BELL Employee Reviews

fast paced and competitive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham Ontario4 November 2016
I answered the phone and tried to answer any questions customers had with their phone bills. We took care of all errors or changes to phone bills as well as handled all the moving of telephones, installations and disconnections.
I also collected delinquent phone bills and we had to disconnect overdue accounts as well as try and collect previously disconnected accounts. This was all for residential customers.
Our job was to be the voice of Bell Canada
Pros
learned a lot of customer service skills
Cons
sales very competitive, often dealt with disgruntled customers
No work life balance
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
Be prepared to work 6/7 days week. Banked hours are guaranteed honoured 30 days in advance. Contract has a lot of loopholes that Bell exploits. Days are unrealistically packed with work.

Managers and co workers are awesome and helpful.
Pros
mangers and coworkers
Cons
no work life balance, hard to take days off, no rest, other dept not helpful
It was productive, learnt new skills and there was opportunities for growth.
Technical Support Specialist Level2 (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
Bell Canada is a large organization and has lot of opportunites in Internet, Tv and phone industry. I joined bell in a tech support team but gradually learned more skills, and moved to higher level support team where i was able to support the customer and clients for their, tv, Internet or phone issues. I learnt about fiber optic technology, and started to work in fibe tv and internet dept, and helped customer for their Internet, phone or tv inquiries. I worked 10+ years in Bell but bell shifted their support office to offshore companies and we all the team members were laid off from the bell service.
Pros
free coffe and tea, some time free lunch on holidays work
Cons
I was working 37.5 hrs in a week, and there was some over time available
Good working experience
IP Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 October 2016
Management and co workers are very helpful and they do understand the need of employees. I would recommend this company as this is one of the best because its still saved from outsourcing IT jobs out of Canada. All credit good to management because they do care about quality and Canadian job market.

Join me: Stop buying from the companies who outsource jobs out of Canada and appreciate the one who care about Canadian.
Productive, fun workplace great amenities, and great employees
Project Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2016
- Great work environment for 8 hour work days
- I've learned a lot about the company
- toughest part in the job may be producing numbers but no issue so far
- most enjoyable part of the job, coming in to great people, with a fantastic work environment and great work
An alright place to work sometimes
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2016
To many unrealistic rules with kpi standards and metric's to follow without really focusing on the fact that you can really do the job to please the customer and made the customer satisfied. From 2012 that's when it started to go downhill and you really started to notice change that was not for the better but for the worse.
Pros
Own work station's
Cons
KPI's
Bell Canada Third Party
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  victoria park and esna park20 September 2016
Bell Canada was a third party office offering sales of products through a call center environment. I learned how to be organized with customers, meeting there satisfaction to the most, 100 calls a day. The hardest part about the job was it being far for travel with high school. The most enjoyable part was it being an office environment, and very comfortable, and excellent staff.
Cons
company relocated further, and was to long to travel with highschool
Fun Place
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 November 2016
Bell is a very fun place to work at since I get to communicate with other employers and become friends with them. I get to help agents reset or give them access to 90 aps that Bell provides. The work load can be fast paced but sometimes it can be slow as well.
Pros
Interacting with my colleages.
Cons
Too much idling in the afternoon.
Productive and great workplace
B2B Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 January 2017
Daily interactions with great people. Awesome work environment, lots of positive energy and great culture to work in. Did B2B sales daily interacting with business owners. I love customer service so this was a great job. Very independent work
Pros
Great people
Cons
all commission
Bell
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carbonear, NL22 November 2016
My typical day at Bell would consist of a lot of competition with fellow co workers for commission. Customers were great to see coming into the store. Always learned something new with working at bell, taking on new training with new products. couldn't ask for better management when I was there.
Ever Changing and good problem solving abilities
Field Technician/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2017
This is an environment to help build and test your communication skills as well problem solving skills. Independent working with a great support team of managers and support call centre to make the customer experience better.
Great place to build a career
Senior Project Manager/Managing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 January 2017
Great company to build an interesting and lasting career. Great opportunities to work in various business units for broader understanding of the industry
Pros
Flexible wok schedule
Cons
Long hour, high intensity, pressure anc challenge
Productive and Rewarding Work Enviornment
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2017
A typical day involves promoting safety which involves demonstrating safe driving practices and using all PPE. Working professionally in installing and repairing all BELL services. Workplace involves a lot of problem solving skills, working under pressure, teamwork, being honest and discipline and energetic. We have a very supportive and reliable management team who constantly communicate with technicians to ensure their safety and also if any potential difficulty in doing the job. The hardest part of the job is maintaining a proper and healthy family/ work life balance. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of this job, being a level5 technician, is see the sense of satisfaction, relief , happiness resulting with smiles on the customers' faces after solving a prolong issue they were having.
Pros
Interactive, Room for advancement, Every job is unique
Cons
unhealthy family/ work life balance
Productive and interesting job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 September 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was the party at the end of the year with all employees. I learned the best way to sell services, my co-workers were so friendly. the hardest part of the job was when the system was down, we used to take notes of each call and do the report once the system was restored. There used to be a lot of change in management.
Pros
Free Pizza most of Fridays
Cons
stay long time on the last call at the end of the shift
great workplace environment
Express-vu Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Don Mills, ON9 February 2017
it was a pleasure working with bell it is a very friendly and comfortable atmosphere management is also very helpful
bell tried us good so doing the job was pretty easy i didn't have any problems understanding my duties and performing them
Fast pace environement
Account Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 February 2017
Great benefits and schedule flexibility. Opportunity for advancement in many department, clean offices. Had the opportunity for apprenticeship with a grant. Salary is good for what is offered elsewhere in this industry.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Late hours
Good people, great place to work.
Sales Representative - Enterprise SWAT Team (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2016
Penetrate enterprise accounts that were previously assigned and could not be penetrated (80% success rate). I learned there is opportunity in every account, if you dig deep enough. Always up for a challenge. Good employees creating a high close ratio team environment.
Pros
winning
Cons
driving in traffic
great company, values your contributions
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 February 2017
Have worked for them for quite a few years and always had support and felt valued as a member of the team even from the executive level. Awesome opportunity for commissions.
Pros
great commission structure
Cons
have to work holidays and weekends
Fuan and productive
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 October 2016
It was really fun working at Bell as I learned the closing techniques at this job. I am always thankful to have been able to master my sales abilities with customers while providing them the telephone services. It was a great challenge and i loved it. But it didn't last long.
Pros
Flexible hours
Overall a good experience
UC Specialist (Former Employee) –  All over the place6 January 2017
I had a lot of fun during my time at Bell. I traveled frequently, worked on large projects and had access to training funds. Unfortunately, business objectives change and the unit I was in ended up being eliminated. I had a fantastic manager and director. I believe that George Cope's vision for the company is solid. However, the internal day to day workings of Bell is chaotic. I liken it to being with a group of Alzheimer's patients - every day is new. Nothing you did yesterday applies. Some coworkers are great, most of them are less than mediocre. It's somewhat of a dog eat dog mentality. Everyone wants to save themselves (from being redundant). That is part of the chaos. Everyone's experience will be different depending on what part of the company you are in. Some have a terrible experience. Others, like myself, will have or have had a good manager that made showing up worth it.
Pros
Work from home, travel, training, good projects
Cons
Long hours traveling, frequent layoffs