BELL

BELL Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun environment. Very social atmosphere.
Sales Agent in Direct Marketing Campaign (Current Employee), ScarboroughFebruary 27, 2014
I work in the outbound department for Bell Canada. I cold call past or existing customers to give them amazing savings on homephone, fiber optic internet, and Fibe TV.
I have learned a great deal about sales. The first month of emplyment with Bell was about sales technique and product knowledge alone. Statistically a customer will decide whether they like you in about four seconds, so this job is not without it's challenges.
The management at Bell is constantly trying to motivate their teams. Whether it's with daily hypes or hands on coaching.
The hardest part of my job is to perservere even when the calling lists might not be very lucrative. Or if you are dealing with a customer who has left Bell Canada due to the fact that they had a bad experience. You just have to treat every call as if it's already a sale.
The most enjoyable part of my job is definately dealing with customers and my employees. When I'm on the phone being myself is a real asset for sales. So I get to talk to a lot of very interesting people that I normally wouldn't be able to. I have also become good friends with a lot of my co-workers.
I am a very personable, driven, and enthusiastic person looking for a great opportunity
Challeging Work Environment
Team leader (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2012
Pros: recognitions, promotions, meetings, get togethers and good money
Cons: short hours
Working at this company was the best decision. This Company taught me the system not only to work in a job field and also in general life.
~ Be Prepared
~ Be On Time
~ Work Full Day
~ Work Turf Right And Tight
~ Know Your Goals
~ Take Control
Companies system made so motivated that i get to team leader in a week from entry level consultant. Best part of the job was to be consistent in the production which i made it possible , Consistently high rolling and getting more deals than any body else in the office and getting recognitions every day were my achievements. The hardest part of this job was to be motivated even the day was bad with no deals, but being motivated and being happy was not a big deal for me , most of the time i had no deals up til end but i extra milled and got deals .

I was always prepared for the next day no matter what happened in the past, always before time, loved working long hours even if it was the time to go back to office. Before starting a day i had my goals in my goal sheet which the description of how to achieve those and monthly goals too. Working with the system and being motivated every time helped me to take control on my goals.
Great job experience and you work on your own with no supervision
Telecommunications Technician (Current Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: job is great, paid tools, clothing, and vehicle is provided, and cel phone.
Cons: management needs work, you work every weekend (part timers). company seems to care more about their own interest, and not the workers and some times it feels that they will throw you under the bus (biggest issue)
I've only been there for about a year as a part time technician. You get 40+ hours for about 6 months out of the year; depending in what area you work in. In Toronto I hear you are part time for 6 months and then you get full times. Other places you could be waiting years before you can get full time. Where I work I've been getting almost 40 hours a week, it's just during Winter time you wait for a page asking for volunteers to come in. The job is great they give you a truck and you work on your own at your own pace and have an average of 5 jobs completes a day. If you love trouble shooting and installations then this job is for you. You'll get great work experince. The pay is very good that's If you're a Full Timer. Max pay $34/hour. When you first start they pay lower than most places at $14.25 but you get a $1 raise every 1000 hours and that equals to a $1/6 months.
Fast paced environment with challenging job expectations
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 16, 2015
Pros: Good pay & incentives with reasonable benefits
Cons: Stressful with lack of recognition, job security and advancements
On a daily basis a representative would speak to various types of customers with a wide range of issues and complaints. Often the client is irate and would require a creative solution with a compassionate approach for the outcome to be successful. Management also expects each call to be a handled under a short time frame with a sales attempt while following a very specific call flow guideline/application. Agents also must use and be familiar with over 15 different tools/applications to handle their daily calls. The quality of a representative's performance is also based on their customers' feedback.

I learned how to:
-multi-task
-deescalate any situation and/or individuals
-quickly create creative solutions

To management, you are just a number

Hardest part:
-meeting all the performance requirements, satisfying customers and remaining positive within a time constraint

Most enjoyable part:
-friendly and supportive teammates/co-workers
Productive, educational, fast paced
Telecom Dispatcher Coordinator (Former Employee), OttawaMarch 6, 2015
Build new terminals into client files when required. Assisting technicians when requiring new feeder or distribution cables to provide phone service. Active member on both the Information Sharing and Conditions Effectiveness Committees. Sell and arrange for training on new systems for new and existing customers. Designed and introduced an Attendance Incentive Program. Researched and interviewed External Suppliers for new Equipment and was responsible for making purchasing decisions.
Recommend process improvements to improve efficiency and ensure approved changes were carried out. Experience in Preparing and Presenting Presentations/Proposals to District level and helping implement regional web pages. Union representative for the local voting unit.

