BELL Employee Reviews in Canada

lots of pressure by managers to complete job even if its not in your hand.
BTS Technician (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 31, 2016
Salary is not good according to work. Lots of traveling form one city to another city in your shift. Winter time its very hard to work outside after 7pm due to dark.but this company force you to work and some shift are 5pm to 9pm only. Some guys are working only 2 days Saturday and Sunday in a week but you should available for whole week. They can force you any day. Hard part is when managers force techs to work just because they are getting good intensive in end of year. Union is just eating your money they don't do any thing for you.
productive and sharing culture with scope to learn and grow
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 10, 2016
Good job exposure and experience and scope to learn and grow. The team structure is good and experienced. It provides the learning scope and also to share the knowledge acquired through experience. The company provides vast opportunity to learn and grow within the organization.
Pros
Vast opportunity to grow within the organization
Cons
Going door to door and having long weeks with less time on weekends
Fun Place
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 11, 2016
•Worked alongside managers on shipping & merchandise investigations
•Loaded and unloaded trucks with merchandise & employee personal packages
•Processed and fulfilled orders according to date
•Worked with FedEx, UPS, Purolator, Canada Post & Canpar for shipping & receiving
•Ordered and maintained warehouse supplies
•Assisted employees with shipping costs & tracking information
•Filled out customs documentation & FCC forms for shipments going outside of Canada
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 12, 2016
Constant changes in pricing and poor customer service from the call centre makes things difficult at times to help customers. Need to assist all customers with issues/complaints as well as tech support. co-workers are great and management Is always trying to help you succeed within the business through coaching sessions and positive words of encouragement. The hardest part of the job is the high targets. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to tackle new situations and finding creative solutions while building strong rapport with your customers.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
High targets, irate customers and part time hours
Worked there 34.5 years it was a great place to work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bell, ONMarch 16, 2016
Started early, worked late.Had the opportunity to work on many interesting projects and teams.
I learned so much about telecom, IT, managing projects, teams, clients and vendors.
Management was good at times and not so good with certain managers.
Co-workers on the whole were great, friendly, helpful and I still keep in contact with many.
No training, not enough resources, no pay for all the hundreds of hours of worked evenings, weekends and holidays and cancelled vacations.
Team comradery and working on neat Telecom and IT technologies as well as intersting clients and there unique environments AND the
Pros
People, opportunities, 201 Olympics
Cons
Many unpaid hours
Life at Bell
Technical Solutions Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 9, 2016
Working at Bell taught me a great deal about cellular technology, how to communicate, and deal with difficult customers.
Good career opportunities, and programs like education services to promote career growth.
Most of my managers provided excellent support. Helping to build confidence, providing critical feedback, and coaching.
The hardest part about the job, was dealing with extremely high call volumes, maintaining difficult average handle time, with minimal external support.
The most enjoyable aspect, helping customers, working with a great team, and developing an excellent rapport with management and peers.
A great atmosphere to work in
Accounting/Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 4, 2016
I received inventory records (eg: telephone systems, telephone sets, and wiring). I would then cost the equipment and time spent of the job against the revenue revenue received and calculate the profit or loss per job.
The hardest part of the job was sometimes getting the inventory records from the managers.
The most enjoyable part was working as a team.
Pros
Learning cost accounting
Cons
Writing your own reviews
Very supportive, comfortable working atmosphere and very good staff to work with.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, ONMarch 20, 2016
Everyday you do your best to assist customers with closing the right Bell services to help meet their media needs. I have improved my sales techniques, product and industry knowledge. With my customer service skills and confidence growing each day. I enjoy the job more due to my friendly coworkers, they help give support and answers when dealing with unique situations. The hardest part of the job is not being able to satisfy every customer, sometimes we can work with every situation and I wish I could always do more for the customers. The best part about the job is meeting new people, educating customers with technology to help them stay connected and up to date.
Pros
Latest technology
Cons
Not enough hours
Not a friendly place to work
Wireless Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 7, 2016
Poor benefits and lack of teamwork. Management attendance was poor and sales staff was always angry at each other. Worked there for almost 4 years and no one was promoted from within. Instead new management was hired from outside all the time. When new staff replacement arrives, they have no clue of what's going on and most of them end up quitting within 4 months.
Daily Job Requirements
Logistics Attendant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 9, 2016
The day starts with picking and delivery of material needed by Bell Technicians for their vehicles. After then, receive material and restock shelves. When time and availability is present, the vehicles must be taken to repair garage for maintenance and repair.

