BELL Employee Reviews in Canada

Challenging workplace and co-operative teammates
Mobile Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 23, 2015
Looking to grow within the company if opportunity strikes matching my experience and performance. Great benefits and advantages to know modern technology in day-to-day life
unethical employment practices, horrible leadership, Stay AWAY!!!
Human Resources officer (Former Employee) –  MontrealOctober 9, 2015
The worst company I have ever worked for. I worked regularly until 9:00 pm every night. They fire people who take parental leave or CSST (disguised layoffs). They do not trust employees to work from home and monitor your every move in the building to make sure you are working. A culture of incompetence and job protection. Many People with long service and no education who are incompetent and over paid and work against improvements or innovations. Leadership is tossed around to fill holes in positions and really do not understand their jobs...scary!!!
Pros
Cons
company culture, Long hours, management, illegal/unethical employment practices
Great place to work with minimal job requirements
Billing Analyst/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 16, 2016
If you decided not to pursue post secondary education and have no other passion/opportunity to pursue, then this is a great job. The bonuses can be good enough plus the base pay was $12.5 (circa 2016).

This job will teach you some important sales/persuasion skills which can be used in many other scenarios/settings, additionally, you will have considerably improved communication and small talk skills if you do the job right. Everyone is really friendly and the work environment is great. Management is superb! Doesn't get any better if you ask me.

The hardest part is the repetitiveness. I couldn't stand it after some time. But that was also the best part because some days I was half asleep and I could literally be fantasizing about my upcoming vacation and still complete the job with no trouble.
Pros
Bonuses just do what they teach you
Cons
Random hours you won't always have the weekend off.
Worked there 34.5 years it was a great place to work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bell, ONMarch 16, 2016
Started early, worked late.Had the opportunity to work on many interesting projects and teams.
I learned so much about telecom, IT, managing projects, teams, clients and vendors.
Management was good at times and not so good with certain managers.
Co-workers on the whole were great, friendly, helpful and I still keep in contact with many.
No training, not enough resources, no pay for all the hundreds of hours of worked evenings, weekends and holidays and cancelled vacations.
Team comradery and working on neat Telecom and IT technologies as well as intersting clients and there unique environments AND the
Pros
People, opportunities, 201 Olympics
Cons
Many unpaid hours
Productive, fast paced and always learning new things
System Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Typical day at work included checking the files of incoming data and prepping, manipulating and updating for financial reports.
On the job I learned how to deal with time management to be more productive.
Management was always encouraging and offering constructive criticism to better production and my own skills.
Co-workers were always professional and keen to group activities.
Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the influx of data everyday but it was a challenge I couldn't handle.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction between internal customers and myself. Sharing information, proofreading, data mining. Very satisfying to investigate and come up with solutions.
Pros
Lots of courses for online training.
Cons
Not enough time in the day
Excellent work environment.... challenging workload!!!!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 15, 2016
It was great to know how Bell Contract Administration Group worked. Have enjoyed the team work as well as working with the Subcontractors. Have learned a lot regarding the different tools and applications as well as all the training done. It prepared us all well for the mission we had in front of us.
The challenge we had made us work hard to reduce the number of WIP projects, and concentrate better in the existing ones to be able to overcome the issues and also helped the subcontractors to close them all well.
Pros
Tools and work environment
Cons
No so much things....
easy job
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONOctober 10, 2015
easy job with good benefits just horrible to climb tall polls alone in the rural with no supervision. Not the safest job.
Pros
easy
Cons
work holidays and always outside.
Some room for advancement - very high stress position
Field Operations Manager - Crew of 25 Technicians (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ONOctober 20, 2015
Although I was with Bell Technical solutions for almost 20 years and worked my way up the proverbial ladder they are more concerned about the "Needs of the Business" rather than the individual and what you can or have done for them. Everyone is a number. I did enjoy working for the company but found in the last few years that the work/life balance had changed dramatically.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Little appreciation for the amount of hours you must put in, to accomplish the tasks related to your position.
Incredible learning experience and development of teamwork skills
Network Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day at work involved working with my team and coding SQL to help facilitate the jobs of my peers. I learnt incredible teamwork and computer coding skills. I had a boss that lived in a different city, which allowed me to develop more independence. My management and coworkers were all very intelligent people that I learned a great deal from. The hardest part of the job was teaching myself a new computer language, and the most enjoyable part was being able to be part of a hard-working close-knit team.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Long distance
nice workplace with many workers in a call centre setup
Direct Marketing Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 4, 2016
This is a workplace with several agents working as customer service reps in an inbound call center. Targets are set for sales and saves (when a customer calling to cancel a service is saved). Targets change every month. Emphasis has now gone to selling through assertive and aggressive means to ensure set targets are met. Workers are working in low spirits due to the often unrealistic constantly changing targets. Management at the center fall low in the hierarchy and only follow orders from the headquarters. There is a disconnect between agents, team leaders and management. The good thing is that there exists a jovial camaraderie among the agents on the phone
Pros
good bonus for sales and benefits including Employee Savings Plan for buying shares at Bell
Cons
general unrealistic sales targets
Productive & great place to work
Global Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Verdun, QCSeptember 1, 2015
Productive and great place to learn and advance. Great benefits.
Positive team members. Wonderful environment.

