BELL Employee Reviews

experience sales people beware....
Salesman (Former Employee) –  various5 January 2017
Having worked at Bell over three separate times this is the worse. Bell 'sub-contracts' the function to PCS who is the employer and the culture is cutthroat for numbers , not listening to feedback on locations, and just simple bad management in this organizational matrix situation.
Bell employees have priority to your sales and lost commissions and reported but nothing done.

Good entry position to see if you are a 'sale-person' but anyone with experience would not put up with the situation
Pros
Pay is in bank on time all the time
Cons
management, sales locations, people and strategy
Bell Aliant, Was it really a Good Place.
Owner/Manager (Current Employee) –  Digby, NS16 January 2017
If you work for the company maybe, but I was always a Contractor. Benefits are the Demo's, a few trips, and nothing else. I got paid once a month, we were very sales driven, and it was difficult to meet the expected out comes in the rural markets in the later years. As competition increased, they keep trying to squeeze more our of their people for less. Telecommunications continues to be competitive and limited rewards.
Pros
Pro's Free Cell and Internet Demo Lines, a Few trips.
Cons
Long hours at times, no benefit package.
Opportunity to grow with the company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 January 2017
Great traning program and coaching by management
good incentive program,good employee culture to get you motivated.Fairly good benefits. Good amount of time off.
Pros
Nice people to work with and great environment, Hours were pretty great too due to the balance and number of individuals working
Cons
The management might ask for too much at times and provide little assistance in other situation, Sometimes management seems disorganized
fun team environment
Team Lead ­ Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2017
Helped prioritize work schedules and delegated assignments and developed solutions as part of quality management team.
Easily establish rapport with people of all ages, cultures, and beliefs.
Analyzed economic conditions, business trends and potential markets. Excellent motivational, planning and communication skills, with proven results building winning teams that exceed objectives.
Technically oriented - resourceful in problem solving and strategic planning to alleviate problems and took initiative in evaluating opportunities for team members.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no team working
No respect for employees.
Telecommunications Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON13 January 2017
Forced Overtime. Disciplined if cant make it in for OT because of personal obligations. Late notice night before schedule changes.The company can't forecast the workload properly. Lies to customers sometimes to get a sale. Company wastes money on tracking, and pointless programs that don't help the technicians but in fact make their job more difficult and stressful. Poor communication at BTS. No respect for humanity and values.
Enjoy working outside, and dealing with different troubles and troubleshooting.
Pros
Lots of OT
Cons
Don't respect their employees
Sales Consultant
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 January 2017
This is a great job opportunity for young students but not something one should seek as a permanent career. There is maximum salary set that you can never surpass and the commission structure is frequently being changed to make sales less lucrative. The company says it likes to promote within and you can make it to head office but that is untrue for a large portion of the scenarios. Essentially Bell likes to think up new ways for workers to DO MORE while being PAID LESS.
Very positive and challenging work environment.
Residential Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 December 2016
Working at Bell Canada was one of the most exciting and fun jobs I've had. The staff was always pleasant to work with. We were treated very well in terms of benefits and commissions. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of our job was touring the province in order to promote our residential services at big events such as the "Jazz Fest", the "Festival d'été" in Quebec City, and other large scale events across the province as well as small pop-up kiosks in malls which we would call "mall tours". When we would travel, all our expenses were paid including hotels, food, and $0.45/km traveled.
Benefits
Typical Day
Systems Architect (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 December 2016
1.Meet clients and provide pre-sales engineering.
2.Discuss design requirements with client and internal teams.
3.Create project charter.
3.Design a solution to meet the challenge.
4.Prepare written proposal, documentation, drawings and presentations.
5. Obtain customer approval of technical design and proposal.
6. Create a project and implementation plan.
7. Install and validate the design.
8. Ongoing solution design change prime.
Fast paced work environment
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 January 2017
A typical day at work was taking client care calls, resolving billing issues, and helping customers make other chances to their mobile phone account as well as minor troubleshooting
-I learned a lot about cell phones such as Apple, Android, Blackberry. Also learnt a lot about troubleshooting each kind of phones mentioned above. Moreover also learnt a lot about how to calm upset customers as well as little up-sells of newer features and plans company would offer over the course of time. I learnt how to explain things in visual detail with my words as we were to help customers over the phone.
At times having free lunch and games as well as meeting a lot of great people to work with was the most enjoyable part of the job.
great workplace
Business Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL21 January 2017
I worked with Bell Aliant for 29 years and retired in December 2016. I enjoyed my work there, the people were great. The company offered a retirement package and I applied and didn't expect to get it but i did, therefore I had no choice but retire. It was a high demanding position with dispatching technicians for offshore, troubles with major companies across Newfoundland & Labrador.
Managment and business direction/rules/process change without consultation or notice
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
Very unprofessional company to work for or be partners with.
low morale in the company. Can not share thoughts which do not align with mgmt. you get fired!
Only interested in TOP execs filling their pockets
Pros
Largest Telco in Canada, Deals with Fortune 500 and Govt
Cons
poor compensation, lack focus on ensuring success of their employees and looking after them, high churn in customers and employees including top and middle management
Productive and fun atmosphere
Client Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 November 2016
In a typical day, I would sell products and services to clients providing the benefits they require as well as going to the needs of the business. Throughout the day I would complete various administrative duties including respond to 30 or more incoming calls from customers. I'd assist with new and existing service orders, handle all inquires, questions, complaints and emails. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Short lunches and long hours
Interesting, high-pressure job
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Work from Home3 November 2016
Working at bell was a change from my usual sales job, I quickly adapted to the data mining required for this job. Being proficient on the computer was an asset I had through my everyday life, so learning to do the specific actions I needed to do was a simple task. My boss was patient and thorough in his teaching and a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job would have been wrangling everyone's data together to make the weekly/monthly presentations. The most enjoyable was seeing all those parts coming together.
fast paced and competitive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham Ontario4 November 2016
I answered the phone and tried to answer any questions customers had with their phone bills. We took care of all errors or changes to phone bills as well as handled all the moving of telephones, installations and disconnections.
I also collected delinquent phone bills and we had to disconnect overdue accounts as well as try and collect previously disconnected accounts. This was all for residential customers.
Our job was to be the voice of Bell Canada
Pros
learned a lot of customer service skills
Cons
sales very competitive, often dealt with disgruntled customers
Great work environment
Bell Field Sales (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 January 2017
This job was great! There was many benefits to working outside with your team. Pursuing and track clients was always rewarding. Door to door sales, 100% commission is can be a great opportunity. I have done commission only door to door sales for four summers. It has treated me really well. 100% commission especially in a door to door environment allows you to get paid what you are worth.