Also, being in the warehouse, we must be able to service the technicians needs as far as material, tools and general assistance in getting the technicians out to their required appointments.
Pros
Clothing and adjustable hours are supplied
Cons
Workload and lack of employees to do the necessary jobs at hand.

Comment – April 21, 2016

Job is 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, rotating days off. A lot of stress getting all work done. More people would help but company insists on minimum staff.

Incredible learning experience and development of teamwork skills
Network Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day at work involved working with my team and coding SQL to help facilitate the jobs of my peers. I learnt incredible teamwork and computer coding skills. I had a boss that lived in a different city, which allowed me to develop more independence. My management and coworkers were all very intelligent people that I learned a great deal from. The hardest part of the job was teaching myself a new computer language, and the most enjoyable part was being able to be part of a hard-working close-knit team.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Long distance
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 28, 2016
My typical day goes by fast and mostly have me doing super-multi tasking.
Being an end user Tier-2 support, I end up learning new things everyday due to existing and latest technical issues.
Co-workers are always fun to work with because you learn from them everyday, and build a good day-to-day professional relationship.
The hardest part of my job, for me, are the days possessing stagnancy. I love developments.
The most enjoyable part of any job, I must say, is challenges that push you go an extra mile to learn something.
Productive environment where the customer was number one and employees were treated with respect.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 25, 2016
I have learned just about everything there is to know about customer service in this company. The days at work were intense and required attentiveness at all time. This of course was all in the spirit of giving excellent service to he customer.
Management was attentive to employees and always available to better the service.
Co-workers were great people with the same objectives ready and willing to share responsibilities.
The most difficult part of the job, keeping the customers and employees 100% satisfied, was also the most enjoyable and challenging.
Benefits
Cons
Too few hours - 32 1/2 hours work week
Productive and face to face dealing with clients
Sales Consultant and Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 21, 2016
• It`s very productive and dealing with client face to face on daily basis.
• Networking.
• Learning every year new products and keep our self-updated with new plans and the projects.
• Working with team like as family
• Any issues comes we always break the ice and deal with it very smoothly.
• We always have fun at work with clients, laugh, talk and enjoy.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Same pay
Door to Door, Team based sales
Residential Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  North York, ONJanuary 17, 2016
To start the day, I head to my territory, send my GPS co-ordinates, to head office, so that my Manager knows that I'm on field.
I then proceed to follow a lead list showing me which houses in the neighborhood qualify for services upgrades. I then speak to the homeowners and try to present our product and all the benefits that go with it. I work with a great sales team, and the manager is really helpful. The hardest part of the job is getting people to give you their time to talk. I do however like actually speaking to them, there is a good chance I will meet and speak to unique families.
Excellent work environment.... challenging workload!!!!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 15, 2016
It was great to know how Bell Contract Administration Group worked. Have enjoyed the team work as well as working with the Subcontractors. Have learned a lot regarding the different tools and applications as well as all the training done. It prepared us all well for the mission we had in front of us.
The challenge we had made us work hard to reduce the number of WIP projects, and concentrate better in the existing ones to be able to overcome the issues and also helped the subcontractors to close them all well.
Pros
Tools and work environment
Cons
No so much things....
Productive, fast paced and always learning new things
System Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Typical day at work included checking the files of incoming data and prepping, manipulating and updating for financial reports.
On the job I learned how to deal with time management to be more productive.
Management was always encouraging and offering constructive criticism to better production and my own skills.
Co-workers were always professional and keen to group activities.
Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the influx of data everyday but it was a challenge I couldn't handle.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction between internal customers and myself. Sharing information, proofreading, data mining. Very satisfying to investigate and come up with solutions.
Pros
Lots of courses for online training.
Cons
Not enough time in the day
Bonne opportunité!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 1, 2016
Dynamic company
Very friendly staff,
Cooperative and helpful co-workers, great interaction between co-workers, helpful supervisors.
I really enjoyed working with Bell but the salary was too low.
Probably, because I was hired by a subcontractor of Bell.
Good benefits.
Pros
Good benefits, challenging environment
Cons
Busy work place
Large company
Control Center Associate (Dispatcher) (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 2, 2016
I worked in non union and union positions in this company. The differences were great between both. The people I worked with in this role were great. It was an office environment a lot of dispatch duties. Strong commitment to health and safety. Management and coworkers were awesome.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Variety in work shifts
Productive and new learning experience
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 25, 2016
The work at Bell was really nice and the management are supportive people. A day went with sales of bell products and I learnt how to improvise on my skills. My co-workers are helpful and the hardest part was outside marketing. The most enjoyable part was to speak to customers.
Pros
Good Experience
Cons
Tedious Hours