BELL Employee Reviews

Life at Bell
Technical Solutions Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 9, 2016
Working at Bell taught me a great deal about cellular technology, how to communicate, and deal with difficult customers.
Good career opportunities, and programs like education services to promote career growth.
Most of my managers provided excellent support. Helping to build confidence, providing critical feedback, and coaching.
The hardest part about the job, was dealing with extremely high call volumes, maintaining difficult average handle time, with minimal external support.
The most enjoyable aspect, helping customers, working with a great team, and developing an excellent rapport with management and peers.
had all the fun things gym,play room pool tables ect,, just no time to enjoy them.
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBFebruary 3, 2016
Had to be in 10 minutes before to log in to many of our different apps we worked threw and get ready to receive a high volume of calls I was Loyalty Retention so my job was a little more stressful since I was the one they not only called to cancel services if they had problems or better prices else where , bills never the same on a monthly basis so alot of irate customers so in certain cases we could offer a Promotion on theyre services like money off they,re bill that usually helped some what did help was to have good social skills and to understand where they,re coming from also .My job was not only to save my customer but to also up sell, for exemple the telephone if they didn,t have it I,d have to try to convince them it would be at there benefit to have it ,my sales were pretty good I made bonuses that part of the job working with people on the phone and multitasking I loved .
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Not for a person like me
Productive environment where the customer was number one and employees were treated with respect.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 25, 2016
I have learned just about everything there is to know about customer service in this company. The days at work were intense and required attentiveness at all time. This of course was all in the spirit of giving excellent service to he customer.
Management was attentive to employees and always available to better the service.
Co-workers were great people with the same objectives ready and willing to share responsibilities.
The most difficult part of the job, keeping the customers and employees 100% satisfied, was also the most enjoyable and challenging.
Benefits
Cons
Too few hours - 32 1/2 hours work week
Fast paced environment with challenging job expectations
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 16, 2015
On a daily basis a representative would speak to various types of customers with a wide range of issues and complaints. Often the client is irate and would require a creative solution with a compassionate approach for the outcome to be successful. Management also expects each call to be a handled under a short time frame with a sales attempt while following a very specific call flow guideline/application. Agents also must use and be familiar with over 15 different tools/applications to handle their daily calls. The quality of a representative's performance is also based on their customers' feedback.

I learned how to:
-multi-task
-deescalate any situation and/or individuals
-quickly create creative solutions

To management, you are just a number

Hardest part:
-meeting all the performance requirements, satisfying customers and remaining positive within a time constraint

Most enjoyable part:
-friendly and supportive teammates/co-workers
Pros
Good pay & incentives with reasonable benefits
Cons
Stressful with lack of recognition, job security and advancements
Not a friendly place to work
Wireless Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 7, 2016
Poor benefits and lack of teamwork. Management attendance was poor and sales staff was always angry at each other. Worked there for almost 4 years and no one was promoted from within. Instead new management was hired from outside all the time. When new staff replacement arrives, they have no clue of what's going on and most of them end up quitting within 4 months.
unethical employment practices, horrible leadership, Stay AWAY!!!
Human Resources officer (Former Employee) –  MontrealOctober 9, 2015
The worst company I have ever worked for. I worked regularly until 9:00 pm every night. They fire people who take parental leave or CSST (disguised layoffs). They do not trust employees to work from home and monitor your every move in the building to make sure you are working. A culture of incompetence and job protection. Many People with long service and no education who are incompetent and over paid and work against improvements or innovations. Leadership is tossed around to fill holes in positions and really do not understand their jobs...scary!!!
Pros
Cons
company culture, Long hours, management, illegal/unethical employment practices
lots of pressure by managers to complete job even if its not in your hand.
BTS Technician (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 31, 2016
Salary is not good according to work. Lots of traveling form one city to another city in your shift. Winter time its very hard to work outside after 7pm due to dark.but this company force you to work and some shift are 5pm to 9pm only. Some guys are working only 2 days Saturday and Sunday in a week but you should available for whole week. They can force you any day. Hard part is when managers force techs to work just because they are getting good intensive in end of year. Union is just eating your money they don't do any thing for you.
Great place to work with minimal job requirements
Billing Analyst/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 16, 2016
If you decided not to pursue post secondary education and have no other passion/opportunity to pursue, then this is a great job. The bonuses can be good enough plus the base pay was $12.5 (circa 2016).

This job will teach you some important sales/persuasion skills which can be used in many other scenarios/settings, additionally, you will have considerably improved communication and small talk skills if you do the job right. Everyone is really friendly and the work environment is great. Management is superb! Doesn't get any better if you ask me.

