BELL Employee Reviews

fun workplace to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2017
Awesome experience, (great company to work for)
Gain my first Customer experience
place for growth
management great to work with
close to home
flexible hours
Good place for Coop
Junior Infrastructure Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 January 2017
Junior Infrastructure Manager September - December 2014
Bell Aliant Inc., Halifax, NS, Canada

I really found it is a great experience as a Coop student to apply school's knowledge into practice.
Productive and Rewarding Work Enviornment
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2017
A typical day involves promoting safety which involves demonstrating safe driving practices and using all PPE. Working professionally in installing and repairing all BELL services. Workplace involves a lot of problem solving skills, working under pressure, teamwork, being honest and discipline and energetic. We have a very supportive and reliable management team who constantly communicate with technicians to ensure their safety and also if any potential difficulty in doing the job. The hardest part of the job is maintaining a proper and healthy family/ work life balance. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of this job, being a level5 technician, is see the sense of satisfaction, relief , happiness resulting with smiles on the customers' faces after solving a prolong issue they were having.
Pros
Interactive, Room for advancement, Every job is unique
Cons
unhealthy family/ work life balance
Fast paced work environment
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 January 2017
A typical day at work was taking client care calls, resolving billing issues, and helping customers make other chances to their mobile phone account as well as minor troubleshooting
-I learned a lot about cell phones such as Apple, Android, Blackberry. Also learnt a lot about troubleshooting each kind of phones mentioned above. Moreover also learnt a lot about how to calm upset customers as well as little up-sells of newer features and plans company would offer over the course of time. I learnt how to explain things in visual detail with my words as we were to help customers over the phone.
At times having free lunch and games as well as meeting a lot of great people to work with was the most enjoyable part of the job.
great workplace
Business Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL21 January 2017
I worked with Bell Aliant for 29 years and retired in December 2016. I enjoyed my work there, the people were great. The company offered a retirement package and I applied and didn't expect to get it but i did, therefore I had no choice but retire. It was a high demanding position with dispatching technicians for offshore, troubles with major companies across Newfoundland & Labrador.
Ever Changing and good problem solving abilities
Field Technician/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2017
This is an environment to help build and test your communication skills as well problem solving skills. Independent working with a great support team of managers and support call centre to make the customer experience better.
Best working environment and intelligent people to work
Database Administrator (DBA) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2017
Bell is good employer and has good team work approach in co-operate culture. Nice and Intelligent people makes the day to day engagement give you good working experience.
Good and honest
Program, Process, and Project Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2017
IVR Application consultant leading with a group of developers. Design, implement, testing, and support are my typical day at work. Good management. Enjoy working with co-workers.
Opportunity to grow with the company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 January 2017
Great traning program and coaching by management
good incentive program,good employee culture to get you motivated.Fairly good benefits. Good amount of time off.
Pros
Nice people to work with and great environment, Hours were pretty great too due to the balance and number of individuals working
Cons
The management might ask for too much at times and provide little assistance in other situation, Sometimes management seems disorganized
Okay
Technician (Current Employee) –  downtown toronto16 January 2017
Work/ life balance is horrible, policies and procedures are always changing. The union is there to help but often complaints or issues go unresolved, co-workers are amazing (probably the best part of the job) there are a lot of stipulations around benefits.
Bell Aliant, Was it really a Good Place.
Owner/Manager (Current Employee) –  Digby, NS16 January 2017
If you work for the company maybe, but I was always a Contractor. Benefits are the Demo's, a few trips, and nothing else. I got paid once a month, we were very sales driven, and it was difficult to meet the expected out comes in the rural markets in the later years. As competition increased, they keep trying to squeeze more our of their people for less. Telecommunications continues to be competitive and limited rewards.
Pros
Pro's Free Cell and Internet Demo Lines, a Few trips.
Cons
Long hours at times, no benefit package.
Great place to build a career
Senior Project Manager/Managing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 January 2017
Great company to build an interesting and lasting career. Great opportunities to work in various business units for broader understanding of the industry
Pros
Flexible wok schedule
Cons
Long hour, high intensity, pressure anc challenge
Sales Consultant
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 January 2017
This is a great job opportunity for young students but not something one should seek as a permanent career. There is maximum salary set that you can never surpass and the commission structure is frequently being changed to make sales less lucrative. The company says it likes to promote within and you can make it to head office but that is untrue for a large portion of the scenarios. Essentially Bell likes to think up new ways for workers to DO MORE while being PAID LESS.
No respect for employees.
Telecommunications Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON13 January 2017
Forced Overtime. Disciplined if cant make it in for OT because of personal obligations. Late notice night before schedule changes.The company can't forecast the workload properly. Lies to customers sometimes to get a sale. Company wastes money on tracking, and pointless programs that don't help the technicians but in fact make their job more difficult and stressful. Poor communication at BTS. No respect for humanity and values.
Enjoy working outside, and dealing with different troubles and troubleshooting.
Pros
Lots of OT
Cons
Don't respect their employees
fun team environment
Team Lead ­ Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2017
Helped prioritize work schedules and delegated assignments and developed solutions as part of quality management team.
Easily establish rapport with people of all ages, cultures, and beliefs.
Analyzed economic conditions, business trends and potential markets. Excellent motivational, planning and communication skills, with proven results building winning teams that exceed objectives.
Technically oriented - resourceful in problem solving and strategic planning to alleviate problems and took initiative in evaluating opportunities for team members.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no team working
A good sales job.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 January 2017
Bell does a fairly good job or treating their employees well. After commission, most consultants make around the $40,000 range, however you can make a bit more depending on how much you sell. At the end of the day, it is a sales focused job.
Great work environment
Bell Field Sales (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 January 2017
This job was great! There was many benefits to working outside with your team. Pursuing and track clients was always rewarding. Door to door sales, 100% commission is can be a great opportunity. I have done commission only door to door sales for four summers. It has treated me really well. 100% commission especially in a door to door environment allows you to get paid what you are worth.

