BELL Employee Reviews in Canada

Life at Bell
Technical Solutions Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 9, 2016
Working at Bell taught me a great deal about cellular technology, how to communicate, and deal with difficult customers.
Good career opportunities, and programs like education services to promote career growth.
Most of my managers provided excellent support. Helping to build confidence, providing critical feedback, and coaching.
The hardest part about the job, was dealing with extremely high call volumes, maintaining difficult average handle time, with minimal external support.
The most enjoyable aspect, helping customers, working with a great team, and developing an excellent rapport with management and peers.
nice workplace with many workers in a call centre setup
Direct Marketing Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 4, 2016
This is a workplace with several agents working as customer service reps in an inbound call center. Targets are set for sales and saves (when a customer calling to cancel a service is saved). Targets change every month. Emphasis has now gone to selling through assertive and aggressive means to ensure set targets are met. Workers are working in low spirits due to the often unrealistic constantly changing targets. Management at the center fall low in the hierarchy and only follow orders from the headquarters. There is a disconnect between agents, team leaders and management. The good thing is that there exists a jovial camaraderie among the agents on the phone
Pros
good bonus for sales and benefits including Employee Savings Plan for buying shares at Bell
Cons
general unrealistic sales targets
fun and flexible work place.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, NLMay 22, 2016
I loved the job, working with Cell Phones was a big dream of mine even before I owned my own.. Further you go with the career the more it seems you get to choose your own hours and salary, it's kinda like creating a clientele, if they like you and how you handle their device and billing they will come back to you.
A great atmosphere to work in
Accounting/Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 4, 2016
I received inventory records (eg: telephone systems, telephone sets, and wiring). I would then cost the equipment and time spent of the job against the revenue revenue received and calculate the profit or loss per job.
The hardest part of the job was sometimes getting the inventory records from the managers.
The most enjoyable part was working as a team.
Pros
Learning cost accounting
Cons
Writing your own reviews
Not a friendly place to work
Wireless Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 7, 2016
Poor benefits and lack of teamwork. Management attendance was poor and sales staff was always angry at each other. Worked there for almost 4 years and no one was promoted from within. Instead new management was hired from outside all the time. When new staff replacement arrives, they have no clue of what's going on and most of them end up quitting within 4 months.
Very productive and fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 23, 2016
A very good team work environment. Offered lots of incentives to encourage and motivate employees for continuous and better production. Education assistance and other super benefits for employees
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Inconsistent shift work
great place to work
Directory assistance, sub clerk (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONMay 21, 2016
Working at Bell Canada was very rewarding in that I was able to take on many new jobs including scheduling hours and payroll.
Was in charge of Operator Appreciation projects and rewards.
Pros
great job, great environment
Cons
Company closed Woodstock office in 2000.
Daily Job Requirements
Logistics Attendant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 9, 2016
The day starts with picking and delivery of material needed by Bell Technicians for their vehicles. After then, receive material and restock shelves. When time and availability is present, the vehicles must be taken to repair garage for maintenance and repair.

Also, being in the warehouse, we must be able to service the technicians needs as far as material, tools and general assistance in getting the technicians out to their required appointments.
Pros
Clothing and adjustable hours are supplied
Cons
Workload and lack of employees to do the necessary jobs at hand.

Comment – April 21, 2016

Job is 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, rotating days off. A lot of stress getting all work done. More people would help but company insists on minimum staff.

Fun fast paced environment
Assistant Manager for The Source (Former Employee) –  Rockland, ONApril 3, 2016
Joining conference calls, learned a lot about customer service, management, scheduling and staff management. Coworkers were fun and passionate. Hardest part of the job was the sales quotas sometimes were hard to attain. Funnest was the staff and events the job would cater to.
fun place to work great people
Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 23, 2016
I enjoy working at Bell , but my department got relocated. You have a great potential to grow and full benefit the managers are there to support you and head office will give you programs you can access remotely to further your career.
Pros
bonus monthly
Cons
37.5 hours weekly
positive energy with team leaders to support
Client Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 31, 2016
received customer calls with concerns
demonstrated empathy and resolved with solutions and sales
challenges to meet set targets
daily ,weekly or monthly games in place with incentives toward sales
Pros
kick off events for sales campaigns
Cons
paid parking
Large scale company with leading technology
Application Event Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 17, 2016
Shift work monitoring server alarms and proactive resolution oftem times with assistance of application specialists or more senior system administrators, DBAs, Web specialists, network administrator, deployed technician, and programmers.
Incredible learning experience and development of teamwork skills
Network Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day at work involved working with my team and coding SQL to help facilitate the jobs of my peers. I learnt incredible teamwork and computer coding skills. I had a boss that lived in a different city, which allowed me to develop more independence. My management and coworkers were all very intelligent people that I learned a great deal from. The hardest part of the job was teaching myself a new computer language, and the most enjoyable part was being able to be part of a hard-working close-knit team.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Long distance
Fantastic place to work!
Retail Sales Personnel (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMay 18, 2016
There are a million reasons to enjoy working for Bell. Not only are we encouraged to achieve the best customer service available, but we are given many opportunities to grow and evolve with the company. I love working here, and anybody else should too.
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 28, 2016
My typical day goes by fast and mostly have me doing super-multi tasking.
Being an end user Tier-2 support, I end up learning new things everyday due to existing and latest technical issues.
Co-workers are always fun to work with because you learn from them everyday, and build a good day-to-day professional relationship.
The hardest part of my job, for me, are the days possessing stagnancy. I love developments.
The most enjoyable part of any job, I must say, is challenges that push you go an extra mile to learn something.
Ok place
Video Conferencing and Audio Visual Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2016
Working as a contract worker with no benefits. Contract is secure but no room for advancement as it is difficult to actually get hired by the company to move and grow within the corporation.
Pros
Light workload
Cons
No benefits for contract
No benefits, no management supports, treated like a nobody if no sales made
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 4, 2016
So you train for 1 week and get treated really nice, new iphone and all the information you can retain. Learning new sales skills and getting loads of information on competitors.

You are sent in the field with a list that has already been exhausted. Dont go in the high rise building, you cannot solicit and will be thrown out by the property manager. Most private residents are not interested in what you have to say and you have to really work hard to get a sale. All the while your team lead/ sales manager is calling you every evening to get information on your sales for the day. If you do not do well; you are made to feel like a FAILURE AND GIVEN A WARNING.

No respect for their fellow colleagues and a horrible position to work in. You are better office working a regular 9-5 or getting an office job in Bell or somewhere else. Can you tell I was traumatized by this experience....
Pros
Cons
too many to name
Bell Canada
Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 3, 2016
Overall it was not bad place to work. The managers were good and do their best to create work/life balance. However, there was little given in training. my hours were long but flexible. I can work from home.
Pros
flexible hours. option to work from home
Cons
Long hours. no real training
Productive environment where the customer was number one and employees were treated with respect.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 25, 2016
I have learned just about everything there is to know about customer service in this company. The days at work were intense and required attentiveness at all time. This of course was all in the spirit of giving excellent service to he customer.
Management was attentive to employees and always available to better the service.
Co-workers were great people with the same objectives ready and willing to share responsibilities.
The most difficult part of the job, keeping the customers and employees 100% satisfied, was also the most enjoyable and challenging.
Benefits
Cons
Too few hours - 32 1/2 hours work week
Simple. Limited.
Bell Services Associate, The Source (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 15, 2016
Greet Customers and Tell them about Bell Residential Services such as home phone and internet. Limited growth. Was not allowed to assist customers with store items.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
Limited work. Could not do more even if you wanted to.