BELL

BELL Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company
Partner Management Group/Trainer/Quality Prime (Former Employee), PeiSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: alot of traveling
Amazing company to work for, when working for them I did a lot of traveling but there were no issues when I needed to go home for an unexpected reason. The pay is great and so is the rest of the staff that I had the pleasure to work with.
Postive Energetic Professional work environemnt with fabulous employee incentives
Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton , OntarioSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great incentives
Cons: tons of e-mails daily
- A typical day at work would be spent out on the floor interacting with my team. IE coaching , mentoring, keeping the floor motivated to meet or exceed the goals for the day and making sure that we have fun doing so. Administrative stuff was mostly done first thing on arrival to the office and just before leaving to ensure time was spent with the team

- – more... I worked with a great group of managers. We were very supportive of each other and our teams. We were all very motivated and driven individuals who thrived on being on top. We worked separately yet together. Our success or failures were measured collectively as we seen ourselves as one big team. During our time at Bell Canada were one of their small satellite office and were one of the most successful sites. We had the opportunity to run our site on our own for almost a year and we still managed to be on top without having any senior management.

-What I learned is that you are only as successful as the people you have working for you. That everyone contributes to the teams success.

- The hardest part of the job was the corporate red type that we needed to go through to implement changes as this process could be very lengthy sometimes.

- The most enjoyable part of my job is watching an agent grow and develop and eventually move on to bigger and better things.

- Management at Bell always had an open door policy which was nice. They were always willing to hear any new ideas or suggestions to improve the business. When we had meetings they were fun yet y productive and informative. Everyone always left feeling motivated, supported and ready to handle the challenge of the day/week .Our goals were clear and we always had a collective plan to ensure that met or exceed them. – less
Nice environment and Good commission
Sales Representative/ Door to Door Sales (Former Employee), Missisauga, ONAugust 29, 2014
Pros: *base + commission pay and flexibility
Meetings every week*
Very flexible*
Door To Door sales*
Nice co workers
Bell Canada Management
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Bell, ONAugust 27, 2014
Working at Bell Canada has given me the chance to work in a diverse and team oriented atmosphere. This type of structure has produced a positive partnership with my peers, as well as management, to achieve excellence in customer service while building a great working environment The Site Sales Manager position involved researching, developing and, implementing – more... new strategies for the centre to increase revenue and customer appreciation. Motivating representatives to get on-board with creative new ideas and innovative approaches enabled our company to exceed our key objectives. We achieved this through planning, promoting and executing special events for the centre such as sales conferences and product launches. This in turn created a great working environment for our employees as well as clients and shareholders. As a result of our focused fore-casting we were able to observe an average 224% increase in KPI motivators (avg. year over year) Productivity, campaigns and incentive programs were implemented to motivate all staff across all our lines of business. – less
a very busy office, that was closed due to centralization.
Operator Services (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONAugust 27, 2014
Pros: good salary and be3nefits, many social activities
Cons: shift work, and downsizing
I enjoyed the contact with several hundred customers on a weekly basis. The job was fast-paced an engaging.

The hardest part of the job was the shift work
Great Company
Manager Customer Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 19, 2014
I was fortunate to experience many positions throught my career with Bell Canada>

I was fotunate enough to have a group of managers that supported my desire to move ahead in this company and ecouraged me to take specific courses provided by bell which i did and it exceled my career forward from a customer records an billing clerk to a mailing machime – more... operator into the installation and repair department into the control centre dispacting installers and repairmen to managing crews of both, then back inside to managing the test boards for our data circuits, then to my final stop in my Bell career as a Customer Systems Engineer this all took place in a short span of 17years. When I decided i needed a change and took a volunteer seperation package.

The best par of my experience with Bell Canada was the managers that belieed in me ad supported the decisions i made to move forward, they not only encouraged the assisted me in achieving my goals.

If i had the opportunity to work for them again i would in a heartbeat! – less
Installation of LTE modem
Network Technician (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 18, 2014
we are installing LTE modem with the Crossover company under contract with bell in the residential areas. we mount the ODU in the walls and connect ODU with IDU by Cat5.
Great company to work for
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 17, 2014
long hours, great company, good benefits, stock options. Had a great boss, co-workers were great.
Great place to work.
Various (Former Employee), Kingston, ON, Toronto, OnAugust 15, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: long hours and travel
I worked for Bell for 31 + years and did various jobs during that time. I worked in different cities and sometimes travel was part of the job. The most rewarding was the last 10 years working with the municipalities, police, fire and ambulance agencies throughout Ontario implementing 911. The hours were sometimes long, but in the end we were saving – more... lives and that was what it was all about. – less
Fast Paced and Fun Place to Work
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 13, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: job security/advancement
Bell is a Fast Paced and Fun Place to work where every customer interaction is different. There is a Great Work/Life Balance with the Flexible Schedule. The management was Great to work for the biggest area of improvement would be in the Advancement in the Company.
Exciting and productive work environment that produced amazing sales and an exceptional team environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 12, 2014
An exciting and team oriented environment that allowed for a positive client experience.

