BELL Employee Reviews

Challenging and stimulating
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 27, 2015
I work for Bell corporate store department and everyday is a good challenge in order to motivate your team to attain all the different sales targets and helping them find a way to be consistant in their sales pitch by having one on one coaching.
Also, I need to manage different requests from inventory transfer requests from the planners team, reading and analyzing different reports, make sure to have a proper schedule which we will be efficient to serve customers in the peak hours, hiring new talents and creating a good work environment for my employee.
Pros
Tuition fee reimbursement, life benefits, advantage programs and flexible schedule
Na
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 6, 2016
Further to my resume, I had many wonderful co-workers and we worked together so well as one team. The hardest part that we dealt with on a daily basis was the so called "red tape" , it was frustrating at times, all you wanted to do was move forward with your project however there were many steps of approval. I believe these steps could have been less painful at time and fewer steps.
The most enjoyable part of the job is watching a project move from idea to launch and knowing that you had part in the project cycle.
The internal and external customer was always my main focus, always asking the question "how will this impact the customer?"
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Good company
Onboarding Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 18, 2015
Good company with good benefits and salary.
Knowledgeable staff and executives.
No corporate culture.
Difficult to advance.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No work culture.
Great place to work with minimal job requirements
Billing Analyst/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 16, 2016
If you decided not to pursue post secondary education and have no other passion/opportunity to pursue, then this is a great job. The bonuses can be good enough plus the base pay was $12.5 (circa 2016).

This job will teach you some important sales/persuasion skills which can be used in many other scenarios/settings, additionally, you will have considerably improved communication and small talk skills if you do the job right. Everyone is really friendly and the work environment is great. Management is superb! Doesn't get any better if you ask me.

The hardest part is the repetitiveness. I couldn't stand it after some time. But that was also the best part because some days I was half asleep and I could literally be fantasizing about my upcoming vacation and still complete the job with no trouble.
Pros
Bonuses just do what they teach you
Cons
Random hours you won't always have the weekend off.
Bell - Pride to be part of the company
DMA Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 14, 2016
I usually start my job at 9.30, excellent place to work especially when we resolve customer issues the appreciation we get from customers. It is premier telecom company with the latest technology called Fibe which is reliable & eliminates interruptions.
We have great team members to help us in times of difficulty especially in situation where in a customer service has been disconnected due to technical issues, talking to various departments to get the issue resolved and make sure his basic services are running so that he has access to at-least 911 services in case of any emergencies.
we have numerous summer events like barbecue get-togethers, mental health awareness programs, walk to promote various issues relating to kids etc
Worked there 34.5 years it was a great place to work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bell, ONMarch 16, 2016
Started early, worked late.Had the opportunity to work on many interesting projects and teams.
I learned so much about telecom, IT, managing projects, teams, clients and vendors.
Management was good at times and not so good with certain managers.
Co-workers on the whole were great, friendly, helpful and I still keep in contact with many.
No training, not enough resources, no pay for all the hundreds of hours of worked evenings, weekends and holidays and cancelled vacations.
Team comradery and working on neat Telecom and IT technologies as well as intersting clients and there unique environments AND the
Pros
People, opportunities, 201 Olympics
Cons
Many unpaid hours
Overall a good company
Associate Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wynford Dr, Don Mills, ONJune 24, 2015
I have held several different positions within the company from an operator to ISIT support to business admin, to process improvement to data analyst. I have emassed a large skill set to handle any new task that I take on. The company although, does not offer job security, certain non sales departments continually downsize and although it may be a necessity, it does not consider the employees that it affects. Long term employment may be a long shot. I have worked for this company for 26 years, and have been downsized out of my position a total of 3 official times. (a 4th time I was just told I was being transferred). I had kept it in my mind that if they downsized me officially for a 3rd time that I would take the package and leave, and this is now what I am doing
Pros
offers great vacation options & group benefits
Cons
downsizing, no challenge
nice workplace with many workers in a call centre setup
Direct Marketing Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 4, 2016
This is a workplace with several agents working as customer service reps in an inbound call center. Targets are set for sales and saves (when a customer calling to cancel a service is saved). Targets change every month. Emphasis has now gone to selling through assertive and aggressive means to ensure set targets are met. Workers are working in low spirits due to the often unrealistic constantly changing targets. Management at the center fall low in the hierarchy and only follow orders from the headquarters. There is a disconnect between agents, team leaders and management. The good thing is that there exists a jovial camaraderie among the agents on the phone
Pros
good bonus for sales and benefits including Employee Savings Plan for buying shares at Bell
Cons
general unrealistic sales targets
No benefits, no management supports, treated like a nobody if no sales made
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 4, 2016
So you train for 1 week and get treated really nice, new iphone and all the information you can retain. Learning new sales skills and getting loads of information on competitors.

You are sent in the field with a list that has already been exhausted. Dont go in the high rise building, you cannot solicit and will be thrown out by the property manager. Most private residents are not interested in what you have to say and you have to really work hard to get a sale. All the while your team lead/ sales manager is calling you every evening to get information on your sales for the day. If you do not do well; you are made to feel like a FAILURE AND GIVEN A WARNING.

