BELL Employee Reviews

N/A in my particular case
Service Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 March 2017
As my role was directly impacted when we were bought out by Bell, it's not possible to rate the above.

If my career was able to extend into the Bell family it might be possible to give an opinion, as many roles were impacted through a buyout, mine being one of them, my opinions and overall rating can not be considered accurate at this time.
Very positive and challenging work environment.
Residential Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 December 2016
Working at Bell Canada was one of the most exciting and fun jobs I've had. The staff was always pleasant to work with. We were treated very well in terms of benefits and commissions. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of our job was touring the province in order to promote our residential services at big events such as the "Jazz Fest", the "Festival d'été" in Quebec City, and other large scale events across the province as well as small pop-up kiosks in malls which we would call "mall tours". When we would travel, all our expenses were paid including hotels, food, and $0.45/km traveled.
Benefits
Excellent Entry Level Position
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2017
Excellent training encompassing all products, great company culture, this is a perfect job for someone just getting into sales. Bell is very competitive in the telecommunication market, work hard and you can be very successful at Bell.
Pros
company recognition, flexible hours, drive your own pay
No work life balance
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
Be prepared to work 6/7 days week. Banked hours are guaranteed honoured 30 days in advance. Contract has a lot of loopholes that Bell exploits. Days are unrealistically packed with work.

Managers and co workers are awesome and helpful.
Pros
mangers and coworkers
Cons
no work life balance, hard to take days off, no rest, other dept not helpful
Bell
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 February 2017
ell is really committed to training and developing its employees It encourages employees to share new ideas. It is very supportive of employees - more so than in past years. Mental health is a high priority, not only in its corporate philanthropy but in its dealing with employees. Salary and benefits package is competitive.
Managment and business direction/rules/process change without consultation or notice
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
Very unprofessional company to work for or be partners with.
low morale in the company. Can not share thoughts which do not align with mgmt. you get fired!
Only interested in TOP execs filling their pockets
Pros
Largest Telco in Canada, Deals with Fortune 500 and Govt
Cons
poor compensation, lack focus on ensuring success of their employees and looking after them, high churn in customers and employees including top and middle management
Productive and fun atmosphere
Client Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 November 2016
In a typical day, I would sell products and services to clients providing the benefits they require as well as going to the needs of the business. Throughout the day I would complete various administrative duties including respond to 30 or more incoming calls from customers. I'd assist with new and existing service orders, handle all inquires, questions, complaints and emails. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Short lunches and long hours
Interesting, high-pressure job
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Work from Home3 November 2016
Working at bell was a change from my usual sales job, I quickly adapted to the data mining required for this job. Being proficient on the computer was an asset I had through my everyday life, so learning to do the specific actions I needed to do was a simple task. My boss was patient and thorough in his teaching and a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job would have been wrangling everyone's data together to make the weekly/monthly presentations. The most enjoyable was seeing all those parts coming together.
fast paced and competitive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham Ontario4 November 2016
I answered the phone and tried to answer any questions customers had with their phone bills. We took care of all errors or changes to phone bills as well as handled all the moving of telephones, installations and disconnections.
I also collected delinquent phone bills and we had to disconnect overdue accounts as well as try and collect previously disconnected accounts. This was all for residential customers.
Our job was to be the voice of Bell Canada
Pros
learned a lot of customer service skills
Cons
sales very competitive, often dealt with disgruntled customers
It was productive, learnt new skills and there was opportunities for growth.
Technical Support Specialist Level2 (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
Bell Canada is a large organization and has lot of opportunites in Internet, Tv and phone industry. I joined bell in a tech support team but gradually learned more skills, and moved to higher level support team where i was able to support the customer and clients for their, tv, Internet or phone issues. I learnt about fiber optic technology, and started to work in fibe tv and internet dept, and helped customer for their Internet, phone or tv inquiries. I worked 10+ years in Bell but bell shifted their support office to offshore companies and we all the team members were laid off from the bell service.
Pros
free coffe and tea, some time free lunch on holidays work
Cons
I was working 37.5 hrs in a week, and there was some over time available
going downhill
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 March 2017
A lot has changed since I have started my position at BTS (bell canada) and not for the better. They have implemented all kinds of tasks to our job that are uncontrollable as a technician and judge us by these things.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
unpaid 1 hour lunch so really we are at work for 11 hours a day
Productive, fun workplace great amenities, and great employees
Project Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2016
- Great work environment for 8 hour work days
- I've learned a lot about the company
- toughest part in the job may be producing numbers but no issue so far
- most enjoyable part of the job, coming in to great people, with a fantastic work environment and great work
19 years with the organisation. Always steady work and respected for achievemnets
Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
I am a technical trainer and jobs skills development professional and performs assurance of escalated repairs and VP complaints. Most days are spent training peers to perform technician functions.
Good working experience
IP Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 October 2016
Management and co workers are very helpful and they do understand the need of employees. I would recommend this company as this is one of the best because its still saved from outsourcing IT jobs out of Canada. All credit good to management because they do care about quality and Canadian job market.

Join me: Stop buying from the companies who outsource jobs out of Canada and appreciate the one who care about Canadian.
Productive and great workplace
B2B Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 January 2017
Daily interactions with great people. Awesome work environment, lots of positive energy and great culture to work in. Did B2B sales daily interacting with business owners. I love customer service so this was a great job. Very independent work
Pros
Great people
Cons
all commission
Productive and Rewarding Work Enviornment
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2017
A typical day involves promoting safety which involves demonstrating safe driving practices and using all PPE. Working professionally in installing and repairing all BELL services. Workplace involves a lot of problem solving skills, working under pressure, teamwork, being honest and discipline and energetic. We have a very supportive and reliable management team who constantly communicate with technicians to ensure their safety and also if any potential difficulty in doing the job. The hardest part of the job is maintaining a proper and healthy family/ work life balance. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of this job, being a level5 technician, is see the sense of satisfaction, relief , happiness resulting with smiles on the customers' faces after solving a prolong issue they were having.
Pros
Interactive, Room for advancement, Every job is unique
Cons
unhealthy family/ work life balance
Ever Changing and good problem solving abilities
Field Technician/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2017
This is an environment to help build and test your communication skills as well problem solving skills. Independent working with a great support team of managers and support call centre to make the customer experience better.
Great place to build a career
Senior Project Manager/Managing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 January 2017
Great company to build an interesting and lasting career. Great opportunities to work in various business units for broader understanding of the industry
Pros
Flexible wok schedule
Cons
Long hour, high intensity, pressure anc challenge
great workplace environment
Express-vu Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Don Mills, ON9 February 2017
it was a pleasure working with bell it is a very friendly and comfortable atmosphere management is also very helpful
bell tried us good so doing the job was pretty easy i didn't have any problems understanding my duties and performing them
Fast pace environement
Account Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 February 2017
Great benefits and schedule flexibility. Opportunity for advancement in many department, clean offices. Had the opportunity for apprenticeship with a grant. Salary is good for what is offered elsewhere in this industry.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Late hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BELL. Our community is ready to answer.

77%