You control how many doors you knock on in a day. You control the attitude and presentation you deliver at the door. Quite honestly, it becomes a numbers game. The more doors you knock with a positive attitude the more money you will make. A company isn't going to let you go for one bad day of sales, but they also don't want slackers dragging down their other sales representatives.
Pros
Good schedule
Cons
Work during bad weather
It was productive, learnt new skills and there was opportunities for growth.
Technical Support Specialist Level2 (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
Bell Canada is a large organization and has lot of opportunites in Internet, Tv and phone industry. I joined bell in a tech support team but gradually learned more skills, and moved to higher level support team where i was able to support the customer and clients for their, tv, Internet or phone issues. I learnt about fiber optic technology, and started to work in fibe tv and internet dept, and helped customer for their Internet, phone or tv inquiries. I worked 10+ years in Bell but bell shifted their support office to offshore companies and we all the team members were laid off from the bell service.
Pros
free coffe and tea, some time free lunch on holidays work
Cons
I was working 37.5 hrs in a week, and there was some over time available
Good working experience
IP Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 October 2016
Management and co workers are very helpful and they do understand the need of employees. I would recommend this company as this is one of the best because its still saved from outsourcing IT jobs out of Canada. All credit good to management because they do care about quality and Canadian job market.

Join me: Stop buying from the companies who outsource jobs out of Canada and appreciate the one who care about Canadian.
No work life balance
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
Be prepared to work 6/7 days week. Banked hours are guaranteed honoured 30 days in advance. Contract has a lot of loopholes that Bell exploits. Days are unrealistically packed with work.

Managers and co workers are awesome and helpful.
Pros
mangers and coworkers
Cons
no work life balance, hard to take days off, no rest, other dept not helpful
Bell Canada Third Party
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  victoria park and esna park20 September 2016
Bell Canada was a third party office offering sales of products through a call center environment. I learned how to be organized with customers, meeting there satisfaction to the most, 100 calls a day. The hardest part about the job was it being far for travel with high school. The most enjoyable part was it being an office environment, and very comfortable, and excellent staff.
Cons
company relocated further, and was to long to travel with highschool
An alright place to work sometimes
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2016
To many unrealistic rules with kpi standards and metric's to follow without really focusing on the fact that you can really do the job to please the customer and made the customer satisfied. From 2012 that's when it started to go downhill and you really started to notice change that was not for the better but for the worse.
Pros
Own work station's
Cons
KPI's