Very autonomous. But can seek help when required.

Safe & clean building.
Pros
Amenities at the super campus
Bell - Pride to be part of the company
DMA Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 14, 2016
I usually start my job at 9.30, excellent place to work especially when we resolve customer issues the appreciation we get from customers. It is premier telecom company with the latest technology called Fibe which is reliable & eliminates interruptions.
We have great team members to help us in times of difficulty especially in situation where in a customer service has been disconnected due to technical issues, talking to various departments to get the issue resolved and make sure his basic services are running so that he has access to at-least 911 services in case of any emergencies.
we have numerous summer events like barbecue get-togethers, mental health awareness programs, walk to promote various issues relating to kids etc
Very supportive, comfortable working atmosphere and very good staff to work with.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, ONMarch 20, 2016
Everyday you do your best to assist customers with closing the right Bell services to help meet their media needs. I have improved my sales techniques, product and industry knowledge. With my customer service skills and confidence growing each day. I enjoy the job more due to my friendly coworkers, they help give support and answers when dealing with unique situations. The hardest part of the job is not being able to satisfy every customer, sometimes we can work with every situation and I wish I could always do more for the customers. The best part about the job is meeting new people, educating customers with technology to help them stay connected and up to date.
Pros
Latest technology
Cons
Not enough hours
No benefits, no management supports, treated like a nobody if no sales made
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 4, 2016
So you train for 1 week and get treated really nice, new iphone and all the information you can retain. Learning new sales skills and getting loads of information on competitors.

You are sent in the field with a list that has already been exhausted. Dont go in the high rise building, you cannot solicit and will be thrown out by the property manager. Most private residents are not interested in what you have to say and you have to really work hard to get a sale. All the while your team lead/ sales manager is calling you every evening to get information on your sales for the day. If you do not do well; you are made to feel like a FAILURE AND GIVEN A WARNING.