Management was supportive in development and opportunities.

Hardest part was once learned position and maintained it for awhile, always had to look for another position to have the opportunity to learn more and develop.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the location and the people I worked with.
family like fast paced environment constant changes
BRS (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great management, fast paced environment, learning new skills
Cons: schedule keeps changing, no work life balance, finish work at 9 pm and have to be at work 8 am next day
Started of at 50 eglinton at the dmc were the compensation and environment was great. Moved to 100 borough drive to BRS , from there everything went down hill. . Management is wonderful and is willing to help you out with work or none work related issues. A normal day is arrive 20 mins early because the computer takes about 10 to load. Sales targets are unrealistic certain months because the calls get routed incorrect and there is nothing you can do for a customer unless he wants brand new services. Company rather pays less and gets garbage customer experience with 3rd parties then keep ur internal employees with at least 3 years of experience in bell who provide quality customer experience.

The sales director don't care about his workers they all just numbers.
If Bell was the same like 5 years ago when I first started I'd probably still stay. I'm sad to leave because from management to front line agents everyone was like a family.
Bell Canada Management
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Bell, ONAugust 27, 2014
Working at Bell Canada has given me the chance to work in a diverse and team oriented atmosphere. This type of structure has produced a positive partnership with my peers, as well as management, to achieve excellence in customer service while building a great working environment The Site Sales Manager position involved researching, developing and, implementing new strategies for the centre to increase revenue and customer appreciation. Motivating representatives to get on-board with creative new ideas and innovative approaches enabled our company to exceed our key objectives. We achieved this through planning, promoting and executing special events for the centre such as sales conferences and product launches. This in turn created a great working environment for our employees as well as clients and shareholders. As a result of our focused fore-casting we were able to observe an average 224% increase in KPI motivators (avg. year over year) Productivity, campaigns and incentive programs were implemented to motivate all staff across all our lines of business.
Professional Environment
Solution Consultant (Current Employee), CanadaSeptember 20, 2014
― Designed and Deployed CUCM 8.6(2) platform in pre production environment and applied the same in Production multicluster environment
― Designed and Deployed SAF gateway for DID advertisement
― Deployed Centralized gateways for Inbound and Outbound Contact Center call flow
― Deployment Local gateways for Direct (DIDs) and Emergency call solutions
― Integrated Genesys SIP Servers with Centralized gateways and CUCM through SIP trunks
― Integrated Genesys T-Server with CUCM over JTAPI/CTI redundant links
― Integrated Verint Call Recording Solution with CUCM over redundant SIP trunks
― Integrated Aspect and Avaya Dialer using SIP trunk and PRI/T1 solutions
― Integrated Unity Connection Servers with CUCM using skinny protocol
― Designed, Documented and Conducted Unit, Integration and End to End Testing for each component of RBC IPCC Project
― SIP Optimization to remove hair pinning from Centralized gateways in IPCC Contact Center environments.
― Escalated support for a high Severity problems as bank and isolating fault for a multivendor environments
Fun, Exciting and Challenging
Retail/Sales (Former Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 6, 2014
Typical work days were in the retail location, the days would consist of building relationships with potential and existing clients and finding what they are looking for and making sure they are happy.

I learned about countless cell phone and home phone products and services, also many different methods of sales and aspects of creating relationships with customers.

The management at Bell was great. Each manager was professional, educated, and well presented. Along with outstanding abilities to communicate and manage their teams.

My co-workers were fun and professional as well! We always helped eachother out in tough situations, and always made sure that when they accomplished something or made a sale they were always congratulated for it!

The hardest part of the job was not being able to work as much as I would have liked to. It was only a part time position sadly.