Through extensive Bell training, I learned that hiring the best of the best can only contribute to the ongoing success of the company. Engaged, positive and happy team members makes the client experience exceptional rather than mediocre.

My co-workers/staff were – more... my second family. They were a uniquely efficient and creative teams that inspired me daily to do my best in an effort to lead them by example.

I enjoyed every minute of my job. – less
One of the worlds best companies to work for
Direct Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 11, 2014
One of the worlds best companies to work for, professionally managed and excellent human resource department.
Could be great, leaves much to be desired.
Sales Associate, The Source (Current Employee), Bell, ONAugust 11, 2014
For such a large company, you'd think they'd hire management that'd treat their staff better. Long shifts in a hot location with no air conditioning, breaks that are shorter than law requires, awful management attitude.
good place to work.
MANAGER, BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 8, 2014
good place to work.good place to work.good place to work.good place to work.good place to work.
my professional life
Montreal, Qc (Current Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCAugust 5, 2014
I'll like finish my job completely before going homme, so I'm very organized for that. Everyday, I have something to learn because in my job I have to give technical support and maintenance for many instruments. My hardest jobs of work is when I have to finish what my colleague started if he didn't do his job well.
And the most enjoyable part of my – more... job is when I Finnish my maintenance ou technical support with success. – less
Productive and hands and mind On.
Cable Technician (Current Employee), London, ONJuly 30, 2014
Pros: every shift is different
Cons: sometimes working in neg. 30 celcius cant be torture
A typical day of work includes the use of many personal and job specific skills. Working alone and on a team at different times of the day but almost always with zero supervision a day allows me to prove my efficiency and drive to succeed within both a technical and hands on approach.
maybe another life time
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), toronto onJuly 25, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: too much
too much demanding --- there is no human interactions, they expect you to be a robot
Fun friendly work environment with excellent management.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), West Vancouver, BC, CanadaJuly 24, 2014
Pros: occasional free lunch if you performed well on a specific day.
Cons: inconsistent scheduling/hours.
A typical day at work consists of greeting new/existing clients who need a new phone, are looking to bundle bell services, technical support with devices, etc. Taking care of back end stuff ie. Inventory check, stock recieving, etc.

Working in sales, I learned it is very important to listen to what the client is saying. Find out what the clients needs – more... are, and find the best solution for them. Sometimes, the latest and greatest product won't be the best for every client.

As far as management goes I've been lucky enough to have awesome managers at all my jobs. This one in particular, as they (3 separate managers since starting at Bell) know just what to do/say to help you improve as a person as well as help increase efficiency/effectiveness.

Co-workers have been great as well. I've gotten to know/learn a lot about the people I've worked with at Bell and their all very nice people. I've made a few friendships outside of work, through the company during my time there.

The most difficult part of the job was the pressure to hit a (high) target in a low traffic area. Although the store and mall had seen a decline in clientele, targets were the same as the year prior to construction (if not higher) in some cases. That being said, I was able to maintain good numbers with the company during my time there.

The job had many enjoyable parts, but, being around genuinely friendly colleagues who weren't out to take your sale, instead work as a team and help team-sell was very important to me. Management knowing when the team needed a morale boost was also very important. – less
Enjoyable, fast paced, highly productive and newly rennovated break rooms
Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2014
Pros: benefits, coffee stations
Cons: long hours
The greatest benefit working at Bell was the experience received working in a fast past, constantly changing environment. Dealing with different projects and initiatives and change in direction made me alert and allowed me to develop skills in prioritization and managing expectations.

I learned that you can not please everyone at all times, however – more... providing guidelines and setting work back schedules allowed me to provide all partners involved the progress made on projects as well as completion dates and milestones achieved.

I would spend the beginning part of the day responding to e-mails and handling any outstanding issues or last minute demands.
I would prioritize what I would needed to complete for that day. In conjunction with my weekly plans this helped me with organizing my schedule.

I had the option of taking 30 minutes or 1 hr for lunch and coffee, tea, water was readily available.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was the recognition we received for a job well done, not to mention the colleagues I had were all wonderful.

It was an open environment and we had the ability to speak with VPs, Directors and management freely.

The company took care of providing break room facilities where they provided TVs, ipads, pool tables, and other activities to spend time and relax. – less
productive with get co-workers
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 14, 2014
A typical day would consist of you coming to work and preparing yourself to be on the sales floor, clocking in yourself in and checking your work email for any new promotions and sales to pitch at the customers to getting them to sign up with Bell.

I learned the connection you must make with a customers in order to make sales and weekly targets. how – more... to open and close stores. preparing the sales floor.

Management was always there over looking the sales floor and if you where stuck in a situations with a customer the mangers would either take over or help guide you through it and after they would give you pointers and tips on how to deal with it next time.

My co-works where very open and always willing to help you close a sale or if you need help doing tasks they would always be there to give you a hand.

Hardest part was when you were trying to close a sales with a customer but that was also the best part cause it gave you a challenge and made you feel good when you closed it.

The most enjoyable, part was the people I worked with. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About BELL

Bell Canada, commonly shortened to "Bell", is a major Canadian telecommunications company. Including its subsidiaries – Read more