BELL

BELL Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Bell Canada
Sales Representative/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 23, 2015
Pros: good pay, flexible hours, good environment
Cons: hard to get people to cover shifts
A typical day at work was just answering calls and assisting customers of acquiring new Bell services. I learned the how to speak with customers on the phone and help them gain the best experience at Bell. The hardest part of the job is the competition amongst the employees as we are all trying to be the best sales representative.
great place to work - always meeting new people internally and externally
Vice President/Executive office associate (Former Employee), Toronto and MissisaugaMarch 23, 2015
Pros: hearing a customer say thank you so much
My job provided me with tremendous continual training in all areas of the business. As telecommunication changes almost every hour I was being trained on how to handle any situation that presented itself to me. Through years of training one learns to Think, Talk, Type. Listening to the customers and providing the best solution for their needs. Resolving customer concerns. I learned how to Time Manage my day and my Manager was fantastic, available at all times. The hardest part of the job on occasion were long detailed documents. The most enjoyable part was helping my customers with a winning resolution for both them and the company. I loved getting problems and finding solutions. I loved taking on new jobs and working with internal and external customers. Always open and ready to learn other areas of the business.
productive and competitive growth
Residential Sales (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2015
Each day is different since you are dealing with different customers. Get to speak to various kinds and learned to be patient. very competitive with internal and external agents
Productive and fun workplace.
Direct Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bell, ONMarch 19, 2015
I am very passionate about sales and that's what i loved to do for bell canada. The management was very good and supportive and co workers were very friendly. Definitely a good place to work with.
...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brantford, ONMarch 19, 2015
Did not enjoy working for Bell at all. They are more concerned with numbers than they are with treating employees like human beings. There were times when I felt like I should just introduce myself as a drone.
family like fast paced environment constant changes
BRS (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great management, fast paced environment, learning new skills
Cons: schedule keeps changing, no work life balance, finish work at 9 pm and have to be at work 8 am next day
Started of at 50 eglinton at the dmc were the compensation and environment was great. Moved to 100 borough drive to BRS , from there everything went down hill. . Management is wonderful and is willing to help you out with work or none work related issues. A normal day is arrive 20 mins early because the computer takes about 10 to load. Sales targets are unrealistic certain months because the calls get routed incorrect and there is nothing you can do for a customer unless he wants brand new services. Company rather pays less and gets garbage customer experience with 3rd parties then keep ur internal employees with at least 3 years of experience in bell who provide quality customer experience.

The sales director don't care about his workers they all just numbers.
If Bell was the same like 5 years ago when I first started I'd probably still stay. I'm sad to leave because from management to front line agents everyone was like a family.
Oppurtunity to sell over the phone
Customer Service Representative/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2015
Selling skills helped me a lot in this role though it was first time over the phone but it was challenging but the ability to communicate the plans and strategy of the sales clearly and in understandable manner helped to get more and more sales.
Great coworkers, early hours
Logistic Attendant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 12, 2015
The job started at 5am, the first 3hrs were very hectic, after that the job consisted of restocking supplies, managing fleet, taking vans to the shop for repairs, then there was shipping and receiving, plenty of paper work. Enough work for ten people even though we mostly only had four.
Enjoyable and Room For Advancement
Technician (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2015
Working 6 years as a technician in Bell, I ve for the most part appreciated my time with them. I ve learned many skills that i believe are transferrable and will only benefit me down the road.
good environment for perks and tools to work
Solution Architect (Contract) (Former Employee), Bell, ONMarch 9, 2015
good environment for perks and tools to work to get the job done.

office environment very professional. Support environment fairly good
Productive, educational, fast paced
Telecom Dispatcher Coordinator (Former Employee), OttawaMarch 6, 2015
Build new terminals into client files when required. Assisting technicians when requiring new feeder or distribution cables to provide phone service. Active member on both the Information Sharing and Conditions Effectiveness Committees. Sell and arrange for training on new systems for new and existing customers. Designed and introduced an Attendance Incentive Program. Researched and interviewed External Suppliers for new Equipment and was responsible for making purchasing decisions.
Recommend process improvements to improve efficiency and ensure approved changes were carried out. Experience in Preparing and Presenting Presentations/Proposals to District level and helping implement regional web pages. Union representative for the local voting unit.

Management was supportive in development and opportunities.

Hardest part was once learned position and maintained it for awhile, always had to look for another position to have the opportunity to learn more and develop.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the location and the people I worked with.
Gained a lot of valuable knowledge
Telephone Installation & Repair Technician (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 5, 2015
Bell was an interesting place to work and it felt great to fix and repair
peoples services. Just like solving puzzles except more rewarding.
Highly interactive and socially rich
Salesman for Bell Fibe (Former Employee), Bell, ONMarch 5, 2015
Pros: commision
Cons: extra hours
This job was really exciting and socially rich. It pushed me to talk to a lot of people. My co-workers were really supportive and were always available just by a phone call. One of my co-worker actually took time out of his job to train me. Hardest part of the job was the additional hours i had to put in to call and convince numerous people. However i got to meet a lot of people and enjoyed healthy conversations with them
Bell has a amazing work oriented environment, a atmosphere where every day is like a learning curve, and i did the exact from my seniors.
Solutions Consultant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 4, 2015
Bell has a great culture when it comes to treating their employees, all managers are work focused oriented. Management always motivate and work with their employees on each and every steps and makes sure we achieve our goal. its a great learning environment.
long hours with one day off
Bell Technician (Former Employee), bramptonMarch 3, 2015
Pros: work on your own
Cons: long hours no days off
great training and learning experience,
no management on site support,many system failures and delays
hardest part working is in winter time and in disgust of messy peoples homes.
Horrible
Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Bell Technical Solutions is a horrible work place, if you are considering applying for this job think again. At the orientation the staff promote BTS as the BEST place to work with optimal growth-LIES. During the training the awful, negative and useless staff constantly provoke you to quit and tell you that working for BTS is a trap. Nothing positive about this company from my experience.
Activations! Activations!
Advisor and Consultant for Small Medium Business (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 1, 2015
Pros: discounts at partners like the source
Cons: heavy pressure to sell!
Very sales based environment!
Everyone is focused at themselves and when help is needed, most staff wants something in return.
One the best company to start
Telecommunications Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Bell, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: travelling, lunch, dinner everything paid by company
Cons: sometime long hours
I got very good knowledge and multinational experience.I enjoy a lot in my work and at a same time I perform the best.Always respect ful.
Overworked/Underappreciated
Field Technician (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Forced to work overtime for over two years. No weekends, little commendation for effort put in. No work/life balance, and no appreciation. Constantly expected to perform new/extra duties with no extra compensation. Union.
Tim Hortons in building. State of Art building
Client Representative for Res/Bus (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: many different fun raisers.
Cons: lunch short
Morning log in to phone and the many different applications that are needed throughout the day. Receive calls from overseas vender regarding telephone problems and web base helping the customers with different usage. Call different departments for information or to past the call regarding example a credit trouble. Do test call backs to the customer. Email other departments for information followups. I update records and contracts for business customers. Also work out of Que the holds 30 or more tickets to correct and advise customers. Send surveys and answer any questions that come in from different departments regarding technical trouble for virtual or telephone troubles for features on lines.

About BELL

Bell Canada, commonly shortened to "Bell", is a major Canadian telecommunications company. Including its subsidiaries – Read more