BELL

BELL Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
maybe another life time
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), toronto onJuly 25, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: too much
too much demanding --- there is no human interactions, they expect you to be a robot
Fun friendly work environment with excellent management.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), West Vancouver, BC, CanadaJuly 24, 2014
Pros: occasional free lunch if you performed well on a specific day.
Cons: inconsistent scheduling/hours.
A typical day at work consists of greeting new/existing clients who need a new phone, are looking to bundle bell services, technical support with devices, etc. Taking care of back end stuff ie. Inventory check, stock recieving, etc.

Working in sales, I learned it is very important to listen to what the client is saying. Find out what the clients needs – more... are, and find the best solution for them. Sometimes, the latest and greatest product won't be the best for every client.

As far as management goes I've been lucky enough to have awesome managers at all my jobs. This one in particular, as they (3 separate managers since starting at Bell) know just what to do/say to help you improve as a person as well as help increase efficiency/effectiveness.

Co-workers have been great as well. I've gotten to know/learn a lot about the people I've worked with at Bell and their all very nice people. I've made a few friendships outside of work, through the company during my time there.

The most difficult part of the job was the pressure to hit a (high) target in a low traffic area. Although the store and mall had seen a decline in clientele, targets were the same as the year prior to construction (if not higher) in some cases. That being said, I was able to maintain good numbers with the company during my time there.

The job had many enjoyable parts, but, being around genuinely friendly colleagues who weren't out to take your sale, instead work as a team and help team-sell was very important to me. Management knowing when the team needed a morale boost was also very important. – less
Enjoyable, fast paced, highly productive and newly rennovated break rooms
Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2014
Pros: benefits, coffee stations
Cons: long hours
The greatest benefit working at Bell was the experience received working in a fast past, constantly changing environment. Dealing with different projects and initiatives and change in direction made me alert and allowed me to develop skills in prioritization and managing expectations.

I learned that you can not please everyone at all times, however – more... providing guidelines and setting work back schedules allowed me to provide all partners involved the progress made on projects as well as completion dates and milestones achieved.

I would spend the beginning part of the day responding to e-mails and handling any outstanding issues or last minute demands.
I would prioritize what I would needed to complete for that day. In conjunction with my weekly plans this helped me with organizing my schedule.

I had the option of taking 30 minutes or 1 hr for lunch and coffee, tea, water was readily available.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was the recognition we received for a job well done, not to mention the colleagues I had were all wonderful.

It was an open environment and we had the ability to speak with VPs, Directors and management freely.

The company took care of providing break room facilities where they provided TVs, ipads, pool tables, and other activities to spend time and relax. – less
productive with get co-workers
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 14, 2014
A typical day would consist of you coming to work and preparing yourself to be on the sales floor, clocking in yourself in and checking your work email for any new promotions and sales to pitch at the customers to getting them to sign up with Bell.

I learned the connection you must make with a customers in order to make sales and weekly targets. how – more... to open and close stores. preparing the sales floor.

Management was always there over looking the sales floor and if you where stuck in a situations with a customer the mangers would either take over or help guide you through it and after they would give you pointers and tips on how to deal with it next time.

My co-works where very open and always willing to help you close a sale or if you need help doing tasks they would always be there to give you a hand.

Hardest part was when you were trying to close a sales with a customer but that was also the best part cause it gave you a challenge and made you feel good when you closed it.

The most enjoyable, part was the people I worked with. – less
fun workplace
Direct Marketing Agent, Bell (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2014
Pros: sales money
Cons: the hours you work dont let you have a life outside of work
a typical day at work includes taking calls from customers new and old and answering their questions regarding services and also flyers and promotions they receive in the mail participate in team meetings and sales hypes the management is very hands on they always are their to help you when you need it my coworkers are very nice and friendly and willing – more... to help also if needed they are almost like family – less
Bell Mobile
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2014
Selling bell products like bell home phone bell TV and bell cable
Fun place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Thunder Bay IntercityJuly 3, 2014
Really good place to work but absolutely no chance for advancement.
Learnt how to listen to people and solve there problems.
Fun Place to Work
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 1, 2014
Pros: interaction with new people everyday
Cons: always working weekends
Customer Service and Client Building