The most enjoyable part of the job was every sale you made, and to be honest every time you spoke with a customer it was always a fun challenge to turn every encounter into a sale.
Great Company
Manager Customer Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 19, 2014
I was fortunate to experience many positions throught my career with Bell Canada>

I was fotunate enough to have a group of managers that supported my desire to move ahead in this company and ecouraged me to take specific courses provided by bell which i did and it exceled my career forward from a customer records an billing clerk to a mailing machime operator into the installation and repair department into the control centre dispacting installers and repairmen to managing crews of both, then back inside to managing the test boards for our data circuits, then to my final stop in my Bell career as a Customer Systems Engineer this all took place in a short span of 17years. When I decided i needed a change and took a volunteer seperation package.

The best par of my experience with Bell Canada was the managers that belieed in me ad supported the decisions i made to move forward, they not only encouraged the assisted me in achieving my goals.

If i had the opportunity to work for them again i would in a heartbeat!
productive with get co-workers
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 14, 2014
A typical day would consist of you coming to work and preparing yourself to be on the sales floor, clocking in yourself in and checking your work email for any new promotions and sales to pitch at the customers to getting them to sign up with Bell.

I learned the connection you must make with a customers in order to make sales and weekly targets. how to open and close stores. preparing the sales floor.

Management was always there over looking the sales floor and if you where stuck in a situations with a customer the mangers would either take over or help guide you through it and after they would give you pointers and tips on how to deal with it next time.

My co-works where very open and always willing to help you close a sale or if you need help doing tasks they would always be there to give you a hand.

Hardest part was when you were trying to close a sales with a customer but that was also the best part cause it gave you a challenge and made you feel good when you closed it.

The most enjoyable, part was the people I worked with.
Very challenging and requires flexibility
Bell Sales Representative and Customer services (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2015
Pros: fantastic work culture
Cons: unstable market
I had great managers and learnt different methods of management skills and how to develop productivity between team members and motivate them to be proactive towards their responsibilities.

I learnt how to be more flexible and be more customer focus and pay attention to their needs and the better knowledge about company strategy, cultures and products the more confident I will towards client demands.

I had fantastic work experience with my co-workers and develop more sales and negotiation skills .

The hardest part of this position was when the product discontinue or have some limitation and the customer is enquired about it, so I should follow up the request and liaise between customer and company.

The fun part of it was to learn between different devices and gain more knowledge about different product and introduce them to customers and turn them to potential clients.
Room for advancment or career change
Customer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 9, 2013
Pros: i enjoyed my job it gave me a big satisfaction at the end of the day.
Cons: job was contracted out over seas
Informative materials and procedures for every tasks were readily available via Bell intranet. Many free courses to take via/intranet to further your education/career. One stop shopping, or 1st call resolution was what we were all trained to do withing time.,which made us an asset to the company and opened more doors of opportunity within Bell. I enjoyed meeting different types of customers on the phone and learning how to deal with each type of obstacle and managing a win-win situation. It was difficult with the irate customers at first,but with time and tools I wasn't afraid of these calls any longer and looked forward to the challenge,and difusing the customer and regaining the customers trust and loyalty with Bell ,and loved it so much i transferred into a bell job where i took irrate/complaints all day.I found it satisfying and learned new things everyday.
had all the fun things gym,play room pool tables ect,, just no time to enjoy them.
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Moncton, NBFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: Good salary
Cons: Not for a person like me
Had to be in 10 minutes before to log in to many of our different apps we worked threw and get ready to receive a high volume of calls I was Loyalty Retention so my job was a little more stressful since I was the one they not only called to cancel services if they had problems or better prices else where , bills never the same on a monthly basis so alot of irate customers so in certain cases we could offer a Promotion on theyre services like money off they,re bill that usually helped some what did help was to have good social skills and to understand where they,re coming from also .My job was not only to save my customer but to also up sell, for exemple the telephone if they didn,t have it I,d have to try to convince them it would be at there benefit to have it ,my sales were pretty good I made bonuses that part of the job working with people on the phone and multitasking I loved .
productive and fast paced
Cable Repair Technician (Current Employee), ottawa, onJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: working outside, own truck, responsible for your actions
Cons: certian locations, shifts can go on for days
In a typical work day would report to dispatch shop and get list of jobs which could vary from cable replacement to simple pair replace. Would need to get tools and materials needed for the days work then off to the job site. For bigger jobs would call on a helper to assists aside from that primarily solitary work. Learned many skills in the 2 years I've been at Bell all to do with cable repair, most common would be climbing, confined spaces, bucket truck as well as many job specific tools and digital equipment. Management was great would check in with manager once to twice a week to verify all jobs are being completed and to check if anything was needed. Hardest part of the job was the access to some locations as not all telephone poles are within reach of bucket some where rather far of the beaten trail. Most enjoyable part of the job was being outside.
Great place to work!
Reporting & Data Analyst (Current Employee), 100 Wynford Drive, TorontoJune 6, 2014
Pros: great team environment, proven company leadership
Cons: lack of employee recognition; commute to work
Typical day is:

