BELL

BELL Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great place to network.
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONJune 24, 2015
Pros: benifiets and contests
Cons: Schedualing issues
I enjoyed my job everyday but it lacked managerial competence. I learned to how to effectively advance my knowledge in a area I did not know much about and it was easy to grasp and attain.
My co-workers were fun and supportive. They really made everyone feel comfortable once they walked into the store.
The hardest part was trying to make every customer happy and satisfied. There are circumstances that are beyond our control and depth of our training. I did however made sure they had a answer for all their needs and questions whether the issue was fully resolved at the initial store visit.
The most enjoyable part was the accessibility of growth within the company and they would make sure you had a opportunity to do so.
Director (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 20, 2015
Pros: BELL employee achievement contests
Cons: Corporate support with the staff
A typical work day consisted of:
- A staff meeting first thing in the morning to plan the day.
- replying/sending emails regarding account/customer issues.
- following up with requests sent the previous day.
- one on one sit downs with team members during the work day.

I learned how to use my problem solving skills when resolving complex issues with corporate accounts and how to work well within a team, It was easy to be a team player there because the culture at BELL is exactly that, help each other and be professional. This position was a perfect fit for me and I enjoyed utilizing my strengths and learning to improve on my weaknesses, The hardest part of the job would have to the pressure of hitting you targets every quarter.
Great atmosphere and pay, poor management
Bell Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor management
When I had started at Bell, I was ecstatic that I would be receiving commission based pay as well as training. It all started out very well and I became the top salesman within the first month. After that I began working as the Bell Team Supervisor and carried out many training exercises as we went through more employees. Everything began to fall apart when the person who is supposed to keep us updated on how our sales are doing constantly sent us feedback up to a month late. This person did this a few times and cost many of the sales staff to lose hundreds of dollars worth of sales. This along with the disorganization of our manager made it very clear that we were wasting our time working under someone who didn't have the proper experience to lead.
Excellent company to work for and be a part of for over 15 years
Account Manager for Bell (Former Employee), Verdun, QCJanuary 5, 2015
My work experience at Bell has given me an opportunity to expand my knowledge not only in the telecommunications industry but I have aquired skills such as excellent sales, leadership, project management, territory management, RFP'S, knowing both the private and public sector of our customers, team building, besides the many private courses given to further expand and continuously be up to date with the IT industry, sales, team management, time management etc..
My Customer relationships have permitted me to expand our portfolio. My co-workers and some clients have been a part of my network.
The rapid growth and conitunous change in the industry had been the most challenging during my career, however it has also permitted me to actively adapt to change and always focus on rebuilding and achieveing new goals, and this with continued success.
Challenging yet rewarding job experience.
sales of mobile and home phones (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJune 25, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work would include checking our work e-mail for price changes, new devices, and quizzes to test out knowledge on our products.
I learned how to multitask, and use my free time wisely to keep myself updated on our latest promos.
I got along very well with my boss, and my co-workers. I really enjoyed working there.
The job was only complicated in the aspect that there is so much information to memorize, and learn. Every day was a learning experience. I was told by many co-workers that you need to work there for more than a year to learn how to deal with every problem that a customer may face.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was meeting new people.
A great place to start your career
Senior Associate Director - Channel Development (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 4, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, good benefits, room to grow and learn
Cons: job security not what it used to be, constant mgmt changes keep affecting pace of work, morel fluctuates dramatically
I have been a former Bell employee for over 14 years. I've worked primarily in Operations and Product Marketing.

Work at bell is good as there are flexible hours and the opportunity to grow as an individual. i've worked my way up from a technician to a senior manager and enjoyed most of my roles at bell.

generally, the co-workers are a great bunch of folks to work with. there is always someone with an answer and most folks are willing to help.

hardest part of the job is to understand the company and the culture. it was hard for me to learn the industry lingo, as i grew up speaking bell and acting bell.

