BELL Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun place to work
Customer care specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 23, 2016
Fun place to work, customer service related. Employees off work gathering and activities. Bonuses and very good benefits. Great support from management team.
Pros
A lot of fun and great relationship within employees
Cons
Irate customers can get really disrespectful
Did this as a father's day gift for my dad who worked for bell for 40 years
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 22, 2016
Did a one year contract with Bell. The job was okay but as a call centre whose primary focus is draining their customers dry, it's a little gloomy. I wouldn't recommend if you have a soul.
Pros
great pay.
Cons
blood sucking savages.
productive
Sales Consultant/ A.I.T department (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 20, 2016
we mostly answer calls and fix problem
we learn how to multitaske
management are always here when we need help
co-worker are wonderfull
hardest part of the job is almost every thing you need to pay attention at every details
what I enjoy about the job is that its works on all your skills
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lack of trainning
Review
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2016
Typical day at work include;
updating products and services that have been promoted and coming on to the market for knowledge and customer introduction.

managing customer questions, concerns and problem solving each situation to best service and retain customer satisfaction.

Sale products and services by recognizing each customer need or want as well as increasing sales revenue for business.

cooperating and participating as team player with all staff by providing knowledge support and guidance.

End of day balancing and reconciling invoices.
Pros
continuous staff support
Cons
sunday hours
unethical
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2016
As much as I enjoyed working for Bell, I also hated the fact that some of things done for clients were unethical. Franchise's goal was just to make money and customer's best interest was widely ignored.
Good Job Security, not fun culture
Employer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 12, 2016
Bell is a a good place for job security, but the culture is not good. They don't provide a lot of training which means that they don't invest in people
Fast-paced, sales-driven enviroment
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONAugust 11, 2016
Great place to work if you wish to gain experience as working as part of a team. Ability to make a lot of money for a part-time job, as well as great benefit and vacation.
Pros
Great people, great benefits, great money
Cons
Management is not heavily involved in their duties
A sweatshop
GIS Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 10, 2016
3 month contract as a GIS technician with marketing analytics.
- They paid $100/day for 12+ hours, and I was expected to attend unpaid training on weekends
- A f***ing sweatshop, I'd rather go homeless than work there again
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Everything else
An evil organization
Direct Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 10, 2016
Terrible company, only accept from Nordia if your desperate for a job. no notice on schedule, sales targets that change once you get close. Managers with huge personal issues to which they take out on workers.
Pros
non
Cons
tons
A Bit Cut Throat
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABAugust 10, 2016
As a commission sales driven culture working here tends to be cut throat and a bit underhanded at times. Management is extremely top heavy. When sales targets aren't being met the CEO will berate the marketing team who in tern will berate the national managers who will turn around and etc, The problem being that the anger flows down but the explanations never made it back up as was the case in Alberta when the oil field crashed and no one was spending money.

On the plus side they do offer a decent training program, benefits package, and competative commissions structure.
Pros
commissions, training
Cons
top heavy management
fun place to work great people
Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 23, 2016
I enjoy working at Bell , but my department got relocated. You have a great potential to grow and full benefit the managers are there to support you and head office will give you programs you can access remotely to further your career.
Pros
bonus monthly
Cons
37.5 hours weekly
Great work environment
Transmission Tester (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 19, 2016
32 years worth of dealing on daily basis with internal and external customers working on telephone cable networks. Also many years experience with Fibre optics build and installation of systems to further customer needs.
Service and support of 600 plus users within IS/IT department offering installation, support and service of desktop systems including networks and servers within the Province of Ontario
Fast Paced
Field Sales Strategy Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 18, 2016
Bell Canada is a fast paced work environment that will provide you new and exciting challenges on a daily basis. The people here are fantastic to work with.
Productive and fun workplace and always up to date with the next new phone
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJuly 12, 2016
Working for Bell has been rewarding in terms of building experience and relationships with other individuals. There are daily routines that one must follow in order to have a successful day. A lot of cold calls to make and a lot of interactions with customers which itself can be rewarding because you meet very interesting individuals. Management is good and the co-workers were fun and great to work with.
Pros
Free demo line
Great environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 10, 2016
Bell is a great place to work, the environment is ideal for your development. I really enjoyed my time at Bell and I strongly recommend them to people around me.
Ok place
Video Conferencing and Audio Visual Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2016
Working as a contract worker with no benefits. Contract is secure but no room for advancement as it is difficult to actually get hired by the company to move and grow within the corporation.
Pros
Light workload
Cons
No benefits for contract
Bell Canada
Service Escalation Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 6, 2016
Excellent employer with good benefits. Good work life balance and fair pay. Fast moving environment. Many courses provided to ensure job knowledge and proficiency.
Na
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 6, 2016
Further to my resume, I had many wonderful co-workers and we worked together so well as one team. The hardest part that we dealt with on a daily basis was the so called "red tape" , it was frustrating at times, all you wanted to do was move forward with your project however there were many steps of approval. I believe these steps could have been less painful at time and fewer steps.
The most enjoyable part of the job is watching a project move from idea to launch and knowing that you had part in the project cycle.
The internal and external customer was always my main focus, always asking the question "how will this impact the customer?"
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 4, 2016
People are very friendly. Great customer service experience. everyone is always willing to help. Great place to work
Pros
commisions
Cons
short lunch
fun workplace
Loyalty and Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJuly 2, 2016
Long hour shift might drain your brain due to frustrated and angry customers yelling at you for resolution on bills and other issues.I learnt how to be patience , rapour with customer on calls despite their angry mood, punctuality, training and adaptation to constant change of schedules.
Friendly agents and cool work environment .