The hardest part is the repetitiveness. I couldn't stand it after some time. But that was also the best part because some days I was half asleep and I could literally be fantasizing about my upcoming vacation and still complete the job with no trouble.
Pros
Bonuses just do what they teach you
Cons
Random hours you won't always have the weekend off.
Worked there 34.5 years it was a great place to work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bell, ONMarch 16, 2016
Started early, worked late.Had the opportunity to work on many interesting projects and teams.
I learned so much about telecom, IT, managing projects, teams, clients and vendors.
Management was good at times and not so good with certain managers.
Co-workers on the whole were great, friendly, helpful and I still keep in contact with many.
No training, not enough resources, no pay for all the hundreds of hours of worked evenings, weekends and holidays and cancelled vacations.
Team comradery and working on neat Telecom and IT technologies as well as intersting clients and there unique environments AND the
Pros
People, opportunities, 201 Olympics
Cons
Many unpaid hours
Fun workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCNovember 25, 2015
Excellent company benefits and culture. Advancement is promised but it is difficult to receive feedback. Typical workday included inventory management, payroll management, conflict resolution, training, coaching, customer service.
Good employer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 13, 2016
Great employer, good work/life balance, great benefits. Good management, great co-workers. I learned how to be a great sales associate.
Productive, fast paced and always learning new things
System Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Typical day at work included checking the files of incoming data and prepping, manipulating and updating for financial reports.
On the job I learned how to deal with time management to be more productive.
Management was always encouraging and offering constructive criticism to better production and my own skills.
Co-workers were always professional and keen to group activities.
Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the influx of data everyday but it was a challenge I couldn't handle.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction between internal customers and myself. Sharing information, proofreading, data mining. Very satisfying to investigate and come up with solutions.
Pros
Lots of courses for online training.
Cons
Not enough time in the day
A Bit Cut Throat
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABAugust 10, 2016
As a commission sales driven culture working here tends to be cut throat and a bit underhanded at times. Management is extremely top heavy. When sales targets aren't being met the CEO will berate the marketing team who in tern will berate the national managers who will turn around and etc, The problem being that the anger flows down but the explanations never made it back up as was the case in Alberta when the oil field crashed and no one was spending money.

On the plus side they do offer a decent training program, benefits package, and competative commissions structure.
Pros
commissions, training
Cons
top heavy management
Very competitive, workload-heavy, professional job.
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  GTA, ONJune 1, 2016
A typical day at work would be commuting to your designated location (mall, event, MDUs) and setting up your kiosk. Greeting customers and selling home services such as TV, internet, home phone from your kiosk. I usually work alone, unless we are located at major events such as Ribfest, Taste of Aisa, etc. Management and co-workers are very friendly and understanding. The hardest part of the job is commuting with such a big kiosk (If you are bussing) and dealing with a whole entire shift without a sale, as the job is commission-only based. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fun atmosphere and building interprofessional relationships with your customers.
Pros
Friendly, fun professional work environment
Cons
Commission-only based Pay
Incredible learning experience and development of teamwork skills
Network Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day at work involved working with my team and coding SQL to help facilitate the jobs of my peers. I learnt incredible teamwork and computer coding skills. I had a boss that lived in a different city, which allowed me to develop more independence. My management and coworkers were all very intelligent people that I learned a great deal from. The hardest part of the job was teaching myself a new computer language, and the most enjoyable part was being able to be part of a hard-working close-knit team.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Long distance
Review
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2016
Typical day at work include;
updating products and services that have been promoted and coming on to the market for knowledge and customer introduction.

managing customer questions, concerns and problem solving each situation to best service and retain customer satisfaction.

Sale products and services by recognizing each customer need or want as well as increasing sales revenue for business.

cooperating and participating as team player with all staff by providing knowledge support and guidance.

End of day balancing and reconciling invoices.
Pros
continuous staff support
Cons
sunday hours
Na
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 6, 2016
Further to my resume, I had many wonderful co-workers and we worked together so well as one team. The hardest part that we dealt with on a daily basis was the so called "red tape" , it was frustrating at times, all you wanted to do was move forward with your project however there were many steps of approval. I believe these steps could have been less painful at time and fewer steps.
The most enjoyable part of the job is watching a project move from idea to launch and knowing that you had part in the project cycle.
The internal and external customer was always my main focus, always asking the question "how will this impact the customer?"
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Bell - Pride to be part of the company
DMA Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 14, 2016
I usually start my job at 9.30, excellent place to work especially when we resolve customer issues the appreciation we get from customers. It is premier telecom company with the latest technology called Fibe which is reliable & eliminates interruptions.
We have great team members to help us in times of difficulty especially in situation where in a customer service has been disconnected due to technical issues, talking to various departments to get the issue resolved and make sure his basic services are running so that he has access to at-least 911 services in case of any emergencies.
we have numerous summer events like barbecue get-togethers, mental health awareness programs, walk to promote various issues relating to kids etc
Great employer
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Many opportunities to advance, grow the business, develop and implement new concepts. Hard working teams working together to achieve success.
Pros
Compensation, advancement, opportunities
Cons
none noted
Salary/Benefits good but to much stress.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 24, 2015
I did enjoy the first 15 years working there, you felt you could talk to management work life was possible. With out sourcing more stress on worker who are left.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Need work life balance.