overall, good place to work.
this was a fast passed continually changing work place which made it fun
Sales Associate, Bell (Former Employee), Huntsville, ONJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: fun product, good pay, the chance to help customers
Always learning and changing, I would say that this work place challenged me but in a good way I was never bored or lacked something to do. I also improved my sales ability tenfold. I was from being a friendly greeter who knew how to demo a product to someone who fully understands selling. I learned to match products and services to the customer and actually listen to what they wanted. I know that constant growth and learning is something I enjoy in a workplace now for when I started at Bell I didn't even own a cell phone and now I can master reset them teach you how to use then and set of your I cloud when needed.
Dealing with alot of Problems
Sales Associate/Manager (Former Employee), Brantford, ONMay 28, 2012
Pros: great employees, bonuses for hitting targets, good deals on phones with no phone bills
Cons: long hours, constantly being treats as its your fault for a bill problem, not being able to help more
This was a great job. I really did enjoy working for the company and pushing yourself to see what kinda sales you could exceed for the month.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who came in about complaints about their account, things they were promised over the phone and bill mistakes. We at the store level were not given the authority to deal with things like this so sometimes we would have 2-3 customers at our counter at a time either on the phone setting up a contact or looking for repairs and information.
Long hours, very demanding targets to achieve
Operations Manager (Former Employee), OntarioMay 13, 2012
Pros: company vehicle use, benefits and salary
Cons: tough to motivate unionized workforce, long and demanding flexibility in hours.
Long hours,Very demanding mornings with organizing and staff requirement,Urban setting very different then Rural settings to meet and exceed targets,Co-Workers are a great bunch of Team Players that understand and help out with demands that are set forth,Upper management are concentrated on big city forecasts and demands,Middle management are overworked and too busy to perform all of there duties to help coach and drive home better results with there staff,Very enjoyable being in the front line to deal with and learn customers needs and wants in a very progressive new technology environment,Difficult to implement new ideas or try and change procedures to reduce roadblocks that may cause better efficiency targets and results.
Bell is an equal opportunity employer.
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 8, 2012
Pros: a great team environment
Cons: days were long.
A typical day at Bell is always very busy, driving to meet timelines. You learn to manage your time wisely to stay within timelines. It provides a unique experience to the private sector environment. The project team which I worked with from the client, project manager,business analysts, and developers were a very dedicated team of professionals, willing to help each other to reach the common goal of deploying the project on time and within cost. The most challenging is project staff were located in three cities, Montreal, Toronto and Ottawa so all conversations were by conference call. It was great to see everyone working together on tight timelines but still able to have a sense of humour at stressful times.
Great workplace as I was a full time teleworker for many years.
Manager - Strategic Market and Customer Analysis (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 12, 2013
Pros: flexibility of hours
Cons: heavy workload
Currently retired. Typical day at work would have been to work on client requests. No two requests were alike but they all required extracting customer data from various sources/databases, compiling the data and then providing the analysis behind my findings. Information was required quickly in order to serve our customers by being proactive. My group of co-workers were always willing to help and assist when needed. The hardest part of the job was the stringent timelines to turnaround requests. The most enjoyable part of the job was the recognition from my internal customers where it be the marketing, finance or sales teams.
Very challenging and requires flexibility
Bell Sales Representative and Customer services (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2015
Pros: fantastic work culture
Cons: unstable market
I had great managers and learnt different methods of management skills and how to develop productivity between team members and motivate them to be proactive towards their responsibilities.

I learnt how to be more flexible and be more customer focus and pay attention to their needs and the better knowledge about company strategy, cultures and products the more confident I will towards client demands.

I had fantastic work experience with my co-workers and develop more sales and negotiation skills .

The hardest part of this position was when the product discontinue or have some limitation and the customer is enquired about it, so I should follow up the request and liaise between customer and company.

The fun part of it was to learn between different devices and gain more knowledge about different product and introduce them to customers and turn them to potential clients.
Professional Environment
Solution Consultant (Current Employee), CanadaSeptember 20, 2014
― Designed and Deployed CUCM 8.6(2) platform in pre production environment and applied the same in Production multicluster environment
― Designed and Deployed SAF gateway for DID advertisement
― Deployed Centralized gateways for Inbound and Outbound Contact Center call flow
― Deployment Local gateways for Direct (DIDs) and Emergency call solutions
― Integrated Genesys SIP Servers with Centralized gateways and CUCM through SIP trunks
― Integrated Genesys T-Server with CUCM over JTAPI/CTI redundant links
― Integrated Verint Call Recording Solution with CUCM over redundant SIP trunks
― Integrated Aspect and Avaya Dialer using SIP trunk and PRI/T1 solutions
― Integrated Unity Connection Servers with CUCM using skinny protocol
― Designed, Documented and Conducted Unit, Integration and End to End Testing for each component of RBC IPCC Project
― SIP Optimization to remove hair pinning from Centralized gateways in IPCC Contact Center environments.
― Escalated support for a high Severity problems as bank and isolating fault for a multivendor environments
Great company to work for.. with some nice perks to the job.
Mobile Sales Consultant (Current Employee), North Bay, ONJune 3, 2014
Pros: discount on bell services
Cons: over reacting customer when they break there phones.
-A typical day at work would consist of helping customers with there cell phones such as account issues/ broken phones, activate new cell phone accounts, and sell accesories.