No respect for their fellow colleagues and a horrible position to work in. You are better office working a regular 9-5 or getting an office job in Bell or somewhere else. Can you tell I was traumatized by this experience....
Pros
Cons
too many to name
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 12, 2016
Constant changes in pricing and poor customer service from the call centre makes things difficult at times to help customers. Need to assist all customers with issues/complaints as well as tech support. co-workers are great and management Is always trying to help you succeed within the business through coaching sessions and positive words of encouragement. The hardest part of the job is the high targets. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to tackle new situations and finding creative solutions while building strong rapport with your customers.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
High targets, irate customers and part time hours
Constant change in work environment
SALES SUPPORT BELL CANADA (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 13, 2015
The day to day job was challenging, every day was different. We had numbers to meet for quality, productivity and of course meeting the customers needs. The best part was the challenge of the work, it was never boring and always something new to learn. The people also were a great group and that helped make a particularly difficult day fun.
The most difficult part of the job was having to tell a customer that we would not be able to provide them with what we had promised for various reasons, trees in the way, no product available to their premise or worse we missed their due date because of an error on the order, and then scrambled to get them back in service.
I really loved my job, I hated the commute once the 407 construction started and the drive was taking up no less then three hours of my time a day. That is the main reason I opted to take early retirement.
Management at Bell as in all companies there are good and there are great, I was lucky to have many great managers along the way I learned so much about people and the small things that make a group work well together. I learned about different cultures and how to get along with everyone, and I especially learned how to be my best which is truly the sign of a great manager.
Pros
Up to date equipment, excellent training, recognition partys, work life balance
Cons
the commute, very strict about tardiness (2 minutes is actionable)
Tim Hortons in building. State of Art building
Client Representative for Res/Bus (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Morning log in to phone and the many different applications that are needed throughout the day. Receive calls from overseas vender regarding telephone problems and web base helping the customers with different usage. Call different departments for information or to past the call regarding example a credit trouble. Do test call backs to the customer. Email other departments for information followups. I update records and contracts for business customers. Also work out of Que the holds 30 or more tickets to correct and advise customers. Send surveys and answer any questions that come in from different departments regarding technical trouble for virtual or telephone troubles for features on lines.
Pros
many different fun raisers.
Cons
lunch short
Very Relaxed and Fun Office Environment
Outside Field Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bell, ONSeptember 30, 2015
Working at Bell was probably one of my best experiences as a field sales representative - the people there were very friendly and chill. The pay was ok, for example, minimum wage + monthly car allowance + commission. The way the commission was structured was definitely for the benefit of the company. It was tier based commission. I.E. IF you get this many activation in a week, you get this much commission - you can also stack commission from previous week sales to the following week if you were smart about it. Incentives were ok, too. Incentives happen every month but are very random. They always have incentives for holidays, and it's very lucrative but restrictive, too. Having a proper sales funnel was the most difficult part of the job. Some great things about working here is that you get a working iPhone 4, 4S, or 5c, you get branded clothing, and an ID badge to work in the field. The cafeteria at the head office was nice - pool table, FIBE TV lounges, Jitz (Foozball), Table Hockey, etc. A lot of nice looking ladies, too - another great benefit ^.^

Management, though, is all over the place - for my team, our manager was barely there. During my experience at Bell, I had 4 different managers for our team within 8 months, which is INSANE. There is so much red tape involving what we can or cannot do as a field sales rep - for example, we CANNOT post promotions or deals online about what Bell is providing atm. The politics and legal policies there is INSANE because Bell is a huge company after all (3rd most known company in Canada - 135 years in the making).

My co-workers
  more... were awesome, fun to be around and to work with as well. Very intelligent individuals. I would also heed that avoid those co-workers who are negative and don't do their work - it can be infectious so avoid them at all costs. Door-to-Door sales is extremely difficult, and only for those who CHOOSE to be in it and willing to go through all the difficulties and obstacles of it.

I learned a lot about myself while I was working for Bell as a Field Sales Representative, for example, I noticed myself being too dependent on other people just to get work done. I literally had to force myself to separate from the group and work on my own for a month. But that was my own issue I had to deal with and I did. Emotionally, the job was difficult, but you get better and better as LONG as you're willing to learn and grow through the job. My biggest learning experience was that if you focus on the results you won't produce any, but if you are driven by results and focus on the process (enjoy selling, talking to people, building relationships) there is no limit to your potential in sales.
Pros
Monthly allowance for Transportation, Great office environment, Flexible work hours, Base Salary + Commission for Security
Cons
Corporate Politics, Sales Restrictions, Management, Difficult to Earn High Tier Commissions
Good job for summer but very hard in winter
Technician (Former Employee) –  MarkhamJune 14, 2015
The job is extremely hard during winter time as most of your work will be outside fixing cables or hooking up cables in the boxes in the worst winter conditions. Very unfair management and salary is not that good for a job this hard. Not happy with the job at all overall.
Pros
Good job for summer
Cons
very hard job during winter
Fun place to Work!
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 10, 2015
I enjoy my career. Flexible hours and great team environment, however, management is lacking in a big way and there are no benefits.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Bad Management