- Responding to questions for PM or Project lead.
- Closing tickets/queries from internal and external customers via verbal, written and personal communication methods
- Partnering and leading programming teams to deliver essential sales reports to Management.
- Digging through data to understand impacts to the business and communicating methods to improve results and efficiency.

I work on a great team and have a manger that fully supports my PM career path.

Hardest part of my job is trying to please everyone, but I do my best to prioritize to always ensure I meet important deadlines and produce accurate and timely results.

Best part of my job is that everyday is different. I get to use my best skills which is in communications to build great working relationships which helps to solve problems quickly and to work more productively.
great place to work - always meeting new people internally and externally
Vice President/Executive office associate (Former Employee), Toronto and MissisaugaMarch 23, 2015
Pros: hearing a customer say thank you so much
My job provided me with tremendous continual training in all areas of the business. As telecommunication changes almost every hour I was being trained on how to handle any situation that presented itself to me. Through years of training one learns to Think, Talk, Type. Listening to the customers and providing the best solution for their needs. Resolving customer concerns. I learned how to Time Manage my day and my Manager was fantastic, available at all times. The hardest part of the job on occasion were long detailed documents. The most enjoyable part was helping my customers with a winning resolution for both them and the company. I loved getting problems and finding solutions. I loved taking on new jobs and working with internal and external customers. Always open and ready to learn other areas of the business.
Good compnay to work for with opportunity for advancement.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2015
Pros: Ablility to hire sales professionals to join my team, Ability to work with other departments including sales operations and marketing
Cons: Some restritions on territory was introduced resulting in sales activity limitations.
Exciting and motivating work atmosphere with professionals at all levels. Typical day would be meeting with the executives discussing targets and tactics then meeting with sales reps and communicating updated tasks and targets. Meeting with vendors and communicated new offers and incentives associated with desired results. Prospecting and meeting with clients to negotiate deals and contracts on behalf of company.
Learned a great deal of negotiation and closing techniques. Dealing with legal team drafting contracts and negotiating with corporate lawyers.

I enjoyed the perks of exceeding personal and team sales targets.
Long hours, very demanding targets to achieve
Operations Manager (Former Employee), OntarioMay 13, 2012
Pros: company vehicle use, benefits and salary
Cons: tough to motivate unionized workforce, long and demanding flexibility in hours.
Long hours,Very demanding mornings with organizing and staff requirement,Urban setting very different then Rural settings to meet and exceed targets,Co-Workers are a great bunch of Team Players that understand and help out with demands that are set forth,Upper management are concentrated on big city forecasts and demands,Middle management are overworked and too busy to perform all of there duties to help coach and drive home better results with there staff,Very enjoyable being in the front line to deal with and learn customers needs and wants in a very progressive new technology environment,Difficult to implement new ideas or try and change procedures to reduce roadblocks that may cause better efficiency targets and results.
Excellent company to work for and be a part of for over 15 years
Account Manager for Bell (Former Employee), Verdun, QCJanuary 5, 2015
My work experience at Bell has given me an opportunity to expand my knowledge not only in the telecommunications industry but I have aquired skills such as excellent sales, leadership, project management, territory management, RFP'S, knowing both the private and public sector of our customers, team building, besides the many private courses given to further expand and continuously be up to date with the IT industry, sales, team management, time management etc..
My Customer relationships have permitted me to expand our portfolio. My co-workers and some clients have been a part of my network.
The rapid growth and conitunous change in the industry had been the most challenging during my career, however it has also permitted me to actively adapt to change and always focus on rebuilding and achieveing new goals, and this with continued success.
Employees