BELL Employee Reviews

Productive and interesting job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 7, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was the party at the end of the year with all employees. I learned the best way to sell services, my co-workers were so friendly. the hardest part of the job was when the system was down, we used to take notes of each call and do the report once the system was restored. There used to be a lot of change in management.
Pros
Free Pizza most of Fridays
Cons
stay long time on the last call at the end of the shift
Bell Canada Third Party
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  victoria park and esna parkSeptember 20, 2016
Bell Canada was a third party office offering sales of products through a call center environment. I learned how to be organized with customers, meeting there satisfaction to the most, 100 calls a day. The hardest part about the job was it being far for travel with high school. The most enjoyable part was it being an office environment, and very comfortable, and excellent staff.
Cons
company relocated further, and was to long to travel with highschool
Review
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2016
Typical day at work include;
updating products and services that have been promoted and coming on to the market for knowledge and customer introduction.

managing customer questions, concerns and problem solving each situation to best service and retain customer satisfaction.

Sale products and services by recognizing each customer need or want as well as increasing sales revenue for business.

cooperating and participating as team player with all staff by providing knowledge support and guidance.

End of day balancing and reconciling invoices.
Pros
continuous staff support
Cons
sunday hours
A Bit Cut Throat
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABAugust 10, 2016
As a commission sales driven culture working here tends to be cut throat and a bit underhanded at times. Management is extremely top heavy. When sales targets aren't being met the CEO will berate the marketing team who in tern will berate the national managers who will turn around and etc, The problem being that the anger flows down but the explanations never made it back up as was the case in Alberta when the oil field crashed and no one was spending money.

On the plus side they do offer a decent training program, benefits package, and competative commissions structure.
Pros
commissions, training
Cons
top heavy management
Great work environment
Transmission Tester (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 19, 2016
32 years worth of dealing on daily basis with internal and external customers working on telephone cable networks. Also many years experience with Fibre optics build and installation of systems to further customer needs.
Service and support of 600 plus users within IS/IT department offering installation, support and service of desktop systems including networks and servers within the Province of Ontario
Productive and fun workplace and always up to date with the next new phone
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJuly 12, 2016
Working for Bell has been rewarding in terms of building experience and relationships with other individuals. There are daily routines that one must follow in order to have a successful day. A lot of cold calls to make and a lot of interactions with customers which itself can be rewarding because you meet very interesting individuals. Management is good and the co-workers were fun and great to work with.
Pros
Free demo line
Na
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 6, 2016
Further to my resume, I had many wonderful co-workers and we worked together so well as one team. The hardest part that we dealt with on a daily basis was the so called "red tape" , it was frustrating at times, all you wanted to do was move forward with your project however there were many steps of approval. I believe these steps could have been less painful at time and fewer steps.
The most enjoyable part of the job is watching a project move from idea to launch and knowing that you had part in the project cycle.
The internal and external customer was always my main focus, always asking the question "how will this impact the customer?"
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Review of Bell
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 17, 2016
I had the honour and privilege of working there for 16 years. I thoroughly enjoyed the people and the tasks that I was given.

In my years I was given the chance to hone my people skills. I learned the importance of saying "Thank you". Something as simple as saying thank you goes a long way in instilling a culture of respect and trust amongst ones employees. I would like to think that we had this in the group that I created, lead and supported.