No respect for their fellow colleagues and a horrible position to work in. You are better office working a regular 9-5 or getting an office job in Bell or somewhere else. Can you tell I was traumatized by this experience....
Pros
Cons
too many to name
Bell Canada Third Party
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  victoria park and esna parkSeptember 20, 2016
Bell Canada was a third party office offering sales of products through a call center environment. I learned how to be organized with customers, meeting there satisfaction to the most, 100 calls a day. The hardest part about the job was it being far for travel with high school. The most enjoyable part was it being an office environment, and very comfortable, and excellent staff.
Cons
company relocated further, and was to long to travel with highschool
Review of Bell
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 17, 2016
I had the honour and privilege of working there for 16 years. I thoroughly enjoyed the people and the tasks that I was given.

In my years I was given the chance to hone my people skills. I learned the importance of saying "Thank you". Something as simple as saying thank you goes a long way in instilling a culture of respect and trust amongst ones employees. I would like to think that we had this in the group that I created, lead and supported.

In all, Bell was a very positive experience on my own development and for that I am thankful
Productive and fun workplace and always up to date with the next new phone
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJuly 12, 2016
Working for Bell has been rewarding in terms of building experience and relationships with other individuals. There are daily routines that one must follow in order to have a successful day. A lot of cold calls to make and a lot of interactions with customers which itself can be rewarding because you meet very interesting individuals. Management is good and the co-workers were fun and great to work with.
Pros
Free demo line
Productive and interesting job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 7, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was the party at the end of the year with all employees. I learned the best way to sell services, my co-workers were so friendly. the hardest part of the job was when the system was down, we used to take notes of each call and do the report once the system was restored. There used to be a lot of change in management.
Pros
Free Pizza most of Fridays
Cons
stay long time on the last call at the end of the shift
Challenging workplace and co-operative teammates
Mobile Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 23, 2015
Looking to grow within the company if opportunity strikes matching my experience and performance. Great benefits and advantages to know modern technology in day-to-day life
Great work environment
Transmission Tester (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 19, 2016
32 years worth of dealing on daily basis with internal and external customers working on telephone cable networks. Also many years experience with Fibre optics build and installation of systems to further customer needs.
Service and support of 600 plus users within IS/IT department offering installation, support and service of desktop systems including networks and servers within the Province of Ontario
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 12, 2016
Constant changes in pricing and poor customer service from the call centre makes things difficult at times to help customers. Need to assist all customers with issues/complaints as well as tech support. co-workers are great and management Is always trying to help you succeed within the business through coaching sessions and positive words of encouragement. The hardest part of the job is the high targets. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to tackle new situations and finding creative solutions while building strong rapport with your customers.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
High targets, irate customers and part time hours
unethical employment practices, horrible leadership, Stay AWAY!!!
Human Resources officer (Former Employee) –  MontrealOctober 9, 2015
The worst company I have ever worked for. I worked regularly until 9:00 pm every night. They fire people who take parental leave or CSST (disguised layoffs). They do not trust employees to work from home and monitor your every move in the building to make sure you are working. A culture of incompetence and job protection. Many People with long service and no education who are incompetent and over paid and work against improvements or innovations. Leadership is tossed around to fill holes in positions and really do not understand their jobs...scary!!!
Pros
Cons
company culture, Long hours, management, illegal/unethical employment practices
Very supportive, comfortable working atmosphere and very good staff to work with.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, ONMarch 20, 2016
Everyday you do your best to assist customers with closing the right Bell services to help meet their media needs. I have improved my sales techniques, product and industry knowledge. With my customer service skills and confidence growing each day. I enjoy the job more due to my friendly coworkers, they help give support and answers when dealing with unique situations. The hardest part of the job is not being able to satisfy every customer, sometimes we can work with every situation and I wish I could always do more for the customers. The best part about the job is meeting new people, educating customers with technology to help them stay connected and up to date.
Pros
Latest technology
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive, fast paced and always learning new things
System Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Typical day at work included checking the files of incoming data and prepping, manipulating and updating for financial reports.
On the job I learned how to deal with time management to be more productive.
Management was always encouraging and offering constructive criticism to better production and my own skills.
Co-workers were always professional and keen to group activities.
Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the influx of data everyday but it was a challenge I couldn't handle.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction between internal customers and myself. Sharing information, proofreading, data mining. Very satisfying to investigate and come up with solutions.
Pros
Lots of courses for online training.
Cons
Not enough time in the day
Excellent work environment.... challenging workload!!!!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 15, 2016
It was great to know how Bell Contract Administration Group worked. Have enjoyed the team work as well as working with the Subcontractors. Have learned a lot regarding the different tools and applications as well as all the training done. It prepared us all well for the mission we had in front of us.
The challenge we had made us work hard to reduce the number of WIP projects, and concentrate better in the existing ones to be able to overcome the issues and also helped the subcontractors to close them all well.
Pros
Tools and work environment
Cons
No so much things....