BELL Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Dynamic organization to work for.
Manager - Infra Plng - Program Management Office (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioApril 13, 2014
Pros: pros of position was working independently, either on site or from home location.
Cons: not being co-located
As part of a close knitt program management team dispearsed between 3 cities it was imperative to be able to work independently.

A typical day would involve working with Network Security clients, coaching through issues and identifying financial gaps.

The team that I worked with were extremely supportive with each of member bringing unique skills to the table, which were readily shared within our team and beyond to our virtual teams.

The hardest part of the job would be juggling 1 director, approximately 10 associate directors and 15 project managers all at different levels of confidence depending on length of time on the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be coaching and seeing people evolve into fully competent managers.
Great place to work with young creative people that kept the work fun and exciting.
Office & Facilities Co-ordinator (Former Employee), 181 Richmond Street, Toronto, OntarioJanuary 10, 2012
Pros: launch parties, bistro, free soft drinks, snacks, taxi chits, christmas parties, lunch/learn, cocktail parties
Cons: 11 president's in five years, creative refocus, downsizing .
When I joined Bell Sympatico the company as a start up internet company with only 5 people and grow to be one of the leader's in internet business today. Sympatico was the best, a fun and exciting place to be. The daily new developments of the internet before going LIVE was everything I dreamed of and the staff grow quickly with young vibrant people all bringing a creative and inspiring vibe to the workplace. The executive team we alive and encouraged everyone to grow and build a brand we could all be proud of and a part of of something new and great. It was one of the best jobs I had the opportunity to be apart of.
Leading all Value-Added Service teams to deliver their projects on time!
Project Control Officer (Current Employee), Dorval, QCAugust 13, 2012
- A typical day includes gathering updates from the 14 open projects and assisting in the planning of upcoming ones.

- This position demands accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to analyse how changes in the plan impact other activities and teams.

- Advanced skills acquired in MS Project and Excel. Weekly reporting and presentation to management on project statuses. Management works very closely with PCOs in process improvement.

- The hardest part of this position is learning to influence change rather than dictate it.

- The most enjoyable part of this position is the satisfaction of seeing a team on track for their project delivery and solving problems efficiently. In turn, this leads to all team-members become more confident about their planning and execution abilities.
Great company to work for. Enjoyed working with peers to resolve customer issues
Technician (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Typical day taking calls from business clients across Canada with technical issues.
Used required company resources and departments to resolve small and high severity issues within time frame of 'Service Level Agreements' . Remotely accessed client's telecom systems to either upgrade, modify or resolve software issues as needed. Dispatched technicians if hardware source of the trouble. Kept detailed records of work related steps to resolve all issues to customers satisfaction.
Hardest part was relying on external vendors to comply with client's 'service level agreements' to resolve issues in a timely manner.
Most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with another satisfied customer and also dealing with assistance of a variety of departments and great people within Bell.
Lovely place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2014
A typical day at work consist of interacting with costumers, making sure they were happy with their service and selling promotions. I learned a few things in the period of time that I was there. I received the experience of working at a call centre, experience with sales and how to deal with over the edge costumers. The management was amazing they were willing to train and help you at anytime you may stumble. Co workers were really friendly and warming and were willing to help out when help was needed. The hardest part about working with Bell would have to be dealing with the angry costumers and trying your best to calm them down and work out the problem. What i loved about working at Bell was working with costumers/people. Working and interacting with new people from all over the world made my days at work wonderful.
Overall a good company
Associate Data Analyst (Former Employee), Wynford Dr, Don Mills, ONJune 24, 2015
Pros: offers great vacation options & group benefits
Cons: downsizing, no challenge
I have held several different positions within the company from an operator to ISIT support to business admin, to process improvement to data analyst. I have emassed a large skill set to handle any new task that I take on. The company although, does not offer job security, certain non sales departments continually downsize and although it may be a necessity, it does not consider the employees that it affects. Long term employment may be a long shot. I have worked for this company for 26 years, and have been downsized out of my position a total of 3 official times. (a 4th time I was just told I was being transferred). I had kept it in my mind that if they downsized me officially for a 3rd time that I would take the package and leave, and this is now what I am doing
Demanding job
Cust Serv Rep/Accts Rec Mgmt (Current Employee), Charlottetown, PEApril 17, 2015
Pros: Wage and co-workers
Cons: Shift work, little room for advancement, employees not valued
A typical day at Bell in a customer service role is quite stressful. There are never days where there is not a problem or an issue that needs immediate attention.There are always calls coming in. The products and services and promotions that are offered change from day to day and are different depending on location and its difficult to keep up with that. A lot of Bell services are outsourced to other parts of the world which makes process alignment very difficult.