In all, Bell was a very positive experience on my own development and for that I am thankful
FUN and Social
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QCJune 15, 2016
I got to meet a lot of people every day, even people from different towns who come to see the Canadian of Montreal practice. Often there was also people from different country who came for the hockey or soccer competition.
There were fun time for the workers too, activities outside of work time to get to know each other better. As employees we were all a big family, we got along great even with the employers.
Communication skill enhancing - technical and verbal
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 11, 2016
Working for Bell was probably the best start to a career I could have asked for. I quite enjoyed my experience and having the ability to work with all types of the population and make every attempt to ensure a positive result for the customer and myself.
Pros
Commission
Cons
slow growth potential
productive
Sales Consultant/ A.I.T department (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 20, 2016
we mostly answer calls and fix problem
we learn how to multitaske
management are always here when we need help
co-worker are wonderfull
hardest part of the job is almost every thing you need to pay attention at every details
what I enjoy about the job is that its works on all your skills
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lack of trainning
Productive & rewarding
Final Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 26, 2016
I worked in final accounts. closing people telephone service
Great customer service skills. How to deal with all sorts of personalities.Management was always there to help if necessary.
Great co-workers.
Hardest part was being told off if I HAD to close account because of balances.
Having a feeling of accomplishment.
Then Moved to the US
Very competitive, workload-heavy, professional job.
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  GTA, ONJune 1, 2016
A typical day at work would be commuting to your designated location (mall, event, MDUs) and setting up your kiosk. Greeting customers and selling home services such as TV, internet, home phone from your kiosk. I usually work alone, unless we are located at major events such as Ribfest, Taste of Aisa, etc. Management and co-workers are very friendly and understanding. The hardest part of the job is commuting with such a big kiosk (If you are bussing) and dealing with a whole entire shift without a sale, as the job is commission-only based. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fun atmosphere and building interprofessional relationships with your customers.
Pros
Friendly, fun professional work environment
Cons
Commission-only based Pay
Best wireless company to work for
BELL AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 29, 2016
I provided Best Buy, Futureshop and Wal-Mart wireless reps with new product information and phone bundles.

I learned a lot about creating a buzz for new products, managing other staff members and promoting services. Also, this job was a great experience and taught me how to be successful working independently.
Pros
Having new products in order to provide exceptional product knowledge
fun workplace
Loyalty and Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJuly 2, 2016
Long hour shift might drain your brain due to frustrated and angry customers yelling at you for resolution on bills and other issues.I learnt how to be patience , rapour with customer on calls despite their angry mood, punctuality, training and adaptation to constant change of schedules.
Friendly agents and cool work environment .
Bell Residential Specialist
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  255 young streetMay 19, 2016
Worked with Bell Canada for 2 years.

Great place for getting experience. NO ADVANCEMENT AT ALL!!! or takes to long for it to even happen.
Pay started at $11.25 an hour plus commission. made about $4000 a month at the Toronto Eaton Center.

Plus benefits kick in after 3 months. 90% of dental and 70% is medical.

amazing place to work out. lots of competition...

good luck!!!
Pros
35% off Bell service, Great benefits
Cons
Long Hours, Worst Management.
Bell - Pride to be part of the company
DMA Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 14, 2016
I usually start my job at 9.30, excellent place to work especially when we resolve customer issues the appreciation we get from customers. It is premier telecom company with the latest technology called Fibe which is reliable & eliminates interruptions.
We have great team members to help us in times of difficulty especially in situation where in a customer service has been disconnected due to technical issues, talking to various departments to get the issue resolved and make sure his basic services are running so that he has access to at-least 911 services in case of any emergencies.
we have numerous summer events like barbecue get-togethers, mental health awareness programs, walk to promote various issues relating to kids etc
Productive work environment at Bell
TECHNICAL SUPPORT AGENT (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 27, 2016
Working at Bell allowed me to improve my customer service and technical support skills for all clients. I was able to take a manager role for a few months and enjoyed having the opportunity. Typical day at work would be receiving inbound calls helping customers with their technical support issues.
Steady income, but constantly pushed to achieve higher sales quotas
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 17, 2016
The push for sales is highly pushed upon sales reps. constant push for higher sales quotas each week. High paced. Team work was enjoyable. social environment on the street door to door could be fun depending on your mood.
Pros
good teamwork skills
Cons
long hours, constant put downs in team meetings by manager
Fun and Challenging
Senior Technical Support Agent/Blue Prints team (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 25, 2016
Monday is the best because the day goes by quickly.
I start by logging in to my computer checking emails reading some notes.After I start to organize the programs/tools that I use for the day. Then I prepare to log on the phone and the days starts by taking calls and assisting customers whatever their request is.