Generate Sales Inside the Business Hub

Generate Outside Sales from Businesses

Responsible for Generating Outside Business Relations

Solution orientated expected to solve and generate sales

Effectively maintaining Targets and Corporate Goals
Very productive and fun Environment.
Manager-Test Automation Development (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 26, 2014
Lots of learning everyday. Great co-workers, Great office location.
Challenging yet rewarding job experience.
sales of mobile and home phones (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJune 25, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work would include checking our work e-mail for price changes, new devices, and quizzes to test out knowledge on our products.
I learned how to multitask, and use my free time wisely to keep myself updated on our latest promos.
I got along very well with my boss, and my co-workers. I really enjoyed working there.
The job was only complicated – more... in the aspect that there is so much information to memorize, and learn. Every day was a learning experience. I was told by many co-workers that you need to work there for more than a year to learn how to deal with every problem that a customer may face.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was meeting new people. – less
Fast paced sales team
Mid Market Business Development - Cloud Solutions (Current Employee), Mississauga ONJune 24, 2014
Pros: large company
Cons: the new campus is too far away for quite a few workers
There are a lot of products that Bell has to offer to business customers and residential customers.
An employee needs to keep up with everything in order to perform well in the Sales department.
At the end of the day, I would say that bell doesn't care about there employees that much.
Cable Repair Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJune 17, 2014
Pros: stock options
Cons: bad management
A day working at bell was more like being a slave to a slave master. I did learn a wealth of knowledge on wiring houses and the fundamentals about how phone service reaches its customers.
Management really needs a lot of improvements for such a big company.
On the most part, my co-workers were great, but there are many of them that only care about themselves – more... and would throw anyone under the bus if it meant they would advance
The hardest part of the job was dealing with bad managers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my hands and solving problems.. – less
Energetic High Paced Work Environment
Team Leader (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 12, 2014
Throughout my time at Bell I have learned how to be an effective Team Leader, in an ever changing face paced environment. I have had amazing leaders, and co-workers.
Productive fun work place with some times mini Golf games
Représentant au service à la clientèle (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJune 11, 2014
Pros: flexibles hours
Cons: working period changing regularly
I am actually working in a productive and fun work place with friendly co-workers.
The management staff sometimes rude with us, but they have to do so for us to be permanently productive and responsible.
The hardest part of the job is solving clients problems, retaining those who want to quit the company to a competitor. In fact it's quit difficult – more... to satisfy every single person on a daily basis.
I mostly enjoy my job when i reach the expectations of management in terms of results; clients satisfactions and problems solves. – less
Great place to work!
Reporting & Data Analyst (Current Employee), 100 Wynford Drive, TorontoJune 6, 2014
Pros: great team environment, proven company leadership
Cons: lack of employee recognition; commute to work
Typical day is:

- Responding to questions for PM or Project lead.
- Closing tickets/queries from internal and external customers via verbal, written and personal communication methods
- Partnering and leading programming teams to deliver essential sales reports to Management.
- Digging through data to understand impacts to the business and communicating – more... methods to improve results and efficiency.

I work on a great team and have a manger that fully supports my PM career path.

Hardest part of my job is trying to please everyone, but I do my best to prioritize to always ensure I meet important deadlines and produce accurate and timely results.

Best part of my job is that everyday is different. I get to use my best skills which is in communications to build great working relationships which helps to solve problems quickly and to work more productively. – less
Great company to work for.. with some nice perks to the job.
Mobile Sales Consultant (Current Employee), North Bay, ONJune 3, 2014
Pros: discount on bell services
Cons: over reacting customer when they break there phones.
-A typical day at work would consist of helping customers with there cell phones such as account issues/ broken phones, activate new cell phone accounts, and sell accesories.

-I learned a different side of sales with my exprience there. more of a service after the sale.

-the management is fair. They worked to give everyone employee the tools to succeed.

- – more... the hardest part of my job would be the down time between customers. It is a very empty store so nothing to clean or shelves to fill.. my other jobs i have always found something to work on.

-overall the whole job was enjoyable. – less
Canada's #1 telecommunications company
Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJune 1, 2014
Pros: no real pro's anymore
Cons: way too much stress, no job security and a huge amount of hypocrisy from upper management
Technology wise, hard to beat
For the past 7 years it has been restructure after restructure after restructure and budget cuts like there is no tomorrow. You are just a number and when your number gets pulled from the hat, you are instantly walked out the door.
Hardest part of the job
Associate Director - SMB Planning and Strategy (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 30, 2014
Long hours with no recognition or appreciation.

In the division I was in there was no upward mobility, not a lot of cultural diversity... very disappointing for a premier Ontario organization.
Great Work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 30, 2014
The job is sales driven. It's a nice place to work.
People works as a team help each other with their sales. Management always helps when there is any issue. It's a very enjoyable work experience.
Enthusiastic and fun work environment!
Customer Service Representative / Management (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 27, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: 12 hour days
I have worked with Bell Canada for 2+ years. I went from a regular agent taking calls 9 hours a day, to a top sales agent making the most monthly sales. Now I am part of a management team who meets with Bell directly weekly, does payroll for my agents. I run a team of 20 agents and constantly coach them to make sure they are succeeding the expectations – more... of Bell. – less

About BELL

Bell Canada, commonly shortened to "Bell", is a major Canadian telecommunications company. Including its subsidiaries – Read more