BELL Employee Reviews

Bell D2D. A lot to learn. Could be very beneficial
D2D door to door rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON14 December 2017
Worked in the surrounding Toronto area. Managers were very understanding and helpful. Let me just say if your used to be organized, you may loose some marbles.

Meeting so many different customers in your territory is always an adventure as you learn a lot about territory and it could also be beneficial if your looking to purchase a home one day, meaning most of the neighbors have the same wave lengths.

Overall, this is a pretty good independent contract job. Bell supplies you with the necessities needed and sometimes you may feel an outbreak to cry when sales are not there.

I would have kept this position however, I don't like the feeling of not being productive in reaching my targets, you feel very very bad as the company pays by the hour.

Thanks
Pros
Many to list
Cons
Working 6 days straight, body needs resting
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 December 2017
Great organization with likable managers and co workers. I would recommend this position to any hard working individuals looking to exceed and enjoy teamwork.
Working at Bell
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 December 2017
When I started working at Bell, I was worried about not doing well. After a few weeks I realized how amazing the job place and people were and that made it easy and comfortable for me to learn and try my hardest.
Pros
People, Experience
Cons
N/a
A successful and steady employer, great for long term careers.
Field Delivery Lead (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 December 2017
Great employer for a long term career. However advancement is slow, there is a very defined corporate ladder there and while there are lots of opportunities within the company, getting higher up the chain takes years.
If you can do door to door for Bell, you can do anything!
Bell door to door (Current Employee) –  Verdun, QC10 December 2017
A typical workday is from 1:30pm - 8:30pm. Majority of my time I get the door slammed in my face, until I get someone who is interested in switching over with Bell. I learnt a lot about Sales from this Job, but I also found out that the majority of people are unhappy with Bell or profoundly hate Bell because of there dysfunctional billing and customer service. The most enjoyable part of my Job is that I am free to do whatever I want when I want in a sense, without a boss micromanaging me. And the hardest part is when I get clients calling me on the weekend or my own time because the billing is wrong.. Or the product isn't actually working properly. And doing doo-to-door evening shift is very draining.
Pros
You do it for the money - If you sell
Cons
Alot of people dislike Bell.
Fun to learn but not to work
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 December 2017
Very disorganized company, communication is all over the place. Almost 80% of workers are depressed from pursuing a career here. Slow advancement. Amount of work not worth the pay.
Co-workers are great
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2017
The management focus on numbers rather then the technicians completed work. Under payed and pressured to work to complete orders above what is asked of them. The job is a great one if it the management didn't push so much for higher number rather the satisfied customer service and retention.
Pros
working with other technicians who are amazing
Cons
very long hours and only one day of per week
Wonderful Customer service experience.
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 December 2017
I love to help customers, and get problems solved when I am able to, if I cannot help them, I transfer them to the right department. I really enjoyed working for the company, even after so many years.
Pros
Great atmosphere to work in.
Cons
Office closed down.
n/a
Level 3 Tech support (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 December 2017
Working for Bell has been great. They provide full paid training.
I was hired as Tech support and within 4 years they forced us to become sales and billing agents as well. For those who are not comfortable with selling, it has not been an easy transition.
Outside plant / fiber technician (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON5 December 2017
This was a good place to work however do to deregulation of the phone industry and then a change in technologies the phone systems that I worked on are no longer viable.
Produtive
Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2017
Good company to learn telecommunications theory and practice. Have to spend countless hours learning and getting to the heart of a technical problem. Makes you a sharp well rounded Technician.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No continued education
Fun team and good group of people to work with
PMO Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2017
Fun team and good group of people to work with but hard to advance and hard to get recognition for good performance due to the org structure. As a project manager Bell can be interesting as long as there are complex and challenging projects to work on.
A fantastic experience all around
Supply chain scheduler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 December 2017
The day was usual a relaxed hardworking environment, with management that was very loving and understanding. hardest part of the job was not being able to do more do to my status as a summer student at the work place. The most enjoyable part was how interactive everyone was with each other.
Pros
Snacks were always available
Cons
not enough work to last the day
the manager makes or breaks your experiecne
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  vancouver canada4 December 2017
as a sales rep your manager's support is essential to your performance, having a manager that is distant or unreposonsive is conducive to poor performance, mislead coaching, and poor moral.
Pros
free Data on your cellphone
Cons
lots of room for error
Decent place to work.
Business Technician (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 November 2017
I found there was a lot of favouring of employees. Management was okay, but it would have been nice to be treated fairly. Management often hired people they knew (i.e. family friends, etc.)

The people you meet working in different departments are great.
very bad management
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2017
Sales Consultant

There is unequal treatment among employees. The worst training process ever. They spent more time on product knowledge on employees than preparing employees for sales floor. The manager back bite you and always seems intimidated to approach. The pay is not worth the hard work. I do not recommend this job to anyone who does not love sales.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Bad Management and Policy
Enjoyed working here
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2017
I starting working at Bell fall of 2008 , this was my first customer service representative job, i didn't know what to expect but , I grew to love it, pay is great, hours are great, I meet a lot of nice people, sometimes it could be fast paced but I got used to that quickly, I stayed will Bell for 10 yrs, i would highly recommend working for Bell, management is nice, I truly loved working for Bell.
Pros
Great Pay, Steady Hours
Cons
Short Breaks, getting days off was hard
very productive, time efficent
Telephone Technician (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON23 November 2017
Once your day starts it does not stop. It is a busy, challenging career. You never stop learning. You must be able to think outside the box at times. although you have a team to fall back on, for the most part you work independently. Your have a different work place every job . Which brings me to the hardest part. You must navigate/drive to your place of work. Several times a day, every day. The three hardest part of the job are driving/traffic, climbing and working in the elements/cold. You cannot work properly wearing gloves.
The most enjoyable part of the job. It never gets boring. You meet and work with interesting people. At the end of the day you feel you have accomplished something.
Pros
Clothing, tools included and paid training.
Cons
No pension, no jobs for aging outside tech.
Great company to work for.
Summer Student Network Technician (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL Oleary Ave.20 November 2017
My Review summary of tis company was a great company to work for my co workers were great people very easy to get along with a typical day at work would be plan a route go to the company sites do the work that was required. 15 min break in the morning then lunch head to other sites do the work that was required the work consisted of painting and cleaning up brush the hours was 8-4:30 Mon-Fri. I learned about leadership team management and important skills such as being on time.
Productive and Fun Environment to Work In
Corporate Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 November 2017
● Met and exceeded monthly sales targets
● Exceeded customers' expectations by going the extra mile
● Demonstrated initiative in learning and understanding new products, services and promotional offerings
● Handled customer escalations and acted as a liaison to resolve customer concerns
● Acted as an ambassador by professionally representing the Bell brand

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BELL. Our community is ready to answer.