BELL Employee Reviews

Bell Canada
Service Escalation Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 July 2016
Excellent employer with good benefits. Good work life balance and fair pay. Fast moving environment. Many courses provided to ensure job knowledge and proficiency.
Very productive and fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2016
A very good team work environment. Offered lots of incentives to encourage and motivate employees for continuous and better production. Education assistance and other super benefits for employees
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Inconsistent shift work
fun and flexible work place.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, NL22 May 2016
I loved the job, working with Cell Phones was a big dream of mine even before I owned my own.. Further you go with the career the more it seems you get to choose your own hours and salary, it's kinda like creating a clientele, if they like you and how you handle their device and billing they will come back to you.
lots of pressure by managers to complete job even if its not in your hand.
BTS Technician (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 March 2016
Salary is not good according to work. Lots of traveling form one city to another city in your shift. Winter time its very hard to work outside after 7pm due to dark.but this company force you to work and some shift are 5pm to 9pm only. Some guys are working only 2 days Saturday and Sunday in a week but you should available for whole week. They can force you any day. Hard part is when managers force techs to work just because they are getting good intensive in end of year. Union is just eating your money they don't do any thing for you.
Great experience connecting with residential clients.
Inside Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2017
- Making cold calls everyday to connect with clients providing solutions to their home services including Home Phone, Internet, Cable TV and Cell Phone contracts.
- The biggest component of sales that I have learned at Bell was that people buy people.
- Very supportive management and a very important tool for sales people to do their jobs well. Investing in their employees is what they preached and practiced.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was when you make a sale and help your clients save money and get the best.
system administrator
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 May 2016
A fun place to work at. I have learned to a lot of things from my team . Great management always will to help. You are given advancements and good benefits
had all the fun things gym,play room pool tables ect,, just no time to enjoy them.
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB3 February 2016
Had to be in 10 minutes before to log in to many of our different apps we worked threw and get ready to receive a high volume of calls I was Loyalty Retention so my job was a little more stressful since I was the one they not only called to cancel services if they had problems or better prices else where , bills never the same on a monthly basis so alot of irate customers so in certain cases we could offer a Promotion on theyre services like money off they,re bill that usually helped some what did help was to have good social skills and to understand where they,re coming from also .My job was not only to save my customer but to also up sell, for exemple the telephone if they didn,t have it I,d have to try to convince them it would be at there benefit to have it ,my sales were pretty good I made bonuses that part of the job working with people on the phone and multitasking I loved .
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Not for a person like me
Fun work environment.
Level 2 Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montreal-est, QC27 May 2016
Great team and a great environment. Working for Bell was a great experience where I learned a lot. Great experience and great training.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
micro management
Productive environment where the customer was number one and employees were treated with respect.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 January 2016
I have learned just about everything there is to know about customer service in this company. The days at work were intense and required attentiveness at all time. This of course was all in the spirit of giving excellent service to he customer.
Management was attentive to employees and always available to better the service.
Co-workers were great people with the same objectives ready and willing to share responsibilities.
The most difficult part of the job, keeping the customers and employees 100% satisfied, was also the most enjoyable and challenging.
Benefits
Cons
Too few hours - 32 1/2 hours work week
Pretty good place to work
Manager Retention & Loyalty/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 February 2017
This was a great place to start my career. I learned a lot along the way. Moving up from customer service to management. Everything I learned developed me for all of the challenges in my career.
Fast paced work environment
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 January 2017
A typical day at work was taking client care calls, resolving billing issues, and helping customers make other chances to their mobile phone account as well as minor troubleshooting
-I learned a lot about cell phones such as Apple, Android, Blackberry. Also learnt a lot about troubleshooting each kind of phones mentioned above. Moreover also learnt a lot about how to calm upset customers as well as little up-sells of newer features and plans company would offer over the course of time. I learnt how to explain things in visual detail with my words as we were to help customers over the phone.
At times having free lunch and games as well as meeting a lot of great people to work with was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Work Balance Place
Solutions Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2016
Work Balance is important to Bell Canada, Overall good place to work. Salary can be on the low side but the challenge and promotion opportunity is available.
great day
Business Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2016
going to work early
outbound call because its easier to reach executive (at that time)
take care of followups and administrative task
closing deals is the best part of my job.
benefits
Cons
process is different and very long
fast paced and competitive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham Ontario4 November 2016
I answered the phone and tried to answer any questions customers had with their phone bills. We took care of all errors or changes to phone bills as well as handled all the moving of telephones, installations and disconnections.
I also collected delinquent phone bills and we had to disconnect overdue accounts as well as try and collect previously disconnected accounts. This was all for residential customers.
Our job was to be the voice of Bell Canada
Pros
learned a lot of customer service skills
Cons
sales very competitive, often dealt with disgruntled customers
No work life balance
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
Be prepared to work 6/7 days week. Banked hours are guaranteed honoured 30 days in advance. Contract has a lot of loopholes that Bell exploits. Days are unrealistically packed with work.

Managers and co workers are awesome and helpful.
Pros
mangers and coworkers
Cons
no work life balance, hard to take days off, no rest, other dept not helpful
Simple. Limited.
Bell Services Associate, The Source (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 May 2016
Greet Customers and Tell them about Bell Residential Services such as home phone and internet. Limited growth. Was not allowed to assist customers with store items.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
Limited work. Could not do more even if you wanted to.
It was productive, learnt new skills and there was opportunities for growth.
Technical Support Specialist Level2 (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
Bell Canada is a large organization and has lot of opportunites in Internet, Tv and phone industry. I joined bell in a tech support team but gradually learned more skills, and moved to higher level support team where i was able to support the customer and clients for their, tv, Internet or phone issues. I learnt about fiber optic technology, and started to work in fibe tv and internet dept, and helped customer for their Internet, phone or tv inquiries. I worked 10+ years in Bell but bell shifted their support office to offshore companies and we all the team members were laid off from the bell service.
Pros
free coffe and tea, some time free lunch on holidays work
Cons
I was working 37.5 hrs in a week, and there was some over time available
great
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 February 2017
great place to work. you meet kind people.Management and employees and employers are good. A great place to begin your career.
Def look forward to working again.
No respect for employees.
Telecommunications Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON13 January 2017
Forced Overtime. Disciplined if cant make it in for OT because of personal obligations. Late notice night before schedule changes.The company can't forecast the workload properly. Lies to customers sometimes to get a sale. Company wastes money on tracking, and pointless programs that don't help the technicians but in fact make their job more difficult and stressful. Poor communication at BTS. No respect for humanity and values.
Enjoy working outside, and dealing with different troubles and troubleshooting.
Pros
Lots of OT
Cons
Don't respect their employees
Not a friendly place to work
Wireless Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 March 2016
Poor benefits and lack of teamwork. Management attendance was poor and sales staff was always angry at each other. Worked there for almost 4 years and no one was promoted from within. Instead new management was hired from outside all the time. When new staff replacement arrives, they have no clue of what's going on and most of them end up quitting within 4 months.