My co-workers and my boss are the best part of my day! My boss encourages us to do things to better ourselves even though there is little room for advancement. My co-workers and I are a team and we offer each other support and encouragement every day and it's always needed and welcomed.
A great place to start your career
Senior Associate Director - Channel Development (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 4, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, good benefits, room to grow and learn
Cons: job security not what it used to be, constant mgmt changes keep affecting pace of work, morel fluctuates dramatically
I have been a former Bell employee for over 14 years. I've worked primarily in Operations and Product Marketing.

Work at bell is good as there are flexible hours and the opportunity to grow as an individual. i've worked my way up from a technician to a senior manager and enjoyed most of my roles at bell.

generally, the co-workers are a great bunch of folks to work with. there is always someone with an answer and most folks are willing to help.

hardest part of the job is to understand the company and the culture. it was hard for me to learn the industry lingo, as i grew up speaking bell and acting bell.

overall, good place to work.
Not For Pool Employees
CST-1 Pool (Current Employee), Moncton, NBMay 5, 2014
Pros: you have a job.
Cons: absolute unequal treatment including union support
as a (CST-1 Pool) employee you get nothing That offered to all other employees, such as benefits, Hours, pay scale, opportunities to advance, Consideration or respect for your experience or skills.

you are required to pay monies for Union Dues, Insurance, Special assessment fees... but you are not entitled to receive any of the services you pay for...example: health Insurance (assurance) CST-1 (pool) pay a fee 13.80 monthly to ensure employees get network pricing... but are not eligible at any time to enroll at employee price.

With ALL you are NOT entitled to you are required to do work performance levels equal to or better than those who are "Regular Fulltime" Employees. And at the same time you are always being told you are lesser an employee even by your own management team.
Productive but very stresstful
Project Manager (Former Employee), St.John's, NLSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits, good colleagues
Cons: Expectations
My typical day at Bell involved managing IT projects. I would have to develop project plans (with the assistance of my team members), and then ensure that the tasks are assigned to team members with the right skills and follow through with getting them completed on budget and on time. On a weekly basis develop status reports and make presentation to upper management on its overall progress.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my colleagues who were very supportive in getting the project completed. There was a lot of red tape but again with a company of this size, it was to be expected.

Overall, I enjoyed working at Bell but have to say that it is a very stressful workplace especially with the restructuring that would happen from day to day.
Great team environment, strong relationship culture.
Ontario Government Project Acquisition Management (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioMarch 26, 2013
Pros: project scope and personal relationships developed.
Cons: bureaucratic paper driven organmization.
Paperwork, telephone work, sales acivities.
Learned the importance of communication. Overseeing the interdepartmental and client relationships to deliver technology implementation projects that impacted a large number of internal and external stakeholders.
Co workers were a hard working dedicated group.
Hardest part of the position was managing the divergent relationships necessary to fulfill the project was implemented on time, on budget and all contractual obligations were adhered to.
The most enjoyable was the scope and scale of the projects. The sheer volume of work was a terrific challenge which I thrived on.
Steady Employment, Great pay and benefits, culture lacking
Assoc Director, Business Development (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Good pay, normal working hours, employee discount on services
Cons: Can be cut throat and working hours can be extreme depending on the time of year
After MANY years I decided to leave. Bell treated me so well. I have a great pension and the pay was on par with the going rates in the market. The stoggy Telco culture still persists for the most part although in some areas not so much. Depending on where you work, you could find yourself on the bleeding edge of a changing market with brand new, exciting technology or be stuck in a really stale part of the company where they just want to make sure that the lights are kept on. Consumer/TV/Mobility are kings at Bell, everywhere else not so much.

If looking to leave and join a startup, be prepared for culture shock.
Challenging company to work for
AREA MANAGER (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: continuous challenges, teaches one to excel and offers priceless work experience
Cons: advancement limited, salary non competitive and continuous learning/training program budjet cuts
Bell taught me how to manage complex scenarios. The company ranking in the industry is directly impacted by the customers perception and it makes it a very challenging work environment.

The company offers multiple services and it requires every employee to have an in depth knowledge of every promotion and service offered. The preparation that is required before a shift begins is an essential part of the daily routine.