-I learned a different side of sales with my exprience there. more of a service after the sale.

-the management is fair. They worked to give everyone employee the tools to succeed.

- the hardest part of my job would be the down time between customers. It is a very empty store so nothing to clean or shelves to fill.. my other jobs i have always found something to work on.

-overall the whole job was enjoyable.
Leading all Value-Added Service teams to deliver their projects on time!
Project Control Officer (Current Employee), Dorval, QCAugust 13, 2012
- A typical day includes gathering updates from the 14 open projects and assisting in the planning of upcoming ones.

- This position demands accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to analyse how changes in the plan impact other activities and teams.

- Advanced skills acquired in MS Project and Excel. Weekly reporting and presentation to management on project statuses. Management works very closely with PCOs in process improvement.

- The hardest part of this position is learning to influence change rather than dictate it.

- The most enjoyable part of this position is the satisfaction of seeing a team on track for their project delivery and solving problems efficiently. In turn, this leads to all team-members become more confident about their planning and execution abilities.
Great place to work with young creative people that kept the work fun and exciting.
Office & Facilities Co-ordinator (Former Employee), 181 Richmond Street, Toronto, OntarioJanuary 10, 2012
Pros: launch parties, bistro, free soft drinks, snacks, taxi chits, christmas parties, lunch/learn, cocktail parties
Cons: 11 president's in five years, creative refocus, downsizing .
When I joined Bell Sympatico the company as a start up internet company with only 5 people and grow to be one of the leader's in internet business today. Sympatico was the best, a fun and exciting place to be. The daily new developments of the internet before going LIVE was everything I dreamed of and the staff grow quickly with young vibrant people all bringing a creative and inspiring vibe to the workplace. The executive team we alive and encouraged everyone to grow and build a brand we could all be proud of and a part of of something new and great. It was one of the best jobs I had the opportunity to be apart of.
Productive, fast paced and always learning new things
System Support Analyst (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: Lots of courses for online training.
Cons: Not enough time in the day
Typical day at work included checking the files of incoming data and prepping, manipulating and updating for financial reports.
On the job I learned how to deal with time management to be more productive.
Management was always encouraging and offering constructive criticism to better production and my own skills.
Co-workers were always professional and keen to group activities.
Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the influx of data everyday but it was a challenge I couldn't handle.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction between internal customers and myself. Sharing information, proofreading, data mining. Very satisfying to investigate and come up with solutions.
Fast paced job, very customer driven.
Consumer Service Technician (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJuly 17, 2013
Pros: 6 days off
Cons: 8 10 hour shifts away from family.
a typical day at work is reading your jobs from a laptop, calling your customers, giving them an estimated time on your arrival. Hooking up their Fibre-Op services/ repairing existing service. Management is always 1 call away if you need answers to questions, I don't see too many of my co-workers. The hardest part of my job would be, not being able to give the customer what they thought they were getting. (Meeting customer expectations). However, the best part of my job is leaving a customer who is happy and truly grateful for the work you did for them.
great job to advance within various sectors of Bell
Residential Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 11, 2012
Pros: annual raises, union, and lot of site events for the employees
Cons: adherance factor
A typical day at work was very busy with new business, existing customers within ontario and quebec customers that only want to speak with english representatives. I have learned to be versatile and multi task and prioritze quickly. Co-workers and management were always there to assist and promote employees with positive attitudes. The hardest party of the job was ensuring that you were always logging onto your computer and phone, not a minute too early or late. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with various customers and problem solving...no two customers were ever alike.
Technical Support
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 7, 2015
Not a good place to work no understanding of work life balance. If you have low seniority you're always at the bottom and never get morning shifts or weekends off. Vacation booking is done 1 year ahead. I was never able to take vacation in the summer or during christmas. You only have 2 paid sick days and anytime after that you need to bring a doctors note each time and they always want to sit down and talk about attendance and give you warning even though it's not a pattern.they're always on your back for your KPI's there's someone walking and asking if everything is ok within 10 minutes of your call.
Employees