BELL Employee Reviews

Productive and fun atmosphere
Client Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 November 2016
In a typical day, I would sell products and services to clients providing the benefits they require as well as going to the needs of the business. Throughout the day I would complete various administrative duties including respond to 30 or more incoming calls from customers. I'd assist with new and existing service orders, handle all inquires, questions, complaints and emails. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Short lunches and long hours
Very positive and challenging work environment.
Residential Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 December 2016
Working at Bell Canada was one of the most exciting and fun jobs I've had. The staff was always pleasant to work with. We were treated very well in terms of benefits and commissions. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of our job was touring the province in order to promote our residential services at big events such as the "Jazz Fest", the "Festival d'été" in Quebec City, and other large scale events across the province as well as small pop-up kiosks in malls which we would call "mall tours". When we would travel, all our expenses were paid including hotels, food, and $0.45/km traveled.
Benefits
Cons
Managment and business direction/rules/process change without consultation or notice
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
Very unprofessional company to work for or be partners with.
low morale in the company. Can not share thoughts which do not align with mgmt. you get fired!
Only interested in TOP execs filling their pockets
Pros
Largest Telco in Canada, Deals with Fortune 500 and Govt
Cons
poor compensation, lack focus on ensuring success of their employees and looking after them, high churn in customers and employees including top and middle management
Interesting, high-pressure job
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Work from Home3 November 2016
Working at bell was a change from my usual sales job, I quickly adapted to the data mining required for this job. Being proficient on the computer was an asset I had through my everyday life, so learning to do the specific actions I needed to do was a simple task. My boss was patient and thorough in his teaching and a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job would have been wrangling everyone's data together to make the weekly/monthly presentations. The most enjoyable was seeing all those parts coming together.
fast paced and competitive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham Ontario4 November 2016
I answered the phone and tried to answer any questions customers had with their phone bills. We took care of all errors or changes to phone bills as well as handled all the moving of telephones, installations and disconnections.
I also collected delinquent phone bills and we had to disconnect overdue accounts as well as try and collect previously disconnected accounts. This was all for residential customers.
Our job was to be the voice of Bell Canada
Pros
learned a lot of customer service skills
Cons
sales very competitive, often dealt with disgruntled customers
Good working experience
IP Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 October 2016
Management and co workers are very helpful and they do understand the need of employees. I would recommend this company as this is one of the best because its still saved from outsourcing IT jobs out of Canada. All credit good to management because they do care about quality and Canadian job market.

Join me: Stop buying from the companies who outsource jobs out of Canada and appreciate the one who care about Canadian.
Bell Canada Third Party
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  victoria park and esna park20 September 2016
Bell Canada was a third party office offering sales of products through a call center environment. I learned how to be organized with customers, meeting there satisfaction to the most, 100 calls a day. The hardest part about the job was it being far for travel with high school. The most enjoyable part was it being an office environment, and very comfortable, and excellent staff.
Cons
company relocated further, and was to long to travel with highschool
It was productive, learnt new skills and there was opportunities for growth.
Technical Support Specialist Level2 (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
Bell Canada is a large organization and has lot of opportunites in Internet, Tv and phone industry. I joined bell in a tech support team but gradually learned more skills, and moved to higher level support team where i was able to support the customer and clients for their, tv, Internet or phone issues. I learnt about fiber optic technology, and started to work in fibe tv and internet dept, and helped customer for their Internet, phone or tv inquiries. I worked 10+ years in Bell but bell shifted their support office to offshore companies and we all the team members were laid off from the bell service.
Pros
free coffe and tea, some time free lunch on holidays work
Cons
I was working 37.5 hrs in a week, and there was some over time available
Productive and interesting job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 September 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was the party at the end of the year with all employees. I learned the best way to sell services, my co-workers were so friendly. the hardest part of the job was when the system was down, we used to take notes of each call and do the report once the system was restored. There used to be a lot of change in management.
Pros
Free Pizza most of Fridays
Cons
stay long time on the last call at the end of the shift
An alright place to work sometimes
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2016
To many unrealistic rules with kpi standards and metric's to follow without really focusing on the fact that you can really do the job to please the customer and made the customer satisfied. From 2012 that's when it started to go downhill and you really started to notice change that was not for the better but for the worse.
Pros
Own work station's
Cons
KPI's
Review
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2016
Typical day at work include;
updating products and services that have been promoted and coming on to the market for knowledge and customer introduction.

managing customer questions, concerns and problem solving each situation to best service and retain customer satisfaction.

Sale products and services by recognizing each customer need or want as well as increasing sales revenue for business.

cooperating and participating as team player with all staff by providing knowledge support and guidance.

End of day balancing and reconciling invoices.
Pros
continuous staff support
Cons
sunday hours
A Bit Cut Throat
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB10 August 2016
As a commission sales driven culture working here tends to be cut throat and a bit underhanded at times. Management is extremely top heavy. When sales targets aren't being met the CEO will berate the marketing team who in tern will berate the national managers who will turn around and etc, The problem being that the anger flows down but the explanations never made it back up as was the case in Alberta when the oil field crashed and no one was spending money.

On the plus side they do offer a decent training program, benefits package, and competative commissions structure.
Pros
commissions, training
Cons
top heavy management
Fun Place
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 November 2016
Bell is a very fun place to work at since I get to communicate with other employers and become friends with them. I get to help agents reset or give them access to 90 aps that Bell provides. The work load can be fast paced but sometimes it can be slow as well.
Pros
Interacting with my colleages.
Cons
Too much idling in the afternoon.
Good people, great place to work.
Sales Representative - Enterprise SWAT Team (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2016
Penetrate enterprise accounts that were previously assigned and could not be penetrated (80% success rate). I learned there is opportunity in every account, if you dig deep enough. Always up for a challenge. Good employees creating a high close ratio team environment.
Pros
winning
Cons
driving in traffic
Productive, fun workplace great amenities, and great employees
Project Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2016
- Great work environment for 8 hour work days
- I've learned a lot about the company
- toughest part in the job may be producing numbers but no issue so far
- most enjoyable part of the job, coming in to great people, with a fantastic work environment and great work
Communication skill enhancing - technical and verbal
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 September 2016
Working for Bell was probably the best start to a career I could have asked for. I quite enjoyed my experience and having the ability to work with all types of the population and make every attempt to ensure a positive result for the customer and myself.
Pros
Commission
Cons
slow growth potential
Fuan and productive
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 October 2016
It was really fun working at Bell as I learned the closing techniques at this job. I am always thankful to have been able to master my sales abilities with customers while providing them the telephone services. It was a great challenge and i loved it. But it didn't last long.
Pros
Flexible hours
Bell
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carbonear, NL22 November 2016
My typical day at Bell would consist of a lot of competition with fellow co workers for commission. Customers were great to see coming into the store. Always learned something new with working at bell, taking on new training with new products. couldn't ask for better management when I was there.
Great work environment
Transmission Tester (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 July 2016
32 years worth of dealing on daily basis with internal and external customers working on telephone cable networks. Also many years experience with Fibre optics build and installation of systems to further customer needs.
Service and support of 600 plus users within IS/IT department offering installation, support and service of desktop systems including networks and servers within the Province of Ontario
Extremely satisfying work...
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2016
- Customer services
- How to manage stress and keep customers happy
- Management was extremely helpful and highly professional
- Co-workers were friendly and understanding
- No part I found hard enough to deviate me off my job
- Talking with customers, especially difficult ones:-)