to 6 days a week, no weekends.
Cons
long hours, no weekends
Treated Like a Number
Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON24 November 2016
This is a great company to work for if you want job security, but be prepared to spend years in the trenches like a grunt working your way up the ladder.
Pros
Individual work
Cons
Weekends
Good beginner job with room to grow
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 November 2016
It is a good place to work and a good step in the door for students and people just entering the work force. From this position one would definitely want to move up for their career advancement which is lots of room to do.
Bell
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carbonear, NL22 November 2016
My typical day at Bell would consist of a lot of competition with fellow co workers for commission. Customers were great to see coming into the store. Always learned something new with working at bell, taking on new training with new products. couldn't ask for better management when I was there.
Great benefits but no carrer advancement opportunities
Customer service Representative/Technical support (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 November 2016
No career dvancement opportunities. The shifts are pretty bad, it doesn't get better with seniority.
Pretty multicultural workplace, good pay, great benefits program
Pros
Great location
Cons
Bad shifts