The hardest part of this job was to change the clients view of the company. My focus was to offer excellent service and ensure client satisfaction every time I offered them service.
Productive, fast paced and always learning new things
System Support Analyst (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: Lots of courses for online training.
Cons: Not enough time in the day
Typical day at work included checking the files of incoming data and prepping, manipulating and updating for financial reports.
On the job I learned how to deal with time management to be more productive.
Management was always encouraging and offering constructive criticism to better production and my own skills.
Co-workers were always professional and keen to group activities.
Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the influx of data everyday but it was a challenge I couldn't handle.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction between internal customers and myself. Sharing information, proofreading, data mining. Very satisfying to investigate and come up with solutions.
Tim Hortons in building. State of Art building
Client Representative for Res/Bus (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: many different fun raisers.
Cons: lunch short
Morning log in to phone and the many different applications that are needed throughout the day. Receive calls from overseas vender regarding telephone problems and web base helping the customers with different usage. Call different departments for information or to past the call regarding example a credit trouble. Do test call backs to the customer. Email other departments for information followups. I update records and contracts for business customers. Also work out of Que the holds 30 or more tickets to correct and advise customers. Send surveys and answer any questions that come in from different departments regarding technical trouble for virtual or telephone troubles for features on lines.
Great atmosphere and pay, poor management
Bell Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor management
When I had started at Bell, I was ecstatic that I would be receiving commission based pay as well as training. It all started out very well and I became the top salesman within the first month. After that I began working as the Bell Team Supervisor and carried out many training exercises as we went through more employees. Everything began to fall apart when the person who is supposed to keep us updated on how our sales are doing constantly sent us feedback up to a month late. This person did this a few times and cost many of the sales staff to lose hundreds of dollars worth of sales. This along with the disorganization of our manager made it very clear that we were wasting our time working under someone who didn't have the proper experience to lead.
Not the best company to work for.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 3, 2015
Cons: Bad management, false incentives.
The location I was employed at did not have very much traffic. There would be only a handful of customers that would come to that location.

Within the few months of working with Bell, I was able to create new accounts independently & service present accounts.

The management was not very thorough with my training, I have only been employed with the company for a month and a half and I was left alone to "manage" the store.

My co-workers were very easy to get along with and they were very helpful when I had any questions or concerns.

The hardest part of my job was trying to complete tasks when I wasn't completely sure of how to do it, because of the lack of training.

The most enjoyable part of working for Bell ( WorldLynx ), would have to be the co-workers.
Bell is an equal opportunity employer.
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 8, 2012
Pros: a great team environment
Cons: days were long.
A typical day at Bell is always very busy, driving to meet timelines. You learn to manage your time wisely to stay within timelines. It provides a unique experience to the private sector environment. The project team which I worked with from the client, project manager,business analysts, and developers were a very dedicated team of professionals, willing to help each other to reach the common goal of deploying the project on time and within cost. The most challenging is project staff were located in three cities, Montreal, Toronto and Ottawa so all conversations were by conference call. It was great to see everyone working together on tight timelines but still able to have a sense of humour at stressful times.
Director (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 20, 2015
Pros: BELL employee achievement contests
Cons: Corporate support with the staff
A typical work day consisted of:
- A staff meeting first thing in the morning to plan the day.
- replying/sending emails regarding account/customer issues.
- following up with requests sent the previous day.
- one on one sit downs with team members during the work day.

I learned how to use my problem solving skills when resolving complex issues with corporate accounts and how to work well within a team, It was easy to be a team player there because the culture at BELL is exactly that, help each other and be professional. This position was a perfect fit for me and I enjoyed utilizing my strengths and learning to improve on my weaknesses, The hardest part of the job would have to the pressure of hitting you targets every quarter.
A great place to network.
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONJune 24, 2015
Pros: benifiets and contests
Cons: Schedualing issues
I enjoyed my job everyday but it lacked managerial competence. I learned to how to effectively advance my knowledge in a area I did not know much about and it was easy to grasp and attain.
My co-workers were fun and supportive. They really made everyone feel comfortable once they walked into the store.
The hardest part was trying to make every customer happy and satisfied. There are circumstances that are beyond our control and depth of our training. I did however made sure they had a answer for all their needs and questions whether the issue was fully resolved at the initial store visit.
The most enjoyable part was the accessibility of growth within the company and they would make sure you had a opportunity to do so.
Employees