You control how many doors you knock on in a day. You control the attitude and presentation you deliver at the door. Quite honestly, it becomes a numbers game. The more doors you knock with a positive attitude the more money you will make. A company isn't going to let you go for one bad day of sales, but they also don't want slackers dragging down their other sales representatives.
Pros
Good schedule
Cons
Work during bad weather
Overall a good experience
UC Specialist (Former Employee) –  All over the place6 January 2017
I had a lot of fun during my time at Bell. I traveled frequently, worked on large projects and had access to training funds. Unfortunately, business objectives change and the unit I was in ended up being eliminated. I had a fantastic manager and director. I believe that George Cope's vision for the company is solid. However, the internal day to day workings of Bell is chaotic. I liken it to being with a group of Alzheimer's patients - every day is new. Nothing you did yesterday applies. Some coworkers are great, most of them are less than mediocre. It's somewhat of a dog eat dog mentality. Everyone wants to save themselves (from being redundant). That is part of the chaos. Everyone's experience will be different depending on what part of the company you are in. Some have a terrible experience. Others, like myself, will have or have had a good manager that made showing up worth it.
Pros
Work from home, travel, training, good projects
Cons
Long hours traveling, frequent layoffs
experience sales people beware....
Salesman (Former Employee) –  various5 January 2017
Having worked at Bell over three separate times this is the worse. Bell 'sub-contracts' the function to PCS who is the employer and the culture is cutthroat for numbers , not listening to feedback on locations, and just simple bad management in this organizational matrix situation.
Bell employees have priority to your sales and lost commissions and reported but nothing done.

Good entry position to see if you are a 'sale-person' but anyone with experience would not put up with the situation
Pros
Pay is in bank on time all the time
Cons
management, sales locations, people and strategy
Productive and great workplace
B2B Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 January 2017
Daily interactions with great people. Awesome work environment, lots of positive energy and great culture to work in. Did B2B sales daily interacting with business owners. I love customer service so this was a great job. Very independent work
Pros
Great people
Cons
all commission